PDA

View Full Version : 12 off 4...would support Shakib's forfeit???

al Furqaan
March 16, 2018, 01:54 PM
12 off 4 needed, a potential no ball not called...final spot in meaningless tri series against India's C team at stake...would you support Shak if he called the boys in and forfeited the match?

I would. Even if that call was legit, umpires have this tendency to give all the 50-50 decisions against us. Wether its half the ball pitching outside the line, or foot might be just behind the crease, or waist high full tosses might be just above the waist...you'd imagine 50% of the 50-50's would go your way.

Now if it was a world cup, Asia cup, or champions trophy by all means suck it up and keep playing.

We just happened to win today. We won't every time in this situation. Just my spiel. Others may disagree.

aklemalp
March 16, 2018, 01:56 PM
Is there a poll on this one Al Furqaan?

Personally, I would play the role of cool headed Khaled Mahmud and let the game go on.

cricket_king
March 16, 2018, 01:59 PM
I probably wouldn't forfeit, but would definitely make noise. I'm sure guys the seniors like shakib are tired of these decisions going to the opposition.

NoName
March 16, 2018, 02:01 PM
Wouldn't have forfeited over a t20 lol

Jadukor
March 16, 2018, 02:04 PM
No. Sri Lankans are our friends in cricket. We cannot damage our relationship over a t20 game and that too in a tournament celebrating their independence.

MHRAM
March 16, 2018, 02:08 PM
In a T20 ? Hell no

Not worth it even if we lose

But If we win it's an amazing feeling
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Jadukor
March 16, 2018, 02:08 PM
I do think shak's off field antics threw the bowler off his game a little bit

Night_wolf
March 16, 2018, 02:09 PM
I do think shak's off field antics threw the bowler off his game a little bit

I think it fired up mullah

Jadukor
March 16, 2018, 02:11 PM
I think it fired up mullah

Ryad was fired up when the fielder who took Shakib's catch did the snake dance. Miraz re to mair e dito mone hoi. What a game. Its 2 am and i am still pumped

Jadukor
March 16, 2018, 02:14 PM
From prothom alo:
ঝামেলাটা সৃষ্টি করেছেন শ্রীলঙ্কান আম্পায়ারই। লেগ আম্পায়ার দ্বিতীয় বাউন্সারকে নো-বল দেখিয়েছিলেন কিন্তু মূল আম্পায়ার সেটা অগ্রাহ্য করেছেন।

adamnsu
March 16, 2018, 02:17 PM
In the heat of the moment I would have supported a walk off tbh.

But I think the right thing was done to finish the game, despite the result.

ToBeFair
March 16, 2018, 02:18 PM
No not support forefeit, when you are BD team, you have to win against all odds. That's how the world is structured, no way around it unfortunately.

adamnsu
March 16, 2018, 02:19 PM
I want to know if the same idiotic 3rd umpire in the first game against Indiawas on field today. Don’t know how bad you have to be to give so many poor decisions in the same game as a 3rd umpire

Hawk-Eye
March 16, 2018, 02:46 PM
All four umpires were from Sri Lanka. That is weird!

Moh899
March 16, 2018, 03:08 PM
I WOuld support whatever my captain did with 100% intention. No questions here

godzilla
March 16, 2018, 03:10 PM
Definitely not. Definitely give an earful to the umpire but to walk off like that, nah

Tigers_eye
March 16, 2018, 03:11 PM
I WOuld support whatever my captain did with 100% intention. No questions here
Game. Set. Match. :up:

Eshen
March 16, 2018, 03:28 PM
That was a brainfart from Shakib. Glad that Chacha did not let him pull this stunt.

Rinathq
March 16, 2018, 03:35 PM
Dunno why everyone is complaining? he DID NOT react like that BECAUSE of 2 borderline calls. He reacted because the stupid leg umpire raised his effing hand and called a no ball and then took it back. On a knockout game, final over of the second innings you cannot do that as umpires! if there were disagreement between 2 umpires, refer it! Its THAT EASY!

