Fidget Spinners.

aklemalp
December 25, 2017, 04:01 AM
Fidget Spinners.

Those are two words. I suggest you use a hyphen to make it one word

DinRaat.
December 25, 2017, 04:02 AM
Those are two words. I suggest you use a hyphen to make it one word

Yea I just realised. But seriously, how can we summarise 2017 in one word. It was such a bad year.

DinRaat.
December 25, 2017, 04:02 AM
For me I guess. I guess its relative to the individual.

aklemalp
December 25, 2017, 04:05 AM
Melodramatic

ReZ_1
December 25, 2017, 04:09 AM
__Bubble__

Everything bubbled up... ready to burst at any moment... Some are expectations from hard work while others are consequences of laziness...

iDumb
December 25, 2017, 04:09 AM
World : Trumped up!!!
Personal : increased responsibility

2017 I realized majority of people are incompetent be it your friends family outside world and has no desire to improve. You have to do it yourself to get anything done right .

Sense of entitlement people have is beyond anything I have experienced in my previous years

DinRaat.
December 25, 2017, 04:17 AM
World : Trumped up!!!
Personal : increased responsibility

2017 I realized majority of people are incompetent be it your friends family outside world and has no desire to improve. You have to do it yourself to get anything done right .

Sense of entitlement people have is beyond anything I have experienced in my previous years

1. Why did you have kids, or is it because you got more richer :) As Spoderman said, "With great power comes great responsibility.

2. It's only gonna get worse every year, I feel sorry for the current generations, they are exposed to all the saturated crap on YouTube and TV, everything is dumbed down to feed to the public.

I remember a time, you could browse the web, without seeing some obnoxious vlogs of a selfish and entitled pricks. It's only gonna get worse, materialism is on the rise. 2017, was not that interesting to be honest, 2015-2016 were better.

DinRaat.
December 25, 2017, 04:17 AM
Year of SJW and feminists Feminazis.

aklemalp
December 25, 2017, 04:20 AM
Peter's uncle said those words to Peter

DinRaat.
December 25, 2017, 04:24 AM
Peter's uncle said those words to Peter

What's his name again? Uncle Sam?

Shingara
December 25, 2017, 06:47 AM
Disastrous

Roy_1
December 25, 2017, 12:54 PM
"Motamuti"

I had highs and lows this year, it has been a little tough emotionally and faced some relationship issues, on the other hand got good grades last semester and now eligible to appear for campus drives for pretty much all the companies that are coming next year.

aklemalp
December 25, 2017, 01:28 PM
^^What the hell is that word?

One World
December 25, 2017, 01:42 PM

He evened out :)

aklemalp
December 25, 2017, 01:43 PM
He evened out :)

Oh, like neutral?

I don't get the gist of it.

Jadukor
December 25, 2017, 01:46 PM
Growth......

Rifat
December 25, 2017, 03:10 PM

¿hablas Español amigo? that's the Bangla equivalent of "asi-asi" or so-so...

Roy_1
December 25, 2017, 04:09 PM

My year so far is neither so good nor so bad, just okay. My highs and lows they cancel each other out pretty much what OneWorld and Rifat dada said.

aklemalp
December 25, 2017, 04:29 PM

Ja, senor Rifat. I got it now. :)

My year so far is neither so good nor so bad, just okay. My highs and lows they cancel each other out pretty much what OneWorld and Rifat dada said.

Well, it's not that bad to be at the same place where you were at the start of the year. But you did say that you are closer to gettting a job or somewhat in that frame.

Good luk with dat

Night_wolf
December 25, 2017, 08:57 PM

a fat guy and a fat girl

One World
December 26, 2017, 12:02 AM
a fat guy and a fat girl

You remind me that joke,

3rd person: কেমন আছেন?
Husband: মোটামুটি আছি দুজনে
Wife (angrily): নিজেকে মোটা বলছ বল, আমাকে মুটি বললে কোন্ সাহসে!?

Yankees
December 26, 2017, 01:35 AM
"Motamuti"

I had highs and lows this year, it has been a little tough emotionally and faced some relationship issues, on the other hand got good grades last semester and now eligible to appear for campus drives for pretty much all the companies that are coming next year.

Can you explain that. Is it university policy to only let top students talk to companies?

Yankees
December 26, 2017, 01:38 AM

Whats this asi-asi? The spanish equivalent is mas-o-menos.

