PDA

View Full Version : Star India bags ipl rights for 2.55billion dollors

vayuu1
September 4, 2017, 07:51 AM
The BCCI has bagged INR 16,347.5 crore (US$ 2.55 billion) for its IPL television and digital rights from a single bidder, Star India, which made a consolidated offer for rights worldwide. The sale of the rights, which are for the five-year period from 2018 to 2022, is effectively the biggest television deal in cricket.

A total of 24 companies had bought the tender document but only 14 eventually bid at the event in Mumbai. The bids were for seven categories: television in India, digital in India, and rights for the USA, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the rest of the world. For the five international markets, the bids included both television and digital rights. Star won them all by making one consolidated global bid (INR 16,347.5 crore) - the only bidder to do so - that was larger than the sum of all the highest bids for each category (INR 15,819.51 crore).

Star's winning bid is a 158% increase in the media rights value for IPL broadcasting from the previous cycle. In 2009, Sony had bought television rights for $1.63 billion for nine years from World Sports Group, which had bagged the rights for $918 million from the BCCI for a ten-year period. That cycle came to an end in 2017. Star were the previous holders of digital rights in India as well, having paid INR 303 crore for a three-year digital rights deal (2015-17).

Star and Sony Pictures Network India were the only two eligible bidders for IPL rights to the Indian television market after the bids were technically evaluated on Monday.

"We believe that the IPL is a very powerful property, and we believe there is lots more value that can be created for fans of cricket and viewers through IPL on digital as well as on TV," Uday Shankar, chairman of Star India, said. "And we would remain very committed to make sure that the growth of sports in this country continues to be driven by the power of cricket."

As Shankar noted, the television and digital rights were "fiercely contested". The difference between Star's global bid and the total of the highest bid in each category was only INR 528.5 crore (3.34 % more).

Star was not even the highest bidder in the two marquee categories - Indian television and digital. The highest bid for the Indian television category was Sony's INR 11,050 crore, compared to Star's INR 6,196.95 crore. Facebook's bid of INR 3900 crore for digital rights in India was 170% higher than Star's INR 1443 crore, which was the lowest in the category.

Star and Sony, heavyweights in the television segment, were not even contenders in the digital category. There, the faceoff was between Facebook, Reliance Jio and Airtel, with all three making bids over INR 3000 crore.

According to Shankar, Star's global bid was just right, not too high and not too low. "Even if it was slightly less we would not have got the rights. That should tell you this is the right figure. When one person or one company bids very highly you can ask that question. But in every category it has been so competitive. There are three digital rights that went have gone for more than 3000 crores. Digital did not even exist 10 years ago. In television it was very aggressively tendered too, and equally for rest of the world. This should tell you that cricket continues to be very strong, healthy and very attractive in this country.

"Finally, whoever puts in that money, they put in that money because they believe in the fans of the sport. The universe of cricket fans, it tells you, continues to very healthy, continues to grow. What was paid in 2008, that was 2008. India and cricket and IPL - all three have changed dramatically in the last 10 years. It is a reflection of that."

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2017, 08:01 AM
6 years 2.2 Billion. 366 Million per year. Or for basically 2 months of preparation and 2 months of Cricket. Very very impressive.

It doesn't bode well in haggling tactics for few chump change from the Associates (from ICC). :facepalm:

Yankees
September 4, 2017, 08:04 AM
tl;dr, IPL, the money making machine, continues to make money.

vayuu1
September 4, 2017, 09:45 AM
6 years 2.2 Billion. 366 Million per year. Or for basically 2 months of preparation and 2 months of Cricket. Very very impressive.

It doesn't bode well in haggling tactics for few chump change from the Associates (from ICC). :facepalm:5 years not six 2018-22 so basically 501 million

Feni_Heni
September 4, 2017, 09:58 AM
funny thing was, other than in Africa, Star wasn't the biggest bidder in any other region. But, it was the only one to put in a global bid, and with the power of Murdoch, Star, Sky - there was only going to be one winner.

Amount in crores(Indian Rupees)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DI3kT6TUMAAbw9K?format=jpg

aklemalp
September 4, 2017, 10:06 AM
" All I do I win, win, win..."

Roy_1
September 4, 2017, 10:24 AM
Take that ICC, BCCI will earn money one way or the other :notworthy:

aklemalp
September 4, 2017, 10:36 AM
Take that ICC, BCCI will earn money one way or the other :notworthy:

True that. Money makes the world go around.

"Fresh cash"

brockley
September 4, 2017, 05:32 PM
Means more money for IPL players,that means more retirements,or skipping series.

MarufH
September 4, 2017, 08:28 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but how do they make this money back? I understand they make some of it by playing ads during the match. But how else?

Roy_1
September 4, 2017, 09:48 PM
Means more money for IPL players,that means more retirements,or skipping series.

>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

Night_wolf
September 4, 2017, 10:33 PM
This is really impressive, only NFL and EPL are ahead of IPL in costs per game.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20571204/six-stand-numbers-ipl-media-rights-sale

as impressive as IPL's number is NFL is almost 3 times more cost per game than IPL. thats just wow..how do NFL generate this much money? I thought it had only american audience

Jadukor
September 4, 2017, 10:51 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but how do they make this money back? I understand they make some of it by playing ads during the match. But how else?

I have heard Austin pays for the rest as a reward for televising this legendary tournament.

iDumb
September 4, 2017, 11:56 PM

this is a very good question.

From various news it seems in a year IPL tv ads get ~1000 crore which means for 5 years... it's 5000 crore. Star bids ~6000 crore for for tv rights...

ad rates are just gonna have to go higher... during and leading to and after ipl game viewing... along with whatever rights they sell outside...

I don't think apart from those there aren't any other avenues of making money for tv.

iDumb
September 5, 2017, 12:02 AM
.how do NFL generate this much money? I thought it had only american audience

1 american audience in montetary value = 1K indian audience in India. America is a very high income country

RazabQ
September 5, 2017, 12:36 AM
I have heard Austin pays for the rest as a reward for televising this legendary tournament.

Khekz! But he's not around to troll for the next 3 months.

Night_wolf
September 5, 2017, 01:22 AM
1 american audience in montetary value = 1K indian audience in India. America is a very high income country

still in comparison with NBA and MLB, NFL numbers are extraordinary, didn't know american version of rugby is such a hit

iDumb
September 5, 2017, 01:28 AM
still in comparison with NBA and MLB, NFL numbers are extraordinary, didn't know american version of rugby is such a hit

yeah it's big. Even at the next level (college), other sports do not even come close to College football (american).

