PDA

View Full Version : Is Nepal really the best ODI team in Asia?

al Furqaan
March 12, 2018, 06:04 PM
Before you laugh at Nepal, at least hear me out. Nepal just beat Hong Kong. That doesn't sound too impressive, but consider that Hong Kong just beat Afghanistan. And Afghanistan beat the West Indies and even drew a series. Now the West Indies have beaten India, who are the best team in Asia. Thus it necessarily follows that Nepal is better than India, ergo Nepal is the best team in Asia.

Attaching a poll especially for the IndYeahs of the world wide web so he might vote correctly for the first time in his life.

Austin 3:!6
March 12, 2018, 06:22 PM
Don't think so. Success of teams in LOI's can only be measured by the number of trophies they have won. Below are the most successful teams in Asia:

1) India - 2 WC's, 2 CT, 1 T20 WC, 6 Asia Cup, 4 U19 WC's, 3 U19 Asia cup.
2) Pakistan - 1 WC, 1 CT, 1 T20 WC, 2 Asia Cup, 2 U19 WCs, 1 U19 Asia cup.
3) SriLanka - 1 WC, 1 CT, 1 T20 WC, 5 Asia Cup
4) Afghanistan - 1 U19 Asia Cup

Rest of Asian teams are just playing catch up games TBH.

i_am_ringo
March 12, 2018, 06:48 PM
Nepal beat a Hong Kong team composed of Indians, so Nepal beat India.

India: 2 world cups and 1 loss to Nepal.

Thank you come again.

i_am_ringo
March 12, 2018, 07:01 PM
Troll er baccha troll jei ektu ghuta khaise, ekhon r jokes bair hoy na. Stats niye sheirokom serious obosta. :floor:

Love it

Yankees
March 12, 2018, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry to say yaars but this makes no sense whatsoever. Everyone knows that the best way to determine which side is best is to compare overall head to head.

And Pakistan completely OBLITERATES all other Asian sides. It's not even close. They are the best Asian side. You know it pains me to say this because I'm a well wisher of Indian cricket. Good news is that with the current Indian talent, in 20 years they will easily bring that deficit down to 30. #FACT

DinRaat.
March 12, 2018, 07:48 PM
Before you laugh at Nepal, at least hear me out. Nepal just beat Hong Kong. That doesn't sound too impressive, but consider that Hong Kong just beat Afghanistan. And Afghanistan beat the West Indies and even drew a series. Now the West Indies have beaten India, who are the best team in Asia. Thus it necessarily follows that Nepal is better than India, ergo Nepal is the best team in Asia.

Attaching a poll especially for the IndYeahs of the world wide web so he might vote correctly for the first time in his life.

Your just hating on Afghanistan, they are currently the best associate side in world cricket. Let Nepal beat WI,Zimbabwe,Ireland and Bangladesh(twice) away. First.

aklemalp
March 12, 2018, 08:02 PM
They are at the bottom of the table in ICC World Cup Qualifiers

Gowza
March 12, 2018, 08:08 PM
Your just hating on Afghanistan, they are currently the best associate side in world cricket. Let Nepal beat WI,Zimbabwe,Ireland and Bangladesh(twice) away. First.

Afghanistan are not the best associate side anymore, they are a full member nation now.

aklemalp
March 12, 2018, 08:09 PM
Afghanistan are not the best associate side anymore, they are a full member nation now.

Nice catch :-B

DinRaat.
March 12, 2018, 08:12 PM

You got me there mate.

:lol: :facepalm:

Gowza
March 12, 2018, 08:17 PM
This qualifier just shows that WC should be bigger and better, associates are more competitive than ever and to make the jump up they need matches against better sides, they used to get that at the WC but they don’t anymore.

Mas_UK25
March 12, 2018, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry to say yaars but this makes no sense whatsoever. Everyone knows that the best way to determine which side is best is to compare overall head to head.

And Pakistan completely OBLITERATES all other Asian sides. It's not even close. They are the best Asian side. You know it pains me to say this because I'm a well wisher of Indian cricket. Good news is that with the current Indian talent, in 20 years they will easily bring that deficit down to 30. #FACT

Well wisher of those that troll and mock your kinda and never have invited you for a full tour of test and ODI together ever?

