View Full Version : Rahim needs the sack

tiger1000
September 5, 2017, 04:59 AM
This is pathetic

No fielders protecting singles, no pressure, delayed bowling changes

What a joke

Mas_UK25
September 5, 2017, 05:09 AM
just figured that out now? Lot of us don't bother anymore, about his captaincy. It's like a slow painful silent death!

This mental midget will last till our grandkids had kids.

MHRAM
September 5, 2017, 05:11 AM
Also get rid of Walsh while you are at it
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

tiger1000
September 5, 2017, 05:13 AM
just figured that out now? Lot of us don't bother anymore, about his captaincy. It's like a slow painful silent death!

This mental midget will last till our grandkids had kids.

I said years ago

But recently some pretend he's improved

Just a reminder

Night_wolf
September 5, 2017, 05:16 AM
he needed the sack like 5 years ago, now it'll be hard to sack him specially after some good test wins

you know,I know that his captaincy in these wins had little to nothing contribution. but mango people either dont know or dont want to acknowledge

DinRaat.
September 5, 2017, 05:23 AM
he needed the sack like 5 years ago, now it'll be hard to sack him specially after some good test wins

you know,I know that his captaincy in these wins had little to nothing contribution. but mango people either dont know or dont want to acknowledge

Half the people in BD don`t know jack about cricket, they just go with the flow like sheep. If Rahim is sacked, watch out for widespread hunger strikes and riots on the streets.

Mas_UK25
September 5, 2017, 05:39 AM
Half the people in BD don`t know jack about cricket, they just go with the flow like sheep. If Rahim is sacked, watch out for widespread hunger strikes and riots on the streets.

I don't think people will riot, rather be happy his gone as captain. Only his blind followers will show unhappiness but that's a little minor amount.

He has not learnt the craft as captain, all these years.
When to bowling change, who to bowl at the correct ends, what field to set for each bowlers or according to situations, when to bring on pacers (in his own world if he could play 5spinners he would've).

He is too comfortable in life as captain of the test side, things going well with the bat and has the backing of many so you know it's bit too comfy, to worry about anything. He is so so in his own box when he's captaining out there in the field, never thinks out of the box to make a thing happen out of nothing instead for the longest times he waits for the opponent to make mistake.

MHRAM
September 5, 2017, 05:54 AM
Tamim Should be made the captain but it's difficult to sack a captain especially when a team as a whole is improving and captain himself has been excellent as a player

Vahroone
September 5, 2017, 08:29 AM
Every second thread calls for a sacking.

Too trigger happy.

tiger1000
September 5, 2017, 08:54 AM
Every second thread calls for a sacking.

Too trigger happy.

Him and Walsh need the sack, certainly not too trigger happy, they've been poor for their whole stint, this isn't a knee jerk reaction, everyone has been saying they should be both sacked for a while and even after we win

We won despite of them holding us back

roman
September 5, 2017, 09:55 AM
Pretty soon he will become our ODI captain. Its coming folks!

Night_wolf
September 5, 2017, 10:18 AM
Pretty soon he will become our ODI captain. Its coming folks!

he was the odi captain and was saced, dont think we are going back to that route. on contrary i think whoever becomes captain after mash, if he is successful will replace mushy in tests

roman
September 5, 2017, 10:24 AM
^Hope so too but I am preparing myself for the worst

Night_wolf
September 5, 2017, 10:37 AM
Him and Walsh need the sack, certainly not too trigger happy, they've been poor for their whole stint, this isn't a knee jerk reaction, everyone has been saying they should be both sacked for a while and even after we win

We won despite of them holding us back

no point replying to guys who dont follow BD cricket and dont know the context of the thread. wasting your time

Yankees
September 5, 2017, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately Mushy has extended his captaincy for the next 20 games after the first game.

Somebody had posted a thread about how we needed to lose the first test and they were right. That 20 run win may have arrested our development in the long run.

Yankees
September 5, 2017, 10:56 AM
he was the odi captain and was saced, dont think we are going back to that route. on contrary i think whoever becomes captain after mash, if he is successful will replace mushy in tests

I think the next ODI captain will be Shakib since he's already T20 captain. And he should be our Test captain as well.

He was given captaincy too early in his life the first time around, but he seems to have matured a lot over the years. I think this is our best short-term option.

patriot
September 5, 2017, 11:04 AM
Can think of ten guys ahead of Mushy that deserve the sack. How about we start with Papon first.

Haradhon
September 5, 2017, 11:20 AM
Who do you want to replace Mushy with? His replacements are Shakib (talented but impulsive), Tamim (same as Shakib), Mahmudullah (inconsistent with bat) and the pool B is: Imrul (X), Liton Das (I haven't seen enough of him), Nasir (not consistent), Mehedy ( 5 years down the line if he improves his batting). I would not call Mushy talented but he is hard-working and his batting is still an asset for us. So keep him but groom someone: MEHEDY

tiger1000
September 5, 2017, 11:26 AM
Who do you want to replace Mushy with? His replacements are Shakib (talented but impulsive), Tamim (same as Shakib), Mahmudullah (inconsistent with bat) and the pool B is: Imrul (X), Liton Das (I haven't seen enough of him), Nasir (not consistent), Mehedy ( 5 years down the line if he improves his batting). I would not call Mushy talented but he is hard-working and his batting is still an asset for us. So keep him but groom someone: MEHEDY

Give it tamim or Shakib

No one is asking to replace mushfiq the player, sack him as captain

He's super talented, what are you on about, he's a massive underachiever all his career barring past few years where he's stepped it up, but his captaincy is awful

bujhee kom
September 5, 2017, 11:44 AM
I love and admire Mushfiqur but he is pissing me off big time!

aklemalp
September 5, 2017, 11:49 AM
A sack of grains he needs

Jadukor
September 5, 2017, 01:18 PM
No need to call him a midget. That is not a criticism on his cricketing decisions. That is a personal insult that only shows your lack of class as a fan. I hate his captaincy but he is one of OUR players and a good player for the tigers. He deserves better than this

godzilla
September 5, 2017, 03:38 PM
I love and admire Mushfiqur but he is pissing me off big time!

When BK is pissed, you know that Mushy needs to go :D

Roy_1
September 5, 2017, 04:07 PM
No need to call him a midget.

Agreed, but can we call him Hobbit at least ? :D

Sorry dada, couldn't resist :big_hug:

aklemalp
September 5, 2017, 04:10 PM
Already the most successful test captain for BD.

You guys know how proud of a feeling that is.

How many teams would die to have a captain of his leadership skills and expertise?

Roy_1
September 5, 2017, 04:12 PM
How many teams would die to have a captain of his leadership skills and expertise?

0 to be exact >:)

SportingBD
September 5, 2017, 04:35 PM
Sucks at captaincy. Sucks at wicket keeping (keeps Liton* out of the team, feels insecure)

*Kept Anamul out of the team in the past as he felt insecure someone taking over is WK role.

Only thing his good at is his batting...

Any team, barring Bangladesh.. if they had him.. they would vomit the hell out..

aklemalp
September 5, 2017, 04:42 PM
Sucks at captaincy. Sucks at wicket keeping (keeps Liton* out of the team, feels insecure)

*Kept Anamul out of the team in the past as he felt insecure someone taking over is WK role.

Only thing his good at is his batting...

Any team, barring Bangladesh.. if they had him.. they would vomit the hell out..

Can't you detect sarcasm or not?

SportingBD
September 5, 2017, 04:43 PM
Can't you detect sarcasm or not?

No. Because it's Mushfiqur Rahim.

bujhee kom
September 5, 2017, 04:44 PM
When BK is pissed, you know that Mushy needs to go :D

Hehe...Godjilla...Do you live in Japan?

And while we are on the subject of Mushfiqur's sack, I must also add that although he is really messing things up as a captain and he is wasting plenty of chances behind the wicket - Mushfiqur Rahim is indeed one of the most prolific, technically sound, reliable, and only world class batsman that Bangladesh ever produced other than Tamim Iqbal.

godzilla
September 5, 2017, 05:30 PM

And while we are on the subject of Mushfiqur's sack, I must also add that although he is really messing things up as a captain and he is wasting plenty of chances behind the wicket - Mushfiqur Rahim is indeed one of the most prolific, technically sound, reliable, and only world class batsman that Bangladesh ever produced other than Tamim Iqbal.

No sir, Canada. But yea, Captaincy wise = zero talent. Batsmen wise = plenty of talent.

jabbar
September 5, 2017, 05:44 PM
What we need.from Musfique is good captaincy and good keeping. If he cannot captain, a succession plan for next captain needs to be enacted. If he cannot keep, bring in Liton and get him Test hardened.

His batting is great and we love him for it, but really his captaincy and keeping are more important. The other batsmen not performing consistently such as Sabbir, Soumya, Imrul and Nassir need to step up . Can't keep putting everything on Mushy's little shoulders.