5 million dollars is the ad rate for 30 seconds for final game of football. I think superbowl (final) is the most watched tv event in USA every year. Goes above 100 million ( these are all ppl with MONEY , not rickshawalas)

senman
September 5, 2017, 11:12 AM
this is a very good question.

From various news it seems in a year IPL tv ads get ~1000 crore which means for 5 years... it's 5000 crore. Star bids ~6000 crore for for tv rights...

ad rates are just gonna have to go higher... during and leading to and after ipl game viewing... along with whatever rights they sell outside...

I don't think apart from those there aren't any other avenues of making money for tv.
Ad is for cable tv. HD premium for DTH (currently 30 rs, I guess). They also have an App called Hotstar, its convenient for people like me who are constantly on the move (50 rs per month). Also IPL is a closed loop league, every footage can be sold for a cost to the media(News, Magazine etc).

One thing I know sure about STAR is that they have a sound business plan.

Yankees
September 5, 2017, 11:19 AM
This is really impressive, only NFL and EPL are ahead of IPL in costs per game.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20571204/six-stand-numbers-ipl-media-rights-sale

as impressive as IPL's number is NFL is almost 3 times more cost per game than IPL. thats just wow..how do NFL generate this much money? I thought it had only american audience

I was shocked when I saw that graph. But it's actually showing the broadcast rights deals based on "cost per game". So the reason why MLB and NBA is much lower is because:

Each NBA team plays 82 games (30 teams x 82 = 2460 games + Playoffs) and each MLB team plays 162 games (30 teams x 162 = 4860 games + Playoffs). Just to put in perspective, the ENTIRE IPL tournament is 60 games total.

If you look at just the broadcast deals, MLB and NBA are still higher than IPL and possibly EPL, but will still behind NFL, which is a sports juggernaut.

I'm not taking anything away from IPL, the numbers are incredible for what is essentially a 2 month tournament. I think this shows that IPL is very much the cricket future and I expect it to become a proper league just like the NFL/MLB/NBA over the coming decades, with international cricket relegated to the "offseason".

iDumb
September 5, 2017, 10:30 PM
Ad is for cable tv. HD premium for DTH (currently 30 rs, I guess). They also have an App called Hotstar, its convenient for people like me who are constantly on the move (50 rs per month). Also IPL is a closed loop league, every footage can be sold for a cost to the media(News, Magazine etc).

One thing I know sure about STAR is that they have a sound business plan.

Hi thanks for your post.

So you have to pay for access to STAR tv ?

If that is the case then as long as they come even with ad revenue, they are profiting from increased subscription. Usually subscription based channels do not get much of ads because the idea is you are already paying and on top of that viewership is limited.

But yes if not directly, they are definitely profiting indirectly otherwise you wouldn't have so much of bidding.

think of Netflix model, they spend so much money on original content - they don't really count if they are getting their money back from each shows.... they simply want that subscription quarter over quarter to go up even if that means paying sometimes ridiculous amount of money for some popular shows/comedian.

Night_wolf
September 5, 2017, 10:35 PM
I was shocked when I saw that graph. But it's actually showing the broadcast rights deals based on "cost per game". So the reason why MLB and NBA is much lower is because:

Each NBA team plays 82 games (30 teams x 82 = 2460 games + Playoffs) and each MLB team plays 162 games (30 teams x 162 = 4860 games + Playoffs). Just to put in perspective, the ENTIRE IPL tournament is 60 games total.

If you look at just the broadcast deals, MLB and NBA are still higher than IPL and possibly EPL, but will still behind NFL, which is a sports juggernaut.

I'm not taking anything away from IPL, the numbers are incredible for what is essentially a 2 month tournament. I think this shows that IPL is very much the cricket future and I expect it to become a proper league just like the NFL/MLB/NBA over the coming decades, with international cricket relegated to the "offseason".

162 games in a season? thats insane..hows that even possible?? thats one game per 2.5 days for each team

Yankees
September 5, 2017, 11:28 PM
162 games in a season? thats insane..hows that even possible?? thats one game per 2.5 days for each team

Yeap. Basically it's a 6 month season + playoffs. When a team visits another team, they usually play a series (3-5 games) instead of just a one-off game. Those games are played everyday. And the teams travel on their off days, either back home or to the another team's city. Pitchers (bowlers) play every 5 days to minimize injuries. Batsmen usually can play every day, just like cricket, but their's plenty of backup players to give them rests throughout the season. If a game gets washed out due to rain, they will typically play a double header (two games in one day) the next time the teams meet.

It's just insane.

aklemalp
September 5, 2017, 11:30 PM
Yeap. Basically it's a 6 month season + playoffs. When a team visits another team, they usually play a series (3-5 games) instead of just a one-off game. Those games are played everyday. And the teams travel on their off days, either back home or to the another team's city. Pitchers (bowlers) play every 5 days to minimize injuries. Batsmen usually can play every day, just like cricket, but their's plenty of backup players to give them rests throughout the season. If a game gets washed out due to rain, they will typically play a double header (two games in one day) the next time the teams meet.

It's just insane.

Extra innings games are some of the most exciting for me. I always like to see a pitcher's duel rather than a home run derby.

horizon
September 6, 2017, 12:49 AM

This is what I have been predicting for years. Had it been run properly (it will be in future), it would already have expanded to 3-4 months tournament. Indian team need not play their first XI anywhere else than in World Cups.

The future of bi-laterals looks bleak. India could send their second string team abroad. Indians also need not waste their sleep and watch it when they can anyway watch IPL at home. By 2028, cricket will have four popular tournaments in terms of viewership - ODI WC, T20 WC, The Olympics and IPL.

Night_wolf
September 6, 2017, 12:53 AM
This is what I have been predicting for years. Had it been run properly (it will be in future), it would already have expanded to 3-4 months tournament. Indian team need not play their first XI anywhere else than in World Cups.

The future of bi-laterals looks bleak. India could send their second string team abroad. Indians also need not waste their sleep and watch it when they can anyway watch IPL at home. By 2028, cricket will have four popular tournaments in terms of viewership - ODI WC, T20 WC, The Olympics and IPL.

