PDA

View Full Version : MILESTONE: Shakib's 50th Test

aklemalp
August 24, 2017, 11:02 AM
The upcoming series opener against the Aussies will be BD's top allrounder's 50th test match.

Which of his previous 49 tests were too memorable for you?

For me, it has be those back-to-back matches in the West Indies in 2009, the series where I watched from the 1st ball to the last.

shuridh
August 24, 2017, 11:49 AM
7 wk against nz.
100 against nz in nz in 2nd inn.
144 against Pakistan.
117 against SL.

Night_wolf
August 24, 2017, 11:58 AM
7 wk against nz.
100 against nz in nz in 2nd inn.
144 against Pakistan.
117 against SL.

all of these + two back to back 5 wk hall vs SA in SA
96 in 69 balls vs SL in tri series where we lost to ZIM and had to beat SL by 25 overs in order to qualify for the finals
2010 NZ series where he became only the 2nd player in ODI history to score 200+ runs and take 10+ wickets in a two team series consisting of less than 5 matches
that 3 wicket over vs ENG which sealed our 1st test win vs G8

shuridh
August 24, 2017, 12:09 PM
113 against nz in champions trophy is also memorable.

RealSports
August 24, 2017, 03:25 PM
He knows he has underachieved. I remember that 144 against Pakistan, and that innings was full of class!!! he was on course for 200 until his partner (mushy) ran him out!!! I rate that his best test knock. With the ball, those back-to-back five wicket hauls away to South Africa. Shakib has yet to play a test against Australia despite playing for over ten years.

Tigers_eye
August 24, 2017, 03:32 PM
Hopefully the best is yet to come since now he knows his role properly.

"Kill them all and come back alone."

NoName
August 24, 2017, 09:53 PM
The sad thing is it took him roughly 10 years to reach 50 tests.....

shuridh
August 27, 2017, 05:19 AM
Scored 84 in a turnning and bouncy pitch.

Night_wolf
August 27, 2017, 05:21 AM
fun face: we have won 150th odi for shakib, tamim, mash and mushy :D

can we win the 50th test of shakib and tamim? well both of them are playing their 50th test in this match so the voodoo must be stronger!

simon
August 27, 2017, 08:00 AM
Poor guy missed his 100
I did not watch his innings, was he playing sensibly or were there some typical flashy shots ?

oronnya
August 27, 2017, 08:48 AM
Poor guy missed his 100
I did not watch his innings, was he playing sensibly or were there some typical flashy shots ?

Shakib was playing like Shakib :facepalm: . I just wonder how such a reckless and streaky batsman accumulates so many runs against good bowling attack and in trying conditions. He must be doing something right (I don't know what as I am not an expert)

Yankees
August 27, 2017, 09:12 AM
Shakib fastest to 3,500 runs and 150 wickets.

Does it in 50 games, second closest is Ian Botham and Garry Sobers in 63 games.

But yea whatever, keep saying he's not ATG. :lol:
Bangladesh doesn't deserve Shakib Al Hasan.

http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/08/shakib-surpasses-sobers-botham/

(btw, the great Imran Khan and Kapil Dev are 7th and 8th on the list)

tejkuni
August 27, 2017, 09:29 AM

If gets 5 wickets against Australia, he will equal Herath, Murali, and Steyn. Plus he will have the chance to go ahead them by getting 5fers against Ireland & Afghanistan.

Yankees
August 27, 2017, 09:34 AM
If gets 5 wickets against Australia, he will equal Herath, Murali, and Steyn. Plus he will have the chance to go ahead them by getting 5fers against Ireland & Afghanistan.

This is literally his first (and maybe last) shot at Australia. How many chances did those guys get before their 5fers?

This is my problem with cricket. It's unfair to compare milestones or totals because some countries just play more. This is why the India centric cricinfo media loves "total runs" and "total wickets," it over inflates their own players because no one plays more than India.

