PDA

View Full Version : US-Bangla Airlines crashes in Nepal

Rifat_02
March 12, 2018, 12:09 PM
Very sad news today that has shaken everyone in Bangladesh, condolences is pouring in for the 50 lives lost so far. The airlines is blaming the control tower on confusing their pilot , seems it's either the airport or the pilot who caused this crash

aklemalp
March 12, 2018, 12:14 PM
Tragic news.

Sympathy for the family of those deceased and the others who were traumatized and seriously injured.

Night_wolf
March 12, 2018, 12:15 PM
this is the 2nd time a Bangladeshi plane has crashed with more than 10 fatality. first one was 34 years ago

roman
March 12, 2018, 12:22 PM
Very sad news.

iDumb
March 12, 2018, 12:47 PM
Just horrible.

non technical, natural disaster unrelated airplane accidents are hard to digest. Runway accidents shoudln't happen. Airplanes land on water, on car highway during emergency with effective communication...

mufi_02
March 12, 2018, 01:04 PM
heard it on radio this morning. but didn't know it was Bdeshi airlines.

very sad!

Tigers_eye
March 12, 2018, 01:08 PM
With a heavy heart, (inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajiun) two of my distant relatives were in that plane. They just got married (two weeks). May they rest in peace.

Roey Haque
March 12, 2018, 01:14 PM
Rest in peace.

aklemalp
March 12, 2018, 01:15 PM
With a heavy heart, (inna lillahi wa inna ilahi rajiun) two of my distant relatives were in that plane. They just got married (two weeks). May they rest in peace.

Oh my dear TE bhai, I'm sorry that this event had to happened. Sympathies with you and your family in this time of mourning

Night_wolf
March 12, 2018, 01:17 PM
Just horrible.

non technical, natural disaster unrelated airplane accidents are hard to digest. Runway accidents shoudln't happen. Airplanes land on water, on car highway during emergency with effective communication...

in the biggest airplane accident with the most fatalities(583), the two planes involved were not even off the ground. let that sink in

roman
March 12, 2018, 01:27 PM

Very sorry to hear that Mijan Bhai. may Allah make it easy for your family

This is the conversation between the pilot and control tower

At the very outset of the tape, the control towers is heard warning the pilot, “I say again, do not proceed towards Runway 20.” And later, he is warned to remain on hold and not to land because there is another aircraft on approach. After the Bombardier has apparently taken a right orbit, the ATC asks the pilot whether he wants to land on Runway 02 or 20. The latter responds and says “We would like to land on 20”; he is cleared to land on that end of the runway.

The Bombardier pilot is then asked if he has the runway in sight, to which he replies, “Negative”. He is asked to turn right. But then immediately thereafter, the Flight 211 pilot says “Affirmative”, that the runway is in sight. At that point the pilot says, “Cleared to land Runaway 02” (even though he had sought permission for 20). However ATC too now clears him to land on Runway 02. Meanwhile, while talking to the Army 53 aircraft which is on hold about ten kilometers away, the ATC says that the Bangladesh aircraft is “on final for 20”.

The last recorded words of the US-Bangla pilot is: “[Unintelligeble ] said sir, are we cleared to land?” After some silence, the clearly alarmed ATC controller shouts, “I say again, turn…!”. There is silence for a while, then a ‘Fire One’ calls the tower, indicating that a crash has occurred and the airport fire tender has been activated

bujhee kom
March 12, 2018, 01:36 PM
Very sorry to hear about your relatives, Mijan bhaiya.
May our Lord, Allah protect, bless and nurture their souls for eternity.
Our deepest condolences for their family and loved ones whom they left behind and for all the unfortunate deceased passengers of the aircraft.

tonmoy.dhaka
March 12, 2018, 01:45 PM
Very sorry to hear that Mijan Bhai. may Allah make it easy for your family

This is the conversation between the pilot and control tower

At the very outset of the tape, the control towers is heard warning the pilot, “I say again, do not proceed towards Runway 20.” And later, he is warned to remain on hold and not to land because there is another aircraft on approach. After the Bombardier has apparently taken a right orbit, the ATC asks the pilot whether he wants to land on Runway 02 or 20. The latter responds and says “We would like to land on 20”; he is cleared to land on that end of the runway.