Really? you guys would rather watch Pune vs Kolkata than Australia vs India??

if this is the viewpoint of most Indian fans than I fear for cricket's future

Yankees
September 6, 2017, 01:03 AM

I personally wouldn't. But I totally understand why the average fan would. What's the point of watching Australia vs India for the millionth time? If it's ODI, then they would currently be fighting for second place in the rankings. So what? Both would still automatically make it to the CT or WC. Bilaterals are completely meaningless.

Atleast the winner of Pune vs Kolkata would be one step closer to the playoffs.

Jadukor
September 6, 2017, 01:07 AM
This is a nightmare scenario. If this really happens in the future and garbage like IPL is the only option for cricket throughout the year.. I will gladly switch to another sport

Yankees
September 6, 2017, 01:20 AM
This is a nightmare scenario. If this really happens in the future and garbage like IPL is the only option for cricket throughout the year.. I will gladly switch to another sport

Indeed. My only gripe with IPL is that I don't like T20s. But I can also see a lot of merit to having club competition over internationals. For one thing, it would get rid of the unequal competition we have in internationals.

Extreme example: A player from Zimbabwe can be selected and play for Mumbai Indians. He can make more money than he could with Zimbabwe. And he won't have to take Kolpak deals, unlike now, which means he can also represent Zimbabwe in the WC. Now if enough of these players train and play for IPL year round and develop, Zimbabwe would be a much better team because their players actually get to play cricket with the best.

If internationals are relegated just to WC, then players don't have to choose between feeding his family and playing for his country. The best players, irrespective of nationality, will have equal chance to earn money and it really does become all about talent.

Roy_1
September 6, 2017, 09:20 AM

No, of course not, that is his personal opinion.

IPL was created to compliment our cricket, prepare our youngsters, make plenty of bucks for the BCCI and provide entertainment to Indian masses not to eat up and destroy Intl cricket, don't join the fear-mongering crowd, bi-laterals are going nowhere.

Roy_1
September 6, 2017, 09:25 AM

The cricket God will cry himself to sleep that day :(

Cricket4All
September 6, 2017, 09:31 AM
No, of course not, this is his personal opinion.

IPL was created to compliment our cricket, prepare our youngsters, make plenty of bucks for the BCCI and provide entertainment to Indian masses not to eat up and destroy Intl cricket, don't join the fear-mongering crowd, bi-laterals are going nowhere.

Well we all know that bi-laterals are not the way forward, don't we? We are going to have 13 team ODI league championship starting from 2019 which will give ODI cricket more context ! Coupled with Test championship league I'm very exited about the future of international cricket. :clap:

mufi_02
September 6, 2017, 10:22 AM
Well we all know that bi-laterals are not the way forward, don't we? We are going to have 13 team ODI league championship starting from 2019 which will give ODI cricket more context ! Coupled with Test championship league I'm very exited about the future of international cricket. :clap:

Exactly. Me too. The ODI league is a step in the right direction and will give greater context. Can't wait

bujhee kom
September 6, 2017, 10:29 AM
Prithibi-ta Shudhu Tekar Khela! Taka ebong Jomi ebong Ghush.
Taka thakley Jomi thakbey, aar, Jomi thakley Teka thakbey, aar Taka thakley Ghush diben, Taka naa thakley Ghush khaben!
Ebong, taka thakley Hilsha maach, Ruhi mach, Bou, baccha, girl-friend, goru, gari, bari, Murgar deem sob thakbey...

Taka Taka Taka...Manoos sudhu Takar pichoney chutitesey! Takar mohey poriya manoos Omanoos-e porinoto hoitesey.
Takar opor naam aaj Jibon...Taka chara ei deho amar deho naa, without dollar, this deho of mine is like nordomar pocha pani...
Takar jonno manoos aaj prem korey, premer aguney joley purey morey!

Bottomline is - Takar naam Babaji!

Roy_1
September 6, 2017, 10:45 AM
Ebong, taka thakley Hilsha maach,

Dada, ei season e ilish mache bajaar bhorpur,, ager bochor gulor tulonai prochur mach dhora poreche, WB te loke chete pute khachhe, sokale, dupure, bikele, sara din ilish :D

Jadukor
September 6, 2017, 11:13 AM
The cricket God will cry himself to sleep that day :(

See you cant let it go can you? :lol: so predictable

Roy_1
September 6, 2017, 11:21 AM
See you cant let it go can you? :lol: so predictable

Part of my charm >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

senman
September 6, 2017, 11:30 AM
We need to pay more to the Countries who release their players thereby force open a window for IPL. In future, once we have the absolute monopoly, we can ask the foreign boards to pay BCCI to play with Indian team so that they have more oppurtunities to sell their products (Players) who inturn may earn revenue for their board.

I would gladly take CSK vs MI over Ind vs Sl or Ind vs Zim or Ind vs Wi or Ind vs BD.

Cricket4All
September 6, 2017, 11:34 AM
We need to pay more to the Countries who release their players thereby force open a window for IPL. In future, once we have the absolute monopoly, we can ask the foreign boards to pay BCCI to play with Indian team so that they have more oppurtunities to sell their products (Players) who inturn may earn revenue for their board.

I would gladly take CSK vs MI over Ind vs Sl or Ind vs Zim or Ind vs Wi or Ind vs BD.

Heck ! Indian fans are so dilutional that they can be termed as insane!

Night_wolf
September 6, 2017, 11:41 AM
Heck ! Indian fans are so dilutional that they can be termed as insane!

thats some Austin powers level evil there, gave me a good chuckle

senman
September 6, 2017, 11:43 AM
Its a good business model. We won't even interfere in the revenue generated by the other teams.

aklemalp
September 6, 2017, 11:50 AM
You guys (everyone) are some real jokers.

Yankees
September 6, 2017, 04:16 PM
Ebong, taka thakley Hilsha maach

Dada, ei season e ilish mache bajaar bhorpur,,

Ok we gotta settle this once and for all: Is it Ilish or Hilsa? I say Ilish. F*ck Hilsa.

and yes, this is more important than the future of int'l cricket.

Yankees
September 6, 2017, 04:18 PM

This is satire at its best. Bravo :applause:

DinRaat.
September 6, 2017, 05:52 PM

Yea, tell your board to do that, we will see where it takes you.

Jadukor
September 7, 2017, 01:53 AM

Beautiful! I am tempted to screenshot Semen's post and actually email BCCI. It is a crime not to be monetarily rewarded for such devotion dedication and most of all, for having such an amazing strategic foresight.

