PDA

View Full Version : Created a forum as backup

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 03:14 AM
While the forum was down i realized how helpless we were. That there was hardly anything that i could do to get the site up and running. I was able to reach a few through facebook and finally Nasif bhai was alerted and was able to fix things.

I had an idea meanwhile to create a forum for times like this. It is in the link below. I am thinking when the forum goes down we can all continue discussing over there. Check it out.

http://bangla-cricket-fans.freeforums.net/

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 03:42 AM
I had the worst withdrawal syndrome ever since crack. F--- you.

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 03:42 AM
And I like how Jadukor is taking over in command. F-- you man.

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 03:46 AM
Somebody has to think of a solution and it isnt gonna be Z bhai

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 03:48 AM
Btw...I was kinda gonna write it there. But writing it here for more politically correct oriented humans...

THAT FORUM IS G*Y!!!!

Night_wolf
February 3, 2018, 03:49 AM
Next time we all should just move on that forum and forget about this once glorious place

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 03:50 AM
Nothing wrong with that lol. It is the default skin. I am not good with this stuff. Need tonoy to have a look as admin. Thanks for joining NW. Check out the admin panel.. looks pretty good!

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 03:52 AM
Hey just curious guys,

Which one would be our permanent forum? Cuz this pimpjuice aint gonna waste his time scatterin energy...

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 03:54 AM
Next time we all should just move on that forum and forget about this once glorious place

That actually sounds fantastic. I am all about turning over new leaf. Kinda like Riyad's captaincy.

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 03:54 AM
BC is our home. But if it burns down we go there. So stop being a homophobe and join up on that gay looking forum as well.

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 03:56 AM
I did. ^^

It has more members than the Test audience. lol

Night_wolf
February 3, 2018, 03:56 AM
Admin panel looks great. I wish BC had something like this. we could add badges for members. this things aren't much but new unique things attract new members

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 03:59 AM
In the coming months Myself and perhaps a few volunteers could set this backup forum up with banners, sections etc. We will see how it goes. I am done playing one of the helpless Sisters in a haunted orphanage in BC. We eventually need a place where there will be enough administrators to keep it running properly.

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 04:02 AM
I did. ^^

It has more members than the Test audience. lol

great!!!:up:

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 04:11 AM
Zee are you Omega? I created a community manager role. If you are interested it is yours.

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 04:12 AM
Zee are you Omega? I created a community manager role. If you are interested it is yours.

You do realize how myspace and google plus turned out to?

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 04:13 AM
And yes I am. And I dont yet know why tf my o got decapitalized...

that sounds kinky and gross

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 04:14 AM
You do realize how myspace and google plus turned out to?

I do. I dont have any investments in this other than the shared love and passion for cricket and our tigers

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 04:14 AM
And yes I am. And I dont yet know why tf my o got decapitalized...

that sounds kinky and gross

These things can be fixed there lol

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 04:19 AM
Joking aside, I REALLY LOVE the push notification system.

That sounds kinky and gross.

Night_wolf
February 3, 2018, 04:21 AM
I love your gmail handle Zee!. You could have had that username!. would have been a badass username

DinRaat.
February 3, 2018, 04:23 AM
Joking aside, I REALLY LOVE the push notification system.

That sounds kinky and gross.

No it doesn't

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 04:30 AM
Thanks NW.

No it doesn't

I am like Anti-Shamim. EVERYTHING sounds gross to me.

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 04:35 AM
What do you think about idumb as peace counselor?
He might sell all his stocks and move into a forest after losing a game to Sportingbd. Which is a good time to make the offer

DinRaat.
February 3, 2018, 04:52 AM
What we need is a Bangla cricket app. I would do it, but I am too busy with important stuff.

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 04:55 AM
What we need is a Bangla cricket app. I would do it, but I am too busy with important stuff.

Join up.. and get busy with more important stuff there too

SportingBD
February 3, 2018, 05:20 AM
WHY CAN'T WE MOVE TO THE NEW FORUM PERMENENTLY???

The new forum looks very nice and the outlook easy???

If it has similar features like BC, why not move there?

