PDA

View Full Version : What would you do If your son/daughter told you they were gay?

DinRaat.
October 8, 2017, 01:40 AM
Just wanted to see a different viewpoint on what people would do If their children announced they were gay. I want to view a bangladeshi perspective on this scenario.

So what would you guys do.

ReZ_1
October 8, 2017, 04:23 AM
Take him/her to doctor/psychiatrist and try to get him/her cured if possible... It's an illness so s/he deserves a healthy life... Besides s/he would already be in Islamic environment to know with reasoning the values of being in healthy life...

Yankees
October 8, 2017, 11:23 AM
Just wanted to see a different viewpoint on what people would do If their children announced they were gay. I want to view a bangladeshi perspective on this scenario.

So what would you guys do.

First thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=48709

And now this thread. Is there something you want to tell us DinRaat?

Din raat boshe boshe kar kotha mone pore? :lol::lol:

Yankees
October 8, 2017, 11:25 AM
Take him/her to doctor/psychiatrist and try to get him/her cured if possible... It's an illness so s/he deserves a healthy life... Besides s/he would already be in Islamic environment to know with reasoning the values of being in healthy life...

For your son's sake, I hope he doesn't turn out gay. Poor kid would suffer having a bigoted father.

brockley
October 8, 2017, 05:07 PM
We have the Same Sex Marriage debate and vote in Australia at the moment.
I sad no children,because I want no children.

Night_wolf
October 8, 2017, 08:04 PM
First thread: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=48709

And now this thread. Is there something you want to tell us DinRaat?

Din raat boshe boshe kar kotha mone pore? :lol::lol:

he is just trying to create controversial threads, more the controversy more hit the thread.

topic(Gay) like these brings out the Islamic bigots, along with their brothers in arm the atheist bigots

iDumb
October 8, 2017, 08:45 PM
topic(Gay) like these brings out the Islamic bigots, along with their brothers in arm the atheist bigots

Well said nw...

Ppl do not realize but the extremes at both spectrum are equally detestable ...

There is nothing wrong with being against homosexuality or being for it ...it is the disrespect some of these ppl have from each spectrum for each other that is difficult to fathom......

At the end of the day what matters most is your own family and their safety and happiness .....nothing else. It's my son .....I raised him ... I provided for him ... I say #f off # to any one who wants to dictate how I should react . Simply none of your business

DinRaat.
October 8, 2017, 08:50 PM
I just wanna see what you guys think.
:facepalm:

No need for hate towards other opinon, its a forum and you can express your opinon. No matter what religion you are.

Welcome to the internet.

DinRaat.
October 8, 2017, 09:30 PM
he is just trying to create controversial threads, more the controversy more hit the thread.

I don't know if you have been following the news in Sydney,but the "Safe Schools" initiative will cause a lot of stir in public and private schools, but I am not also opposed to gays.

Its just that their constant push to make it a norm in society, and continually forcing the other side to believe, that being gay should be accepted. Coming from a muslim school in Sydney's south-west(Auburn) I was mainly told that being gay is not recommended, heck our school recently had a interview with the media about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3728124/Principal-Sydney-Islamic-school-says-students-taught-homosexual-wrong.html

Unlike the US, we have same sex marriage supporters that are trying to push their agendas onto our education system. Public schools and private schools will be forced to incorporate Safe Schools into the curriculum just because of some minority, who believe marrying men and men is right.

SafeSchools,and similar extreme LGBT sex education programs, teach children to accept the
conclusions of queer theory; that biological sex cannot be understood as male/female; that sexual diversity and gender diversity are a natural part of each individual’s true identity; that diversity in all its forms must be affirmed and celebrated.Safe schools and marriage work together to eradicate the idea that distinctions between male and female have any significance, or that heterosexuality, bisexuality can be distinguished from heterosexuality

Islamically, it is pretty clear that same-sex marriage will never be accepted.

brockley
October 8, 2017, 10:00 PM
Some Muslims have been absent in australia on this debate ,like on the Drum.
The reason the left support us,and the right always beat us down.

DinRaat.
October 9, 2017, 01:17 AM
Some Muslims have been absent in australia on this debate ,like on the Drum.
The reason the left support us,and the right always beat us down.

What does that chirpy african lady say about this. Has she been chirping like a bird again?

brockley
October 9, 2017, 02:21 AM
She is for it actually.

adamnsu
October 9, 2017, 04:08 AM
I just wanna see what you guys think.
:facepalm:

No need for hate towards other opinon, its a forum and you can express your opinon. No matter what religion you are.

Welcome to the internet.

I also want to bring up some debatable topics, but because some people here cannot maturely conduct themselves so I avoid it.

Anyways, it will be a difficult pill to swallow for many Bangladeshis as parents. Apart from the societal pressures many Bangladeshi parents would feel that they have failed in parenting upbringing.

DinRaat.
October 9, 2017, 05:56 AM
I also want to bring up some debatable topics, but because some people here cannot maturely conduct themselves so I avoid it.

Anyways, it will be a difficult pill to swallow for many Bangladeshis as parents. Apart from the societal pressures many Bangladeshi parents would feel that they have failed in parenting upbringing.

Don't hesitate to open a thread, everyone loves a good well constructed debate.If immaturity is a problem the mods will see to that.

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2017, 10:35 AM
It is the ultimate boundary to cross to the dark side. :)

"Mair'er upor oshud nai."

++++
I love my son more than myself. If he needs a heart or lungs, and if the Docs say yes (match), I would not hesitate, inshallah. But this is something that will ruin him. Being a father, knowing his destination, I would try my utmost to show him the light. I won't hate him but I would be very sad for him and his partner.

By the way, I don't think I have to deal with that with my son. He is a high school going teenager. The lessons have been given on this already. :)

Yankees
October 9, 2017, 10:52 AM
Homosexuality is also a sin in Christianity, but most Christian nations have matured past that, and Christians have learned not to let their religious beliefs dictate basic human rights.

Most Islamic societies are not there yet, and won't get there in our lifetime.

iDumb
October 9, 2017, 12:03 PM
How a normal loving father feels about his children transcends any dictations by random religious scriptures .

Tigers_eye thank you for your input ... I don't think this is a religious matter but I can see how not so critical thinking brain can arrive to that conclusion .

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2017, 01:29 PM

Tigers_eye thank you for your input ... I don't think this is a religious matter but I can see how not so critical thinking brain can arrive to that conclusion .You are welcome. I know this is a religious matter. Otherwise, I wouldn't even be bothered on who he would choose as a partner (male/female Muslim/Non-Muslim).

iDumb
October 9, 2017, 02:42 PM
You are welcome. I know this is a religious matter. Otherwise, I wouldn't even be bothered on who he would choose as a partner (male/female Muslim/Non-Muslim).

For you maybe it is ..
There are many ppl out there (non muslim ..non religious ) who has no problem with gay couples but when it hits their own family ..it's hard for them to accept but eventually they do .

The whole world do not revolve around fictitious religion and these are human feelings that many families deal with ... some look at religion for answers ..others cope differently ..

iDumb
October 9, 2017, 03:08 PM
Just to elaborate a bit further ..even for a heterosexual.. I will have a big say in who my son/daughter chooses to marry ... I don't trust a 20 year old to make smart decisions

So when you say you "wouldn't even be bothered who he chooses " if it wasn't for Islam ... I think in my opinion that is being a poor parent who is losing grip on his family ... (if has no religion as guide?)

See how religion always doesn't play role :)

bujhee kom
October 9, 2017, 07:20 PM
Finally, the ultimate 'Coming Out' thread...

Since it is...Diinraat...Congrats, brother!
Be strong, believe in yourself and let go of all fear.
Listen, Do Not be afraid of anybody or anything.
Only remember, play the tambourine, but always play safe.

This is for you ...this is your night to shine, Diinraat.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qk_Vu6AcbWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DinRaat.
October 9, 2017, 08:27 PM
You're absolutely right about the stats. But that doesn't mean the solution should be to deny these men who they are, or deny them basic rights like free will.

Marriage is between a man and a women, it has been like this for eeons. Article 16 of the UN human rights. Doesn't say anything about letting a man and a man get married.

Soon we will see man and dog getting married because it is seen as "modern".

1.Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.

2.Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.

3.The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

Source:http://www.claiminghumanrights.org/udhr_article_16.html#at17

aklemalp
October 9, 2017, 08:37 PM
I hate this thread.

Just my opinion

Yankees
October 9, 2017, 09:30 PM
Marriage is between a man and a women, it has been like this for eeons. Article 16 of the UN human rights. Doesn't say anything about letting a man and a man get married.

