PDA

View Full Version : Holidays TV binge

Tigers_eye
December 24, 2017, 09:06 PM
NBA?
College Football?

How about (USA - Channel) Thor > Marvel's The avengers > Journey 2 > Las Vegas > Ocean's thirteen > Psych: The Movie

(A & E) - Armageddon > repeat

Or Disney movies?

Tigers_eye
December 24, 2017, 09:19 PM
Channel Bounce - The preachers wife > The Hurricane > Roots

aklemalp
December 24, 2017, 09:57 PM
Going over to the grandparents' later in the day...but, Netflix and beer during the day, with some egg-nog added in for good measure.

I have the Story of Maths documentary to complete...I think watching it whilst a little inebriated will make for some transcendence...

After coming back from the grandparents... I will be watching the Boxing day test...

One World
December 24, 2017, 10:08 PM
I had Steve Jobs prerecorded , also watched Ocean’s Eleven and Terminator in parts. Planning to rent Dunkirk tomorrow and also watch Jack Reaper (pre recorded). It is messy outside and will be another snowstorm tomorrow. Perfect days to become a couch potato.

aklemalp
December 24, 2017, 10:17 PM
I had Steve Jobs prerecorded

The one with the guy who is not Ashton Kutcher?

One World
December 24, 2017, 10:18 PM
The one with the guy who is not Ashton Kutcher?

Yeah, the Kutcher film was named Jobs, watched that earlier.

aklemalp
December 24, 2017, 10:20 PM
For those who will be couch potatoes, it is important to get up and stretch the back muscles...don't wannna get backache in the middle of the night and asking wife to massage ur back

One World
December 24, 2017, 10:29 PM
For those who will be couch potatoes, it is important to get up and stretch the back muscles...don't wannna get backache in the middle of the night and asking wife to massage ur back

I do not see any problem with asking may be perhaps still do the stretching and pretend to have it.

One World
December 24, 2017, 11:20 PM
Now listening to Radio Foorti.

brockley
December 25, 2017, 03:35 AM
Just news and Frazier here.No cricket tomorrow as at my sister's.

aklemalp
December 25, 2017, 03:46 AM
I do not see any problem with asking may be perhaps still do the stretching and pretend to have it.

Prevention is better than the cure/remedy/panacea/therapy.

DinRaat.
December 25, 2017, 03:51 AM
Lol, I am hyped up to hear the Queens Christmas message. When will that old hag die.

aklemalp
December 25, 2017, 03:54 AM
Lol, I am hyped up to hear the Queens Christmas message. When will that old hag die.

Okay then...

Are you secretly Prince Charles?

DinRaat.
December 25, 2017, 03:56 AM
Okay then...

Are you secretly Prince Charles?

No, monarchies are so outdated, can't wait to hear the news though. Dictatorships are the new monarchies.

brockley
December 25, 2017, 04:13 AM
No boxing day test for me,the first two days anyway.

aklemalp
December 25, 2017, 11:34 AM
Turns out the 1st thing I'm watching today is snowboarding...

One World
December 25, 2017, 11:57 PM
Oh Dunkirk, just mindblowing

aklemalp
December 26, 2017, 06:59 PM
Idk, but somehow I saved Shindler's List in my watch list on Netflix.

Finally watched it today. I can't even imagine human beings doing things like that to their fellow human beings.

It was very dark for me, but I watched all 3+ hours

One World
December 26, 2017, 10:25 PM
^nicely orchestrated movie on holocaust or Shaoah. I am watching Frost/Nixon in HBO, so far going good.

aklemalp
December 27, 2017, 04:42 PM
Ohhh Dinner for Shmucks is so hilarious :D

Tigers_eye
December 29, 2017, 03:27 PM
Next few days....College Football will be my obsession. :)

Roy_1
December 29, 2017, 04:06 PM
Anyone seen Vikings? An awesome show for bingeing, and unlike GOT or TWD this actually gets better with every season. Seeing Vikings bitch-slapping the English, albeit on TV, gives me pleasure.

aklemalp
December 29, 2017, 04:14 PM
^^^ not yet

Roy_1
December 29, 2017, 04:26 PM
^^^ not yet

Watch this man, if you loved GOT you would love this one too, the guy who played the lead did an awesome job, Vikings historically were one of the most fearsome warriors along with Mongols, I mean you need something more than just fighting prowess to make the English, Franks and other Germanic tribes sh**g bricks yet till date we know very little about them.

