PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh tour of West Indies 2018

al Furqaan
March 3, 2018, 02:41 PM
Figured I'd start this thread.

Firstly, any confirmation of this series. The fixtures are out for Sri Lanka's tour, but I haven't seen anything for BD and we supposedly are touring right after. This tour was orignally supposed be now, but of course the Windies are in ZIM trying to qualify for the World Cup.

Also, is there a BD tour to Florida as part of this series? Rumors are it will be T20 tri series also featuring Pakistan in the USA.

Moh899
March 3, 2018, 02:53 PM
Interesting point that of matches being in usa. Id say hold some matches in new york instead of florida.. you’ll get lots of fans and people over in new york compared to florida.. and no one really hs the time and money to make that huge travel for 2 matches.

Yankees
March 3, 2018, 03:55 PM
Interesting point that of matches being in usa. Id say hold some matches in new york instead of florida.. you’ll get lots of fans and people over in new york compared to florida.. and no one really hs the time and money to make that huge travel for 2 matches.

It would be very expensive to host in New York. you would basically have to rent and convert Citi Field. I would be interested to know how much those all-star games brought in. And could a bangladesh only diaspora beat that?

Gillette Stadium could be another option though but also very expensive and they don't have real grass.

Mas_UK25
March 3, 2018, 04:05 PM
Cricket in USA, in those baseball triangle shaped stadiums? lol

Why isn’t there a proper cricket stadium in USA when there’s millions of South Asians there

i_am_ringo
March 3, 2018, 04:48 PM

Why isn’t there a proper cricket stadium in USA when there’s millions of South Asians there

Because they are spread out over a continent, not concentrated in controlled ethnic ghettos, name it tower hamlets or Birmingham.

i_am_ringo
March 3, 2018, 05:25 PM
Yankees office meets with BCB:

BCB: so we got a game for you guys in the off season.

Y: go on

BCB: Ok there is only 2 innings!

Y: Great!

BCB: it’s just 3 hours long... each.

Y: Why that long?

BCB: cuz they have to throw the ball 300 times silly!

Y: ooo.... I don’t know if our viewers are ready for that much entertainment...

BCB: but there’s more!!

Y: really? How so?

BCB: we could also spread the entertainment for 5 days... just your Monday through Friday... sunrise to sunset..
540 throws each day!

Y: and there are hitting homeruns? That’s a lot of homers!

BCB: no... they are blocking the ball... that’s the whole game!

Y: Get out....now!

NoName
March 3, 2018, 05:32 PM

Because Americans don't play it

Yankees
March 3, 2018, 05:58 PM
Yankees office meets with BCB:

BCB: so we got a game for you guys in the off season.

Y: go on

BCB: Ok there is only 2 innings!

Y: Great!

BCB: it’s just 3 hours long... each.

Y: Why that long?

BCB: cuz they have to throw the ball 300 times silly!

Y: ooo.... I don’t know if our viewers are ready for that much entertainment...

BCB: but there’s more!!

Y: really? How so?

BCB: we could also spread the entertainment for 5 days... just your Monday through Friday... sunrise to sunset..
540 throws each day!

Y: and there are hitting homeruns? That’s a lot of homers!

BCB: no... they are blocking the ball... that’s the whole game!

Y: Get out....now!

I don't remember having this meeting

RealSports
March 3, 2018, 08:41 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this series. Watching Cricket in the caribbean is a treat to watch. Will be an important series or tour for our team.

Mas_UK25
March 4, 2018, 05:18 AM
Because they are spread out over a continent, not concentrated in controlled ethnic ghettos, name it tower hamlets or Birmingham.

Tower hamlets doesn’t have a cricket stadium.

You talked about “they are spread over a continent”. I think you’re referring to the south asians in US?

Well..
in the Newyork Ghettos over a million desis (Ind, Bd, pk), California alone, has over 500k Indians (South asians), according to 2010 census, which is double more in population than Tower hamlets. Doesn’t that warrant a cricket stadium to be built in the sunny Cali, having big South Asian population.

What do you have to say about that?

MarufH
March 4, 2018, 10:18 AM
I will travel to FL if they come.

Yankees
March 4, 2018, 12:38 PM
Tower hamlets doesn’t have a cricket stadium.

You talked about “they are spread over a continent”. I think you’re referring to the south asians in US?

Well..
in the Newyork Ghettos over a million desis (Ind, Bd, pk), California alone, has over 500k Indians (South asians), according to 2010 census, which is double more in population than Tower hamlets. Doesn’t that warrant a cricket stadium to be built in the sunny Cali, having big South Asian population.

What do you have to say about that?

This is a ridiculous post dude, you talk as if it's all a matter of just wanting to do it.

Just think about what it takes to actually build a stadium. Really think about it. I assure you it's not as easy as coming together over the weekend. Do you have any idea how expensive land is? And also in sunny Cali, which has one of the most expensive real estate on the planet.

And even if building a stadium was that easy, why build one? So that a desi team can visit once in a while? Does that really warrant a stadium?

FYI - 500k is nothing for a country that has 330+ million people. Don't compare UK figures with the US - we have states bigger than that Kingdom.

Just to recap: You are asking why a minority group that doesn't even comprise 1% of the population can't build a stadium in 2 of the most expensive places on the planet for a sport that has no fan following.

hoodlum
March 4, 2018, 01:37 PM

https://image.ibb.co/mxVdhn/images.jpg

Central Broward Regional Park in Florida.
India played T20s against the West Indies here.

aklemalp
March 4, 2018, 01:39 PM
Looking forward to this series.

Hope we get to see Rahkeem debuting against the mighty Tigers. ....

And @masuk, there is an international cricket ground in the US. It's in Florida.

Used for CPL matches also

Moh899
March 4, 2018, 02:32 PM
But the point in, holding matches in florida wont serve purpose for bangladeshi fans as most of them are located in new york. Very few will actually get to go all the way to florida to watch the match. Same can be said about the windies fans too.

aklemalp
March 4, 2018, 02:35 PM
But the point in, holding matches in florida wont serve purpose for bangladeshi fans as most of them are located in new york. Very few will actually get to go all the way to florida to watch the match. Same can be said about the windies fans too.

Windies fans all the way from Canada traveled for the T20s against India a year ago. There's a big West Indian diaspora in Florida. Mostly Guyanese

DinRaat.
March 4, 2018, 04:35 PM
Replace cricket bats with guns, and balls with grenades.

And the Americans will come flooding in with, there Big Macs and Hot Dogs, to watch the match.