Yankees
September 5, 2017, 05:49 PM
I really think we should give captaincy to Shakib. And then in 4 years time, we can hand it over to Miraz.

Zeeshan
September 5, 2017, 05:51 PM
Someone out there, somewhere is quietly sitting in his motel 6 suite, waxing his mustache and smirking....this would be his dream thread.

aklemalp
September 5, 2017, 05:53 PM
Someone out there, somewhere is quietly sitting in his motel 6 suite, waxing his mustache and smirking....this would be his dream thread.

Haha... I sense an album coming out, with collaborations of course.

Zeeshan
September 5, 2017, 05:55 PM
I really think we should give captaincy to Shakib. And then in 4 years time, we can hand it over to Miraz.

Most mainstream people aren't ready for an introverted aloof alpha male rest from the pack citing "attitude issues". They'd rather have a go-to people person who makes them feel "comfortable" and "one of them".

By the way strongly disagree with Miraz. In my humble opinion, good player doesn't always have good leadership skills. Mashrafe, Tamim, Shakib, Mushy all do have it. Riyad probably don't possess it. Ideally you would want someone like Shamim pulling the strings from behind the scenes.

cricket_king
September 5, 2017, 08:25 PM
Probably time Shakib/Tamim took over, though I worry about their personal performances if they are to take the reigns off Mushy. Mushy's a hopeless captain but still manages to outperform all other batsmen whilst being the Captain and Keeper, too. Doubtful as to whether or not Shakib/Tamim can do the same.

DinRaat.
September 5, 2017, 08:29 PM
Sabbir can Wicket keep right.

aklemalp
September 5, 2017, 08:30 PM
^^ when was that?
Is he any good?

But then again, you have only started following BD cricket only a few years now

Night_wolf
September 5, 2017, 08:53 PM

we had the same plan with shakib and nasir..4 years in to the future and nasir cant find a spot in the team

Haradhon
September 5, 2017, 08:58 PM
OK, folks, if we have a good spell today in the morning and take 3/4 wickets before lunch, would you still be talking about sacking Mushy?

Yankees
September 5, 2017, 09:21 PM
OK, folks, if we have a good spell today in the morning and take 3/4 wickets before lunch, would you still be talking about sacking Mushy?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!

roman
September 5, 2017, 10:18 PM

Yes.

I do not like Mushy the wicket keeper. I do not like Mushy the captain. But i love mushy the batsman.

Jadukor
September 5, 2017, 10:56 PM

Yes. Just look at the comparison. We played 113 overs and scored only 300 even when we made first use of the pitch and enjoyed the best of batting conditions. It is because Smith the captain didn't allow us to take singles on this flat deck. He kept the discipline and the pressure up throughout the innings even though his bowlers were under extreme conditions. We gave away 225 in 65 overs... we neither took wickets nor attempted to choke the runs. Warner scored just 4 boundaries.. thats hell of a lot of runs in singles that we allowed.

ReZ_1
September 5, 2017, 11:25 PM
...But Papon would say.. under Mushy we had the greatest success in test cricket...

------------------------Period------------------------------

jeesh
September 6, 2017, 01:10 AM
Two things will save Mushfiq.

1) Suppose this test match ends up in a draw, Bangladesh has beaten Australia in a test series. Heck even if they lose, its still a drawn test series which is impressive.
2) Lack of alternatives. Shakib is the next best option, not necessarily the best captain.

reyme
September 6, 2017, 02:23 AM
Lack of alternatives? What does he do anyways?

Just let the coach script the match.

reyme
September 6, 2017, 02:24 AM
The batsmen were so tired, yet he sends all the fielders to the boundary line. Utter clueless.

MHRAM
September 6, 2017, 02:55 AM
He brought the field up right now and the runs have dried up!

Why did the noob not so that yesterday? Pathetic

DinRaat.
September 6, 2017, 03:08 AM

Yea but, in Japan he is referred to as Gojira

Yankees
September 6, 2017, 03:17 AM
Yea but, in Japan he is referred to as Gojira

It's Gojira-san. show some respect. :lol:

Jadukor
September 6, 2017, 03:24 AM
he does need the sack, to finally make some ballsy decisions in this test match

tiger1000
September 6, 2017, 03:53 AM

Yes, everyone has talked about it when we've won, I repeat we've won despite of poor captaincy of rahim, despite of Walsh, despite of poor selection

MHRAM
September 6, 2017, 03:58 AM
Better team selection, captaincy, and shuffling of LHB would have definitely help us win the game, but ALAS!

oronnya
September 6, 2017, 07:20 AM
Why do you guys always blame Mushy? I think when it comes to test captaincy everyone in our team has the similar approach. None is more qualified than Mushy. It actually not only Mushy who captains, Shakib-Tamim gets equally involved. All three of these senior players takes the decision together on field and I don't see anything different to happen under Shakib or Tamim. They are not Mash. We have to wait long to get a Mash quality captain in test. For now stick with Mushy as nothing will change if you sack him rather it will create too much pressure on Shakib-Tamim. I don't think either of these two are capable of taking those extra pressure.

shakibrulz
September 6, 2017, 07:26 AM
Already the most successful test captain for BD.

You guys know how proud of a feeling that is.

Correlation =/= causation though. Anyone who's watched Mushy's capitaincy, even in the matches which were won, wouldn't say he was good at all. His captaincy is generally poor and it'd be better if he's replaced (but with whom is another question). It's not knee jerk.

tiger1000
September 6, 2017, 07:57 AM
Correlation =/= causation though. Anyone who's watched Mushy's capitaincy, even in the matches which were won, wouldn't say he was good at all. His captaincy is generally poor and it'd be better if he's replaced (but with whom is another question). It's not knee jerk.

Sarcasm man

simon
September 6, 2017, 10:02 AM
Yes Mushy is defensive, his bowler rotation is not good but
He leads from the front with the bat
his glove work has improved a lot
He is sharp with reviews

So for me he just needs to become more attacking, that's all.

imtiaz82
September 6, 2017, 02:39 PM
Warner on field setting:

“You pretty much felt in from ball one with the fields that they set; they didn't really have any attacking men around the bat compared to last game. It allowed me just to rotate the strike and not really have any need to leave the crease all the time."

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/cricket/fields-made-me-feel-set-1458481

:facepalm: How long does it take a person to understand the basics of the game! Mushy seems to have learnt nothing from time when he had to step down after a horrendous Zimbabwe tour.

tiger1000
September 6, 2017, 02:52 PM
Yes Mushy is defensive, his bowler rotation is not good but
He leads from the front with the bat
his glove work has improved a lot
He is sharp with reviews

So for me he just needs to become more attacking, that's all.

This logic is flawed

He leads from the front with the bat, yes, but you don't need to be a captain to do that

His keeping has improved but it's not any better than Litton and certainly miles behind Nurul

He's got 2 right and 8 wrong with the reviews when Smith is going at 50%

Mushfiq has no basic understanding of captaincy, he's not even a good defensive captain, cook was a good defensive captain, so no it's not simply him needing to be more aggressive, he can't understand the flow of the game, he doesn't understand the bowlers needed in particular time, he doesn't understand how to manage a bowlers spell, he can't set a good field, he doesnt have the basic understanding of how to set up a wicket

A good number of posters would be better captains than him ffs

Max100
September 6, 2017, 03:42 PM
Yes.

I do not like Mushy the wicket keeper. I do not like Mushy the captain. But i love mushy the batsman.

i think so too

Max100
September 6, 2017, 03:43 PM
i think next captain will be miraz. he has lots of under 19 captaincy experience and he seems like level headed, or may be mominul-if he is regular again

5tonne
September 6, 2017, 10:30 PM
i think next captain will be miraz. he has lots of under 19 captaincy experience and he seems like level headed, or may be mominul-if he is regular again

Mominul will never be near the leadership group. Look at his body language. A lot of our fans have strange admiration for 'gobechara' type personalities ie. Mominul, Mahmudullah.

Roey Haque
September 7, 2017, 08:54 PM
Total garbage. I bet he is quite content drawing the series. Uninspiring piece of trash.

Zeeshan
September 7, 2017, 09:51 PM
Thank you. ^^^

We needed to hear this. It's about time.

Jadukor
September 7, 2017, 10:11 PM
Warner on field setting:

“You pretty much felt in from ball one with the fields that they set; they didn't really have any attacking men around the bat compared to last game. It allowed me just to rotate the strike and not really have any need to leave the crease all the time."

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/cricket/fields-made-me-feel-set-1458481

:facepalm: How long does it take a person to understand the basics of the game! Mushy seems to have learnt nothing from time when he had to step down after a horrendous Zimbabwe tour.
We were screaming about this in the match threads. I hope all major news paper highlights Warner's comments and we can get rid of mushfiq the captain for good.

roman
September 7, 2017, 10:30 PM
We were screaming about this in the match threads. I hope all major news paper highlights Warner's comments and we can get rid of mushfiq the captain for good.