The Bombardier pilot is then asked if he has the runway in sight, to which he replies, “Negative”. He is asked to turn right. But then immediately thereafter, the Flight 211 pilot says “Affirmative”, that the runway is in sight. At that point the pilot says, “Cleared to land Runaway 02” (even though he had sought permission for 20). However ATC too now clears him to land on Runway 02. Meanwhile, while talking to the Army 53 aircraft which is on hold about ten kilometers away, the ATC says that the Bangladesh aircraft is “on final for 20”.

The last recorded words of the US-Bangla pilot is: “[Unintelligeble ] said sir, are we cleared to land?” After some silence, the clearly alarmed ATC controller shouts, “I say again, turn…!”. There is silence for a while, then a ‘Fire One’ calls the tower, indicating that a crash has occurred and the airport fire tender has been activated

RIP. My heart bleeds for the dead, injured and their families.

I have a feeling that investigation would reveal this to be a pilot error.
If there is any kind of failure in the aircraft than Bombardier engineers should also investigate into the matter.

adamnsu
March 12, 2018, 02:46 PM

Sorry to hear. May Allah grant them and the others who passed away so tragically a place in heaven easily.

Also among the injured, hope they recover physically and mentally

DinRaat.
March 12, 2018, 04:40 PM
in the biggest airplane accident with the most fatalities(583), the two planes involved were not even off the ground. let that sink in

Yeah KLM 1736, that sh1t was scary. San Rodeos in Teneriffe.

Following may be disturbing for some viewers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/36XzwJqo_tg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ahnaf
March 12, 2018, 09:33 PM
Inna lillahi wa Inna ilahi rajiun.

one of our classmate from university was on the plane with her husband. I think we graduated at the same time. different department though. Can't say we were friends but knew her by face. Both of them died.

DinRaat.
March 12, 2018, 09:35 PM

one of our classmate from university was on the plane with her husband. I think we graduated at the same time. different department though. Can't say we were friends but knew her by face. Both of them died.

Condolences to their families.

ToBeFair
March 12, 2018, 10:43 PM
Very sad news. Too many crashes happened this year. Bad year for aviation.

I still do not know if the crash has happened due to pilot error, but I am always hesitating and almost never flew Bangladesh airlines (govt or private) because I am doubtful of our professionalism and technical competence.

Jadukor
March 13, 2018, 01:32 AM
Terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to the passengers that died and their families. Really sad news.

brockley
March 13, 2018, 07:30 AM
RIP, prayers for the families.

R0ssei
March 13, 2018, 07:32 AM
Very tragic news. Inna lillahi wa Inna Ilahi rajiun. My heart goes out to all the departed souls and their mourning families.

There are leaked radio conversation between ATC and the pilot on Youtube. Seems like there was lot of confusion re: the runway codes. Who came up with this brilliant idea of coding two runways 02 (South) and 20 (North)? Whoever is to blame, lives are lost, child lost parents, families are broken forever - nothing can fill that void.

Shadow
March 13, 2018, 07:52 AM
This is really sad. May the departed souls rest in peace. I also hope that the survivors can overcome this traumatic experience.

bujhee kom
March 13, 2018, 09:00 AM

Very sorry to hear about your classmate and her husband, dear Ahnaf.
May Allah give their family strength and give the departed souls eternal peace.

ToBeFair
March 13, 2018, 10:52 AM
Very tragic news. Inna lillahi wa Inna Ilahi rajiun. My heart goes out to all the departed souls and their mourning families.

There are leaked radio conversation between ATC and the pilot on Youtube. Seems like there was lot of confusion re: the runway codes. Who came up with this brilliant idea of coding two runways 02 (South) and 20 (North)? Whoever is to blame, lives are lost, child lost parents, families are broken forever - nothing can fill that void.

At the end, the runway was clear for landing from both ends. It was pilot's decision to choose an end. The end from which he tried to land the plane, reportedly was not very visible to him. Also there are no instrument landing system on this airport. The pilot therefore should have taken the safest approach, and that is, make another round and establish communication with ATC again for clear instruction for clearance to land from the end he was comfortable with.

ToBeFair
March 13, 2018, 11:03 AM
And the aircraft was more than 17 years old!

ToBeFair
March 13, 2018, 11:23 AM
http://www.financialexpress.com/world-news/who-was-reponsible-for-nepal-plane-crash-mystery-deepens-as-kathmandu-atc-us-bangla-airlines-put-two-versions/1096735/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nepal-crash/after-deadly-nepal-crash-bangladeshi-airline-defends-pilots-idUSKCN1GP0CS

Tigers_eye
March 13, 2018, 03:49 PM
Thanks everyone for your condolences and prayers. The newly wed couple were Brig Gen Nasir's (Retd.) son and daughter in law.

