PDA

View Full Version : SL Tour Of the UAE & Pakistan- Sept 28th to Oct 29

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 01:21 PM
Another one of those series where both teams are closely matched.

2 Tests
5 ODIs
3 T20Is- one of which will be played in Pakistan

Full Fixture:

1st Test @ Sheik Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi- Sep 28th -Oct 2nd
2 Test @ Dubai International Cricket Stadium- Oct 6th-Oct 10th
1st ODI@ Dubai International Cricket Stadium- Oct 13th
2nd ODI @Sheik Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi- Oct 16th
3rd ODI@ Sheik Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi- Oct 18th
4th ODI@ Sharjah Cricket Stadium- Oct 20th
5th ODI@ Sharjah Cricket Stadium- Oct 23rd
1st T20I@ Sheik Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi- Oct 26th
2nd T20I@ Sheik Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi- Oct 27th
3rd T20I@ Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore- Oct 29th

aklemalp
September 28, 2017, 02:10 PM
Yasir Shah becomes the quickest spinner to take 150 test wickets.

The next one will be Rashid Khan

aklemalp
September 30, 2017, 08:15 AM
Azhar Ali becomes the 8th fastest and 4th fastest Pakistani batsman to 5000 test runs.

Gowza
September 30, 2017, 08:22 AM
Awesome that samarawickrama is in the squad, hope he gets his debut in the 2nd match, possibly SL's next great batsman.

aklemalp
September 30, 2017, 08:24 AM
This is the closest series in terms of strength from both teams. I think Pakistan has the edge over SL though

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 05:43 AM
Where are those who called SL minnow team just cuz we beat them convincingly?

SportingBD
October 1, 2017, 06:26 AM
Where are those who called SL minnow team just cuz we beat them convincingly?

Flat wicket.

Two teams scoring 400+ in first innings:facepalm:

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 07:06 AM
Pak in UAE gotta be the most boring team to watch, almost zero intent to score runs, entire team bats at the strike rate of Azhar Ali.

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 08:17 AM
Pak in UAE gotta be the most boring team to watch, almost zero intent to score runs, entire team bats at the strike rate of Azhar Ali.

They need a Fakhar up the order

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 11:14 AM
They need a Fakhar up the order

Seriously? :lol:

That guy has technique worse than a tailender :facepalm:

Yes yes I know he did score a century against us and so did plenty of other hacks.

Even Sharjeel who I consider a poor man's {poor man's(poor man's)} Sehwag was far better than him.

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 11:16 AM
Seriously? :lol:

That guy has technique worse than a tailender :facepalm:

Yes yes I know he did score a century against us and so did plenty of other hacks.

Man, you nah even got any belief in the Fakhar?

A useful hack is better than an average hack

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 11:19 AM
Man, you nah even got any belief in the Fakhar?

A useful hack is better than an average hack

A Hack can't do jack in test cricket my friend. Both Sami Aslam and Shehzad are better than Fakhar, both have issues with finding the gaps though.

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 11:21 AM
A Hack can't do jack in test cricket my friend. Both Sami Aslam and Shehzad are better than Fakhar, both have issues with finding the gaps though.

I was sarcastic from the beginning bro, don't take these posts seriously and to heart.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 11:27 AM
I was sarcastic from the beginning bro, don't take these posts seriously and to heart.

Where is your Reddit approved sarcasm emoticon man? :D

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 11:28 AM
Where is your Reddit approved sarcasm emoticon man? :D

I forgot to add it...

Here it is.

/s

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 11:33 AM
I forgot to add it...

Here it is.

/s

Aww there it is, I feel relaxed now :D

Roy_1
October 2, 2017, 07:56 AM
Lamao what a team Pak has become, can't chase down 130 in their own backyard :floor:

The same team we whitewashed recently anyways congrats to Lanka.

@Jeesh I told you so :D

Roy_1
October 2, 2017, 08:37 AM
People screaming on top of their lungs for an Indo-Pak test series should retire from passing opinions, a series between no 1 and no 6 is never a good advertisement for test cricket, Pak should keep playing SL, Zim and Afghans.

Eclipse
October 2, 2017, 10:04 AM
Lamao what a team Pak has become, can't chase down 130 in their own backyard :floor:

The same team we whitewashed recently anyways congrats to Lanka.

@Jeesh I told you so :D

It just shows how great the indian team really is. This very same Lanka team will get thrashed if tomorrow they play against India.

The same Australian team that got humiliated against the India in ODIs will hammer PAK, England and new Zealand anywhere in the word.

No wonder srilankan team coach has declared this Indian team as all blacks of cricket. They r certainly one of the greatest cricket teams of all time.

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 10:05 AM
Why are we talking about the Indian team?

This was a good victory for SL. Herath in 4th inning was always going to come at the batsmen. I believe his stats in 4th inning is impeccable.

tiger1000
October 2, 2017, 10:47 AM

This was a good victory for SL. Herath in 4th inning was always going to come at the batsmen. I believe his stats in 4th inning is impeccable.

Best spinner on the planet

Yankees
October 2, 2017, 11:17 AM
Glad to see SL bounce back. Always happy to see a Lanka win, and a PAK loss.

Roy_1
October 2, 2017, 11:19 AM

Cuz when we thrashed this same team in Lanka couple weeks ago haters were running extra miles to undermine that achievement trying to prove how minnow Lanka is. Funny how a team becomes minnow after losing to India and turns into a formidable side overnight playing against other team.

I guess it is time for some entertainment. @sportingBD thoughts?

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 11:21 AM
Cuz when we thrashed this same team in Lanka couple weeks ago haters were running extra miles to undermine that achievement trying to prove how minnow Lanka is. Funny how a team becomes minnow after losing to India and turns into a formidable side overnight playing against other team.

man,. I hate to see this thread turn to something that I didn't intend for it to be.

SportingBD
October 2, 2017, 11:26 AM

SL and PK have lost their core senior players, they have become minnow test team.

The only Asian team with core senior player is Bangladesh.

They're likely to beat SL/PK quite comfortably in sub continent.

Roy_1
October 2, 2017, 11:28 AM
man,. I hate to see this thread turn to something that I didn't intend for it to be.

Mate this is how a functioning internet forum is supposed to be isn't it? You can not pre-define the discourse. What is the point of having a forum if one thing does not lead to another and people can't argue ?

Roy_1
October 2, 2017, 11:33 AM
They're likely to beat SL/PK quite comfortably in sub continent.

In BD probably yes, away from home I highly doubt that, You played Lanka recently and could not win the series, I don't know how you churn out baseless comments like this so "comfortably".

