PDA

View Full Version : Ireland A Tour of Bangladesh, October 2017

Eshen
September 16, 2017, 05:06 PM
Ireland A to arrive on Oct 7 (http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/cricket/ireland-arrive-oct-7-1463233)

Schedule:

Oct 11-14: Four day match at Sylhet

Oct 17, 19, 21, 24 and 26: Five match one-day series at Cox's Bazar

SportingBD
September 16, 2017, 05:27 PM
Good news.

Wish it was an away tour. But better than nothing I guess.

Gowza
September 16, 2017, 06:08 PM
Great news, should be an interesting series!

aklemalp
September 16, 2017, 06:12 PM
Good news. Hope for the best to both teams.

Eshen
September 16, 2017, 06:28 PM
My XI for the four day match would be -

Shahriar Nafees
Anamul Haque
Saif Hasan
Nazmul Shanto
Naeem Islam
Nasir Hossain
Nurul Hasan
Abul Hasan
Ebadat Hossain
Saqlain Sajib
Jubair Hossain

Hope Ireland will send a strong team with most of their national players.

Gowza
September 16, 2017, 06:43 PM

Shahriar Nafees
Anamul Haque
Saif Hasan
Nazmul Shanto
Naeem Islam
Nasir Hossain
Nurul Hasan
Abul Hasan
Ebadat Hossain
Saqlain Sajib
Jubair Hossain

How about saifuddin? I'm thinking liton should play this series, unless he's in national colours. Would also like rony to get some experience here. My pacers for the squad would be saifuddin, ebadat and rony, in them you get swing (saifuddin), pace (ebadat) and line and length (rony).

brockley
September 16, 2017, 08:44 PM
Not on Cricket Europe which is a surprise.

Donal C
September 17, 2017, 10:24 AM
Vepu I expect you to be at every game on my behalf

Eshen
September 17, 2017, 06:59 PM
How about saifuddin? I'm thinking liton should play this series, unless he's in national colours. Would also like rony to get some experience here. My pacers for the squad would be saifuddin, ebadat and rony, in them you get swing (saifuddin), pace (ebadat) and line and length (rony).Likes of Saifuddin and Rony are better suited for LOIs. My proposed team here is for the four-day match.

If Liton is sent back after the Test series in SA, he will not make it back in time for the four day match. That case, he should be in consideration for the A-team one-day matches as well.

brockley
September 18, 2017, 05:06 AM
http://www.cricketeurope.com/DATABASE/ARTICLES2017/articles/000047/004755-p.shtml
Irish A squad.

Eshen
September 18, 2017, 09:49 AM
"13 of the 16 players have senior international experience - only Jack Tector, Shane Getkate and Nathan Smith are uncapped at the top level...."

"Four of the squad have previous experience of Bangladesh, with George Dockrell, Andrew McBrine, James Shannon and Stuart Thompson all included in Ireland's squad for the 2014 ICC World Twenty20 tournament."

Looks like a fairly strong team!

Donal C
September 18, 2017, 01:09 PM
I'm quite happy with the squad but im happier still this is actually happening.

One of the big reasons for our slide recently was a total absence of any cricket for the fringe or underage players. Its so damn crucial we continue having tours like these, and the squad itself has a good mix of internationals who need gametime and young players as well as domestic performers. This is the first time ever we'll be touring a FM with an A side.

Really looking forward to following these games, regardless of results. Hope the guys take their chances.

brockley
September 19, 2017, 01:01 AM
Its obvious Ireland,keen to pick fringe players.Even tho some have been round donkeyears.
Thought MCcollom,Delaney and Little unlucky.

Cricket4All
September 19, 2017, 01:43 AM

Shahriar Nafees
Anamul Haque
Saif Hasan
Nazmul Shanto
Naeem Islam
Nasir Hossain
Nurul Hasan
Abul Hasan
Ebadat Hossain
Saqlain Sajib
Jubair Hossain

I think this team is PERFECT for the 4-day match. But we will be playing only one 4-day match along with 5 OD match. Based on the need for the NT I would probably tweak the batting order a bit as well as I would like like to change couple of players for the 5 match ODI series.

Playing XI for 4-Day Match:
Shahriar Nafees
Anamul Haque [ NT needs an option for RHB/LHB combination for opening slot]
Nazmul Shanto [ We desperately need a #3 to keep mini at #4]
Saif Hasan [ This young turk should be introduced at #4, then gradually work his way up]
Naeem Islam
Nasir Hossain
Nurul Hasan
Abul Hasan
Abu Jayed Rahi
Saqlain Sajib
Jubair Hossain

Playing XI for OD Match:
Shahriar Nafees
Anamul Haque
Nazmul Shanto
Naeem Islam
Nasir Hossain
Nurul Hasan
Saifuddin
Mehedi Miraz [ He needs more one day match time ]
Abul Hasan
Ebadat Hossain
Saqlain Sajib

Considering the fact that Al-Amin hussain and Shahid would not be selected mainly due to disciplinary reasons and potential U-19 players like Afif will be busy playing age level tournament at that time, this is the best team we can field which will give valuable match time for these fringe players.

RealSports
September 19, 2017, 09:11 AM
Ireland have test status now, yet they can't seem to get much Cricket. This tour may seem irrelevant, but it's not. Still, I'd be surprised if Bangladesh loses a game to Ireland. They could've also involved Zimbabwe on this tour. A triangular series would've made more sense.

Donal C
September 19, 2017, 12:30 PM
Its obvious Ireland,keen to pick fringe players..

Err its an A tour, thats the whole point.

Even tho some have been round donkeyears.

Examples??? Bar Anderson all of them are below 30, and Anderson could get a couple years of test cricket yet since its the format hes most suited to.

Thought MCcollom,Delaney and Little unlucky

Delaney wouldve been a good pick but hes still fairly raw.

McCollom is competing vs Tector,Terry Balbirnie and Shannon for a top order slot, unlucky for him all 4 have been in better form!

Little also is still 17, I'm sure Cricket Ireland will have something for the U19 guys (7 of whom are eligible for the next U19 WC as well IIRC) before the WC.

Fazal
September 19, 2017, 02:08 PM
Shouldn't our Team B play with Ireland team A?

..... just kidding.

brockley
September 19, 2017, 06:00 PM
Most of them have played for Ireland and failed.
Look at Dockerill how many chances does he get.
Should have been more youth based.

Donal C
September 19, 2017, 06:46 PM
Most of them have played for Ireland and failed.
Look at Dockerill how many chances does he get.
Should have been more youth based.

lmao Dockrell is 25 mate. He was once one of the hottest spinners going. Has regressed certainly but the lad has proven on the world stage hes got what it takes, just needs to rediscover that. What better than a tour of Bangladesh??

