PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Jarvis returns to Zimbabwe.

brockley
September 26, 2017, 11:12 AM
http://www.lccc.co.uk/cricket/news/2017-news/kyle-jarvis-returns-home-to-zimbabwe/

aklemalp
September 26, 2017, 11:14 AM
Another good news for Zimbabwe. How much of influence did coach Streak play into that?

brockley
September 26, 2017, 01:02 PM
Dunno,breaking news,Heard Taibu who is in England has been trying 2 get these players back.

al Furqaan
September 26, 2017, 01:44 PM
Taibu ought to come back himself. He's young enough to still play 5-6 years.

brockley
September 26, 2017, 01:53 PM
Taibu is said to be happy to be retired,and wants to play a more managerial/coaching mentor role.
He has a Academy in England that runs for 6 months.
The next season they will be the 5th team in the Zimbabwe domestic comp.

Gowza
September 26, 2017, 05:05 PM
Great to see some players comeback, hope things start to improve for their cricket overall.

al Furqaan
September 26, 2017, 07:08 PM
need Byrom and Welch back...good chance I reckon. also Malcolm Lake.

Night_wolf
September 26, 2017, 07:56 PM
this is great for zim,1st taylor now jarvis..cricket needs a strong zim.

DinRaat.
September 26, 2017, 09:42 PM
need Byrom and Welch back...good chance I reckon. also Malcolm Lake.

If only they can get the Curram brothers back. Too late I suppose. Gary Ballance struggles to get a chance in the English side, will do no harm if he returns to Zimbabwe.

Gowza
September 26, 2017, 10:14 PM
If only they can get the Curram brothers back. Too late I suppose. Gary Ballance struggles to get a chance in the English side, will do no harm if he returns to Zimbabwe.

Too late for tom or gary they've already played for England. Anyone who's played for a different country has to go through the 4 year qualification period.

al Furqaan
September 27, 2017, 12:29 AM

Curran brothers are already committed to ENG. Tom has already made his debut in T20s and done well enough. Might get called up to the ODI side, but they have plenty of pace reserves with Ball, Plunkett, Woakes...although Plunkett will retire soon. Young brother Sam, I don't think he's good enough to play for England, although still only 18 years old. But ENG have so much domestic talent.

Ballance is too old to go back to ZIM as gowza pointed out. I think his international career is over.

De Grandholme in NZ...don't see him having a very long career either. Maybe in the limited overs side.

Cartwright also may not be quite at the level to be a permanent fixture for AUS.

Yameen
September 27, 2017, 02:28 AM
Whilst it is good for Zimbabwe cricket, I'm interested to know what has changed their minds for them to go back ?

Relaxation of quota rules ? Zimbabwe have been winning more and now want to be part of that success too?

Night_wolf
September 27, 2017, 03:06 AM
Whilst it is good for Zimbabwe cricket, I'm interested to know what has changed their minds for them to go back ?

Relaxation of quota rules ? Zimbabwe have been winning more and now want to be part of that success too?

Zim just won vs SL, before that they lost to even afgans. I think joint venture of Heath Streak and tatenda taibu convinced them to come back

Night_wolf
September 27, 2017, 03:07 AM
when taylor and jarvis returns we need to tour Zim, it'll be a cracker of a series.

brockley
September 27, 2017, 03:09 AM
Heath Streak commands a lot of loyalty.
Family issues for Brendon Taylor.
Kyle Jarvis wants to work withh Heath streak.
Taibu putting things back in Zimbabwe cricket.
Hopefully more will follow, and Zimbabwean cricket will be reberthed.

NoName
September 27, 2017, 05:45 PM
Didn't Taibu end up being a pastor after retiring?

al Furqaan
September 27, 2017, 06:25 PM
when taylor and jarvis returns we need to tour Zim, it'll be a cracker of a series.

they've already come back and yes a series in ZIM would be a great examination. This is undoubtedlt the strongest ZIM side since 2004, possibly even sometime in the 90s.

al Furqaan
September 27, 2017, 06:30 PM
Zim just won vs SL, before that they lost to even afgans. I think joint venture of Heath Streak and tatenda taibu convinced them to come back

Main issue is Mugabe's puppet thieves arent in charge anymore. Even Alistair Campbell I suspect was corrupt. ICC has appointed a pair of Pakistanis in charge, MD is Faisal Hasnain and some female is there too. They have put the money on the table and basically bought Taylor and Jarvis back (4 year contracts worth more than their county deals I would guess).

Good governance is the cause and that happened in large part because BCCI was outvoted at the ICC - and the ICC was finally able to out bride the Indians regarding ZC.

brockley
September 27, 2017, 06:37 PM
He was a Born Again christian, a Pentacostal like me.
Don't think he was a pastor tho,but his faith was pretty important to him,like it was with Henry Olonga.
Did they get rid of the money spending president of the cricket board ul Farqaan?If so good.