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 11:36 AM
Mate this is how a functioning internet forum is supposed to be isn't it? You can not pre-define the discourse. What is the point of having a forum if one thing does not lead to another and people can't argue ?

At some point, you should stick to the topic, not delve away from it.

SportingBD
October 2, 2017, 11:38 AM
In BD probably yes, away from home I highly doubt that, You played Lanka recently and could not win the series, I don't know how you churn out baseless comments like this so "comfortably".

Our biggest issue is captaincy. He doesn't captain Bangladesh, rather captains the opposition team. We have internal problems. The series was drawn. Could have comfortably won. But it will be hard for us to become a consistent team as long as captain Mushfiqur Rahim remains in charge.

I don't expect you to understand this internal matters.

Just wait till Pablo Escobar resigns from captaincy, you will see the difference.

Tigers_eye
October 2, 2017, 11:41 AM
What a win for Chandimal and SL. Didn't think 136 was enough. :)

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 11:43 AM
Congrats Herath!

First SLA to 400 test wickets!

Indeed, he is the marathon man,.

Just imagine if there never a Murali in SL team, how many would this guy have taken?

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 11:49 AM
Marathon man:

101- Wickets for Herath against Pakistan. He's the first bowler to take 100 wickets against Pakistan, going past Kapil Dev's 99 scalps. He has taken those in 20 Tests with eight five-fors and two ten-fors.

11 - Five-fors for Herath in the fourth innings, four more than any other bowler. He has taken 100 wickets in the fourth innings at an average of 18.38. He has taken five-fors in five of the last eight innings he has bowled in the fourth innings.

8 - Instances of Herath picking five-wicket hauls in each innings of a Test. Only Muralitharan has done it on more occasions (11). Herath has taken all after 2012. In this period, the next highest is Ashwin with five twin five-fors.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20893396/first-left-arm-spinner-400-test-wickets

Roy_1
October 2, 2017, 11:50 AM
At some point, you should stick to the topic, not delve away from it.

No offense to you mate, you are one of my fav posters here, but you gotta stop this thread policing, there are like a dozen moderators here to do the job. and why must everyone stick to the topic all the time? I can say anything I want within the forum rule. I am sure if I violate any mods will take notice and jump in like they always do. You should chill.

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 11:52 AM
No offense to you mate, you are one of my fav posters here, but you gotta stop this thread policing, there are like a dozen moderators here to do the job. and why must everyone stick to the topic all the time? I can say anything I want within the forum rule. I am sure if I violate any mods will take notice and jump in like they always do. You should chill.

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Roy_1
October 2, 2017, 11:54 AM
Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Fine by me

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 11:56 AM
Fine by me

How much you love me?:heart::heart:

simon
October 2, 2017, 11:56 AM
Thats what happens when there is no Misbah and Younis

Yankees
October 2, 2017, 12:24 PM
Marathon man:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20893396/first-left-arm-spinner-400-test-wickets

Herath is just amazing. Incredible accomplishments, and he does it with the body and face of a typical desi father.

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 12:33 PM
Herath is just amazing. Incredible accomplishments, and he does it with the body and face of a typical desi father.

That's why I like him. The man is gracious both off and on the field. A perfect role model.

I would not be surprised if Pakistan bounce back in the next test and win it.

al Furqaan
October 2, 2017, 02:50 PM
No MisYou and PAK loses to Sri Lanka. Pretty hilarious if you ask me.

Roy_1
October 2, 2017, 03:44 PM
No MisYou and PAK loses to Sri Lanka. Pretty hilarious if you ask me.

It also shows the three Asian teams SL, Pak and BD are more or less evenly matched now.

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 05:36 PM
It also shows the three Asian teams SL, Pak and BD are more or less evenly matched now.

True that.

When Afghanistan comes in, it will create some kind of ripple.

NoName
October 2, 2017, 08:38 PM
I open CI in the morning and obviously the headlines were Pak choked chasing 136 which was pretty hilarious but then I thought 'hmm I shouldn't laugh, ours probably imploded in style too' :lol:

Night_wolf
October 2, 2017, 09:12 PM
how did pak choke chasing 136? in UAE of all places?, not that I am complaining!

aklemalp
October 2, 2017, 09:18 PM
how did pak choke chasing 136? in UAE of all places?, not that I am complaining!

Rangana Herath, the GOAT.

Greatest SLA

Night_wolf
October 2, 2017, 09:20 PM
Rangana Herath, the GOAT.

Greatest SLA

no denying that, imagine if he in this form were bowling with murali..

unfortunately he was a late bloomer

al Furqaan
October 2, 2017, 10:33 PM

Dont say that too loudly...there are people here who still think Zimbabwe are far better than BD because they beat Pakistan in a Test match in 2013.

NoName
October 2, 2017, 11:42 PM

You joking? :lol:

Night_wolf
October 2, 2017, 11:57 PM
You joking? :lol:

wasn't, but read again what I wrote and yeah this was a good joke:lol:

Roy_1
October 3, 2017, 01:45 AM
Dont say that too loudly...there are people here who still think Zimbabwe are far better than BD because they beat Pakistan in a Test match in 2013.

I think at this point BD can win a test series against both SL and Pak in BD, you fought well in SL, though I am not sure about your chances in UAE. I don't understand what is stopping PCB inviting BD for a full series in UAE especially when they invite WI and SL time and time again.

jeesh
October 3, 2017, 05:21 AM
I d be a bit concerned abt our progress though. On paper yeah we should be able to beat Pakistan and Sri Lanka. But this is also the most disorganized i have seen BD in a long time.

Batting, quality of pace bowling-woeful. Even spin, we are reliant on Shakib to make things happen. Safe to say our curve has stopped moving upwards.

Roy_1
October 3, 2017, 10:05 AM
I d be a bit concerned abt our progress though. On paper yeah we should be able to beat Pakistan and Sri Lanka. But this is also the most disorganized i have seen BD in a long time.

Batting, quality of pace bowling-woeful. Even spin, we are reliant on Shakib to make things happen. Safe to say our curve has stopped moving upwards.

Well TBH Taskin has always been a spray gun, albeit shown glimpses of his talent here and there, Miraj is a known spin track bully, Rubel is crap and the less said about others the better. Actually It is the Shocking decline of Mustafizur and temporary non-availability of Shakib hurting you the most. Still more than enough power to beat SL and Pak in BD I'd say.

Yankees
October 3, 2017, 10:15 AM
Well TBH Taskin has always been a spray gun, albeit shown glimpses of his talent here and there, Miraj is a known spin track bully, Rubel is crap and the less said about others the better. Actually It is the Shocking decline of Mustafizur and temporary non-availability of Shakib hurting you the most.

