PDA

View Full Version : How much sleep do you get on average per day/night?

iDumb
March 12, 2018, 09:26 AM
Like to see how the fellow BCites doing with sleep.

state your situation: student/bum/working.

hours of sleep per day.

i average 3 hours on work days, 6 hours on non working days. Actually in theory i really don't have any non working days - it's just some work i do for free and out of love and responsibility. lol

In preteen to teen years i slept 9 to 12 hours daily.
College: 8 to 9 hours
professional school: 7 to 8 hours
Training : 5 to 6 hours
And now: above.

I think 6 to 8 hours is the sweet spot.... anything less than that you are doing too much in life... more than that - you are wasting time.

share!

mufi_02
March 12, 2018, 10:56 AM
I sleep 8 hours. I go to bed around 1230 and wake up at 8. leave my house at 830 and at work by 9.

office theke eshe half an hour ektu nap nei.. so 8 hours altogether.

bujhee kom
March 12, 2018, 11:01 AM
I sleep a little over 10 horas...close to 11. I have to have my beauty sleep. I also prefer to take a two hours nap in the afternoon. So in total, close to 13.

iDumb
March 12, 2018, 11:11 AM
that is very nice if you can get those time to sleep.

Last 2 years is really putting immense toll on me...and I don't know how to fix it. Now even if I try I can't sleep much... and I am also cursed with being light sleeper.. so slight sound of anything wakes me up...

Night_wolf
March 12, 2018, 11:18 AM
I sleep 8 hours. I go to bed around 1230 and wake up at 8. leave my house at 830 and at work by 9.

:lol: 8:30 te basa theke ber hoye 9 tay office e dhuka..ki moja!..only thing I miss about australia. BD e 9 tar office korte ami 7 tay ber hoi :lol:

Roey Haque
March 12, 2018, 11:27 AM
I sleep 7 hours. I tried to experiment with 5-6 hours of sleep. It was not working out. Even if I wake up early, I need the extra sleep because I get more energy after it. I find that your body usually tells you when is enough, and when is not enough.

Moh899
March 12, 2018, 11:37 AM
Altmost 6 hours each day. No more than 7 tho. You can im sleep deprieved

mufi_02
March 12, 2018, 11:40 AM
:lol: 8:30 te basa theke ber hoye 9 tay office e dhuka..ki moja!..only thing I miss about australia. BD e 9 tar office korte ami 7 tay ber hoi :lol:

my commute is 16 miles. so shokal bela onek traffic thake. takes me 30 mins. during non rush hours, takes 20 mins max..

aklemalp
March 12, 2018, 12:09 PM
Weekends: 5 & 1/2 hours on average

Weekdays: 6 &1/4 hours on average

roman
March 12, 2018, 12:15 PM
There was a time when I used to sleep for 10 hours. Miss those days. Now it will be an achievement if I can sleep more than 7 hours.

iDumb
March 12, 2018, 12:40 PM
I think the recommended sleep time is at least 8 hours long. I think most of us working adults with family do not get anywhere close to it. We are all very sleep deprived.

A good night sleep can make a world of difference in mental and physical health.

bujhee kom
March 12, 2018, 01:49 PM
My wife and two of our old fat cats snore throughout the night. Luckily I have sound sleep, so I sleep okay.
Except that I get nightmares at night and I wake up afraid, kicking and screaming a lot. And then I feel very tired early morning and ended sleeping a lot more.

mufi_02
March 12, 2018, 02:48 PM
My wife and two of our old fat cats snore throughout the night. Luckily I have sound sleep, so I sleep okay.
Except that I get nightmares at night and I wake up afraid, kicking and screaming a lot. And then I feel very tired early morning and ended sleeping a lot more.

ki shopno dosh dekhen apni dada? Khalil ullah apnar kolija khaite ashche?

on topic, I love weekend afternoon naps. I cook jhal gorur mangsho in the morning. and some daal with dhone pata. tarpor dui plate bhat kheye feli. tarpor aste kore fan ta chere diye, ekta lap muri diye, dui tin ghonta ghumai..ki je shanti lage.

adamnsu
March 12, 2018, 02:55 PM
Last 2 years on weeknights I go to sleep by 11.30 pm and max 12 depending on how my day went. I sleep a minimum of 7 hours Allhamdullilah. During Winter time I auto fall asleep by 11pm.

On weekends I sleep until 12.30 but get up at the same time.

This works for me and I don’t feel much tired. I feel life is too short and try not to waste it on sleep.

At night I read for pleasure and usually helps me fall a sleep quickly.

When on holiday I get up at 6 am going to bed by 12. I like exploring a place early in the morning.

Roey Haque
March 12, 2018, 04:04 PM
Weekends: 5 & 1/2 hours on average

Weekdays: 6 &1/4 hours on average

Wow, you work pretty hard man! And by working hard I mean posting in BC:lol:

Kidding. :p

DinRaat.
March 12, 2018, 04:37 PM
If you sleep more than 5 hours, you have problems.

iDumb
March 12, 2018, 04:42 PM
If you sleep more than 5 hours, you have problems.

i think it's not easy to function if you don't sleep at least 6 hours a day unless you have a lot of practice doing it. The only reason I can do it is because i have years of practice. But I always feel in the constant need for rest.

those were never an issue when i was sleeping close to 9 hours or so.

But I agree sleeping more than 9 hours a day for an adult is a bit too much. And less than 6 hours is not good for body or mind.

DinRaat.
March 12, 2018, 04:44 PM
i think it's not easy to function if you don't sleep at least 6 hours a day unless you have a lot of practice doing it. The only reason I can do it is because i have years of practice. But I always feel in the constant need for rest.

those were never an issue when i was sleeping close to 9 hours or so.

But I agree sleeping more than 9 hours a day for an adult is a bit too much. And less than 6 hours is not good for body or mind.

5-6:30 is functionable.

iDumb
March 12, 2018, 04:44 PM

not sleeping enough doesn't mean one is working hard. Wasting time on the net is also part of awake time. These are choice you make in life.

Sometimes when i think about all the hours I wasted watching BD cricket back in the days.. i feel sorry for me.. haha...

Shingara
March 12, 2018, 06:27 PM
Weekdays - 5 hours
Weekends - 8 hours

aklemalp
March 12, 2018, 07:40 PM

Yeah buddy, fulltime work and classes...

Don't judge yo...;)

bujhee kom
March 13, 2018, 09:04 AM

my commute is 16 miles. so shokal bela onek traffic thake. takes me 30 mins. during non rush hours, takes 20 mins max..

Ai hai Mufi,
Eto kom somoi? Tumi Daat na mejei office-e chole jau? Gushol koro naa?
Mookhe khub bajey ekta gondho ber hoi naki? Tomar mohila colleague -ra tow meeting-e pashe boshbe naa.

adamnsu
March 15, 2018, 07:21 AM
World Sleep Day, March 16 which is tomorrow. Happy Snoozing!

So if BD is losing so relax and get some shut eye instead!

Fazal
March 15, 2018, 11:38 AM
So it all depends on with whom you are sleeping with.

adamnsu
March 15, 2018, 01:20 PM
So it all depends on with whom you are sleeping with.

Very true. If your babies sleep with you, don’t think you will get much shut eye.

😁

aklemalp
March 15, 2018, 01:23 PM
Cheat mode:

http://catalog.wlimg.com/1/674472/full-images/sleeping-pills-999254.jpg