PDA

View Full Version : India vs Oz One Dayers.

brockley
September 11, 2017, 09:58 PM
Finch and maybe Cartwright will miss the warm up that starts in an hour.

brockley
September 12, 2017, 02:01 AM
http://www.bcci.tv/australia-vs-board-president-xi-one-day-warm-up-game-2017-18/match/02
Live scorecard.

brockley
September 12, 2017, 03:12 AM
Australia 7/346 Stoinis 76.

Eclipse
September 12, 2017, 05:21 AM
Even though Australia is a really really strong loi team, but I'm still expecting India to crush the aussies..

brockley
September 12, 2017, 07:07 AM
Australia win by a 100 Ashton Agar 4/44.
It will be close.

aklemalp
September 12, 2017, 02:15 PM
Aren't they playing T20s as well?

horizon
September 12, 2017, 03:45 PM
I expect close matches. India might just win the series. Aussie bowling doesn't look that good ...

brockley
September 12, 2017, 05:07 PM
Yeh 3 I think.
Nathan Coulter Nile should have a good tour,don't know about the other bowlers.

NoName
September 12, 2017, 07:41 PM
Should be a good series, the last ODI series the average scores were around ~350

brockley
September 15, 2017, 01:22 AM
Handscomb added 2 One Dayers.

horizon
September 17, 2017, 03:30 AM
The match started India 11/2 after 5. The ground is less than 50% full on a Sunday - indicates most Indians won't care about this series probably.

horizon
September 17, 2017, 11:39 AM
India 281 with big contributions from Dhoni and Pandya. Australia 127/9 now. If Aussies can't play spin better, this result could get repeated. Today 9 overs of spin seemed never ending.

Eclipse
September 17, 2017, 08:17 PM
One of the greatest team of all time. Aussies r no match for this team.

DinRaat.
September 17, 2017, 08:22 PM
One of the greatest team of all time. Aussies r no match for this team.

Not by a long shot.

godzilla
September 18, 2017, 12:15 AM
Hardik Panday is turning out to be a fine allrounder. Give him a year or two and he will be knowing for that number 1 allrounder slot.

LOL @ one of the finest team of all time. Where does this guy get his jokes from ... LMAO

jeesh
September 18, 2017, 01:07 AM
Whats scary is Pandya seems to have a touch of Kohli's mindset with bat and ball.

Bowls pretty much at 140 kph, and often better than even our frontline quicks.

His brother is also an immensely competitive cricketer who could walk into most teams easily.

Eclipse
September 18, 2017, 01:26 AM
Not by a long shot.

Hardik Panday is turning out to be a fine allrounder. Give him a year or two and he will be knowing for that number 1 allrounder slot.

LOL @ one of the finest team of all time. Where does this guy get his jokes from ... LMAO

Why not?

This Indian team have been thrashing every oppositions for fun in last 7/8 years.

They were the champion of 2011 World Cup, champions of 2013 champions.trophy, finalist of 2014 t20 world cup, semi finalist of 2015 World Cup, semifinalist of 2016 t20 world cup and the finalist of 2017 champions trophy.

Besides this, they r the current no 1 test team. They have remained undefeated for 16 consecutive test match, they have won 8 consecutive test series.

This is one hell of a record. Not many teams in the history of cricket have achieved as much as this Indian team. They r indeed one of the greatest cricket teams to ever grace the cricket field.

brockley
September 18, 2017, 03:07 AM
Bradman Era.

DinRaat.
September 18, 2017, 03:11 AM
Hardik Pandya, looks like a gem of an allrounder, if he plays 43 matches against Zimbabwe, he should be better than Shakib.
:D

jeesh
September 18, 2017, 03:57 AM
Mr. Eclipse, no doubting they are in the top team in the world today, but i wouldnt put them in the GOAT bracket.

I know u ve given a lot of numbers, but can u see how many of those are played home vs away. It was very convenient playing a West Indies side and a Sri Lankan side away at their worst ever period.

Also sometimes worthwhile evaluating the type of players, strength of team in the era. Australia under Waugh/Ponting were a dominant team in an era where most teams were strong with world class players. Just consider SL for instance who had the likes of Murali, Vaas, Mahela, Sanath, Sanga vs the players they have now.

Lot of anti Hathurusingha fans always say he came into the Bangladeshi team at the right time, right place. India's rise in cricket could be comparable with that theory.

aklemalp
September 18, 2017, 09:13 AM
Hardik, has the makings of a legend.

I wrote about him in my article that was published last year.The Science of a Heartbreak

Go check it out

Roy_1
September 18, 2017, 10:15 AM
Whats scary is Pandya seems to have a touch of Kohli's mindset with bat and ball.

Bowls pretty much at 140 kph, and often better than even our frontline quicks.

His brother is also an immensely competitive cricketer who could walk into most teams easily.

Krunal is a beastly hitter, a better batsman than his younger brother, it is the pace bowling prowess of Hardik that makes him an integral part of the team in all the formats.

Roy_1
September 18, 2017, 10:27 AM
Hardik, has the makings of a legend.

I wrote about him in my article that was published last year.The Science of a Heartbreak

Go check it out

I am glad that Hardik proved me wrong, it is almost surreal how much he has improved since his debut, in less than a year he established himself as an essential part of a team where even triple ton scorer struggle to find a place for the next match. From a bits and pieces bowler and hits and misses hitter he transformed himself into a reliable lower order batsman and a very handy bowler, I am really pleased to see the variations he instilled in his bowling including a well-disguised knuckle ball and the way he outfoxed Steve Smith. The way he is improving with every match It won't be long before he challenges Stokes or Shakib for the no 1 alrounder spot.

