PDA

View Full Version : HP Team England Tour, September 2017

Eshen
August 28, 2017, 02:05 PM
HP squad:
Nazmul Hossain Shanto (Captain), Zakir Hasan, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Abu Hider Rony, Ebadot Hossain, Imran Ali Enam, Shadman Islam, Syed Khalid Hossain, Tanbir Hayder Khan (Vice-Captain), Shuvashis Roy, Irfaan Shukkur, Yasir Ali Chowdhury, Saifuddin, Al-Amin, Mahedi Hasan, Jubair Hossain.

http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/08/bcb-names-hp-squad-for-england-tour/

Tour itinerary is as follows-

<table width="999"><tbody><tr> <td width="144">DATE</td> <td width="567">PROGRAMME</td> <td width="288">VENUE</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">05 Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Arrival in the UK and transfer to Nottingham</td> <td width="288">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">06 Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Training</td> <td width="288">TBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">07 Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Match vs Nottingham CCC 2nd XI/Academy – 50 overs</td> <td width="288">Lady Bay Cricket Ground, West Bridgford</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">08 Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Match vs Nottingham CCC 2nd XI/Academy – 50 overs</td> <td width="288">Lady Bay Cricket Ground, West Bridgford</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">09 Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Rest Day</td> <td width="288">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">10 Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Match vs Northants CCC 2nd XI/ Academy – 50 oversTransfer to Birmingham</td> <td width="288">Brixworth Cricket Club</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">11 Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Match vs Lancashire CCC 2nd XI – 50 overs</td> <td width="288">TBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">12 Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Match vs Warwickshire CCC 2nd XI – 50 overs</td> <td width="288">TBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">13. Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Rest Day</td> <td width="288">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">14. Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Match vs Worcestershire CCC 2nd XI/Academy – 50 overs</td> <td width="288">Wolverhampton Cricket Club</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">15. Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Match vs Warwickshire CCC 2nd XI – 50 overs</td> <td width="288">TBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">16. Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Rest Day</td> <td width="288">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">17 Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Match vs MCCYC – 50 overs</td> <td width="288">TBC</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="144">18 Sept. 17</td> <td width="567">Depart UK</td> <td width="288">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

MHRAM
August 28, 2017, 02:08 PM
Is this A team or HP team. If it's the latter than Shanto and Mosaddek Should not be there. They should be playing an A team series and the likes of Anamul Nafees Roy Taskin Sajib included
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Eshen
August 28, 2017, 02:17 PM
BCB seek to fill A-team void with High Performance unit (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/1115970.html)"Since we haven't been able to keep the Bangladesh A team active, we have instead ensured that our HP unit has been training properly and touring too," Akram said. "They have toured Australia last month and will go to England next month to play against county second XIs. We were in talks with New Zealand and Zimbabwe for A team tours but they aren't coming. Ireland A are supposed to come later this year."

The current HP squad includes eight international players. But some of the country's top domestic performers over the last three seasons -- Shahriar Nafees, Nasir Hossain, Tushar Imran - have been waiting for a higher standard of cricket to strengthen their push for spots in the senior team.

Despite plenty performing players in domestic cricket, the selectors aim to pick those with the technical and mental ability to tackle the higher levels in the A side. In the previous two years in Bangladesh though, there has been a substantial gap.

Eshen
August 28, 2017, 02:22 PM
Jubair hopes to survive despite Bangladesh's legspin snub (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/1117451.html)"I believe I have a lot of time left in my career," Jubair said. "I am in the HP team and I have done a lot of fitness work and bowling. I played only a handful of matches in the last few years but this problem is slightly solved in the HP. I have so far played quite a few matches where I have bowled in different situations. I am sure this is going to help me in the near future."

"I think my fitness is up to the mark. You must have seen how quick I was when I played for Bangladesh. I was never slow. But last year there was an issue with my skinfold test. I have certainly improved my fitness, and I want to keep this going."

He played only three matches for Mohammedan Sporting Club in last season's Dhaka Premier League, considered the most crucial testing ground for cricketers in Bangladesh. Mohammedan officials later regretted not playing him, but it was too late. The season was over, and Jubair was at risk of being forgotten for good.

But the HP selection came as a lifeline for Jubair who is now hoping to tour England next month, and court some demand from Dhaka Premier League clubs.

"I think I lack in certain areas. If I play well then everybody will pick me. If I don't perform, I will be dropped. It is natural. Probably I did not perform up to the mark. Now I am trying to work with several coaches in the HP team and correct those areas and get back to the national team," he said.

mufi_02
August 28, 2017, 02:41 PM
Tanveer Haider is the vice captain?