Soon we will see man and dog getting married because it is seen as "modern".

Source:http://www.claiminghumanrights.org/udhr_article_16.html#at17

ok buddy, if you think a man marrying a man will lead to a man and a dog, then there's no point in discussing anymore. Just know that you are on the wrong side of history.

Also, fyi, the UN declaration of human rights was supposed to eradicate discrimination around the world. It's not meant to be used as a tool to deny additional protection. Don't be surprised if the next update includes "sexual orientation" as well.

DinRaat.
October 9, 2017, 09:43 PM
ok buddy, if you think a man marrying a man will lead to a man and a dog, then there's no point in discussing anymore. Just know that you are on the wrong side of history.

Also, fyi, the UN declaration of human rights was supposed to eradicate discrimination around the world. It's not meant to be used as a tool to deny additional protection. Don't be surprised if the next update includes "sexual orientation" as well.

Whats the so called right side of history then. Logically why do you think same sex marriage should be allowed. Care to explain.

If getting married to another person of the same sex makes a person happy then so be it. But I am still opposed to the idea of same-sex marriage,a growing tumor in society.

tonmoy.dhaka
October 11, 2017, 06:58 PM
Bangladesh and bangladeshis are slowly becoming more and more radicalised.
Being gay /lesbian is not a choice. Since it is not a choice so Two consenting adults must be allowed to live as a couple and enjoy the benefits of a married couple.

Tigers_eye
October 12, 2017, 09:58 AM
Being Gay/lesbian is a choice. End of discussion from my end.

tonmoy.dhaka
October 12, 2017, 12:39 PM
Being Gay/lesbian is a choice. End of discussion from my end.

If you think it is a choice, if you think you choose to be attracted women instead of men, and you are capable of being attracted to a man.
Than u my friend is also a bi-sexual.

:lol:

bujhee kom
October 12, 2017, 01:45 PM
On a serious note:
If I had any children at all, the Lord did not bless me and my beloved wife with any except for many many cats...So, if my wife and I had a human daughter and one day, during her adolescence years, she came to her mom and dad and said that she is gay: I know my wife would be absolutely thrilled for the young lady's honesty and courage and fully support her and her future lover/partner/wife with all her strength to protect her from this hateful, homophobic world.

And I would do the same and would tell her, "Ma, I am so happy for you and I hope and pray that you find a beautiful, good hearted woman as your beloved when you are ready, but do not lead a promiscuous life as it will only bring sadness and quarrel in your and your partner/lover's lives, do not hurt or break her(my daughter's partner) heart AND do not let her hurt you (if she is abusive toward you)". The day my gay daughter finds love and bring her partner home to me and my wife to introduce her, I would tell her that the Lord had blessed me with a most wonderful daughter and now He has given me another, the Lord is indeed most kind upon me and my wife. I will tell them to be kind to each other and to all God's creations, life-forms (plants and animals alike). I will tell them that now I have two daughters I am all set for life and the two of them will look after their parents (us) when we are old.

Now if the Lord had blessed me and my wife with a human son and just like the above narration, he came to us and told us in his teen years that he is gay, again same goes for him as above. Plus I would tell him to practice safe sex when he is ready to. I would tell him to love his partner/love of his life with all his heart when he finds him. And I would tell him all the same thing I would have told a gay daughter of mine (or whether they are gay or straight), regarding promiscuity etc. If he is matured enough and brought his true love/boy-friend to me and my wife to introduce him to us, I would say that Lord has indeed blessed me today with a second son. Now my wife and I will have two sons to carry our groceries, furniture, luggage, change car oil, change tires, cut dead branches of trees, cook for us, take care of all our cats and pets etc. when we are old.

And then my wife and I would attend all the gay/lesbian/Bi/Trans-gender rights rally, all the 'Fight the Hate' rallies like we already do but harder and for the rest our lives, until we can not get up on our own no more.

I am a practicing Muslim, my God is my God, and I will answer to my God. I attend and say my prayers, worship to Allah at Dergah Al-Farah in Tribeca. My Imam/Sheikha is Philippa De Menil - Sheikha Fariha Nur al-Jerrahi (may Allah Subhanatala bless her heart and mind) and she welcomes all humans in our mosque, any religion, no religion, gay or lesbian, anyone who wants sublime guidance and peace in his/her soul.
The Nur Ashki al-Jerrahi and the Nakshbandi orders respect all of Allah's creations and all humans that are NOT hurting another fellow man or unnecessarily hurting one of our Creator's boundless creations/life-forms. May Allah Subhanatala, my Lord bless the late Lex Hixon (Sheikh Nur al-Anwar al-Jerrahi)(RIP) and the late great soul and teacher Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak (RIP).
May Allah bless Sheikha Amina Teslima al-Jerrahi of Mexico City.

And as always, may our Lord - Allah bless the soul of my most beloved prophet Muhammad (PBUH) with most sublime peace and His endless eternal love.

tonmoy.dhaka
October 12, 2017, 02:04 PM
On a serious note:
If I had any children at all, the Lord did not bless me and my beloved wife any except for many many cats...So, if my wife and I had a human daughter and one day, during her adolescence years, she came to her mom and dad and said that she is gay: I know my wife would be thrilled for her honesty and courage and fully support her and her future lover/partner/wife with all her strength from this hateful, homophobic world.

And I would do the same and would tell her, Ma, I am so happy for you and I hope and pray that you find a beautiful, good heart woman when you are ready as your beloved, do not live a promiscuous life as it will only bring sadness and quarrel in your and your partner/lover's lives, do not hurt or break her(my daughter's love) heart AND do not let her hurt you (if she is abusive toward you). The day my gay daughter finds love and bring her partner home to me and my wife to introduce her, I would tell her that the Lord had blessed me with a daughter and now He has given me another.the Lord is indeed most kind upon me and my wife. I will tell them to be kind at each other and to all God's creations, life-forms (plants and animals alike). I will tell them that now I have two daughters who will look after me and wife when we are old.

Now if the Lord had blessed me and my wife with a human and just like above narration, he came to us and told us in his teen years that he is gay, again same goes for him as above. Plus I would tell him to practice safe sex when he is ready to. I would tell him to love his partner/love of his life with all his heart when he finds him. And I would tell him all the same thing I would have told a daughter of mine, regarding promiscuity etc. If he is matured enough and brought true love/boy-friend to me and my wife to introduce him to us, I would say that Lord has indeed blessed me toady with a second son. Now my wife and I will have two sons to carry our groceries, furniture, luggage, change car oil, change tires, cut dead branches of trees, cook for us etc. when we are old.

And then my wife and I would attend all the gay/lesbian/Bi/Trans-gender rights rally, all the 'Fight the Hate' rally like we already do for the rest our lives, until we can not get up on our own no more.

I am a practicing Muslim, my God is my God, and I will answer to my God. I attend and say my prayers, worship to Allah at Dergah Al-Farah in Tribeca. My Imam/Sheikha is Philippa De Menil - Sheikha Fariha Nur al-Jerrahi (may Allah Subhanatala bless her heart and mind) and she welcomes all humans in our mosque, any religion, no religion, gay or lesbian, anyone who wants sublime guidance and peace in his/her soul.
The Nur Ashki al-Jerrahi and the Nakshbandi orders respects all of Allah's creations and all humans that are NOT hurting another fellow man or unnecessarily hurting one of our Creator's boundless creations/life-forms. May Allah Subhanatala, my Lord bless the late Lex Hixon (Sheikh Nur al-Anwar al-Jerrahi)(RIP) and the late great soul and teacher Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak (RIP).
May Allah bless Sheikha Amina Teslima al-Jerrahi in Mexico City.

May Allah bless the soul of my most beloved prophet Muhammad (PBUH) with most sublime peace and our Lord's endless love for eternity.

Great post...
I am as straight as an arrow, and I love my family to bits. Saying that, I would have been honored to call somebody like yourself my father.

Your religion is your own relationship with God. You should not have to answer to anyone other that God. If a person knows how to look than he can always find a way to be a kind human being. As an example when someone came to Jesus and challenged him to judge a woman for adultery (punishable by stoning), Jesus said "he who is without sin can cast the first stone". (no, I am not christian)

simon
October 12, 2017, 02:09 PM
ki jamana aisha porlo, ekhon eshob niya o bhabte hoy :(

iDumb
October 12, 2017, 03:18 PM
Great post...
I am as straight as an arrow, and I love my family to bits. Saying that, I would have been honored to call somebody like yourself my father.

