PDA

View Full Version : Test Series Forcast: Thunder-Storm

Rubu
May 24, 2004, 12:13 AM
Looking at the first two days of the three day practice match, I see thunderstorm and tornedo in the sky of bangladesh cricket. Even though the full team did not play, there was most of it and the bowling and batting both are in real trouble.

Rafique did not get a single wicket in the ODI series. I believe the reason is, they were very careful about his bowling. they knew from the beginning, this is the guy they have to be careful about. his very low runs/over supports this idea. they waited for his quota to be over, and since they never had to worry very much about wasting few overs, they could afford to avoid rafique. you are wondering, so rafique will do better in test since there is no quota of bowling, what the problem? the problem is, lara was not in the squad. probably lara is the best player of spin, and we can't use rafique until he is out. i see a trouble here.

The tigers assigned for pace attack does not have teeth, shown very clearly in this match. 320/5 is a score that doesn't show any credit of bowlers.

Our spin attack has to face the problem lara, and also wicket. they are pretty cautious now for the fight in the first two odis. so, they will not make a spin friendly wicket. rana and rafique has a real hard task ahead of them. will enamul join them? we don't know, and i don't think so.

our opening pair problem and top order batting collaspe: only one word can describe it all: diarrhoea.

then there is the opponent batting ability, homeground advantage, and pace attack.

considering all these, i see thunder storm.

but don't get too sad, here is the good news:

I've to give 110 out of 100 for todays performence. in such a situation, the pressure should be too much for any newbie to bear. he did wonderful. he has strocks in his hand too.

opening with ash was a bad idea, as it looks now. he has form and he really can use it comming at middle. he did get out of his "playing for fun" attitude.

rana is in good form, both in batting and bowling.

if everything goes wrong, there is someone at the end to make thing look better: pilot. only if he can find a co-pilot, he'll fry the plane out of rumble, even if the plane is on fire.

i think we've seen enough to make the test squad, the only thing thats needed to know, is how will alok do. if he can be really impressive tomorrow, he might get a chance in the test. whatmore really wants him in the team, as it seems.

Nasif
May 24, 2004, 12:39 AM
I have a feeling Lara will flop. But I usually don't trust my intuition :(

Faisal deserves a call in the test, irrespective of what Alok gets in the the practice. The guy has some nerves. Ashraful needs to get of his shell and show class when it is needed; i.e. in test match. Getting runs only in practice matches doesn't mean anything. He has to do good in the coming test.

Bashar is slowly becoming a ducker or a sixer player. He either gets out cheaply, or gets to high scores. We only wish he follows the latter path more often.

Rana is a guy genious. I have 100% faith in this guy. He is my fav player now. Pilot can pilot the team when top order has engine failure. If top order flys, then Pilot crashes the plane for some unknown reason. In any event we have more faith in Pilot than many other top order batsman.

Who else? Oh, Rafique. Rafique will get loads of wicket. We can't judge his performance based on the ODI series. I see Lara's wicket in Rafique's bag. There is nothing to worry about this guy.

And finally check out the popularity of the cricketers in fantasy site. You will get the idea what is the general opinion about the players. It is not surprising that Faisal is leading with 74%!
http://games.banglacricket.com/stat.php?cmd=mp

Ok, thats enough from me. :ninja:

abhs
May 24, 2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by nasif
And finally check out the popularity of the cricketers in fantasy site. You will get the idea what is the general opinion about the players. It is not surprising that Faisal is leading with 74%!
:ninja:

The lowest cost point (10) is the main factor of the choice or in other words, popularity. Ofcourse I have no doubt about his consistent good performance in batting. Rana, in spite of his, excellent alround performance, is not that popular. I guess, the reason is the very hight cost point for him.

Nasif
May 24, 2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by abhs
The lowest cost point (10) is the main factor of the choice or in other words, popularity. Ofcourse I have no doubt about his consistent good performance in batting. Rana, in spite of his, excellent alround performance, is not that popular. I guess, the reason is the very hight cost point for him.

Cost is a factor of course. Even though Rana is the most expensive, he is quite popular 55%. Tareq Aziz, and Alamgir both cost 10, even then they aren't popular. I guess its a balance between class and cost. In that regard Faisal wins :D

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by nasif]

fwullah
May 24, 2004, 12:59 AM
opening with ash was a bad idea, as it looks now. he has form and he really can use it comming at middle. he did get out of his "playing for fun" attitude.

Yeah, I don't know why Ashraful continues to open and why on earth Whatmore persists with him opening in One Dayers. It just doesn't make any sense.

Beamer
May 24, 2004, 10:21 AM
ash only opened in the last two ODI's because they were reduced to 25 overs. made all the sense, just didn't work out. had he clicked we would have won the second game. you won't see him opening in a full 50 over game.

pagol-chagol
May 24, 2004, 10:30 AM
Rana is well on his way of becoming what we all hoped Alok would become. I hope he keeps up his hard work.

Rubu
May 24, 2004, 11:02 AM
after watching the practice match the meteorigost (sp) AgentSmith has changed the weather forcast from thunderstorm to strong tornedo. all boats and trallers of bangladesh cricket are to be shown #10 great danger signal, and they are adviced to come to a safe horbor (back home) as soon as possible.

they are about to be in follow on in a three day match against a board 11 that is not strong enough. what is the worst situation can happen?

Nascer
May 24, 2004, 11:10 AM
I think we are to be blamed for our own downfall. Apart from our usual problem with technique, I suppose now we can safely say our players lack any kind of commitment and application.

pagol-chagol
May 24, 2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
after watching the practice match the meteorigost (sp) AgentSmith has changed the weather forcast from thunderstorm to strong tornedo. all boats and trallers of bangladesh cricket are to be shown #10 great danger signal, and they are adviced to come to a safe horbor (back home) as soon as possible.

they are about to be in follow on in a three day match against a board 11 that is not strong enough. what is the worst situation can happen?

:P:P:P