Okay I am outta here

Eshen
August 28, 2017, 03:53 PM
Little known Sylheti pacer Imran Ali has been picked for the tour.

CI Profile (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/933344.html)
FB Profile (https://www.facebook.com/people/Imran-Ali-Enam/100009109389971)

Anyone know anything more about him?

Tigers_eye
August 28, 2017, 03:59 PM
Nai mama'r chay kana-baba bhalo. :)

SportingBD
August 28, 2017, 04:05 PM
Little known Sylheti pacer Imran Ali has been picked for the tour.

CI Profile (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/933344.html)
FB Profile (https://www.facebook.com/people/Imran-Ali-Enam/100009109389971)

Anyone know anything more about him?

I think he is one of the Robi pacer hunter winner.

http://www.theindependentbd.com/home/printnews/39973

Remember watching a video when Ebadat won pacer hunter.
They mentioned about Imran, he won pacer swing category (had the most swing compared to others)

Eshen
August 28, 2017, 04:14 PM
I found the report - Ten pacers for HP camp finally picked (http://www.theindependentbd.com/printversion/details/37126)Besides them (Ebadat, Sultan, and Mujibur), Imran Ali Emon, Noor Alam Saddam, Yeasir Arafat Mishu, Syed Khaled Ahmed, SM Rahi Hasan Pranto, Shariful Islam and Sheikh Nazmul Hossain placed in the top 10 bowlersSylhet doing pretty well in producing some good pace prospects (Ebadat, Imran, Khaled).

BTW, it was Sultan Hossain who generated most amount of swing during the pacer hunt, not Imran Ali. I wonder what happened to him.

SportingBD
August 28, 2017, 04:18 PM
I think he is one of the Robi pacer hunter winner.

http://www.theindependentbd.com/home/printnews/39973

Remember watching a video when Ebadat won pacer hunter.
They mentioned about Imran, he won pacer swing category (had the most swing compared to others)

I found the report - Ten pacers for HP camp finally picked (http://www.theindependentbd.com/printversion/details/37126)Sylhet doing pretty well in producing some good pacer prospects (Ebadat, Imran, Khaled).

I see.

Sultan Hossain, who came from Sylhet, captured the title of the most swing (variation) bowler and the identical amount of prize money, crest and certificate.

It wasn't Imran who won the swing category, it was Sultan Hossain.

SportingBD
August 28, 2017, 04:25 PM
I found the report - Ten pacers for HP camp finally picked (http://www.theindependentbd.com/printversion/details/37126)Sylhet doing pretty well in producing some good pace prospects (Ebadat, Imran, Khaled).

BTW, it was Sultan Hossain who generated most amount of swing during the pacer hunt, not Imran Ali. I wonder what happened to him.

Hmm. With so many pacers coming from Sylhet, surely one of them need to break into national team. From what I heard, apparently Sylhet stadium is really good for pacers, could be one of the motivating factors for so many pacers coming through.

Eshen
August 28, 2017, 04:43 PM
Apparently, Imran and Khalid have been preferred over their more illustrious Sylheti teammates Abul Hasan and Abu Jayed, who are on the standby list!

http://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cricket/2017/08/28/bcb-hp-squad-named-uk-tour/

Those two must be damn good prospects!

MohammedC
August 31, 2017, 06:51 AM
VS Lancashire will be played in Blackpool. Could not find any news about Warwickshire and MCCYC (Most probably Uxbridge)

aklemalp
August 31, 2017, 08:46 AM
Where is Saif? And how did they decide to make Tanvir Haider vice captain?

MohammedC
August 31, 2017, 09:06 AM
Where is Saif? And how did they decide to make Tanvir Haider vice captain?

I see a Saif Uddin in the squad.

aklemalp
August 31, 2017, 09:10 AM
I see a Saif Uddin in the squad.

Hassan, I was implying.

MohammedC
August 31, 2017, 09:30 AM
Do you mean Mohammad Saifuddin played 2 T20i for Bangladesh. Who is highly rated and maybe one day will make the main team as fast bowling all-rounder.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/629070.html

or is there another Saif ?

aklemalp
August 31, 2017, 09:32 AM
Do you mean Mohammad Saifuddin played 2 T20i for Bangladesh. Who is highly rated and maybe one day will make the main team as fast bowling all-rounder.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/629070.html

or is there another Saif ?

No, Under-19 skipper Saif Hassan.

Oh, I see now that there's no Afif. I think these two are preparing for the Under-19 WC.