Shannon last played in the 2013 WT20Q. Hes 27 now and has bossed the domestic scene, he certainly deserves a shot. Entering his prime

Sean Terry is 26, again has performed for the Wolves in the last game vs NZ.

Balbirnie is 26. Had injury issues, needs game time. Also a shot to prove his captaincy skills as he may well be next in line.

S Poynter is 26. Had his best ever season for Durham. Just hit 157no for Durham seconds after a long spell with the firsts.

McCarthy is 25, has been unreal since his debut, 1 record breaking horror show vs Afg aside.

Peter Chase is 23, has a bit of pace and talented, his issue is line and length. Perfect tour for him

Lorcan Tucker was one of the leading run scorers overall at the last U19 WC. Age 21.

John Anderson is 35 in two weeks. Performed domestically, young guys could do with a sensible head accompanying them and the guy is well in line to get a Test cap next year if he performs, which he always does at the 4 day stuff. Would I have him for ODI's? No but no harm having him along.

Jack Tector is just 21, hell Im older lol. Top batsman domestically arguably, very talented perfect shot for him and will be a big test.

Shane Getkate is 25, great performances years back at u19 level, captained the wolves prior, performed domestically with ball.

Mulder is 22. Has immense potential and has ripped apart many associate sides. But as young leggies are he needs time, experience games. Perfect for him as well

Simi Singh performed at A and domestic level, not done it yet at senior but has only had about 2 or 3 games. Age 30

Nathan Smith is 22, also done well domestically. Not capped yet.

Stuart Thompson is 26. Was fantastic in the t20 vs Afghans in March, not done it in ODIs though but has potential for sure.

McBrine is 24, again a promising bowling all rounder.

So thats an average age of

378 years divided by 16 players is an average age of 23.6. How much more youth do you need lol. Take out Dockrell (130 odd caps) Balbirnie and Thompson I reckon youve got under or about 50 senior caps in that side. Really dont see any arguments against that selection.

Rinathq
September 19, 2017, 11:49 PM
my squad would be
For test,

Shahriar Nafees (c)
Anamul Haque
Nazmul Hossain
Nasir Hossain
Tushar Imran
Nurul Hasan
Alok Kapali
Saqlain Sajib
Jubair Hossain
Al Amin Hossain
Abu Haider Rony

12th Saif Hasan

for ODIs,

Anamul Haque
Mehedi Maruf
Nazmul Hossain
Shahriar Nafees (c)
Nasir Hossain
Marshal Ayub
Nurul Hasan
Saifuddin
Arafat Sunny
Abu Hider
Al Amin Hossain

Rest: Saif Hasan, Nihaduzzaman, Forhad Reza

Eshen
September 20, 2017, 08:40 AM
My team for the one-day series would be -

Anamul
LKD (WK)
Shanto
Momin (C)
Nasir
Al Amin
Saifuddin
Tanbir
A Sunny
Abu Hider
Al Amin Hossain

Bench: Mehedi Maruf, Marshall, Nihaduzzaman, Abul Hasan

Donal C
September 20, 2017, 05:22 PM
Any chances of these being streamed?

Like static 2 camera streams even.

al Furqaan
September 20, 2017, 07:29 PM
Any chances of these being streamed?

Like static 2 camera streams even.

Not a chance. BCB cant even be bothered to arrange A team matches and you want a live broadcast. Might as well ask for DRS and a pony. :lol:

Donal C
September 21, 2017, 12:21 PM
lol man I aint expecting a commentary team or broadcast or anything, but boards nowadays tend to have static cameras at each end of a wicket or 1 end and they can sometimes be used for streaming as well.

al Furqaan
September 21, 2017, 02:00 PM
lol man I aint expecting a commentary team or broadcast or anything, but boards nowadays tend to have static cameras at each end of a wicket or 1 end and they can sometimes be used for streaming as well.

BCB management has regressed alarmingly in the past couple of years. I think their focus is solely on BPL. **** hasn't hit the fan since the team is winning games, but that is papering over the massive infrastructural gaps. At this rate we will be exposed sooner rather than later.

Eshen
September 21, 2017, 02:10 PM
Sorry Donal, in Digital Bangladesh, the richest sports body in the country do not know how to stream a match online.

Their IT manager most likely is a family member of some board director, who most likely does not even have a clue what you're asking for.

Eshen
October 4, 2017, 10:51 AM
BCB decided to field the HP squad as the A-team in the series, ignoring senior players such as Anam, Tushar, AA Hossain who are doing so well in NCL!

Bangladesh A squad for the four-day match: Nazmul Hossain Shanto (Captain), Saif Hassan, Shadman Islam, Al-Amin, Zakir Hasan, Yasir Ali Rabbi, Nurul Hasan Sohan, Sunzamul Islam, Nayeem Hasan, Ebadat Hossain, Abu Hider Rony, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Jubair Hossain.

http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/10/shanto-to-lead-in-four-day-against-ireland-a/

Mahedi Hasan has been axed out of the team despite doing well with both bat and ball lately!

One World
October 4, 2017, 11:18 AM
More garbage from selectors.

Eshen
October 4, 2017, 11:36 AM
[বাংলা]রানের বন্যা বইয়েও তুষারদের জায়গা হয় না ‘এ’ দলে (রানের বন্যা বইয়েও তুষারদের জায়গা হয় না ‘এ’ দলে)[/বাংলা][বাংলা]এবার জাতীয় লিগের যে তিন রাউন্ড হয়েছে, ৮০.২৫ গড়ে ১ সেঞ্চুরি ও ৩ ফিফটিতে ৩২১ রান করে সবার ওপরে আছেন তুষার ইমরান। ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে তুষারের রানের বন্যা বইয়ে দেওয়া আর নতুন কী! ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে ভালো খেলছেন আবদুর রাজ্জাক, নাঈম ইসলাম, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিক, শাহরিয়ার নাফীস, অলক কাপালিদের মতো বহুদিন জাতীয় দলের বাইরে থাকা খেলোয়াড়েরাও। কিন্তু রান-বন্যা বইয়েও তো লাভ হচ্ছে না। নির্বাচকেরা যে ভুলেই গেছেন তাঁদের!