Taskin is a chagol. You have to have a brain to be a test bowler, and Taskin doesn't have it. He is tall and strong, and that's all he is. He will be ok in LOIs, but he's not Test material. Our pace bowling is piss poor and we have very few options coming through the system.

Roy_1
October 3, 2017, 10:22 AM
Taskin is a chagol. You have to have a brain to be a test bowler, and Taskin doesn't have it. He is tall and strong, and that's all he is. He will be ok in LOIs, but he's not Test material. Our pace bowling is piss poor and we have very few options coming through the system.

He is still very young and as you said tall and strong, got pace and his basics are okay, most certainly got talent, if managed properly he could be an asset for you in all formats, the bowler you should kick out right now is Shafiul hell even Soumya could replace him and you could play an extra batter :lol:

aklemalp
October 3, 2017, 10:26 AM
Good read:

Frankly, Pakistan would like to call bullshit. For years - pretty much his entire career - Rangana Herath has been made out to be this cuddly, pudgy little teddy bear. No piece on him goes by without reference to his belly. And look, he works in a bank except he's not a banker like JP Morgan was a banker. Cricket's normcore legend. Drops his kids to school and runs errands himself. He's happy to be normal, shed of the celebrity psychosis of subcontinent cricketers. He's the not-Murali Sri Lanka spinner. Doesn't really do much with the ball either. Keeps it simple. What can he do? He's SLA, the dad joke of bowling.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20901917/truth-rangaiyya

aklemalp
October 3, 2017, 10:28 AM
"He's SLA, the dad joke of bowling."

This cracked me up.

Yankees
October 3, 2017, 10:34 AM
He is still very young and as you said tall and strong, got pace and his basics are okay, most certainly got talent, if managed properly he could be an asset for you in all formats, the bowler you should kick out right now is Shafiul hell even Soumya could replace him and you could play an extra batter :lol:

Shafiul did better than Taskin last match. And that is the best way to describe our woeful pace attack: Shafiul was not the worst. :facepalm:

Shuba Roy should replace one of them next match.

Yankees
October 3, 2017, 10:40 AM
Good read:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20901917/truth-rangaiyya

His before age 35 and after 35 stat breakdown is just incredible. I mean wth? How is that even possible?

aklemalp
October 3, 2017, 10:53 AM
His before age 35 and after 35 stat breakdown is just incredible. I mean wth? How is that even possible?

He reminds me of fifty something year old who used to play in our local 2nd division cricket competition. Every year, he would completely make at least 3 centuries at Gayle's strike rate.

And he always field in the slips or keep wickets, always chirping with naughty jokes and suh. Oh what a great human he was. :)

Roy_1
October 3, 2017, 11:06 AM
Herath is like a grim reaper to Pak batters, this is not the first time he owned them, he single-handedly massacred their batting line up multiple times in the past even when MisYou was there.

aklemalp
October 3, 2017, 11:08 AM
Herath is like a grim reaper to Pak batters, this is not the first time he owned them, he single-handedly massacred their batting line up multiple times in the past even when MisYou was there.

Just a little of 25% of all his wickets were against Pakistan-- that tells us a lot.

Roy_1
October 3, 2017, 11:13 AM
Just a little of 25% of all his wickets were against Pakistan-- that tells us a lot.

Amazing record, considering the popular belief that Pakistanis traditionally play spin well

aklemalp
October 3, 2017, 11:16 AM
Amazing record, considering the popular belief that Pakistanis traditionally play spin well

Pakistan are one of the worst team to play spin in the modern game.

Younis was a excellent grafter, but the rest were vulnerable. This is all part in parcel of the close games we've seen involving Pakistan for the past months.

Shannon Gabriel gave them one.

Roy_1
October 3, 2017, 11:36 AM
Pakistan are one of the worst team to play spin in the modern game.

Younis was a excellent grafter, but the rest were vulnerable. This is all part in parcel of the close games we've seen involving Pakistan for the past months.

Shannon Gabriel gave them one.

How can you forget Bishoo? Made them dance on his tunes :waiting:

aklemalp
October 3, 2017, 11:38 AM
How can you forget Bishoo? :waiting:

Oh, I looked past him. 37 of Bishoo's 90 wickets have come against Pakistan. Can't forget that 8/49...in a losing cause.

aklemalp
October 3, 2017, 11:39 AM
I was making that Shannon Gabriel reference, because we could have deny them a victory in that match where MisYou retired

Roy_1
October 3, 2017, 11:46 AM
Oh, I looked past him. 37 of Bishoo's 90 wickets have come against Pakistan. Can't forget that 8/49...in a losing cause.

Man, that was an ATG spell :notworthy:

aklemalp
October 3, 2017, 11:52 AM
Man, that was an ATG spell :notworthy:

You think that it would be ironic that they produce some good spinners yet their batsmen seem to struggle against it.

Maybe I'm wrong, the batsmen can't handle the quality of the spinners. I can't make a judgement on the domestic structure and quality of cricket there, but I can make a judgement on what is displayed at the international level.

They have some talented players (bowlers). They gotta find the people to bat and make the runs. Azhar Ali alone can't do this. Asad Shafiq needs to step up, along with Babar (whose test record is abysmal compared to his ODI record).

I'm still thinking that Pakistan will bounce back in the next game. Call me an optimist :)

jeesh
October 3, 2017, 10:14 PM
Taskin young and strong, but why on earth is he bowling at 125-135 kph. One thing is cutting down pace for accuracy, but what accuracy.

This is where BD also lacks in strategy. SA or Aus will use Rabada or Cummins in short bursts, asking them to bowl at lively pace, unsettle the batsmen. If Taskin can bowl quick (Which i am not sure abt anymore), thats the role you would ask him to play.

DinRaat.
October 3, 2017, 10:48 PM
Since when was espncricinfo rated M for mature, I thought it was owned by Disney, how did a word like Bullshit go through the editors.

RazabQ
October 4, 2017, 12:10 AM
"He's SLA, the dad joke of bowling."

This cracked me up.
That one cut me deep. Being that I am one. SLA i.e. :):lol:

al Furqaan
October 4, 2017, 12:22 AM

This was always on the cards considering the following:

- Shakib on vacay
- incomprehensible selections of Imrul, Riyad, Sabbir
- Taskin's disappointing bowling
- tail order consists of 3 genuine number 11s
- coach and/or management + selectors hell bent on making the above mistakes

Its a minor miracle we've won the 3 Tests we have so far.

jeesh
October 4, 2017, 01:24 AM
I get the feeling our coach has reached saturation point in terms of how far he can develop this team. Dav Whatmore also experienced this after a certain time.