Mas_UK25
March 16, 2018, 05:06 PM
Amazinf how people look for faults at BD players and ignore the main root of the issue came from. The Lankan leg umpire called it NB. But it didnt stand. Why wouldn’t it p.ss you off and bring out high emotions?

Some Indo Paks are having a get together on PP, elsewhere and trolling Bangladesh team, players and even the fans, a lot. Apparently the BD fans are ‘arrogant’ when we celebrate a win :lol:. For them even if we BD fans throw our hands in the air and say, ‘Yes!!! Come on!!’, it deems ‘arrogant’ ROFL

Anyway. I’m glad Bangladesh team and Bangladeshi fans can bring them closer. Affer all we are charitable human beings and humble in general and by far the kindest in South Asia. We’d be glad to stop anymore wars from the two afterall the region don’t need another war (what is it they had, 4 or 6 wars? Anyone?).

Equinox
March 16, 2018, 06:05 PM
That was a brainfart from Shakib. Glad that Chacha did not let him pull this stunt.
From what I saw Sujon was egging him on.

Tausif
March 16, 2018, 06:21 PM
Shakib let his emotions take the better of him. Left a little bad taste but thankfully Shujon talked some sense into him.

Would I have supported him? In this match yeah because umpires have the tendency to do a shady job and get away with it. This will put some spotlight on them for sure.

DinRaat.
March 16, 2018, 06:25 PM
Shakib did the right thing, he had a spine and fought for the right thing, we should of walked off, it sends a message of do not **** with us.

G-man
March 16, 2018, 08:53 PM
We're a drop in the bucket in the world of cricket. There's no winning in teaching anyone to not f with us...we can easily be replaced with an associate if need be...

mufi_02
March 16, 2018, 09:06 PM
We're a drop in the bucket in the world of cricket. There's no winning in teaching anyone to not f with us...we can easily be replaced with an associate if need be...

Umm after India, bd has the biggest market in world cricket. That’s why time and again bd hosts so many big tournaments. Bd companies even sponsors away tours (WI, SL, NZ). A drop in the bucket was relevant in 1995. It all changed after we hosted the mini World Cup in the late 90s. Where we didn’t even play.

Naimul_Hd
March 16, 2018, 09:22 PM
No way I can support Shakib's behaviour but I would not dismiss the fact that Shakib and oher players reaction had caused a break in SL momentum and made the bowler puzzled.

captain_thinking_tank
March 16, 2018, 10:35 PM
Since I know very little cricket than most of you, can someone please help me understand why walking out is acceptable from a serious business like the parliament but not from cricket or other sports?

mufi_02
March 16, 2018, 10:36 PM
No way I can support Shakib's behaviour but I would not dismiss the fact that Shakib and oher players reaction had caused a break in SL momentum and made the bowler puzzled.

I don't mind if thats all it takes to bring naimul bhai back to bc. biya koira amader ke purai bhuila gese. mone onek dukkho paisi...

Naimul_Hd
March 16, 2018, 10:56 PM
I don't mind if thats all it takes to bring naimul bhai back to bc. biya koira amader ke purai bhuila gese. mone onek dukkho paisi...

Lol...asholei. life ta purai packed hoye gese. Work, studies (CA), personal life milaite giye je tuku time pai tatey shudhu khela dekhai hoye, BC te aishe abar commentary o marbo...sheta ar hoye uthe na.

Jadukor
March 16, 2018, 11:14 PM
Good to see you NaimulHD... puran member ra majhe majhe ashley valo lagey

MarufH
March 16, 2018, 11:37 PM
I think Shakib was 100% right. We lost too many of these close games because of umpires mistakes. Ay captain, my captain. Loved the passion. Reminded me of all the close game pain. Reminded me of great Ganguly.

adamnsu
March 17, 2018, 01:32 AM
Since I know very little cricket than most of you, can someone please help me understand why walking out is acceptable from a serious business like the parliament but not from cricket or other sports?