So far havent seen a single newspaper highlighting this. They are busy glorifying the series draw against mighty Australia. So jeu lau shei kodu

al Furqaan
September 7, 2017, 11:20 PM

correlation doesnt exclude cuasation either.

Look at smith's field settings...he had only 2 men around the bat when we were 70-5.

we like to think teams always employ 7 slips when that isnt true except in Roey's wet dreams.

Rahims captaincy was terrible up till the 2015 SA series. thats when he started attacking because we had decent bowlers.

if it was all about having 5 slips, India would have won an overseas test in the last 3 years by now. they only play like a hundrerd every year.

DinRaat.
September 7, 2017, 11:34 PM
Wow, if BDeshi's are so happy with the draw, I don't think they should play competitive sports, you shouldn't settle on mediocrity.

MHRAM
September 7, 2017, 11:45 PM
Instead of commenting lets see the actual scenario. Like A F bhai said, Mushy's captaincy has improved over the years. We saw aggressive field settings in 2015 vs SA. However, we did see mushy relapse to his old state.

This was the case on the 2nd day, which allowed Warner and Renshaw to get Aus to 225-2, but on the 3rd day Rahim was far more proactive which allowed us to get the next 8 wickets for 150 runs

al Furqaan
September 8, 2017, 12:08 AM
why do you think Mushy magically became proactive on day 3? its because the pitch started turning.

you can change captains but Shakib, Tamim wont be any better. mash perhaps but hes retired. just have to wait till Miraz is ready.

bigger issue is picking guys like Imrul Sabbir and playing them out of position and not playing Mominul. also have the wrong guy at slips and bat pad catchers that suck.

Shadow
September 8, 2017, 12:51 AM
Mushfiqur has to attend Brendon McCullum's captaincy coaching school.

tiger1000
September 8, 2017, 03:59 AM
Mushfiqur has to attend Brendon McCullum's captaincy coaching school.

He hasn't learnt anything under mashrafe, he's a lost hope

tiger1000
September 8, 2017, 04:01 AM
Wow, if BDeshi's are so happy with the draw, I don't think they should play competitive sports, you shouldn't settle on mediocrity.

You know so little about our cricket/all cricket it's amazing

It's like saying a Crystal Palace shouldn't be happy with a top 10 finish because they didn't win the league

tiger1000
September 8, 2017, 04:09 AM
correlation doesnt exclude cuasation either.

Look at smith's field settings...he had only 2 men around the bat when we were 70-5.

we like to think teams always employ 7 slips when that isnt true except in Roey's wet dreams.

Rahims captaincy was terrible up till the 2015 SA series. thats when he started attacking because we had decent bowlers.

if it was all about having 5 slips, India would have won an overseas test in the last 3 years by now. they only play like a hundrerd every year.

Our players can't rotate strike, no pressure to block off singles, Australia do just that

DinRaat.
September 8, 2017, 04:23 AM
You know so little about our cricket/all cricket it's amazing

It's like saying a Crystal Palace shouldn't be happy with a top 10 finish because they didn't win the league

Your happy drawing against a team that is garbage in the SC and has been beaten left right and centre by all other S.C teams other than Bangladesh.

BD should atleast be able to beat Australia at home in a series, whats even worse is that they fielded a B team, bar the likes of Smith and Warner, yet we still couldn't get a series sweep, meanwhile the PM gives all the players a bonus of 2 crore.

tiger1000
September 8, 2017, 05:55 AM
Your happy drawing against a team that is garbage in the SC and has been beaten left right and centre by all other S.C teams other than Bangladesh.

BD should atleast be able to beat Australia at home in a series, whats even worse is that they fielded a B team, bar the likes of Smith and Warner, yet we still couldn't get a series sweep, meanwhile the PM gives all the players a bonus of 2 crore.

We were never as good as other Asian teams before, Australia have had more practice are now better adapted playing in Asia as was evident them being competitive and winning a test vs India last year

Fielded a B team? What's their A team, barring an injured Starc, they don't have any other players that should be a lock on for the team

We won not a single test barring Zimbabwe and windies for the first 90 tests, now we are

From 1-0, yh would have liked another turner to win the series, but beforehand everyone would have taken a 1-1

I can't even tell if you're trolling or just don't understand cricket, I mean this with no offence but your posts make no sense

RealSports
September 8, 2017, 08:50 AM
The problem is that we don't really have any other choice to captain the test side. I don't understand why he gets so defensive because at the end of the day, Bangladesh has nothing to lose when it comes to tests. The vice-captain should always support Mushfiqur Rahim, but I don't really see that happening.

tiger1000
September 8, 2017, 08:52 AM
The problem is that we don't really have any other choice to captain the test side. I don't understand why he gets so defensive because at the end of the day, Bangladesh has nothing to lose when it comes to tests. The vice-captain should always support Mushfiqur Rahim, but I don't really see that happening.

When tamim takes over when mushfiq isn't keeping and off the field, he does one thing better than mushfiq and that is he realises his limitations, he asks Mehedi for field placement tips he asks Shakib for bowling changes tips

Mushfiq works on his own

5tonne
September 29, 2017, 04:01 AM
Sack that stupid Roeyhim!

Roey Haque
September 29, 2017, 04:44 AM
^ hahaha, I like it! What timing, just came back to the forum after months to see this. Anyway, I like it. Love me some wordplay.

But on topic: Yes, Mushfiqur Rahim should have been ousted years ago. And some of the abuse I am hearing about him now are way way worse than my simple con reference. It seems that the forum's tolerance to words change with how Mushfiqur's performance is on the field. Certainly, the window of opportunity to pile insults on the fraudster increases when he is doing badly. But this is precisely the problem. Because you see, it is not his performance, it is his attitude. The boys will never maximize their confidence with a lame duck like Rahim. I realized this years ago, and have been preaching my gospel. Y'all are still at the stage of getting mad at his performances. When you realize what a cancer this guy is to our team with just his existence, you will be praying for his sack too. I have been praying for it a long time, but the corrupt and inefficient BCB(even Isam says they are a bunch of hacks) are keeping him on.

tiger1000
September 29, 2017, 05:34 AM
You want him out of the team, this thread has been about his captaincy, that no one has ever supported, or majority have not anyway

Rinathq
September 29, 2017, 02:30 PM
Mushfiqur Rahim: I cant bat at 4 because I keep and I need a break before I can bat

Liton Das: Screw that, I will keep wickets for 150 overs and then go open the batting and smack a few against one of the best seam attacks in the world...

Thats the difference between a tiger and a crybaby...! I hope Liton performs better and keeps his spot...

_Rafi_
September 29, 2017, 05:24 PM
Mushfiqur Rahim: I cant bat at 4 because I keep and I need a break before I can bat

Liton Das: Screw that, I will keep wickets for 150 overs and then go open the batting and smack a few against one of the best seam attacks in the world...

Thats the difference between a tiger and a crybaby...! I hope Liton performs better and keeps his spot...

How was Liton Das today? Has he looked solid? or stil prone to playing legside too much?

Gowza
September 29, 2017, 05:43 PM
How was Liton Das today? Has he looked solid? or stil prone to playing legside too much?

Liton looked solid, still scoring a lot on the leg side, hit a nice straight drive but tbh mominul also scored a significant amount of his runs on the leg side to.

I think with liton it might be a confidence thing with his offside play, first ball he faced against rabada he hit into the covers but found the fielder, and it was a pretty decent ball and it was a pretty decent shot so he's got it in him, he has a nice straight drive. My worry is whether he has much of a cut shot, don't remember ever seeing him cut the ball, if he can play a decent cut shot then he'll get more offside scoring opportunities and put less pressure on himself.

Rana Melb
September 29, 2017, 06:20 PM
আমি এত বড় প্লেয়ার হইনি যে সাউথ আফ্রিকার মাটিতে টস জিতে আগে ব্যাটিং নেয়ার সাহস দেখাব -----বানীতে মুশফিকুর রহিম

BengaliPagol
September 29, 2017, 07:13 PM
who the hell cares if he scores majority of his runs on the leg side or not. Runs are runs ffs.

Gowza
September 29, 2017, 07:20 PM
who the hell cares if he scores majority of his runs on the leg side or not. Runs are runs ffs.

Exactly, if he can stay in and score runs then job done. Watch mominul's innings, he scored most of his runs legside but no one cares.

RealSports
September 29, 2017, 07:42 PM
What Mushy should do is to have 9 out of 11 players inside the inner circle for more than half the overs. Attack is the best form of defensive. First get wickets, and then you can start your defensive field settings should you need to.