BengaliPagol
December 26, 2017, 03:52 AM
Taskin-Ahmed

Roy_1
December 26, 2017, 10:30 AM
"Motamuti"

Can you explain that. Is it university policy to only let top students talk to companies?

Well from what I have seen it is basically up to the companies coming to recruit from the campus, university or the college has no say in it. Companies like IBM, CIsco etc allows only top students from every department to appear for the interview while TCS CTS or Wipro aren't that strict. It also depends on the reputation of your college/University, for example that same IBM will be happy to take the IITans with the lowest of grades as all the top IIT students will be grabbed by the likes of Google, Intel or Facebook. Being an average student studying in a private college I would be extremely happy like "Dancing under the Moonlight naked" happy if I get into Cisco or Ericsson through on Campus recruitment. When the campus drive is over around 35%-40% students of our college will still be jobless and have to search for jobs on their own and I don't wanna be one of them.

bujhee kom
December 26, 2017, 10:39 AM
Fabulous

Yankees
December 26, 2017, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=Yankees;2037678]

Well from what I have seen it is basically up to the companies coming to recruit from the campus, university or the college has no say in it. Companies like IBM, CIsco etc allows only top students from every department to appear for the interview while TCS CTS or Wipro aren't that strict. It also depends on the reputation of your college/University, for example that same IBM will be happy to take the IITans with the lowest of grades as all the top IIT students will be grabbed by the likes of Google, Intel or Facebook. Being an average student studying in a private college I would be extremely happy like "Dancing under the Moonlight naked" happy if I get into Cisco or Ericsson through on Campus recruitment. When the campus drive is over around 35%-40% students of our college will still be jobless and have to search for jobs on their own and I don't wanna be one of them.

absolutely brutal. Based on the companies, looks like you are also an engineering major like the majority of desi students. Good luck - the experience can only make you tougher for the business world. It's almost spartan like, survival of the fittest. No wonder Indians are CEOs of some of the biggest tech companies.

One World
December 26, 2017, 03:59 PM
^ Believe it or not I often receive job offers from top cities of India. I always wondered how it would be to work in one of those branches of top MNC's there. Good luck Roy. Sounds like Rovers-er Roy, the cartoon footballer of AnandaMela :)

Yankees
December 26, 2017, 05:30 PM
^ Believe it or not I often receive job offers from top cities of India. I always wondered how it would be to work in one of those branches of top MNC's there. Good luck Roy. Sounds like Rovers-er Roy, the cartoon footballer of AnandaMela :)

That's interesting. Are you in IT or finance related field? I've had experience of managing and working with teams based out of India (but I've never to India). The experience is hit or miss. The third party vendors suck to work with - companies similar to wipro, globeop. The employees treat it as a stepping stone so they aren't as dedicated and won't stay a second over their time commitment. I don't blame them, but add that to the timezone difference, and its a pain in the a$$. Turnover is also very high, as most move on to better pay asap. So good luck having some semblance of continuity.

aklemalp
December 26, 2017, 05:32 PM
I need better hangover remedies

One World
December 26, 2017, 06:50 PM
Are you in IT or finance related field?

You can say both, I work with integration, architectural modeling and project management with software which handles company finance, human resources and supply chain.

DinRaat.
December 27, 2017, 08:01 PM
You can say both, I work with integration, architectural modeling and project management with software which handles company finance, human resources and supply chain.

Must pay, handsomely too. :up:

bujhee kom
December 28, 2017, 10:24 AM
Chomotkar!

Tigers_eye
December 28, 2017, 10:30 AM
Sadness.

Roy_1
December 28, 2017, 11:06 AM
^ Believe it or not I often receive job offers from top cities of India. I always wondered how it would be to work in one of those branches of top MNC's there.

You are always welcome sirji, I am sure you will enjoy working here in India, Tech-parks infrawise are as first world as they come with hordes of foreigners everywhere, you will enjoy even more due to cultural similarities.

bujhee kom
December 28, 2017, 11:30 AM
Dollar$

aklemalp
December 28, 2017, 11:44 AM
Perseverance

iDumb
December 28, 2017, 07:53 PM
Too much family time
Too much vacation

I need to do opposite of what most ppl want to do ...

Zeeshan
December 29, 2017, 10:46 AM
Grab'em by the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!