PDA

View Full Version : Rohingya Muslims in Burma

SportingBD
September 2, 2017, 01:55 PM
It's time we send in the troops and liberated the persecuted and forgotten people of Rohingya. If this report by the Bangkok based human rights watch group is right about the current plight of the Muslims in Rakhine state of Burma then in my opinion time for diplomacy is over. I believe the Muslim majority countries of the world should create a grand coalition against the Burmese military junta and teach the butchers a decisive lessons.

Taken from FB: Ajmal Masroor
https://www.facebook.com/ajmal.masroor.7/posts/10155673984454439

What do you guys think? about the horrific attacks and call for action to be taken?

NoName
September 2, 2017, 11:10 PM
Seems like another Facebook warrior

DinRaat.
September 2, 2017, 11:17 PM
Send our submarines close to Burmese waters, that should make them **** their pants, they have been screwing the Bangladeshi government for years.

Yankees
September 3, 2017, 12:44 AM
Seems like another Facebook warrior

lol exactly what I was thinking

SportingBD
September 3, 2017, 04:00 AM
Myanmar army 'beheading children and burning people alive' according to eyewitnesses

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/02/rohingya-minority-beheaded-burned-alive-burma-army/#

bujhee kom
September 3, 2017, 06:46 AM
Absolutely garbage by same random 'facebook' guy....All big talks in facepalm, what is Manzoor himself doing for the Rohingyas other than asking for more bloodshed...yeah, Islamic coalition attack...biggest bullshit....

First: Manzoor is not going to go and fight...He will be sitting on his couch sating chips and watching NTV and writing more on facepalm/book and criticizing and big mouthing how the war should be managed.
Second: Burma has decent support from some large powers. Although, it is complex. But China is big support for Myanmar.
Third: Islamic countries do NOT have an undivided coalition/alliance.

What should be done is a certain few countries, lead by Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei should create collective, organized massive, relentless political diplomatic campaign against Myanmar and it's Government. They should get India's support first and foremost. Then get Pakistan on board. And right after that the Bangladesh and team should anything and everything needed to convince the oil rich Middle-Eastern and north African Monarch nation (mainly Saudi Arabia) to create 'massive fund' to for a massive political/diplomatic and complete blocking of trade campaign against Myanmar with the intention to totally cripple it's economy. And a large chunk of that fund should be given to Bangladesh for supporting the Rohynga refugees in BD (even if BD mismanage parts of that money and corruption takes a bite...that will happen no matter what).

And also simultaneously keep begging China to create pressure on Myanmar, lobby massively to further strengthen U.S. and western European policy to act against/economic/trade sanction against Myanmar and bring other western European countries in this group of cut ties/isolate/sanction imposing countries against Myanmar like Denmark did.

But Military attack? NO...that does not happen...it is NOT that easy...like we imagine sitting on a couch, and it will happen.

Again I am also here talking big just like Manzoor...what am I really doing for the suffering people of Burma?

But SportingBD's intention his point on this atrocities against the Rohynga people should be officially labelled as systematic and state sponsored 'Genocide'.

Myanmar government is a savage and total 'axis of evil' organization. Aung San Suu Kyi is a genuine scumbag!

SportingBD
September 3, 2017, 09:57 AM
Nobel laureates warn Aung San Suu Kyi over 'ethnic cleansing' of Rohingya

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/30/nobel-laureates-aung-san-suu-kyi-ethnic-cleansing-rohingya?CMP=share_btn_tw

bujhee kom
September 3, 2017, 10:08 AM
^^^Thank you for that link, SportingBD. That's what I am talking about.
Aung San Suu Kyi -a Nobel peace prize winner...what a joke...Peace for only her(non-Rohynga) people, not for all human beings...

NoName
September 3, 2017, 02:23 PM
Her Nobel Price should be revoked tbh, maybe then will she do something.

Anyways she claims Rohingyas were originally Bengalis/BDeshis hence shouldn't even be in Myannmar, anyone knowledgeable on this topic comment on if she is right or not?

ReZ_1
September 3, 2017, 03:03 PM
Indonesian foreign minister coming to burma and then Bangladesh.. hope the talks will ease the situation

Yankees
September 3, 2017, 03:12 PM
^^^Thank you for that link, SportingBD. That's what I am talking about.
Aung San Suu Kyi -a Nobel peace prize winner...what a joke...Peace for only her(non-Rohynga) people, not for all human beings...

Obama was also a Nobel peace prize winner, which was also a joke. They just don't have the same value they once did. It's like they have to give the Peace Prize to someone every year, even if there isn't a worthy candidate. I would rather they came out and said no one deserves it this year.

Yankees
September 3, 2017, 03:15 PM

Anyways she claims Rohingyas were originally Bengalis/BDeshis hence shouldn't even be in Myannmar, anyone knowledgeable on this topic comment on if she is right or not?

They've been there for centuries, which is the saddest thing about all this. If a family has been living in their home for hundreds of years, would you call that a temporary residence?

bujhee kom
September 3, 2017, 03:28 PM
Obama was also a Nobel peace prize winner, which was also a joke. They just don't have the same value they once did. It's like they have to give the Peace Prize to someone every year, even if there isn't a worthy candidate. I would rather they came out and said no one deserves it this year.

Nobel has ZERO value...It's a joke!
Years ago, someone here in BC criticized Aung San Suu Kyi and said that she did not deserve the Nobel Peace prize, because she did nothing for peace...And I remember lashing out at him, to that BC member bhai. I can not remember who it was, I think it could have been either 'Alien' bhai or brother 'Goru'. But that member never argued with me in response, simply out of his incredible sense of modesty and decency.

I look back and I have genuine regret that I said whatever I said to that BC bhai. I did not foresee what Aung San Suu Kyi would do in future and I did not see through her spineless, hypocritical, selfish, power hungry and zero conscience soul. That BC member brother was smart and truly intelligent and he knew what he was talking about. I am sorry I shouted at him out of my ignorance.

adamnsu
September 3, 2017, 03:56 PM
Sad times. Hope these poor people get some relief

Feni_Heni
September 4, 2017, 07:31 AM
Indonesian foreign minister coming to burma and then Bangladesh.. hope the talks will ease the situation

It'll ease tensions until the next time.

In the meantime, Bangladesh in a week gained an extra 100,000 people. People like the 500,000 that came before them will never leave.

None of this is an accident. This is a deliberate tactic by the Burmese authorities. Kill a few and let thousands run to Bangladesh for refuge. Then, deny these people a right to return.

The worst thing that can happen is an easing of the situation - this needs to get ramped up, so that the world for once actually pays attention to it.

brockley
September 4, 2017, 05:37 PM
Hope we take some Rohinyas like we took Syrians,its definitely the problem of our times.