During the 00s even Aus invited, Sa Invited. And you’ll see how they try justifying it by saying how money cant be made and what not.

al Furqaan
March 12, 2018, 09:17 PM

I've got Afghan Pashtun ancestry...8 generations ago a trader from Kandahar came to Comilla and a couple hundred years later I was born. Why would I be hating on Afghanistan. I'm just stating a few facts of teams which have beaten other teams and then creating a polling question as I'm curious to see the results. If you notice, I haven't voted at all. I'm just asking a genuine question about current day cricket. Nothing more or less.

DinRaat.
March 12, 2018, 09:18 PM
I've got Afghan Pashtun ancestry...8 generations ago a trader from Kandahar came to Comilla and a couple hundred years later I was born. Why would I be hating on Afghanistan. I'm just stating a few facts of teams which have beaten other teams and then creating a polling question as I'm curious to see the results. If you notice, I haven't voted at all. I'm just asking a genuine question about current day cricket. Nothing more or less.

My post was too serious, I thought you were serious when I read your thread.

AF, what happened to Taskin don't see you supporting him any more, whats wrong friend? :D

DinRaat.
March 12, 2018, 09:36 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if AF has a degree in statistics,analytics or advanced mathematics.

Tigers_eye
March 12, 2018, 10:44 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if AF has a degree in statistics,analytics or advanced mathematics.

He is a Doctor. Not a professor sort of Doctor. The one who writes prescription.

ToBeFair
March 12, 2018, 10:47 PM
Don't think so. Success of teams in LOI's can only be measured by the number of trophies they have won. Below are the most successful teams in Asia:

1) India - 2 WC's, 2 CT, 1 T20 WC, 6 Asia Cup, 4 U19 WC's, 3 U19 Asia cup.
2) Pakistan - 1 WC, 1 CT, 1 T20 WC, 2 Asia Cup, 2 U19 WCs, 1 U19 Asia cup.
3) SriLanka - 1 WC, 1 CT, 1 T20 WC, 5 Asia Cup
4) Afghanistan - 1 U19 Asia Cup

Rest of Asian teams are just playing catch up games TBH.

India can only win WC at home, not outside subcontinent. :D

DinRaat.
March 12, 2018, 11:21 PM
He is a Doctor. Not a professor sort of Doctor. The one who writes prescription.

Sweet, maybe I can ask him to shoot me up a dodgy doctors certificate in case I need to miss class.

:D

DinRaat.
March 12, 2018, 11:26 PM

Congratz, you have lit the fuse.

al Furqaan
March 13, 2018, 02:27 AM

:D flattered...used to be good at math once upon a time. then my teacher signed me up for AP calc BC...forgotten almost everything of the little I once knew.

Night_wolf
March 13, 2018, 02:36 AM

khamakha agula bole nijeder bash nijera mari..India won their 1st WC outside sub con..atleast 1 if not both of their CT wins are outside sub con

Yankees
March 13, 2018, 02:44 AM
khamakha agula bole nijeder bash nijera mari..India won their 1st WC outside sub con..atleast 1 if not both of their CT wins are outside sub con

They didn't "win" the first champions trophy. And the second final was a T20 shootout, really unlucky for England. #FACT

Yankees
March 13, 2018, 02:47 AM
:D flattered...used to be good at math once upon a time. then my teacher signed me up for AP calc BC...forgotten almost everything of the little I once knew.

I dont think DinRaat will know what "AP Calc BC" means. But man, what a waste of time that was. Ended up retaking all calc courses in college anyways.

Mas_UK25
March 13, 2018, 03:47 AM

Interesting to hear about your Afghan anchestry.

My late grandma also told me about her fathers family being Pathan from Afghanistan, migrated to Bengal on some sort business trip and stayed back. During the 71 time, the West Pak army raided his village, he spoke in Pashto, some them were Pasto speaking understood and after a quick check if there’s any weapons or anything hidden, they left. So basically he and his fam survived for being Pathan origin.

March 13, 2018, 05:20 AM
Kapil Dev lifting that world cup trophy in Lords inspired millions to pick up cricket in Asia. Before that cricket was not so popular and Asian teams were just there to fit the bill. Also, I just looked at the map to confirm since I was unsure and found out that Lords is not in India. Its in Central London with St. Johns Wood is the closest metro station served by Jubilee line.

BTW, India is the 1st team to win a WC at home in 2011. Aussies got inspired and repeated the same in 2015.

Bottom line, let it be 1983 or 2011 we have inspired few teams round the world.