Good question. The parliament is a place where issues are debated and despite there being winning and losing its not a game and more of a formality . Also attendance is not mandatory except for special circumstances. Small viewership of parliament. Not many sponsors or commercial advertisements. Also walk outs regularly occur and is common practice.

adamnsu
March 17, 2018, 01:37 AM
Some Indo Paks are having a get together on PP, elsewhere and trolling Bangladesh team, players and even the fans, a lot. Apparently the BD fans are ‘arrogant’ when we celebrate a win :lol:. For them even if we BD fans throw our hands in the air and say, ‘Yes!!! Come on!!’, it deems ‘arrogant’ ROFL

Some Pak fans have even called for us to be kicked out cricket fraternity as we bring shame to the game.

Those small group of scum forgot when their players were involved with betting scandals and the moment their country men nearly killed the Sri Lankan team. Now they can’t even hold a domestic competition like PSL in their home town.

mishu
March 17, 2018, 01:52 AM
No. Sri Lankans are our friends in cricket. We cannot damage our relationship over a t20 game and that too in a tournament celebrating their independence.

Lmaooo! If you want to make friends so happy, why play the game? Just forfeit even before it starts. No friendship during a game. Out side, for sure. Game has to be won by one team.

Jadukor
March 17, 2018, 01:54 AM
Lmaooo! If you want to make friends so happy, why play the game? Just forfeit even before it starts. No friendship during a game. Out side, for sure. Game has to be won by one team.

I hope you see the contradiction in your own post.

Hawk-Eye
March 17, 2018, 02:49 AM
No one is friend when you are playing for a win. In a competitive game wining hearts does not value a lot its the result that's count at the end.

Hawk-Eye
March 17, 2018, 02:56 AM
ফাইনালে উঠছে ধরেই নিয়েছিল শ্রীলঙ্কা!

শ্রীলঙ্কা ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (এসএলসি) কি তবে ধরেই নিয়েছিল, ভারতের সঙ্গে নিদাহাস ট্রফির ফাইনালে খেলবে শ্রীলঙ্কাই! বাংলাদেশের কোনো সুযোগ নেই ফাইনালে যাওয়ার! তাদের কর্মকাণ্ডে অন্তত তাই মনে হচ্ছে।

বিস্ময়কর হলেও সত্যি, আগামীকালের ফাইনাল উপলক্ষে প্রেসিডেন্ট বক্সের আমন্ত্রিত অতিথিদের যানবাহনের জন্য শ্রীলঙ্কা বোর্ড যে কার পাস ছেপেছে, তাতে ফাইনালের দুই দলের জায়গায় লেখা ‘ভারত বনাম শ্রীলঙ্কা।’ বিসিবি সভাপতি নাজমুল হাসানসহ প্রেসিডেন্ট বক্সের আমন্ত্রিত সব অতিথিকেই দেওয়া হয়েছে এই কার পাস। ফাইনালের জন্য ভারতের প্রতিপক্ষ নিশ্চিত হওয়ার আগেই শ্রীলঙ্কাকে ফাইনালিস্ট ধরে ছেপে ফেলা এই কার পাস দেখে বিস্মিত হয়েছেন সবাই।

Source (http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1451721/%E0%A6%AB%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%87%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%B2%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%89%E0%A6%A0%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%A7%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%87-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A7%9F%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%9B%E0%A 6%BF%E0%A6%B2-%E0%A6%B6%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0%E0%A7%80%E0%A6%B2%E0%A 6%99%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BE)

kalpurush
March 17, 2018, 04:22 AM

Sorry mate, I beg to disagree here! :)

Enough is enough.

Pls read the ESPNcricinfo article for details:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18547/report/1133822/sri-lanka-vs-bangladesh-6th-match-nidahas-trophy

How long Shak is playing International cricket? 10 + years?

All these years he and us has suffered from worse umpiring...And ICC did nothing about it. Shak has enough..so do I and many others...

Jadukor
March 17, 2018, 04:37 AM
Sorry mate, I beg to disagree here! :)

Enough is enough.

Pls read the ESPNcricinfo article for details:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18547/report/1133822/sri-lanka-vs-bangladesh-6th-match-nidahas-trophy

How long Shak is playing International cricket? 10 + years?

All these years he and us has suffered from worse umpiring...And ICC did nothing about it. Shak has enough..so do I and many others...