Jadukor
September 4, 2017, 07:11 PM
The North Korean crisis and Trump Administration makes it the worst time for Bangladesh to deal with this issue through international support. Ideally the EU and the US needs to put pressure on Myanmar but right now Trump administration has a lot on it's plate with Harvey and North Korea. We can probably expect a customary condemnation from the ambassador and UN agencies

At the sub regional level, things are unlikely to be any better for us since the ASEAN countries hardly meddle in each other's internal affairs and enjoy very close cooperation of security forces. I saw a very muted response in the news and in the recent visit of top Myanmar military officials to Thailand. The talks seemed to have been on stopping islamists building base in Myanmar. I dont think anything can be expected from these southeast asian countries especially when the they are all trying to spin this as " bengali muslim terrorist threat".

The two regional super powers wont do anything for us either as historically China and Myanmar have had very strong relations and as India wants to expand its businesses with Myanmar. We will have to see what Modi says on the issue.

We are definitely without any support in this and that is why Myanmar government is able to carry out such atrocity without fear. It is a vicious but quite an effective tactic they are employing by first staging a minor skirmish and then using that as an excuse to drive out 10s of thousands rohingyas to Bangladesh each time.

ReZ_1
September 5, 2017, 12:39 AM
So what should we do with these hundred thoushads Rohingya people who will eventually diffuse into the country from the border. We can`t guard them for years in the border and we can`t also expect that Burma will take them. At best they might stop genocide and let the remaining people settle there.

So I am curious to think what could be the source of income for these huge population of Rohingya in our country? What they will do? We all know how in past many Rohingay made false passport from BD and flew to foreign countries for work and made our country proud!! :facepalm: They don't have the least patriotism which is expected and that could be very heavy for us in the future...

NoName
September 6, 2017, 08:13 AM
Who saw our PMs cringe worthy interview in regards to the above Rohingya

Vahroone
September 6, 2017, 09:47 AM
What should be done is a certain few countries, lead by Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei should create collective, organized massive, relentless political diplomatic campaign against Myanmar and it's Government. They should get India's support first and foremost. Then get Pakistan on board. And right after that the Bangladesh and team should anything and everything needed to convince the oil rich Middle-Eastern and north African Monarch nation (mainly Saudi Arabia) to create 'massive fund' to for a massive political/diplomatic and complete blocking of trade campaign against Myanmar with the intention to totally cripple it's economy.

Us and Pakistan on the same team? Can't wait! :lol:

Feni_Heni
September 6, 2017, 11:17 AM
Who saw our PMs cringe worthy interview in regards to the above Rohingya

Which one? The Al Jazeera clip from 5 years ago being spread around now again?

ReZ_1
September 6, 2017, 11:19 AM

:up:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/05/rohingya-aung-san-suu-kyi-nobel-peace-prize-rohingya-myanmar?CMP=soc_567

Feni_Heni
September 6, 2017, 11:26 AM
:up:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/05/rohingya-aung-san-suu-kyi-nobel-peace-prize-rohingya-myanmar?CMP=soc_567
Yawn.

What needs to happen is for Bangladesh to move the army to the border and close down our borders COMPLETELY. When these oppressed Rohingya have nowhere to go - only then will the international community step in.

Otherwise, this process of letting them in is ruinous for Bangladesh. Every 6 months the Burmese will start something and push out another 100000-150000.

The Rohingya population in Burma atm stands at 1.1mil to 1.3mil. In Bangladesh is is 500,000 + 125000 we've taken in this week or so. Keep this up, there will be more in Bangladesh than in Burma.

I can imagine in 10-15 years these Rohingya getting into strife with our tribals, who will become an ever bigger minority in lands that is historically theirs. Of course the Burmese will help the Tribals, as they have in the past...where will all the bleeding hearts go then????

SportingBD
September 6, 2017, 05:37 PM
Why Bangladesh taking so many Rohinga people???
Why not militarise them? Let them defend themselves! Let them fight for their own right and land!

God willing Victory will come to them!
Let them return to their country! Train them up and send them back to conquer their land back!

They must learn to defend themselves! And others should help them defend themselves!
Give them everything they need to defend them!

Yankees
September 6, 2017, 06:20 PM
Yawn.

What needs to happen is for Bangladesh to move the army to the border and close down our borders COMPLETELY. When these oppressed Rohingya have nowhere to go - only then will the international community step in.

Otherwise, this process of letting them in is ruinous for Bangladesh. Every 6 months the Burmese will start something and push out another 100000-150000.

The Rohingya population in Burma atm stands at 1.1mil to 1.3mil. In Bangladesh is is 500,000 + 125000 we've taken in this week or so. Keep this up, there will be more in Bangladesh than in Burma.

I can imagine in 10-15 years these Rohingya getting into strife with our tribals, who will become an ever bigger minority in lands that is historically theirs. Of course the Burmese will help the Tribals, as they have in the past...where will all the bleeding hearts go then????

Good point. We only care about other muslims, whether in Burma or Palestine. Most Bangladeshis don't know or care about the plight of our own indigenous communities.

Yankees
September 6, 2017, 06:21 PM
Why Bangladesh taking so many Rohinga people???
Why not militarise them? Let them defend themselves! Let them fight for their own right and land!

God willing Victory will come to them!
Let them return to their country! Train them up and send them back to conquer their land back!

They must learn to defend themselves! And others should help them defend themselves!
Give them everything they need to defend them!

If we militarize them, I think it will be seen as an act of war.

DinRaat.
September 6, 2017, 06:30 PM
T.B.H the threat of Nuclear war is a bit more important on the minds of politicians around the west.

DinRaat.
September 6, 2017, 06:37 PM
Myanmar is ranked higher than Ban in the Global fire power ratings by almost 20 ranks.

We would get pummelled if a border war breaks out.

samjad
September 7, 2017, 01:31 PM
Seems some Burmies spreading lies on twitter.. even on the page of Jonathan Head, BBC reporter who is in Rakhaine and witnessing first hand..

https://twitter.com/pakhead

Shingara
September 7, 2017, 04:27 PM
I am afraid we need to take some sort of military action. Kutnitik approaches are falling on deaf ears.
I respect Erdogan for saying he will send a warship!

Shingara
September 7, 2017, 04:36 PM
Myanmar is ranked higher than Ban in the Global fire power ratings by almost 20 ranks.

We would get pummelled if a border war breaks out.

Burmese air force
31 X MIG29
45 X Chinese Mig knock-offs

Our air force
8 x MIG29
37 X Chinese Mig knock-offs

Lack of defense investment by previous govts have seen our defence being vey weak!

