PDA

View Full Version : Mint SIM (US mobile carrier)

epitaph
January 28, 2018, 03:38 AM
$15/mo for 2gb LTE, unlimited talk+text
$20/mo for 5gb, $25 for 10gb

No contracts

Uses T-Mobile network

Have to buy in bulk...like 3 months of prepaid service for $45 aka $15/mo. Wholesale is how they're able to offer you a good price.

Have read decent reviews so far.

The best mobile service provider right now in terms of bang for the buck?

Night_wolf
January 28, 2018, 03:51 AM
I thought they invented a new sim even smaller than nano!

epitaph
January 28, 2018, 03:56 AM
This just seems amazing compared to the absurd prices the big 4 charge. Hope this isn't too good to be true.

What are the prices like for cellular and cable services in the UK and down under? As absurd as in Murica, cheap and sensible like in BD, or somewhere in between?

Night_wolf
January 28, 2018, 04:07 AM
I used Virgin in melboune. was really cheap for me

adamnsu
January 28, 2018, 09:00 AM
I will focus on mid leve range for UK

Prepaid : after you top up you need to select a bundle. So for £10 you are looking at 500 minutes and 3gb data

Post paid: You pay £9 to £10 pm and you get 1000 to 1500 minutes and 3gb to 5gb data. Normally it’s 12 month contract but recently there have been one month contracts introduced.

Overall I think uk has become reasonable in terms of mobile costs in past few years. However customer loyalty and retention has gone down very much too.

Although for some operators you might not get full 4g service.

Not all networks are very good in terms of internet coverage and especially 4g but covers major cities and towns and some mobile providers piggy bank off other main operators. The better ones like o2 you have to pay a bit more.

I went for o2 because of perks you get.1 Free coffe from a barista every week, free snack treat from time to time, have got free t shirts and mobile cases and much more.