The pilot was one of most experienced one. He had flown this route over 70 times. He knew ins and out of that airport. He passed away as well (later). Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.

The fire ungulfed it. We have to accept the fact that their time was up. One day our time will be up too. Not an extra breath we will be able to take. We just don't know how and when. Not an extra pump from the heart. It has its number set firmly. The questions is are we prepared to face that moment?

"We belong to You and we will return to You."

ToBeFair
March 13, 2018, 10:13 PM
The pilot was one of most experienced one. He had flown this route over 70 times. He knew ins and out of that airport. He passed away as well (later). Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.

The fire ungulfed it. We have to accept the fact that their time was up. One day our time will be up too. Not an extra breath we will be able to take. We just don't know how and when. Not an extra pump from the heart. It has its number set firmly. The questions is are we prepared to face that moment?

That their time was up - no doubt about it. However, this is in no way correlated to what caused the incident. We have to know the reason behind it. And knowing this reason will not negate in anyway our belief as Muslim in predestination.

Yes, there was some confusion about where to land (02 or 20), but it appears to me that the plane has crashed due to pilot error. Eye witnesses have said that plane was disoriented before landing and its wing hit the ground before the plane could properly touch the runway.

Incompetence and unprofessionalism of Bangladeshi pilots are nothing new. Read the following incident below.

http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2017/06/27/biman-pilots-go-shopping-passengers-board/

I followed this incident and later no investigation was carried out and no action was taken against those two pilots for this serious breach because of pressure from "provabshali mohol" and "pilot syndicate".

And BD in general does not care much about safety and technical competency. That's why the carrier carrying the PM also had mechanical faults. So many people were fired over that incident. Ekhon ki kchu hobe? PM er life er dam achey, amader life er kono dam nai for sure in BD.

ToBeFair
March 13, 2018, 10:15 PM
বিমান দুর্ঘটনায় প্রাণহানি ও আমাদের দায় (http://www.prothomalo.com/opinion/article/1449651/%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%98%E0%A 6%9F%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A7%9F-%E0%A6%AA%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A3%E0%A 6%B9%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BF-%E0%A6%93-%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%87%E0%A 6%B0-%E0%A6%A6%E0%A6%BE%E0%A7%9F)

Night_wolf
March 13, 2018, 11:01 PM
http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2017/06/27/biman-pilots-go-shopping-passengers-board/

wow just wow. Unprofessional-ism is in our nation's blood.

Night_wolf
March 13, 2018, 11:04 PM
This crash has now has the most fatalities for a BD plane crash overtaking the 1984 crash at Dhaka.

Night_wolf
March 13, 2018, 11:09 PM
The Captain Abid Sultan had many previous landing experience in this Airport while this would have been first officer Prithila Rashid's first landing in this airport.

Its really surprising for a experience pilot like Abid to make mistakes in landing the plane in clear weather. the captain was communicating with the ATC while landing, usually the pilot who lands the plane do not communicate with the ATC, since Abid was communicating, It is believed that Prithila Rashid might have been the one who was landing the plane. but we will never know as Abid Sultan himself might have been landing and making the communication himself.

Night_wolf
March 14, 2018, 12:33 AM
wow just wow. Unprofessional-ism is in our nation's blood.

should not have said in our nation's blood. unprofessional individuals are in every nation/race/culture

just google Aeroflot Flight 593 and see what happened to it. that my friends is the ultimate unprofessional-ism

ToBeFair
March 14, 2018, 01:08 AM
should not have said in our nation's blood. unprofessional individuals are in every nation/race/culture

just google Aeroflot Flight 593 and see what happened to it. that my friends is the ultimate unprofessional-ism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1UKBUk0USk

A reconstruction of what happened during that flight.

I like the channel of Allec Joshua Ibay. This guy really makes absorbing reconstruction videos of airline incidents and accidents. Once you start watching, you will get addicted.

ahnaf
March 14, 2018, 03:08 AM
Very sorry to hear about your classmate and her husband, dear Ahnaf.
May Allah give their family strength and give the departed souls eternal peace.

I was wrong. Her husband survived. May Allah ease the pain for him.