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 10:02 AM
So Pandya got the prized wk of Smith again, excellent comeback this after the thrashing he received in his first spell, mighty impressed with Chahal and Kuldeep duo.

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:06 AM
Bring back Bumrah for the cleanup job

SportingBD
September 21, 2017, 10:06 AM
When is Indias next away tour?

Getting bored of seeing Indians play subcontinent all the time.

Those numbers don't make sense/so inflated.

Seriously if In a year, you play 70-80% of matches at home, your bound to do well?

SportingBD
September 21, 2017, 10:11 AM
Honestly ICC needs to make it fair. Have a rule.

Like you can't have more than 60% of your matches at home during each year?

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:12 AM
Wade can't even catch a break :lol:

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:14 AM
Two in two for Kuldeep. Can we see a hattrick?

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:15 AM
Ah, we got a Hattrick

Electron
September 21, 2017, 10:26 AM
When is Indias next away tour?

Getting bored of seeing Indians play subcontinent all the time.

Those numbers don't make sense/so inflated.

Seriously if In a year, you play 70-80% of matches at home, your bound to do well?

5 matches in India this year.
5 in England,
5 in West Indies.
5 in Sri Lanka.

Win percentage in India is the same as in England or WI. :up:

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 10:27 AM
Hat Trick for Kuldeep, wow, always knew he is special, Ash and Jaddu will struggle to find a place in limited over format now.

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:28 AM
Only the third Indian player to get a Hattrick in ODIs after Chetan Sharma and Kapil Dev.

Well done lad :up:

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 10:31 AM
5 matches in India this year.
5 in England,
5 in West Indies.
5 in Sri Lanka.

Win percentage in India is the same as in England or WI. :up:

True that but the guy you are quoting is clearly not so bright to consume all these info at one go.

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:35 AM
Stoinis still there. He is the last recognized batsman, he can bat.

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 10:36 AM
Need to get Stoinis out ASAP, he with his frog like batting stance can still win the match for Aus, he has abilities and did that in the past as well.

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:37 AM
Yep, he singlehandedly won a game for Australia some time ago.

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:41 AM
Low c.o.g for Stoinis.

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:43 AM
72 off 66 balls required.

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 10:48 AM
Coulter-Nile gone

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 10:50 AM
Pandya is quite handy even in his bad days

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 10:52 AM
This pitch got everything, turn, seam, bounce, fast outfield. One of the best pitches I have seen in recent time.

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:54 AM
Stoinis is timely them well

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 10:58 AM
Should have take the singles. Kane can bat

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 11:01 AM
Why am I feeling tensed?

Because might witness a 1 wicket win after hattrick

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 11:03 AM
Well it's over

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 11:04 AM
We won, wonderful day for our bowlers.

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 11:06 AM
Awaiting SportingBD to come, whine and cry this thread a river.......3..2..1

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 11:06 AM
Well done team India. Excellent bowling display

SportingBD
September 21, 2017, 11:08 AM
True that but the guy you are quoting is clearly not so bright to consume all these info at one go.

West Indies crap.
SL crap

Australia playing at Indias home crap..

What else do India need?

Beating up teams that are going through a transitional period lol..

Lol even on twitter some Indians felt sad for Sri Lankan's.. that's how poor they become.

SportingBD
September 21, 2017, 11:10 AM
Play Bangladesh India.

Come to Dhaka! Beat us here... come! Scary cats...

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 11:12 AM
Play Bangladesh India.

Now I understand why even Bangladeshis make fun of Sylhetis :lol:

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 11:14 AM
West Indies crap.
SL crap

Australia playing at Indias home crap..

What else do India need?

Beating up teams that are going through a transitional period lol..

Lol even on twitter some Indians felt sad for Sri Lankan's.. that's how poor they become.

Continue bitchin and cryin fella, someone might just feel pity and give a sh*t

SportingBD
September 21, 2017, 11:14 AM
Now I understand why even Bangladeshis make fun of Sylhetis :lol:

Don't want to divert this thread to another Sylhet thing..

But if that's the cheapest comeback you can come with :facepalm:

It feels good to beat the likes of Sri Lanka and West Indies doesn't it :D

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 11:18 AM
Don't want to divert this thread to another Sylhet thing..

But if that's the cheapest comeback you can come with :facepalm:

It feels good to beat the likes of Sri Lanka and West Indies doesn't it :D

Whatever floats your boat and keeps your knickers dry fella. I don't take you seriously enough to engage in a serious discussion.

Have a good night.

ReZ_1
September 21, 2017, 11:19 AM
Play Bangladesh India.

That is bit rude...

SportingBD
September 21, 2017, 11:21 AM
Whatever floats your boat and keeps your knickers dry fella. I don't take you seriously enough to engage in a serious discussion.

Have a good night.

You guys are too busy in making IPL big enough to kill international cricket..
Like one of your fellow Indian has said..

So yeah...better not get into a conversation..

SportingBD
September 21, 2017, 11:23 AM
That is bit rude...

Why is it rude? I'm calling them scary cats to prove themself away from home

How is that rude? I'm challenging them to come out of their comfort zone?

IndYeah
September 21, 2017, 11:25 AM

144WWW.

kthnksbai:floor:

Electron
September 21, 2017, 11:29 AM
Ashwin's ODI bowling was a concern, glad we found two good young spinners. India should be aiming for a whitewash now.