Roy_1
December 29, 2017, 04:29 PM
^^^Lo and behold "The Great Heathen Army"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9QwcOwhbGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4MCgMaU1Dw

Zeeshan
December 29, 2017, 05:54 PM
I stopped watching these movies half-way or even after 10 minutes:

1. atomic blondie
2. mouontain between us
3. sniper 1973... lol don't ask didnt even start it.. 2.99 wasted on u'tube
4. family man butler

LOVED... ABSOLUTELY LOVED "ugly truth"... Kingsmen Golden Circle was okaish... theater movie..

Zeeshan
December 29, 2017, 05:55 PM
Now listening to Radio Foorti.

Sorry....

Zeeshan
December 29, 2017, 05:56 PM
Wanted to go binging on Blacklist on Amazon but sheesh man they charge like 2.99 per episode.

Kung-fu jackie chan.... s--- loads on Youtube for free are always a good choice. Also binging on bodybuilding vids on utube... kinda a new area for me

and also olympic footages

Roy_1
December 29, 2017, 06:27 PM
Kung-fu jackie chan.... s--- loads on Youtube for free are always a good choice. Also binging on bodybuilding vids on utube...

I do that too, just don't take any supplements without checking with your dietitian, many of those channels are actually more BS than substance. Pumping Iron till date is the best body-building related video that I have seen. Pure, brutally intense and no-nonsense. I absolutely loathe todays body builders though, bunch of mutant muscle trucks with stomachs the size of disco balls, way too much chemicals and zero aesthetics.

Zeeshan
December 29, 2017, 06:52 PM
I do that too, just don't take any supplements without checking with your dietitian, many of those channels are actually more BS than substance. Pumping Iron till date is the best body-building related video that I have seen. Pure, brutally intense and no-nonsense. I absolutely loathe todays body builders though, bunch of mutant muscle trucks with stomachs the size of disco balls, way too much chemicals and zero aesthetics.

Yeah. Just found out about PI three days ago. Still looking for the original. Really cool video. Arnold really revolutionized body building. He is a genius. Personally, I am not into plastic type six greasy oily synthetic six packs and oversized bodies. But the truth of the matter is if you wanna develop your body, might as well learn from the best. Take what you can use, and discard the rest.

aklemalp
December 29, 2017, 07:12 PM
On the other hand, I was looking for a Jackie Chan movie titled Dragons Forever. I looked all over the internet for it.

Turns out it is on Amazon Prime for $116!

Roy_1
December 29, 2017, 07:29 PM
Turns out it is on Amazon Prime for $116!

It is around 7,400 in Indian rupees.

I wouldn't watch a jackie chan (I mean all kinds of dragon-Shaolin-Kungpao sh*t) movie even if someone agrees to pay me for it let alone me paying. You are too generous bro.:D

aklemalp
December 29, 2017, 07:31 PM
It is around 7,400 in Indian rupees.

Now I wouldn't watch a jackie chan movie even if someone agrees to pay me for it let alone me paying. You are too generous bro.:D

We had that movie in VHS. Then couldn't find it on DVD. ...now technology has moved past it.

Roy_1
December 29, 2017, 07:39 PM
We had that movie in VHS. Then couldn't find it on DVD. ...now technology has moved past it.

Was just messing with you man. I am personally a big fan of Korean and Japanese thriller movies, just can't tolerate Chinese ones.