SportingBD
February 3, 2018, 05:23 AM
I was thinking the forum will sink.. when Aklemalp and other members was loading the match thread with pictures after pictures... I am sure the size of those pictures were big..

SportingBD
February 3, 2018, 05:25 AM
I can ask all the members in the BC WhatsApp Group to join the new forum..

If I decision to move permentantly is made.

Perhaps a better name for the website also?

Night_wolf
February 3, 2018, 05:30 AM
WHO IS STOPPING YOU????????

no one is making any decision, everyone is allowed to post which ever forum they like.

SportingBD
February 3, 2018, 05:38 AM
WHO IS STOPPING YOU????????

no one is making any decision, everyone is allowed to post which ever forum they like.

Someone has to make a decision from the seniors if we are permanently moving there or not?

Night_wolf
February 3, 2018, 05:41 AM
What?

What is a senior and junior here?

SportingBD
February 3, 2018, 05:41 AM
What?

What is a senior and junior here?

Seniors = Mods/Admins? do they not have to make a decision if we move to the new forum?

Night_wolf
February 3, 2018, 05:45 AM
No, mods and admins dont have to make a decision here because these two forums can not be merged . its not like our house burnt down and we need to pack up our bags and move. If members here like that forum better and start to post there often eventually that will become the new place for BD fans.

at this moment that forum is a Back up forum if BC crashes.

I like the idea of a better name by the way. Bangla Cricket Fans sounds like a cheap copy of India Cricket Fans

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 06:19 AM
WHY CAN'T WE MOVE TO THE NEW FORUM PERMENENTLY???

The new forum looks very nice and the outlook easy???

If it has similar features like BC, why not move there?

To answer your question. That forum is created on a free creation tool and i dont know the pros and cons just yet. Smart thing to do is just to have an account there and continue here in BC.

SportingBD
February 3, 2018, 06:29 AM
To answer your question. That forum is created on a free creation tool and i dont know the pros and cons just yet. Smart thing to do is just to have an account there and continue here in BC.

I think the best thing to do is everyone to bookmark/add to favourites that website.
It's not easy to remember (I don't think we will find it in Google search).

Like if BC goes down, it will be hard to find that forum. Best Bookmark/add to favourite

I will join soon IA.

SportingBD
February 3, 2018, 06:39 AM
I have just joined the forum, very easy and simple registration process.

Hopefully BC doesn't crash anymore.

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 06:39 AM
Yes exactly. We will try to have it appear in google and yahoo searches.

aklemalp
February 3, 2018, 07:17 AM
I posted more in Windies cricket forum. ..and posted here also.

aklemalp
February 3, 2018, 07:18 AM
I was thinking the forum will sink.. when Aklemalp and other members was loading the match thread with pictures after pictures... I am sure the size of those pictures were big..

Yo, ma man.

The forum was perfect when we posted those pictures.

I've observed that the forum started malfunctioning when the countdown clock hit zero.

I was on at the time posting in the match thread....

DinRaat.
February 3, 2018, 07:26 AM
We have so many I.T based engineers here who have graduated. I know it's asking a lot but can't we give them partial ownership.

DinRaat.
February 3, 2018, 07:27 AM
I do. I dont have any investments in this other than the shared love and passion for cricket and our tigers

That will get you more far than money. :up:

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 07:34 AM
We have so many I.T based engineers here who have graduated. I know it's asking a lot but can't we give them partial ownership.

Think of it as a vacation property that u can go to from time to time. Few others and myself will invest some time and keep it smooth and running. If people actually show interest i will invest real money of my own and buy all the plug ins and fancy features and take that forum to the next level. For now this is just a backup for BC, which is our real home

SportingBD
February 3, 2018, 07:51 AM
Think of it as a vacation property that u can go to from time to time. Few others and myself will invest some time and keep it smooth and running. If people actually show interest i will invest real money of my own and buy all the plug ins and fancy features and take that forum to the next level. For now this is just a backup for BC, which is our real home

When the cricket forum went down, we’re discussing in the BC Whatsapp Group about a new cricket website/forum.