We BCites should not just stand here and see such a talent wasted on our unimportant and insignificant forum space. We are gonna disappear anyways once IPL takes over so while we still have time, we must help our fellow member out and force BCCI to cough up at least a contract for Senmen. Shastri Gavakar can step aside.. what they do.. they do it because they are paid millions but what Senmen does day in day out is just give and give selfless love. He was fighting for BCCI for the revenue distribution, he was strategizing for BCCI before the Champions Trophy pull out... yes I know the naysayers will say but India didnt pull out!.. but that is beside the point. Strong work ethic and dedication must be rewarded and it is time for BCCI to step up. I know everyone is with me on this.

DinRaat.
September 7, 2017, 06:34 AM
These kind of threads are so annoying. We know IPL is rich, why don't you post it at ICF, instead of here. What are you trying to prove, we admit it ok, your domestic T20 league is superior.

Shout out to the Mods, the source of the article was not given.

horizon
September 7, 2017, 02:56 PM

Yes, it is. Most Americans watch NBA ahead of international basketball. It'll be the same.

horizon
September 7, 2017, 07:10 PM
https://www.iol.co.za/sport/opinion/prepare-for-crickets-new-world-order-11115015

JOHANNESBURG - A few years ago a former Proteas player told me that international cricket as we know it was on its last feet.

Cricket would, the player said, follow football’s example where clubs own the players and occasionally "lend" them to their national federations for international fixtures - i.e. qualifying matches for major events, and then the events themselves, like the World Cup or the Africa Cup of Nations.

At the time I recall thinking the former player was exaggerating. A scenario he outlined involved an expanded IPL, something much bigger than it’s current six week schedule - six months, like a baseball season. Players would be contracted to their franchises and an international window would have to be created to work around the IPL. Think about football now; the biggest European leagues run for nine months of the year, with three or four intervals in that period where international matches are played.

Cricket took a significant step in that direction this week, with that staggering broadcasting deal - worth $2.55-billion (about R33bn) - signed between the BCCI and Star India for the rights to the IPL for the next five years. It signals the incredible value of a product many were sceptical about when first conceptualised, but which now sees the IPL being talked about in the same breath as leagues like the NFL - currently in the middle of an eight year contract reportedly worth $39.6-billion, the NBA - which signed a nine year deal two years ago worth $24-billion, and the MLB - which has an eight year deal worth $12.4-billion.

Those American broadcasting rights, however, were signed with different networks for each sport, the IPL deal was with a single partner. Clearly, they understand the value of the product they are broadcasting. At what stage then will Star India go: "why just six weeks of the IPL, we can get greater bang for our buck with an expanded competition? We’ll give you $10 billion, but the IPL must run for six months."

The ICC’s inability to create context for Test cricket has significantly hurt what is - as we saw with results last week - still a very engaging product. The World Cup is all that keeps the 50-over format relevant, and the IPL is the most dominant force in the T20 format, arguably on a par with the ICC world event in that format.

The pressure is now also on Cricket South Africa to ensure it’s able to secure a substantial deal for its Global T20 League starting in November. The IPL deal is illustrative of the value now attached to franchise T20 cricket. Cricket’s on the cusp of a whole new world where the relevance of international game is rapidly depreciating.

^^ Written in a major SA newspaper, without my inputs.

RazabQ
September 8, 2017, 02:21 AM
Bhai, if the world is going to be just T20s then indeed us old fogies will probably fade away. If it is to be, it is to be. I cannot get excited by a format that is just instant gratification. It's like taking a love cuppa tea and rusk and then just grinding the biscuit into the tea, NO2 cooling it and drinking it down in one gulp.

DinRaat.
September 8, 2017, 02:59 AM
If cricket becomes all T20, then majority will stop watching/following the sport, except for those in India.

You take FIFA as a prime example, they are vertically integrating almost everything, the world cup has 64 teams(yes 64) and a qualifying stage consisting of 164 nations participating even North Korea. Meanwhile ICC is still stuck having only 12 Full member nations, with no signs of expanding the game. I wonder where all this revenue goes, if the game isn't expanding it will be never close to league of Football, basketball of even hockey.

senman
September 8, 2017, 03:01 AM
Bhai, if the world is going to be just T20s then indeed us old fogies will probably fade away. If it is to be, it is to be. I cannot get excited by a format that is just instant gratification. It's like taking a love cuppa tea and rusk and then just grinding the biscuit into the tea, NO2 cooling it and drinking it down in one gulp.

Don't worry RazabQ, our(BCCI) next project is ITL(Indian Test League).

The business model of ITL differs slightly from IPL, here you and sponsors will pay certain amount and once we get enough profit, we will conduct the test match between preferred city teams.

If you want country vs country then BD has to compete with other world teams in bidding for the honor of playing with India. Bidding can be in any form like 6 away tour for 1 home tour (or) sharing greater than 90% media revenue in home tours etc.,

DinRaat.
September 8, 2017, 03:10 AM
Don't worry RazabQ, our(BCCI) next project is ITL(Indian Test League).

The business model of ITL differs slightly from IPL, here you and sponsors will pay certain amount and once we get enough profit, we will conduct the test match between preferred city teams.

If you want country vs country then BD has to compete with other world teams in bidding for the honor of playing with India. Bidding can be in any form like 6 away tour for 1 home tour (or) sharing greater than 90% media revenue in home tours etc.,

I hope you are being sarcastic, because this looks like a very scary business model.
:ohno:

Night_wolf
September 8, 2017, 03:48 AM
Great Job senman, you are making austin proud in his absence

brockley
September 8, 2017, 04:11 AM
India should play most their tests at home or nearby.:)
Oh they do:up::facepalm:.

Roy_1
September 8, 2017, 04:29 AM
India should play most their tests at home or nearby.:)
Oh they do:up::facepalm:.

I don't understand how is this comment even relevant to this thread topic mate.

Check our schedules from 2011-early 2015, we played majority of the tests outside, why so much hurt-burn over our home session?

brockley
September 8, 2017, 04:36 AM
Its called fishing for a comment.:up::)
I would have used the emoji,but it wasn't there.:D

Zeeshan
September 8, 2017, 08:11 AM
Beautiful! I am tempted to screenshot Semen's post and actually email BCCI. It is a crime not to be monetarily rewarded for such devotion dedication and most of all, for having such an amazing strategic foresight.