Have a fear things can go south from here especially with all these issues surrounding captaincy, deterioration of pace attack, injuries etc.

I doubt BCB will also make any change in coaching till WC 2019. So might not be a pleasant couple of years for fans.

Roy_1
October 7, 2017, 07:08 AM
SL royally thumping Pak and I am enjoying every bit of it, arrey Jeesh dada Kothay apni? Their coach said after the India series that the thrashing actually strengthened their morale, looks like he was right? Do you agree with that?

aklemalp
October 7, 2017, 08:00 AM
SL playing for the Karunaratne double

aklemalp
October 7, 2017, 08:05 AM
Dilruwan on the offensive.

Approaching 400

aklemalp
October 7, 2017, 08:11 AM
400 up for the Lankans

aklemalp
October 7, 2017, 11:12 AM
What's up with batsmen getting dismissed in the 90s & 190s lately?

Karunaratne is the latest to get dismissed in the 190s

Roy_1
October 8, 2017, 10:18 AM
So, Pakistan's struggle against the mighty Lankans continues :lol:

They don't deserve the no 6 position, should be relegated to 8th below Lanka and Windies.

Roy_1
October 8, 2017, 10:23 AM
Gotta give credit to Dhawan, attacked Herath from ball 1 during the last series, never did let him settle for once, Pakistan is struggling this much cuz they don't have a single batter in their line up who could score at a 50+ strike rate consistently.

NoName
October 8, 2017, 01:05 PM
Gotta stop sipping the Kool aid if we think SL coming to BD will be a easy win for us

Roy_1
October 9, 2017, 09:27 AM
Pakistan :floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:: floor:

Getting destroyed by SL in their so called fortress, and this jokers wanna play against India:facepalm:

Hope they relegated to their rightful no 8 position after this series, credit to Lanka for slapping Pak fans back to reality.

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2017, 11:50 AM
123 runs partnership on the 5th wicket stand. This can be dangerous.

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2017, 11:51 AM
176/5. SL needs a break through.

NoName
October 9, 2017, 12:08 PM
This will be the second time SL botched up defending 300+ in the fourth innings against Pak in UAE.

aklemalp
October 9, 2017, 05:46 PM
Pakistan Test team sans MisYou is vulnerable.

Roy_1
October 9, 2017, 07:03 PM
Pakistan Test team sans MisYou is vulnerable.

Just vulnerable!! they are basically borderline minnows.

jeesh
October 10, 2017, 06:32 AM
So resurgence of SL cricket team? Or Pakistan that weak a side?

Eclipse
October 10, 2017, 07:17 AM
Finally...... The fortress has been breached. SL have conquered UAE and whitewashed PAK wow...... Congratulations to all the srilankan supporters.

I think India should also be thanked here. Just like the way SL coach said in one of his interviews that the 9-0 thrashing that India provided to SL before the UAE series actually boosted the morale of the Lankan team.

What a great cricket nation India really is. They not only support other cricket nations financially but also give occasional moral support. Respect. :)

DinRaat.
October 10, 2017, 08:01 AM
Finally...... The fortress has been breached. SL have conquered UAE and whitewashed PAK wow...... Congratulations to all the srilankan supporters.

I think India should also be thanked here. Just like the way SL coach said in one of his interviews that the 9-0 thrashing that India provided to SL before the UAE series actually boosted the morale of the Lankan team.

What a great cricket nation India really is. They not only support other cricket nations financially but also give occasional moral support. Respect. :)

Partying hard I see.

Roy_1
October 10, 2017, 08:10 AM
Pak is one of the worst test teams at the moment, probably on per with Zimbabwe

Roy_1
October 10, 2017, 08:14 AM
So resurgence of SL cricket team? Or Pakistan that weak a side?

SL is still a poor side, however Pakistan is piss-poor

Tigers_eye
October 10, 2017, 08:49 AM
With out Sangga and Mahela SL got a jolt. They are recovering but will get another jolt after Herath leaves.

Pak in the same boat. Mesbah and Younis was carrying them. They are gone and so is their advantage. Pace attack has been stripped to Hasan Ali. Wahab is just a bully. Gets smacked around most of the time. Yasir is the only threat. Flat pitch and no spin pitch he would be neutralized.

Congrats to SLan team and Chandimal.

jeesh
October 10, 2017, 08:54 AM
SL is still a poor side, however Pakistan is piss-poor
They ll do well if there is stability and a proper coach. This tour will do a world of good to their confidence.

Roy_1
October 10, 2017, 09:02 AM
With out Sangga and Mahela SL got a jolt. They are recovering but will get another jolt after Herath leaves.

Pak in the same boat. Mesbah and Younis was carrying them. They are gone and so is their advantage. Pace attack has been stripped to Hasan Ali. Wahab is just a bully. Gets smacked around most of the time. Yasir is the only threat. Flat pitch and no spin pitch he would be neutralized.

Congrats to SLan team and Chandimal.

Nice post sir ji.

I have always wondered why we never got this kind of sympathy during our transition period, we were mocked and laughed at when we lost against Eng and Aus away. After all the big five left far bigger holes to fill than Sanga-Mahela or MisYou.

al Furqaan
October 10, 2017, 09:09 AM

Your passport fell out with that one. :floor:

simon
October 10, 2017, 01:22 PM
congratulations to Srilanka
Pak will have to lift themselves up the way Srilanka doing now after Sanga-Mahela retirement.

aklemalp
October 10, 2017, 01:29 PM
Pakistan need an old head.

SL has Rangana

Night_wolf
October 10, 2017, 08:56 PM
Your passport fell out with that one. :floor:

or is he trying hard to get one?:umm:

Gowza
October 10, 2017, 09:21 PM
Great win from Sri Lanka. Pakistan have some issues with their test team atm, not many youngsters putting their hand up, pacers are inconsistent. Azhar Ali is good, shafiq gets a lot of flack for someone who averages about 40 over a good number of matches.

Me thinks Babar's time is nearly up in the test side for awhile unless he starts scoring.

RealSports
October 11, 2017, 10:45 AM
Playing recently against India did Sri Lanka a load of good, so I'm not surprised what they did to Pakistan. India must be that good of a test side now.

al Furqaan
October 11, 2017, 10:50 AM
Both are teams that BD should look to go past in the rankings in the coming months.

Now we know why PCB won't play BD. They know they would lose.

Tigers_eye
October 16, 2017, 01:33 PM
Still Pak game. 54 needed with 36 balls left. SL have 3 wickets in hand.

Tigers_eye
October 16, 2017, 01:34 PM
Tharanga on 97. He is running out of support.

Tigers_eye
October 16, 2017, 01:36 PM
SL 8 down. And that is a dot ball. 51 of 30 needed for SL.
RRR still 10.2. Manage able.