Gowza
September 29, 2017, 07:50 PM
What I don't get is mushy is supposed to be educated, thought he made education a bit of a priority? If he values education and learning then he should be spending a lot of his spare time researching, discussing and just generally trying to become a better captain.

Fair enough at first if you're inexperienced you don't have much of an idea of how to captain but after this long he should now be a very solid captain. He should know all about the tactical side, fielding positions, he should know his bowlers and what works for them and what they can handle, he should understand weather and pitch conditions. Doesn't seem to of improved at all or if he has it's not a very big improvement.

DinRaat.
September 29, 2017, 07:55 PM
What I don't get is mushy is supposed to be educated, thought he made education a bit of a priority? If he values education and learning then he should be spending a lot of his spare time researching, discussing and just generally trying to become a better captain.

Fair enough at first if you're inexperienced you don't have much of an idea of how to captain but after this long he should now be a very solid captain. He should know all about the tactical side, fielding positions, he should know his bowlers and what works for them and what they can handle, he should understand weather and pitch conditions. Doesn't seem to of improved at all or if he has it's not a very big improvement.

I think it is more of a ceremonial degree, like the one James May from Top-gear got, at Lancaster University.

Gowza
September 29, 2017, 08:03 PM
I think it is more of a ceremonial degree, like the one James May from Top-gear got, at Lancaster University.

I could be recalling wrong, but maybe when he was about 18 I seem to remember him missing some national team matches or series' so he could finish some sort of educational course.

aklemalp
September 29, 2017, 08:08 PM
The dude has a masters in History.

Gowza
September 29, 2017, 08:14 PM
The dude has a masters in History.

See if he can get a masters in history then how come he hasn't been able to become at least a competent captain? As captain he should always be trying to improve himself as a cricketer, being able to get a masters degree suggests he's quite smart, so does he just have no motivation to improve as a captain? Is the workload too much? (Captain, keeper and batsman)

It just seems odd.

Max100
September 29, 2017, 09:08 PM
kick him out from captaincy. worthless captain

DinRaat.
September 29, 2017, 09:09 PM
No matter the degree, he is still a bad El-Capitan.

Shaan
September 30, 2017, 01:56 AM
i personally know many doctorate holders from friend circle and from acquaintances, frankly if you are not self educated enough those degrees doesn't reflects much on your behavior. Lots of people i know who are not well educated but they are very smart ones, equally very intelligent and well behaved.
now i don't know which category our captain belongs??

DinRaat.
September 30, 2017, 01:57 AM
i personally know many doctorate holders from friend circle and from acquaintances, frankly if you are not self educated enough those degrees doesn't reflects much on your behavior. Lots of people i know who are not well educated but they are very smart ones, equally very intelligent and well behaved.
now i don't know which category our captain belongs??

I seriously think it was a ceremonial degree. People are either street smart or book smart and frankly history has told us, it is always the former that is always successful.

tiger1000
September 30, 2017, 09:07 AM
Being educated does not mean you're a good leader and it certainly doesn't mean being tactically aware

Mehedi with the new ball over and over again

What a joke of a captain what a joke of a man

Before anyone attacks me for calling him a joke of a man, let me tell you, it takes a joke of a man to be so insecure and egotistical to not see his weakness and not let others take over, he refuses to own up to his short comings, complete embarrassment

Roey Haque
October 1, 2017, 10:47 PM
^ Exactly, have been saying this for years.

His presence is just evil.

tiger1000
October 2, 2017, 05:09 AM
^ Exactly, have been saying this for years.

His presence is just evil.

I'd still have him as a player, just not a captain

Fazal
October 2, 2017, 06:41 AM
I'd still have him as a player, just not a captain
.. yes. But as a captain he is a plain and simple gordhob...and gowar ..no politically correct way to say this.

Tausif
October 2, 2017, 07:19 AM
Mushfiq specializes in blaming others for his shortcomings and avoid taking responsibility. I will never forget the day when he said that they picked Soumya as a pacer after Shahadat got injured in a test :facepalm:

PoorFan
October 2, 2017, 07:23 AM
Its time to hand Shakib or Tamim the captaincy.

tiger1000
October 2, 2017, 09:39 AM
.. yes. But as a captain he is a plain and simple gordhob...and gowar ..no politically correct way to say this.

He's cowardly, a leader takes the blame when it isn't his a leader faces things full on

He does literally the opposite, I don't see who will respect him

Eclipse
October 2, 2017, 09:56 AM
It won't bring any change what so ever.

Our fast spinner won't magically learn to swing the ball if mushy gets replaced.

Our wanna be kohli won't magically grow a pair of brain if mushy gets replaced.

Mushy is a decent captain, not the best. But a captain is as good as his team. It's time for us to realise the fact that we are simply not good enough.

Even 15/20 years of experience in test cricket have taught us nothing.

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 09:56 AM
So little Roey posts.

Where yah at bruh?

simon
October 2, 2017, 12:04 PM
I wont be surprised if Mushy next match decides to bat on a bowling friendly wicket.

imtiaz82
October 5, 2017, 03:45 PM
It won't bring any change what so ever.

Our fast spinner won't magically learn to swing the ball if mushy gets replaced.

Our wanna be kohli won't magically grow a pair of brain if mushy gets replaced.

Mushy is a decent captain, not the best. But a captain is as good as his team. It's time for us to realise the fact that we are simply not good enough.

Even 15/20 years of experience in test cricket have taught us nothing.

I think it will bring a change, a good leader may not change an ordinary team to world beater overnight, but he can definitely bring the best out of the existing players. So instead of 300+ loosing margin, a closer loss and draw is possible.

Also, the team has improved a lot, from loosing virtually all test matches, we have now won against England, South Africa and Srilanka within 1 year. We cannot expect our team to start winning test matches in South Africa and Australia right away, even these teams struggle in sub continent pitches. How many times have we seen England or Aus beating India, Pak or Srilanka at their home grounds? and these countries have been playing cricket for a century and have the best infrastructure and domestic competition.

Bangladesh last toured South Africa 9 years back and we played without our best player. So it was obvious the team would struggle a bit.

Mushy should stay in the test team as a batsman and give the captaincy to Tamim or Shakib on the long run..

tiger1000
October 6, 2017, 06:03 AM
I wont be surprised if Mushy next match decides to bat on a bowling friendly wicket.

Hahaha or just do the same

5tonne
October 6, 2017, 06:07 AM
Batting or bowling, he is doomed. Lol.

tiger1000
October 6, 2017, 09:17 AM
Medium bowler must bowl stump to stump

Mushfiq the dumbass has set an offside field

His captaincy is beyond a joke

Match Adda
October 6, 2017, 09:29 AM
Musfiq playing his last test as a cat pain moron .... sack on the way for delivery

tiger1000
October 6, 2017, 09:46 AM
He's stood hiding in the boundary

DinRaat.
October 6, 2017, 10:08 AM
Musfiq playing his last test as a cat pain moron .... sack on the way for delivery

Khub Bhalo kotha bolsen bhai.

Eshen
October 6, 2017, 10:58 AM
Moonda: Fear ruling Mushfiqur's mind (http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20934771/fear-ruling-mushfiqur-mind)

Mushfiqur's mistakes started at the toss in Potchefstroom, when he chose to bowl on an obviously flat track. If he learnt anything from that, it did not show because he did exactly the same thing in Bloemfontein. This pitch has more pace and bounce than the Senwes Park one but it was still a bat-first surface. Faf du Plessis said as much moments after Mushfiqur had made the decision. His exact words were: "Nine times out of then, you would bat first here." Mushfiqur got to see what happens on that one other time.

That decision, based on fear not foresight, speaks volumes about the mental state of Bangladesh, or at least their captain. Even though they have become as competitive a team as almost anyone else at home, they don't yet trust themselves to do that in foreign conditions. After being bowled out for 90 last week, they probably trust themselves even less. Without Shakib al Hasan and Tamin Iqbal, they may not trust themselves at all. But self-belief will only come in time once they've proved they can do it and they need to be willing to put themselves in situations which are challenging and try to overcome them.

Instead of holding encouraging chats or mini-conferences to try and come up with creative plans to dislodge South Africa's openers, Mushfiqur spent a lot of time hidden at deep backward point, staring at the sky. He let Rubel bowl short and Taijul Islam invite the drive; he left the gap wide of mid-on that Aiden Markram pierced; he didn't put men around the bat or try to gee his fielders up on the boundary; he just let things happen.

To his credit, Mushfiqur was more involved in the third session. He stood closer in, he adjusted his fields, he spoke to his bowlers a lot more. But the damage had been done. And unless Bangladesh can embrace the idea of batting big and batting brave, something they should have done from ball one, that damage will be difficult to undo.

imtiaz82
October 6, 2017, 11:08 AM
I recall Mushy stepping down as captain after a disastrous Zim tour few years back... It's the board's fault in bringing him back as the skipper.