We BCites should not just stand here and see such a talent wasted on our unimportant and insignificant forum space. We are gonna disappear anyways once IPL takes over so while we still have time, we must help our fellow member out and force BCCI to cough up at least a contract for Senmen. Shastri Gavakar can step aside.. what they do.. they do it because they are paid millions but what Senmen does day in day out is just give and give selfless love. He was fighting for BCCI for the revenue distribution, he was strategizing for BCCI before the Champions Trophy pull out... yes I know the naysayers will say but India didnt pull out!.. but that is beside the point. Strong work ethic and dedication must be rewarded and it is time for BCCI to step up. I know everyone is with me on this.

Question...just what frequency are you using to jam Senman's sarcasm detector?

SportingBD
September 8, 2017, 08:22 AM
Question:

The English Football league is the richest in the world.

So why do people still follow the international team?

I say this as senman pointed out that becuase of IPL people won't follow international matches?

Want to know why he thinks that.

SportingBD
September 8, 2017, 08:43 AM
Also!

Can the IPL compete with the proposed English T20 League?

Could that not turn into another English Football league? In terms of value.

Please don't say there isn't any interest or they don't get packed stadiums!
If you watched the T20 blast you would have seen most matches were packed.

SportingBD
September 8, 2017, 08:58 AM
If big companies like FB, Sky, Google, BT, etc own a T20 franchise..

Would it not easily out value most IPL teams?

If Sky and BT combine or any other broadcaster and pay billions for broadcast rights?

senman
September 8, 2017, 09:33 AM
Question:

The English Football league is the richest in the world.

So why do people still follow the international team?

I say this as senman pointed out that becuase of IPL people won't follow international matches?

Want to know why he thinks that.
People follow players. Let us take the example of Messi. How many games Messi played for Argentina as opposed to Barca?
Have you heard of any player retiring from leagues to prolong their international career (including Messi)?

Now imagine Shakib ,head held high, lifting valuable IPL cup among sea of KnightRider supporters as opposed to wherever he is now.... what do you think is his proud moment? Want to take bet on which he will retire first, country or IPL?

Anyway IPL will have absolute monopoly and we will somehow collect the rightful debt which we were owed but denied.

You can watch IPL through subscription to Star Sports. We will try to recruit good Bengali commentators.

senman
September 8, 2017, 09:40 AM
If big companies like FB, Sky, Google, BT, etc own a T20 franchise..

Would it not easily out value most IPL teams?

If Sky and BT combine or any other broadcaster and pay billions for broadcast rights?
FB got out bid in IPL. We only got modest sum of 2.55 Bn $ which in my opinion is too low for the glorious IPL league but we will take it for now.

Competition is good for cricket all others combined should form a league called anti-IPL, may be Google will invest in it!! Who knows....

Night_wolf
September 8, 2017, 09:41 AM
yes of course..Sachin's proudest moment was lifting some t20 cup for bombay

SportingBD
September 8, 2017, 09:47 AM
People follow players. Let us take the example of Messi. How many games Messi played for Argentina as opposed to Barca?
Have you heard of any player retiring from leagues to prolong their international career (including Messi)?

Now imagine Shakib ,head held high, lifting valuable IPL cup among sea of KnightRider supporters as opposed to wherever he is now.... what do you think is his proud moment? Want to take bet on which he will retire first, country or IPL?

Anyway IPL will have absolute monopoly and we will somehow collect the rightful debt which we were owed but denied.

You can watch IPL through subscription to Star Sports. We will try to recruit good Bengali commentators.

Can you answer the question? Instead of diverting to something else please?

Irrespective of if messi/ronaldo etc play, how many people follow national team?

England, they don't have a messi or Ronald Type player, yet why do English fans follow the national team? Even though most of us know they are crap???

i hope it's not a difficult question to answer!

senman
September 8, 2017, 09:48 AM
yes of course..Sachin's proudest moment was lifting some t20 cup for bombay

One can have more than one proud moment you know!!! Sachin can pick and choose anything he wants but don't worry Shakib has IPL.

senman
September 8, 2017, 09:52 AM
Can you answer the question? Instead of diverting to something else please?

Irrespective of if messi/ronaldo etc play, how many people follow national team?

England, they don't have a messi or Ronald Type player, yet why do English fans follow the national team? Even though most of us know they are crap???

i hope it's not a difficult question to answer!
How many follow England team as opposed to Barc, Real or ManU? Give me numbers to do the comparison?

At one point ManU had 659Million supporters
Proof: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21478857

5tonne
September 8, 2017, 10:02 AM
If Bollywood survives IPL will survive too. And Bollywood is going nowhere. IPL is the best and worst thing ever happened to India after Bollywood.

SportingBD
September 8, 2017, 10:12 AM
How many follow England team as opposed to Barc, Real or ManU? Give me numbers to do the comparison?

At one point ManU had 659Million supporters
Proof: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21478857

You have proven that you're a genuine troll.
England football is shown on free to air channel (mainly BBC/ITV)
The numbers they usually have is HUGE.

I won't spend my time to prove that, as it's against a troll.

If you take MUFC! Not many people in U.K. Follow them! As there are different clubs with their own fan base etc.

They would most likely watch the highlights, and will most likely watch it if their club they support play! You can't compare that support base Vs the international team :facepalm:

mufi_02
September 8, 2017, 10:32 AM
IPL is the best and it will only get better. That $2.5B was kinda low for this glorious league.

It's the one league that will rule them all.

senman
September 8, 2017, 11:37 AM
IPL is the best and it will only get better. That $2.5B was kinda low for this glorious league.

It's the one league that will rule them all.

Finally a believer of TRUTH in BD forum :up:

The ultimate aim should be perfect monopoly and to make bankrupt that backstabbing organization, ICC.

horizon
September 8, 2017, 12:39 PM
I don't think comparison with international football is valid anymore. Both international football and league matches are essentially 90 minutes matches. T-20 is a concise format that has obvious marketing advantage over both other formats. No one has a day to dedicate to a game to follow and watch. The newer generation will have even less time to follow cricket. Anything beyond t20 will probably be stuck in our generation.

Yankees
September 8, 2017, 02:11 PM
Also!

Could that not turn into another English Football league? In terms of value.