#FACT

March 13, 2018, 05:29 AM
They didn't "win" the first champions trophy. And the second final was a T20 shootout, really unlucky for England. #FACT
LMAO...how can 20 overs be a shoot out? Its not that one team get to play full 50 overs and other team got only 20. It was same 20 overs for both teams...correct na? England lost fair and square.

You want to know which is really a fluke win? Its your beloved Pakistan winning the 92 WC. Not sure how young you were then but I can shed some light. Pak were 42/7 vs Eng in group game and were in verge of getting knocked out. Then rain happened and both teams got 1 point each. In the same tournament, the invincible SA got screwed by DL...else it was game over for Pak in finals. Also, India already beaten them in that tournament when Imran/Wasim/Mushy etc have no answer to 18 yr old Sachin. Miandad has no clue how to face Srinath...lol.

I can go on and on but why bother. They won the thing so good on them. But Pak fans calling India wins as fluke is laughable.

Yankees
March 13, 2018, 05:46 AM
LMAO...how can 20 overs be a shoot out? Its not that one team get to play full 50 overs and other team got only 20. It was same 20 overs for both teams...correct na? England lost fair and square.

You want to know which is really a fluke win? Its your beloved Pakistan winning the 92 WC. Not sure how young you were then but I can shed some light. Pak were 42/7 vs Eng in group game and were in verge of getting knocked out. Then rain happened and both teams got 1 point each. In the same tournament, the invincible SA got screwed by DL...else it was game over for Pak in finals. Also, India already beaten them in that tournament when Imran/Wasim/Mushy etc have no answer to 18 yr old Sachin. Miandad has no clue how to face Srinath...lol.

I can go on and on but why bother. They won the thing so good on them. But Pak fans calling India wins as fluke is laughable.

Aree yaar, that was a fluke win too. I agree with you. Doesn't change the fact that ind's first CT "win" wasn't even a win. Co-winners is a laughable concept that only exists in cricket.

Not sure why u think I'm a pak fan. Never have been. In fact, I hate everything pak. But it's hard to argue with stats, which is why it pains me to admit they are the best Asian side by a kashmiri mile. correct na? #FACT

March 13, 2018, 05:58 AM
^What stats? Check post #2 and compare which teams has maximum number of trophies. Lets put it this way, LOI cricket is all about winning championships...JAMODIs are irrelevant. And India has by far most number of trophies. As far as H2H is concerned, yes they won more meaningless game but come clutch matches...they always surrendered.

Read my analysis here: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/forums/topic/104471-an-analysis-india-vs-pakistan-which-is-the-better-team-in-crucial-games-and-which-set-of-fans-has-suffered-more-heart-breaks-in-past-3-decades/?tab=comments#comment-3537968

brockley
March 13, 2018, 06:13 AM
Nepal has great potential.
1 Crowds.
2 bowlers.
3 Under 19's.
4 fans in general.

Yankees
March 13, 2018, 06:35 AM
^What stats? Check post #2 and compare which teams has maximum number of trophies. Lets put it this way, LOI cricket is all about winning championships...JAMODIs are irrelevant. And India has by far most number of trophies. As far as H2H is concerned, yes they won more meaningless game but come clutch matches...they always surrendered.

Read my analysis here: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/forums/topic/104471-an-analysis-india-vs-pakistan-which-is-the-better-team-in-crucial-games-and-which-set-of-fans-has-suffered-more-heart-breaks-in-past-3-decades/?tab=comments#comment-3537968

If mental gymnastics was an olympic sport, India would actually win gold for once. #FACT

Arrey yaar, I've read your "analysis' in the past, it's too much for me. Besides, I'm afraid to click on the link - don't want any virus telling me I owe IRS money. Correct na? #FACT

Test: Pak 12 - 9 Ind
ODI: Pak 73 - 52 ind

#FACT

DinRaat.
March 13, 2018, 09:19 AM
If mental gymnastics was an olympic sport, India would actually win gold for once. #FACT

Arrey yaar, I've read your "analysis' in the past, it's too much for me. Besides, I'm afraid to click on the link - don't want any virus telling me I owe IRS money. Correct na? #FACT

#FACT

Na bro, objectivity, is rubbish, India is a better team since they won matches that are more meaningful :D = Every indian fan when you put up this stat

DinRaat.
March 13, 2018, 09:21 AM

Lol you know what would happen, the most ironic thing is that, if Pakistan won more tournaments indians will be like we won the most matches.

Tournaments are just over hyped matches, statistically Pakistan is the better team since they have a better W/R vs India. You can't hide from that fact.