I prefer "fastest to" and career averages, which are much better indicators.

shuridh
August 27, 2017, 09:43 AM
Shakib was playing like Shakib :facepalm: . I just wonder how such a reckless and streaky batsman accumulates so many runs against good bowling attack and in trying conditions. He must be doing something right (I don't know what as I am not an expert)

Shakib has a fighting mentality and that is reflected in his batting.

Night_wolf
August 27, 2017, 10:35 AM

He will be the fastest to 5000 runs in 250 wks in Odi cricket..the current fastest is abdur razzaq who achived it in 258 matches..shakib needs 27 runs and 26 wickets..he currently has played 177 matches

If he can take 26 wickets and score 27 runs in 22 matches he'll achive this all rounding feat in less than 200 matches..just looking at the current fastest who took 250+ matches makes you wonder how special shakib's feat is

mufi_02
August 27, 2017, 10:42 AM

Was there ever any doubt? We will only realize his significance after he retires.

By the way, I liked the way he celebrated Lyon's wicket. Even though it's only a night watchman, but it shows he is pumped and in his zone.

aklemalp
August 27, 2017, 10:45 AM
Was there ever any doubt? We will only realize his significance after he retires.

By the way, I liked the way he celebrated Lyon's wicket. Even though it's only a night watchman, but it shows he is pumped and in his zone.

It's CPL fever. Just kidding.lol

Yeah, I saw how Nigel Long was so pensive before raising his finger. There was bit of poetry in it.

Night_wolf
August 27, 2017, 10:45 AM

All the Talk about Jason G must have on his mind

Mas_UK25
August 27, 2017, 12:54 PM
Bangladesh-er Jaan. Bangladesh-er praan. For a reason!

simon
August 27, 2017, 12:57 PM

hehe, I also don't know how he does it.
ekattor tv reporter said Sakib could have been out 5 times today.
I think he goes by Shamim's " fortune favors the brave "formula.

Yankees
August 27, 2017, 01:12 PM

Absolutely. Once in a generation talent doesn't come along very often. We will be lucky if Miraz ends up half the player Sakib has been.

NoName
August 27, 2017, 01:32 PM
Shakib needs 4 more wickets to be part of a rare club, he can do it.

Eclipse
August 27, 2017, 01:32 PM
A Bangladeshi great, no doubt about it.

RazabQ
August 27, 2017, 02:08 PM
A Bangladeshi great, no doubt about it.Khekz. That. Must. Have. Hurt.

zman
August 27, 2017, 02:23 PM
Let's give a big hand to those who think Shak isn't worthy of being in the conversation of ATG's. Kudos to the folks for at least trying to understand the game. Now stop wasting your time and torturing your brain cells. Start following the great sport of Ludo. Then please come back and enlighten us about the different nuances of that great sport and strategies that make ATG Ludo players.

I'm not going to waste my time pulling stats because they simply don't matter to them. Couple of random thoughts; in tests Shak's batting avg against Zim is actually lower than his overall avg of 40+. If T20 performance should be the yard stick for ATG'ness, Afridi>>>Tendulkar by a country mile.

MHRAM
August 27, 2017, 02:29 PM
Shakib is a borderline great and expected to become a legend soon
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

oronnya
August 27, 2017, 10:00 PM
Shakib has a fighting mentality and that is reflected in his batting.

Yeah he does have that but still it doesn't explain how he scores those run without sound technique... Looks like he has mastered a technique of his own in all those recklessness which only he can pull off ... Very weird ...

oronnya
August 27, 2017, 10:03 PM
hehe, I also don't know how he does it.
ekattor tv reporter said Sakib could have been out 5 times today.
I think he goes by Shamim's " fortune favors the brave "formula.

Yeah easily he could have been out several times. I don't know how many times he will ride on fortunes !! Hope he doesn't run out of luck soon, specially when playing for Bangladesh !!

shuridh
August 28, 2017, 01:32 AM
Already gets 2 wickets.