Electron
September 21, 2017, 11:35 AM

Lol, thanks for the heads up. I see it now. :lol:

IndYeah
September 21, 2017, 12:02 PM
Lol, thanks for the heads up. I see it now. :lol:

That guy clearly has some "issues". Venting out his silly insecurities and inferiority complex on a cricket board. Get well Soon!!

mufi_02
September 21, 2017, 12:26 PM
expected better fight from this Aussie team. it boggles me as to how this is their best XI. Wade is the best Aussie keeper? seriously?

but kudos to India. back to back win. I feel like this Indian team could beat Aus even in Australia.

NoName
September 21, 2017, 12:36 PM
Left-arm chinamen, now that is a rarity to have

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 12:54 PM
expected better fight from this Aussie team. it boggles me as to how this is their best XI. Wade is the best Aussie keeper? seriously?

but kudos to India. back to back win. I feel like this Indian team could beat Aus even in Australia.

Wade is as dangerous as they come when set but you are quite right, he has glaring weaknesses against spin, it is not that easy to find worthy replacements of players like Gilly or Dhoni, you gotta make do with what you've got. Aus actually did quite well to contain our batsmen, just that their batting looks clueless against our wrist spinners+Bhuvi, bowling-wise they did pretty good in the last match too.

NoName
September 21, 2017, 12:55 PM
The Aussies on the reddit forums were roasting Wade like no tomorrow during the entire AUS/BD series, I lost my s*** reading the comments :lol:

Eclipse
September 21, 2017, 12:57 PM

Not surprising at all. This Indian team is as good as 80s West Indies team.

Even world champion Australia is no match for them.

Eclipse
September 21, 2017, 01:03 PM

Dude pls, we r talking avout an atg side here. They r the runner up of last champions trophy and the semifinalist of the last odi World Cup. I hope u know the name of the hosts of those two world events, right?

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 01:03 PM

We still have a long way to go to match the 80's WI.

horizon
September 21, 2017, 01:17 PM
We still have a long way to go to match the 80's WI.

80s WI was unbeaten in away Test series. That's a rarity these days.

mufi_02
September 21, 2017, 02:05 PM
Wade is as dangerous as they come when set but you are quite right, he has glaring weaknesses against spin, it is not that easy to find worthy replacements of players like Gilly or Dhoni, you gotta make do with what you've got. Aus actually did quite well to contain our batsmen, just that their batting looks clueless against our wrist spinners+Bhuvi, bowling-wise they did pretty good in the last match too.

wade is a joke. his keeping is very poor and won't even mention his batting. you don't need ATG such as Gilly. any decent keeper would do. Even Haddin was better.

Aus is missing Starc badly.

CA was right to not give raise to these bunch of jokers. except smith/warner/starc the rest of the aussie team is easily replaceable. as I said, India would beat these jokers even in Aus conditions.

mufi_02
September 21, 2017, 02:09 PM

maybe you are right. coz WI's decline started in the 80s :D

WIs were invincible in the 70s and early 80s. India is going through a good period but not as invincible as that iconic team. They are still not as good as Aussie team. That team was unbeatable across all regions and against any team.

India had a good chance to reach that legendary status in the CT. But the thumping from a low ranked Pakistan team put a lot of question on that. No one can deny that.

India is a very good ODI team. Maybe the most polished and well balanced team right now. But not close to that legendary WI or Aus team.

Roy_1
September 21, 2017, 03:06 PM
wade is a joke. his keeping is very poor and won't even mention his batting. you don't need ATG such as Gilly. any decent keeper would do. Even Haddin was better.

Aus is missing Starc badly.

CA was right to not give raise to these bunch of jokers. except smith/warner/starc the rest of the aussie team is easily replaceable. as I said, India would beat these jokers even in Aus conditions.

Mufi da who should do you think replace Wade? Sorry I don't have much knowledge about Aussie domestic players but I still think this is their best limited over batting line up, only one they are missing is Finch, bowling-wise Starc anyways misses over 60% of all the matches they play every year and Hazzelwood has never been threatening in Asia. If you have watched the matches Coulter-Nile is doing a damn good job and Cummins is brilliant as always. It is not their bowling which is failing them. What I am trying to say is they have been terrible in India for quite some time now and it is not fair to put all the blame on this team, they are far from the weakling they are being made out to be.

mufi_02
September 21, 2017, 03:14 PM
Mufi da who should do you think replace Wade? Sorry I don't have much knowledge about Aussie domestic players but I still think this is their best limited over batting line up, only one they are missing is Finch, bowling-wise Starc anyways misses over 60% of all the matches they play every year and Hazzelwood has never been threatening in Asia. If you have watched the matches Coulter-Nile is doing a damn good job and Cummins is brilliant as always. It is not their bowling which is failing them. What I am trying to say is they have been terrible in India for quite some time now and it is not fair to put all the blame on this team, they are far from the weakling they are being made out to be.

Aus surely can find a better keeper than Wade. He averages 29 (in 22 Tests) and 26 (after 90+ ODIs). That's pathetic. These figures are not even good for a BD player anymore. That's why its a shame that Aus can't find a player who averages more than 30.

India is a almost unbeatable at home. So I can understand Aus (or any other struggling) there. But that is no excuse for such shambolic performances. I am not questioning India's good show but rather disappointed at Aussie's no show.

aklemalp
September 21, 2017, 03:46 PM
Think it's a good time for Australia to rope in Paine now. He cant be any worse than Wade.

horizon
September 22, 2017, 08:33 PM
maybe you are right. coz WI's decline started in the 80s :D

WIs were invincible in the 70s and early 80s. India is going through a good period but not as invincible as that iconic team. They are still not as good as Aussie team. That team was unbeatable across all regions and against any team.

