PDA

View Full Version : Pakistani players to miss BPL.

brockley
September 30, 2017, 02:02 PM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20868786/pcb-makes-domestic-t20-participation-mandatory-nocs

Eshen
September 30, 2017, 02:24 PM
I won't miss those Pak drama queens. Hopefully, this will create opportunities for few more of our local talents.

Tigers_eye
September 30, 2017, 04:20 PM
Their loss.

Moh899
September 30, 2017, 06:49 PM
YESs alhamdullilah yass

Night_wolf
September 30, 2017, 08:59 PM
thank god

Rinathq
September 30, 2017, 09:00 PM
Happy about this.. sign some decent players

Roni_uk
September 30, 2017, 11:28 PM
good news

Tausif
October 1, 2017, 12:47 AM
Very good news.

DinRaat.
October 1, 2017, 01:18 AM
Wonder what SH Anik has to say about this.

adamnsu
October 1, 2017, 02:23 AM
Well I don't support Pakistanis for anything, but a lot of Bangladeshis like Anik will miss the likes of Aamir

tiger1000
October 1, 2017, 05:16 AM
As long as we sign the replacement, only Pakistani players lose out

Shadab, Amir would have added to the league, rest are mediocre

simon
October 1, 2017, 05:27 AM
tant mieux

Eclipse
October 1, 2017, 05:36 AM
Its sad. In Bangladesh Pakistani players r way more popular than other foreign players. BPL will surely lose its color to some extent if PAK players dont participate.

ReZ_1
October 1, 2017, 05:44 AM
:great:

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 06:16 AM
As long as we sign the replacement, only Pakistani players lose out

Shadab, Amir would have added to the league, rest are mediocre

Is their mediocrity more superior than Bangladesh player's mediocrity?

Imad Wasim is #1 T20 bowler in the world. Fakhar won them the CT final. Hasan Ali was player of the tournament.

Rifat
October 1, 2017, 06:40 AM
Sohail Tanvir, Mohammad Sami and Ahmed Shehzad have dominated BPL's before...

Hawk-Eye
October 1, 2017, 06:49 AM
প্রতিবারই নাটক তাদের করতেই হবে আমাদের সাথে। দুই দিন পর বলবে পাকিস্তান এ ২ টা T20 না খেললে আমরা NOC দিবনা। পিসিবি তো দেখসি স্টার জলসা কেও হার মানাবে।

brockley
October 1, 2017, 07:43 AM
Why are Pakistan having a no name T20 tournament at the same time as Global Corp and BPL on anyway.
Its not as if its their main cash cow T20 tournament.

tiger1000
October 1, 2017, 10:12 AM
Is their mediocrity more superior than Bangladesh player's mediocrity?

Imad Wasim is #1 T20 bowler in the world. Fakhar won them the CT final. Hasan Ali was player of the tournament.

Chuckers

Fakhar.. Ok he's shown he's got good potential

And no they're average players aren't worse than our ones, but it's no great big loss apart from a handful of players

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 10:17 AM
Chuckers

Fakhar.. Ok he's shown he's got good potential

And no they're average players aren't worse than our ones, but it's no great big loss apart from a handful of players

Who are the chuckers?

Awla
October 1, 2017, 10:56 AM
Great News. Also, reduces the possibility of spot-fixing.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 11:09 AM
Who are the chuckers?

Junaid, I myself can stand somewhere and just throw the ball without bending my elbow as much as he does, one of the worst chuckers I have ever seen not sure why he has not been called out, I have seen Imad, Hafiz and Wahab chucking like there is no tomorrow on more than multiple occasions.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 11:10 AM
Great News. Also, reduces the possibility of spot-fixing.

Absolutely spot-on :up::up::up::up:

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 11:11 AM
Junaid, I myself can stand somewhere and just throw the ball without bending my elbow as much as he does, one of the worst chuckers I have ever seen not sure why he has not been called out, I have seen Imad, Hafiz and Wahab chucking like there is no tomorrow on more than multiple occasions.

