PDA

View Full Version : The tactical error of 5 left handed batsman in the top 5

MHRAM
September 4, 2017, 01:05 AM
Who comes up with this farce. Their best spinner is Lyon who is an offie. Don't you want to have a right handed Batsman to counter that?

Also LR combination forces the field to change and bowlers have to change lines. It's a common tactics used by teams to switch the batting order.

Already 3 of the lefties got out to Lyon.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Night_wolf
September 4, 2017, 01:06 AM
I have been screaming my lungs out about this in the match thread

we were lucky that lyon didn't have all 5 of them before lunch

Rifat
September 4, 2017, 01:07 AM
Move Nasir/Mosaddek to No. 3 is one of the solution. Drop Kayes

imtiaz82
September 4, 2017, 01:09 AM
Not sure why we are playing both Imrul and Soumya... Having Mominul as first down (instead of Imrul) and Liton as wicket keeper later down the order would have made more sense. This would have allowed Mushy to focus more on batting and captaincy as well. Poor team selection.

cricket_king
September 4, 2017, 01:12 AM
Have to agree with this one. Utterly moronic. I still don't understand why someone of Mushy's calibre bats beyond top 4. Even with this silly team lineup, Soumya, Imrul or Mominul should've been pushed down the order. May not have the right team but at least arrange the order to maximise outpute.

:hairpull:

MHRAM
September 4, 2017, 01:15 AM
I think we should pick Litton and make him open. That way our team would be:

Tamim
Liton
Momin
Mosa
Shakib
mushfiq
Nasir
Miraz
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Night_wolf
September 4, 2017, 01:18 AM
I think we should pick Litton and make him open. That way our team would be:

Tamim
Liton
Momin
Mosa
Shakib
mushfiq
Nasir
Miraz

momin avg 64 @ 4..his downward spiral came when he was moved to 3. lets see how he does in this match @ 4, if he scores I would suggest let him bat @ 4

kayes avg 47 in last 2 years @ 2, I will give him his position back and make liton number 3

MHRAM
September 4, 2017, 01:24 AM
If you can bat at 4 you can bat 3 if you have good technique against pace. Mushy is not the best against swing that's why he doesn't bat at 3 but mini is better against pace so I think he can bat at 3.

Your best Batsman should be at 3. But if mini is to be at 4 then Litton Should be at 3.

Tamim
Soumya
Litton
Mini
Shakib
Mushy
Mosaddek
Miraz

Yankees
September 4, 2017, 01:26 AM
momin avg 64 @ 4..his downward spiral came when he was moved to 3. lets see how he does in this match @ 4, if he scores I would suggest let him bat @ 4

kayes avg 47 in last 2 years @ 2, I will give him his position back and make liton number 3

If this is true, then he should definitely be at number 4. I just wonder if it really makes difference between 3 and 4 spot? Or is this just a matter of he happened to be in form when he played at number 4 at that time?

Night_wolf
September 4, 2017, 01:27 AM
If you can bat at 4 you can bat 3 if you have good technique against pace. Mushy is not the best against swing that's why he doesn't bat at 3 but mini is better against pace so I think he can bat at 3.

I am not arguing that mini cant bat at 3, he scored 100 at 3 as well but he was a beast @ 4. and he is struggling @ 3. why would you try to tamper with something which is working so well. he was our 1st genuine 50+ batsman. you don't mess with that

Yankees
September 4, 2017, 01:29 AM

Your best Batsman should be at 3. But if mini is to be at 4 then Litton Should be at 3.

Tamim
Soumya
Litton
Mini
Shakib
Mushy
Mosaddek
Miraz

Or Mushy grows the f*ck up, gives up the gloves, and plays at number 3.

Tamim
SS
Mushy
Mini
Shakib
Liton
Moss
Miraz

MHRAM
September 4, 2017, 01:47 AM
Or Mushy grows the f*ck up, gives up the gloves, and plays at number 3.

Tamim
SS
Mushy
Mini
Shakib
Liton
Moss
Miraz

Mushy doesn't have the technique or temperament to play when the ball moves around. The match against NZ was an example.

He is better when the ball gets soft. Always brilliant against spin

MHRAM
September 4, 2017, 01:49 AM
3 lefties gone to Lyon. One lefty in the middle.

How does haturi deal with this? Send in another lefty. Woah! Genius.

NoName
September 4, 2017, 01:50 AM
I mean, we had Liton but he is unfortunate enough to choose to be a WK in his career....

NoName
September 4, 2017, 01:53 AM
Heck they could have sent in SS or Nasir

MHRAM
September 4, 2017, 01:56 AM
Another problem would be that our bottom 6 has no left handed bat. Agar and o Keefe would reign supreme.