India had a good chance to reach that legendary status in the CT. But the thumping from a low ranked Pakistan team put a lot of question on that. No one can deny that.

India is a very good ODI team. Maybe the most polished and well balanced team right now. But not close to that legendary WI or Aus team.

Well, WI in their best days lost to India twice in 1983 WC. Aus didn't win ICC Champions Trophy till 2006. Every best team had weak links. Overall, current India team yet to have any great Test performance in SA/Aus/Eng yet. So they are not among ATG. Upcoming SA series is their good test, Champions trophy probably wasn't.

DinRaat.
September 23, 2017, 12:14 AM
That guy clearly has some "issues". Venting out his silly insecurities and inferiority complex on a cricket board. Get well Soon!!

Weren't you banned a couple of months ago.

:wave:

DinRaat.
September 23, 2017, 12:15 AM
Were is George Bailey, he should take up Wade's spot.

simon
September 24, 2017, 06:59 AM
should be another Koheli ton & ind win

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 08:49 AM
Beastly start from India, Rohit looks to be in sublime touch

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 08:52 AM
Rohit gone,jinxed him:(

Tigers_eye
September 24, 2017, 08:56 AM
c a k e w a l k.

aklemalp
September 24, 2017, 08:58 AM
Jump over to the other thread for the Gayle and Lewis show :)

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 09:00 AM
Aus making a comeback, Rahane gone too

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 09:04 AM
Jump over to the other thread for the Gayle and Lewis show :)

Don't think WI can pull that off, they lack the temperament to replicate their t20 heroics in 50 overs on a regular basis, anyhoo would be awesome if they manage to chase it down,certainly got the firepower.

Tigers_eye
September 24, 2017, 09:07 AM
Aus making a comeback, Rahane gone too
Are you worried? Don't be. What is the asking runrate?:D

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 09:10 AM
Are you worried? Don't be. What is the asking runrate?:D

Not worried per se,but that Akila incident still fresh in my mind, we gotta be careful is all.

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 10:01 AM
Not sure why we are persisting with Kedar while KL is warming the bench, one is old and inconsistent and the other is the future.

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 10:03 AM
India in a spot of bother.

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 10:50 AM
We won as expected, another gem of an innings from Pandya, amazing how he established himself as a key member of the team in all formats in such a short span of time.

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 10:53 AM
It will be quite an achievement if we manage to whitewash the Aussies, we did whitewash them in the t20s before not sure if we have ever done that in odis.

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 11:35 AM
SportingBD where art thou? Missing your bitchin and whinin bro

aklemalp
September 24, 2017, 11:44 AM
Pandya, another impressive day.

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 12:30 PM
Pandya, another impressive day.

Yep, one more match winner for us, never had a doubt about his hitting ability, it is his temperament that amazed me today.

Yankees
September 24, 2017, 01:22 PM
The only thing this series has proven to me is that we desperately need an ODI league asap. Even a India-Aus bilateral can barely draw in viewers. Two titans going against each other and who's watching? Only a small subset of the indian market.

SportingBD
September 24, 2017, 02:10 PM
SportingBD where art thou? Missing your bitchin and whinin bro

Do you genuinely rate this Australian team? When players like Wade represent them?

I was serious when I said, invite Bangladesh. Lets play a ODI series.
We will find out how unbeatable India is?

We would easily whitewash this rubbish Australia team to be honest.

It's just fact bro.. Australia team so weak... who are these nonsense players?

Head? Stoinis? Handscombe? Agar? lol.. to many no name players...

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 02:18 PM
Do you genuinely rate this Australian team? When players like Wade represent them?

I was serious when I said, invite Bangladesh. Lets play a ODI series.
We will find out how unbeatable India is?

We would easily whitewash this rubbish Australia team to be honest.

It's just fact bro.. Australia team so weak... who are these nonsense players?

Head? Stoinis? Handscombe? Agar? lol.. to many no name players...

Awww...sorry if I was being harsh to you the other day, now I understand just like a village a forum is never complete without the resident idiot, you complete this board bro.

SportingBD
September 24, 2017, 02:20 PM
Awww...sorry if I was being harsh to you the other day, now I understand just like a village a forum is never complete without the resident idiot, you complete this board bro.

You get too excited beating Australia bro, that's enough for me:floor:

I mean.. FFS? Australia has become a complete joke of a team?
Have you seen their record in Asia:facepalm: and you go all bouncing up and down because India beat them?

SportingBD
September 24, 2017, 02:24 PM
Play Bangladesh or Pakistan in India.

That will give a true reflection of how good india is..

instead of beating this non-sense teams like Australia and transitional teams like SL+WI..

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 02:29 PM
Play Bangladesh or Pakistan in India.

That will give a true reflection of how good india is..

instead of beating this non-sense teams like Australia and transitional teams like SL+WI..

It is fun to poke single cell organisms like you bro, so much fun, you and your kind make forums and message boards entertaining and lively :big_hug:

SportingBD
September 24, 2017, 02:32 PM
It is fun to poke single cell organisms like you bro, so much fun, you and your kind make forums and message boards entertaining and lively :big_hug:

Its more fact based from my side bro.

I am not like those Bollywood Indian hero type fans...

That will be like shouting INDIA INDIA... for anything...

no offense to you..:up:

aklemalp
September 24, 2017, 02:37 PM
Guys, let's not get carried away.

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 02:44 PM
Its more fact based from my side bro.

I am not like those Bollywood Indian hero type fans...