NoName
October 16, 2017, 02:00 PM
This Babar wow, scoring a century every game

Eclipse
October 16, 2017, 03:42 PM
SL is such a pathetic team, lol. Can't even score 200 to win matches in this era when 350s r being scored for fun by all the other top lvl teams. :lol:

Roy_1
October 16, 2017, 03:45 PM
This Babar wow, scoring a century every game

Yes with a 70 strike rate, can't change gear even when set.

Out_You_Go
October 16, 2017, 03:52 PM
This Babar is a good player. Credit be give where its due.

But he is slow. He is a good grafter but Pakistan does not have hitters apart from say Malik and Fakhar, to push the run rate up. Given its SL and WI he got his centuries against, who have a pathetic lineup to say the least, any top team would punish this slow approach.

But, he is a good player.. no doubt. Scoring hundreds consistently proves it.

SportingBD
October 16, 2017, 04:05 PM
Babar always remind me of Anamul Haque. Both of them went different direction.

Tigers_eye
October 16, 2017, 04:06 PM
This Babar wow, scoring a century every game Yes with a 70 strike rate, can't change gear even when set.I followed the tail end of it.

98 overs and both team combined just over 400 runs. That tells me, not an easy track to bat on. Plus Pak was in trouble with 6 down with only 101 on board. had to consolidate I guess and get a partnership going to minimize risk.

I'd take that any day if that leads to a victory. :)

SportingBD
October 16, 2017, 04:12 PM
Babar Azam has an ODI SR of 86. I think that is really good for a ODI player.

Lots of promise. Think he will be a good shorter format player.

Struggled in test format though.

Mridul
October 16, 2017, 04:49 PM
This Pakistani team is better than Bangladesh in ODI.

Roy_1
October 16, 2017, 05:01 PM
I followed the tail end of it.

98 overs and both team combined just over 400 runs. That tells me, not an easy track to bat on. Plus Pak was in trouble with 6 down with only 101 on board. had to consolidate I guess and get a partnership going to minimize risk.

I'd take that any day if that leads to a victory. :)

I have nothing against Babar, in fact I have been following him for quite some time just to see if he could live up to the hype created around him by Pak fans. So far from what I have observed he is an accumulator, hungry for runs, a decent batter and that's about it. He struggles to find the gap when situation demands and due to his lack of strength can not muscle the ball either. It is criminal in this day and age to score a century at a 70 strike rate, he will get away with this against the likes of SL and WI but will be counter-productive against better teams and in high scoring run chases.

bujhee kom
October 16, 2017, 05:10 PM
Who is this Babar?
Shomrat Babar? Emperor Babar from Uzbekistan, the founder of the Mughal Dynasty of the Sub-continent?

Or that Babri chul-wala Dance Director Babar of Dhaka Bangladesh of the 1980s, husband of the dancing queen Super film actress of BD Rojina...I am not sure.

Or is this that Disney Character Babar the flying elephant we are talking about?

Who is this Babur?

Roy_1
October 16, 2017, 05:13 PM
Who is Babar?
Shomrat Babar? Emperor Babar from Uzbekistan, the founder of the Mughal Dynasty of the Sub-continent?

Or that Babri chul-wala Dance Director Babar of Dhaka Bangladesh of the 1980s, husband of the dancing queen Super film actrees of BD Rojina or maybe Anjana...I am not sure.

Or is this that Disney Character Babar the flying elephant we are talking about?

Who is this Babur?

Second coming of Tendulkar, already rivaling kohli as per Pak fans.

aklemalp
October 16, 2017, 06:00 PM
Upul Tharanga with another record to his name- the 1st SL player to carry his bat in ODIs.

One of the most underrated players of SL cricket. This guy has been featured in multiple 200+ run partnership in ODI history. He and Jayasuriya holds the record for the highest opening stand in ODIs- 286

Shadab can bat. Saw some of his hitting in CPL.

jeesh
October 17, 2017, 03:46 AM
SL is such a pathetic team, lol. Can't even score 200 to win matches in this era when 350s r being scored for fun by all the other top lvl teams. :lol:
Buddy do you have anything positive to say about any team or person, other than your country of course.

al Furqaan
October 17, 2017, 11:39 AM

Did chase down 320 in the Champions Trophy. Albeit against a highly overrated bowling attack. :lol:

aklemalp
October 17, 2017, 11:47 AM
Don't take the comments of Eclipse seriously. He is clearly looking for attention.

simon
October 17, 2017, 01:33 PM
Don't take the comments of Eclipse seriously. He is clearly looking for attention.

I have him in my ignore list but people quoting him is not helping 😛

simon
October 17, 2017, 04:26 PM
This Babar-e-azam guy is a serious talent.
Excellent stats, run machine.

aklemalp
October 17, 2017, 04:30 PM
This Babar-e-azam guy is a serious talent.
Excellent stats, run machine.

His test career average disagrees.

simon
October 17, 2017, 04:33 PM
His test career average disagrees.

dhur miya, I am talking about odis.

aklemalp
October 17, 2017, 04:33 PM
His ODI average after 33 matches: 57.21, with 0 ducks and 7x100s

His test average after 11 matches: 23.75, with 5 ducks and 0x100s

aklemalp
October 17, 2017, 04:35 PM
dhur miya, I am talking about odis.

Oh, I didn't see u mentioned that in your post that I quoted

simon
October 17, 2017, 04:38 PM
Oh, I didn't see u mentioned that in your post that I quoted

Neither did I

aklemalp
October 17, 2017, 04:40 PM
Neither did I

Well, he struggles a lot in the longer format.

He might truly be the batting equivalent of Rubel Hossain...comparing averages of both formats.

simon
October 17, 2017, 04:44 PM
Well, he struggles a lot in the longer format.

He might truly be the batting equivalent of Rubel Hossain...comparing averages of both formats.

Pak would love him to find his way in longer format but for now he is already an asset in odi, maybe T20 too

Gowza
October 17, 2017, 04:50 PM
I think Babar will become a quality long format player but it will take him a bit of time, he is young so he has that.

aklemalp
October 18, 2017, 10:28 AM
Another sluggish batting wicket it seems..

SL made only 208 all out

Gowza
October 18, 2017, 06:14 PM
SL should be sticking with kusal perera as he was starting to get better and they should get that young keeper bat who just has his first test to also play. They've tried most of their other options and these two seem to be the most talented. Chandimal is pretty woeful in one dayers these days, thirimanne hasn't really stepped up, tharanga is prob their best and it's just not good enough.

aklemalp
October 18, 2017, 08:56 PM
Hasan Ali continues to impress with a five-wicket haul.

