PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lanka to tour Bangladesh

chinaman
May 21, 2004, 04:06 PM
Wisden Cricinfo staff
May 21, 2004

Sri Lanka will play three one-day internationals and two Test matches in Bangladesh during a three-week tour later this year, the Bangladesh Cricket Board confirmed this week. It will be Sri Lanka's first full tour of Bangladesh and will include a Test each in Dhaka and Chittagong.

The tour marks the start of a stretch of overseas tours with a visit to New Zealand in December/January and then to Pakistan in February/March. The next home series is against the West Indies in July 2005 when Sri Lanka have also invited India to play in a ODI triangular.

Schedule

Nov 10: 1st ODI (D/N) at Dhaka Nov 11: 2nd ODI (D/N) at Dhaka Nov 14: 3rd ODI at Chittagong Nov 18-22: 1st Test at Chittagong Nov 25-29: 2nd Test at Dhaka

Cricinfo >> (http://plus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/MAY/151216_SL_21MAY2004.html)

Zephaniah
May 21, 2004, 06:04 PM
What abour Zimbabwe? Aren't they coming in january as scheduled?

crickipagol
May 21, 2004, 11:25 PM
If Zim's survive their test status by then. The way it is going, they are in serious trouble.

But we missed a great opportunity with them.

fwullah
May 22, 2004, 12:00 AM
I don't get it - the thing that is going on in Zimbabwe - it can happen to anybody, to any test nation. Remember that most of the Indian star performers were in a row with the ICC over the sponsorships just before the last world cup? It was good for everybody's sake that the Indian board at the time could resolve the issue with their players.

Zimbabwe's case is just the opposite - they couldn't resolve their disputes with their players - that is all.

About the Sri Lanka tour - I hope we can win our maiden ODI match at home.

Tehsin
May 22, 2004, 12:36 AM
I think you will find the issue in Zimbabwe a little more colorfull then the ones faced in india.