PDA

View Full Version : BD TOP Order Batsmen must play big innings

crazyisland
May 21, 2004, 09:31 AM
I am expecting BD will win 1 test. However it will all depends on our top order batsmen. I am very confident that our bowlers will keep WI within 300/350 per innings range max but WI batting most likely to collapse (will score less than 200) against our bowling at least 1 inning per test.

BD yet to find two solid openers. Our openers always put us on the back foot from the get go. We need to find two openers of Yaseer Hamid or Sehwag quality.

Few batsmen I am counting on who are ready to play at test level :

Bashar
Rajin
Mushfiq
K Mashud
Rana
Faisal

However they all need to raise the bar at least 2 notches and plan for big innings. 40/50 runs will not cut it. They need to plan to play to make around 100/150 . You may argue how can you judge Faisal from only 1 game. I think what impressed me is his attitude towards the game. He seems to like to be in the driving seat while batting.
That the kind of attitude we need - not to be intimidated. Faisal definitely needs to be included. He showed the right attitude that is needed at the international level.

Rajin, Rana, Faisal should get themselves out of this losing circle of the BD team and play for themselves. They need to compete with players like Laxman, Ponting or Kallis.

Sarkar, Shahriar and Ash - all has the skill but they are lacking the drive and mental planning to be the best in the world class environment.

Kapali is out of form for too long.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by crazyisland]

Huda
May 23, 2004, 10:33 AM
Good points, we can achieve very good openign partnerships, as shown in pakistan, etc, but then our batting collapes we need a couple of middle order batsmen who can hold the innings.

rikiniki
May 23, 2004, 02:15 PM
r*** c*** !!!! allyuh must be dreaming.....check de score today nah, against ah second xi....hahahahaha!!!!

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by nasif : Moderation]

rassel
May 23, 2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by rikiniki
r**** c*** !!!! allyuh must be dreaming.....check de score today nah, against ah second xi....hahahahaha!!!!

forget about the score, nobody gives a s#!t! i was just checking on you about the incident with arnab! everything cool!

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by rassel]

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by nasif : Quote Edit]

rikiniki
May 23, 2004, 02:22 PM
me & arnab???? what was that, if something happened, i cant remember. IT PROBABLY WAS NOT IMPORTANT.

remind me anyhow.

rassel
May 23, 2004, 02:24 PM
me & arnab???? what was that, if something happened, i cant remember. IT PROBABLY WAS NOT IMPORTANT.

remind me anyhow.

my bad! i thought you and mittyfan on the same page! both you stop posting since then:-/

just read mittyfan topic in banglacrickt

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by rassel]

rikiniki
May 23, 2004, 02:26 PM
must be mattyfan though...

he really is a nice guy, and has alot of cricket knowledge. he just likes to tease that's all, and these guys here are thinskinned.

rassel
May 23, 2004, 02:30 PM

he really is a nice guy, and has alot of cricket knowledge. he just likes to tease that's all, and these guys here are thinskinned.

With all those cricket knowledge; he shouldn't have made that comment!
anyway everything cool now! let's go back to the game.

Arnab
May 23, 2004, 02:43 PM

Even if he has knowledge, he sure as hell doesn't show any of it here. And he just doesn't "like to tease", his sole purpose here is to tease, or more clearly, to troll. He will get his a$$ banned if he doesn't wise up.

fab
May 23, 2004, 06:28 PM
You may argue how can you judge Faisal from only 1 game. I think what impressed me is his attitude towards the game. He seems to like to be in the driving seat while batting.
That the kind of attitude we need - not to be intimidated. Faisal definitely needs to be included. He showed the right attitude that is needed at the international level.
Many of us thought that of Kapali and Rajin Saleh too..

reinausagi
May 23, 2004, 08:39 PM
r*** c*** !!!! allyuh must be dreaming.....check de score today nah, against ah second xi....hahahahaha!!!!

What the dickens does all that garbage mean? I thought the posting rules specified that posts must be in English or Bangla. This is neither. This seems to be some cheap coconut rum induced, regressed pre-kinder gibberish.

crazyisland
June 3, 2004, 08:38 AM
Second Test - I would have had Javed and Faisal open.

crazyisland
June 3, 2004, 08:38 AM
Second Test - I would have had Javed and Faisal open.