Also, for those who didn't watch the match, it's not just about South Africa scoring 400+, it's his body language in the field (very lethargic), defensive field placing, horrendous bowling change and providing no advises to the bowlers. On top of that he throws his team mates under the bus regularly in post match briefing.

Roni_uk
October 6, 2017, 11:10 AM
This guy is making tge mockery of Test matches

NoName
October 6, 2017, 11:52 AM
Lol the article would make Rahim cry in front of the media

Fazal
October 6, 2017, 12:18 PM
Lol the article would make Rahim cry in front of the media

So he will cry and demand apology from Moonda in his next press conference?

Kaan-te kaan-te shey bolbe Ami moondar moondu chai.

Krishna
October 6, 2017, 12:18 PM
Moonda: Fear ruling Mushfiqur's mind (http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20934771/fear-ruling-mushfiqur-mind)

And as usual a non Bangladeshi who has the courage to criticize our players when its due unlike our luluputu media which only suc#$ players a$$ and nurses them like babies. Unless we are in really realllly horrible form BD media don't becomes the critic. Before that they always fill the hype balloon before it finally blasts.

Eshen
October 6, 2017, 12:23 PM
[বাংলা]
‘টস জেতা ভুল হয়ে গেছে ভাই!’[/বাংলা] (http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1338611/%E2%80%98%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%B8-%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%AD%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%B2-%E0%A6%B9%E0%A7%9F%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%97%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%AD%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%87-%E2%80%99)

[বাংলা]হতাশ কণ্ঠে বাংলাদেশ টেস্ট অধিনায়ক তাই বললেন, ‘আমার তো মনে হচ্ছে টসে জেতাই ভুল হয়ে গেছে ভাই! অধিনায়ক হিসেবে চেষ্টা করছি সততার সঙ্গে সব পালন করতে। এ দুই টেস্টে মনে হচ্ছে টস হারলে ভালো হয়। আগে কখনো এটা মনে হয়নি! এটা হয়তো আমার ব্যক্তিগত ব্যর্থতা। হয়তো দলকে ওভাবে উৎসাহিত করতে পারছি না বা বোলারদের দিকনির্দেশনা করতে পারছি না। এটা আমার ব্যর্থতা। বোলাররা চেষ্টা করেছে, হয়নি।’

মুশফিকের কথার চাবুক থেকে রেহাই মেলেনি মোস্তাফিজদের, ‘আমার ব্যর্থতা বলতে পারেন। আমি হয়তো তাদের ঠিকঠাক বার্তা দিতে পারিনি। আমাদের যে বোলিং কোচ আছেন, তিনি তো আর নিজে বোলিং করতে পারবেন না। তিনি প্রায় প্রতিদিনই নেটে বোলিং করেন। তার একটা বল মিড অন-মিড অফে আমাদের ব্যাটসম্যানরা এখনো খেলতে পারে না! কেউ যদি এটা শিখতে না পারে, সেটা কাজে লাগতে না পারে, এটা শুধু ব্যর্থতাই বলব। অনেক বড় সুযোগ ছিল। মুভমেন্ট খুব একটা না থাকলেও অন্তত নতুন বলটা কাজে লাগাতে পারলে দ্রুত ২-৩ উইকেট পেয়ে যেতে পারতাম।’

কিপিং গ্লাভস জোড়া লিটনের হাতে তুলে দেওয়ার পর থেকে উইকেটের কাছাকাছি কোনো জায়গায় দাঁড়ান তিনি। অধিনায়কেরা সে রকমই দাঁড়ান সব সময়। কিন্তু আজ প্রথম দুই সেশনে মুশফিক ডিপ পয়েন্টের ফিল্ডার। এ নিয়ে তাঁর সোজাসাপ্টা জবাব, ‘একটা জিনিস পরিষ্কার করি, আমি ফিল্ডার হিসেবে খুব একটা ভালো না। আমার কোচরা চেয়েছেন বাইরে ফিল্ডিং করি। সামনে থাকলে আমার হাত থেকে নাকি রান হয়ে যায়। ক্যাচ উঠলে নাকি সুযোগ থাকে না ধরার। টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট যেটা বলবে, সেটাই তো করতে হবে। বেশির ভাগ সময়ই তাই থেকেছি বাইরে। মাঝেমধ্যে ভেতরেও থেকেছি। তখন চেষ্টা করেছি বোলারদের পরামর্শ দিতে।’[/বাংলা]

Fazal
October 6, 2017, 12:30 PM
He is joker. Doesn't have any self respect. Nor does he have any hesitation to divert blame at any cost.

The captain has some specific roles. If he is incapable to perform those roles (either for his own short coming or for external interference) he should have resigned from captaincy. But again its too much to ask from a guy who either have no backbone or self respect or both. He will continue to stay as long as he can... he will cry and he will blame others until it gets too ugly for everybody's concern.

nightwatchman
October 6, 2017, 12:53 PM
Feel bad for him..
he has a huge chip on his shoulder ..
It is a typical Bangladeshi mentality and we can't help it ...
Unfortunately the young players won't be learning anything from this great batsman but a failed leader and tactician

WarWolf
October 6, 2017, 01:19 PM
A person without backbone and self respect. He lost the moral strength to lead the team.

He is so pathetic that he even won’t be able to resign from captaincy. BCB should help him by forcing him to resign.

RealSports
October 6, 2017, 01:25 PM
Good person. Wonderful batsman. Very good cricketer. But his leadership skills is of the very worst. He's not captain material. Problem is though that there aren't too many alternatives available to lead the test side for the next five years. The only candidates I can think of are Riyad, Tamim, Shakib and maybe Mominul. I think it should go to Riyad, and maybe he might be more responsible with the bat. Have Mominul as vice-captain, so he can take over afterwards.

R0ssei
October 6, 2017, 01:59 PM
Yes, ideally Mullah should get it if he was anywhere consistent with the bat. Both Tamim and Mushy never seemed captain material to me and the later already proved that.

Re: Shakib, I always prefer an allrounder to be a captain. Allrounder > Batsman > Keeper > Bowler. Mash and Shakib are also the smartest BAN cricketers to me. But Shakib was tested before and failed. Let him do T20 first and we will see if he is ready to lead ODI and/or Test.

imtiaz82
October 6, 2017, 02:00 PM
Dressing room captaincy?

During the tour of Sri Lanka in March this year, the Bangladesh cricket team staged a memorable turnaround from a 259-run defeat in the first Test in Galle to win the second and square the series. After Galle, the players did some soul searching and fixed upon a tradition of holding a players-only meeting before each match, during which they would come up with their own ideas to solve problems they had faced on the field and this self-sufficient method bore fruit. It is not known if that approach has since been abandoned, but there was scant evidence of it having survived till their current tour of South Africa.

One might say that the decision to field first yet again was a surprise, but it really was not if one takes the state of mind of the team into account in light of the 333-run defeat in the first Test and Tamim Iqbal's absence. What followed was a show of confusion that seemed to infect all players on the field with the exception of Mustafizur Rahman. Subhasish Roy, Rubel Hossain and Taijul Islam – all part of the four changes brought to the team for the second Test – served up a buffet of half volleys, wayward lines and full tosses for Dean Elgar and Aiden Markram to feast upon. As in the first Test, Mustafizur seemed the only one who had a clue about the values of sticking to a certain line and length to frustrate the batsmen.

Presumably Rubel and Subhasish were searching for swing when they pitched the ball up, but even after numerous driven boundaries they, along with skipper Mushfiqur Rahim, failed to realise that it was not working. Unlike the team in Sri Lanka, this one had to go to the lunch break and, one assumes, be taught new tactics by the coaching staff. The new mode of attack was evidently a bouncer barrage, and that worked better than what they tried before lunch. It was again Mustafizur who showed the way. After Elgar reached an uncharacteristically quick hundred that said more about Bangladesh's bowling than any adventurism on the left-hander's part, he was bothered by Mustafizur's around-the-wicket bouncers, but Liton Das dropped a gloved pull behind the stumps.

Subhasish benefited from Mustafizur's persistence when a bouncer forced another false shot from Elgar and Mustafizur himself completed a fine, diving catch at fine leg. A few overs later, a barrage of bouncers from Rubel Hossain, followed by a fast, swinging yorker bowled Markram, who was pinned back by the series of short deliveries earlier that over. He had tried yorkers in the first session too, but they were often preceded by half volleys.

After tea, the bouncer efforts were redoubled, maybe upon further cajoling in the dressing room, and it almost produced another wicket. After a good delivery from Subhasish accounted for Temba Bavuma, a Mustafizur bouncer was uncomfortably hooked by Faf du Plessis in the air to fine leg, where a sprinting and diving Subhasish failed to get to the ball in time.

In the first two sessions, Mushfiqur seemed to have given up as he was seen for long spells positioned at the boundary and not marshalling the troops he had ordered into battle in the morning. Maybe he knew that the game for those sessions was up and was waiting for the interval for further instructions.

