PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favourite senior Bangladesh Player?

SportingBD
August 22, 2017, 11:01 AM
Who is your favourite player from the seniors?

Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mashrafe Bin Mortaza.

Please vote and say why? What makes them your favourite.

Thanks

SportingBD
August 22, 2017, 12:11 PM
I have voted for Mashrafe.

His attitude, passion and dedication to play and represent Bangladesh is something unique.

Yankees
August 22, 2017, 06:02 PM
How can I be the only one to vote for Shakib? This is sad.

I voted for Shakib because he gets so much hate here. But for me its Shakib and Mash equally. One brought respectability to Bangladesh with his talent, the other brought respect with his captaincy and personality.

Roy_1
August 22, 2017, 10:07 PM
Shakib easily is the best among them. Why is Mahmudullah so underrated? yes he is a bit inconsistent and not as talented as say Shakib or Tamim but his performances tend to have more impact than the rest, big match player, scored in the WC, performed in CT where it mattered the most. I think when he performs BD wins more often than not, I don't have the exact stats though.

DinRaat.
August 22, 2017, 10:42 PM
Voted for Tamim, I think you guys know why.

SportingBD
August 23, 2017, 02:37 AM
Voted for Tamim, I think you guys know why.

No. What is the reason bro?

SportingBD
August 23, 2017, 02:40 AM
How can I be the only one to vote for Shakib? This is sad.

I voted for Shakib because he gets so much hate here. But for me its Shakib and Mash equally. One brought respectability to Bangladesh with his talent, the other brought respect with his captaincy and personality.

Shakib divides opinion. Always somehow gets into problems with fans.

Thanks to his wife!

Unlike most other BD cricketers, there are a lot that dislike him (due to off field behaviour)

DinRaat.
August 23, 2017, 03:25 AM
No. What is the reason bro?

Ahem.....Just a tiny list of TIK accolades

1st Double Century

Highest score in BD

Centuries in all three formats

Wisden's cricketer of the year

100 against England both at home and away.

100 in mutiple Asia Cups

16 Man of the match awards across all the formats

Represented BD proudly in the MCC XI vs ROW

Saved our *** many times from complete embarassment, notably vs Ireland where BD by just 27 runs

Brilliant 95 against a strong Aus side.

Other than Al-Hasan`s number 1, allrounder status, Tamim is, was and will be Bangladesh`s greatest ever player. Period.

SportingBD
August 23, 2017, 09:10 AM
There seems to be no clear favourite!

Literally all the seniors have fan favourites.

Will be interesting to see at the end who edges it in the poll.

aklemalp
August 23, 2017, 09:42 AM
I love all of seniors. No point having a favorite...which would divide us.

When they put on the national colors, they represent their country in a sport that is the great uniter!

I used to be a die hard Shakib fan, I still am...along with all the rest...

roman
August 23, 2017, 09:48 AM
No love for Riyad? Come on guys. Show this man some el woh bhee ee

SportingBD
August 23, 2017, 09:49 AM
Lol. How does having a favourite cricketer divide us?

They all represent and contribute for Bangladesh.

Having a favourite doesn't mean to say we think one is better than the other.
It's just maybe we like the more in the sense as to what they bring to the team.

It could be that they motivate us differently! Or that we saw them do something special.
There are many different reasons for having a favourite player.

Not sure how it divides us though.

aklemalp
August 23, 2017, 09:50 AM
Lol. How does having a favourite cricketer divide us?

They all represent and contribute for Bangladesh.

It's just maybe we like the more in the sense as to what they bring to the team.

It could be that they motivate us differently! Or that we saw them do something special.
There are many different reasons for having a favourite player.

Not sure how it divides us though.

Just my opinion dude!

SportingBD
August 23, 2017, 09:52 AM

When Riyad retires, Isam should use these titles:

The Unsung Hero of Bangladesh!

The tiger that roars in big events!

Yankees
August 23, 2017, 10:19 AM

I do. The seniors are not all equal and shouldn't be treated as such. It's not fair to Shakib, who is a class apart. I will say it again because it deserves repeating: Shakib is our only world class player.

Mash has pretty much universal respect both from BD and foreign fans. These two are our top tier.

Then you have Tamim who wasted his talent. He should be our 2nd world class player, but he's not and it's his own fault. For someone with all the advantages that he's had (talent, nepotism, family wealth), he's done jack s*it. Yea he's had a good CT so maybe it's not too late. I will happily eat my words if he continues like this, but knowing him, I very much doubt it. At the end of the day, I will root for Tamim but I don't respect him.

For all his batting powess, Mushy is very immature and a terrible captain. Celebrating before the win against India in T20 WC, crying after being criticized, constantly putting his foot in his mouth numerous times. He does have heart and always gives his best, which no one can deny.

Behind all of them is Riyad. Yea he had a memorable game against NZ and the two 100s. And that's pretty much yet. He's been playing for over a decade, yet only has 3 innings to show for it. He seems humble and is a respectable guy, but he has no business being grouped with the other 4. It's not fair to them.