RazabQ
August 28, 2017, 04:39 AM
Waiting for Eclipse to $hit on Shakib's performance so far. Because you know. IPL.

MHRAM
August 28, 2017, 04:42 AM
Just because Shakib spends an entire IPL season in the bench doesn't mean he is world class.

He will go down in history as the greatest spin bowling allrounder

Yankees
August 28, 2017, 04:45 AM
It's official: Shakib now has 5ers against all 9 Test playing nations. Only one of 4 players to have achieved this feat.

shuridh
August 28, 2017, 05:14 AM
What a legend.

Night_wolf
August 28, 2017, 06:22 AM
It's official: Shakib now has 5ers against all 9 Test playing nations. Only one of 4 players to have achieved this feat.

to achieve this needed only one innings against the only nation that was missing

RealSports
August 28, 2017, 06:33 AM
He could've done it less than fifty matches had he got to play Australia a lot sooner which is why stats aren't everything because you need to take other factors into account. I'm surprised he's not that far ahead in terms of ranking points ahead of the other players when he's clearly the undisputed #1 all-rounder of the world. He could've even scored a test 100 against every test playing nation had he gotten enough matches to play. Fact is he's right up there amongst the best all-rounders of all time – top ten.

shakibrulz
August 28, 2017, 06:51 AM

Murali, Sobers, Steyn. Herath being the others. What a playah. Always rated his bowling so much more and glad to see him amongst wickets again.

Habib
August 28, 2017, 06:58 AM
Congrats to Shak the legend. The last piece of the puzzle found. What an achievement! :applause:

Shadow
August 28, 2017, 07:32 AM
Very good feat from the top All rounder.

godzilla
August 28, 2017, 08:02 AM
Waiting for Eclipse to $hit on Shakib's performance so far. Because you know. IPL.

Won't be showing his face for a while ... Cause you know Shakib is crap and Jadeja is the King of allrounders :/

tiger1000
August 28, 2017, 08:10 AM
Shakib is a borderline great and expected to become a legend soon

There is no borderline, he's a Bono fide great

DinRaat.
August 28, 2017, 09:12 AM
Shakib an ATG??!!

You guys are smoking some weird ****, he bowled in a spinners track, and has played in mirpur almost half his career, he scored a few runs why so suprrised

oronnya
August 28, 2017, 09:47 AM
Murali, Sobers, Steyn. Herath being the others. What a playah. Always rated his bowling so much more and glad to see him amongst wickets again.

Woowww great to see you back after a long time !!! It took some really special performance from Shakib to bring you back in the forum. Great job Shakib 👍👍

Zeeshan
August 28, 2017, 12:10 PM
ATG ta ki ektu beshi hoye gelo na?

RazabQ
August 28, 2017, 12:20 PM
I'm against labeling anyone as an all time anything until there career is over. But I do believe that Shakib would walk into the New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Zim sides based on present form. Only India with its ridiculous batting line-up and the Jaddu/Ashwin combo, and Engerland with its Moeen/Stokes combo are squads where he wouldn't be an automatic starter. He is easily one of the most consistent and high-achieving cricketer of this last 10 years.

Yankees
August 28, 2017, 02:51 PM
He could've done it less than fifty matches had he got to play Australia a lot sooner which is why stats aren't everything because you need to take other factors into account. I'm surprised he's not that far ahead in terms of ranking points ahead of the other players when he's clearly the undisputed #1 all-rounder of the world. He could've even scored a test 100 against every test playing nation had he gotten enough matches to play. Fact is he's right up there amongst the best all-rounders of all time – top ten.

This is just being able to achieve the feat against all other 9 teams. Believe me, he's the "fastest to" in a bunch of other categories.

Yankees
August 28, 2017, 02:52 PM
to achieve this needed only one innings against the only nation that was missing

How amazing is that? I just had a feeling he would do it in this test. Which is why I went berzerk when Shafiul dropped that catch.

