PDA

View Full Version : Your bucket list.

iDumb
November 20, 2017, 07:16 AM
I think creating a bucket list is a good idea. What is it that you want to do (no matter how far fetched) and then look for the ones that's possible and just do it without over thinking it. Please share your bucket list. And visit time to time to write off the ones you have completed.

I will edit to add more and more on the list.

[]Learn to swim
[]Go to south african safari
[]Go to Mecca (hajj/umrah)
[] Watch a football world cup game in stadium
[]Watch BD cricket match in a Major tournament (ie WC)
[]Visit all 50 states of the United States
[]Go to disney land in China
[]Be a multi-millionaire
[]Live in an apartment with manhattan skyline view
[]Own multiple rental properties
[]Own a dhaka apt
[]own a business
[]Experience Zero Gravity
[]Have an affair.
[]Spend less time with family
[]increase experience "first time" through proxy - this is an unique experience i enjoy a lot - basically be the person next to someone else who is experiencing something first. for ex i was the first person with whom a die hard basketball fan friend watched a game live in msg, nephews first live soccer match, niece first live concert etc even though none were my first

Will cont to add more as i think more. there are tons but most involve travel so excluded for now to prevent repetition. Some of them will be somewhat hard to achieve specially within a short period of time... but i am looking at it.. and will just attempt the ones possible as soon as possible.
Will be thinking of some more simpler and cheaper list so they can be achieved.

2018 goal:
[]learn swim
[]world cup (failed tix first phase)
[]possibly mecca (unlikely if russia happens)
[] knock off couple of states from 50

if i can do two, i will be more than happy. 1 i will be ok. 0 loathe in self pity.

whats yours?

Zeeshan
November 20, 2017, 07:52 AM
[]Get laid.

bujhee kom
November 20, 2017, 09:35 AM
1. Install a Bidet in my restroom.
2. Have a new set of teeth implant.
3. Have hair implant.
4. Adopt 11 cats, 3 dogs, 4 nano salt water tanks and a small 8'X12'X8' aviary for maybe 6 verities of finches.
5. Grow 5000 more mid/large/small trees in 128 acres of land.
6. Raise/adopt 5-6 mountain goats and maybe a couple of cows.

iDumb
November 20, 2017, 09:41 AM
Install a Bidet in my restroom.

this is actually not a bad idea. Not sure if it should be in a bucket list but i think the practicality of it may warrant a necessity list. like fixing the boiler or a leaking roof.

Nice idea though.

bujhee kom
November 20, 2017, 10:23 AM
Orpheus, You are still learning to swim? Say what? You are Graam-Banglaar Damaal cheley, you should be swimming in the East River everyday with the floating corpses with zero problem.

Bhaiya, listen...putting a Bidet in an existing NYC restroom/toilet is a lot of hassle....Boiler repair, you would need inspection from the city, but from the inspection point of view, it is relatively simple.

Roof leak fixing, you do not need any pre-repair permit or post repair inspection.

The moment you are adding a plumbing fixture (in this case a bidet) in your existing pre-plumbing space, you need DOB approval, permit, plumbing re-lining, compliance with American Disability Act 1974 (post Vietnam war effect) - if a wheel chair would fit and turn 5 foot radius and you actually have to retro-fit the whole restroom because now you touched the can that has the worm, NYC green building compliance (gpm -gallon per minute you bidet will spit out water) match and go through each agency approval before you can demo that tiled bathroom floor and tweaking with the pipes in the wall.
It is a lot easier just to buy a bucket from the 'bucket list' at a dollar store and leave it in the toilet for the service. Or use a bodna or the bathtub.

iDumb
November 20, 2017, 10:43 AM
^LOL.. looks like you have researched it well. you are right.. if you put it up, it would be great and satisfying and i stand corrected.. definitely a great bucket list...

no i support your bidet dream .. not bodna dream.

And I am ashamed to say i do not know how to swim. It prevented me from enjoyi9ng a lot of things in life when i am out visiting a place or so. I also almost drowned... once forcefully by cousins in bangladesh because i didnt know how to swim.. another time in the beach.. went a bit to far in... but got lucky as this guy was quick to catch me when i yelled for him..

i juust have lot of problem controlling my breathing when learning to swim... thnking of taking professional help nexxt year.

aklemalp
November 20, 2017, 11:02 AM
I really want to visit the Mojave Desert where they film that scene, Oozymandias in Breaking Bad.