Haha. Wth. So being a great father only means having him accept your life partner ?

Such a high bar you set there (sarcasm)

brockley
October 12, 2017, 05:42 PM
Love that sentiment Buhjee.
If i had a gay or lesbian daughter,would be accepting.
Except I don't want children.If I don't already have some hidden away,who knows.
I would bring them up in the christian faith,but go to their wedding,even tho I believe not in it,for religious reasons.
But would celebrate it the wedding and them all the same.

aklemalp
October 12, 2017, 07:38 PM
On a serious note:
If I had any children at all, the Lord did not bless me and my beloved wife with any except for many many cats...So, if my wife and I had a human daughter and one day, during her adolescence years, she came to her mom and dad and said that she is gay: I know my wife would be absolutely thrilled for the young lady's honesty and courage and fully support her and her future lover/partner/wife with all her strength to protect her from this hateful, homophobic world.

And I would do the same and would tell her, "Ma, I am so happy for you and I hope and pray that you find a beautiful, good hearted woman as your beloved when you are ready, but do not lead a promiscuous life as it will only bring sadness and quarrel in your and your partner/lover's lives, do not hurt or break her(my daughter's partner) heart AND do not let her hurt you (if she is abusive toward you)". The day my gay daughter finds love and bring her partner home to me and my wife to introduce her, I would tell her that the Lord had blessed me with a daughter and now He has given me another.the Lord is indeed most kind upon me and my wife. I will tell them to be kind at each other and to all God's creations, life-forms (plants and animals alike). I will tell them that now I have two daughters who will look after me and wife when we are old.

Now if the Lord had blessed me and my wife with a human son and just like above narration, he came to us and told us in his teen years that he is gay, again same goes for him as above. Plus I would tell him to practice safe sex when he is ready to. I would tell him to love his partner/love of his life with all his heart when he finds him. And I would tell him all the same thing I would have told a gay daughter of mine (or whether they are gay or straight), regarding promiscuity etc. If he is matured enough and brought his true love/boy-friend to me and my wife to introduce him to us, I would say that Lord has indeed blessed me today with a second son. Now my wife and I will have two sons to carry our groceries, furniture, luggage, change car oil, change tires, cut dead branches of trees, cook for us etc. when we are old.

And then my wife and I would attend all the gay/lesbian/Bi/Trans-gender rights rally, all the 'Fight the Hate' rally like we already do for the rest our lives, until we can not get up on our own no more.

The Nur Ashki al-Jerrahi and the Nakshbandi orders respect all of Allah's creations and all humans that are NOT hurting another fellow man or unnecessarily hurting one of our Creator's boundless creations/life-forms. May Allah Subhanatala, my Lord bless the late Lex Hixon (Sheikh Nur al-Anwar al-Jerrahi)(RIP) and the late great soul and teacher Sheikh Muzaffer Ozak (RIP).
May Allah bless Sheikha Amina Teslima al-Jerrahi in Mexico City.

May Allah bless the soul of my most beloved prophet Muhammad (PBUH) with most sublime peace and our Lord's endless eternal love.

Agree with everything you mentioned here Zaved bhai.

But, I still hate this thread

tiger1000
October 12, 2017, 08:14 PM
As long as he's not the wicketkeeper

DinRaat.
October 12, 2017, 08:14 PM
Homosexuality is a choice, you are not born homosexual, you choose to be later on. I agree with T.E

DinRaat.
October 12, 2017, 08:15 PM
As long as he's not the wicketkeeper

Joke of the year. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jadukor
October 12, 2017, 10:55 PM
Being gay /lesbian is not a choice. Since it is not a choice so Two consenting adults must be allowed to live as a couple and enjoy the benefits of a married couple.

Agreed. :up:

bujhee kom
October 15, 2017, 10:45 AM
Great post...

That is a super kind and nice thing to say, dear Tonmoy. You should know that the feeling is absolutely mutual.

I said it before many a times, saying it again, Tonmoy - I am always extremely proud of your posts that reflect your vigilant, utterly brave mind and heart which always stand by the weak and cornered who are constantly oppressed by a cruel, poorly educated, closed, shamelessly hateful, disgusting society and a heartless,foaming in the rabid mouth kinds. Your fantastic/energetic posts make BC/this forum tolerable and abetter place.

I am not going to call out out imbeciles and morons in forum (here). Because it never changes absolutely anything. A great mind ( I forgot the name, and he does not post here anymore) here BC once said that a forum does not change people or educate people, or broaden their mind and soften their hearts. People with preconceived notion, dark, hateful beliefs will always remain the same and act in a forum the same and spew out hate and their ugliness.

Tonmoy, I will come to Yorkville, Toronto in mid November for a couple of days. I will PM you. We can have a meal together if you have time to meet.

Cheers!
Zaved/bk

Yankees
October 15, 2017, 02:20 PM
Bangladesh and bangladeshis are slowly becoming more and more radicalised.

shh now tonmoy bro. This post is far too logical for this thread.

tonmoy.dhaka
October 16, 2017, 11:55 AM
Tonmoy, I will come to Yorkville, Toronto in mid November for a couple of days. I will PM you. We can have a meal together if you have time to meet.

Cheers!
Zaved/bk

Would love to... PM me... :)

tonmoy.dhaka
October 16, 2017, 11:59 AM
shh now tonmoy bro. This post is far too logical for this thread.

Discrimination based on race religion color sexual orientation is still prevalent in this day and age. Not sure if this will ever go away, that's the sad reality.

Tigers_eye
October 16, 2017, 12:29 PM
I'll give you Logic.

Is it logical to say that a 6 month old baby to knows "Fire" burns? Is is logical to say a 6 month baby doesn't have a say on which color he or she will like; Red or black or blue? It is in his or her DNA to like spicy food and not sweets? Is it logical say for a child to like another child's butt hole because that was coded in his or her DNA? No, they have no understanding of that at that stage.

It is the environment they grow up, their belief system, their tolerance level, and their likes and dislikes that dictate what they choose to be. Sexual understanding didn't come when they were born. It is a choice that the man or woman choose when they became aged with all the experience they gained till that point. Just like some may like red cars, or white shirt. If this is not logical then you all need to revisit what logical means.

It is a choice.

iDumb
October 16, 2017, 01:35 PM
I'll give you Logic.

It is a choice.

I wish you hadn't written that post. That is a post with very poor logic unfortunately .

I will just be reading now to see who replies to you and how you respond ...takes popcorn

bujhee kom
October 16, 2017, 01:49 PM
I'll give you Logic.

Is it logical to say that a 6 month old baby to knows "Fire" burns? Is is logical to say a 6 month baby doesn't have a say on which color he or she will like; Red or black or blue? It is in his or her DNA to like spicy food and not sweets? Is it logical say for a child to like another child's butt hole because that was coded in his or her DNA? No, they have no understanding of that at that stage.

It is the environment they grow up, their belief system, their tolerance level, and their likes and dislikes that dictate what they choose to be. Sexual understanding didn't come when they were born. It is a choice that the man or woman choose when they became aged with all the experience they gained till that point. Just like some may like red cars, or white shirt. If this is not logical then you all need to revisit what logical means.

It is a choice.

Tigers_eye bhai, you are our big brother, and I have the utmost respect for you. But I have to say this at the expense of offending you, I will say this in advance that I feel bad in doing such, but your above POOR logic is absolutely, completely and utterly Rubbish! And I am doing so, because I like to engage in a conversation with you, because I know you are intelligent and it is worth it.

"It is in his or her DNA to like spicy food and not sweets?"
Say what? One's mitochondrial or any for that matter - DNA does not determine, dictate a child's taste bud or preference for certain taste for food. I wish Dr. Shaad uncle was still around.

"Is it logical say for a child to like another child's butt hole because that was coded in his or her DNA?"
A 6 month's old should NOT like another child's neither Butt Hole nor Vagina, if he/she does, that is purely due to playful, from a child-like curiosity, NOT because of sexual arousal! A human does not develop sexual curiosity or maturity at a preadolescence age. It is the teen years that will determine if a man or a woman is gay or straight, it is during puberty that a man or a woman starts to feel what they feel naturally.

ALL the gay men and gay women that I KNOW that raised children, NONE of their children grew up to be GAY. The environment DOES not do jack.

If being gay is a choice, all gays would choose to be 'STRAIGHT' in this hate-mongering, dangerous world where they are constantly under physical and emotional threat. The fire/flame is the society that hates them, not the flaming butt-hole. And nobody would choose to walk that hard way to be constantly discriminated, ridiculed and abused by a bunch of hat-mongering degenerates.