5tonne
August 31, 2017, 09:51 AM
HP tours can't be alternative to the A team tours. A team generally get to play against better opponents ie. opposition A team. In recent HP tour of Aus we have seen the opposition was below par teams put together overnight. In the upcoming UK tour I see HP's oppositions are mainly 2nd XI of county teams which is not good enough for me.

MohammedC
September 9, 2017, 08:51 AM
If the weather is ok, I will try going to one of the matches. Possibly one played in Blackpool against Lancashire 2nd XI.

Nocturnal
September 9, 2017, 02:49 PM
Anyone with a score?

I got this few days ago in PA:

Captain Nazmul Shanto scored a century in the first match vs NOTT
Match abandoned due to rain though

BD HP: 306/5 (50 ov)
NOTT: 195/6 (37 ov)

Shanto: 106 (124) - runout
Shadman: 84(110)
Saifuddin: 33(16)

Ebadat, Mehedi, Jubair - each got 2 wkts

PA Link (http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1316586/%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%9C%E0%A6%AE%E0%A7%81%E0%A 6%B2%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%9E%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%9A%E0%A 7%81%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BF)

Yankees
September 9, 2017, 02:58 PM
Who's NOTT? First class team or just academy?

Gowza
September 9, 2017, 08:29 PM
So did shanto score 2 centuries or 1?

I'd say the notts team was not its full strength team, they generally don't field their full strength team against HP squads plus county cricket is in process so they'd be saving the top players and preparing them for the county matches which they'd consider more important.

Gowza
September 9, 2017, 08:31 PM
If anyone finds anymore info on the scorecards it would be much appreciated, especially interested in the pacers performances.

Miraz
September 10, 2017, 05:06 AM
Gowza, here are the scorecards.

Tiger Manc
September 10, 2017, 05:49 AM
Back to back centuries for Shanto!

Gowza
September 10, 2017, 06:08 AM
Gowza, here are the scorecards.

Thanks a lot for the scorecards, much appreciated :)

Gowza
September 10, 2017, 06:14 AM
Great to see a couple tons from shanto, saifuddin also with a 4fer.

MHRAM
September 10, 2017, 07:33 AM
Shanto is ready for ODIs and tests. Saifuddin too is ready for LOIs as a bowling allrounder who can hit unlike Miraz

BD_TigerZ
September 10, 2017, 11:19 AM
Damn Shanto.. both Shanto and Saifuddin clear standouts. Jubair not doing too bad either definitely has potential. Saifuddin needs to be groomed could be a very good number 6 for us..can clear the boundary and bowl quick.

aklemalp
September 10, 2017, 11:22 AM
Hope Saifuddin doesn't become another Banglar Hulk

Gowza
September 10, 2017, 06:32 PM
Shanto scoring the tons at 3...he might be that no. 3 we've been looking for....

5tonne
September 10, 2017, 07:02 PM
Hope Saifuddin doesn't become another Banglar Hulk

Lol. Had to do little brainstorming to get that.

NoName
September 10, 2017, 07:46 PM
One thing that strikes out in regards to his second century where he scored 144, look at the # of boundaries. Not a lot but he maintained a ~100sr which shows he knows find the singles and rotate strike where as the others that have come into our team only rely on boundaries (ex. SS, Anamul, Sabbir).

tiger1000
September 11, 2017, 05:37 AM
Shanto scoring the tons at 3...he might be that no. 3 we've been looking for....

He looked real talented in NZ, knew when to leave the ball very well and naturally, ultimately looked out of his depth at that point, he's too good for these teams, we need A team tours, where fringe players play fringe players

MHRAM
September 11, 2017, 07:34 AM
Where are the A team tours.

What will happen to Nafees Anamul Hom Jubair Al Amin Naeem - the ones who are fringe players

Mosa Shanto and Saifuddin are A team players. They need to play quality sides not the 2nd 11 of county sides

nsd3
September 13, 2017, 09:13 AM
Third match was abandoned due to rain.

Saifuddin Ahmed is doing good with the ball consistently .....

Northamptonshire Academy : 262 in 49.2 overs (Home 91, Claydon 51, A. King 32; Ahmed 3/31, Jubair 2/41, Abu Hider 2/43)

BCB HP : 102/4 in 21.4 overs (Zakir 50, Tanbir 15*, Maruf 12; Claydon 2/14)

Result : Match abandoned.

al Furqaan
September 13, 2017, 03:05 PM
Jubair seems to be doing decent also.

Eshen
September 16, 2017, 07:31 AM
Shanto continuing with his good form, scored 87 against Warwickshire 2nd XI. He should be taken to SA for the ODI series.