SportingBD
September 7, 2017, 05:29 PM
^it was wrong to let them enter our country first. Now they will use that reason to call us many things! Now they will spread false things like we're the home to bla bla!!!

The rule should have been simple. Keep any elderly men, keep women's and children! And let those youth ones, the men's go back! They need to defend themselves not flee!!!

But it maybe too late now! I just hope we don't end up in some kind of big fight against that country!

DinRaat.
September 7, 2017, 07:56 PM
Burmese air force
31 X MIG29

Our air force
8 x MIG29

Lack of defense investment by previous govts have seen our defence being vey weak!

BD, military takes part in routine exercises with the UN, we are more trained, as we have participated in a lot of conflicts.

BengaliPagol
September 8, 2017, 03:21 AM
Can someone with proper knowledge abt the Burmese-Rohingya conflict tell me more about it. Burmese people claim that the Rohingyas do not belong to Burma. Obviously it doesn't justify any of the atrocities that they are doing but i wanna clarify if this is true or not. The other claim is that Rohingyas in turn have killed innocent Burmese people.

DinRaat.
September 8, 2017, 03:22 AM
It should be that those able men fight for their right and land, not flee!!! How many more thousands will come? When will it stop? Keep all the women, children and elderly men, and send the others back! Train them and let them go and get back the rightly land! Let them defend their place of birth.

As has been said before, if we arm them it is considered an act of war. The last thing we need is a war, we struggle to feed majority of the poor in the country as it is.

Feni_Heni
September 8, 2017, 03:29 AM
we struggle to feed majority of the country as it is.

This type of outdated generic put down has ZERO grounding in reality. Bangladesh is a poor country and it will remain a poor country for a while yet...but, we DO NOT struggle to feed the majority of the country.

DinRaat.
September 8, 2017, 03:34 AM
This type of outdated generic put down has ZERO grounding in reality. Bangladesh is a poor country and it will remain a poor country for a while yet...but, we DO NOT struggle to feed the majority of the country.

I didn`t mean it in and offensive way, even though it may sound like it. I just meant that their are many impoverished people in the nation, and it is better to focus on them instead of being the catalyst for another war.

Yankees
September 8, 2017, 12:37 PM
For those of you saying we should arm the Rohingyas. I will repeat that this would be seen by Burma and the international community as an act of War.

Unless we are actually prepared for armed conflict, this is absolutely not a solution.

Zeeshan
September 8, 2017, 12:49 PM
On topic, it does disturb me how many "Buddhists" Burmese are trying to distort the issue and sweeping it under the rug. They really act like scum of the universe. We shouldn't by no means deny the injustice that happens in our daily lives be it in Myanmar or Syria.

In the same given context, I echo whole heartedly with Yankee and Feni Heni. For instance, many expatriates living in US don't give a hoot about the damage inflicted by Harvey and Irma. In Islam it is said to give zakat to those in need. How many Bangladeshi-Americans really do give money to homeless person standing in front of 7-11? They are always justifying it with some bs like 'oh they will spend it on alcohol'. What they do with their money is none of your business. The whole point of zakat is to give help to people in immediate need.

This grossly takes us off topic. My point being, one doesn't need to cross seven seas to help people. Just do your best to help people near you. A true humanitarian wouldn't wait for the 'right cause' to cherry pick their "cause" to see if they really need it. Ultimately it is not a case of Muslim or Buddhists, but a humanitarian issue.

And as I mentioned with the opening, the level of injustice of Burmese Buddhists to distort the view really boils my mind. We are in 21st frikkin century yet propagandists and people in power always have their share of unfair grip be it in Syria, Palestine or Burma.

kalpurush
September 8, 2017, 03:38 PM
Burmese air force
31 X MIG29

Our air force
8 x MIG29

WTF! We can't even feed our people three times a day, failed to ensure education for all, lack of basic accommodations, infrastructures etc and you want to increase defense investments? Really?

Warmonger. :facepalm:

Shingara
September 8, 2017, 04:39 PM
WTF! We can't even feed our people three times a day, failed to ensure education for all, lack of basic accommodations, infrastructures etc and you want to increase defense investments? Really?

Warmonger. :facepalm:

Defense investments for poor countries like us need to done slowly. Sadly, nothing was done! Our Air force is a joke. Even African countries poorer than us have better military power.

Eida boilen na jey manush na kheye tahkey ajkal. Ajkal deshey shob goribrai khaitey pay. Oi kaler Bangladesh ekhon ar nai.

Jadukor
September 8, 2017, 07:40 PM
America akta dhomok marlei hoito. Shoja hoiye jaito. Keu amader shahajjo kortesena

DinRaat.
September 8, 2017, 08:09 PM
Defense investments for poor countries like us need to done slowly. Sadly, nothing was done! Our Air force is a joke. Even African countries poorer than us have better military power.

Eida boilen na jey manush na kheye tahkey ajkal. Ajkal deshey shob goribrai khaitey pay. Oi kaler Bangladesh ekhon ar nai.

You realise, how behind we are in terms of military expenditure when we are ranked below Angola in the PwrIndex.

NoName
September 8, 2017, 08:17 PM
Quality over Quantity.

Who's to say our military isn't better trained? Not like they sit on their butts, they're always off on Peace Keeping Missions.

DinRaat.
September 8, 2017, 08:22 PM
Quality over Quantity.

Who's to say our military isn't better trained? Not like they sit on their butts, they're always off on Peace Keeping Missions.

That is true, it's is useless to have good equipment if your army is not trained.

Yankees
September 8, 2017, 11:39 PM

Here's a better question: why do we need to investment in having a better military? Our country hasnt been in war since independence. The country that completely surrounds us is an Allie and a friend. Bangladesh doesn't have an issue with Myanmar officially and vice versa. The issue is with refugees.

Some of you might say, what if India attacks? Well, there would be no way to out gun India even if we invest in our military. But in todays world with current geo politics, here's the scenarios:
If India attacks, China will get involved.
If China attacks, India/US will get involved.
If US attacks... well the US won't attack because we have no oil.

Spending money on military is pointless. Invest it on infrastructure.

Jadukor
September 9, 2017, 12:31 AM
Here's a better question: why do we need to investment in having a better military? Our country hasnt been in war since independence. The country that completely surrounds us is an Allie and a friend. Bangladesh doesn't have an issue with Myanmar officially and vice versa. The issue is with refugees.

Some of you might say, what if India attacks? Well, there would be no way to out gun India even if we invest in our military. But in todays world with current geo politics, here's the scenarios:
If India attacks, China will get involved.
If China attacks, India/US will get involved.
If US attacks... well the US won't attack because we have no oil.

Spending money on military is pointless. Invest it on infrastructure.

Exactly. I would invest that money in coast guard, border guard and most importantly modernizing police force.