Yankees
August 28, 2017, 02:56 PM
I'm against labeling anyone as an all time anything until there career is over. But I do believe that Shakib would walk into the New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Zim sides based on present form. Only India with its ridiculous batting line-up and the Jaddu/Ashwin combo, and Engerland with its Moeen/Stokes combo are squads where he wouldn't be an automatic starter. He is easily one of the most consistent and high-achieving cricketer of this last 10 years.

There's no way India and England takes Jadeja and Ali over Shakib. Also, Shakib would have established himself in the team long before Moeen has a chance to debut.

RazabQ
August 28, 2017, 04:16 PM
Yankee - key phrase there is "present form". On present form, Jaddu and Ashwin are more penetrative bowlers. And good enough bats. On present form, Stokes AND Moeen combined keep Shakib out.

Yankees
August 28, 2017, 04:48 PM
Yankee - key phrase there is "present form". On present form, Jaddu and Ashwin are more penetrative bowlers. And good enough bats. On present form, Stokes AND Moeen combined keep Shakib out.

I still don't understand. Are you saying Jaddu/Ashwin is better than Shakib/Aswhin? Or Moeen/Stokes better than Shakib/Stokes? I mean how do u figure?

bujhee kom
August 28, 2017, 05:41 PM
I am proud of Shakib Al Hasan. A fantastic cricketer athlete Bangladesh gave birth to. I give absolute credit to Shakib's mom and dad for raising such an athlete, such a great sportsman.

My sincere salaam to his parents, early coaches, teachers and all the people from his childhood, youth, from Magura to BKSP who played their roles in developing Shakib, his hunger, skill and sportsmanship.

Simply beautiful.

iDumb
August 28, 2017, 06:53 PM
It is shakib al hasans Bangladesh ... we just live in it.

Tigers_eye
August 30, 2017, 04:47 AM
Only player in test cricket history to take 10 wickets and score 80+ in two matches. What a mile stone.

shakibrulz
August 30, 2017, 04:52 AM
What a hero.

Night_wolf
August 30, 2017, 05:05 AM
Only player in test cricket history to take 10 wickets and score 80+ in two matches. What a mile stone.

wish he scored that 16 runs..he is only the 3rd player to score 100 and take 10 wickets but that feat came against ZIM, whenever this record is brought up haters say its against ZIM. those 16 runs would have shut the haters down permanently..also would have been the only player in history to get 100 and 10 wks in a match twice.

tiger1000
August 30, 2017, 05:13 AM

Number of cricketers to score a half-century and take ten wickets in a match more than once. By achieving this feat in Mirpur, Shakib Al Hasan joined a rare club with Richard Hadlee. The New Zealand great did this thrice, one more than Shakib

2 more he'll become undisputed

NoName
August 30, 2017, 11:52 AM
Number of cricketers to score a half-century and take ten wickets in a match more than once. By achieving this feat in Mirpur, Shakib Al Hasan joined a rare club with Richard Hadlee. The New Zealand great did this thrice, one more than Shakib

2 more he'll become undisputed

Hadlee must have been a beast, he was a pacer too damn!

Zeeshan
August 30, 2017, 11:56 AM
http://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F1118410_800x450. png&w=1006&h=566&scale=crop&cquality=80&location=origin

bujhee kom
August 30, 2017, 12:42 PM
What a hero.

Dear sister, you finally happy?
Khusi tow apne?

R0ssei
August 30, 2017, 01:09 PM
What an achievement on 50th test!
10 wickets + 89 runs = MoM

Most importantly, he made the difference for our first win over AUS.

Bravo #Shakib

Zeeshan
August 30, 2017, 02:06 PM
Nice write up by Mohammad Isam

Excerpt:

Not that Shakib has tried to force the issue on anyone, but the numbers and list of achievements are growing. He played a central role in Bangladesh's thrilling 20-run win in the first Test against Australia. In Bangladesh's first innings, he struck a fifty and strung together a counter-attacking partnership with Tamim Iqbal to lift them from 10 for 3. He was then a constant threat in both of Australia's innings, and finished with a second 10-wicket haul.