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/bangladesh-cricket/dressing-room-captaincy-1472656

One World
October 6, 2017, 02:45 PM
In St. Lucia 3 BD batsmen made centuries against Lara and Co forcing a much wanted draw.

Now step up and show us what is left of a Go-Boy.

al Furqaan
October 6, 2017, 10:44 PM
He is joker. Doesn't have any self respect. Nor does he have any hesitation to divert blame at any cost.

Now imagine the coach and selectors who are actually the puppet master behind all these fiascos. Things went from poor to terrible as soon as Hathu and Nannu got the juice to call all the shots.

Shakib mysteriosly skipping series, Mushy abandoning sinking ship...all seems an awful coincidence.

Tigers_eye
October 7, 2017, 06:52 AM
Just because they took the gloves away you can't captain? Why do you have to captain from the boundary? How do you captain from the boundary?

tiger1000
October 7, 2017, 02:51 PM
Just because they took the gloves away you can't captain? Why do you have to captain from the boundary? How do you captain from the boundary?

"I want to make something clear: I am not a good fielder. The coaches wanted me to field in the deep because they feel I give away runs or drop catches in the infield. I tried to abide by their instructions. You have to do what the team management tells you to do. I tried to field in the deep but whenever I was in the infield, I tried to speak to the bowlers."

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/bangladesh-cricket/mushfiqur-rahim-says-management-wants-me-away-infield-1472818

Fazal
October 7, 2017, 03:05 PM
If you not a good fielder, not a good captain (just a messenger of the coach according to you), no longer WK, not a reliable batsman in this series..cannot motivate your team...then why you are in the team? To pick up your young and new bolwers and abuse them in public?

Tigers_eye
October 7, 2017, 03:17 PM
^ Cause the selectors selected me, and BCB appointed me as a captain.

Eclipse
October 7, 2017, 05:27 PM
It's extremely sad that a player of mushy's caliber has become the prime target of some of our fickle minded fans and he's getting lots of flak for absolutely no reason what so ever.

He has been the best batsman of our team for quite some time now and easily one of the best batsmen Bangladesh has ever produced in the history of its cricket. How easily ppl have forgotten that he has been the backbone of our batting order for quite some time now.

Bangladesh is getting humiliated against staffers because our bowers r absolutely worthless. Pacers like fizz, taskin or spinners like mirza r extremely ordinary, still they were hyped up to the moon by the hype brigade.

Mushy may not be the brightest captain in the world but no captain in this world will be able to set correct fields for bowlers like taskin, miraz and shafiul. They bowl 2/3 boundary ball in every single over. Fizz can't swing or seam the ball. He's as good as a fast spinner in these conditions.
Mushy can't teach taskin how to maintain a tight line nor can he teach fizz to swing the ball.

When this is the quality of the bowers of a team, that team is expected to get hammered in test. Even the greatest captain of this universe won't be able to change that.

Fazal
October 7, 2017, 08:07 PM
Bangladesh is getting humiliated against staffers because our bowers r absolutely worthless.

Stop this nonsense. You are better than that. Its not only the bowlers why we are loosing like series like that. Its because of captaincy, batting, bowling all combined. Just making our bowling as scapegoat is not going to sell to the fans. Mushfiq's team cannot survive half day of 2nd day batting and you are trying sell us snake oil that its all bowler's fault.

Are you really watchhing the game? or you are watching your team India playing Australia and make random comments about Ban-SA?

DinRaat.
October 7, 2017, 08:11 PM
It's extremely sad that a player of mushy's caliber has become the prime target of some of our fickle minded fans and he's getting lots of flak for absolutely no reason what so ever.

He has been the best batsman of our team for quite some time now and easily one of the best batsmen Bangladesh has ever produced in the history of its cricket. How easily ppl have forgotten that he has been the backbone of our batting order for quite some time now.

Bangladesh is getting humiliated against staffers because our bowers r absolutely worthless. Pacers like fizz, taskin or spinners like mirza r extremely ordinary, still they were hyped up to the moon by the hype brigade.

Mushy may not be the brightest captain in the world but no captain in this world will be able to set correct fields for bowlers like taskin, miraz and shafiul. They bowl 2/3 boundary ball in every single over. Fizz can't swing or seam the ball. He's as good as a fast spinner in these conditions.
Mushy can't teach taskin how to maintain a tight line nor can he teach fizz to swing the ball.

When this is the quality of the bowers of a team, that team is expected to get hammered in test. Even the greatest captain of this universe won't be able to change that.

Isn't Bhuvneshwar Kumar the fastest spinner.

Roy_1
October 7, 2017, 09:18 PM
Isn't Bhuvneshwar Kumar the fastest spinner.

Bhuvi is a vastly improved bowler now, bowling faster than what Amir and Co doing in UAE, can easily clock 140+ kmh, dare I say he is one of the best limited over bowlers in the world right now. You do not have to belittle others to make a point.

Ontopic, please sack the crap out of Mushy

Roy_1
October 7, 2017, 09:23 PM

Mushy is a uber pathetic captain and a cry baby off the field, he deserves all the flak that he is receiving. He is a decent batter but that doesn't make up for the glaring weaknesses he has as a captain.

godzilla
October 7, 2017, 09:56 PM
This is some enternaining circus right here ... haha. CAn't wait for the ODI series. Can't be worst than what's going on atm.

5tonne
October 7, 2017, 11:21 PM
Mushfiq losing captaincy?

অধিনায়কত্ব হারাচ্ছেন মুশফিক!

দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা সিরিজ শেষে এক-দেড় মাসের বিরতি। এরপর পূর্ণাঙ্গ সিরিজ খেলতে বাংলাদেশে আসার কথা আছে শ্রীলঙ্কা দলের। কিন্তু ডিসেম্বরের ওই সিরিজের টেস্টে কে নেতৃত্ব দেবেন বাংলাদেশ দলকে?