Shingara
September 9, 2017, 03:26 PM
Listen, if I have a bat, then my neighbourhood kids won't come to hit me with their bats as they know I have a bat as well. But, if I have a spoon, they will always be on the lookout for me as I am an easy target.

iDumb
September 10, 2017, 12:05 AM
Exactly. I would invest that money in coast guard, border guard and most importantly modernizing police force.

This. I think we need to spend and focus our attention to intelligence. More than
?foreign invasion, Bangladesh is more under threat from international and domestic radical Islamic groups...

I think modernizing/militerizing police force along with implementing technologies for good intel in fight against this dark force is what needed for the country....

It is in line with how Bangladesh got its independence. Fight to save the identity of Bengali first and a moderate muslim nation.

iDumb
September 10, 2017, 12:19 AM
Good point. We only care about other muslims, whether in Burma or Palestine. Most Bangladeshis don't know or care about the plight of our own indigenous communities.

while I like many of your posts as they are sensible but i think this notion is wrong about most Bangladeshis. And many of your thoughts on Bangaldeshis in general. Or it could be both of us have vastly different family and friend circle.

I personally don't give a damn about anyone's religion when evaluating a crisis from moral pov. And in my life, I have noticed the "bond of Bangladeshis" is far greater than any other bond - ie being muslim. Just look at our encounter with paks. There.

I really don't think Bangladeshis in general care much for Burma or Palestinian muslims... Unfortunately Rhohingyas became our problem.

Bangaldesh needs stronger border.... is it possible to build a wall?

Eclipse
September 10, 2017, 06:15 PM
America akta dhomok marlei hoito. Shoja hoiye jaito. Keu amader shahajjo kortesena

They have the backing of China, India and Pakistan.

Myanmar wouldn't have dared to carry our such a genocide against Rohingyas if they didn't have the backing of superpowers like China or India.

Eclipse
September 10, 2017, 06:23 PM
Bangladesh is in a tricky situation right now. If it tries to arm the Rohingya separatists it will be considered as an act of war by Myanmar and they might wage an war against us. It's needless to say that as far as military power is concerned we r no match for Myanmar. They will just crush us

Especially if we consider the fact that both India and China will remain neutral or probably support Myanmar if a war really breaks out between Bangladesh and Myanmar.

Eclipse
September 10, 2017, 06:48 PM
We can do only two things right now.

1. First option is Giving citizenship to all the Rohingya refugees and helping them as much as possible to integrate into our society.

Problem is it will encourage the Myanmar army even more and they will carry out similar atrocity in future and will continue to do so until they push the last Rohingya to Bangladesh.

2. Second option is closing all of our borders with Myanmar, push all the Rohingyas back to Myanmar and watch them getting slaughtered and burned alive from this side of the border.

Looks like for now Bangladesh is thinking about the second option. Not so sure what should I actually make out of it. It's a cowardice and inhumane act, that's for sure.

DinRaat.
September 10, 2017, 07:50 PM
USA, will support BD if an war breaks out, but it not be much use, as they are already concerned with the crisis in the Korean Peninsula

NoName
September 10, 2017, 08:01 PM
US and India will support the opposite of whomever China supports

adamnsu
September 11, 2017, 02:19 AM
I doubt full out war will break out although many innocent poor lives will be lost.

I think apart from India all of Bangladesh's economic partners like China or USA will not want a war despite what they say in the papers.

DinRaat.
September 11, 2017, 02:37 AM
I doubt full out war will break out although many innocent poor lives will be lost.

I think apart from India all of Bangladesh's economic partners like China or USA will not want a war despite what they say in the papers.

What papers?, all these notions of between the two nations are from armchair politician who post clickbait titles on youtube.

Eclipse
September 11, 2017, 03:20 AM

LOL, what? Why would India want a war between Bangladesh and Myanmar? What would India gain from an unstable Bangladesh especially when Al is in power of Bangladesh who r pretty much pro Indian.

It's exactly the opposite. An unstable Bangladesh will harm India in so many ways and India definitely don't want it and never will.

Eclipse
September 11, 2017, 03:38 AM
US and India will support the opposite of whomever China supports

Not always. India and China r on the same page regarding Myanmar. China has its port in Myanmar which is obviously quite important to them along with other important infrastructures that they have in Myanmar.

As for India, well, they certainly don't want to allow China to enjoy a full control over Myanmar. Besides this Myanmar is the only route through which India can get to east. Myanmar is considered as an important ally by India for many reasons and they have invested billions in Myanmar.

DinRaat.
September 11, 2017, 03:52 AM
As much as the headlines it is making, the wider world at the moment will not care a tiny bit about the urgency in Myanmar. The threat of Nuclear war between NK, SK, Japan and the USA is too large a threat. Let the NK tensions calm, then we might see some dialogue.

adamnsu
September 11, 2017, 04:05 AM
LOL, what? Why would India want a war between Bangladesh and Myanmar? What would India gain from an unstable Bangladesh especially when Al is in power of Bangladesh who r pretty much pro Indian.

It's exactly the opposite. An unstable Bangladesh will harm India in so many ways and India definitely don't want it and never will.

Why am I not surprised that this might be a "LOL" matter for you.

Here is what India gain from a war: Both Bangladesh and Burma army get weaker during the period. And we know what the trigger happy BSF get upto near Bangladesh' border. I am sure you turn a blind eye to that as I doubt they publish such things on the

War means India can take further economic opportunity from Bangladesh's losses.

Anyways I dont want to debate such issues with an Indian.

Eclipse
September 11, 2017, 04:51 AM
Why am I not surprised that this might be a "LOL" matter for you.

Here is what India gain from a war: Both Bangladesh and Burma army get weaker during the period. And we know what the trigger happy BSF get upto near Bangladesh' border. I am sure you turn a blind eye to that as I doubt they publish such things on the

War means India can take further economic opportunity from Bangladesh's losses.

Anyways I dont want to debate such issues with an Indian.

I m not Indian Bro :)

See, I never take sides. I just state what I believe is true. U r obviously entitled to disagree with me.

As I said previously India will never wish for an unstable Bangladesh for its very own security purpose. If Bangladesh somehow becomes unstable it will badly hurt India for obvious reasons.

The security of northwest part of Eastern India greatly depends upon Bangladesh. If Bangladesh somehow becomes unstable and different insurgent groups start taking refuge here then it will pose a huge security threat to India. India will never want that.

Also, Let's not forget that if anything happens to Bangladesh it will become a safe haven for different Islamic terrorist groups and we all know who or what will be their first target. India will never allow such things to happen.

A prosperous, stable Bangladesh will benefit India and they know it. They will never do things that might make BD unsettled for their very own benefit.