গত ফেব্রুয়ারিতে ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে দুর্দান্ত খেলা খেলোয়াড়দের ভবিষ্যৎ নিয়ে প্রধান নির্বাচক মিনহাজুল আবেদীন বলেছিলেন, ‘অনেক দিন আমাদের “এ” দলের ম্যাচ হচ্ছে না। আমাদের ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে বেশ কিছু খেলোয়াড় কিছুদিন ধরেই অসাধারণ খেলছে। এদের একটা প্ল্যাটফর্ম আমাদের দিতে হবে।’ কিন্তু সেই ‘প্ল্যাটফর্ম’টা তাঁদের দেওয়া হচ্ছে কোথায়? দেশের মাঠে আয়ারল্যান্ড ‘এ’ দলের বিপক্ষে একটি আনঅফিশিয়াল টেস্টের জন্য যে দল আজ দেওয়া হয়েছে, সেটিতে নেই তুষারদের মতো অভিজ্ঞ কোনো খেলোয়াড়। এই যে তুষার, নাঈম, জুনায়েদ, অলক, রাজ্জাকদের কথা বলা হচ্ছে, সময়ের স্রোতে তাঁদের সামনে এখন কঠিন বাস্তবতা। জাতীয় দলের দরজাটা কি তবে বন্ধই হয়ে গেল?

অভিজ্ঞ খেলোয়াড়দের সুযোগ না দেওয়া নিয়ে বিসিবির নির্বাচক হাবিবুল বাশার বললেন, ‘আমাদের জাতীয় দলটা তো এখন দেশের বাইরে। এইচপি দলের হয়ে যারা কদিন আগে ভালো করেছে, তাদের গুরুত্ব দেওয়া হয়েছে। শাহরিয়ার নাফীসকে রাখতে চেয়েছিলাম। কিন্তু নাকের অস্ত্রোপচার করায় অনেক দিন সে মাঠের বাইরে। নতুন কিছু সম্ভাবনাময় তরুণ খেলোয়াড় আছে আমাদের, তাদের একটু দেখতে চাচ্ছি।’ [/বাংলা]

al Furqaan
October 4, 2017, 11:49 AM
Tushar would waste a spot. Doesnt matter if he is averaging 200. AA is not a pace bowler worthy of playing at the highest level. Anam is the only guy who should have gotten in, but if he hasnt worked on his technique he too would be a pointless selection.

Eshen
October 4, 2017, 11:58 AM
^^ Like someone once said, there is good logic, there is bad logic, and then there is al Furqaan logic :lol:

In reality, AA has done much better than your idol Taskin in each and every level, in any format of the game. Only problem is that he is not as adorable as Taskin.

Fazal
October 4, 2017, 12:22 PM
Taskin may not have a brain, but you have to admit he is cute and handsome.
Chele hoke... meye hoke.... orr misti misti dusto hasite sobai goley jai.

In contract AA looks like a bhokhate chele.... wicket pele ki hobe... dekte akdom...

Max100
October 4, 2017, 01:12 PM
Stupid selection. It shows the door is closed for one time discarded. Very unfair compare to other board.

If misbah, younis, tharanga, Samuels, Gayle, herath, ajmal are BD players,they would never get 2nd chance

Max100
October 4, 2017, 01:14 PM
Even India gives chance to player like nehra, NZ gave chance to grant Elliott.

In form players are asset to the team.

Eshen
October 4, 2017, 01:25 PM
Irony is that Nannu often complains how he was discriminated against in late stage of his career, despite dominating NCL. Yet senior players are facing worst discriminations under his reign!

brockley
October 4, 2017, 04:58 PM
I guess you got to back them for backing yth.
The others have 2 prove themselves in domestic cricket I guess.
But looking on paper the heavy laden,and heavily aged Ireland side should win,thats should,but you never know.
Good experience for the under 19 guys.

Gowza
October 4, 2017, 05:03 PM
Think they need to be picking saifuddin for A team stuff, he's already been in the national team fray, they should be trying to develop him and give him experience. Good to see shanto, rony and ebadat though.

al Furqaan
October 4, 2017, 05:59 PM
^^ Like someone once said, there is good logic, there is bad logic, and then there is al Furqaan logic :lol:

In reality, AA has done much better than your idol Taskin in each and every level, in any format of the game. Only problem is that he is not as adorable as Taskin.

All levels excluding Tests, ODIs, and T20Is...sure. But why would you leave out the most important levels?

Especially in ODIs, only seamer who has done better than Taskin is Mustafiz and Mash. And one of those guys is about to retire.

Donal C
October 4, 2017, 06:09 PM
But looking on paper the heavy laden,and heavily aged Ireland side should win,thats should,but you never know.
Good experience for the under 19 guys.

Already responded to this garbage before in the thread.

lmao Dockrell is 25 mate. He was once one of the hottest spinners going. Has regressed certainly but the lad has proven on the world stage hes got what it takes, just needs to rediscover that. What better than a tour of Bangladesh??

Shannon last played in the 2013 WT20Q. Hes 27 now and has bossed the domestic scene, he certainly deserves a shot. Entering his prime

Sean Terry is 26, again has performed for the Wolves in the last game vs NZ.

Balbirnie is 26. Had injury issues, needs game time. Also a shot to prove his captaincy skills as he may well be next in line.

S Poynter is 26. Had his best ever season for Durham. Just hit 157no for Durham seconds after a long spell with the firsts.

McCarthy is 25, has been unreal since his debut, 1 record breaking horror show vs Afg aside.

Peter Chase is 23, has a bit of pace and talented, his issue is line and length. Perfect tour for him

Lorcan Tucker was one of the leading run scorers overall at the last U19 WC. Age 21.

John Anderson is 35 in two weeks. Performed domestically, young guys could do with a sensible head accompanying them and the guy is well in line to get a Test cap next year if he performs, which he always does at the 4 day stuff. Would I have him for ODI's? No but no harm having him along.

Jack Tector is just 21, hell Im older lol. Top batsman domestically arguably, very talented perfect shot for him and will be a big test.

Shane Getkate is 25, great performances years back at u19 level, captained the wolves prior, performed domestically with ball.

Mulder is 22. Has immense potential and has ripped apart many associate sides. But as young leggies are he needs time, experience games. Perfect for him as well

Simi Singh performed at A and domestic level, not done it yet at senior but has only had about 2 or 3 games. Age 30

Nathan Smith is 22, also done well domestically. Not capped yet.

Stuart Thompson is 26. Was fantastic in the t20 vs Afghans in March, not done it in ODIs though but has potential for sure.

McBrine is 24, again a promising bowling all rounder.

So thats an average age of

378 years divided by 16 players is an average age of 23.6. How much more youth do you need lol. Take out Dockrell (130 odd caps) Balbirnie and Thompson I reckon youve got under or about 50 senior caps in that side. Really dont see any arguments against that selection.

Unless 25 has become heavily aged in which case I've 4 years left until Im an old man

Eshen
October 4, 2017, 06:20 PM
All levels excluding Tests, ODIs, and T20Is...sure. But why would you leave out the most important levels?