Plenty of teams suffer howlers from the umpires. Getting off the ground would have been an over reaction. There was still a chance to win at that point whereas getting off the ground would have meant a certain loss and permanent damage with Sri Lanka. We already have no relationship with PCB and this would have been a lose lose situation imo.

Jadukor
March 17, 2018, 04:39 AM
In the end we answered the best way possible which is by beating them fair and square on their own stadium

We should now formally complain to ICC about those 3 umpires

Yankees
March 17, 2018, 12:10 PM
Obviously we won so it doesn't matter. But having had a chance to sleep on it, here's my thoughts:

Consider this, had we lost that game, would ICC have apologized for the wrong call? Nope, who cares, it's only Bangladesh. And we would be left to lick our wounds after once again being a victim of bad umpiring. A no-ball would lead to a free hit, with only 11 needed off the last over. That changes the game completely.

So I would have supported Shakib. Atleast it would have sent a message that we won't put up with the ICC BS anymore. What would ICC do in response - ban Shakib for a few games and we forfeit a meaningless T20. Oh well. Far worse infractions have happened in the past.

oronnya
March 17, 2018, 12:32 PM
Completely agree !!! Shakib and co had .., he fought for a right cause ... the reaction might have been over the top but sometimes you need that just to send a message !!! That whole thing actually pumped Riyad !!! Shakib said sorry later for the so called cricket spirit so no reason to criticize him

tiger1000
March 17, 2018, 01:04 PM
Plenty of teams suffer howlers from the umpires. Getting off the ground would have been an over reaction. There was still a chance to win at that point whereas getting off the ground would have meant a certain loss and permanent damage with Sri Lanka. We already have no relationship with PCB and this would have been a lose lose situation imo.

Get your head out of the sand, other teams suffer howlers yes, but not over and over again, we've suffered bias for years, about time a captain had enough

Shingara
March 17, 2018, 01:28 PM
I support what Shakib did. Bad umpiring is unacceptable.

Jadukor
March 17, 2018, 01:45 PM
Get your head out of the sand, other teams suffer howlers yes, but not over and over again, we've suffered bias for years, about time a captain had enough

I have a different opinion. Thanks

tiger1000
March 17, 2018, 01:53 PM
I have a different opinion. Thanks

If your opinion is we've been treated as fairly as other teams, Your opinion is idiotic.

G-man
March 17, 2018, 07:20 PM
I support what Shakib did. Bad umpiring is unacceptable.

Bad umpiring is unacceptable yes..but there are correct and relevant channels to investigate and correct this. Forfeiting a game, is not one of those channels

oronnya
March 17, 2018, 08:42 PM
Bad umpiring is unacceptable yes..but there are correct and relevant channels to investigate and correct this. Forfeiting a game, is not one of those channels

All these logic doesn't come to your mind when you are facing the situation and trying everything to point out something wrong... definitely Shakib was not in his senses so he got angry and asked the team to come out off the field. Riyad took off his gloves too ... You and I can say all those nicey- dicey words but many of us actually don't know what we would have done if something like this happens with us. I was a debater and many a time I have seen team walking out when they thought that something is not right about the competition and that was never criticized. You compete to win and the participants have all the right to protest if something is wrong. Umpiring has been bad for a long time and we were at the receiving end. This time they just had enough, it's not because of just one incidence. When people like Gavaskar says that what Shakib did is wrong then you simply should stop caring about what other people are thinking. People will forget all these if BD becomes as strong as India someday. That's when the youngsters will look back and thank Shakib for all his arrogance, who created the platform for them to fight.

G-man
March 17, 2018, 09:31 PM
Lol "heat of the situation" shouldn't be passed off as the excuse. Oh sorry i forfeited a game...its was a heat of the moment thing no worries.

DinRaat.
March 17, 2018, 09:42 PM
Lol "heat of the situation" shouldn't be passed off as the excuse. Oh sorry i forfeited a game...its was a heat of the moment thing no worries.

As long as it falls within the code of conduct it's okay. :D

Jadukor
March 17, 2018, 10:08 PM
If your opinion is we've been treated as fairly as other teams, Your opinion is idiotic.

Okay bhai if that helps you sleep better. There is a final to be played so lets move on.