That will be like shouting INDIA INDIA... for anything...

no offense to you..:up:

You're special bro :lol:

Take care and good night

SportingBD
September 24, 2017, 02:47 PM
You're special bro :lol:

Take care and good night

Not as special as India though..

They are wrecking Australia apart... man.. champion team:D

Pandya looks like the new Sachin of India.. damn...

Roy_1
September 24, 2017, 04:55 PM
Not as special as India though..

They are wrecking Australia apart... man.. champion team:D

Pandya looks like the new Sachin of India.. damn...

We are no 1 now in both test and odi, cry me a Padma river bro :lol:

Eclipse
September 24, 2017, 05:31 PM
India will soon become no 1 in all three formats. Greatest cricket team of all time. Humiliating all the teams for fun.

Night_wolf
September 24, 2017, 07:56 PM
Roy_1 I strongly urge you to get into banter without Personal Attacks

brockley
September 24, 2017, 09:53 PM
As an Aussie I am sad.
But my special day to day,so care a lot less,a few drinks will fill my gullett.
Just hope we perk up for the Ashes thats all.
Good to see to Aaron Finch ton last night,masterful.

kalpurush
September 24, 2017, 11:08 PM
India will soon become no 1 in all three formats. Greatest cricket team of all time. Humiliating all the teams for fun.

True face! :facepalm:

Nothing shame on India become #1 though. My fav team after Bangladesh :flag:

Roy_1
September 25, 2017, 04:53 AM
Roy_1 I strongly urge you to get into banter without Personal Attacks

Whoa!! Easy there chief, I'll tone it down.

DinRaat.
September 25, 2017, 07:05 AM
Gayle is retarded, why do you have to be the people's player. Be selfish for once, play slowly dig in and bat deep, if he scored 150+ batting with a calm head, WI could of won it.

Roy_1
September 25, 2017, 07:29 AM
Gayle is retarded, why do you have to be the people's player. Be selfish for once, play slowly dig in and bat deep, if he scored 150+ batting with a calm head, WI could of won it.

Wrong thread buddy :D

Roy_1
September 25, 2017, 02:52 PM
The only thing this series has proven to me is that we desperately need an ODI league asap. Even a India-Aus bilateral can barely draw in viewers. Two titans going against each other and who's watching? Only a small subset of the indian market.

Perhaps a tri or four nation tournament would have attracted more eyeballs, but viewership far from poor for this series, all the matches so far had healthy attendance, bar the second match, then again Eden is such a venue where even a 35-40 thousand people means half the seats would be empty. TV viewership is quite good as well, getting plenty of coverage from the media too. Of course we can't expect a WC or a CT like enthusiasm for a bilateral.

Eclipse
September 25, 2017, 04:18 PM
True face! :facepalm:

Nothing shame on India become #1 though. My fav team after Bangladesh :flag:

Exactly. No doubt that this is an atg team.

Yankees
September 25, 2017, 04:28 PM
Perhaps a tri or four nation tournament would have attracted more eyeballs, but viewership far from poor for this series, all the matches so far had healthy attendance, bar the second match, then again Eden is such a venue where even a 35-40 thousand people means half the seats would be empty. TV viewership is quite good as well, getting plenty of coverage from the media too. Of course we can't expect a WC or a CT like enthusiasm for a bilateral.

I was talking more about cricket world in general. There will always be interst in India, even when India plays Zimbabwe. But who else even bothers to watch? I don't think even in Australia anyone cares. They only care about Ashes.

Australia can get completely whitewashed and nothing will happen. We will all forget in a month's time.

Roy_1
September 25, 2017, 06:17 PM
I was talking more about cricket world in general. There will always be interst in India, even when India plays Zimbabwe. But who else even bothers to watch? I don't think even in Australia anyone cares. They only care about Ashes.

Australia can get completely whitewashed and nothing will happen. We will all forget in a month's time.

True that, but what else do you expect from bilateral? I hardly watch any match without India in it unless an ICC tournament is going on. It has always been like this, 95% of all the average cricket fans don't bother about matches where their teams aren't present.

brockley
September 25, 2017, 06:50 PM
Yeh I am less worried about winning this,and more the Ashes.
Injuries and form.
Agar broken his finger out of series,Cummins going homr after one dayers.
Maxwell and Wade's form is a big concern.
Handscomb will bounce back despite how he does in the last one dayers,he is not a short form player in reality but gives us depth in the batting.
See Maxwell being spelled from the one day side again,too inconsistent.

godzilla
September 25, 2017, 10:34 PM
This Pandey guy is definitely turning out to be a very good allrounder. Bout time India finally found one. This Jadeja/Ashwin ain't no allrounders.

aklemalp
September 25, 2017, 11:03 PM
^^Pandya, or more popular, Hardik

brockley
September 26, 2017, 05:27 AM
Andrew Tye in for Pat Cummins for T20's.

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 08:57 AM
India is in big trouble, Rohit, Kohli gone

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 09:03 AM
India is in big trouble, Rohit, Kohli gone

No fear, Hardik is there.

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 09:05 AM
I think that runs out was more about the excellent work done by the fielder at backward point, 9/10 times, that ball would evade him...thus why the non-striker went confidently with the running.

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 09:09 AM
Chinnasamy is too small for Hardik

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 09:12 AM
No fear, Hardik is there.

Can't expect him to bail us out in every match, he is still very young.

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 09:17 AM
We need to get rid of complacency first, this is exactly the reason why we lost to Pak and SL in the CT. Gotta take a ruthless yet clinical approach in every match.

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 09:21 AM
This is a big test for Kedar, has been given too many chances since his English heroics.