DinRaat.
September 11, 2017, 06:20 AM
Adamnsu and Eclipse

Settle your differences, the australian way

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8kuoFGgj8s

Eclipse
September 11, 2017, 07:45 AM
As much as the headlines it is making, the wider world at the moment will not care a tiny bit about the urgency in Myanmar. The threat of Nuclear war between NK, SK, Japan and the USA is too large a threat. Let the NK tensions calm, then we might see some dialogue.

Indeed. Myanmar has recently become an important player in world politics. It has already managed to gain support from two of the world's superpowers, it has a nobel laureate as its leader and most importantly its believed that it also has its own nuclear bomb.

Compared to them Bangladesh is almost a nobody in the world.

Half of the world doesn't even know that a country named Bangladesh exists. The world doesn't have time for this. Malaysian airline got lost, a few hundreds whites died and world's leaders were acting as if they were ready to spend half of their annual budget to find a single drowned plane.

Here thousands of humans r getting butcherd everyday but the world leaders haven't even bothered to put a sanction over Myanmar. Nobody cares if a few hundred thousand black, impoverished and malnourished Muslims die.

SportingBD
September 11, 2017, 08:31 AM
So now it's hitting the main stream news media!

Rohingya crisis: UN sees 'ethnic cleansing' in Myanmar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-41224108

Feni_Heni
September 11, 2017, 08:43 AM

There is no threat of war let alone nuclear war between the countries mentioned. Just because the idiot media and imbeciles on social media have a hard on for war, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Iran is more likely to get bombed than North Korea. The North Korean regime are scum - but, they're the perfect of why so many 'despots' want Nukes - they guarantee your survival. If Gaddafi and Saddam had nukes - they wouldn't be dead today.

The reason the media doesn't give a damn about the Rohingya is 1st of all because they're muslim. Muslims don't have a lot of goodwill built up atm :lol::lol:

Secondly, Suu Kyi has built up a persona and reputation over decades. Her many friends, well wishers across the western world aren't ready to throw the 'daughter of democracy' under the bus that easily.

Not to mention - the Burmese aren't outright slaughtering the Rohingya...a few hundred killed in the grand scheme of things, really isn't a big deal for the rest of the world. Hell, it wouldn't be a big deal for Bangladesh either, if not for hundreds of thousands of them streaming into our country.

adamnsu
September 11, 2017, 09:06 AM
There was a large prosession outside the Bd high comission this weekend. All short lived due to bad weather.

I suspect mostly BNP as there were loads of Anti Hasina posters.

SportingBD
September 11, 2017, 05:21 PM
So sad seeing young children with no arms and legs on BBC TV report.

Mothers losing their children and unable to find them.

How can such sick and evil human beings exist? FFS they are children's.

NoName
September 11, 2017, 06:07 PM
UN will make its move don't worry....once Bosnia 2.0 happens

anon4567
September 12, 2017, 08:40 AM
How do you react to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=g1MoehFI3io&app=desktop

Prescilla Clapp, former US ambassador to Myanmar has backed the actions of the military claiming that the only terrorist attackes were commited by Rohingyas. She even goes far enough to claim that it is Rohingyas killing other Rohingyas, Buddhists and Myanmar Armed Forces. She denies military involvement in torching villages.

Given that she is an expert on Asia, her narrative is becoming extremely popular, although all her claims seem baseless they are being widely used by many to defend Aung Sung Suu Kyi and actions of Myanmar while making the Rohingyas the perpetrators.

I am interested to hear a rebuttal to this argument.

ReZ_1
September 13, 2017, 03:17 AM
So touchy...

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-41152774/rohingya-refugees-flee-myanmar-through-the-jungle

This report is also very intensive..
http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-41152774/rohingya-refugees-flee-myanmar-through-the-jungle

DinRaat.
September 13, 2017, 04:01 AM
Instead of rushing to conclusions maybe we should hear Myanmar's side of the story.

Alien
September 16, 2017, 09:47 PM
Instead of rushing to conclusions maybe we should hear Myanmar's side of the story.

I agree, history taught us that we should have also listened to Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot's side of argument before they went on their genocide spree.

Here is the radical Burmese version for your perusal: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qvEBaAiy5b4

The somewhat moderate version (Suu Kyi) has gone mute.

Habib
September 17, 2017, 12:08 AM
This is what happens when your development is not at an optimum level as a country. We have a population more than double than that of Burma, a much higher GDP growth rate, have an economy which is almost 5 times the size of Burma, but still can't do a thing against Burmese aggression. Their military might has increased so much whereas ours remained stagnant. They have more powerful foreign friends now than ours for God's sake. This is like BD football run by BFF. This is so shameful for us on so many levels I can't even begin to describe.

When Burma was buying so many weapons and what not, what were our defense strategists (do we even have one?) doing? Did they think Burma was buying those military equipment to intimidate China or India and not BD? Was the government so short sighted that that they thought keeping the army weakened intentionally would not only keep their thieving *** on the throne but keep the sovereignty of the country intact at the same time?

Ukraine was trying to eradicate the Russians in their country driven by ultra nationalism and we all saw what the Russians did. The best solution to this Rohingya problem would have been to help the Rohingyas with arms and training. But our military has become so pathetic that Burma won't even have to break a sweat to annex our Chittagong hill tracts. Our government knows that and they have chosen to accept all the Rohingyas that Burma pushes into our borders like a good boy and provide lip service to the populace, and not even dare to shoot a single bullet to those Burmese helicopters. This crisis won't stop until all the Rohingyas are inside our border.

The only silver lining is that this has been a reality check for us. The BD diplomatic motto that Hasina says all the time that 'Friendship with everybody, hostility towards none' has been proven absolutely wrong. The BD defense and diplomatic capabilities have been badly exposed. Also, it has shown us who our true friends are.

DinRaat.
September 17, 2017, 01:17 AM
This is what happens when your development is not at an optimum level as a country. We have a population more than double than that of Burma, a much higher GDP growth rate, have an economy which is almost 5 times the size of Burma, but still can't do a thing against Burmese aggression. Their military might has increased so much whereas ours remained stagnant. They have more powerful foreign friends now than ours for God's sake. This is like BD football run by BFF. This is so shameful for us on so many levels I can't even begin to describe.

When Burma was buying so many weapons and what not, what were our defense strategists (do we even have one?) doing? Did they think Burma was buying those military equipment to intimidate China or India and not BD? Was the government so short sighted that that they thought keeping the army weakened intentionally would not only keep their thieving *** on the throne but keep the sovereignty of the country intact at the same time?