প্রশ্নটা এখনই উঠছে, কারণ দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা সিরিজ দিয়েই সম্ভবত অবসান হয়ে যাচ্ছে বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটে মুশফিকুর রহিম-যুগ। সীমিত ওভারের ক্রিকেটের পর এবার টেস্টের অধিনায়কত্ব থেকেও তাঁকে সরিয়ে দেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত মোটামুটি নিয়ে ফেলেছে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)। নাম প্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক বিসিবির এক পরিচালক কাল মুঠোফোনে নিশ্চিত করলেন, ‘আমরা মুশফিকের বিকল্প ভাবতে শুরু করেছি। টেস্ট অধিনায়ক হিসেবে তাঁর কিছু বক্তব্য গ্রহণযোগ্য নয়। অনেক সিদ্ধান্তও ভুল হচ্ছে।’
মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা টেস্ট খেলছেন না। মুশফিককে নেতৃত্ব থেকে সরিয়ে দেওয়া হলে টেস্ট দলের সম্ভাব্য অধিনায়ক হতে পারেন তিন সিনিয়র ক্রিকেটার সাকিব আল হাসান, তামিম ইকবাল বা মাহমুদউল্লাহর মধ্যে যেকোনো একজন। বিসিবির আগ্রহটা সাকিবের দিকেই বেশি। তবে এই চিন্তার সমান্তরালে তাদের এটাও ভাবতে হচ্ছে যে সাকিব আদৌ টেস্ট খেলবেন কি না বা খেললেও নিয়মিত খেলবেন কি না। বিশ্রাম চেয়ে দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার বিপক্ষে টেস্ট সিরিজ থেকে সরে দাঁড়িয়েছেন তিনি। সাকিবকে নিয়ে বিসিবির দ্বিধাদ্বন্দ্বের এটাই কারণ।
সাকিব না হলে তামিমেরই টেস্ট অধিনায়ক হওয়ার সম্ভাবনা বেশি বলে জানিয়েছে সূত্র। মাহমুদউল্লাহর পারফরম্যান্সে ধারাবাহিকতার অভাবের কারণেই তাঁর ওপর আস্থা রাখতে পারছে না বোর্ড। অধিনায়কত্বের চাপে যদি সেটা আরও নুয়ে পড়ে! আবার ফর্মে না থাকা অবস্থায় নিজের সঙ্গে লড়াইয়েও অনেক সময় বোঝা হয়ে দাঁড়ায় নেতৃত্বের বাড়তি চাপ। বিসিবির ওই পরিচালক অবশ্য বলেছেন, ‘পরবর্তী টেস্ট সিরিজের আগে আমাদের হাতে যথেষ্ট সময় আছে। মুশফিকের পরিবর্তে কাকে দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হবে, সেই আলোচনা এখনো হয়নি। বোর্ড নিশ্চয়ই ওদের সঙ্গে কথা বলবে।’
টেস্টে বাংলাদেশ সবচেয়ে বেশি সাফল্য পেয়েছে মুশফিকুর রহিমের নেতৃত্বেই। বাংলাদেশ দলের ১০টি টেস্ট জয়ের ৭টিই তাঁর অধিনায়কত্বে। ব্লুমফন্টেইন টেস্টের আগে মোট ৩৩টি টেস্টে নেতৃত্ব দিয়ে সাত জয় ছাড়াও মুশফিকের দল ড্র করেছে ৯ টেস্টে। হার ১৭টিতে। সাম্প্রতিক সময়ে ইংল্যান্ড, শ্রীলঙ্কা, অস্ট্রেলিয়ার মতো দলকে হারিয়ে টেস্টে বাংলাদেশের উত্থানও তাঁর হাত ধরেই। অধিনায়কত্বের চাপ মুশফিকের ব্যাটিংয়েও কখনো সমস্যা তৈরি করেছে বলে মনে হয়নি।
কিন্তু দুর্ভাগ্য মুশফিকের, চলতি ব্লুমফন্টেইন টেস্টে সবই তাঁর প্রতিকূলে যাচ্ছে। দুই টেস্টেই দলের ব্যাটিং-বোলিং পড়েছে চরম দুর্দশায়। তাঁর নিজের ব্যাট থেকেও যেন হারিয়ে গেছে সাবলীল ছন্দ। বুমেরাং হয়ে ফিরছে সংবাদ সম্মেলনে বলা কথাগুলো।
প্রথম টেস্টের পর মুশফিক কড়া সমালোচনা করেন তাঁর বোলারদের। দ্বিতীয় টেস্টের প্রথম ইনিংস শেষেও তা-ই। ব্লুমফন্টেইনে টসে জিতে ফিল্ডিং নেওয়া প্রসঙ্গে এক প্রশ্নে তাঁর উত্তর ছিল, ‘আমার মনে হয় টসে জেতাটাই ভুল হয়ে গেছে...।’ এ ছাড়া অধিনায়ক হয়েও তাঁর বাউন্ডারিতে ফিল্ডিং করার সিদ্ধান্তটা টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের, ফাঁস করে দিয়েছেন সেটিও। এসব মন্তব্যের কোনোটাই বোর্ড সহজভাবে নেয়নি। ‘অধিনায়ক প্রকাশ্যে এভাবে বোলারদের সমালোচনা করতে পারেন না। টসে জিতে ভুল হয়েছে, এটাই বা কেমন কথা! তাঁর এসব মন্তব্যে বোর্ড সন্তুষ্ট নয়’—জানিয়েছেন বিসিবির ওই পরিচালক।
ব্লুমফন্টেইন টেস্টে টসে জিতে ফিল্ডিং নেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্তে কাল ঢাকায় সংবাদমাধ্যমের কাছে সরাসরিই বিরক্তি প্রকাশ করেছেন বিসিবি সভাপতি নাজমুল হাসান, ‘এ ধরনের পিচে ব্যাটিং না নেওয়ার যুক্তিই হতে পারে না। এটা মুশফিকই ভালো বলতে পারবে।’
সব মিলিয়ে মুশফিকের জন্য আকাশটা বেশ মেঘলাই হয়ে উঠছে। তবে শ্রীলঙ্কার বিপক্ষে হোম সিরিজের যেহেতু দেরি আছে, টেস্ট অধিনায়ক বদলের চূড়ান্ত ঘোষণাটা দিতে হয়তো আরেকটু সময় নেবে বিসিবি। অন্তত দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা সিরিজের মধ্যে তো নয়ই। তা ছাড়া পরবর্তী টেস্ট অধিনায়ক কে হবেন, সেটাও তো ঠিক করতে হবে।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1339496/অধিনায়কত্ব-হারাচ্ছেন-মুশফিক

Jadukor
October 7, 2017, 11:29 PM
Oh thank god it is finally happening. Been waiting since 2014 for this to happen

Roy_1
October 8, 2017, 12:00 AM
Mushfiq losing captaincy?

অধিনায়কত্ব হারাচ্ছেন মুশফিক!

দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা সিরিজ শেষে এক-দেড় মাসের বিরতি। এরপর পূর্ণাঙ্গ সিরিজ খেলতে বাংলাদেশে আসার কথা আছে শ্রীলঙ্কা দলের। কিন্তু ডিসেম্বরের ওই সিরিজের টেস্টে কে নেতৃত্ব দেবেন বাংলাদেশ দলকে?

প্রশ্নটা এখনই উঠছে, কারণ দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা সিরিজ দিয়েই সম্ভবত অবসান হয়ে যাচ্ছে বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটে মুশফিকুর রহিম-যুগ। সীমিত ওভারের ক্রিকেটের পর এবার টেস্টের অধিনায়কত্ব থেকেও তাঁকে সরিয়ে দেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত মোটামুটি নিয়ে ফেলেছে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি)। নাম প্রকাশে অনিচ্ছুক বিসিবির এক পরিচালক কাল মুঠোফোনে নিশ্চিত করলেন, ‘আমরা মুশফিকের বিকল্প ভাবতে শুরু করেছি। টেস্ট অধিনায়ক হিসেবে তাঁর কিছু বক্তব্য গ্রহণযোগ্য নয়। অনেক সিদ্ধান্তও ভুল হচ্ছে।’
মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা টেস্ট খেলছেন না। মুশফিককে নেতৃত্ব থেকে সরিয়ে দেওয়া হলে টেস্ট দলের সম্ভাব্য অধিনায়ক হতে পারেন তিন সিনিয়র ক্রিকেটার সাকিব আল হাসান, তামিম ইকবাল বা মাহমুদউল্লাহর মধ্যে যেকোনো একজন। বিসিবির আগ্রহটা সাকিবের দিকেই বেশি। তবে এই চিন্তার সমান্তরালে তাদের এটাও ভাবতে হচ্ছে যে সাকিব আদৌ টেস্ট খেলবেন কি না বা খেললেও নিয়মিত খেলবেন কি না। বিশ্রাম চেয়ে দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার বিপক্ষে টেস্ট সিরিজ থেকে সরে দাঁড়িয়েছেন তিনি। সাকিবকে নিয়ে বিসিবির দ্বিধাদ্বন্দ্বের এটাই কারণ।
সাকিব না হলে তামিমেরই টেস্ট অধিনায়ক হওয়ার সম্ভাবনা বেশি বলে জানিয়েছে সূত্র। মাহমুদউল্লাহর পারফরম্যান্সে ধারাবাহিকতার অভাবের কারণেই তাঁর ওপর আস্থা রাখতে পারছে না বোর্ড। অধিনায়কত্বের চাপে যদি সেটা আরও নুয়ে পড়ে! আবার ফর্মে না থাকা অবস্থায় নিজের সঙ্গে লড়াইয়েও অনেক সময় বোঝা হয়ে দাঁড়ায় নেতৃত্বের বাড়তি চাপ। বিসিবির ওই পরিচালক অবশ্য বলেছেন, ‘পরবর্তী টেস্ট সিরিজের আগে আমাদের হাতে যথেষ্ট সময় আছে। মুশফিকের পরিবর্তে কাকে দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হবে, সেই আলোচনা এখনো হয়নি। বোর্ড নিশ্চয়ই ওদের সঙ্গে কথা বলবে।’
টেস্টে বাংলাদেশ সবচেয়ে বেশি সাফল্য পেয়েছে মুশফিকুর রহিমের নেতৃত্বেই। বাংলাদেশ দলের ১০টি টেস্ট জয়ের ৭টিই তাঁর অধিনায়কত্বে। ব্লুমফন্টেইন টেস্টের আগে মোট ৩৩টি টেস্টে নেতৃত্ব দিয়ে সাত জয় ছাড়াও মুশফিকের দল ড্র করেছে ৯ টেস্টে। হার ১৭টিতে। সাম্প্রতিক সময়ে ইংল্যান্ড, শ্রীলঙ্কা, অস্ট্রেলিয়ার মতো দলকে হারিয়ে টেস্টে বাংলাদেশের উত্থানও তাঁর হাত ধরেই। অধিনায়কত্বের চাপ মুশফিকের ব্যাটিংয়েও কখনো সমস্যা তৈরি করেছে বলে মনে হয়নি।
কিন্তু দুর্ভাগ্য মুশফিকের, চলতি ব্লুমফন্টেইন টেস্টে সবই তাঁর প্রতিকূলে যাচ্ছে। দুই টেস্টেই দলের ব্যাটিং-বোলিং পড়েছে চরম দুর্দশায়। তাঁর নিজের ব্যাট থেকেও যেন হারিয়ে গেছে সাবলীল ছন্দ। বুমেরাং হয়ে ফিরছে সংবাদ সম্মেলনে বলা কথাগুলো।
প্রথম টেস্টের পর মুশফিক কড়া সমালোচনা করেন তাঁর বোলারদের। দ্বিতীয় টেস্টের প্রথম ইনিংস শেষেও তা-ই। ব্লুমফন্টেইনে টসে জিতে ফিল্ডিং নেওয়া প্রসঙ্গে এক প্রশ্নে তাঁর উত্তর ছিল, ‘আমার মনে হয় টসে জেতাটাই ভুল হয়ে গেছে...।’ এ ছাড়া অধিনায়ক হয়েও তাঁর বাউন্ডারিতে ফিল্ডিং করার সিদ্ধান্তটা টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের, ফাঁস করে দিয়েছেন সেটিও। এসব মন্তব্যের কোনোটাই বোর্ড সহজভাবে নেয়নি। ‘অধিনায়ক প্রকাশ্যে এভাবে বোলারদের সমালোচনা করতে পারেন না। টসে জিতে ভুল হয়েছে, এটাই বা কেমন কথা! তাঁর এসব মন্তব্যে বোর্ড সন্তুষ্ট নয়’—জানিয়েছেন বিসিবির ওই পরিচালক।
ব্লুমফন্টেইন টেস্টে টসে জিতে ফিল্ডিং নেওয়ার সিদ্ধান্তে কাল ঢাকায় সংবাদমাধ্যমের কাছে সরাসরিই বিরক্তি প্রকাশ করেছেন বিসিবি সভাপতি নাজমুল হাসান, ‘এ ধরনের পিচে ব্যাটিং না নেওয়ার যুক্তিই হতে পারে না। এটা মুশফিকই ভালো বলতে পারবে।’
সব মিলিয়ে মুশফিকের জন্য আকাশটা বেশ মেঘলাই হয়ে উঠছে। তবে শ্রীলঙ্কার বিপক্ষে হোম সিরিজের যেহেতু দেরি আছে, টেস্ট অধিনায়ক বদলের চূড়ান্ত ঘোষণাটা দিতে হয়তো আরেকটু সময় নেবে বিসিবি। অন্তত দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা সিরিজের মধ্যে তো নয়ই। তা ছাড়া পরবর্তী টেস্ট অধিনায়ক কে হবেন, সেটাও তো ঠিক করতে হবে।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/1339496/অধিনায়কত্ব-হারাচ্ছেন-মুশফিক