Interesting questions and before I answer, let's think about the countries that play and/or follow cricket. We agree there are 12 full member teams. If you break it down:

Countries where cricket is most popular sport: IND, BAN, PAK, SL, AUS, AFG
Countries that play cricket AND are OECD countries: AUS, NZ, ENG, IRE.
Top 5 most populated countries that play cricket in order: IND, PAK, BAN, SA, AFG.
Test playing nations in the top 10 GDP: IND, ENG
Test playing nations in the bottom 100: ZIM, AFG

The above should show you just how unequal and uneven cricket is in the world. Out of the cricket most popular AND OECD nations, only Australia enjoys cricket as their primary sport. We have two nations in the top ten GDP playing in the same "league" as two nations in the bottom 100.

But more importantly, this shows the massive advantage India has when it comes to cricket: They are the most populated (by a HUGE MARGIN), cricket is the most popular sport, and while they are not an OECD nation, their population collectively put them in the top 10 in GDP. No other country enjoys such a massive advantage in the sport of cricket.

Based on this, to answer your question:
No, cricket following is massively skewed towards India as seen above.

Could that not turn into another English Football league?
No. If you look at the top English teams, they have massive following around the world. The EPL teams benefit from playing a global sport and are popular with most of the fans worldwide. It's not the english market that puts them in the top, its the world that puts them in the top.

For England T20 to out compete IPL, they would need to capture the viewership of most of the cricket fans in the world. Unfortunately for them, most of the cricket fans live in India. So English teams will have to win over the average Indian fan. Given india's intense nationalism, BCCI not letting Indian players play in foreign leagues, and lack of popularity or purchasing power in the other test playing countries, it's just not possible.

brockley
September 8, 2017, 02:29 PM
You find it a rare thing for countries to pick up IPL.
Remember no Pakistani players.
Oz which has the most foreigners hasn't had IPL for 7/8 years.
No where is it free online anymore.
Its mostly and I say mostly a local product,which is fine their is 1 billion Indians.
No way does it compete with English soccer.

Yankees
September 8, 2017, 02:36 PM
T20 is the future of cricket, and IPL as the biggest T20 league, will spearhead that future, whether you like it or not. Those of us who don't enjoy T20 (like me), just enjoy what little TEST and ODI we get now and be prepared for a bleak future.

However, what I find hilarious is the notion that IPL will somehow grow cricket's popularity. :lol::floor:
Cricket's "growth" has been pathetic. When a war torn country like AFG or a country with hyperinflation can be part of the 12-team exclusive club, that should tell you all you need to know about how little cricket has grown. All IPL will do is convert the people who would have watched Internationals otherwise.

horizon
September 8, 2017, 03:00 PM
Interesting questions and before I answer, let's think about the countries that play and/or follow cricket. We agree there are 12 full member teams. If you break it down:

Countries where cricket is most popular sport: IND, BAN, PAK, SL, AUS, AFG
Countries that play cricket AND are OECD countries: AUS, NZ, ENG, IRE.
Top 5 most populated countries that play cricket in order: IND, PAK, BAN, SA, AFG.
Test playing nations in the top 10 GDP: IND, ENG
Test playing nations in the bottom 100: ZIM, AFG

The above should show you just how unequal and uneven cricket is in the world. Out of the cricket most popular AND OECD nations, only Australia enjoys cricket as their primary sport. We have two nations in the top ten GDP playing in the same "league" as two nations in the bottom 100.

But more importantly, this shows the massive advantage India has when it comes to cricket: They are the most populated (by a HUGE MARGIN), cricket is the most popular sport, and while they are not an OECD nation, their population collectively put them in the top 10 in GDP. No other country enjoys such a massive advantage in the sport of cricket.

Based on this, to answer your question:
No, cricket following is massively skewed towards India as seen above.

Could that not turn into another English Football league?
No. If you look at the top English teams, they have massive following around the world. The EPL teams benefit from playing a global sport and are popular with most of the fans worldwide. It's not the english market that puts them in the top, its the world that puts them in the top.

For England T20 to out compete IPL, they would need to capture the viewership of most of the cricket fans in the world. Unfortunately for them, most of the cricket fans live in India. So English teams will have to win over the average Indian fan. Given india's intense nationalism, BCCI not letting Indian players play in foreign leagues, and lack of popularity or purchasing power in the other test playing countries, it's just not possible.

You've left out 2 important facts on this.
#1 India is also the fastest growing among the pack, if you consider last 5 year growth rate. Indian economy doubles in a decade.
#2 Indians living in USA, UK and Australia on an average earn 10 times compared to Indians in India. They are also close followers of cricket and they are growing in number.

brockley
September 8, 2017, 04:41 PM
Yeh but we don't get it in Australia,not for 7 years.
And its not free anymore on the internet.
Does willow even carry it in the US.

mufi_02
September 8, 2017, 04:49 PM
I don't think ICC or World Cup are any challenge for IPL. The real competition for IPL is NFL or NBA. I think very soon IPL will overtake these leagues and will rule them all. Maybe Lebron James will quit basketball and start practicing some DLF Maximums and Tom Brady will take some Karbon Kamal catches.

The way indias economy is growing, it will surpass US and China combined.

brockley
September 8, 2017, 06:34 PM
There is some pretty elitist stuff being posted here for what is basically a domestic tournament.
BTW my previous comment Roy was a joke.

horizon
September 9, 2017, 12:00 AM
There is some pretty elitist stuff being posted here for what is basically a domestic tournament.
BTW my previous comment Roy was a joke.

The comparison runs against EPL, NFL, NBA and others are all domestic tournament! :)

Cricket4All
September 9, 2017, 12:22 AM
I don't think ICC or World Cup are any challenge for IPL. The real competition for IPL is NFL or NBA. I think very soon IPL will overtake these leagues and will rule them all. Maybe Lebron James will quit basketball and start practicing some DLF Maximums and Tom Brady will take some Karbon Kamal catches.

Sarcasm much?

It doesn't matter if INdian economy is growing at 8% per year as long as they don't change their "ancient culture" to distribute the growth equally. The chinese economy grew at 10% for last two decades and they were able to take 300 million poor chinese out of poverty due to not having social injustice part of their culture (read religion). Basically what I'm saying is a vast majority of indians would not have much disposable income even if their economy is growing at 8% per year.

senman
September 9, 2017, 06:20 AM

I don't know about US and China but we will be in Top 5 within a decade.

Maybe Lebron James wouldn't quit basketball but IPL can make every cricketer on the Planet to quit their Country job.

Current Title Sponsor is VIVO and not DLF. Please update yourself before trying sarcastic jokes.