Ukraine was trying to eradicate the Russians in their country driven by ultra nationalism and we all saw what the Russians did. The best solution to this Rohingya problem would have been to help the Rohingyas with arms and training. But our military has become so pathetic that Burma won't even have to break a sweat to annex our Chittagong hill tracts. Our government knows that and they have chosen to accept all the Rohingyas that Burma pushes into our borders like a good boy and provide lip service to the populace, and not even dare to shoot a single bullet to those Burmese helicopters. This crisis won't stop until all the Rohingyas are inside our border.

The only silver lining is that this has been a reality check for us. The BD diplomatic motto that Hasina says all the time that 'Friendship with everybody, hostility towards none' has been proven absolutely wrong. The BD defense and diplomatic capabilities have been badly exposed. Also, it has shown us who our true friends are.

This is a top post :up::up::up::up::up::up:

Took the words out of my mouth.

DinRaat.
September 17, 2017, 01:18 AM

We don't want to be Crimea 2.0.

DinRaat.
September 17, 2017, 01:20 AM

Bangladesh needs to assert its border, we can't(pardon the vulgarity) bend down to the Burmese forces, every time they have their warships in our waters.

Shingara
September 17, 2017, 06:40 AM
Er jonnoi bolsilam Defense improve kora dorkar silo onek agey. Ek bar na, duibar Burmar helicopter amader deshey dhuksey ar amra ha korey takiye thaklam!
Eibar shob Rohingyaderkey Burma ber korey dibey - mark my words.

Alien
September 17, 2017, 09:27 AM
Our defence is our PM's chamchagiri of neighbours. When it comes to peace keeping in Africa we send plane loads of soldiers.

When same crisis happens in our doorstep we just sit ducks. Where is the logic in this?

anon4567
September 17, 2017, 10:10 AM
What should we have done even if we had a stronger Defence Force than them? Send ground troops to Myanmar and occupy Rakine/ Yangon? Perform air strikes on Myanmar? Use them to turn back Rohingya refugees to Myanmar where they face certain death? Does it not occur to you that we will look like the bad guys to the world if we were to do any of the above?? What about the millions of innocent civilians on both side of the border who will lose their lives getting caught up in this crossfire??

Many have suggested arming Rohingyas, but that might come to bite us in the arse in future when they go rogue like almost any other rebel forces facing persecution the US had armed to this day, effectively creating their own monsters. Not to mention it will severly degrade the image of Muslims in the world when reports start emerging of
"Islamist terrorist blows up car bomb in Yangon school killing 57, including 25 children" ..
How would you like to have that in your conscience? How do you think the world will react then to the plight of Rohingyas after such incidents? Who will the world see as the victims?

The solution of this issue needs to be a diplomatic one, and if we can pull it off right we will come off as the heroes by the end of this crisis.

anon4567
September 17, 2017, 10:32 AM
Things to consider:

[1] Myanmar wants to push back all Rohingyas to Bangladesh. They are ready to use barbaric means such as intimidation, mass murder, arson, violence, rape, etc. to accomplish this goal. Most recently they have been setting up land mines enroute Bangladesh border to Myanmar, so Rohingtas will either die while they helplessly try to flee to Bangladesh or try to dare come back [1].

[2] From a Rohingya POV, their perfect end goal would be to gain some sort of residency status in Bangladesh (or any other country where they don't face imminent death and can rebuild their lives from). Why would they possibly want to return back home and live next to the people who have burned down their houses? The bridges between Muslims and Buddhists in Myanmar have been broken [2]. There have been a lot of riots, similar to what we saw during the partition of Bengal in 1947.

[3] From our (Bangladesh's) POV - remeber the recent exodus in the EU? The number of people entering the EU primarily from Syria was roughly 1 million- and this had huge implications for the entire EU economically to culturaly. The number of Rohingyas is about the same amount but they will be entering a country that is 30 times smaller than EU, and much, much poorer than even the poorest country in Europe. If we are to keep such a huge amount to refugees we will face an imminent economic disaster. We are already facing flooding so the food supply is currently down. This could result in a huge famine all across Bangladesh.

To overcome this problem we must find countries willing to take in Rohingya refugees. We can ask EU, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, New Zealand, Maldives, Canada, etc. to share the load - however more importantly we should tell the biggest hypocrites (oil rich gulf countries) to contribute to housing Rohingya refugees. But this can also be abused by Bangladeshi citizens to impersonate Rohingyas and enter a Western country.

Biometric registration should also be done for all refugees entering into Bangladesh, and they will be given identity cards to carry and must report to a fixed area to get provisions from, so that we can monitor them at the same time. While this is going on we should try and apply international pressure on Myanmar, promoting world wide trade sanctions against them unless the Rohingyas are taken back and given full rights as a citizen of Myanmar.

However, I personally think under no circumstances can the Rohingyas return back, as I don't see Myanmar wanting to take them back anytime soon. Even if they are taken back they will continue to face persecution there. Furthermore since Rohingya refugees have no proof of identity of ever being Myanmar citizens, Myanmar could easily deny their claims if they wanted to come back due to lack of evidence and Rohingyas are more likely to just abscond in Bangladesh than return back as they lost loved ones and have nothing left there.

We are in a very tough situation.

[1] http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/09/myanmar-laying-landmines-bangladesh-border-reports-170906014211124.html
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtAl9zJ3t-M

Habib
September 17, 2017, 10:50 AM
I disagree with so many points in the above two posts. I will just say this, geopolitics is not always about coming out as heroes in everyone's eyes. Sometimes might is right - as unsophisticated that may seem to you. Before 1971 how many times Burma dared to mess with then East Pakistan? I am not being a dalal of Pak mind you, just pointing out that when there is a fear of credible military retaliation, thug countries like Burma thinks twice before messing with other countries. Hell, even during Ziaur Rahman's time, we just amassed our forces near Burma border when Burma was doing similar things, and they stopped at once. Diplomacy would have been more effective with the help of a credible military. Now that diplomacy isn't doing much TBH. Carrot and stick is sometimes the best policy.

Mas_UK25
September 17, 2017, 12:19 PM
^ agree with you.

And want to add some thing about this whole sad situation going on.

When do you say, right enough is enough?!
It's better to live like a lion for a day than live like a jackal for thousand years!

Burma has been committing genocide against humanity, violated Bangladesh air space numerous of times. When do you act if not now?!
TO HELL with geo politics. Are we afraid of these burmese? What's the point of buying submarines when it can't be used to defend your own nation?

Sheikh Hasina I've lost all respect for you for being such a coward. It's high time military takes control. Enough should be enough. Atleast SHW should be using stronger words, instead all she says is "they have take them back". Dude! They are killing them, causing genocide, burning the innocent civilians alive. and like as if they are going to take them back just like that?