Tigers-eye bhai, you live in Little Rock, AK...if being gay was a choice, there would NOT be a single gay in Arkansas. But the fact is, there are gays in your town and amongst your neighbors.

Moh899
October 16, 2017, 02:08 PM
Thapray naak ar kaan falay ditam... i dont play around with that crap... amar polapain eigula bolle oder tejioputro kortam. Simple

tonmoy.dhaka
October 16, 2017, 02:17 PM
I know a person in Canada (Bangladeshi origin) who has been abandoned by his family after he came out and confessed. I know how difficult life is for him.

When I read some of the comments here, I just get sad, and I feel sorry that we even debate on issues as to we must discriminate or not.

Some comments do not even deserve a reply or an acknowledgement. As the saying goes "do not feed the troll".

SportingBD
October 16, 2017, 02:27 PM
If I was to live amongst a community filled with majority gay people, the first step I would take is leave that place ASAP ! Why? this is a matter of faith and belief. It should not be confused with hating them or disliking them. I would be too afraid of the punishment of God. I would take the easy route and live amongst normal people. It is because that I will always live with the fear that... Ya Allah when will the punishment of Allah befall on that community or place... that fear will just make me run from that place. Not because I dislike them, it's because I fear for my life.

So to protect myself, I will just abandon that place and live amongst normal community. Nothing to do with hatred or disliking them. In regards to the thread question... I will just pray to Allah to keep them straight all the time.. if it comes to the position that my son or daughter becomes that, I will accept it as written in my fate.

once again. this is for me a matter of faith. Nothing to do with hating them.

brockley
October 16, 2017, 02:28 PM
Don't like seeing family casting family out its not normal.

tonmoy.dhaka
October 16, 2017, 02:55 PM
If I was to live amongst a community filled with majority gay people, the first step I would take is leave that place ASAP ! Why? this is a matter of faith and belief. It should not be confused with hating them or disliking them. I would be too afraid of the punishment of God. I would take the easy route and live amongst normal people. It is because that I will always live with the fear that... Ya Allah when will the punishment of Allah befall on that community or place... that fear will just make me run from that place. Not because I dislike them, it's because I fear for my life.

So to protect myself, I will just abandon that place and live amongst normal community. Nothing to do with hatred or disliking them. In regards to the thread question... I will just pray to Allah to keep them straight all the time.. if it comes to the position that my son or daughter becomes that, I will accept it as written in my fate.

once again. this is for me a matter of faith. Nothing to do with hating them.

During Second World war, Germans were dominating the sea with their U-boats, killing thousands in the process. A lot of the ships they targeted were not even military ships, but ships carrying goods.
German's used to transmit the coordinates of their next attack using a device called the "Enigma machine", because of the possible permutation and combination, it was almost impossible to decode.
Along came a brilliant scientist/engineer by the name of "Alan Turing", he built the first modern computer using binary math, that helped decode the germans "enigma" machine. He helped save thousand of lives in the process.
Alan Turing was also Gay. You should also read up on how he died.

Truth is, there is not a society in this world where majority people are gay/lesbian.
Truth is that this kind of act is also prevelant in a small percentage in Animal kingdom.
Truth is that even if I am surrounded by Gays 24/7 , I will not be attracted to another sex.
As "Bujhee Kom" rightly said, because of the discrimination and the injustice, no one in their right mind would ever choose to be gay if this was a choice.

Finally there is a reason, most people like to migrate in advanced society, like somewhere in Europe or the America's. They love to migrate in these countries despite them having Gay rights. Because world will never be destroyed because humans chose Not to discriminate, world will be destroyed when people will feel they are somehow superior and discriminate against those they feel are inferior.

SportingBD
October 16, 2017, 03:06 PM
I said community and place. I said if I live in a community or place, that has majority gay people.

+ If I feel like the population of gay people is increasing in that community or place, I will just abandon that place. I don't want to get caught in the crossfire (Punishment sent by God). I care about my life, like most people care about their life.

I would just move away from that place. No need to argue with them, because majority will destroy you. No need to show them that religiously this is wrong and they should fear God, because they most likely won't care. So what is the best option for me? just leave them in peace and abandon that place. I want to protect myself firstly.

Nothing to do with disliking or hating them. I just don't want to get caught up in God's punishment.

tonmoy.dhaka
October 16, 2017, 03:18 PM
I said community and place. I said if I live in a community or place, that has majority gay people.

+ If I feel like the population of gay people is increasing in that community or place, I will just abandon that place. I don't want to get caught in the crossfire (Punishment sent by God). I care about my life, like most people care about their life.

I would just move away from that place. No need to argue with them, because majority will destroy you. No need to show them that religiously this is wrong and they should fear God, because they most likely won't care. So what is the best option for me? just leave them in peace and abandon that place. I want to protect myself firstly.

Nothing to do with disliking or hating them. I just don't want to get caught up in God's punishment.

In a lighter note:
So your God is NOT equipped with a snipers rifle, he is incapable to pick and choose. He believes in using nuclear warheads only... lol

SportingBD
October 16, 2017, 03:23 PM
In a lighter note:
So your God is NOT equipped with a snipers rifle, he is incapable to pick and choose. He believes in using nuclear warheads only... lol

I did not get this comment to be honest.

Why would he punish people when amongst them live majority good people?

Tonmoy post above is 666 hehe a sign from above;) LOL

iDumb
October 16, 2017, 03:58 PM
I think we should lock this thread for everyone's sake .

Very difficult to read

bujhee kom
October 16, 2017, 05:23 PM
I am sorry to my Tigers-eye bhai saheeb aka amader shuprio bhalobashar Jamai babu akaa Dula miah bhai...
I am sorry that I was very harsh toward him. His comments are not hateful or mean toward gays, I feel that he did not deserve that, he never deserves that from me.
Only reason I will do this to him, is because I can engage in an argument with him laced with critical thinking and clarity and that is a rare and is an absolute beautiful thing.

I love this man and I hold extreme high respect for him within this forum and as well as outside.

DinRaat.
October 16, 2017, 11:44 PM
I am sorry to my Tigers-eye bhai saheeb aka amader shuprio bhalobashar Jamai babu akaa Dula miah bhai...
I am sorry that I was very harsh toward him. His comments are not hateful or mean toward gays, I feel that he did not deserve that, he never deserves that from me.
Only reason I will do this to him, is because I can engage in an argument with him laced with critical thinking and clarity and that is a rare and is an absolute beautiful thing.

I love this man and I hold extreme high respect for him within this forum and as well as outside.

Your comments were not hateful, heck its good that we finally have something to talk about in this forum. You are expressing your own opinion and its not your fault if someone takes it offensively.

DinRaat.
October 16, 2017, 11:51 PM
I did not get this comment to be honest.

Why would he punish people when amongst them live majority good people?

Tonmoy post above is 666 hehe a sign from above;) LOL

Ditto, please explain what you meant by Sniper Rifles Tonmoy.

I think I need a break from this forum.

tonmoy.dhaka
October 17, 2017, 06:55 AM
Ditto, please explain what you meant by Sniper Rifles Tonmoy.

I think I need a break from this forum.

I am sorry, but why do I need to explain a simple analogy?

A sniper believes in 1 shot 1 kill, they don't cause collateral damage. Where as a nuclear bomb cannot distinguish between an enemy and women and children. So if one thinks that he will somehow face the wrath of God even after being a good person just because he is surrounded by sinners than that shows God cannot pick and choose, as ludicrous as that sounds.

PS: I do not consider being homosexual as a sin, however I consider being homophobic as a sin.

SportingBD
October 17, 2017, 07:16 AM
I am sorry, but why do I need to explain a simple analogy?

A sniper believes in 1 shot 1 kill, they don't cause collateral damage. Where as a nuclear bomb cannot distinguish between an enemy and women and children. So if one thinks that he will somehow face the wrath of God even after being a good person just because he is surrounded by sinners than that shows God cannot pick and choose, as ludicrous as that sounds.

PS: I do not consider being homosexual as a sin, however I consider being homophobic as a sin.

I think you have to study about religion and God more bro. May Allah remove the barrier you have to understand him better!

The reason you failed to understand my point is the lack of knowledge and wisdom you have about God and his laws. It’s not easy, I myself struggle often.

The point you missed out. What option do I as a believing person have when I am surrounded by let’s say sinful (gay people, using as an example)?

Option 1: Warn them, that religiously, according to our teaching it’s wrong.
Option 2: leave that place and move somewhere else.

