PDA

View Full Version : The Lamb Chop Thread

adamnsu
January 19, 2018, 05:12 AM
I really enjoy my lamb chops, but to get the perfect lamb chop is quite difficult. Bangladeshi restaraunts dont get it quite right. Usually I think you can get it at Chap stores like Kader Chap but they are quite burned despite being tasty.

Pakistanis tend to make the best lamb chops IMO.

In London IMO the best Lamb Chops I have had in Needos. People would pledge Tayeebs around the corner, but I prefer Needos a bit more. Despite the Needos chef being an ex employee of the later.

I regularly have lamb chops at Dishoom which are garnished with pomegranate seeds , but the cuisine being Zoroastrian, it is not good as Needos.

Shingara
January 19, 2018, 09:10 AM
I don't like it. It's just a bit of meat with fat on a piece of bone.

One World
January 19, 2018, 12:35 PM
I can't stand the smell, I love mutton :)

Tigers_eye
January 19, 2018, 02:56 PM
Accha, Dhaka'tey Chap'er gosh (w/ bones) pawo jeto agey. Oi gula ki Lamb na Patha? Very tasty.

mufi_02
January 19, 2018, 02:59 PM
lamb meat is awesome. very juicy.

but there is a distinct smell in Mediterranean or arab style lamp chops. it is because of castration. bichi kata bhera te gondho ashe nah. bichi thakle smell ta ashe. don't ask how I know but I just do! I love myself a bichi wala bhera.

Zeeshan
January 19, 2018, 03:01 PM
why does every thread turn so disgusting

bujhee kom
January 20, 2018, 09:31 AM
lamb meat is awesome. very juicy.

but there is a distinct smell in Mediterranean or arab style lamp chops. it is because of castration. bichi kata bhera te gondho ashe nah. bichi thakle smell ta ashe. don't ask how I know but I just do! I love myself a bichi wala bhera.

In MoghBazaar neighborhood in Dhaka, at Shahi Kabab Palace (now defunct) in the late 70's, I ate Mera split bitchi kabap - half charcoal and half wood grilled. My dad and I used to eat them with nan rotis. My mom wouldn't and we would get chicken Tikka - super hot and the naas were very good. I liked the goat/Mera (sheep) split nut fried or grilled, they were also cheaper than the chops, I remember. But on high demands.

My dad and I also ate split bitchi grills at Kosaituli, Old Dhaka. After my elder sister died in 1980, me and me dad used to spend a lot of time together and he would take me to Narinda, Tara Masjid area, by Kasaituli Shah-Saheeb house after visiting Shah-saheeb and recieving Agar-batti and Para-pani in Old Dhaka - he woudl buy me to these places and we would eat super hot kababs and roti. A lot of times sheep/goat grilled split nuts.

http://i4m032imkie3gak4u536h719-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/sheep-testicles-kebabs.jpg

Upon request, I can provide further details, proven split nuts dish recipes from Dhaka, Karachi, Delhi, Persian, Isphahani and Afghan photographs and method of prep.

I know these are not chops, but still and integral part of the elements taken form the animal to use in cuisine with similar effect in our region - from Dhaka to Ankara/Istanbul and in Sarajevo too.