SHW has been too soft, I don't who's she's listening to but when your air space, border is being effected by the huge influx of refugees and burmese even sent spy's. And you do nothing about it, it shows something wrong...

DinRaat.
September 17, 2017, 07:46 PM
I disagree with so many points in the above two posts. I will just say this, geopolitics is not always about coming out as heroes in everyone's eyes. Sometimes might is right - as unsophisticated that may seem to you. Before 1971 how many times Burma dared to mess with then East Pakistan? I am not being a dalal of Pak mind you, just pointing out that when there is a fear of credible military retaliation, thug countries like Burma thinks twice before messing with other countries. Hell, even during Ziaur Rahman's time, we just amassed our forces near Burma border when Burma was doing similar things, and they stopped at once. Diplomacy would have been more effective with the help of a credible military. Now that diplomacy isn't doing much TBH. Carrot and stick is sometimes the best policy.

Going on what you said before, we don't need a US like budget to splurge on our military, just improve infrastructure, and make us a formidable force, to ensure thay Myanmar won't mess with us. I bet a few Su-27 aircraft flying near the border will show them we mean business.

Eclipse
September 18, 2017, 01:57 AM

Excellent post.

Bangladesh is no match for the current Myanmar army and our government knows it which is why they have taken such a submissive position regarding Rohingya issue.

Don't think Bangladesh can do any thing right now other than keeping Rohingya refugees for foreseeable future. One thing is for sure, Myanmar isn't going to take back them.

Actions from BD government have actually encouraged the Myanmar Military Junta and they r not likely to stop until they kick out the very last Rohingya from their territory. The direct support of China and India has made it even more easier for them.

One thing is fir sure, we r screwed. These Rohingyas aren't good news for Bangladesh. They aren't a skilled or educated butch and years of persecution has made them hostile in nature. When they won't be able to earn their livelihood and feed their family they will start getting involved in all sorts of criminal activities. They r already know as one of the primary suppliers of yaba in Bangladesh.

Their presence will greatly compromise the security of our country since the persecuted helpless and unemployed Rohingya refugees will be an easy target for different terrorist groups that r currently operating in Bangladesh. Don't think it will take much of an effort for these terrorist groups to recruit many of these helpless Rohingya refugees.

DinRaat.
September 18, 2017, 03:14 AM
BD is going in the wrong direction, if we don't cut the tumor off now, it will spread, and we will have another ethnic race amongst our population.

Alien
September 18, 2017, 03:36 AM
Excellent post.

Bangladesh is no match for the current Myanmar army and our government knows it which is why they have taken such a submissive position regarding Rohingya issue.

Don't think Bangladesh can do any thing right now other than keeping Rohingya refugees for foreseeable future. One thing is for sure, Myanmar isn't going to take back them.

Actions from BD government have actually encouraged the Myanmar Military Junta and they r not likely to stop until they kick out the very last Rohingya from their territory. The direct support of China and India has made it even more easier for them.

One thing is fir sure, we r screwed. These Rohingyas aren't good news for Bangladesh. They aren't a skilled or educated butch and years of persecution has made them hostile in nature. When they won't be able to earn their livelihood and feed their family they will start getting involved in all sorts of criminal activities. They r already know as one of the primary suppliers of yaba in Bangladesh.

Their presence will greatly compromise the security of our country since the persecuted helpless and unemployed Rohingya refugees will be an easy target for different terrorist groups that r currently operating in Bangladesh. Don't think it will take much of an effort for these terrorist groups to recruit many of these helpless Rohingya refugees.

Skilled and educated bunch don't come to Bangladesh, they go to places like USA or U.K.

They are refugees and genuine at that. How many terrorist bombing did rohingyas carry out to date? How big and organised is their terror groups compared to that we breed in our own country?

Sorry but your just rambling Burmese propaganda nonsense.

DinRaat.
September 18, 2017, 03:42 AM
Skilled and educated bunch don't come to Bangladesh, they go to places like USA or U.K.

They are refugees and genuine at that. How many terrorist bombing did rohingyas carry out to date? How big and organised is their terror groups compared to that we breed in our own country?

Sorry but your just rambling Burmese propaganda nonsense.

Bangladesh will start to send them back, but where will they go?

SportingBD
September 18, 2017, 03:48 AM
We have been digging a hole for ourself for many years.

Both the Hasina and Khaleda cat fight has meant the real issues never looked at.

IF anyone wants to finish us off! We are done! We don't have anything.

Alien
September 18, 2017, 06:36 AM

Bangladesh cannot send them back. We had around 200K before latest influx, were we able to send them back? How do you think we send back the new 400k that came through in the last month.

The fact that they are stateless is the problem. And Burma is not your average Asian country. It's a brutal regime known for its human rights abuse.

Solution is to send in troops, occupy enough land to settle these 400k people where they can live without fear of persecution.

If Burma wants this land back then will need to accept them as citizen or forever say good bye to this annexed land.

Alien
September 18, 2017, 06:43 AM
Before you guys start labelling them as terrorists and yabba dealers, put yourselves in their shoe.

You homes burnt down, wives daughters raped, children beheaded, neighbouring country doesn't want you, own country hates you, no America/UK/China/Russia to jump-in on your behalf. what exactly are you supposed to do?

The only reason the terrorist argument comes in is because they are Muslim which ironically majority of us are.

I sincerely hope next time you guys like Eclipse goes overseas or goes via any immigration counter at airport, the immigration officer ships you back to Bangladesh as you might be a terrorist.

zman
September 18, 2017, 06:46 AM
Anyone aware of any good sources/websites through which money can be sent to Rohingyas living in camps? preferably ones that have less overhead and most of the money is spent on the victims

DinRaat.
September 18, 2017, 06:50 AM
Bangladesh cannot send them back. We had around 200K before latest influx, were we able to send them back? How do you think we send back the new 400k that came through in the last month.

The fact that they are stateless is the problem. And Burma is not your average Asian country. It's a brutal regime known for its human rights abuse.

Solution is to send in troops, occupy enough land to settle these 400k people where they can live without fear of persecution.

If Burma wants this land back then will need to accept them as citizen or forever say good bye to this annexed land.

Bangladesh does not have economic, military or logistical capabilities to sustain a war with Burma, if they want to annex the Rakhine province, Myanmar are 21 ranks ahead of us in the GFP index.

SportingBD
September 18, 2017, 08:01 AM
Anyone aware of any good sources/websites through which money can be sent to Rohingyas living in camps? preferably ones that have less overhead and most of the money is spent on the victims

https://www.unicef.org/media/media_100848.html?utm_source=fairchance&utm_medium=website

UNICEF trusted around the world. They are collecting money for Rohinga people.

anon4567
September 18, 2017, 09:26 AM

The fact is our defence forces are significantly weaker than theirs, if we dare set a foot on Myanmar now it will be suicide for us. Even if we are to arm Rohingyas and turn them back to fight, given their lack of formal education and the oppression they faced for decades now, Islamist organisations will brainwash them with ease. They will soon take up extremist ideologies and start blowing up schools and temples in Myanmar, further escalating the conflict that exists there.