If you take option 1 and they listen and change, you can happily stay with them.
However, if option 1 is failed, and they don’t take your warning., you exercise option 2.

Remember God never told us to Harm the gay people, or be abusive to them. He gave us couple of options. Warn them, if they don’t change, save yourself by exercising option 2.

Now if the destruction of God falls, and as a believer I haven’t exercised either of the option, what will I answer to God? When the destruction destroys everything I have? Because I failed to exercise what is required of me to do as a faithful Muslim? Remember God punishment is severe. Just to say you believe and have faith and at the same time do the opposite of what God commands is itself a sin. By staying with them I am failing to respond to what God wants from his servant.

Remember to God, and his laws, this is a sinful act. Hence as a believer, I have the right to follow it. I hope you would respect that.

Jadukor
October 17, 2017, 08:47 AM
I think you have to study about religion and God more bro. May Allah remove the barrier you have to understand him better!

The reason you failed to understand my point is the lack of knowledge and wisdom you have about God and his laws. It’s not easy, I myself struggle often.

The point you missed out. What option do I as a believing person have when I am surrounded by let’s say sinful (gay people, using as an example)?

Option 1: Warn them, that religiously, according to our teaching it’s wrong.
Option 2: leave that place and move somewhere else.

If you take option 1 and they listen and change, you can happily stay with them.
However, if option 1 is failed, and they don’t take your warning., you exercise option 2.

Remember God never told us to Harm the gay people, or be abusive to them. He gave us couple of options. Warn them, if they don’t change, save yourself by exercising option 2.

Now if the destruction of God falls, and as a believer I haven’t exercised either of the option, what will I answer to God? When the destruction destroys everything I have? Because I failed to exercise what is required of me to do as a faithful Muslim? Remember God punishment is severe. Just to say you believe and have faith and at the same time do the opposite of what God commands is itself a sin. By staying with them I am failing to respond to what God wants from his servant.

Remember to God, and his laws, this is a sinful act. Hence as a believer, I have the right to follow it. I hope you would respect that.
There is option 3: minding your own business

SportingBD
October 17, 2017, 09:05 AM
There is option 3: minding your own business

Do you mean to say stay quite/silent? That would be against the belief/faith etc.
Why? Because you did not listen to what God told you in regards to this. Hence, if you lived amongst that community/place, and you were struck by that punishment, you would be considered the same like them. Therefore, how can you complain against God? That he was unfair? When it was you who decided to mind your own business? By not caring about what your duty was as a believer? What God law is about this?

I don’t know if this example sounds logical.

Assume, my friend committed a crime. I was with him. Let’s say, he killed someone. If I do not stop him, stay quite, do not report to the authority, am I punishable by law?
I think the answer would be yes? Because the murder is a crime and I didn’t do anything? Even though I saw what he did? But I would still be punished? Why?

The same applies here. The Gay thing is a sin in Islam, and it has its law. If I stay quite amongst that community, without warning them, leaving that place etc, would God punish me? I think the answer here would be yes? As I knew the law but decided to stay quite. As I knew what I had to do, but decided I won’t do them.

This issue has a lot to do with peoples faith and belief. I think we should respect that.

Tigers_eye
October 17, 2017, 09:09 AM
There is option 3: minding your own businessHere lies the issue.

If you know the truth, You must implement it in your life and then MUST convey. Can't just sit on the beneficial knowledge. But you can not force it on others. And most religious bigots fail to do so. If it gets to confrontation, then you stop and say you have your belief and I have mine.

Option 3 is not there in Islam. You have to convey for at least once (For your family it is multiple times.) This is for our own salvation. We can't get to heaven by ourselves. God's mercy is linked in how we help others to see the light. :)

Tigers_eye
October 17, 2017, 09:18 AM

Bitlami koro amar shatey? ei shob bhuwa alga LOVE bou're daw giya. Tomar khobor asey. NY'e aishey loi. Boshta kina raikkho. Mair ek tao mati'tey porbe na.

"Opa gangnam style.
ei sexy BK."

tonmoy.dhaka
October 17, 2017, 10:16 AM
Here lies the issue.

If you know the truth, You must implement it in your life and then MUST convey. Can't just sit on the beneficial knowledge. But you can not force it on others. And most religious bigots fail to do so. If it gets to confrontation, then you stop and say you have your belief and I have mine.

Option 3 is not there in Islam. You have to convey for at least once (For your family it is multiple times.) This is for our own salvation. We can't get to heaven by ourselves. God's mercy is linked in how we help others to see the light. :)

Since Option 3 (minding ones business) is not a part of Islam, So here is my question.

Back in 2016, a prominent LGBT activist Xulhaz Mannan was murdered by extremist in his own apartment. He was slaughtered using machete infront of his mother.
Now since than none of the prominent Islam based parties in Bangladesh came out and protested against the killing. In this very forum, I once asked "Why arent any scholars speaking out against it? " , someone like minded like yourself answered that "it is not the job of Islam to protest even if killing is done in the name of the religion".

So option 3 is a part when it suits your agenda, but it is not a part when it doesn't.

Tigers_eye
October 17, 2017, 10:29 AM
...In this very forum, I once asked "Why arent any scholars speaking out against it? " , someone like minded like yourself answered that "it is not the job of Islam to protest even if killing is done in the name of the religion". That someone like minded of me is not "ME". That someone whoever it is, is/was wrong for him/her to say, "it is not the job of Islam" if he/she had said it (since you didn't quote).

Murder without a cause is always wrong in Islam. Everyone should protest it to their own capacity. Be it on non-believer, homosexual, or a Muslim.

So option 3 is a part when it suits your agenda, but it is not a part when it doesn't.This is so wrong in so many fronts. You are putting someone else's word on me. Please refrain from this. It doesn't affect me at all. :facepalm:

tonmoy.dhaka
October 17, 2017, 10:44 AM
That someone like minded of me is not "ME". That someone whoever it is, is/was wrong for him/her to say, "it is not the job of Islam" if he/she had said it (since you didn't quote).

Murder without a cause is always wrong in Islam. Everyone should protest it to their own capacity. Be it on non-believer, homosexual, or a Muslim.
This is so wrong in so many fronts. You are putting someone else's word on me. Please refrain from this. It doesn't affect me at all. :facepalm:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=18440&page=126
See post #3141

alias: MohammadShamim

"However, you only want to hear why scholars are not condemning the murder of atheist or Gay. Do you see scholars come to the media and condemn the innocent killing of children and humans around the world? why should only one rule apply where the condemnation applies for the murder of Gay and Atheist and not innocent children? The job of the scholars is not to show their face on media and come and support, their job is to follow what God has commanded and pass on the command to the people."

Anyways, in a country with 90% muslim, several prominent islam based parties and groups, surprisingly, no one uttered a word to condemn the killing of Xulhaz Mannan or any of the academics or bloggers that were murdered in the name of religion.

Actually there was the Sholakia huzur "fariduddin masud", who did speak out against it but guess what he has a bounty on his head now.

bujhee kom
October 17, 2017, 11:24 AM
Do you mean to say stay quite/silent? That would be against the belief/faith etc.

Assume, my friend committed a crime. I was with him. Let’s say, he killed someone. If I do not stop him, stay quite, do not report to the authority, am I punishable by law?
I think the answer would be yes? Because the murder is a crime and I didn’t do anything? Even though I saw what he did? But I would still be punished? Why?

The same applies here. The Gay thing is a sin in Islam, and it has its law. If I stay quite amongst that community, without warning them, leaving that place etc, would God punish me? I think the answer here would be yes? As I knew the law but decided to stay quite. As I knew what I had to do, but decided I won’t do them.

This issue has a lot to do with peoples faith and belief. I think we should respect that.

"I don’t know if this example sounds logical.
I think the answer would be yes? Because the murder is a crime and I didn’t do anything? Even though I saw what he did? But I would still be punished? Why? "

Yes, Sporting. There is absolutely ZERO logic in your above analogy, statement, comparison.

Being gay and being engaged in a same sex sexual act between two consenting 'adults' is NOT a CRIME. It should be NONE of anybody's business what two consenting adults do to express their physio/emotional love between them. They can wear all the leather, gag each other or whip as much as if they want (whether gay or straight). It is NONE of anyone else' business (Just like Jadukor says - Option 3: Mind your own damn business!)