And who is Imam ul Haq? Debut ton.

aklemalp
October 18, 2017, 08:58 PM
O just read, he is the nephew of Inzamam ul Haq:

https://www.samaa.tv/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/imam-640x360.jpg

Only 21 years old

aklemalp
October 18, 2017, 09:02 PM
He style is a little bit like Soumya:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KxIF9ooeocs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gowza
October 18, 2017, 09:09 PM
Yes quite funny actually, on another forum lots were saying he shouldn't have been selected, at best he was selected for the wrong format and it should've been for tests instead yet he gets a ton on debut. Don't forget inzi is a selector.

aklemalp
October 18, 2017, 09:11 PM
Yes quite funny actually, on another forum lots were saying he shouldn't have been selected, at best he was selected for the wrong format and it should've been for tests instead yet he gets a ton on debut. Don't forget inzi is a selector.

This was a slow century. It was a difficult wicket. Pakistan's bowlers won the game for them.

Gowza
October 18, 2017, 09:32 PM
This was a slow century. It was a difficult wicket. Pakistan's bowlers won the game for them.

Well a strike rate of 80 on a difficult wicket, it's still a good century and has shown he is capable at this level, whether he deserved the call over other talents I'm not sure but he sure proved his detractors wrong (at least for now).

aklemalp
October 19, 2017, 12:04 PM
Hafeez's action reported again...

jeesh
October 19, 2017, 09:10 PM
Looks like PCB chiefs have managed to convince SL to tour Pak. Players against it.

But board forcing their hand. Probably getting paid heavily.

Mas_UK25
October 19, 2017, 09:30 PM
Hasan Ali. ODI/LOI find of the year IMO. I knew this dude has something about him, saw him in England the last series Pak cane to play. And he has good passion, attitude about his style/game, there’s Bit of a Brett Lee, Waqar Yunis about the fella, ans seemed hardworking, energetic and vibrant in the field. Good find for Pakistan.

aklemalp
October 21, 2017, 06:44 PM
Is Hasan Ali the #1 ranked ODI bowler in the world atm?

Gowza
October 21, 2017, 06:52 PM

Yes, just became number 1 but you know what's ridiculous? Hafeez took over as number 1 allrounder despite being called for chucking. Can't believe it, he's called for chucking and the next day takes over as number 1 allrounder which obviously involves his bowling.

Roy_1
October 21, 2017, 08:07 PM

One of the best odi bowlers in the world atm, beautiful action, hasn't got express pace but a fantastic seamer and got plenty of variations as well, far better than that overrated Amir.

Night_wolf
October 21, 2017, 09:50 PM
SL and BD both need each other now, SL needs BD to get out of this losing streak and BD needs SL to get some confidence back

shahid ali
October 23, 2017, 06:45 AM
Five wickets for young fast bowler usman khan

aklemalp
October 23, 2017, 08:09 AM
The angles from this guy was superb.

Pakistan keep on unearthing these talents.

Way better than Junaid and Wahab

Roy_1
October 23, 2017, 09:11 AM
Amir, Hasan, Usman and Raees, could be a very lethal attack on all surface, but again I will wait and reserve my judgement till they perform against big teams consistently.

exotic
October 23, 2017, 09:22 AM
Amir, Hasan, Usman and Raees, could be a very lethal attack on all surface, but again I will wait and reserve my judgement till they perform against big teams consistently.

The only big team, as far as cricket is concerned, is INDIA. But they won't play pak, home or away anytime soon. So basically you are saying you are not actually judging them anytime soon either. Btw, looks like India unearthed another gem of a fast (I mean fast) bowler in Siraj. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Roy_1
October 23, 2017, 09:52 AM
The only big team, as far as cricket is concerned, is INDIA. But they won't play pak, home or away anytime soon. So basically you are saying you are not actually judging them anytime soon either. Btw, looks like India unearthed another gem of a fast (I mean fast) bowler in Siraj. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic but India is not the only big team. If their bowlers perform consistently against Eng, Aus, SA, NZ then their records will speak volume of their class and ability, don't think they will be needing any validation from an Indian then. Beating SL at home is not exactly something great, it is expected of them, but if you ask me I think at this point they will have to bring in their A game to beat BD in UAE/Sub-continental condition, SL getting owned in UAE or BD getting thrashed in SA don't exactly tell the complete story, I think BD and Pak is more evenly matched in Asian condition than many would acknowledge. Call me arrogant but that CT final was a fluke, India will beat Pak 8 out of 10 times anywhere in the world.

Yes I have seen Siraj, looks promising, I am eagerly waiting for his debut as well. Bhuvi is a punching bag in flat pitches against better batsmen and Bumrah is not that good with the new ball, Shami is injury prone and Umesh leaks runs, we desperately need a decent strike bowler for ODIs.

Tigers_eye
October 23, 2017, 10:00 AM
SL's high in winning test series is met with a low 5-0 thrashing.

Tigers_eye
October 23, 2017, 10:02 AM
SL's next tour is in IND. Nov 16 - Dec 24. Almost six weeks tour.

3 Tests. :facepalm: Kolkata, Nagpur, Delhi.
3 ODIs. :facepalm: Dharamshala, Chandigar, Visakhapatnam.
3 T20s. :facepalm: Cuttack, Indore, Mumbai.

Roy_1
October 23, 2017, 10:06 AM
SL's next tour is in IND. Nov - Dec 2017.

3 Tests. :facepalm: Kolkata, Nagpur, Delhi.
3 ODIs. :facepalm: Dharamshala, Chandigar, Visakhapatnam.
3 T20s. :facepalm: Cuttack, Indore, Mumbai.

What? We love our brothers from the island :D:D:D:D

BTW aren't they supposed to visit BD as well in sometime ?

NoName
October 23, 2017, 10:52 AM
Dw we will bring Lanka back to form :fire:

exotic
October 23, 2017, 11:37 AM
I am not sure if you are being sarcastic but India is not the only big team. If their bowlers perform consistently against Eng, Aus, SA, NZ then their records will speak volume of their class and ability, don't think they will be needing any validation from an Indian then. Beating SL at home is not exactly something great, it is expected of them, but if you ask me I think at this point they will have to bring in their A game to beat BD in UAE/Sub-continental condition, SL getting owned in UAE or BD getting thrashed in SA don't exactly tell the complete story, I think BD and Pak is more evenly matched in Asian condition than many would acknowledge. Call me arrogant but that CT final was a fluke, India will beat Pak 8 out of 10 times anywhere in the world.