Shocking isn't it that we don't have lower order lefty batsman.

All the more reason why someone like Saifuddin is so crucial.

MHRAM
September 4, 2017, 02:00 AM
All 4 top order batsman have perished to Lyon.

DinRaat.
September 4, 2017, 06:09 AM
Someone should just make a thread

"The complete and scrupulous thread about rants and raves during cricket matches"

DinRaat.
September 4, 2017, 06:10 AM
On a serious note, he is right. all top have been screwed by Lyon today.

Night_wolf
September 4, 2017, 06:13 AM
this day would have been completely ours if the team management had some ghilu

they kept of feeding lefties to lyon and lyon obliged

MHRAM
September 4, 2017, 06:19 AM
5 of the 6 wickets taken by Lyon. Such a brilliant decision to play 5 lefties at a stretch. Now we don't have any lefty to counter o keefee and agar

tiger1000
September 4, 2017, 06:23 AM
I'd go with

Tamim
Imrul/Sarkar
Mominul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Mossadek
Litton wk
Mehedi
Taijul
Roy/Taskin
Mustafizur

Still 4/5 left handed, but forcing players out of position in not the way forward

I don't understand why imrul got moved he finally settled and started performing, but no let's f him up to fit coaches favourite player at his position that he wants, why not try Sarkar at 3 if he wanted him in the team

Shadow
September 4, 2017, 06:28 AM
I mean, we had Liton but he is unfortunate enough to choose to be a WK in his career....

He should be in the test XI whether he keep wickets or not. Having a second keeper in the squad is always good in a test match. In case one gets injured the other can take his place. When it happens to be that the backup keeper in the lineup is also a good batsman then it makes more sense to have him in the squad.

Gowza
September 4, 2017, 06:42 AM
tamim LH
liton RH
mominul LH
shanto LH
Mushy RH
shakib LH
sabbir RH
Mehedi RH
Taijul/jubair/saifuddin
Taskin
Fizz/hider

If saifuddin is in there then he could bat where mehedi bats depending on how good he gets his batting and he's a lefty so that's another option. its pretty evenly balanced with left/rights.

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2017, 06:56 AM
Someone should just make a thread

"The complete and scrupulous thread about rants and raves during cricket matches"You would dominate that thread. :)

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2017, 06:58 AM
tamim LH
liton RH
mominul LH
shanto LH
Mushy RH
shakib LH
sabbir RH
Mehedi RH
Taijul/jubair/saifuddin
Taskin
Fizz/hider

If saifuddin is in there then he could bat where mehedi bats depending on how good he gets his batting and he's a lefty so that's another option. its pretty evenly balanced with left/rights.I am not ready for Shanto yet. Sarkar @ 2 replacing Shanto.

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2017, 07:01 AM
As for this thread, you play your best players. If that is 11 Left handers so be it. If 11 Right handers can play why not left handers?

tiger1000
September 4, 2017, 07:05 AM
As for this thread, you play your best players. If that is 11 Left handers so be it. If 11 Right handers can play why not left handers?

That's true, but going 5 LH at the top with opponents best bowler betting an off spinner is not great plan

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2017, 07:11 AM
That's true, but going 5 LH at the top with opponents best bowler betting an off spinner is not great plan
I am all for Liton Das in the top order since he merits his place in the 11. But an insecure WKing captain will not allow that. There lies the problem.

But if a team truly has all his best top order players left handed, then so be it. You don't play what opponent will do. You select your best team and play their game. All right handed heavy teams didn't just change their team line up just because Wasim Akram will be bowling from the other end. Or opposite because Murali will eat them alive.

Lyon is not Wasim or Murali. Play him as he should be played. Respect him as a class bowler and that is it.

Left right combination is much more important in ODIs and T20.

Jadukor
September 4, 2017, 07:17 AM
So 2 of the 3 right handers scored 50s. Not a coincidence since Lyon did all the damage.

Jadukor
September 4, 2017, 07:20 AM
Once 3 lefties fell to the same trap, Mushfiq should have countered the Australian plan by going ahead of Shakib. It is about reading the situation and countering opposition tactics.

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2017, 07:21 AM
So 2 of the 3 right handers scored 50s. Not a coincidence since Lyon did all the damage.Lyon didn't play the first test match? How many 50s did the right handers score in that? Co-incidence happens only for one match?

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2017, 07:23 AM
You see, they tried to do this Left-hand right hand combination in the 1st innings of the first match and pushed Sabbir in early and MISERABLY failed. You learn from your mistakes.

Jadukor
September 4, 2017, 07:24 AM
Lyon didn't play the first test match? How many 50s did the right handers score in that?
What does the first test have to do with anything? This is a different game different pitch and a different situation. You see a ploy and you try to counter it.