Murdering someone, killing someone as an equivalence to some unknown (or known) stranger adults doing whatever they are doing in their privacy/lives is NOT the same. If your dear beloved father got murdered at the grocery store tomorrow by a robber and your neighbors' having sex in their privacy - which one will you say that would effect your life?
We use 'God's' rules, commands in a very limited, selective way as we please. God is much larger than that. God speaks and directs us of many many things regarding our spiritual self-search and self-reflection than chasing gay guys/gals with a bamboo or Sodom and Gomorrah reference.

Sex between two homo-sexual adults, let God judge that. While we should try to refrain from adultery extra-marital affair which causes heart-break to a fellow human made the God. We should refrain from violence which causes physical harm to a fellow man who is the God's creation. We should refrain form having sex with an under-aged person (child) because that child is in NO position to give consent to the act and has very little to zero power over the perpetrating adult (rapist). We should refrain from raping someone, because there was NO consent between the rapist and the victim!

Sporting, you are a Brit, and you live in England. If you know someone murdered someone else, it is your responsibility as a citizen of a society to report that to the law enforcement agency. If you dislike and are disturbed by the fact that your class-mates or neighbors are gay and decide to report that to the Police/Bobby/parliament, be my guest!

Stand up for child abuse, women abuse, animal abuse...stand up for and defend the weak (all of God's creations that cannot defend themselves or speak back) in the society. If a man raped a young boy or another man, report the rapist!

bujhee kom
October 17, 2017, 11:37 AM
Dear Mods,
Since the thread is about "gay" and "if your child or whoever is gay...what would you do??"
The key word here is 'Gay'...It is about sexuality, sexual orientation between humans, thus some clearly explicit wordings will be written and expressed here (by me). Like sodomy/anal sex and how God sees that.

If we are going to have the thread, the thread cannot be a simple sugar-coated one. If we are going to have an adult, intelligent, argument, conversation about sexuality of humans, we have to accept the reality of the sexual acts in here (trust me, I am not taking any pleasure writing these stuff). It is about sexuality and what bothers people about it, and about 'human' rights and social 'rights' . Absolutely we have to be respectful to our fellow man and be civil and I shall maintain my sense of decency.

I am just letting you guys know. You guys are great by the way.

iDumb
October 17, 2017, 11:39 AM
What if two consenting adult siblings start to have sex like the lannisters ..should their father gleefully walk them down the aisle also ...

Just throwing it out there ..

bujhee kom
October 17, 2017, 11:52 AM
Oh also, DiinRaat.
Comparing between homo-sexual act between two 'consenting' adults and having sexual act (thus eventually marriage) between a human and an animal (dog, as per your example) is absolutely nonsensical, completely child-like analogy. That argument has ZERO substance.

Again, key words here are sexual act (and having marital right) between 'two consenting adults'. One is NOT hurting the other and can think and make decision for themselves.
While a human having sex with or marrying a Dog- the 'Dog' or any other animal, for that matter, can not make that decision OR GIVE CONSENT to such act. The human is clearly over-powering/abusing the dog here and that is because the dog or a horse clearly submitted himself/herself to the human 'control'.

Yeah, let a man go try having sex with an adult Croc or a Siberian/Sumatran Tiger! That will be soemthing to write home about...not really 'a Dinner and a Movie' ....more like a 'a Date and a DInner' and won't take too long to figure out who is who!

SportingBD
October 17, 2017, 12:04 PM
"I don’t know if this example sounds logical.
I think the answer would be yes? Because the murder is a crime and I didn’t do anything? Even though I saw what he did? But I would still be punished? Why? "

Yes, Sporting. There is absolutely ZERO logic in your above analogy, statement, comparison.

Being gay and being engaged in a same sex sexual act between two consenting 'adults' is NOT a CRIME. It should be NONE of anybody's business what two consenting adults do to express their physio/emotional love between them. They can wear all the leather, gag each other or whip as much as if they want (whether gay or straight). It is NONE of anyone else' business (Just like Jadukor says - Option 3: Mind your own damn business!)

Murdering someone, killing someone as an equivalence to some unknown (or known) stranger adults doing whatever they are doing in their privacy/lives is NOT the same. If your dear beloved father got murdered at the grocery store tomorrow by a robber and your neighbors' having sex in their privacy - which one will you say that would effect your life?
We use 'God's' rules, commands in a very limited, selective way as we please. God is much larger than that. God speaks and directs us of many many things regarding our spiritual self-search and self-reflection than chasing gay guys/gals with a bamboo or Sodom and Gomorrah reference.

Sex between two homo-sexual adults, let God judge that. While we should try to refrain from adultery extra-marital affair which causes heart-break to a fellow human made the God. We should refrain from violence which causes physical harm to a fellow man who is the God's creation. We should refrain form having sex with an under-aged person (child) because that child is in NO position to give consent to the act and has very little to zero power over the perpetrating adult (rapist). We should refrain from raping someone, because there was NO consent between the rapist and the victim!

Sporting, you are a Brit, and you live in England. If you know someone murdered someone else, it is your responsibility as a citizen of a society to report that to the law enforcement agency. If you dislike and are disturbed by the fact that your class-mates or neighbors are gay and decide to report that to the Police/Bobby/parliament, be my guest!

Stand up for child abuse, women abuse, animal abuse...stand up for and defend the weak (all of God's creations that cannot defend themselves or speak back) in the society. If a man raped a young boy or another man, report the rapist!

They can do whatever they like/prefer. For a simple person like me, I would prefer not to be amongst a community of people that has a lot of gay people. I have simple understanding of Islam. I prefer to be safe than sorry. My fear comes from thinking what if I caught get in the cross fire when Gods punishment comes down. That’s why I prefer to stay away from this community. There are too many examples in the Quran, how Allah has destroyed communities for their sins, not only Homsexuqlity.. I like to remain amongst good/normal people. Nothing against the Gay people.

tonmoy.dhaka
October 17, 2017, 12:14 PM
They can do whatever they like/prefer. For a simple person like me, I would prefer not to be amongst a community of people that has a lot of gay people. I have simple understanding of Islam. I prefer to be safe than sorry. My fear comes from thinking what if I caught get in the cross fire when Gods punishment comes down. That’s why I prefer to stay away from this community. There are too many examples in the Quran, how Allah has destroyed communities for their sins, not only Homsexuqlity.. I like to remain amongst good/normal people. Nothing against the Gay people.

Just wondering where do u live? (not the address, just the country)?

tonmoy.dhaka
October 17, 2017, 12:23 PM
Oh also, DiinRaat.
Comparing between homo-sexual act between two 'consenting' adults and having sexual act (thus eventually marriage) between a human and an animal (dog, as per your example) is absolutely non-nonsensical, completely child-like analogy. That argument has ZERO substance.

Again, key words here are sexual act (and having marital right) between 'two consenting adults'. One is NOT hurting the other and can think and make decision for themselves.
While a human having sex with or marrying a Dog- the 'Dog' or any other animal, for that matter, can not make that decision OR GIVE CONSENT to such act. The human is clearly over-powering/abusing the dog here and that is because the dog or a horse clearly submitted himself/herself to the human 'control'.

Yeah, let a man go try having sex with an adult Croc or a Siberian/Sumatran Tiger! That will be soemthing to write home about...not really 'a Dinner and a Movie' ....more like a 'a Date and a DInner' and won't take too long to figure out who is who!

You are wasting your time.

They do not understand the word "Consent" or "love" or "Adults" or "Human Rights" . I am sure this is the same discrimination that the African Americans faced prior to civil rights movement.

adamnsu
October 17, 2017, 12:48 PM
When your own children or relatives are involved it’s your own business I think

mufi_02
October 17, 2017, 12:54 PM
You are wasting your time.

They do not understand the word "Consent" or "love" or "Adults" or "Human Rights" . I am sure this is the same discrimination that the African Americans faced prior to civil rights movement.

not even close. what African-Americans faced in US could not be compared to anything else.

they had their culture, custom, language, and entire identity robbed from them. while in US, they saw their parents being a slave, while a being a slave themselves as well, and knowing their child (which you are allowed coz it will only mean more slaves) will be slaves as well. just imagine yourself in that situation. post civil war, the jim crow era wasn't necessarily better either.

I acknowledge gay discrimination. but it is more of a personal struggle rather than a systemic discrimination that affects all aspects of your family (parents, kids) that the African-Americans went through.

We should empathize with gay struggle but we should not be hyperbolic coz then it loses credibility.

Yankees
October 17, 2017, 01:01 PM
Why? Because you did not listen to what God told you in regards to this. Hence, if you lived amongst that community/place, and you were struck by that punishment, you would be considered the same like them. Therefore, how can you complain against God? That he was unfair? When it was you who decided to mind your own business? By not caring about what your duty was as a believer? What God law is about this?