Also, wanna go skiing in Aspen, Colorado. ..Dumb and Dumber inspired

bujhee kom
November 20, 2017, 11:21 AM
^LOL.. looks like you have researched it well. you are right.. if you put it up, it would be great and satisfying and i stand corrected.. definitely a great bucket list...

no i support your bidet dream .. not bodna dream.

And I am ashamed to say i do not know how to swim. It prevented me from enjoyi9ng a lot of things in life when i am out visiting a place or so. I also almost drowned... once forcefully by cousins in bangladesh because i didnt know how to swim.. another time in the beach.. went a bit to far in... but got lucky as this guy was quick to catch me when i yelled for him..

i juust have lot of problem controlling my breathing when learning to swim... thnking of taking professional help nexxt year.

No no, my dearest Orpheus, don't be silly, no shame in not knowing how to swim. My mother in-law does not know how to swim until today, a lot of adults never swam or do not know how to. Some just never had the opportunity to be close to water, like yourself who grew up in nyc.
You can get membership at the Chelsea health and recreation ...they have an Olympic length, 12 rows competition pool...and as member they will give you swimming lesson by good, patient instructors.

You are a doctor/scientist...you know better than most of us here...our body is designed to float. It's the fear that stiffens us, then we panic, drown and take water in our lungs.
Please try go to a lake upstate and be around other people and tell them that you are trying and learning, they will go out of their way to spot you, help you float. Man, a lot of girls, ladies will hold you and help you stay on the surface. Knowing you, you will probably pretend to drown and grab them ladies inappropriately. Then will go, Oohh sorry Auntie, I thought floating device!

But try shallow water and let your bod relax and try to keep it straight and horizontal to the surface of the water. The moment you will see you are floating, you will be so thrilled, you will staring straight ahead at the sun, floating cloud, flying ducks and the blue blue sky. You have to face up and keep your face above the water, I know Orphy, it is easier said than done. Also, you have to keep your hands moving below the top surface of the water kind of like a bird when they fly.

Once you can do that, your fear of water will go away and you will embrace the water. and you soon will become a swimmer. It is very good for your health and heart and whole body muscle.

Roy_1
November 20, 2017, 11:50 AM
Visit the ruins of Mayan and Aztec temples

A month long trip to Europe

Hangout with Kohli

A trip to Congo to catch a glimpse of a mountain Gorilla up close

Complete that kickboxing crash course that I was too lazy to finish earlier this year.

Get a pet husky

Would love to have a pet tarantula or a bull frog but that seems not possible atm.

Own a hummer

Spend a night alone in some haunted house to overcome my fear of darkness

Visit BD including a trip to Sundarbans on that side of the border.

Eat healthy for a month without any cheat meals in between.

A pilgrimage to Kailash Mansorovar

bench press 300+ pounds without support

Take Alexandra Daddario out on a date.

PS: The last one is a combo of my wet dreams and wishful thinking, rest are very much doable.

Zeeshan
November 20, 2017, 11:58 AM

Hangout with Kohli

Complete that kickboxing crash course that I was too lazy to finish earlier this year.

Get a pet husky

Own a hummer

PS: The last one is a combo of my wet dreams and wishful thinking, rest are very much doable.

But does Kohli want to hangout with you? :down:

Zeeshan
November 20, 2017, 11:58 AM
Jokes aside. Really nice list Roy. Very diverse and different.

Roy_1
November 20, 2017, 12:06 PM
But does Kohli want to hangout with you? :down:

I can be really persuasive:D:D

bujhee kom
November 20, 2017, 12:31 PM
To eat Kacha Mangsho like Buno Jongli Poshu.

bujhee kom
November 20, 2017, 01:23 PM
Bucket List number 10
Majey majey arekta Biye kortey koob iccha hoi...
kub sokh achey kitoo hamar, abar sanai bajbey, pagri bhi bandhibo, Palki bhi chorbo, Atoor bhi makhibo, Shaali + Sasoori- der sathey bosia Rongo-Tamasha koribo...
kintoo kora jebey kina jani naa...
Tonmoy mone hoi amakey arekta biye kortey dibey naa...+ koun abbu taar meye-ke hamar kachey sokhey poira biya dibey?