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 09:53 AM
Manish is a good bat

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 09:54 AM
At least a boundary an over from here

Roy_1
Now Hardik gone, things gonna be real tough now

aklemalp
Now wade is appealing for a stumping...not out

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 09:56 AM
Why they holding back Dhoni?

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 10:00 AM
103 from 66 balls.

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 10:12 AM
Rain stops the play, seems we are 2 runs behind on DLS :facepalm:

Hope it starts soon.

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 10:13 AM
Is this a passing shower?

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 10:17 AM
Very light drizzling, India wanted to carry on but the covers coming on

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 10:41 AM
Cummins brought back, this could be the key over for Aus

Eclipse
September 28, 2017, 10:41 AM
Jadhav is a selfish player with very limited abilities. Still struggling to take singles.

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 10:44 AM
53 runs needed of five overs

Eclipse
September 28, 2017, 10:48 AM
Another wicket. Blessings in disguise for India.

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 10:51 AM
Dhoni comes in to finish this

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 10:52 AM
The match has prbably slipped away, Jadhav, Pandey both gone

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 10:54 AM
Dhoni comes in to finish this

Too late now

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 10:55 AM
Too late now

Have to agree. Mahi should have come in before Manish.

But I guess I see where Kohli was going with this batting lineup. He probably wrote it down 24 hours ago.

RealSports
September 28, 2017, 10:56 AM
I was hoping India will clean-sweep this series.

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 10:58 AM
I was hoping India will clean-sweep this series.

Aus is still a formidable force in limited overs anywhere in the world, I will be pleased with 4-1

Roy_1
September 28, 2017, 11:02 AM
Dhoni gone, Congrats to Aussies, bowled quite well to contain Indian batsmen.

jeesh
September 28, 2017, 11:38 PM
Aus is still a formidable force in limited overs anywhere in the world, I will be pleased with 4-1
I thought there were Sri Lanka in yellow jersey :lol:

Roy_1
September 29, 2017, 05:55 AM
I thought there were Sri Lanka in yellow jersey :lol:

😂

You should be happy Jeesh dada, Lanka is doing very well against the earth shattering, world beating, CT winning Pakistan in their own den.

I told you right, any team would look club level against India in subcontinent, don't mean they are bad teams or anything.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 06:36 AM
Excellent death bowling by Bhuvi and Bumrah yet again, Aus finishes off with 242 on the board.

brockley
October 1, 2017, 06:41 AM
Yes true,but Faulkner is a shadow of the cricketer he used to be.I will be surprised if he gets an IPL deal.
At least Wade got a few away.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 06:43 AM
Rahane will once again score a zero impact half century to secure his place for the next series. Painful for me to see Rahul sitting on bench while duds like Kedar and Rahane playing.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 06:53 AM
Winning against Aus at home is expected, for me the best takeaway is the emergence of our wrist spinning duo, hopefully we will never have to see Ash-Jadd in limited overs anymore .

brockley
October 1, 2017, 07:03 AM
News,we need some new talent.
Faulkner/Wade past it.Maxwell 2 inconsistent.Zampa been 2 inconsistent for a while.
Need to build it round Finch,Warner,Head,Smith,Stoinis,Mitch Marsh,a new spinner not Agar,play 3 pacemen we have lots,3 returning from injury,new keeper who can bat.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 07:11 AM
News,we need some new talent.
Faulkner/Wade past it.Maxwell 2 inconsistent.Zampa been 2 inconsistent for a while.
Need to build it round Finch,Warner,Head,Smith,Stoinis,Mitch Marsh,a new spinner not Agar,play 3 pacemen we have lots,3 returning from injury,new keeper who can bat.

Oh don't worry, your team is fine bar Wade, even England with their ATGesque batting line up couldn't do jack last time they played us.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 07:16 AM
I will continue watching the match again only after Rahane gets out, Won't take long hopefully.

brockley
October 1, 2017, 07:40 AM
Seriously Faulkner has done nothing since the last world cup.
Bancroft keeping for WA in the domestic one dayers,he opens for them in 4 dayers,he could be a chance.
As far as a spinner Nathan Lyon,Michael Swepson a leggie,Darcy Short left arm wrist bowler,Jon Holland,Cameron Boyce a leggie.We have a few options.Until Zampa gets his consistency back, too much T20.

India starting well,and Faulkner on next sheesh.

brockley
October 1, 2017, 08:50 AM
See he is gone,Coulter Nile gets him,wasted a review tho.

simon
October 1, 2017, 09:54 AM
This has been a poor ODI series.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 10:58 AM
4-1 which could have been 5-0 easily, good thing is we won convincingly without much contribution from Kohli, I have seen what happens when you get too dependent on one.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 11:01 AM
I will pray to God everyday and twice on Sundays if that is what it takes to keep Rahane out of our limited over team, another meaningless zero impact half-century, my worst fear came true :facepalm:

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 11:17 AM
Really could have been a whitewash.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 12:36 PM
Really could have been a whitewash.

I am pleased with the result, a 5-0 would have made us too complacent, this is the main difference between us and past ATG teams, not talent or anything, overconfidence mixed with complacency is the major reason why we lost to SL and Pak in CT, mind you both the teams are at least a league or two below us talent-wise.

RealSports
October 1, 2017, 12:39 PM
India is too strong in ODI cricket. They have all departments covered. I agree that Rahul should be a regular in the XI. It will be interesting to see how Pakistan would do in India after their win in the Champions Trophy. I'm not so sure if that final was a one-off or not.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 12:47 PM
India is too strong in ODI cricket. They have all departments covered. I agree that Rahul should be a regular in the XI. It will be interesting to see how Pakistan would do in India after their win in the Champions Trophy. I'm not so sure if that final was a one-off or not.