Yes I have seen Siraj, looks promising, I am eagerly waiting for his debut as well. Bhuvi is a punching bag in flat pitches against better batsmen and Bumrah is not that good with the new ball, Shami is injury prone and Umesh leaks runs, we desperately need a decent strike bowler for ODIs.

Not sarcastic at all. Now SA, and bd for that matter, winning at home doesn't say anything. That's a great word of wisdom ( I know I have added Bangladesh here, but thats the point).

Haven't seen Siraj yet, but I have seen India has produced more quality pacers in last three decades after Kapil. Still remember few, abe kuruvilla, that pacer turned soap opera hero, balvinder shing(sorry if I spelled it incorrectly), and to the recent ones. I think Siraj should be drafted in to pro side against NZ.

Last thing when NZ became the better side, was it because they win just one odi in India? Silly question I know, you guys know better than me. Khomaprathi (I get that you understand Bangla) if I hurt someone.

exotic
October 23, 2017, 11:50 AM
That hero pacer was Salil ankola.

exotic
October 23, 2017, 11:53 AM
Sorry, probably kuruvilla, balbinder, ankola et el are way before your time. But, as T_E bhai will endorse, I am too old to remember those names.

Roy_1
October 23, 2017, 12:50 PM
@Exotic I get that you have planned to be sarcastic today and you are doing it quite well, I most certainly don't mind a bit of mockery coming my way. The likes of Kuruvilla and Ankola won't be considered quality even in a parallel universe. India does not have a great fast bowling history or culture, but things are changing finally and I am quite hopeful of our current pace attack. Shami, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Umesh may not be world beaters yet but more than decent and the domestic pace bowling scene is quite better than the past decades.

NZ has been a quality ODI side for a long time now. Can defeat any team any day on any surface. They did reasonably well in England not so long ago, defeated Pak in UAE and at home they have always been a fine side. They are known for punching above their weight that makes them a formidable team in any format. They have a brilliant overall record in world cups and ICC trophies, even better than SA and Eng. NZ is most definitely a better ODI side than Pak and the ranking proves that too, however quality wise there is not much difference between the top 5 teams SA, Ind, Eng, Aus and NZ atm.

exotic
October 23, 2017, 12:58 PM
@Exotic I get that you have planned to be sarcastic today and you are doing it quite well, I most certainly don't mind a bit of mockery coming my way. The likes of Kuruvilla and Ankola won't be considered quality even in a parallel universe. India does not have a great fast bowling history or culture, but things are changing finally and I am quite hopeful of our current pace attack. Shami, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Umesh may not be world beaters yet but more than decent and the domestic pace bowling scene is quite better than the past decades.

NZ has been a quality ODI side for a long time now. Can defeat any team any day on any surface. They did reasonably well in England not so long ago, defeated Pak in UAE and at home they have always been a fine side. They are known for punching above their weight that makes them a formidable team in any format. They have a brilliant overall record in world cups and ICC trophies, even better than SA and Eng. NZ is most definitely a better ODI side than Pak and the ranking proves that too, however quality wise there is not much difference between the top 5 teams SA, Ind, Eng, Aus and NZ atm.

Roy_1, you are a very good guy, I know from your past posts. I don't even know why I quoted you in first place. Nothing personal. Chill

Night_wolf
October 23, 2017, 07:54 PM

very mature post from you Roy, you didn't go after the guy who went after you, I like what I see :up:

Eclipse
October 23, 2017, 11:35 PM
Not sarcastic at all. Now SA, and bd for that matter, winning at home doesn't say anything. That's a great word of wisdom ( I know I have added Bangladesh here, but thats the point).

Wining at home is extremely importan, but the importance of that victory depends on the quality of the opposition. Winning against this pathetic srilankan team in LOIS means absolutely nothing. But if Pakistan can somehow perform in similar fashion against teams like Australia, England and south africa it can be said with certainty that they have improved as a team in limited overs cricket.

Haven't seen Siraj yet, but I have seen India has produced more quality pacers in last three decades after Kapil. Still remember few, abe kuruvilla, that pacer turned soap opera hero, balvinder shing(sorry if I spelled it incorrectly), and to the recent ones. I think Siraj should be drafted in to pro side against NZ.

No doubt that, India has produced some world class pacers after kapil dev(who was arguably the greatest allrounder of all time). But sadly those pacers never played for the same team which is why they never achieved their full potential.

J. Sreenath, Z.khan, A agarker all of them were world class bowlers. But what makes the current Indian pace attack better than past is their ability to bowl as a unit. Even though bowlers like shami, bhuvi and yadav r individually inferior to bowlers like agarkar, sreenath and Zak but they r better as a unit. If Zak had had a partner of M.shami's caliber in tests he would've become one of the greatest of all time.

Last thing when NZ became the better side, was it because they win just one odi in India? Silly question I know, you guys know better than me. Khomaprathi (I get that you understand Bangla) if I hurt someone.

I hope u follow cricket regularly, right dude? NZ have always been a great cricket team especially in limited overs cricket. They r currently the no 1 t20 team and no 4 odi team and the difference between their ranking points and the ranking points of the no 2 odi team is just 1. So u can almost say that currently they r easily the 2nd best team in limited overs cricket right after India.

The series that's currently going on between India and NZ can be considered as a series between two of the world's best limited overs team, a clash of titans. The way u r trying to downgrade NZ as a team is quite silly :)

exotic
October 24, 2017, 03:17 AM
J. Sreenath, Z.khan, A agarker all of them were world class bowlers....)

Arguments end there. And I am like your uncle not dude.

jeesh
October 24, 2017, 03:49 AM
Eclipse why did you miss out on Sreesanth, Debashis Mohanty and Balaji?

Eclipse
October 24, 2017, 04:17 AM
Arguments end there. And I am like your uncle not dude.

Finally u've seen the light...... Wow. I'm feeling really happy for u, uncle :)

Eclipse
October 24, 2017, 04:22 AM
Eclipse why did you miss out on Sreesanth, Debashis Mohanty and Balaji?

Sreesanth and ishant had huge potential. Both of them started with a bang in south africa and Australia respectively. Sreesanth bowled beautifully I'm his maiden tour of south africa, similarly ishant was unbelievably good in Australia.

But sadly none of them had a functioning brain.

Rifat
October 24, 2017, 08:17 AM
Zaheer Khan was quite unplayable at times

exotic
October 24, 2017, 05:57 PM
Finally u've seen the light...... Wow. I'm feeling really happy for u, uncle :)

Sorry for late reply vatija/Vaigna (which ever you prefer). And I am also happy that I made you happy. But you should be more proud of yourself that you made someone happy, it's not like most of us make others happy on a regular basis.