If you truly believe this, then why are you in the UK? Europe is the gayest-friendly place on the planet. Not to mention all the other haram consumption of alcohol, drugs, bacon, banks with interest rates.

Why do you draw the line on homosexuality but the rest is okay? Why don't you move if you truly believe what you wrote above? Seems hypocritical.

SportingBD
October 17, 2017, 01:06 PM
If you truly believe this, then why are you in the UK? Europe is the gayest-friendly place on the planet. Not to mention all the other haram consumption of alcohol, drugs, bacon, banks with interest rates.

Why do you draw the line on homosexuality but the rest is okay? Why don't you move if you truly believe what you wrote above? Seems hypocritical.

I live in a community where what you have stated is not too common. I mentioned about the community, not the country. My initial post mentions about community and place, not country as a whole. I am very lucky to be honest. The are different level of sins. Homosexuality falls in the major sin category. I have nothing against them, it's more about my belief and faith.

Yankees
October 17, 2017, 01:10 PM
I live in a community where what you have stated is not too common. I mentioned about the community, not the country. My initial post mentions about community and place, not country as a whole. I am very lucky to be honest. The are different level of sins. Homosexuality falls in the major sin category. I have nothing against them, it's more about my belief and faith.

So your community doesn't have banks? Your community members don't have mortgages on their homes?

Just FYI everyone, interests (speculation) is haram. But I'm willing to bet most of you have a bank account and mortgage. So when it benefits you, then it's ok? But if it doesn't, then you get to be all pious.

adamnsu
October 17, 2017, 01:22 PM

I think you have made your points clear. You try to be the best as you can. I don’t think you need to clarify yourself any further

tonmoy.dhaka
October 17, 2017, 01:23 PM
not even close. what African-Americans faced in US could not be compared to anything else.

they had their culture, custom, language, and entire identity robbed from them. while in US, they saw their parents being a slave, while a being a slave themselves as well, and knowing their child (which you are allowed coz it will only mean more slaves) will be slaves as well. just imagine yourself in that situation. post civil war, the jim crow era wasn't necessarily better either.

I acknowledge gay discrimination. but it is more of a personal struggle rather than a systemic discrimination that affects all aspects of your family (parents, kids) that the African-Americans went through.

We should empathize with gay struggle but we should not be hyperbolic coz then it loses credibility.

I was not actually referring to the times of Rev Martin Luther King and not prior or just post civil war.
I was not born at the time and I would be happy to be wrong with my assessment. My aim was never to over-emphasize and make it sound worse than it is.

That being said, in our society, if you come out of the closet than chances are that your family would disown you. You would be barred from places of worship (if you are lucky) and if you speak up for your right, you would be murdered. Your life will constantly be in danger.

SportingBD
October 17, 2017, 01:24 PM
So your community doesn't have banks? Your community members don't have mortgages on their homes?

Just FYI everyone, interests (speculation) is haram. But I'm willing to bet most of you have a bank account and mortgage. So when it benefits you, then it's ok? But if it doesn't, then you get to be all pious.

My family members, cousins at the year end send the interest money to charity. A lot of Muslim's here in UK are doing this. It has improved a lot. The issue here is lack of awareness. The community is doing a pretty good job here. The mortgage issue was really big couple of years ago, but now it's improved. Not many people these days are taking mortgages, the community I live in. But I still think this is a big issue and over time, it will improve. There is always awareness thing that is happening where I live, which is really good. There are problems, but people are working on them. To bring awareness of what is right/wrong according to our belief and faith etc, it's a good start. But, do remember, we respect everyone in the community irrespective of what religion/culture etc they come from.

mufi_02
October 17, 2017, 01:28 PM
ok on the topic itself -- I think this is a relevant and timely question. But I do not have any children yet and so I don't know how I will react.

is it choice or genetics?

There is no way to scientifically prove this. Unless genetic science identifies a certain gene and its trigger and primer. I am straight not by choice. I am straight and always had attraction for women. I never questioned myself why and how. It just naturally occurred to me as I reached puberty that I am attracted to woman. So I think being gay is similar to that. But I can't speak for them.

this brings us to the next point..

does natural inclination means it is right?

human beings are naturally inclined to many things. even on things that are sexual in nature, there is wide variety of kinks/fetishes or personal preferences. some people are aroused through sadistic/dominatrix styles. some are into couples and many more that I can't list due to PG restriction here. note that they are all between consenting adults. so is polygamy. on non sexual, a lot of human behaviors are also dictated by genes. so just because something is natural does not mean it is acceptable. I am not saying being gay isn't acceptable. just stating being natural doesn't equate to acceptable.

so what do I believe?

on a personal level, I do not discriminate against gay people. In fact, through my work, I volunteered and signed up against my local city mandate which allows businesses to refuse service to gay people. I was disturbed. Because I do not believe they should be discriminated because of their personal lives or whom they love.

with that being said, I do not agree with its practice. This is based on my personal faith.

so how do I reconcile the two?

we are all flawed. none of us are perfect. in my faith, this act is not allowed. but so isn't lying, cheating, corruption, taking advantage of others and so many other things. I am not the one to judge. if they are good person with a good heart in the eyes of Allah they who am I to judge them? I know plenty of people who prays and has marks on their forehead but still takes bribes and doesn't lost an opportunity to rob others.

sorry I had to write all that.

I won't escape gay community coz in the fear of crosshair of God. There are gays everywhere. If one need to escape "immoral acts" we should be more concerned about hypocrites, liars, murderers, cheaters in our society rather who loves whom.

in the end, I hope I will not be termed as a bigot and backward person just because I do not agree with the act. just like two consenting adults have the right to love who they want, so should some of us to not agree with the act.

tonmoy.dhaka
October 17, 2017, 01:35 PM
But, do remember, we respect everyone in the community irrespective of what religion/culture etc they come from.

Sorry but you don't.
You live as a separate society with in a society.
You failed to integrate with the British culture. I am sure you do not interact with Jewish people in your broader society, and your idea of "staying 1000 feet away for Gays" says a lot about your respect for people with a different sexual orientation.

mufi_02
October 17, 2017, 01:40 PM
I was not actually referring to the times of Rev Martin Luther King and not prior or just post civil war.
I was not born at the time and I would be happy to be wrong with my assessment. My aim was never to over-emphasize and make it sound worse than it is.

That being said, in our society, if you come out of the closet than chances are that your family would disown you. You would be barred from places of worship (if you are lucky) and if you speak up for your right, you would be murdered. Your life will constantly be in danger.

noted.

on paragraph 2, bro our society is deeply bigoted. my female cousin was disowned by my family coz she fell in love with my home tutor. he wasn't deemed worthy enough. only after 15 years and 2 kids, my family accepted her and it was only when her brother became sick with a terminal illness and wanted to see her.

there is absolutely no doubt that gay people suffers discrimination. in our society, many are not even aware that someone can be gay. I was having a casual conversation with my mother once and mentioned gay people. she said "do you mean hijra". I said no mom I mean "shomokami". She was confused and I obviously didn't get into the details of it coz it is super awkward with parents. But I realized it is alien concept to her.

people are always afraid and skeptical of things that are unknown to them. I didn't get any gay people until college. And never had a close friendship until my first job where my boss (who became sort of my mentor later on) was gay. so my idea and perception evolved through interaction.

bujhee kom
October 17, 2017, 01:44 PM
Great!
After being in this thread for too long, now I have all the Gay Dating Sites shwoing up on my screen as google ads.
That was not needed.

SportingBD
October 17, 2017, 01:45 PM
Sorry but you don't.
You live as a separate society with in a society.
You failed to integrate with the British culture. I am sure you do not interact with Jewish people in your broader society, and your idea of "staying 1000 feet away for Gays" says a lot about your respect for people with a different sexual orientation.

I work with a Gay person, who is the Company COO. One of the best guy in the company, we get along very well. Very helpful, very smart and too talented. He is an American that came to UK, has never returned back to USA. I think it has something to do with this Gay issue. There is this Jewish lady in our work place, amazing. We don't communicate often, as she is working on a different team. But when we have time, we always communicate. She is also an American. One of the kindest person I have met. Even though, I live in a majority Muslim community, most of my friends are British, English.

simon
October 17, 2017, 01:48 PM
I don't like mainstreaming homosexuality.
Like in many tv shows, music videos, movies having gay charecter seem to hv become a trend and mainstreaming gay-ness is not the right thing as it could brainwash kids/teens.
Just my personal opinion.

simon
October 17, 2017, 01:50 PM
Great!
After being in this thread for too long, now I have all the Gay Dating Sites shwoing up on my screen as google ads.
That was not needed.

bhalo hoise
Khushi hoisi
Uchit shikkha hoisey
😁

roman
October 17, 2017, 02:02 PM
ok on the topic itself -- I think this is a relevant and timely question. But I do not have any children yet and so I don't know how I will react.

is it choice or genetics?