I mentioned a few guys in previous post and tiger100 said they were chuckers.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 11:24 AM

Hasan has a fine action and a better bowler than Amir, I have seen Imad chucking multiple times. Fakhar will be exposed soon, just another average hack, no one's gonna miss him in BPL.

tiger1000
October 1, 2017, 11:32 AM

I've seen their players chuck all the time

Hasan Ali chucked handful of times, but doesn't every game, so maybe injury in certain games

Imad chucks all his 55+mph balls and occasionally chucks everything

Junaid is an eye sore

Wahab when not 100% fit chucks all the time

Hafeez, just chucks

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 11:36 AM
I've seen their players chuck all the time

Hasan Ali chucked handful of times, but doesn't every game, so maybe injury in certain games

Imad chucks all his 55+mph balls and occasionally chucks everything

Junaid is an eye sore

Wahab when not 100% fit chucks all the time

Hafeez, just chucks

Can't agree more.

Ontopic: BPL won't miss any of them Pak players, bar Hasan Ali perhaps

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 11:38 AM
They are out of th Global T20 league also?

I don't understand why would they do this.

Roy_1
October 1, 2017, 11:54 AM
They are out of th Global T20 league also?

I don't understand why would they do this.

That CT win literally boosted their ego way too much, I don't see any other reason for them to drop out of T20 leagues overnight even after making themselves available for picking.

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 11:59 AM
That CT win literally boosted their ego way too much, I don't see any other reason for them to drop out of T20 leagues overnight even after making themselves available for picking.

The proverbial "shooting themselves in the feet".

5tonne
October 1, 2017, 04:38 PM
Wonder what SH Anik has to say about this.

I heard he went into a coma.

brockley
October 1, 2017, 05:17 PM
Yes Aklemalp.

aklemalp
October 1, 2017, 06:45 PM
Yes Aklemalp.

Have to respect their board's decision though.

Even though I don't agree with it.

jeesh
October 1, 2017, 10:22 PM
Because there are 2-5 foreign player rule, wonder whether teams will now start getting below average foreign players to fill void.

Max100
October 2, 2017, 12:50 AM
its a wrong decision to play 5 players in BPL. it supposed to be promoting local talent not suppressing. with 5 players batting at top and bowling will not benefit our player

dont like the idea at all

Tigers_eye
October 2, 2017, 02:29 PM
The more I think about it, the more I like it. Thanks PCB.

Getting Pak players in the league has a huge risk. Some of them bring or can potentially bring baggage (fixing) and book makers. Cricket gambling has grown to full blown corruption over there. I hope none of that spills over here.

5tonne
October 2, 2017, 02:35 PM
its a wrong decision to play 5 players in BPL. it supposed to be promoting local talent not suppressing. with 5 players batting at top and bowling will not benefit our player

dont like the idea at all

I don't like that either. There were 5 foreign players in the early editions of BPL and then they changed it to 4. It's back to 5 now. Does any other t20 league allow 5 players? I know BBL only allows 2 foreign players.

Donal C
October 3, 2017, 02:04 AM
http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-series/2627/bangladesh-premier-league-2017/teams/434/sylhet-sixers/squads

Proud to be supporting Sylhet again lol! Came out of nowhere this !

jeesh
October 3, 2017, 05:01 AM
BCB's logic was there will be 8 teams, and not enough quality players to fill the teams. Hence the 5 foreign player rule.

I remember in first BPL Ahmed Shezad was bowling his part time leg spinners for 4 overs, besides his main role as a batsman. Thats exactly what ll happen with higher foreign quota. Less opportunity for locals.

al Furqaan
October 3, 2017, 09:24 AM
http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-series/2627/bangladesh-premier-league-2017/teams/434/sylhet-sixers/squads

Proud to be supporting Sylhet again lol! Came out of nowhere this !

Donnie, you do realize that 95% (so basically everyone) of the Bangladeshis in the UK-Ireland are Sylhet natives...so if you ever talk cricket with BD expats you have to support Sylhet no matter what.