ToBeFair
March 14, 2018, 03:28 AM
More report

http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/us-bangla-plane-crash-guilty-who-the-truth-lies-black-box-1547929

ToBeFair
March 15, 2018, 03:28 PM
http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news/2018-03-15/footage-before-us-bangla-airlines-flight-211-crash.html

ToBeFair
March 15, 2018, 03:28 PM
https://youtu.be/nfVGgJK9fwE

Shehwar
March 15, 2018, 06:04 PM
https://youtu.be/nfVGgJK9fwE

This isn’t the actual footage bro.

Moh899
March 15, 2018, 06:23 PM
SO basically it was the pilots fault right? Because a plane just doesnt crash at the very last minute while landing. Maybe wrong alignment or distraction?

Jadukor
March 15, 2018, 09:37 PM
Marfoti kotha barta like "it was their time to go" seriously pisses me off because it undermines professional accountability. We need to find out who made the error and under what circumstances.

Shehwar
March 16, 2018, 06:55 AM
SO basically it was the pilots fault right? Because a plane just doesnt crash at the very last minute while landing. Maybe wrong alignment or distraction?

No one knows, but there is a video footage from the locals where it shows the plane had its landing gear out 18 km away from the airport and almost landed in the jungle ( was only about 200 ft away from ground ) so something wasn’t right way before the plane approached the airport! The locals were heard saying that plane has lost its way and it’s been flying forever or somewhere along those lines.

DinRaat.
March 16, 2018, 06:57 AM
What model plane was it, usually planes these days have sophisticated ILS(Instrument Landing System) to avoid problems such as this.

Night_wolf
March 16, 2018, 07:22 AM
No one knows, but there is a video footage from the locals where it shows the plane had its landing gear out 18 km away from the airport and almost landed in the jungle ( was only about 200 ft away from ground ) so something wasn’t right way before the plane approached the airport! The locals were heard saying that plane has lost its way and it’s been flying forever or somewhere along those lines.

from the ATC and Cockpit recording we dont see any distress from the pilot. we need to see what we get from the cockpit voice recorder to get the truth.

DinRaat.
March 16, 2018, 07:24 AM
I hope technology in the future takes over landing and takeoff, this is the way forward, cannot trust humans anymore.

Night_wolf
March 16, 2018, 07:24 AM
What model plane was it, usually planes these days have sophisticated ILS(Instrument Landing System) to avoid problems such as this.

it was a Bombardier Dash 8 Q400, this is the most fatal crash of this model

DinRaat.
March 16, 2018, 07:31 AM
This is a fairly advance and modern aircraft, probably miscommunication between the two parties.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Q400_flight_deck.jpg

ToBeFair
March 16, 2018, 08:08 AM
This is a fairly advance and modern aircraft, probably miscommunication between the two parties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2CIxzmqgu4

Listen to the communication between the pilot and ATC (first seven mins) - there seems no confusion or stress or anything from either side. Seems confusion theory is propelled only by US Bangla and BD newspapers.

Night_wolf
March 17, 2018, 02:32 AM
Death toll reduced to 49 by Nepal ministry, apparently the first count of 51 was wrong

http://www.unb.com.bd/bangladesh-news/US-Bangla-plane-crash-death-toll-49-Nepal%C2%A0/65540

DinRaat.
March 17, 2018, 05:31 AM
Shame, we can't even give the families a decent report as to what happened, this is just so piss poor from both ends of the spectrum.

Night_wolf
March 17, 2018, 05:36 AM
Shame, we can't even give the families a decent report as to what happened, this is just so piss poor from both ends of the spectrum.

initial count of 51 dead was also given by nepal ministry

ToBeFair
March 21, 2018, 01:03 AM
If anyone is interested, a great discussion in the following aviation forum about this crash:

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1388793&hilit=us+bangla

ToBeFair
March 26, 2018, 11:21 AM
https://youtu.be/3jfVeq3iojg

ToBeFair
April 12, 2018, 08:53 AM
People’s perspective: A major blow to brand Bangladesh
Mohammad Isam
Even a single death due to accident is too many. So the statistics that there have been only two major aviation disasters in Bangladesh in the last 33 years are only of trivial importance. A tragedy in which 51 people died puts countries into a collective bereavement.
In Bangladesh's case, deadly maritime disasters and road accidents have already made us permanently nervous about our waterways and highways. When an accident is first reported, we look back at the last time we took that particular route and what awaits us the next time.

Air travel's prevalence in the country in last 20 years has already made the BS211 tragedy a relatable one. Many of the passengers performed the modern ritual of the Facebook check-in at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport and taking a photo of the family or a selfie, before boarding the flight. Then we make that last phone call from inside the aircraft to the near and dear ones who dropped us off at the airport or are waiting for our arrival in the destination.