Especially in ODIs, only seamer who has done better than Taskin is Mustafiz and Mash. And one of those guys is about to retire.
I am sure that's how things seem in the La La land you live. But reality says otherwise. Here is ODI bowling stats for our pacers in last five years - http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=2;filter=advan ced;orderby=bowling_average;spanmax1=04+Oct+2017;s panmin1=04+Oct+2012;spanval1=span;team=25;template =results;type=bowling

AA's ODI average and SR are second only to Fizz. Let's not even talk about how horrible Taskin is in the other two formats :lol:

Eshen
October 4, 2017, 06:39 PM

That's what we thought too. But then comes Tushar Imran who dominates domestics for two seasons, yet get ignored!

A-team matches not supposed to be for development of U/19 graduates. It supposed to be for players who are knocking on the door for the national team, someone selectors can call onto when a player from the national team needs to be replaced. Likes of Shadman, Al-Amin (the batsman, not the pacer), or Yasir Ali are far from reaching that state! They did not look convincing even in the Academy matches they played over last few months, yet they get promoted to the A-team!

Gowza
October 4, 2017, 07:47 PM
Depends, if the selectors really don't see a future for seniors like tushar then it's fine they don't select them form A team cricket because they'd be investing time and money in something they wouldn't utilise.

Tushar is 34 in December, he's had a good number of opportunities at the international level (mainly ODIs), maybe they just don't think it's worth putting more time and money into him. Tushar is at an age where he could retire at any minute, he literally needs to be ready right now to perform at a high international standard otherwise if it's going to take a couple of years to get him up to scratch there is way more upside putting the time and money into a youngster that's going to give you 10-15 years.

I'm not trying to downplay seniors contribution to BD cricket, they are an important asset to developing young talent but if you've got a 33yr old bat and a 20-29 year old bat and can only pick one of them but they are both at around about the same level who is the better long term choice?

Not everyone can play until they are 40 or even 36/37, some can handle it, some can't.

Eshen
October 4, 2017, 07:57 PM
^^ Gowza, you do have a point regarding Tushar, he does not have the fitness of Misbah or Younus.

But how about Anamul or Junaid? BCB invested a lot on them too, yet squandering them by not giving them a way to move back into the national team. None of them are yet that old to be thrown away in this manner, and both of them have been doing well since last season.

In the current A-team, you have Shadman who struggled against County 2nd XIs last month, and Saif who miserably failing against Afghan U/19 team! If you're looking for a replacement for Imrul in the next Test series, it will be ridiculous even to consider them!

Gowza
October 4, 2017, 08:06 PM
^^ Gowza, you do have a point regarding Tushar, he does not have the fitness of Misbah or Younus.

But how about Anamul or Junaid? BCB invested a lot on them too, yet squandering them by not giving them a way to move back into the national team. None of them are yet that old to be thrown away in this manner, and both of them have been doing well since last season.

In the current A-team, you have Shadman who struggled against County 2nd XIs last month, and Saif who miserably failing against Afghan U/19 team! If you're looking for a replacement for Imrul in the next Test series, it will be ridiculous even to consider them!

Yeah that's a good point about guys like anamul, junaid etc at the same time saif and Shadman might not have done so well lately but they are still leading domestic performers. Saif average 47.92 in FC cricket and he playd 21 matches so it's a decent amount of matches for a youngster to keep that sort of record. Shadman is averaging 40 so not as impressive but it's still solid.

Definitely guys like anamul, someone like tasamul, naeem etc they should be getting opportunities, really anyone who is doing well should be in contention for a spot, then it also comes down the team composition and what they want in the team.

DinRaat.
October 4, 2017, 09:02 PM
Tushar would waste a spot. Doesnt matter if he is averaging 200. AA is not a pace bowler worthy of playing at the highest level. Anam is the only guy who should have gotten in, but if he hasnt worked on his technique he too would be a pointless selection.

There's idiot, there's retardation and then there's Taskin Ahmed, your obsession with Taski is so baffling.

He is such a bad bowler, he shoots one hit me bowl every over.

BengaliPagol
October 4, 2017, 09:03 PM
used to enjoy al Furqaan's posting. Sadly blind emotions and also egotism in regards to "your worthy of a response when you have similar amount of posts than me" is dimnishing your stocks as a decent poster on BC. On top of that brushing every single other performer under the carpet and holding Taskin in such high status is baffling. Taskin has some good but he is severely lacking in skills to be a genuine test pacer.

But then again who I am to dictate terms in regards to how you should think. Im only on 7k posts. Ill have to wait another 10 years to be on your level.

DinRaat.
October 4, 2017, 09:11 PM
IMO, Taskin is nothing special, he has been hyped up and he has been given too much fame at a young age, doesn't look like he wants to improve.

Sadly he will end up as another Mohammad Irfan or Wahab Riaz. Minus the pace and aggression.

If you take that match between India A and bangladesh he averages an umimpressive 5.85 eco. That's just touching six. Ironically bowlers like Al-Amin who have been neglected have a sweet economy of just 5.14.

Now Taskin Ahmed fans will come out with their pitchforks stating that it's the fielders fault for dropping his balls.

DinRaat.
October 4, 2017, 09:20 PM
[বাংলা][/বাংলা](Moderated)

Immaturity of the highest level, yet more ironically coming out of a such "seasoned and veteran poster"

al Furqaan
October 4, 2017, 09:27 PM
I am sure that's how things seem in the La La land you live. But reality says otherwise. Here is ODI bowling stats for our pacers in last five years - http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=2;filter=advan ced;orderby=bowling_average;spanmax1=04+Oct+2017;s panmin1=04+Oct+2012;spanval1=span;team=25;template =results;type=bowling

AA's ODI average and SR are second only to Fizz. Let's not even talk about how horrible Taskin is in the other two formats :lol:

Taskin has a significantly better T20I econ rate. Chasing 140-5 is easier than 190 all out. Just saying. But who really cares about T20s anyways? AA could be Malcolm Marshall, I really wouldn't be that impressed.

In ODIs, you would have to give me AA's CV because I can't come up with it off the top of my head. He's got a marginally better average than Taskin, and is a better death bowler. I'll give him that.

But Taskin has - in addition to a hattrick (OK in a meaningless phase of the game but still a hattrick is a hattrick) - clutch performances down the stretch.

2015 WC vs England, Taskin got Jos Buttler or whoever it was top-scored for England at a vital point down the stretch when the game could have gone either way. Then he did everything to seal the win when Tamim dropped Woakes in a now-infamous dolly. That catch taken, and Rubel doesn't even need to mop up the tail (full credit to Rubel though). Now what part of Tamim dropping that sitter is Taskin's fault? I sure would like to know.

India series win...we all know Fizz was the MOS there - and yet the phrase "eclipse logic" is a term that hasn't been coined yet. But OK, I guess you guys have realized he's a troll merely pretending to be Bangladeshi. Fairi enough. But India was sitting pretty at 95-0 inside 17 overs chasing 300 when Taskin got rid of two mediocre batters named Dhawan and Kohli (when has he ever won a game chasing a total???) - setting the game up for the genius that is Fizz.