This is what I wrote on that Group:

“Like we formed a company by investing X amount each. Let’s say £100-£150 each (can reduce the value if more members interested). That would be 20 members (as an example, could be 100 members) times £150, Total capital invested £3000. Than we use that money to start a cricket website/forum, hire Journalist from Bangladesh. Get the website running. Earn money from advertisements etc and share the profit amongst the (investors/shareholders)”

If you plan to do something like this in future, please do let me know :)

aklemalp
February 3, 2018, 07:55 AM
So, only a handful of us was posting....

Technically, the forum wasn't down. It just got slower. I felt as if I was traveling at close to the speed of light. Time slowed down.

Einstein's special theory of relativity

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 08:05 AM
3000 pounds is a lot of money. I dont think domain registration and getting a website up and running will take more than a few hundred dollars. But i would rather have this discussion the next time BC goes down. Meanwhile just bookmark your vacation home and register :-)

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 08:06 AM
So, only a handful of us was posting....

Technically, the forum wasn't down. It just got slower. I felt as if I was traveling at close to the speed of light. Time slowed down.

Einstein's special theory of relativity

Thats interesting. I couldnt access the forum at all

Night_wolf
February 3, 2018, 08:08 AM
its better to register in that forum and continue discussion there

DinRaat.
February 3, 2018, 08:16 AM
Time is on our side, I like this place, If situation does not improve I can fork over 50-100 dollars per month to Donate

aklemalp
February 3, 2018, 08:19 AM
Thats interesting. I couldnt access the forum at all

Well, maybe you were not as patient as I was.

DinRaat.
February 3, 2018, 08:20 AM
Thanks for taking the initiative though Jad.

tonoy
February 3, 2018, 08:27 AM
Hopefully it was just a server issue from the hosting place. It didn't look like admins wouldve been able to do much aside from changing host.

SportingBD
February 3, 2018, 08:28 AM
3000 pounds is a lot of money. I dont think domain registration and getting a website up and running will take more than a few hundred dollars. But i would rather have this discussion the next time BC goes down. Meanwhile just bookmark your vacation home and register :-)

If the cost is £1000 or less that is even better!
Would mean 20 members have to only contribute £50 each.

Let’s see if BC goes down again. We can talk about it on the other forum.

Roy_1
February 3, 2018, 09:29 AM
Terrific idea, I like this back up /disaster recovery initiative, and really good to see this forum is up and running again.

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 10:28 AM
Terrific idea, I like this back up /disaster recovery initiative, and really good to see this forum is up and running again.
don't forget to register and bookmark the link. Seems hard to find at this point via google

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 10:47 AM
14 USD a year to get a domain registration.. easy peasy

mufi_02
February 3, 2018, 10:50 AM
14 USD a year to get a domain registration.. easy peasy

What does our resident financial gurus say? I only invest/pay whatever they say.

aklemalp
February 3, 2018, 10:50 AM
I will never leave BC for some other version of it.

No knockoffs!

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 10:54 AM
What does our resident financial gurus say? I only invest/pay whatever they say.

No investment will be necessary. I got this

SportingBD
February 3, 2018, 10:59 AM

Awesome :up:

What shall be the name? members can recommend here?

I will start of.

CricketBangla.com?

BDeshicricket.Com?

Tigersforum.Com?

Night_wolf
February 3, 2018, 10:59 AM

No knockoffs!

lol no one is leaving BC, as long BC is standing it'll always be our home. this is just back up

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 11:00 AM

No knockoffs!
:up: I don't want you to leave anything. I welcome you there when this site is not accessible. However the man of patience that you are.. it gonna take more than a server crash to keep you out. So I guess you are right.

Night_wolf
February 3, 2018, 11:08 AM

will the site let you use a domain?. I mean it is under freeforums.net. you are using a sub domain of freeforums.net. you are currently using their IP. if you get a new domain name and want to host that domain will freeforum.net let you move their site?

aklemalp
February 3, 2018, 11:17 AM
:up: I don't want you to leave anything. I welcome you there when this site is not accessible. However the man of patience that you are.. it gonna take more than a server crash to keep you out. So I guess you are right.

I have windies cricket forum as my backup.