A more long-lasting consequence of this tragedy could be a deeper mistrust in Bangladeshi brands, products and companies. Boarding an aircraft even for a 30-minute flight is handing over our lives to the pilot, and by extension, the airliner's safety measures that require proper technology and regular maintenance.

There will be more analysis about the condition of the Bombardier that crashed at the Kathmandu airport, and so there should be about US-Bangla's management of the aircraft and the pilot.

If there is a question about whether the pilot was tired, then Bangladesh must know if the pilot and the first officer were of sound physical and mental condition. Did US-Bangla regularly maintain the aircraft's standard before and after a flight? Given what experts have already said, there was negligence, and in any case, most aviation disasters are a combination of human failure and technological error.

Consumers in Bangladesh have long suffered after-purchase problems. Only in 2014 did the Consumers Rights Protection Act 2009 get rules for its operation. The state machinery in charge of this hasn't held too many people accountable. There are many things that can go wrong when we buy vegetable, medicine or an air ticket. There's no proper system in place to question such people to improve the product, which in many cases puts lives in danger every day.

We are unaware of the purity of the water we drink in our homes, for example, and years of ignoring such things have also made us immune to asking questions. Forget about getting proper answers.

Despite being an American-Bangladeshi joint venture, US-Bangla is essentially a local brand, a Bangladeshi product. They are answerable to the public, and with great detail. This is the first major aviation disaster at a time when more people are using airlines like Bangladesh Biman, US-Bangla, Novo Air and Regent Airways for domestic and some international flights.

Competition within these airlines can sometimes make them careless of details, and if it turns out that there were elements of such mindset contributed to this disaster, regulators must come down hard on every airline from this point onward. It would also be helpful to the burgeoning airline industry if their standards are raised.

I think it is safe to say that we can afford a bad meal in a restaurant, a bit of dirt in our water or a dodgy gadget ordered online. But when it comes to a flight, it will be hard to let go of a questionable flight so easily.

The writer is a sports writer for espncricinfo and former reporter of The Daily Star

https://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/us-bangla-plane-crash-peoples-perspective-major-blow-brand-bangladesh-1548979

ToBeFair
April 12, 2018, 09:46 AM
The recent US-Bangla plane crash has suddenly brought out some bone-chilling allegations from a number of pilots of compromising flight safety by private airlines.
These pilots have been sending messages to The Daily Star, uploading posts in the social media, exchanging notes among them and discussing in private about how the airlines in their bid to maximise profit allegedly overwork their pilots, send-off flights even when the rules don't permit, or even sometimes hide defects because logging them would mean grounding of aircraft at a huge loss.

The March 12 tragedy, in which at least 51 people, including 28 Bangladeshis, were killed as the US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashed and burst into flames while landing at the Kathmandu airport in Nepal, appeared to have deeply rattled the conscience of a rather small circle of pilots.

Some of them are urging others to stand up and start to say no to the compromises they routinely make under pressure of management.

“It's human lives that are at stake! This is what we pilots deal with every single day. It's a sacred duty, not the glamorous job the media portrays!” reads one of the passionate appeals that did the rounds on social media.

The Daily Star talked with half a dozen pilots. None of them wanted to have their names revealed because they fear their services would be jeopardised and none of the allegations could be independently verified.

But since the nature of allegations coming from a variety of aviators is similar, those deserve special attention for the sake of passengers' safety.

Though expressed in privacy, their opinions and concerns should be discreetly assessed by the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh (Caab) and the government before taking appropriate actions to address the grim issues.

One pilot wrote: “This accident was just waiting to happen. The safety culture or truly speaking the 'lack of it' in private sector is simply outrageous!”

He alleged that pilots are forced by management to operate in situations where it's prudent not to fly. Maintaining flight schedule and commercial considerations take precedence over flight safety.

Another pilot, a captain, wrote: “We routinely observe private carriers shooting approaches well below the minimum visibility, departing for a destination with very marginal weather or visibility, compromising on technical issues, flying without weather radar, forbidding pilots to give entry in the engineering log especially at outstations as grounding would cost money!

“I've often seen Biman or other foreign carriers holding for visibility to improve in winter when …. [names of two private airlines] not only commencing approach but landing!!,” he wrote.

One pilot shared how he was forced to fly while he was trying to apply “pilot discretion” in a foggy morning of December last year.