England series 2016. OK fine it was just an England A team...but Taskin still got the big wickets down the stretch to ice the one game we won.

In Tests, neither AA nor Taskin has played a statistically significant (n = 20) number of innings. But you factor in the regulation catches dropped off his bowling and Taskin would have a similar average to AA's 70+.

If they are all averaging 70+, who would you take between Rubel, AA, or a quick-by-BD-standards young bowler with a higher talent ceiling bowler?

al Furqaan
October 4, 2017, 09:30 PM
Immaturity of the highest level, yet more ironically coming out of a such "seasoned and veteran poster"

Only if you happen to be some fob uncle with a prudish sense of bhodrota. I'm sure you've heard far worse from the youths of Sydney.

al Furqaan
October 4, 2017, 09:36 PM
Its probably been long overdue now, and since wiser heads than me have fled years in advance, its probably time I take my posting to greener pastures. I'll still browse the site, but its obvious my posting no longer fits the narrative here. No hard feelings, peace out.

Eshen
October 4, 2017, 09:43 PM
^^ No hard feelings either Asad. I deleted my earlier post.

Your disrespect towards other forum members were getting very annoying. I think it's a good idea if you take a break, and come back some time later to remember why you liked to spend so much time here to begin with.

al Furqaan
October 4, 2017, 10:19 PM

Your disrespect towards other forum members were getting very annoying. I think it's a good idea if you take a break, and come back some time later to remember why you liked to spend so much time here to begin with.

You're alright, Eshen.

I wanted to "retire" from the forum about 2 years ago, and actually did so for the most part. The forum changed. When I first came here, in 2004, Bangladesh were a pathetic side. If you listen to many of the present day forumites rants on Mushy's captaincy, Taskin's bowling, Shakib's recklessness, yada yada yada one would find it hard to believe we're not that same side still, ranked well behind Kenya.

If you look throughout the forum, very few of the old heads are still here. Forums outlive their usefulness. Or maybe its just life and other demands. Most of the old guys now have families and kids, so its understandable. But then again, they have stopped posting completely. I know them on facebook, and they are still following and in many cases watching every ball live to this day, yet they stopped posting.

This forum was a means of coping for BD fans in the days when we truly did suck. Kids these days complain about Mushfiq's captaincy...back then we had HaBa. People complain about Shakib's impulses...back then we had Ash and Aftab. People complain about Taskin...back then we had Md Sharif and Dollar Mahmud.

Frankly, we don't need the group therapy of BC anymore. If the team loses a game, we know we can win the next one, or at worst the one after that. In 2004, you didn't know if the next win would come, forget about when.

Times change, people change. Forums change.

I'm sure I will still browse, but I really don't see the point of posting. Maybe I'm growing too old to keep beefing with everyone (there was a time when I relished that...I am probably BC's most banned member).

I'm sure culture plays a role as well. Apart from cricman and Rommel who never posts here anymore, I'm one of the very few guys who was actually born in the US. I didn't just immigrate to America to take a white man's job, I am America. At least I was till last year haha.

This forum did give me amazing times. I learned a lot about the game from here. But its probably time to move on.

I might still post if I really really feel the urge, but I think its safe to say this chapter ends here. Perhaps like an Asian cricketer's career, the end probably came a few years later in it should have.

al Furqaan
October 4, 2017, 10:20 PM
PS I may still troll some truly special people via PM.

:D

Eshen
October 4, 2017, 10:42 PM
^^ That's a good perspective there Asad. Yes, this is no more a fan forum for a minnow team. We now expect the Tigers to perform in par with Pakistan or Sri Lanka, or do even better. Bangladesh team came a long way, so have the fans. They have all the reasons to have much higher expectations from the current team than how it used to be 10-12 years ago.

al Furqaan
October 4, 2017, 11:05 PM
Yeah so no hard feelings for the real BD fans here. We all have players we like for whatever reason but at the end of the day we are all Bangladesh fans and thats probably more important. Team bigger than any individual player, although if the team were full of players I don't like, I'd stop caring.

Of course none of that applies to the trolls. And yes, I've done my fair share of trolling. I guess it takes a certain personality flaw to engage in that type of behavior. Anyways my trolling days are through here...the show will move on to other forums, lol.

Night_wolf
October 4, 2017, 11:07 PM
best wishes

aklemalp
October 4, 2017, 11:37 PM
Don't like that Saif is in the squad. He should be preparing for Under-19 world cup with his fellow teammates.

It's gonna be in New Zealand. That's a challenge all by itself.

aklemalp
October 4, 2017, 11:38 PM
All the best al furqaan :)

DinRaat.
October 5, 2017, 12:30 AM
Sangakkara(Al Furqaan) has retired, and left Sri Lanka(BC) in a rebuilding phase. Good luck with your life.

No hard feelings for the previous post.

cricket_king
October 5, 2017, 01:25 AM
Wow. One of the heavyweights of BC, AF, has retired. One dramatic discussion and he's quit BC.

He was a great statistician. The forum is worse off without him.

iDumb
October 5, 2017, 02:37 AM

Your disrespect towards other forum members were getting very annoying.

damn it! I missed all the fun... I wanna see those posts.

Getting Eshen to rile up in this forum is an achievement in itself. He is so emotionless and very much to the point.

I am waiting for the day when some of our mods will retire... they never retire. Night wolf when you retiring? And take that magician with you also bro.

btw: al furqan i hope to see your posts more often.

DinRaat.
October 5, 2017, 02:45 AM

Getting Eshen to rile up in this forum is an achievement in itself. He is so emotionless and very much to the point.

I am waiting for the day when some of our mods will retire... they never retire. Night wolf when you retiring? And take that magician with you also bro.

Nightwolf is batman, he will still monitor the forum , even if he is dead.

Night_wolf
October 5, 2017, 02:47 AM

you are older than me bruh, elders first.

Donal C
October 5, 2017, 02:21 PM
Man only desis could take a thread about a random A tour and turn it into a completely unrelated debate between two bowlers not even in the tour, get personal and then end with one of the oldest mebers posting deeply personal messages and retiring followed by 10 goodbye posts as if nothing happened.....

Fazal
October 5, 2017, 03:15 PM
Is it a goodbye thread or taskin thread.... o wait a minute it was supposed be "Ireland A Tour" thread.

Donal C
October 5, 2017, 03:18 PM
I think the A stands for al

Eshen
October 5, 2017, 03:25 PM
It's all the drama that make BC so special :)

Fazal
October 5, 2017, 03:35 PM
So, is Taskin playing for Team A?

bujhee kom
October 5, 2017, 03:50 PM
I think the A stands for al

It's all the drama that make BC so special :)

BC is for Bangla Cinema from the 70s B&W era...