It has to happen now, if not everything will be forgotten if BD defeats Lanka at home, which is highly likely, and the cycle will continue.

tiger1000
October 8, 2017, 10:57 AM
Despite the pain, Mushfiqur insisted he has no plans to step down as Test skipper and will let the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) decide whether he is fit for the role.

"When the team does really well, all the credit goes to the management and when we are not doing really well, all the blame comes to the captain. I can take it," Mushfiqur said after the Bloemfontein Test

"The blame is coming at me, because I decided to field first in both Tests. Maybe I haven't been leading properly and that's why the team isn't doing well. This is why I am saying that I should be given opportunity to correct my mistakes," Mushfiqur

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20954621/human-being-bound-make-mistakes-mushfiqur-rahim

Roey Haque
October 8, 2017, 11:20 AM
^ ARGGGHHHH. So frustrating. I will tell you something man. I follow 4 sports, 5 if you include tennis which I dabble in from time to time. And no one person has ever infuriated me more in sports than that gremlin Mushfiqur Rahim. He causes me to drink heavily and consider taking up smoking again.

Absolute piece of garbage. ARGHHHRGHHG. Makes my skin crawl and blood boil with hot hot fury.

RazabQ
October 8, 2017, 02:45 PM
Well y'all are gonna get your wish. I'd saw that based on some of the things Mushy is saying, he too is nearing the end of his shelf-life as a captain. It's hard to lead a South Asian side for more than 4-5 years. Better for him to focus on being a good batsman and candidate for #1 keeper and let Tamim take the heat.

BTW I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Mushy or Eclipse. Our bowling on this series has been pathetic. The batters at least had one decent innings out of 4 tries and have looked ok in patches (e.g. Liton's 70 on the 1st innings). But our bowlers have NOT once session looked to be anywhere under control. Du Plessis mentioned that - "one boundary ball every over"

Fazal
October 8, 2017, 03:34 PM
BTW I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree with Mushy or Eclipse. Our bowling on this series has been pathetic. The batters at least had one decent innings out of 4 tries and have looked ok in patches (e.g. Liton's 70 on the 1st innings). But our bowlers have NOT once session looked to be anywhere under control. Du Plessis mentioned that - "one boundary ball every over"

Any other example besides new comer Litton's 70? How ironic it is that all these years Rahim kind of blocked him and all of a sudden Litton is saving Mushfiq's a$$ i.e. his 70s is the reason why batting was batter than our bowling in the whole series"

I don't buy that. Our batting was equally pathetic except for one 70 from Litton. There was also another exception and that was Subashis's 3 wicket in the other side. When all the superstars ( taskin, Mustafiz, Miraj in a way) failed, a marginal player got three wickets.

Gowza
October 8, 2017, 03:46 PM
An opportunity to correct mistakes also means an opportunity to make more mistakes. Hasn't he had long enough to become a decent captain?

Fazal
October 8, 2017, 03:53 PM
An opportunity to correct mistakes also means an opportunity to make more mistakes. Hasn't he had long enough to become a decent captain?

When he first came, he was not a ideal leader. But there was hope that he will make mistake, learn from it and become better.

But over time it regressed. Now there is no hope.... he is in life support.... all the relatives are waiting when he will pulled off from the life support and end the misery.

RazabQ
October 8, 2017, 10:52 PM
Any other example besides new comer Litton's 70? How ironic it is that all these years Rahim kind of blocked him and all of a sudden Litton is saving Mushfiq's a$$ i.e. his 70s is the reason why batting was batter than our bowling in the whole series"

I don't buy that. Our batting was equally pathetic except for one 70 from Litton. There was also another exception and that was Subashis's 3 wicket in the other side. When all the superstars ( taskin, Mustafiz, Miraj in a way) failed, a marginal player got three wickets.

First test first innings multiple batsmen scored runs. We were on track to score 400. Second test second innings Riyadh scored. I'm not saying the batting covered itself with glory. Just that they were not as abysmal as the bowlers.

Fazal
October 8, 2017, 11:02 PM
First test first innings multiple batsmen scored runs. We were on track to score 400. Second test second innings Riyadh scored. I'm not saying the batting covered itself with glory. Just that they were not as abysmal as the bowlers.

Yes. 1st Test 1st innings was not great, but not horrible, I will give you that. But the last 3 innings was horrible, no way to claim any better than the bowling. It was shameful batting performance.

Bowling wise you can blame the quality of bowling, but few bowler were over worked. They were not good, but I would not question some of their efforts (Mustafiz, Miraj and Subhashis for example). But last three innings, batting wise it looked they gave up, ready to go shopping.

I am sorry I don't know how you can only criticize the bowling and not the batting... that is soo wrong and unfair to the young bowlers.

Krishna
October 9, 2017, 02:58 AM
https://scontent-sin6-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/22228312_873533299479425_5078217884490225710_n.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=8b8605afe139d0eac841dbb3ca3ae5d9&oe=5A813624

jeesh
October 9, 2017, 03:52 AM
Bowling in general very ordinary. Plenty of loose deliveries-wide, full, short. Almost 1-2 gifts an over. But at the same time the S Africans were brilliant. They wanted to bat with a 4-4.5 run rate, and never held back.

Neither tracks were difficult to bat it. Like Rabada said, our batsmen got themselves out.

tiger1000
October 9, 2017, 04:26 AM

He had the opportunity been first and second test, he made the same costly mistake, which left our players gassed and mentally shot

Rifat
October 9, 2017, 09:23 PM
Signed. He should solely focus on Batting alone and not speaking in front of media

aklemalp
October 9, 2017, 09:31 PM
Thank God I don't understand bangla

Gowza
October 9, 2017, 09:45 PM
Given mushy's comments I don't think he is coping with the captaincy anymore, need to take it off him before it destroys his batting.

Jadukor
October 10, 2017, 03:07 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20952295/mushfiqur-losing-grip-bangladesh-captaincy

Mohamed Isam on his case as well.

Eclipse
October 15, 2017, 09:04 AM
I've already said it many times in this thread. Mushy may not be the most charismatic leader in this world, but his captaincy isn't the reason behind our failure in test cricket.

Even the greatest captain of this world won't be able to do much with our pathetic bowling attack. It's high time for our fickle minded fans to realise this. Stop blaming mushy for everything.

Max100
October 15, 2017, 09:06 AM
he is the worst captain, so need to sack him . its not like, he is the only option.

jeesh
October 16, 2017, 04:10 AM
Give up the captaincy, give up the gloves, should focus on his batting. His contributions will be more valuable to the team with the bat.