Spitfire_x86
February 3, 2018, 12:30 PM
If the problem is our server admins not having enough time to spend on site maintenance, can we encourage them to migrate the forum to a managed version of vBulletin? vBulletin Cloud (https://www.vbulletin.com/en/vbulletin-cloud) doesn't seem so expensive, and it shouldn't be difficult preserve data as we won't be changing the forum software. In case something goes wrong, regular moderators/admins would be able to get in touch with vBulletin support to resolve the issues.

IMO, that would be much more preferable than forking the forum into "regular" and "backup" sites.

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 12:33 PM
will the site let you use a domain?. I mean it is under freeforums.net. you are using a sub domain of freeforums.net. you are currently using their IP. if you get a new domain name and want to host that domain will freeforum.net let you move their site?
Yes they do. U can check in the upgrade option.

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 12:33 PM
I have windies cricket forum as my backup.

No worries:up:

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 12:34 PM
If the problem is our server admins not having enough time to spend on site maintenance, can we encourage them to migrate the forum to a managed version of vBulletin? vBulletin Cloud (https://www.vbulletin.com/en/vbulletin-cloud) doesn't seem so expensive, and it shouldn't be difficult preserve data as we won't be changing the forum software. In case something goes wrong, regular moderators/admins would be able to get in touch with vBulletin support to resolve the issues.

IMO, that would be much more preferable than forking the forum into "regular" and "backup" sites.
This is being discussed now. Lets see

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 01:28 PM
Aklemasop hyssop tea is right...

It was just slow. Jadukor is a noob. Purai noob ekta. LOL! Every year Nasif does his back up thingy since server gets full.. ei bosor hoy nai r ki.

er jonno ekke bare emergency mode windows f8 safe modey jawar...ami kisui dekhi na.. jottoshob :P

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 01:30 PM
amar money hoy jadukori egula koraise... chokro ase... jadukor take over korar jonnoi nije eigula korse.. ami to boli staff badge handover korte...

Tausif
February 3, 2018, 01:59 PM
I joined! Nice to have a backup forum in place just in case this goes down again.

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 02:03 PM
amar money hoy jadukori egula koraise... chokro ase... jadukor take over korar jonnoi nije eigula korse.. ami to boli staff badge handover korte...

shob dosh hocche omega naamer ak kutil member er.. shei e amakey eishob ku buddhi disey. Prothome BC.. tarpor cricinfo er por world domination

tonoy
February 3, 2018, 02:17 PM
It wasnt a server issue guys. It was just an external api(scorecard on the forum front page) that crashed which caused the site to keep fetching the data that wasnt there and choking the server. We should all thank Nasif for figuring it out quickly.

aklemalp
February 3, 2018, 02:19 PM
It wasnt a server issue guys. It was just an external api(scorecard on the forum front page) that crashed which caused the site to keep fetching the data that wasnt there and choking the server. We should all thank Nasif for figuring it out quickly.
I knew it.

There is that countdown clock. When it got to zero, that was the moment the forum tripped.

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 02:54 PM
Thanks Nasif.

Now here are some 100 more pages for you to decode.

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 02:55 PM
This thread should be sticky imo to encourage more signups.

Dekhi kar jadu beshi... which forum catches fire... jewel ice mandrake indrojal comix er naki tehsin er

Yankees
February 3, 2018, 04:56 PM
Looks like jadukor has gone rogue. Created the ICL of Banglacricket and now wants to poach all the top players.

Zeeshan
February 3, 2018, 05:03 PM
icl happened BEFORE you joined bc bro....you are not supposed to know this...hmm

Jadukor
February 3, 2018, 09:54 PM
Looks like jadukor has gone rogue. Created the ICL of Banglacricket and now wants to poach all the top players.

I thought forum crashed but infact it was just slow:lol::facepalm:

al Furqaan
February 4, 2018, 05:22 PM
The forum has literally only crashed once in the 14 years ive been here. Unless we are expecting the Russians to hack in having a backup is prolly not necessary.

bujhee kom
February 5, 2018, 12:54 PM
Thank you, Jadu da!

Tausif
February 5, 2018, 01:09 PM
The forum has literally only crashed once in the 14 years ive been here. Unless we are expecting the Russians to hack in having a backup is prolly not necessary.

Nah man there have been a couple times it has crashed ever since I've been here. The last crash almost erased 6 months or so worth of data and accounts created within that time period.