Now you asked me about whether I follow cricket regularly. I can tell you some story about my cricket following (I used to love those story when my mama, the person I love most, used to tell his story when I was young). I have been to cricket matches in Dhaka, sporadically during the 80s. And was a regular spectator of Dhaka premier league in early 90s. There were days when there were not more than 10 people in the gallery. One chinabadam bikreta bhai, one cigarette bikreta bhai, one dim polao bikreta bhai, may be two of them each, then one of my regular cricket watching friend, me and some of my irregular cricket watching/non watching friends. Back then we didn't even think we will play test matches one day. My comment about NZ was out of jest, I think you are too young to get that. I have respect for all the nations that play at highest level, because I have played some at very lower level, so I can only imagine how much skill/talent/hard work needs to get there. So don't accuse me of whether I am showing disrespect to any team. I know you haven't accuse me of that, but your tone gave it away. And yes with age, family, kids and mostly so much of T20 (seriously international players, best of the best playing 20 over match, we didn't even played that in primary school) crap going around I am not following cricket anymore, the way I used to.

Now as a mama or chachhu (I don't mind any) as you were asking whether I follow cricket, I would like to think you really follow cricket religiously. Can you tell me a bangladesh XI consists of cricket players from before our test era. OK I think that would be bit tricky for you. But as you are an avid supporter/follower of great India team (don't deny, in every other post of yours is about how great Indian team is) can you name their best XI for each decade they have played test matches. To make it easy they played their first test match in 1932. And they had two very good medium pacers back then.

I am not Actually expecting any reply from you. And I think this is Sl vs Pak match thread, wth I am doing here. Have a good day/night/life.

jeesh
October 24, 2017, 10:03 PM
Lol. What a reply. Telling you, reading your words temporarily took me back to Abahani and Dhanmondi grounds-back to those days.

exotic
October 25, 2017, 03:16 AM
Lol. What a reply. Telling you, reading your words temporarily took me back to Abahani and Dhanmondi grounds-back to those days.

Yeah those were very innocent days of our cricket. I remember Abahani-Mohammedan match was big crowd puller. Biman, brothers union, always had strong team. Azad boys, young pegasas in the 80s were strong. In 90s GMCC managed to make very strong team for couple of years. Victoria was decent. Still remember raqibul and sajid went out to open for Victoria in the year of 1993/94. Yeah so many memories, all precious. I used to go to Dhaka stadium mostly, but from time to time would go to abahani maath. I am a mohammedan supporter, and they use to play in Dhaka stadium mostly.

jeesh
October 25, 2017, 03:41 AM
And those days our NT would play mostly the A Teams of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.

I think two consecutive years they held a 4 nation meet with BD, India A, Pakistan A, Sri Lanka A. Bangladesh did manage to beat India and Sri Lanka in one of those competitions, and fans were over the moon.

Also remember an instance where a full strength Pakistan team came to play against Bangladesh in a one off match with Waqar, Wasim etc at their prime. Faruque was our captain back then.

Regarding club cricket, i remember Abahani used to bring down Neil Fairbrother for one or two games. He used to be excellent

We really have come a long way since then. But i dont think our friend above knows any of that. :D

exotic
October 25, 2017, 06:58 AM
And those days our NT would play mostly the A Teams of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.

I think two consecutive years they held a 4 nation meet with BD, India A, Pakistan A, Sri Lanka A. Bangladesh did manage to beat India and Sri Lanka in one of those competitions, and fans were over the moon.

Also remember an instance where a full strength Pakistan team came to play against Bangladesh in a one off match with Waqar, Wasim etc at their prime. Faruque was our captain back then.

Regarding club cricket, i remember Abahani used to bring down Neil Fairbrother for one or two games. He used to be excellent

We really have come a long way since then. But i dont think our friend above knows any of that. :D

Sadly last line is so true. You make me nostalgic with your post. Yes those A team tourney I remember. And if I am not wrong, we almost beat pak A as well, was it by one run we lost that. Remember those teams from India (Hydrabad blues), Pakistan (umar qureishi XI), England (MCC) visiting us. One of those matches, when roger biny was red hot after india's WC win in 1983 came to BD, late afternoon, BD started the innings with Yousuf Babu opening, and he smashed him for 4/5 boundaries in first over. Was listening on radio. That was amazing. Nehal hasnain and Nazim Shirazi opening for us. Raqibul Hasan playing those ketabi dhonge forward defensive. Lipu playing lipuscooop way before Dilshan in the late 80's. Badshah getting 3 for 16(or something like that) against Pakistan playing for rest of the world, must in the mid 80s. Abahani had fairbrother and illingworth. They also had wasim akram in 90s. Mohammedan having ranatunga and whole srilankan pacers. Had Sanjeev Sharma. Abahani having samarasekera in 90s, devastating batsman. Yeah so many memories, good memories.

aklemalp
October 26, 2017, 11:54 AM
Pakistan busy taking care of SL

66/6

aklemalp
October 26, 2017, 12:12 PM
Are they gonna reach 100?

aklemalp
October 26, 2017, 12:35 PM
Bowled out or 102.

SL are having almost a hrad time as BD are

aklemalp
October 26, 2017, 12:42 PM
Hasan Ali with career best 3 for 23

NoName
October 29, 2017, 02:14 PM
Who did SL even send to Pak? I only recognize Perera from that line up

Roy_1
October 29, 2017, 05:01 PM
Who did SL even send to Pak? I only recognize Perera from that line up

Lol, they are celebrating all over the internet after whitewashing this ATG Lankan side consisting of Dhanuka and Shanukas :lol:

Night_wolf
October 29, 2017, 08:20 PM
the only way I'll calm down after the SA series is if we whitewash this mentally down SL team in the ODI series. they have lost 12 ODIs in a row now..lost to zim in SL.

Roy_1
October 29, 2017, 08:55 PM
the only way I'll calm down after the SA series is if we whitewash this mentally down SL team in the ODI series. they have lost 12 ODIs in a row now..lost to zim in SL.

BD can surely do that no doubt, just don't take them lightly, they can throw some lethal punches on their day.

NoName
October 29, 2017, 10:02 PM

You do realize we are the team to bring everyone back to form right :lol:

Eshen
November 1, 2017, 11:39 AM
Whatever complain we have against Mushfiq, at least he does not sound this stupid -

Series victory down to witchcraft: Chandimal (http://www.cricket.com.au/news/sri-lanka-test-series-victory-pakistan-sorcerer-witchcraft-magic-meyni-dinesh-chandimal-astrology/2017-10-31)"I am always ready to accept the blessings of anyone - whether it is a meyni or any clergy," Chandimal told reporters after returning to Colombo.

"You can have talent, but without this blessing you can't move forward."