Sarcasm much?

It doesn't matter if INdian economy is growing at 8% per year as long as they don't change their "ancient culture" to distribute the growth equally. The chinese economy grew at 10% for last two decades and they were able to take 300 million poor chinese out of poverty due to not having social injustice part of their culture (read religion). Basically what I'm saying is a vast majority of indians would not have much disposable income even if their economy is growing at 8% per year.

We will be in TOP 5 within a decade . IPL is already the no.1 Cricket league in the world.

You can check out the following link to buy much needed cream :
http://diabetesstore.com.bd/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=16995

DinRaat.
September 9, 2017, 07:19 AM
I don't know about US and China but we will be in Top 5 within a decade.

Maybe Lebron James wouldn't quit basketball but IPL can make every cricketer on the Planet to quit their Country job.

Current Title Sponsor is VIVO and not DLF. Please update yourself before trying sarcastic jokes.

We will be in TOP 5 within a decade . IPL is already the no.1 Cricket league in the world.

Trolls don't survive long in this forum.

Eclipse
September 9, 2017, 08:50 AM
Greatest show on earth.

aklemalp
September 9, 2017, 09:02 AM
Fruitful and meaningful discussions have been hijacked.

Carry on.

Cricket4All
September 9, 2017, 12:35 PM

India is ranked #131 in the world in "Human Development Index" and do not have a chance to break into top 100 countries within the next 10 years.

Link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index)

So I rest my case here.

PS: I'm pretty sure you're not capable to understand "Human Development Index" or your ancient culture can teach you to raise voice for social injustice.

Eclipse
September 9, 2017, 12:48 PM
India is ranked #131 in the world in "Human Development Index" and do not have a chance to break into top 100 countries within the next 5 years.

Link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index)

So I rest my case here.

PS: I'm pretty sure you're not capable to understand "Human Development Index" or your ancient culture can teach you to raise voice for social injustice.

What has social injustice got to do with this? Or am I missing something?

The combined purchasing power of Indian people is more than many first World countries in the world and it will just get better from here on.

Yes it will still take a long time for IPL to reach the level of nfl but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will never happen.

Yankees
September 9, 2017, 01:10 PM
This is sad. If you don't like IPL then do what I do and don't watch it. It's really that simple. There's no need to do all this mental gymnastics to try to put down a very successful money making tournament.

Those who are using IPL to troll and somehow think this is a reflection of India's superiority in the world, just know that IPL can't mask the massive social inequality and crippling poverty in India. So try to have some humility.

on topic: These are very impressive numbers from IPL and clear indication of what's to come. At the end of the day, Test cricket, ODI, T20 are all just entertainment. None of this is serious stuff. If people choose to watch T20 over the other formats, it doesn't mean cricket is dying, blah blah blah. It's just going a different direction that you don't like.

senman
September 9, 2017, 01:16 PM
India is ranked #131 in the world in "Human Development Index" and do not have a chance to break into top 100 countries within the next 10 years.

So I rest my case here.

Illiterate illegal immigrants are one of the cause for our low HDI index :( .

Don't worry with more leagues like IPL, we will bring more money and technology to invest in India creating direct/indirect jobs for the masses. Maybe slowly but surely we will raise towards top.

Capable people like yourself should help poor people like us to develop our HDI, you can do that by subscribing to premium service of IPL, you can also visit our poor stadiums and poorly attended IPL matches to boost our economy. Thank you.

senman
September 9, 2017, 01:17 PM
Trolls don't survive long in this forum.

Bhai please don't deactivate your account, I really do like your posts, Troll or otherwise.

NoName
September 9, 2017, 01:20 PM
Illiterate illegal immigrants are one of the cause for our low HDI index :( .

Hehe stop watching Fox News

DinRaat.
September 9, 2017, 07:49 PM
Can mods lock this thread, it has gone from a civilised discussion to a south east asian sh1t throwing fest.

Cricket4All
September 9, 2017, 11:59 PM
Capable people like yourself should help poor people like us to develop our HDI, you can do that by subscribing to premium service of IPL, you can also visit our poor stadiums and poorly attended IPL matches to boost our economy. Thank you.

I actually watch IPL sometimes on telly. I must admit that IPL as a product is good due to having UK-based International Management Group (IMG) as its event management company from the very beginning. BCCI was not able to produce such product on its own, but took the right decision to employ a world class event management company like IMG to make it a success.

I was wondering though why seven sisters region of India does not have a franchise in IPL even though it has about 10% of Indian land mass?

senman
September 10, 2017, 07:24 AM
I actually watch IPL sometimes on telly. I must admit that IPL as a product is good due to having UK-based International Management Group (IMG) as its event management company from the very beginning. BCCI was not able to produce such product on its own, but took the right decision to employ a world class event management company like IMG to make it a success.

I was wondering though why seven sisters region of India does not have a franchise in IPL even though it has about 10% of Indian land mass?
Thank you for agreeing that IPL is the BEST.

Allow me to educate you, India has 29 states and 7 Union territories. When IPL team auction takes place, franchise members are allowed to bid and choose the state they want to represent.

We also appreciate how an UK based organisation helped us to dominate cricket world. We may need them for few more years to complete our business objective, absolute monopoly over all other leagues. Already they instructed our IPL owners to invest in SA T20 global league to create competiton for BPL and PSL.

Cricket4All
September 10, 2017, 08:27 AM
^^ I DID NOT say that ipl is the best ! Read again.

Another thing. BPL will be competing with Global T20 (SA) , but not with IPL. Having only one local owner out of 8 franchise would eventually make Global T20 (SA) a high risk asset and may make this experiment a total failure unlike BPL, CPL & PSL where local owners would be able to find "product-market fit" for their business inherently which would make their product sustainable in the long run. However, BCB would probably need polish their product (BPL) a bit more by enhancing TV production, introducing home and away matches and adding viewership elements in the stadium in order to capture overseas audience (if that is part of their business plan).

senman
September 10, 2017, 09:43 AM
^^ I DID NOT say that ipl is the best ! Read again.

Another thing. BPL will be competing with Global T20 (SA) , but not with IPL. Having only one local owner out of 8 franchise would eventually make Global T20 (SA) a high risk asset and may make this experiment a total failure unlike BPL, CPL & PSL where local owners would be able to find "product-market fit" for their business inherently which would make their product sustainable in the long run. However, BCB would probably need polish their product (BPL) a bit more by enhancing TV production, introducing home and away matches and adding viewership elements in the stadium in order to capture overseas audience (if that is part of their business plan).

