PDA

View Full Version : Where is the fire?

Zunaid
May 20, 2004, 01:35 AM
Daily Star interview with Tapas:

TB: No, it never bothers me. As a matter of fact I don't want too much written about me because I think I'm an average person and I want to stay that way. I don't want to go down, nor do I wish to reach for the stars.

I wish he did want to reach for the stars. Is there no fire in his belly?

source (http://www.thedailystar.net/2004/05/20/d40520040237.htm)

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Zunaid]

WI2debone
May 20, 2004, 02:24 AM
You're so right, but I must admit his attitude when bowling suggests otherwise. He seems very very competitive, not representative of a guy who is content with the here and now, rather more like someone who wants to achieve much more.

James90
May 20, 2004, 06:35 AM
I can't believe they would pick Razzaq ahead of the best pacer in the country! Would they open the bowling with Mushfiqur and Sujon?

Nascer
May 20, 2004, 06:49 AM
[Edited on 6-9-2004 by Nascer]

SS
May 20, 2004, 06:49 AM
yea Mahmud and Musfiq will open the bowling to let Lara score 700...ridiculous
no batsmen in our team even can score 40+ runs...why they are playing test...just raised my expectations now seeing them loosing and playing this type of cricket just getting my nerve.

Ahmed_B
May 20, 2004, 06:53 AM
That is a very modest and matured coment.. nicely said..
yet he is improving every day and he is great too!
cheers for the nice man!
what he says doesnt mean he actually lacks the 'stomach' !

oracle
May 20, 2004, 07:05 AM
Yes, they ALL are modest. The only guys I got any smell of arrogance was Bashar and Rafique. No coincidence, but maybe 2 of our best players at the moment.:)

Zobair
May 20, 2004, 12:52 PM
He comes across as a very strong and mature character. Given his recent performance I would say that regardless of what he may be sayinf here, he has certain goals set and is working towards them.
The bit about Kapali is important too. His advise regarding what Kapali should be doing now is particularly impressive. I hope Kapali is listening.

AsifTheManRahman
May 20, 2004, 02:41 PM
Are they out of their blo**y minds?

reinausagi
May 20, 2004, 05:01 PM
Unlike, Sujon whose mouth was the most excercised part of his body!
LOL. That's a money shot right there.

I share everyone's concerns about the opening bowling pair. Is it set in stone?

Arnab
May 20, 2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by oracle
Yes, they ALL are modest. The only guys I got any smell of arrogance was Bashar and Rafique. No coincidence, but maybe 2 of our best players at the moment.:)

It's probably not coincidence. Winners always have confidence in their abilities, which most people will always equate with "arrogance." Who cares? Most people are losers anyway.

Manush Shingher Proshongsha Korey,
Kintu Mone Mone Asholey Gadhakey Pochondo Korey.

Zobair
May 20, 2004, 08:24 PM
Taposh's interview reminds me of Majid Khan (the Pakistani great). Many consider him one the finest batsmen of his generation. Yet he never ever made a big deal of his talent or achievements, and would constantly talk down his exploits and abilities.