PDA

View Full Version : My theory proven wrong - Bashar top scored but BD lost

fwullah
May 19, 2004, 11:48 PM
I had tried to develop this theory that when our captain top scores, then, only then, we win a match, any match, whether practice match or an International match.

Now I was proven wrong yesterday - Habibul Bashar top scored with a 42, but Bangladesh did not win the 3rd ODI.

abhs
May 20, 2004, 12:05 AM
Theory?

or Hypothesis?

or incidence?

or superstition?

or simply misinterpretation?

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by abhs]

Beamer
May 20, 2004, 12:11 AM
How does one victory against Zim where he top scored can be a part of any theory is beyond me! I might add also that Ashrafuls quick knock towards the end, probably was equally, if not more, important than shumons top score. We lost many many games where shumon was the top scorer. You must have missed all those games or simply not aware, or you simply must be joking when you said that you were proven wrong yesterday when he top scored and we lost. At least, I hope so.

fwullah
May 20, 2004, 01:03 AM
How does one victory against Zim where he top scored can be a part of any theory is beyond me! I might add also that Ashrafuls quick knock towards the end, probably was equally, if not more, important than shumons top score. We lost many many games where shumon was the top scorer. You must have missed all those games or simply not aware, or you simply must be joking when you said that you were proven wrong yesterday when he top scored and we lost. At least, I hope so.

I just wanted to predict a win - or tried to find out the reason behind Bashar's out of form; 1 of the facts that I saw was that Bashar top scored AS THE CAPTAIN and all, look - he top scored only in the 3rd ODI game against Zimbabwe, and then again in the 1st practice match in the West Indies, (in both cases BD won - under Bashar's captaincy) so I assumed that things would go like this - Bashar top scores and BD wins - if nothing else, just to blame :P Bashar for our losses.

But in reality, in yesterday's game, Bashar did everything that he possibly can, except for bowling himself, he even tried to take that excellent catch, although it may have been a little too late.

But I suppose I should blame the whole team's inconsistent nature for our loss yesterday - when we bowl well, we bat badly, and when we bat well, we bowl badly.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by fwullah]

SS
May 20, 2004, 05:41 AM
I am right that BD will loose
so I didn't have to change my name "looserSS"...instead these players are loosers...yesterday again if Bashar would have not batted we would have fall apart...on the other hand young WI players batted sensibly...neways gota wait ten years more to see BD batting improve.

Nascer
May 20, 2004, 06:37 AM
[Edited on 6-9-2004 by Nascer]

rafiq
May 20, 2004, 04:19 PM
Bashar may have given the game away in at least 2 ways: his inability to develop with his coach a better game plan for a 25 over match, especially after the poor showing in the rain reduced 2nd ODI. The lack of any thought in sending in hitters after the 20th over was the how we lost the game.

Bashar further lost the game when he brought back Sujon for the latter's 3rd over. This is after some very tight overs from the spinners and increasing frustration amongst the WI batsmen. Sujon got hit for 11. Bashar continued with Sujon and we bled more runs. He had a couple of spinners in Alok and Ashraful at his disposal but did not make use of them.

We've seen the team lose close games because there isn't much cricket sense or strategy displayed. So for all the progress, there needs to be a little more thought put into the finer aspects of the game plan.