Good job on the bowlers for defending a low total of 200.

https://warwickshireccc.com/news/report-warwickshire-2nd-xi-v-bangladesh-academy-friendly-2017/

5tonne
September 16, 2017, 07:57 AM
Are 2nd XIs of county sides are stronger than our HP XI?

tiger1000
September 16, 2017, 08:05 AM
Are 2nd XIs of county sides are stronger than our HP XI?

Second XI county cricket quality is very low

5tonne
September 16, 2017, 10:30 AM
Second XI county cricket quality is very low

Exactly. Lately BCB has been pretending to be doing their job by just sending A team overseas regardless of the strength of the opposition. Just waste of money. How hard is it to organise play offs against other A teams or full strength state/county sides in their pre- season? If BCB could do it before with less money and power why can't they do it now? It gives us wrong impression about a player's capability. Some of these players will get chance to play in the national team with their inflated stats and we fans will crucify them when they won't be able to replicate their performances for the national team. I would rather see them play against national teams of top ranked associate nations.

Eshen
September 16, 2017, 05:49 PM
First loss for the HP team on the tour: https://warwickshireccc.com/news/report-warwickshire-2nd-xi-v-bangladesh-academy-brant-green-c-c/

Warwickshire 2nd XI 332-8 (47.0 overs) (Revised targe334)
Bangladesh Academy 183 all out (35.1 overs)

Shanto highest scored 57, Saifuddin 45, not much contribution from others.

Gowza
September 16, 2017, 06:11 PM
Well the problem is the HP tag, they're not going to get good competition with the HP tag, but it's essentially the Bangladesh A team so there needs to be decent competition.

BD_TigerZ
September 17, 2017, 10:18 AM
Shanto and Saifuddin head and shoulders above the rest..

Gowza
September 17, 2017, 07:05 PM

Hopefully they get their opportunities for higher honours soon whilst they are in form. Liton was in a situation where he got his chance once he lost form and his career still hasn't recovered. Liton is young so it may not seem like a big deal but let's say he got chances whilst inform, then scored some runs, his development could be further ahead of where he currently is, he could possibly have been an integral part of the team by now but he's still on the fringe. Don't want that happening to these guys.

Fazal
September 18, 2017, 01:45 PM

BCB unofficially already tagged them as such. These are two young players that Papon mentioned that are ready for national team call. Within a year we will see them in national team.

Gowza
September 19, 2017, 12:40 AM
BCB unofficially already tagged them as such. These are two young players that Papon mentioned that are ready for national team call. Within a year we will see them in national team.

Hopefully rony gets some opportunities in the national team to.

They need to do something about ebadat though, really good prospect but he's 23 and barely played, need to get him some matches and fast otherwise he'll be a lost prospect for the national team.

Saifuddin is a very exciting pace bowling allrounder prospect, we've been looking for one, here he is.

Shanto is possibly the national teams answer for the no.3 slot. What I like about shanto is that he plays big innings even though he is young and he's scored in different and difficult conditions and his consistency is pretty good to, seems to have improved a lot in the last year and he was already a great prospect before that.

Fazal
September 19, 2017, 02:13 PM
Hopefully rony gets some opportunities in the national team to.

So far I saw Rony, I really liked him. He is kind of a wicket taker. He will take wicket one way or another.

jeesh
September 19, 2017, 10:23 PM
Chance fame had gotten to Rony. Was very good in his debut BPL. What helped him pick wickets was raw aggression, pitching ball up, quick.

Didnt show any of that in the next edition, was very average.

He ll have en excellent coach in Ramanayake to sort his bowling out. Hopefully he can get back to some form this BPL.

Eshen
September 20, 2017, 07:58 AM
We played good Cricket as a team: Shanto (http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/09/we-played-good-cricket-as-a-team-shanto/)Shanto told about his experience in England and about the team’s effort: “We played well in every game. It was very difficult to play in such conditions. It was very cold out there. We adapted to the condition quite well. The ball had both swing and bounce. I batted according to the situation. I enjoyed my batting. I didn’t care about the wicket or condition, I batted according to my mindset.”

When asked if he enjoyed his captaincy, the left hand batsman said: “I was the captain of the side when we played three matches against the Under-19 team, so I had little experience. That experience worked well in the England tour. I enjoyed playing the role of a captain.”

Shanto appreciated his team-mates performances and had all to praise for the spinner Mehedi Hasan: “Sadman, Jakir, Al-Amin, they all batted beautifully. Off spinner Mehedi Hasan bowled well along with the seamers. We played good cricket as a team.”