We can only watch this movement of millions of mostly unskilled, uneducated population moving into Bangladesh which will have devastating economic implications for us. This will be much bigger than the Syrian refugee crisis in EU.

anon4567
September 18, 2017, 09:50 AM

India and China made it very clear that they don't want to take in any Rohingya refugees. Our only other bordering country is Myanmar(!) who would not be willing to take them back either.

Our govt. has plans to relocate what could potentially be a million refugees to a small remote island in Bay of Bengal. But sadly this island cannot sustain such a huge population and is prone to flooding, so we will effectively be condemning them to death but we won't be there to see it.

Hence we are in a tough situation.

Eclipse
September 18, 2017, 10:30 AM
India and China made it very clear that they don't want to take in any Rohingya refugees. Our only other bordering country is Myanmar(!) who would not be willing to take them back either.

Our govt. has plans to relocate what could potentially be a million refugees to a small remote island in Bay of Bengal. But sadly this island cannot sustain such a huge population and is prone to flooding, so we will effectively be condemning them to death but we won't be there to see it.

They r going nowhere. Hasina is talking about relocating them. Good joke. Where will she relocate them? In mars?

We aren't talking about couple of thousands refugees here. As u rightly pointed out, we are talking about a number which can easily go beyond millions.

Even many of my friends r already in favour of giving them permanent citizenship. Their logic is pretty simple, if we can feed 160 million ppl then extra one million mouth won't make much of a difference. I can understand their emotions/feelings.

But this isn't the time to take decisions based on emotions only. We need to be practical too. I'm not based on cox's bazaar. But I've heard that the condition of that place have become absolutely horrible in last couple of weeks and it's likely to get even worse.

I'm not saying let's send all of them back to Myanmar so that they can get butcherd by the Buddhist terrorists, but it's also true that taking millions of refugees and giving them citizenship isn't a solution either.

ReZ_1
September 18, 2017, 10:31 AM

As said before we were so busy with our internal politics that we did not have time to foresee what is going on behind our back in international politics. Now we have to unite ourselves and try out our best. No doubt we are in a tough situation but every situation has a solution or a bright side beneath it. Maybe a good opportunity to reunite ourselves on a national crisis.

But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners. 8:30

Vahroone
September 18, 2017, 01:55 PM
Nothing good will come from Bangladesh accepting these several million people, however insensitive that sounds.

Surprised to read about the inferiority of Bangladesh's military to Myanmar above. Then again, that country was ruled by a military junta for the better part of half a century...

Eclipse
September 18, 2017, 09:51 PM
Nothing good will come from Bangladesh accepting these several million people, however insensitive that sounds.

Surprised to read about the inferiority of Bangladesh's military to Myanmar above. Then again, that country was ruled by a military junta for the better part of half a century...

Our GDP and population is almost 4 times bigger than Myanmar but still we r inferior to Myanmar in military power. This is absolutely embarrassing.

Our short sighted political leaders have led us to such a position.

anon4567
September 19, 2017, 12:23 AM
Even many of my friends r already in favour of giving them permanent citizenship. Their logic is pretty simple, if we can feed 160 million ppl then extra one million mouth won't make much of a difference. I can understand their emotions/feelings.

Population increase is not a problem, but such a sharp, unprecedented and uncontrolled increase will hurt us badly. This will lead to higher unemployment rate hence greater increase in crimes such as thefts, burglery, kidnappings within Bangladesh.

I think we should give them some form of extended temporary residency but not nationality, as they do not meet the criteria.. Perhaps it can be a "3 year humanitarian visa with limited work rights", which could only be further extended in the future if the conditions in Myanmar stay the same for them.

I don't think we should give them Bangladeshi citizenship at all, as that would give Myanmar the silver bullet they need, to deny them entry back into Myanmar in the future. That would be the final nail in the coffin. It would also reflect very poorly on our citizenship laws, and make Rohingyas Bangladesh's problem not the world's problems as they would no longer be stateless.

But this isn't the time to take decisions based on emotions only. We need to be practical too. I'm not based on cox's bazaar. But I've heard that the condition of that place have become absolutely horrible in last couple of weeks and it's likely to get even worse.

I'm not saying let's send all of them back to Myanmar so that they can get butcherd by the Buddhist terrorists, but it's also true that taking millions of refugees and giving them citizenship isn't a solution either.

We should immediately stop any educational aid from Middle East, and build profiles on visitors from our sides. I know for fact that terrorist groups will want to take advantage of this situation, where we have a lot of desperate, unskilled and unemployed people. It is in our best interest to restrict their movement, but make sure they have access to very basic food, medicine, housing and education and gather this money mostly from international donations. We should also enforce strict birth control laws for Rohingya refugees.

Last thing I want to see is Rohingyas being brainwashed and committing terrorist attacks on Hindus and Buddhists in Bangladesh in retaliation to the wrong that has been done to them. This has been the strategy of radical Islamic organisations. So it is important that we keep their freedom of movement restricted and all of them documented so they cannot claim to be Bangladeshi.

Trust me our treatment to them is a lot more humane than first world countries like Australia where they are essentially put in a prison in Papua New Gunea and are frequently subjected to injustices ranging from poor living conditions to rape.

anon4567
September 19, 2017, 12:37 AM
If we can focus on building up a stronger defence force in the next few years or so, could we possibly intimidate Myanmar to repatriate Rohingyas like we did before in 1978 and 1992 where they took back 250,000 refugees that got displaced [1]?

Also, the fact that they violated Bangladesh's airspace is to intimidate us. We can only helplessly watch. In a timespan of 25 years the two country's roles have reversed.

https://theconversation.com/life-in-limbo-the-rohingya-refugees-trapped-between-myanmar-and-bangladesh-71957

DinRaat.
September 19, 2017, 02:05 AM
Corruption and mismanagement of funds, are biting us in the ***. A scenario like this could of been prevented, Myanmar dumping refugees into Bangladesh like to tomorrow.

Jadukor
October 15, 2017, 02:31 AM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/opinion/article/1343891/‘রোহিঙ্গা-গণহত্যার-নীলনকশা-১২-বছর-আগের-তৈরি’

Interesting interview

Shingara
October 15, 2017, 09:18 AM
Population has increased from 4lakhs to 15 lakhs!
Kacha bajarer daam barsey. Shaker daam 50taka! Onno shobjir daam 200 taka! FFS