Dada we will beat Pak 9 out of 10 times anywhere in the world in any format, CT final was a fluke just like SL beating us was a fluke.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 12:54 PM
Above all I loved the pitches for this series, fantastic sporting wks every single one of them while Eng and Aus has been serving pancakes for quite sometime now.

simon
October 1, 2017, 01:27 PM
I am pleased with the result, a 5-0 would have made us too complacent, this is the main difference between us and past ATG teams, not talent or anything, overconfidence mixed with complacency is the major reason why we lost to SL and Pak in CT, mind you both the teams are at least a league or two below us talent-wise.

Ya, whatever makes you feel better.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 02:41 PM
Ya, whatever makes you feel better.

Care to explain what prompted that remark? Have I said anything wrong?

brockley
October 1, 2017, 07:14 PM
http://www.cricket.com.au/news/steve-smith-australia-odi-form-selection-jlt-cup-batsmen-marsh-cooper-white-cowan/2017-10-02
Smith looks 2 domestic players.

Roy_1
October 7, 2017, 09:25 AM
Majestic bowling from Kuldeep, such a pleasure to behold quality wrist spinners

Roy_1
October 7, 2017, 09:30 AM
Reign of Ash-Jadd is over I guess at least in limited overs

Eclipse
October 7, 2017, 09:40 AM
Pathetic fielding by the Indians. Australia should've been 7 down by now.

Roy_1
October 7, 2017, 11:00 AM
The rain robbed us of a easy victory here, does not seem like it would stop any sooner

Roy_1
October 7, 2017, 12:24 PM
So we won again, easy peasy, if rain had not interrupted we could have won without losing a wk.

Yankees
October 7, 2017, 12:28 PM
Why didn't Smith play? Injury?

IndYeah
October 7, 2017, 12:30 PM
Why didn't Smith play? Injury?

Hurt his shoulder while fielding in the last ODI.

lakers81
October 7, 2017, 12:32 PM
Maxwell continues to be Chahal's bunny throughout the series.

How many times has he gotten out by him 4 times I believe.

aklemalp
October 7, 2017, 12:35 PM
The domination continues.

Well done India

Eclipse
October 7, 2017, 12:59 PM
Sheer domination.

IndYeah
October 8, 2017, 07:33 AM
Sheer domination.

This series is a step backwards for the Indian team. Australia's failure to compete has resulted in India not correcting their selection errors, most notably in T20s. India was lucky to win the home ODI series against England.

Roy_1
October 10, 2017, 09:55 AM
We are struggling big time in this 2nd t20

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 09:58 AM
3 overs left. 30 runs and Ind should win this one.

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 10:02 AM
Sheer domination.:wow:
:-B
:smh:
:waiting:
:timeout:
:-t
:)
:lol:
:floor:
:callme:

Roy_1
October 10, 2017, 10:08 AM
:wow:

Not today, agreed. We love to chill sometime and give the opposition a chance to fight back :D

IndYeah
October 10, 2017, 10:14 AM
:wow:

Still scored more in a T20 than BD managed in a test innings. :wave:

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 10:17 AM
Still scored more in a T20 than BD managed in a test innings. :wave:My Brother, I love you. Same goes for Roy. That post was meant for a specific person/bot who is missing for obvious reason and I put a lot of thought in to it. Please ignore my previous post. :)

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 10:20 AM
That feeling when you don't understand the sarcasm of a post. I got the gist of the post TE

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 10:24 AM
Chal and Kuldeep enough for Australia.

My Prediction: Australia, bowled out for 79

IndYeah
October 10, 2017, 10:33 AM
Chal and Kuldeep enough for Australia.

My Prediction: Australia, bowled out for 79

Nah, India 25 runs short. Aussie win. Fairly easy.

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 10:36 AM
Nah, India 25 runs short. Aussie win. Fairly easy.
And Warner walks towards the pavilion already. :)

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 10:38 AM
gotta ake 9 wickets for 67 more runs

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 10:42 AM
2nd one down...

8 more wickets for 66 runs to satisfy my prediction :)

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 10:46 AM
Come on now, change the bowler. Let Head face Hardik

Roy_1
October 10, 2017, 10:48 AM
Exciting crowd, great to see so many turned up despite week day

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 10:51 AM
Good pressure from B Kumar. It is time to unleash the spinners.

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 10:56 AM
Bumrah is leaking runs, take him out

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 11:00 AM
Replays seem to suggest there was a nick when Bhuvneshwar bowled to Henriques in the last over - ball 4.5 when they asked the umpire for a caught behind. Kohli wanted to review, but Dhoni shook his head

Okay then...

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 11:04 AM
Ind may want to keep Henrique around a little longer. Without his two sixes 7 of 19. :)

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 11:06 AM
Henrikayes is set now.

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 11:10 AM
Oh well. This is over. This partnership killed it.

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 11:11 AM
Debut with a MOM. Nice work Jason Paul Behrendorff.

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 11:17 AM
The importance of having a left-right batting combo.

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 11:18 AM
Well they are currently on the score that I predicted.

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 11:25 AM
27 of 42 needed for Australia to win this one.

