PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1

crickipagol
May 23, 2004, 05:47 AM
Does anyone here follows Formula 1?

The race at Monaco about to start in an hour. Schumacher's win will make him the new world record setting driver, 6th champion in a row.

Go schumi!

:great:

James90
May 23, 2004, 06:12 AM
As much as i would like Schumacher to break the record i doubt he will...starting 4th on the grid with 2 Renaults infront of him whom have incredible launch off the line. It's impossible to pass at Monaco so it's all up to Ross Braun and the pit crew

crickipagol
May 23, 2004, 07:06 AM
Last race was also pit crew magic, and schumi's speeding technic while in and out of the pit lane. Otherwise, trulli gave him a real scare.

reverse_swing
May 23, 2004, 08:28 AM
after Lap 46(Total 77 Lap):

Ferrari's Michael Schumacher damages his left front wheel and is out of the race.

Schumacher appears to have locked up behind the safety car in the tunnel and is hit from behind by Juan Pablo Montoya's Williams.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by reverse_swing]

crickipagol
May 23, 2004, 10:22 AM
It was absolutely Montoya's fault. He should not have even been there, his position was supposed to be 5th. I wouldn't be surprised, if he had done it intentionally to ruin Schumi's Record run. Schumi was so unlucky. The guy was completely devasted, after the incidence.

Ban Montoya!

:mad:

Zephaniah
May 23, 2004, 06:29 PM
Could a Formula One race be held around London's streets?

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, unhappy with Silverstone as a venue for the British Grand Prix, has refused to rule out switching the race to the capital.

On the face of it, it seems a crazy idea. The average speed of traffic in central London is three miles an hour - hardly the basis for a thrilling battle between the finest drivers on the planet.

But think about the notion a little more, and it suddenly starts to seem possible - in theory at least.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40180000/gif/_40180591_f1_route1_416.gif

Let's put on hold the very real possibility that this is merely Ecclestone continuing to put the squeeze on the British Racing Drivers' Club, which owns the track at Silverstone.

If you can stage a Grand Prix around the narrow streets of Monte Carlo, why not London?

26 miles of London's roads are closed every Sunday in April for the marathon. On the basis that each lap of the Monaco GP is only 2.09 miles long, a London GP would require a far smaller area to be cordoned off than the marathon.

In terms of the route, the race would require a combination of long fast straights, tight technical turns and a stream of famous landmarks to underline its unique status.

THE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS
Would Bernie swap his helicopter for the Tube?
Would drivers be fined for using the bus lane?
Would drivers have to pay the congestion charge?
Could any of the cars beat an illegal mini-cab off the lights?

What better place for the starting-grid than the Trafalgar Square end of the Mall, with the cars screaming down towards Buckingham Palace in the first few moments of the race?

Diving right at the Queen's official residence (would Elizabeth swap Corgis for cornering for the afternoon?) the route would follow Constitution Hill to Hyde Park Corner, see the cars go left around the roundabout and then up Park Lane - within a stone's throw of motor-racing legend Stirling Moss' Mayfair home.

At Marble Arch the cars would have to follow the existing flow round to the left, in a turn as tight as the Loews Turn at Monaco, before diving into top gear for the long straight down past the department stores of Bond Street to Oxford Circus.

Barrelling down Regent's Street, the route would ease round the statue of Eros in the centre of Piccadilly Circus and then chase up Shaftesbury Avenue to Cambridge Circus.

A tight right-hander takes the drivers down Charing Cross Road, past Leicester Square and back into Trafalgar Square, where they sizzle round Nelson's Column before exiting through Admiralty Arch and back into the Mall.

Sure, there would be issues with narrow roads and a bumpy surface - but those are exactly the factors that make Monaco such a special test of drivers' skills.

Where would the teams set up their garages? The smart answer is King's Cross, seeing that the area has been the pits for years already.

But in terms of our starting-grid, you would have to go for Horse Guards Parade or St James' Park.

So that's that - a piece of cake, if you ignore the enormous issues of the fantastical cost, the serious safety concerns and the horrendous problems of seating and transporting hundreds of thousands of spectators..

Source : BBC

Zephaniah
May 24, 2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by crickipagol
It was absolutely Montoya's fault. He should not have even been there, his position was supposed to be 5th. I wouldn't be surprised, if he had done it intentionally to ruin Schumi's Record run. Schumi was so unlucky. The guy was completely devasted, after the incidence.

Ban Montoya!

:mad:

Watch out for Ralf Schumacher

crickipagol
May 25, 2004, 12:13 AM
I believe Ralf will be joining a new team next year. He signed a $24mil contract already. but I forgot the name of the team.

I feel pity for Raikonen, he was so competitive last year. And this year nothing but engine troubles.

James90
May 25, 2004, 07:07 AM
That soooo wasn't Montoya's fault. He's entitled to be in whatever position he wants! Remember how dark it is in the tunnel! I can understand Michael warming his breaks but it wasn't the place to do it and Montoya could do anything about it! I believe Ralf's still looking for a seat next year. Whose gonna drive for Williams next year? Button said it best, "I'm not going anywhere if we keep performing how we have been". Mark Webber is almost guaranteed a seat at Williams but who will be alongside him?

EngWIndian
May 25, 2004, 02:38 PM
I watched it !

shame so many crashed, their problem anyhow,

and well done to my man Jenson! win the next won for us!

Huda
May 26, 2004, 12:00 AM
i watch F1, and this montoya seems like a dirty driver, he always seems to have problems. He blamed schumacher a couple of races ago, for takign him off the track, he has troubles with shcumacher, and coulthard last season.