SportingBD
November 20, 2017, 01:30 PM
Bucket List number 10
Majey majey arekta Biye kortey koob iccha hoi...
kub sokh achey kitoo hamar, abar sanai bajbey, pagri bhi bandhibo, Palki bhi chorbo, Atoor bhi makhibo, Shaali + Sasoori- der sathey bosia Rongo-Tamasha koribo...
kintoo kora jebey kina jani naa...
Tonmoy mone hoi amakey arekta biye kortey dibey naa...+ koun abbu taar meye-ke hamar kachey sokhey poira biya dibey?

Oh God. This is funny :floor:

iDumb
November 20, 2017, 02:34 PM
I think we should make two lists
Bucket list and then fantasy list .

Aim is to fulfill each one from bucket list as fast as possible ...before u old or dead ..

Fantasy list ..good mental exercise but doesn't really matter of it happens ..Fantasy also has good feeling embedded in it ...

If I am.to exercise only one of my fantasy ..the repercussions from that will prevent me from ever achieving majority from bucket ..

We should all aspire to create a list for the duration our lifetime and try to achieve close to a 50percent rate ....at least 30 to 40 percent

Roy_1
November 21, 2017, 04:36 AM
^^^ I am actually real close to fulfill a couple of them from my list, a few of them may sound a little far fetched atm but definitely achievable, only one is fantasy though, pure and unadulterated fantasy :D

Roy_1
November 21, 2017, 04:46 AM

There is nothing to be ashamed off, growing up in urban environment we tend to miss out on a lot of things, but we could still catch up if we want to. The swimming club that I go to is mostly frequented by guys in their mid 30s or early 40s, most of them learned it there. Swimming is quite easy actually, kinda like riding bicycle, once you learn it it stays with you forever.

DinRaat.
November 21, 2017, 07:30 AM

Hangout with Kohli

Get a pet husky

Would love to have a pet tarantula or a bull frog but that seems not possible atm.

Own a hummer

Breaking down constantly, must be a thing you love, or did you want a hummer based on the fact that it is a chick magnet.

Roy_1
November 21, 2017, 11:12 AM
Breaking down constantly, must be a thing you love, or did you want a hummer based on the fact that it is a chick magnet.

My uncle bought one recently, drove it for almost an entire weekend, never heard or experienced anything like this so far, performance of a car often boils down to individual maintenance, hard to express an opinion until I actually own and maintain one.

I have a thing for big muscular trucks and SUV type cars, if I wanted a chick magnet would have aimed for something more expensive or fancy, I am a poor guy, my ambitions are limited :D

iDumb
November 21, 2017, 11:34 AM
Hummer is not a chick magnet ... it's a guy magnet ... u pick up other guys with it ..to go play wrestling

aklemalp
November 21, 2017, 11:36 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c0/cf/56/c0cf560e5c2fd4839c493a4c68db5494.jpg

Roy_1
November 21, 2017, 12:01 PM
Hummer is not a chick magnet ... it's a guy magnet ... u pick up other guys with it ..to go play wrestling

Couldn't agree more, guy magnet he he :D

iDumb
November 21, 2017, 03:30 PM
[] drive uber for a day . Have been wanting to do it long time

SportingBD
November 21, 2017, 03:44 PM
[Be able to visit Palestine, the land of the burial place of many holy Prophets].

But the problem is as time goes by, it will get more difficult to visit that place.

It's not easy to visit that holy place unless God has written in your fate.

Please make dua for me, that one day I could visit this holy land.

DinRaat.
November 21, 2017, 05:54 PM
My uncle bought one recently, drove it for almost an entire weekend, never heard or experienced anything like this so far, performance of a car often boils down to individual maintenance, hard to express an opinion until I actually own and maintain one.

I have a thing for big muscular trucks and SUV type cars, if I wanted a chick magnet would have aimed for something more expensive or fancy, I am a poor guy, my ambitions are limited :D

Good luck on parts though, Hummers are no longer made. At-least you get a free shotgun with every Hummer sold.