DinRaat.
March 13, 2018, 09:22 AM

Let that sink in.

Vahroone
March 13, 2018, 10:16 AM
Tournaments are just over hyped matches, statistically Pakistan is the better team since they have a better W/R vs India. You can't hide from that fact.

Completely agree. Pakistan have beaten us many important cups: Kitply Cup, Cool & Cool Cup, Aane Do Cup, 2Gals1 Cup. They just haven't won in the World Cup - no biggie.

Roey Haque
March 13, 2018, 10:27 AM
Some serious country baiting going on here...what a hornet's nest of a thread

brockley
March 13, 2018, 10:37 AM
What the **** do Pakistan and India to do with the potential of Nepal and where they stand.
Sounds more like a holy war.
BTW where is Roy these days?

Night_wolf
March 13, 2018, 10:48 AM
Nepal reminds me of 1997 Bangladesh team with one very good player

Yankees
March 13, 2018, 11:17 AM
Completely agree. Pakistan have beaten us many important cups: Kitply Cup, Cool & Cool Cup, Aane Do Cup, 2Gals1 Cup. They just haven't won in the World Cup - no biggie.

Pretty sure you misquoted DinRaat. Or atleast what you wrote in no way refutes his point. But A for Effort :up:

al Furqaan
March 13, 2018, 11:38 AM
I dont think DinRaat will know what "AP Calc BC" means. But man, what a waste of time that was. Ended up retaking all calc courses in college anyways.

Well I went to a state school so I got credit for both calc 1 and 2 and only needed one semester for my major. My friends who went to Vandy all had to retake it I think.

Dinraat is Canadian...I think they have AP programs in Canada.

al Furqaan
March 13, 2018, 11:43 AM

20 over final for a ODI tournament is a joke. That should be filed as another WT20 win, not CT. 1983 WC was kind of a dice game...no one really knew how that format worked back then. Didn't Gavaskar once play a 200 ball 20 trying to draw an ODI? That should tell you enough about that era. 2011 was just like PAK's 92 fluke. PAK shouldn't have even made the final, and same thing with India after umpires kept giving Tendy lives in that semifinal. I think he had like 2 lives + several dropped chances. Incredibly flukish. Then I think Dhoni managed to get a toss redo against Sri Lanka in the final.

Rifat
March 13, 2018, 11:55 AM
Well I went to a state school so I got credit for both calc 1 and 2 and only needed one semester for my major. My friends who went to Vandy all had to retake it I think.

Last i checked Dinraat is Australian.

DinRaat.
March 13, 2018, 05:16 PM

WTF, I am from Australia couldn't you see it from my excessive use of the term "mate".

i_am_ringo
March 14, 2018, 01:46 AM
You know who really is the winner?

The English.

Divided the same piece of land into 3 parts. Gave bengal to the Far West just for kicks. Then divided bengal into two halves.

Now look at you... comparing meaningless stats n fighting over it.

Now you believe the lie they sold

i_am_ringo
March 14, 2018, 01:57 AM
Fighting over which one of her majesty’s servant nations picked up the colonial bs the best huh?

“We won a World Cup!”

No you didn’t. You won a prize fought by HER “former” subjects to entertain and promote English influence over your culture.

Congratulations, you played yourself

i_am_ringo
March 14, 2018, 02:06 AM
it’s not a World Cup, it’s a COLONY CUP. It will never be a global game because ...

No one can lick the boot of their English masters quite like HER servants.

Her archaic games will only appeal to those children whose fathers and grandfathers were also... servant to the crown.

R0ssei
March 14, 2018, 07:44 AM
^^

And Canada & Australia are the 2 giants happily "serving" the crown. #Hopeless

aklemalp
March 14, 2018, 07:50 AM
Who dialed the time back to pre-1947?

Bharatfan
March 20, 2018, 02:53 PM
The best team in Asia based on recent results is India B.

Bharatfan
March 20, 2018, 02:55 PM
King Kohli, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Pandya, Dhoni, Kuldeep were missing and yet our sweet sixteen Sundar made the BD top order dance in 3 games.

aklemalp
March 20, 2018, 03:04 PM
King Kohli, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Pandya, Dhoni, Kuldeep were missing and yet our sweet sixteen Sundar made the BD top order dance in 3 games.

Washington Dc Sundar is 16 still?

He's 18;

Bharatfan
March 20, 2018, 03:06 PM
Washington Dc Sundar is 16 still?

He's 18;

Right..sweet eighteen then