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 11:31 AM
100 up with a six. It's Henrikayes' 3rd maximum

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 11:38 AM
Game, set, and match

IndYeah
October 10, 2017, 11:49 AM
Game, set, and match

Told you so.:)

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 11:53 AM
They let Henrikayes dictate terms. Ending on his highest score in T20Is

brockley
October 10, 2017, 12:49 PM
PPL having fun with Henriques name,of course why not.:)
Its Portuquese btw.
Didn't see it but impressed with Behrendorf always have been,can't wait to see the highlights.
But yes Henrikayes is how its pronounced.:):up:

Fazal
October 10, 2017, 02:41 PM
Rock thrown at Australian team bus.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20981317/rock-thrown-australia-team-bus-says-aaron-finch

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 02:43 PM

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20981317/rock-thrown-australia-team-bus-says-aaron-finch
Read that. Scary. Hope no one is mentally injured.

Roy_1
October 10, 2017, 04:07 PM

Absolutely disgusting and deplorable to say the least, thank God no one is hurt

Night_wolf
October 10, 2017, 08:52 PM

this is really sad, I cant blame the security, with so many people in our sub continent its hard to control single idiots in a crowd

FB e amar deser gadha gula akta topic pabe akhon..gadha gula jodi bujhto you should not throw stones at other houses when you yourself live in a glass house

NoName
October 10, 2017, 10:45 PM
Desis must not like Aussie buses lol

iDumb
October 10, 2017, 10:53 PM

I had a question if anyone knows about glasses...

Are tehre bullet proof, shatter proof glasses... and can't there be bus with those glasses? I feel like it is a no brainer as part of security in subcontinent... at least a shatter proof from rock...

For someone to throw a rock from distance - it has to be pretty light for a projectile throw... seems like very filmsy glasses ... but then i guess all car glasses are pretty filmsy as part of safety? to dissipate imapact?

Habib
October 11, 2017, 06:53 AM

Are tehre bullet proof, shatter proof glasses... and can't there be bus with those glasses? I feel like it is a no brainer as part of security in subcontinent... at least a shatter proof from rock...

Yes I wonder the same.

DinRaat.
October 11, 2017, 07:04 AM

For someone to throw a rock from distance - it has to be pretty light for a projectile throw... seems like very filmsy glasses ... but then i guess all car glasses are pretty filmsy as part of safety? to dissipate imapact?

Because the buses in India and Bangladesh are japanese/foreign rejects that are centuries old. A bus has 50 seats, out of those 40-45 have windows, adding shatterproof/bullet proof glass is expensive. Do you think bus companies in third world countries care about that, these buses are also charter buses, so don't expect first class quality.

Sorry for rambling, but bulletproof glasses are not technically bulletproof(the cheap/ones anyway), they just slow down the bullet, to make the injuries less severe

If you look closely at the shattered glasses, you can notice its thickness, basically its just 1-3mm thick, of course it is gonna shatter into a million peices. If shatter proof glass did exist on the bus, it would of just resulted in a spiderweb of cracked glass.

https://cdn4.explainthatstuff.com/how-bulletproof-glass-works.png

BTW, what car do you drive, car glasses are pretty/very strong. They can resist 60mph crashes, with breaking into a million pieces(modern cars that is). Windshields/Glass, in cars are not meant to be flimsy, if they were you have thousands of shrapnel like glasses flying at your face. Glass in cars are rigid, not flimsy.

You are right when you said they dissipate impact modern windshields consist of glass-plastic-glass. The first layer of glass usually shatters, and the plastic evenly dissipates impact.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.f150forum.com-vbulletin/600x337/80-21svfo_jpg_14cdd99d0a6d677f608f72e6bff216fddeacec8 e.gif

Sorry for rambling.

Tigers_eye
October 11, 2017, 08:40 AM
Desis must not like Aussie buses lolHahaha!!!

The buses are not Aussie bus. Those are Desi buses. Little do they know. Damaging their own country's property. Kichui jai asey na. :(

+++
Let me tell you a story.

Once in Germany, there was a discussion with them folks and there was political unrest going on BD. Bhaang, chur etc. etc. So a German says, if you give a gun to a DRUNK German and ask him to shoot someone, he may do it. If you give him a brick and ask him to throw at a glass window of a Govt. building; he will NEVER do it.

Such is their "desh prem" even on a drunk state. Kothai amra ar kothai ora. Unnoti kader hobay? :facepalm:

simon
October 11, 2017, 11:31 AM
Hahaha!!!

The buses are not Aussie bus. Those are Desi buses. Little do they know. Damaging their own country's property. Kichui jai asey na. :(

+++
Let me tell you a story.

Once in Germany, there was a discussion with them folks and there was political unrest going on BD. Bhaang, chur etc. etc. So a German says, if you give a gun to a DRUNK German and ask him to shoot someone, he may do it. If you give him a brick and ask him to throw at a glass window of a Govt. building; he will NEVER do it.

Such is their "desh prem" even on a drunk state. Kothai amra ar kothai ora. Unnoti kader hobay? :facepalm:
Thats because govt.glass windows are bullet, boma proof, so no point throwing bricks.
Ekhaney desh prem er kichu nai

Tigers_eye
October 11, 2017, 11:34 AM
Thats because govt.glass windows are bullet, boma proof, so no point throwing bricks.
Ekhaney desh prem er kichu nai
Shetai.

Dear Khalamma,
Please instill bulletproof windows in all Govt. buildings. You have the money. You can do it. Give out some tenders to some of the BD people. Nasir glass Co. will be very appreciative. They may sponsor BD cricket. :)

NoName
October 11, 2017, 12:40 PM
Hahaha!!!

Hehe, I meant buses full of Aussies

bujhee kom
October 18, 2017, 01:08 PM
Seriously, who is this MOhila? What is this Dengido?