“There was no permission to fly from tower for low visibility. A phone call came [from the head office] moments after I declined to fly the plane to Chittagong. I was shouted at and told to take off on the dot,” he told this newspaper.

My employer is a time-freak, and has ways to manage airport authorities, he said with a wry smile.

Many pilots also questioned how US-Bangla airlines could send a very inexperienced first officer as co-pilot to Kathmandu. The budget airline maintains such risky practice in absence of expert manpower on its payroll -- an allegation it routinely refutes.

A Qatar Airways pilot believed that Captain Abid Sultan, pilot of the ill-fated US-Bangla plane, made a “massive pilot error” by doing dual jobs of communicating with the tower while landing at a dangerous airport like the one in Kathmandu.

“The captain took over communication and was also flying. And it's due to the inexperience of the first officer [who was reported to be on her first trip to Nepal].”

A very seasoned pilot of Biman Bangladesh Airlines wrote: “I've heard many harrowing stories from our first officers who were in the private sector before. Even if there are some exaggerations, even if I consider only 25 percent of what they say is true, it is alarming.”

“Biman doesn't allow such inexperienced first officers even to fly to Cox's Bazar!” he continues.

The companies don't accept “no” for an answer when it comes to flying even in extreme conditions.

A captain, who flies Dreamliners for a Middle Eastern airline, alleged pilots were even fired from private companies for refusing to accept unsafe operation.

He mentioned that one local airline had its pilot fired because the aviator said he was “fatigued”. And fatigue comes from overwork.

One pilot was fired because he did not take off as the weather at the destination airport was below the minimum required. One pilot was fired because he complained about Saidpur airport's non-standard light.

Another Bangladeshi pilot working at a foreign airline thinks the reporting and follow-up at the Caab and within the airlines are not dependable. The airlines do not report safety issues to the Caab and the Caab also doesn't follow up.

Most of the pilots appeared quite critical of the role of some Caab officials.

They are the ones who keep the regulators' eyes and ears shut, alleged a Turkish Airline pilot, who worked for a private airline a few years back.

“Compromise is for money and gifts,” the pilot quipped.

https://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/us-bangla-airlines-plane-crash-pilots-open-private-1550236

ToBeFair
April 12, 2018, 09:48 AM
Initial report came:

"The landing alignment of the aircraft was not right," Capt Salahuddin M Rahmatullah, head of Aircraft Accident Investigation Group (AAIG) of Bangladesh, came up the findings at a press conference at the office of the Civil Aviation Authority in Dhaka this afternoon.

https://www.thedailystar.net/country/investigators-find-fault-us-bangla-plane-crash-landing-alignment-1561822

http://www.prothomalo.com/bangladesh/article/1468776/প্রাথমিক-তদন্ত-প্রতিবেদন-ব্ল্যাকবক্স-গেল-কানাডায়

ToBeFair
August 27, 2018, 04:22 AM
US-Bangla pilot was mentally stressed, reckless: Nepali probe report (https://www.thedailystar.net/news/world/south-asia/nepal-plane-crash-us-bangla-airlines-pilot-abid-sultan-was-mentally-stressed-1625164)

Some excerts:

Investigators say Sultan had been smoking cigarettes frequently during the hour-long flight from Dhaka to Kathmandu. The former Bangladeshi Air Force pilot, who had clocked more than 5,500 flying hours, had not disclosed to the airlines that he was a smoker, leading investigators to conclude that Sultan was undergoing severe mental stress inside the cockpit.

“When we analysed the conversation on the Cockpit Voice Recorder, it was clear to us that the captain was harbouring severe mental stress. He also seemed to be fatigued and tired due to lack of sleep,” investigators wrote in the report. “He was crying on several occasions.”

The voice recorder has captured nearly an hour-long conversation between the captain and his co-pilot in the cockpit, further demonstrating Sultan’s tensed mood throughout the flight and a complete lack of situational awareness.“I don’t f…ing care about safe flight, you f… your duty,” Sultan said at one point inside the cockpit, according to the report. It was not clear whom the pilot was directing the statement at, as the co-pilot was the only crew member present inside the cockpit during the flight.

At one point during the flight, according to details from the audio recorder, the pilot broke down and said that he was “very upset and hurt by the behaviour of the female colleague” and that “she was the only reason he was leaving the company.” The captain had expressed his desire to resign a day before the accident, the report says, although he had not submitted any written documents. He said that he wished to continue on the job for three more months to complete training the co-pilots.