Before Shakib, only Richard Hadlee had achieved a ten-for and fifty in a Test more than once. Shakib also became the fourth bowler to take a five-for against nine teams. Three years ago, he became the fourth cricketer to score a hundred and take 10 wickets in a Test. Shakib took the fewest Tests to achieve the double of 3000 runs and 150 wickets, and is one of a rare group to have a bowling average lower than the batting average.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20506575/shakib-al-hasan-quest-excellence-inspires-bangladesh

SportingBD
August 30, 2017, 02:18 PM

Excerpt:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20506575/shakib-al-hasan-quest-excellence-inspires-bangladesh

Isam been pulling off some good articles recently.

After that 007 agent thread. The heat got to him. Upped his game.

tiger1000
August 30, 2017, 03:34 PM
Hadlee must have been a beast, he was a pacer too damn!

He was a bowler who could bat, not a genuine all rounder, but him and shakib contributed 42% to the actual team by themselves, when the likes of Botham Khan sober and the rest were well below in the 30's behind both Shakib and Hadlee

Yankees
August 30, 2017, 06:05 PM

Excerpt:

At the end of the day, any way you slice it, the stats constantly back up Shakib. Any category you bring up, he's always either the top or near the top of all rounders. To say he's not ATG is to say that no all-rounder is ATG.

Naysayers can only bring up subjective points, never the objective.

Night_wolf
August 31, 2017, 03:24 AM
Shakib has reached his highest rating(489) so far in his playing career after the 1st test.

After the ranking system started only two guys had more rating than him..kallis(616) and Ashwin(493)

I really want shakib to cross the 500 point barrier..he might never catch kallis though

adamnsu
August 31, 2017, 03:45 AM
Shakib is not considered by many fans of other countries (especially sub continent ones) as a great all rounder because he is from Bangladesh, even Harsha Bhogle said it. These people are always trying to find some holes in the ICC rankings or what oppositon he is playing or playing locally etc etc.

I doubt some even know the true deifiniton of an all rounder.

TBH I dont care what those people say or think. He has and is doing amazing for his team and thats what counts. He is a player who has played all over the world and decision makers know his capability.

InshahAllah by the end of his career, I am sure he will leave with the respect and stats to prove that there will be few more ever like him :flag:

Night_wolf
August 31, 2017, 03:55 AM
fun fact: we have won 150th odi for shakib, tamim, mash and mushy :D

can we win the 50th test of shakib and tamim? well both of them are playing their 50th test in this match so the voodoo must be stronger!

as I said before the Voodoo with number 50 is strong!!!!

tiger1000
August 31, 2017, 08:54 AM
Shakib is not considered by many fans of other countries (especially sub continent ones) as a great all rounder because he is from Bangladesh, even Harsha Bhogle said it. These people are always trying to find some holes in the ICC rankings or what oppositon he is playing or playing locally etc etc.

I doubt some even know the true deifiniton of an all rounder.

TBH I dont care what those people say or think. He has and is doing amazing for his team and thats what counts. He is a player who has played all over the world and decision makers know his capability.

InshahAllah by the end of his career, I am sure he will leave with the respect and stats to prove that there will be few more ever like him :flag:

Kallis didn't get that much respect, so forget about Shakib, they used to compare Flintoff to Kallis

NoName
August 31, 2017, 10:32 AM
Kallis didn't get that much respect, so forget about Shakib, they used to compare Flintoff to Kallis

We have a clown here comparing Stokes to Imran and Kapil lmfao

tiger1000
September 1, 2017, 04:27 PM
We have a clown here comparing Stokes to Imran and Kapil lmfao

Trolls opinion don't count