Cox's Bazzar beach...Sun set...Heroine (Al furqaan) dancing wearing very beautiful sari and blouse...Hero (Eshen) dancing wearing a big bob Babri chul (fair) wig....and randomly pulling on the heroine's sari's achol...

All of a sudden the sky is black...scene changed...big Kal-Baishakhi (BD Cyclone) jhor (storm) appears...Al Furqaan's sari is all wet, slightly torn...Eshen drowned in the massive, wild, out of control stormy Bay of Bengal...

Heroine crying and running up and down the beach, like a nangta pagol...Sari/peticoat/blouse are still wet....wet hair...looks very pretty...camera focus close-up...
Eshen's loose wet Lungi floating in the sea...washed up on the shore, No Eshen inside the Lungi...Pura Baaney bhaisha gesey...and Naika (heroine) screams...and Bangla Cinema style 30 minutes crying and starts another song...no dancing this time...No Shishu Park-e Dolna chora-chori Haat dhora dhori...Heroine (AF) cries and sings (Lalon song + Bairagi song...no make-up this time...chokher nichey kaali...bags under eyes) and leaves the village because Eshen, her man is dead...or churi koira bhaiga gesey - gone to Dubai on a Bangkok smuggler boat...

Scene changes...RaatDiin shows up as a villain with Ganja challis/kolkey (bong) in one hand and pistol in another(bokhatey cheley/Mastaan) and chases Al-furqaan in salwar Kamiz in a dark alley in Old Dhaka (in front of Hussaini Dalan)...background laughter..."Hahahahahah"..."Palebey Kuthai Shundori (Where are going to hide? Little girl?)"...And Al Furqaan screams "Aaaiieeeeee, Baachaiuuu Baachaauu..Ke kuthai achu...Saitan, tui amakey chherey dey" translation: (Helpo, helpo, Ai papi Ai...Gringo Conquistador takin me chastity on a horse back in the desert) ....

Night-wolf (Shot Daroga/Honest(!) Policeman) runs after Gunda Raat-diin...Naika/Heroine/Alf puts his head on idump's shoulder and and gently cries...idump gently comforts Alf...idump muchki muchki haashi...

Load shedding...power outage in the middle of the film...Public raises hell...

BK walks out of Bolaka Theater...buy 1 taka china-badaam + 50 paisa Batashaa and Walks to New Market.

FIN

DinRaat.
October 5, 2017, 06:21 PM
This is turning out to be a episode from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.

Minus the revealing clothes that is.

DinRaat.
October 5, 2017, 06:22 PM
Man only desis could take a thread about a random A tour and turn it into a completely unrelated debate between two bowlers not even in the tour, get personal and then end with one of the oldest mebers posting deeply personal messages and retiring followed by 10 goodbye posts as if nothing happened.....

LOL, :floor::floor::lol::lol:

iDumb
October 5, 2017, 09:30 PM
Yeah I don't understand the follow up posts like "best wishes " .... I hope all furqan can find time and engage with us time to time . I don't believe in retirement ... I hope he is not serious

If you wanna retire....read my financial thread in forget cricket ... retire in style ... not like this ...

It's like a girl middle of having sex goes oh well I think I am gonna break up with you RIGHT now .. b### wait till we done yo

Rifat
October 6, 2017, 12:26 AM
Yeah I don't understand the follow up posts like "best wishes " .... I hope all furqan can find time and engage with us time to time . I don't believe in retirement ... I hope he is not serious

If you wanna retire....read my financial thread in forget cricket ... retire in style ... not like this ...

It's like a girl middle of having sex goes oh well I think I am gonna break up with you RIGHT now .. b### wait till we done yo

I stand corrected on my comment yesterday on forget cricket ;)

anyways, I think Alfie should be back after Taskin surprises all of us and takes a 8 wicket haul :goal: only to come back and say #IToldYouSo

Eshen
October 9, 2017, 12:03 PM
Saif out of the series, broke his nose during fielding practice.

http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/10/saif-hassan-ruled-out-of-ireland-a-series/

Donal C
October 10, 2017, 05:34 PM
Dont really know what to expect tbh, series starts in 5 or so hours I believe.

Hoping for some competitive games and stand out performances. Wouldnt be surprised if we get flattened in one or two games though

Eshen
October 10, 2017, 11:39 PM
My boy Mahedi Hasan got the call in place of injured Saif. Ireland 3 wickets down, including wicket of Irish captain Balbirnie (Mahedi's wicket). KI Rabbi useless as ever, while Ebadat and Sunzamul took other two wickets.

http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/live-score/

Eshen
October 10, 2017, 11:43 PM
BD-A XI:
Shadman Islam
Mahedi Hasan
Nazmul Hossain*
Al-Amin Jr
Yasir Ali
Zakir Hasan
Nurul Hasan†
Sunzamul Islam
Ebadat Hossain
Kamrul Islam Rabbi
Zubair Hossain

Abu Hider and Nayeem Hasan are on the bench.

DinRaat.
October 11, 2017, 12:12 AM
Bangladesh A with no Shahriar Nafees?!!

BCB and Hathurusingha trying their utmost best to rape Nafees career/comeback

al Furqaan
October 11, 2017, 12:39 AM
Ebadator haalot dekhar laggi airam threado...beta wicket nise ekta...shabash beta!

Nocturnal
October 11, 2017, 02:28 AM
Bangladesh A with no Shahriar Nafees?!!

BCB and Hathurusingha trying their utmost best to rape Nafees career/comeback

Bhai, SN recently had a surgery (nose) and out of cricket for few weeks. I read that a week ago when selectors decided this A team. It was in the newspaper!

Rifat
October 11, 2017, 03:41 AM
I wonder how good of a captain Nazmul Hossain Shanto is, just by indicating from this match, not a bad start. we also should account for the fact that this is Ireland A team. There is absolutely no reason Bangladesh A team should lose to them in any format.

5tonne
October 11, 2017, 06:07 AM
Very good recovery by Ire A. from 8/169 to 255. No. 10 batsman scored 57.

jeesh
October 11, 2017, 06:48 AM
Not a great first day though. 255 is a good score considering the situation they were in. And like their seniors, they ve already lost a wicket. Lets hope for a better Day 2.

Donal C
October 11, 2017, 01:11 PM
Some highlights from Chris Siddell for ye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9di1gLiXTuM&feature=youtu.be

All in all could've been worse! Singh growing up and playing U19 cricket in India obviously showing its benefits now!

Shingara
October 11, 2017, 01:56 PM
Al-Amin key ki batting korar jonno teamey neoa hoisey ?