Before all of you jump at me defending your favorite player, just know I've heard it all. No need to talk about Shakib's shortcomings and over compensate Tamim/Riyad's heroics. Cheers.

Zeeshan
August 23, 2017, 12:07 PM

He doesn't have the 'it' factor. The Pzzaaz. The oomph. The volupt. The sass. The jazz. The chutzpah. The genova. I don't even know what I am saying now...

He is a very 'boring' player. He gets the job done like Dravid or something. But isn't it astonishing that he defiantly won us the very last game we are so proud of?

It is a bit unfortunate we don't appreicate the silent professionals. It is I guess human nature we long for Tal-like flash and brilliance who makes all the sexy shots and moves, instead of the quiet ones who move incrementally. C'est la vie I guess. But I will tell you this: he is one of the most improved players of recent time.

aklemalp
August 23, 2017, 12:10 PM
Where's Imrul Kayes in all of this?

Should have had an option that says 'other'

SportingBD
August 23, 2017, 12:24 PM
It is a bit unfortunate we don't appreicate the silent professionals. It is I guess human nature we long for Tal-like flash and brilliance who makes all the sexy shots and moves, instead of the quiet ones who move incrementally. C'est la vie I guess. But I will tell you this: he is one of the most improved players of recent time.

Couldn't have said it better. Beautifully written.

SportingBD
August 23, 2017, 12:27 PM
Where's Imrul Kayes in all of this?

Should have had an option that says 'other'

Unfortunately Imrul Kayes doesn't fall into the senior bracket.
Poll considered only the known/consistent senior players of the last decade.

R0ssei
August 23, 2017, 12:39 PM
I voted for Tamim for all the reasons DinRaat mentioned +

I've a weakness for LH stylish batsman. Same reason I loved Lara, Anwar, Sanga etc. I've carefully watched Tamim's drive/strokes and compared with other BD batsmen (SS, Sabbir etc.). To me, it's a different class all-together.

I've nothing against Shakib and Mash.

aklemalp
August 23, 2017, 12:43 PM
Unfortunately Imrul Kayes doesn't fall into the senior bracket.
Poll considered only the known/consistent senior players of the last decade.

Oh okay... I thought Imrul Kayes 2.0 was better and consistent than Mamadulla. Let's remember how you used to play part time keeper, when the senior keeper was injured. Nuff respect for him :)

RealSports
August 23, 2017, 05:33 PM
I chose Mushfiqur because he's the best batsman in the side with a sound technique. Has a strong work ethic, and plays with a lot of heart. Also, he's been keeping behind the stumps even though he may not be the best keeper of Bangladesh. I know his captaincy sucks, but he's not made out to be a captain – doesn't have the leadership skills.

MarufH
August 23, 2017, 05:44 PM
Mashrafe - hands down! Because he is an amazing human being!

tejkuni
August 23, 2017, 06:56 PM

1st Double Century

Highest score in BD

100 in mutiple Asia Cups

Saved our *** many times from complete embarassment, notably vs Ireland where BD by just 27 runs

Other than Al-Hasan`s number 1, allrounder status, Tamim is, was and will be Bangladesh`s greatest ever player. Period.

I voted for Tamim. He brought the aggressiveness to the new generation. 16 year old Tamim's 6 against Zahir Khan in 2007 WC, still gives me immense pleasure and then his back to back centuries in England (as a teen). Like Wordworth's Daffodils, those are my "Bliss of Solitude"

Zeeshan
August 23, 2017, 08:03 PM
Ditto ^^^

I believe Tamim, Aftab, Ash and Rafique and Mashrafe in the lower order brought and even pioneered the risk taking aggressive brand of cricket that we were never known for. Shakib is world class is all that, but it is Tamim who got out off our collective comfort zone.

aklemalp
August 23, 2017, 08:17 PM
^^ in other words, that's when the Tiger's teeth was sharp as ever?

Gowza
August 23, 2017, 10:24 PM
I like tamim because he seems to be the one who has grown the most, shakib is basically the same as ever, mushy with enough experience was always going to be relatively successful given his batting style and technique.

jabbar
August 24, 2017, 03:27 AM

1st Double Century

Highest score in BD

100 in mutiple Asia Cups

"Always will be"? That isnt very optimistic is it? We all hope there will be another player to match or beat these players.

I have my money on Mehedi as BDs next GOAT

SportingBD
August 25, 2017, 02:45 PM
Mahmudullah finally received one vote:)

Mashrafe leads the poll.. sounds familiar? leads? leader? hmm.

MHRAM
August 25, 2017, 10:27 PM
Riad hasn't won us too many matches. True he helped us win two matches in ICC events but that's all. His stats are still poor especially in tests. A much improved T20 player though. Played in PSL CPL too
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Eclipse
August 26, 2017, 03:18 AM
Tamim. He's the only world class player in our team.

DinRaat.
August 26, 2017, 03:31 AM
Tamim. He's the only world class player in our team.

For once I actually agree with you.

:clap: