PDA

View Full Version : Tamim fined 15% match fee

Tigers_eye
August 31, 2017, 01:20 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20517144/tamim-iqbal-picks-demerit-point-mirpur-misconduct
Chagol. Haven't learned how to avoid sanctions like the Aussies.

Gets a demerit point in the process. :( His total is 2. 2 more then a suspension will follow.

Sledging is an art. Kisu shik. Know your boundaries and whom to argue with.

"debated continuously with the umpires :facepalm: while the Australian batsmen were changing their gloves regularly. Shortly thereafter, he approached Matthew Wade and gestured towards him to leave the field upon his dismissal".

Tigers_eye
August 31, 2017, 01:23 PM
How to spoil a beautiful milestone game of his own. On top of it, a point added to demerit tally. Jottoshob.

aklemalp
August 31, 2017, 01:39 PM
He could have danced along like Shakib instead.

But Tamim will always be Tamim.

roman
August 31, 2017, 03:13 PM
Tamim should let guys like Sarker Shabbir take charge of sledging from now. But sledging must go on :D

Should not have argued with the umpires. Thats a big No

Yankees
August 31, 2017, 03:45 PM
Everyone relax. He will still need to get 2 more demerit points within 24 months of his March offense. We don't play enough for him to do that.

On the off chance that it does happen, he will either get banned for 1 test, or 2 ODIs or T20s. It's really not that big of a deal. I would rather he continues to sledge.

godzilla
August 31, 2017, 04:19 PM
Everyone relax. He will still need to get 2 more demerit points within 24 months of his March offense. We don't play enough for him to do that.

On the off chance that it does happen, he will either get banned for 1 test, or 2 ODIs or T20s. It's really not that big of a deal. I would rather he continues to sledge.

Some teams only plays 1 test with us. Most plays 3 Odis and 1-2 t20. That's like missing a huge portion of a series. Continue sledging but be smart about it.

Habib
August 31, 2017, 04:39 PM
No big deal. Move on.

NoName
August 31, 2017, 07:15 PM
I thought it was funny, Aussies can get really nasty.

I mean whenever non English/Aussie players sledge or say anything vulgar they get slapped with outrageous fines etc while the Eng/Aus players get away.

Take a look at Stokes, they're thinking of doing away with fines for vulgar words because of him lol

Tigers_eye
September 1, 2017, 04:10 PM
I thought it was funny, Aussies can get really nasty.

I mean whenever non English/Aussie players sledge or say anything vulgar they get slapped with outrageous fines etc while the Eng/Aus players get away.

Take a look at Stokes, they're thinking of doing away with fines for vulgar words because of him lolThe key is you don't argue with the refs if they are doing their job or not. That is a no no. No Aussie player in current lot would do that multiple times. Only Ricky Ponting use to do that and get away cause they had one Aussie umpire at home games and desi wuss umpires in away games.

I didn't ask him not to sledge. Know the rules, play in side the lines and sledge as much as you can. Show wade the way to go but look at the crowd and do it not at the player. Then you defend yourself in the hearing like the Aussies and English (Board - Anderson etc.)

kalpurush
September 2, 2017, 12:10 AM

TI is still a kid! Sending off Wade was not needed at all. I have watched the event and wasn't tasty at all!!