There is no way to scientifically prove this. Unless genetic science identifies a certain gene and its trigger and primer. I am straight not by choice. I am straight and always had attraction for women. I never questioned myself why and how. It just naturally occurred to me as I reached puberty that I am attracted to woman. So I think being gay is similar to that. But I can't speak for them.

this brings us to the next point..

does natural inclination means it is right?

human beings are naturally inclined to many things. even on things that are sexual in nature, there is wide variety of kinks/fetishes or personal preferences. some people are aroused through sadistic/dominatrix styles. some are into couples and many more that I can't list due to PG restriction here. note that they are all between consenting adults. so is polygamy. on non sexual, a lot of human behaviors are also dictated by genes. so just because something is natural does not mean it is acceptable. I am not saying being gay isn't acceptable. just stating being natural doesn't equate to acceptable.

so what do I believe?

on a personal level, I do not discriminate against gay people. In fact, through my work, I volunteered and signed up against my local city mandate which allows businesses to refuse service to gay people. I was disturbed. Because I do not believe they should be discriminated because of their personal lives or whom they love.

with that being said, I do not agree with its practice. This is based on my personal faith.

so how do I reconcile the two?

we are all flawed. none of us are perfect. in my faith, this act is not allowed. but so isn't lying, cheating, corruption, taking advantage of others and so many other things. I am not the one to judge. if they are good person with a good heart in the eyes of Allah they who am I to judge them? I know plenty of people who prays and has marks on their forehead but still takes bribes and doesn't lost an opportunity to rob others.

sorry I had to write all that.

I won't escape gay community coz in the fear of crosshair of God. There are gays everywhere. If one need to escape "immoral acts" we should be more concerned about hypocrites, liars, murderers, cheaters in our society rather who loves whom.

in the end, I hope I will not be termed as a bigot and backward person just because I do not agree with the act. just like two consenting adults have the right to love who they want, so should some of us to not agree with the act.

Just the way I feel..Wonderfully written Mufi. :up:

Just do not understand why we have to flee in fear of God's wrath. We should not stay in foreign land then because gays are everywhere. Where do we go then? Back to Bangladesh? I can tell you this. There are many gay people in BD too. We just do not know about them because they are too afraid to come out of the closet and face social embargo. And we all know about those DhormoPran bokolom lunatics who are lurking around and will instantly cut off limbs without any hesitation once they do decide to come out. They are always in fear of getting labelled out.

I echo what brother Jadukor has said. Mind my own business and leave in peace. Oi betar cholon beka, oi beta arek betar shathe jay eshob na bhebe why not worry about us. Did we pray Fajr today? Did we pay zakat, did we feed someone today, Did we say nice things to our parents, Were we faithful to our wives, kind to our kids, neighbors. Was I a good human being today? We should worry about these first to be honest. And I am sure God's wrath will come to you if you are not a good human being. So be a good human first. And no..Hating a gay person or escaping a gay community does not make you a good human.

Having said all these, I do not know what I would do if my kids turn out to be gay. That would have been the ultimate hardship that I would have to go thru. Ya Allah, give me sabr and save me from hating anyone

bujhee kom
October 17, 2017, 02:09 PM
Great!
That was not needed.

bhalo hoise
Khushi hoisi
Uchit shikkha hoisey
😁

Perfect...Now I have 'Date a Beautiful Muslima' with hijab on google ads above and 'Best Gay Dating Sites' ads apprearing below the thread.
Kone dikey takabo ba jabo bujhey otha mushkil.

aklemalp
October 17, 2017, 02:13 PM
Current poll results:

http://i63.tinypic.com/adi8i9.png

bujhee kom
October 17, 2017, 02:13 PM
Just the way I feel..Wonderfully written Mufi. :up:

... Where do we go then? Back to Bangladesh? I can tell you this. There are many gay people in BD too.

Yes, Roman...Ei Satgaiya fua-der kothai dhoro na keno...
Let's just talk about Chittagong Bondor Shoshor...
Satgaiya fua - Tara kheley Jouben-er Jua, ari baap-re baap...Khub Shabdaan!

bujhee kom
October 17, 2017, 02:25 PM
Dear Tonmoy and dear Yankees,

About my dear SportingBD, I can say a few things. Both of you must have noticed and observed that Sporting is very humble and sincere in expressing his honest thoughts. That itself is an incredibly beautiful thing. I understand and know where Sporting is coming from - he is a man of faith and his moral values are based on those. I know one thing - SportingBD does not mean to hurt anyone or spread hate. He does not have that in him.

SportingBD
October 17, 2017, 02:31 PM
Dear Tonmoy and dear Yankees,

About my dear SportingBD, I can say a few things. Both of you must have noticed and observed that Sporting is very humble and sincere in expressing his honest thoughts. That itself is an incredibly beautiful thing. I understand and know where Sporting is coming from - he is a man of faith and his moral values are based on those. I know one thing - SportingBD does not mean to hurt anyone or spread hate. He does not have that in him.

Thank you. I hope no one takes my opinion as spreading hate or anything. :)
I just put forward my belief about this issue, and how I feel about it.

brockley
October 17, 2017, 05:27 PM
Its hard.
I have had gay and lesbian friends,some religious.
Theology is a hard thing.
Do you pick and take what you want from religion.
I want ppl to know christ,and thats anyone from any background I am not fussy.
But equally understand gay and lesbian ppl are their and they have needs.

I am not talking about the acctivists,I treat them the same as I do leftists and right extremeties.
I believe I am a fundamentalist and believe in the fundamentals of my belief,but believe ppl are ppl.
Gay and Lesbian ppl are just like you and me,want a house,a car,a partner,marriage,don't want 2 pat tax etc.
So its a difficult 1 from the perspective of 1 who has a faith.
But that said I am no perfect.

iDumb
October 17, 2017, 08:34 PM
noted.

, bro our society is deeply bigoted. my female cousin was disowned by my family coz she fell in love with my home tutor. he wasn't deemed worthy enough. only after 15 years and 2 kids, my family accepted her and it was only when her brother became sick with a terminal illness and wanted to see her.

I empathize with your khala/uncle . While I am glad the relationship worked out ..this was a breach of trust ...

A home tutor should not fall in love / reciprocate any of these feelings ..

If my guess is your girl cousin was a teenager at that time I would have tried my best to get the tutor in jail for breach of the trust ..

As a father your uncle allowed a guy to come to his house to teach his young daughter academics so she can pursue a career ..stand up for herself and experience a world that has much to offer .....

Perhaps they took the wrong approach but the betrayal caused is difficult to forget ... accepting the daughter is easy ...but having that M=;#:; =/;) tutor in his presence would be unbearable ..

My two cents ...

There is no such a thing as true love ...her life would have been perhaps Mich better of that guy didn't ruin it ...

Do not support nonsense .. end does not justify the means ... (appropriate quote ) ...

This is a serious violation what the tutor have done ..... I think your uncle was LENIENT ... if she was a teen ..she has zero Say in this matter .... that guy deserves some severe beating tbh

DinRaat.
October 17, 2017, 08:35 PM
I empathize with your khala/uncle . While I am glad the relationship worked out ..this was a breach of trust ...

A home tutor should not fall in love / reciprocate any of these feelings ..

If my guess is your girl cousin was a teenager at that time I would have tried my best to get the tutor on jail for breach of the trust ..

As a father your uncle allowed a guy to come to his house to teach his young daughter academics so she can pursue a career ..stand up for herself and experience a world that has much to offer .....

Perhaps they took the wrong approach but the betrayal caused is difficult to forget ... accepting the daughter is easy ...but having that M=;#:; =/;) tutor in his presence would be unbearable ..

My two cents ...

There is no such a thing as true love ...her life would have been perhaps Mich better of that guy didn't ruin it ...

Agreed. :up:

iDumb
October 17, 2017, 08:42 PM
Ok i read your quote.. u said "my tutor " .. I guess he wasn't her tutor ....
Still if I was the dad my reaction would be the same ... he is not worthy just yet

NoName
October 18, 2017, 11:19 AM
Some of you guys sound like God is going to smite your neighborhood Sodom/Gomorrah style because there are gays lol