Jadukor
September 4, 2017, 07:25 AM
You see, they tried to do this Left-hand right hand combination in the 1st innings of the first match and pushed Sabbir in early and MISERABLY failed. You learn from your mistakes.

I said nothing about Shabbir going in early.

MHRAM
September 4, 2017, 07:29 AM

Mushy Should have batted at 4

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2017, 07:46 AM
What does the first test have to do with anything? This is a different game different pitch and a different situation. You see a ploy and you try to counter it.You were glorifying the right handers in expense of the left handers. The truth is those two aren't capable in playing in the top order. It has been tested in the the last match with Sabbir. Unless we bring in Liton in the top order it will remain left handed top order.

As for Mushi before Sakib, that is a captain's decision. It worked out in the 1st test 1st innings in the previous match.

Stability at this level is more important in shuffling the order. We as a team, aren't in that position yet. Unstable Kayes founds himself in the chopping block now. And each position is specialized. You wouldn't want to open with Mushi or put him at 3 just to get a RH LH combo.

Just because we have Shakib and Taijul, Australia will shuffle their line up to suit the situation? I don't think so.

kalpurush
September 4, 2017, 11:17 AM
All lefties got runs in the 1st test ->Mushy is a great thinker...
All lefties failed in the 2nd innings ->Mushy is team MGT are dumb a$$ ...

So easy for us the keyboard warriors (including me!) to comment...

************************************************** **********************************************

On a serious note: When our batter give away their wickets, how can we blame captain or the coach?

Mas_UK25
September 4, 2017, 11:18 AM
I think we must give Liton a long run. He can play as a batsman only.

My XI would be.
Tamim
Liton
Mominul
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Sabbir
Miraz
Kamrul/Subhasish/Taijul
Taskin
Mustafiz.

For SA tour, 1st test match.

kalpurush
September 4, 2017, 11:20 AM
I think we must give Liton a long run. He can play as a batsman only.

My XI would be.
Tamim
Liton
Mominul
Shakib
Mushy
Nasir
Sabbir
Miraz
Kamrul/Subhasish/Taijul
Taskin
Mustafiz.

For SA tour, 1st test match.

You have left out Musaddek mate! M U S A D D E K!!

aklemalp
September 4, 2017, 11:22 AM
All lefties got runs in the 1st test ->Mushy is a great thinker...
All lefties failed in the 2nd innings ->Mushy is team MGT are dumb a$$ ...

So easy for us the keyboard warriors (including me!) to comment...

************************************************** **********************************************

On a serious note: When our batter give away their wickets, how can we blame captain or the coach?

The right and logical thing to do is to alternate the different type of batsmen.

This is elementary.

Max100
September 4, 2017, 11:22 AM
Kayes's test days are over. Liton should replace him asap. Soumya will be replaced by mosaddek

RealSports
September 4, 2017, 12:13 PM
Too many left-handed Bangladeshi players.

Zeeshan
September 4, 2017, 12:15 PM
acha amra shobai eto uttejito hoye uthchi keno

BD_TigerZ
September 4, 2017, 01:37 PM
Best batsmen bats 3 simple.

Tamim
Sarkar
Mushfiq
Mominul
Shakib
Mossa
Litton
Nasir/Sabbir/Taskin
Miraz
Taijul
Fizz

NoName
September 4, 2017, 01:46 PM
BD vs SA 2011 WC our top 4 batsmen were lefties and also specialized openers :lol:

aklemalp
September 4, 2017, 01:50 PM
Why is it called a tactical error?

Shouldn't it be miscalculation? Or shooting themselves in the foot?

MHRAM
September 4, 2017, 02:29 PM
Why is it called a tactical error?

Shouldn't it be miscalculation? Or shooting themselves in the foot?

It's not miscalculation. Shooting in the foot? Yeah.

Bangladesh need to shuffle the batting order by not being too monotonous. It would have been great if we had RHB at the top order.

Lyon and mushy looked at ease against Lyon.

Jadukor
September 4, 2017, 10:30 PM
Match analysis from isam. He also said not a great tactic to load up on so many lefties at the top order.
https://youtu.be/9u5EjmVwz3g

The bottom line is this: if we have 5 good left handed batsmen then of course we have to play them. However the pitch was not turning and Lyon was getting the lbws to the lefties with the arm ball. A right hander would have found it easier to play Lyon on this pitch and that is evident by the end of the days play. Even if Nasir and Shabbir are ill equipped to go early, after 4 batsman got lbwed Mushfiq could have said ok this tactic from the Aussies is working and I am gonna go out and negate it.