Eshen
October 11, 2017, 03:31 PM
Al-Amin key ki batting korar jonno teamey neoa hoisey ?
That's AA Jr, middle order batsman - part time offie.

HaBa ignored all those top order batsman dominating domestics. Then he put Zakir to open for the A-team though Zakir did not use to open even for the U/19 team! This imbecile will never change!

tiger1000
October 11, 2017, 03:57 PM
Some highlights from Chris Siddell for ye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9di1gLiXTuM&feature=youtu.be

All in all could've been worse! Singh growing up and playing U19 cricket in India obviously showing its benefits now!

Is that ebadat with Brett Lee's action?

Eshen
October 11, 2017, 05:25 PM
With that much grass on the wicket and no visible crack, I have to say our three spinners did pretty well!

tonoy
October 11, 2017, 05:37 PM
Ebadat really looks promising. That is one beautiful action and looks the most polished pacer we have produced till date.

5tonne
October 11, 2017, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the video clip Donal. Quality is very good. Who was the shortish pacer bowling during the final overs? His action didn't look that good.

DinRaat.
October 11, 2017, 08:29 PM
Is that ebadat with Brett Lee's action?

Holy Sh1t, I think so.

tanvir_nus
October 11, 2017, 08:46 PM
Looks like Taskin phenomenon is about to die down. I need to get onto this new guy Ebadat. He maybe the first to reach 150 k afterall.

Move aside Taskin, we got a new speedster in town.

DinRaat.
October 11, 2017, 08:51 PM
Yea, Ebadat, has just got me suddenly excited, this guy was in the air-force so he has a work ethic unlike Selfie King,he is the one we should invest time on.

How fast do you think that ball was. I think around the 135s

Night_wolf
October 11, 2017, 09:25 PM
Looks like Taskin phenomenon is about to die down. I need to get onto this new guy Ebadat. He maybe the first to reach 150 k afterall.

Move aside Taskin, we got a new speedster in town.

giving up on your favorite players so fast?

Gowza
October 11, 2017, 10:02 PM
I think he'll be a 140s bowler but not 150s. As long as he can be accurate, get some movement and bowl high 130/low-mid 140 then he'll do well.

Gowza
October 11, 2017, 10:03 PM
Pace stocks looking good with fizz, taskin, saifuddin, rony and ebadat.

tanvir_nus
October 11, 2017, 10:51 PM
giving up on your favorite players so fast?

Lolz, I like to believe that I had a big part in Taskin's rise :P but I don't wanna be part to his fall.

Ebadat guy is impressing me though. I wonder what his speed is around, wanna see him in BPL and definitely in ODIs soon.

5tonne
October 12, 2017, 01:06 AM
I gather the other pacer is Kamrul Rabbi. His bowling action doesn't look smooth at all.
The average height of the A team players looks to be higher than the national team players.

DinRaat.
October 12, 2017, 01:09 AM
Lolz, I like to believe that I had a big part in Taskin's rise :P but I don't wanna be part to his fall.

Ebadat guy is impressing me though. I wonder what his speed is around, wanna see him in BPL and definitely in ODIs soon.

Taskin Ahmed is such a garbage bowler, he leaks runs like a faucet. He would get hit all around the park by India/SA/England/SL and Pakistani batsmen

Eshen
October 12, 2017, 07:17 AM
Congrats Shadman Islam on the century

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18096/scorecard/1123411/Bangladesh-A-vs-Ireland-A-Only-unofficial-Test-ireland-a-in-bangladesh-unofficial-test-match

Gowza
October 12, 2017, 07:21 AM
Shanto in the runs as well, and doing it from number 3.

Tigers_eye
October 12, 2017, 09:31 AM
Who is this Simi Singh? Impressive knock. He is the only one who stood up against BD attack. Very well done.

Tigers_eye
October 12, 2017, 09:32 AM
Also good to see Jubair getting two wickets. The econ is not good though.

bujhee kom
October 12, 2017, 09:37 AM
I will do my ebadat to Allah for our Ebadat.

aklemalp
October 12, 2017, 09:41 AM
Who is this Simi Singh? Impressive knock. He is the only one who stood up against BD attack. Very well done.

My distant cousin.

5tonne
October 12, 2017, 10:19 AM
^Oh! Why didn't I think that before! Why else would someone be so crazy about cricket.

BD_TigerZ
October 12, 2017, 10:29 AM
Why isn't Tasamul and Anamul in the side..

aklemalp
October 12, 2017, 10:41 AM
^Oh! Why didn't I think that before! Why else would someone be so crazy about cricket.

Crazy may not be the essential word for this:D

5tonne
October 12, 2017, 11:18 AM
Crazy may not be the essential word for this:D

Passionate?

aklemalp
October 12, 2017, 11:21 AM
Passionate?

Much better :)

5tonne
October 12, 2017, 11:23 AM
Much better :)

Done. Don't want to offend such a passionate fan :).

Eshen
October 12, 2017, 01:23 PM
Of all those senior players screaming for a chance, Nadif Chowdhury has been named for the one-day series!!!

Squad for first two one-days:

Nazmul Hossain Shanto (Captain), Shadman Islam, Al-Amin, Zakir Hasan, Yasir Ali Rabbi, Nurul Hasan Sohan, Sunzamul Islam, Tanbir Hayder Khan, Abul Hasan Raju, Subashis Roy, Imran Ali Enam, Mahedi Hasan, Nadif Chowdhury, Abu Hider Rony.

http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/10/shanto-named-to-lead-bangladesh-a-in-odis/

Donal C
October 12, 2017, 04:19 PM
Day 2 highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs1mQrgoH-E&feature=youtu.be

Bowlers have done OK tbf, that seam attack is insanely weak with Smith the only actual bowler. All of them have been disciplined though, not made it easy for BD at least.

5tonne
October 12, 2017, 07:07 PM
Abul Hasan Raju still? What's left of him?

al-Sagar
October 12, 2017, 07:55 PM
I wonder how good of a captain Nazmul Hossain Shanto is, just by indicating from this match, not a bad start. we also should account for the fact that this is Ireland A team. There is absolutely no reason Bangladesh A team should lose to them in any format.

Shanto used to be vice captain in the u-19s..... Mehedi Hasan Miraz was the captain

DinRaat.
October 12, 2017, 08:08 PM
Just waiting to once again get a glimpse of Ebadat bowling.

Shadow
October 12, 2017, 10:09 PM
Day 2 highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs1mQrgoH-E&feature=youtu.be

Bowlers have done OK tbf, that seam attack is insanely weak with Smith the only actual bowler. All of them have been disciplined though, not made it easy for BD at least.

Thanks for the highlights, Donal. Ireland is supposed to play their first test against Pakistan next year. I hope Bangladesh too makes a tour for a test series.