You are entitled to your opinion.

However what the majority of cricket fans all over the world consider watching is as follows:

1. IPL
2. ICC ODI world cup
3. ICC T20 World Cup
4. Indian team participating test matches/ tournaments
5. Ashes
6. BBL
7. Global T20 vs BPL (I think Global T 20 will win this due to the presence of IPL experienced owners)
8. Rest of the matches

IPL will make players take "Sabbatical " from their country duty but no players will skip IPL for their country, not anymore.

Yankees
September 10, 2017, 09:57 AM
You are entitled to your opinion.

However what the majority of cricket fans all over the world consider watching is as follows:

1. IPL
2. ICC ODI world cup
3. ICC T20 World Cup
4. Indian team participating test matches/ tournaments
5. Ashes
6. BBL
7. Global T20 vs BPL (I think Global T 20 will win this due to the presence of IPL experienced owners)
8. Rest of the matches

IPL will make players take "Sabbatical " from their country duty but no players will skip IPL for their country, not anymore.

I actually agree with you. Only because the majority of cricket fans in the world are Indian. And the average Indian fan doesn't want Test cricket, they want:
1) Lots of sixes
2) Half naked white girls dancing around that they can harass from the stands
3) Virat Kohli and his wannabe macho guy demeanor "Kya Hero hai yaar"
4) Loud noises and music and explosions that little boys around the world would feel was a bit much, but nonetheless delight grown Indian men.
5) Basically Bollywood version of cricket

senman
September 10, 2017, 10:28 AM
I actually agree with you. Only because the majority of cricket fans in the world are Indian. And the average Indian fan doesn't want Test cricket, they want:
1) Lots of sixes
2) Half naked white girls dancing around that they can harass from the stands
3) Virat Kohli and his wannabe macho guy demeanor "Kya Hero hai yaar"
4) Loud noises and music and explosions that little boys around the world would feel was a bit much, but nonetheless delight grown Indian men.
5) Basically Bollywood version of cricket

Indian people, boys and girls, like to concentrate on cricket. City based rivalry is pretty big here.

The dancing girls, macho men, Bollywoodization and loud noises that even little boys feels a bit much are for our overseas viewers. Our business model is to give something for everyone. while Indians concentrate only on cricket, we need to offer something for people like you and it seems to be working!!! Bravo IPL administrators.

Thank you for watching IPL and continued patronage. Sadly Star TV had said they are going to cut down the eccentrics in the coming season so you might find it difficult but don't worry, we will release previous season highlights in digital media for little bit of your money, you can watch macho men, dancing girls, Bollywood entertainment with loud noises that even kids feel too much.

Yankees
September 10, 2017, 10:35 AM
Indian people, boys and girls, like to concentrate on cricket. City based rivalry is pretty big here.

The dancing girls, macho men, Bollywoodization and loud noises that even little boys feels a bit much are for our overseas viewers. Our business model is to give something for everyone. while Indians concentrate only on cricket, we need to offer something for people like you and it seems to be working!!! Bravo IPL administrators.

Thank you for watching IPL and continued patronage. Sadly Star TV had said they are going to cut down the eccentrics in the coming season so you might find it difficult but don't worry, we will release previous season highlights in digital media for little bit of your money, you can watch macho men, dancing girls, Bollywood entertainment with loud noises that even kids feel too much.

:lol::lol: you need better comebacks dude. A for effort though. I'll just leave this here while I'm at it:

http://indianexpress.com/article/trending/hate-being-ogled-all-the-time-ipl-cheerleaders-tells-all-in-reddit-ama/

senman
September 10, 2017, 10:47 AM
:lol::lol: you need better comebacks dude. A for effort though. I'll just leave this here while I'm at it:

http://indianexpress.com/article/trending/hate-being-ogled-all-the-time-ipl-cheerleaders-tells-all-in-reddit-ama/
Obviously we can't control all of our tourists. Since Star Tv is going to make sure extra curricular activities are minimum this year, we may miss your frequent visits to our stadiums :( the loss of few 1000 bucks is going to cause big loss for $5.3 billion valued IPL.:-|

Yankees
September 10, 2017, 10:54 AM
"I know you are, but what am I?" -senman

DinRaat.
September 10, 2017, 11:04 AM
Obviously we can't control all of our tourists. Since Star Tv is going to make sure extra curricular activities are minimum this year, we may miss your frequent visits to our stadiums :( the loss of few 1000 bucks is going to cause big loss for $5.3 billion valued IPL.:-|

Change your username,it has a striking resemblance to the word "semen"

aklemalp
September 10, 2017, 11:24 AM
This thread lost all my respect when it stated clearly in the title "dollors" instead of "dollars"

Who knows, maybe:

1 dollar = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 dollors :D

Yankees
September 10, 2017, 11:46 AM
This thread lost all my respect when it stated clearly in the title "dollors" instead of "dollars"

Who knows, maybe:

1 dollar = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 dollors :D

BCCI so rich, it created its own currency :lol::lol:

senman
September 11, 2017, 12:07 PM
Change your username,it has a striking resemblance to the word "semen"
I thought you were a man. Forgive me if I offended you sister.

senman
September 11, 2017, 12:11 PM
Laugh all you want guys but when your best players skips Country for IPL we will have the last laugh.

horizon
September 11, 2017, 12:41 PM
^ Please guys stop meaningless fights. The topic of this thread is to discuss positives/negatives/opinions about IPL's high price. Please stay on topic.

SportingBD
September 11, 2017, 01:10 PM
Laugh all you want guys but when your best players skips Country for IPL we will have the last laugh.

So IPL is here to destroy world cricket? to kill of the beautiful game?

So we won't have country matches any more? the rivalry of England & Australia?
The Pakistan & India rivalry?

The uprise of Bangladesh cricket team?

So IPL is trying to kill all this? is that what you are trying to indicate?
Please preferring IPL over country?

How sad it is? how will the world view BCCI? When it kills off cricket?

brockley
September 11, 2017, 03:45 PM
Senmen your view is beligerant and unacceptable.
I say lock the thread,this has gone off the rails.

aklemalp
September 11, 2017, 05:55 PM
No wonder that Equinox bhai say that this forum "has gone to the dogs".

Mods, please lock it now...if you want. It's gone beyond fixing.