Zeeshan
December 29, 2017, 08:55 PM
They are all the same.

Zeeshan
December 29, 2017, 08:56 PM
Oh please. Now someone gonna accuse me of racism.

aklemalp
December 29, 2017, 08:57 PM
Oh please. Now someone gonna accuse me of racism.

Calm down...no one's judging u

Zeeshan
December 29, 2017, 09:09 PM
Calm down...no one's judging u

https://i.imgur.com/2iMo6U5.gif

aklemalp
December 30, 2017, 08:45 AM
^^ okay, Happy Gilmore

aklemalp
December 30, 2017, 01:38 PM
Ross from Friends is one ugly dude.

Zeeshan
December 30, 2017, 01:41 PM
LOL!!! ^^^

So is Benedict Cumbersome... it's the personality that counts yo.. and the way you carry yourself.. like Akram.. :p

simon
December 30, 2017, 01:51 PM
can someone suggest me some good comedy shows, old school comedy shows, I'm a big fan of Two & a half man but I never quite liked BigBT or HowIMYM

Tigers_eye
December 30, 2017, 01:58 PM
can someone suggest me some good comedy shows, old school comedy shows, I'm a big fan of Two & a half man but I never quite liked BigBT or HowIMYMIt is time for you to see God must be crazy - part 1 first then the 2.

aklemalp
December 30, 2017, 02:05 PM
LOL!!! ^^^

So is Benedict Cumbersome... it's the personality that counts yo.. and the way you carry yourself.. like Akram.. :p

Yeah, lots of gals love guys like that until they get knocked up

aklemalp
December 30, 2017, 02:21 PM
Ohhh Margaret and Hawkeye, what a great couple they were :)

aklemalp
December 30, 2017, 08:47 PM
Also, saw a fair bit of Grumpy Old Man before I got off work.

Man, ice fishing in Minnesota. That's gotta find a way in my bucketlist

Roy_1
December 30, 2017, 09:00 PM
What!! Ross and Sherlock are ugly!! I seriously need what you guys are smoking, must be some fine sh*t.

aklemalp
December 30, 2017, 11:32 PM
What!! Ross and Sherlock are ugly!! I seriously need what you guys are smoking, must be some fine sh*t.

No, I meant grotesque.

Tigers_eye
December 30, 2017, 11:33 PM
Dragon Ball Super all episodes. CN

aklemalp
December 30, 2017, 11:41 PM
^^ I have never really gotten into that show.

On the other hand, caught a fair amount of M*A*S*H episodes today on WGN. I am in love with that show. So many colorful characters. I have been watching this show now for a good while ...actually got introduced to it by one of my co-workers who is from that era television.

One World
December 31, 2017, 01:57 AM
can someone suggest me some good comedy shows, old school comedy shows, I'm a big fan of Two & a half man but I never quite liked BigBT or HowIMYM

R

Curb Your Enthusiasm
SMILF

Roy_1
December 31, 2017, 03:14 AM

With lough track:

1. Friends
2. Frasier
3. Sienfield

Without lough tracks/Mockumentary:

1. Modern Family
2. The office
3, Parks and Recreation
4. Arrested Development
5. Community

Zeeshan
January 18, 2018, 05:30 PM
Was on Fight Quest binge a while ago...

adamnsu
January 18, 2018, 05:39 PM
Watching Blackish and Fresh off the boat. Both are decent and share the core concept of ethnic family highlighting the stereotype

Zeeshan
January 20, 2018, 02:45 PM
Also on Olympic channel binge sometimes on Youtube.

Jadukor
February 4, 2018, 09:11 AM
Started watching Altered Carbon on Netflix. Great show so far

Zeeshan
November 2, 2018, 08:40 AM
Interesting concept to focus on tribal village culinary arts of Bangladesh.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGd7mqedIlFp-_35fZj-aZC4kc18x6W-C