Rinathq
October 12, 2017, 11:59 PM
BCB has lost it beyond repair... where did Nadiff come from? still wont pick Shahriar Nafees

DinRaat.
October 13, 2017, 12:30 AM
BCB has lost it beyond repair... where did Nadiff come from? still wont pick Shahriar Nafees

He apparently had a nose injury and is in surgery.

Rinathq
October 13, 2017, 12:47 AM
He apparently had a nose injury and is in surgery.

they still wouldnt pick him. BCB is sold on Imrul Kayes and Soumya Sarkar who they consider are the only ones Shahriar Nafees can possibly replace. They picked a guy who will never perform so that they dont have to face the pressure of including them for the national pool

Gowza
October 13, 2017, 12:53 AM
Anamul gets a pretty raw deal, he keeps scoring domestic runs but doesn't get any more opportunities.

Ok he did poorly in his initial test match chances but he was very young, he did alright in ODIs.

Anamul is the perfect candidate for A team cricket, he's on top of the domestic charts year after year, but isn't in the national team and has some weaknesses to work on, plus he's young.

Navo
October 13, 2017, 01:45 AM
I agree with Gowza, but alongside some technical issues perhaps there are still question marks over whether his attitude has changed?

Gowza
October 13, 2017, 02:08 AM
I agree with Gowza, but alongside some technical issues perhaps there are still question marks over whether his attitude has changed?

Well they can't really do much about his attitude if they don't work with him. It's as simple as telling him, hey we know you are talented, we see you consistently scoring runs, we want to consider you for the national team but we need you to work on your attitude, we are here with you on the A tours to help you get where you need to get so you find yourself back in national colours.

He'll either work on his attitude and comeback into consideration or he won't work on his attitude and his international career may well be over if that's the options he picks.

Nocturnal
October 13, 2017, 02:34 AM
‘বিগ হিটিংয়ের’ ভাবনায় ‘এ’ দলে নাদিফ

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম

টি-টোয়েন্টি ক্রিকেটে শুরুর দিকে বাংলাদেশের বাজি ছিলেন তিনি। তবে সেই আশা পূরণ হয়নি। পথ হারিয়েছেন পরে। ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেট অবশ্য খেলে যাচ্ছিলেন। তবে আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে সবশেষ খেলার ১০ বছর পর আরেকটি ‘লাইফ লাইন’ পেলেন নাদিফ চৌধুরী। আক্রমণাত্মক এই ব্যাটসম্যানকে নেওয়া হয়েছে বাংলাদেশ ‘এ’ দলে।

Full Read:
https://bangla.bdnews24.com/cricket/article1407171.bdnews

Nocturnal
October 13, 2017, 02:35 AM
^ Please somebody translate the summary in English for other readers. Thanks.

Navo
October 13, 2017, 03:39 AM
Summary: Nadif Chowdhury (http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56053.html) caught the selectors' attention after scoring a sparkling 166 (239), containing 17 fours and 6 sixes, in a recently concluded NCL match against Khulna. Habibul Bashar said that Nadif was always reputed to be a big hitter, which was why he was selected at the age of 19 for three T20I matches. In those matches against Zimbabwe and Pakistan in 2006-2007, his highest score was 12 and he was clearly under-cooked for the international level. Now at the age of 30, and having scored a big hundred in an FC match at a good SR, the selectors think he deserves a shot at the 'A' team level to see if he can reproduce this performance on the international stage.

Nocturnal
October 13, 2017, 05:49 AM
^^ Thanks Navo.

Day 3 - still ongoing
Ireland A - 255 & 213
BD A - 337 & 13/2
Target 132

BD_TigerZ
October 13, 2017, 05:55 AM
Naeem nears his 23rd FC ton.. why isn't he in the side -_-

Nocturnal
October 13, 2017, 06:08 AM
Day 3 - stumps

BD A - 27/2
target 132

exotic
October 13, 2017, 07:30 AM
No one mentioning about 6 lbw in second innings, and 9 in the match against IRL. None against us. That's not the way to get our game forward. SMH.

5tonne
October 13, 2017, 08:18 AM
Day 3 - stumps

BD A - 27/2
target 132

Both BD batsmen were bold out by Andrew Mcbrine. He must be bowling with some venom.

cricket_king
October 13, 2017, 08:20 AM
lol we're going to lose this. I foresee a typical collapse coming.

Donal C
October 13, 2017, 08:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-SgpuwLB8o&feature=youtu.be

Donal C
October 13, 2017, 08:53 AM
Only looked once but 3 of those lbws looked dodgy IMO, took umpire like 20 seconds to give one!

exotic
October 13, 2017, 10:21 AM
Only looked once but 3 of those lbws looked dodgy IMO, took umpire like 20 seconds to give one!

You are right, 3 of them really looks dodgy. I am happy, but tried to make one of my best mate, who is from Ireland, happy. I would take that. But that looks like, we are back to 70/80s

RealSports
October 13, 2017, 06:13 PM
Ireland have done pretty well especially considering it's their 1st match of the tour.

BengaliPagol
October 13, 2017, 08:20 PM
I don't see anything special about Ebadat. Rabbi has way more potential

Gowza
October 14, 2017, 12:02 AM
90 runs to get

Gowza
October 14, 2017, 12:19 AM
3 down, 77 to get

Gowza
October 14, 2017, 12:24 AM
71 runs to get

Gowza
October 14, 2017, 12:25 AM
Shadman gone, we need a partnership

Gowza
October 14, 2017, 12:26 AM
Nurul and yasir at the crease, both average 40+ in FC cricket.

Gowza
October 14, 2017, 12:31 AM
Only 63 more

Gowza
October 14, 2017, 12:31 AM
Yasir is scoring quickly

Gowza
October 14, 2017, 12:35 AM
49 to get, nurul getting into it as well.

Gowza
October 14, 2017, 12:45 AM
Great partnership from these two justvwhen wen needed it, 44 remaining

Gowza
October 14, 2017, 12:57 AM
Just 28 more, nurul and yasir still both at the crease.

Shaan
October 14, 2017, 01:36 AM

lol all of those LBW looked dead straight except one where umpire shook head first for not out, then gave out. But that too looked out first glance.:up:

Shadow
October 14, 2017, 02:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-SgpuwLB8o&feature=youtu.be

At 2:34, that's definitely going down leg. Not out.

brockley
October 14, 2017, 03:23 AM
Mcbrine,Shannon and Simi Singh all have pushed for a debut test in May next year.

Tiger Manc
October 14, 2017, 04:07 AM
There a few players missing from this A side.

Naeem Islam
Tushar Imran
Tasamul Haque
Shahriar Nafees
Saqlain Sajib

I think all these players deserved a place.