PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lanka fans lost their credibility

Kohli_Sox
March 17, 2018, 11:39 AM
Once SL fans had good reputation among sub continent but not anymore. I dont see how our players and fans disrespected them except Shakib calling the players after terribad decision by the umpires ( SL umpires case in point). SL fans for no reason started attacking BD fans and players. They are making mockery, insulting and what not. Cricket has a history of unique celebrations so 'nagin dance' is not something out of ordinary. SL fans are showing their true faces now. Starting from social medias to stadium, they are all over us. SHAME.

Night_wolf
March 17, 2018, 11:43 AM
like we are any better. all 4 (soon to be 5 when afg joins in) asian team fans takes this game way too seriously..its just a game not a war

aklemalp
March 17, 2018, 12:38 PM
like we are any better. all 4 (soon to be 5 when afg joins in) asian team fans takes this game way too seriously..its just a game not a war

Add Nepal to the list...they have to secured ODI status

al Furqaan
March 17, 2018, 03:01 PM
SL fans are still the best of the lot. They are a relatively educated and cultured group.

The other 4 teams fans are just jongli.

Mas_UK25
March 17, 2018, 04:35 PM
Sweet revenge by BD has hurt them real bad. It can get to some. Heck, some non SLians, BDians are hurt too...

Yankees
March 17, 2018, 08:54 PM
Once SL fans had good reputation among sub continent but not anymore. I dont see how our players and fans disrespected them except Shakib calling the players after terribad decision by the umpires ( SL umpires case in point). SL fans for no reason started attacking BD fans and players. They are making mockery, insulting and what not. Cricket has a history of unique celebrations so 'nagin dance' is not something out of ordinary. SL fans are showing their true faces now. Starting from social medias to stadium, they are all over us. SHAME.

bhai, are you Indian? Pakistani? Cause your post sure has that smell.

Lankans are SIGNIFICANTLY better than all their desi counterparts. And it has a lot to do with education. One of the most educated population on the planet. i don't doubt what you said isnt true, but mob mentality can take over anytime, particularly in sporting events. Happens everyday in US/UK. But by and large, Lankans are a class apart from the rest of desis.

DinRaat.
March 17, 2018, 09:16 PM
bhai, are you Indian? Pakistani? Cause your post sure has that smell.

Lankans are SIGNIFICANTLY better than all their desi counterparts. And it has a lot to do with education. One of the most educated population on the planet. i don't doubt what you said isnt true, but mob mentality can take over anytime, particularly in sporting events. Happens everyday in US/UK. But by and large, Lankans are a class apart from the rest of desis.

Yeah facts check out SL literacy rate is a whooping 92 per cent followed by India 74 per cent and Bangladesh 64 per cent.

godzilla
March 18, 2018, 03:27 AM
couple of morons should not be utilized to represent the whole community. Remember our stupid fan edition episodes? One had the audacity to even throw a brick at the WI bus and break the window, remember?

SL has the most timid fans out of the other aisan counterparts.

adamnsu
March 18, 2018, 05:09 AM
In general, these days younger fans are highly emotionally charged and cannot control them. It becomes hard that they will use any means to vent their frustrations towards their opponents.

You can see some of these people trolling on our forum too.

So targeting just Sr Lankans fans is quite unfair IMO.

Jadukor
March 18, 2018, 06:58 AM
In general, these days younger fans are highly emotionally charged and cannot control them. It becomes hard that they will use any means to vent their frustrations towards their opponents.

You can see some of these people trolling on our forum too.

So targeting just Sr Lankans fans is quite unfair IMO.

Same proportion classless morons exist in every country. So if you do the math 1% of 170 million (BD) vs 1% 1 Billion (Ind) vs 1% of 21 million (sri) then obviously Sri Lanka appears to be more well behaved. The morons are just less in number. When it comes to india just because of the sheer size of their 1% they seem to be everywhere.. from the pages of prothom alo online comments section to cricinfo to bc etc.

simon
March 18, 2018, 07:02 AM
Same proportion classless morons exist in every country. So if you do the math 1% of 170 million (BD) vs 1% 1 Billion (Ind) vs 1% of 21 million (sri) then obviously Sri Lanka appears to be more well behaved. The morons are just less in number. When it comes to india just because of the sheer size of their 1% they seem to be everywhere.. from the pages of prothom alo online comments section to cricinfo to bc etc.

true, but also because of the language barriere we don't know what these Lankans say..lol

Jadukor
March 18, 2018, 07:05 AM
true, but also because of the language barriere we don't know what these Lankans say..lol

Look other than Shade we had no sri lankan trolling us in BC in recent memory. Just watch how many sign up from india today if we lose.

simon
March 18, 2018, 07:07 AM
Look other than Shade we had no sri lankan trolling us in BC in recent memory. Just watch how many sign up from india today if we lose.

you are right, personnally I think Srilakan fans are the best in sub co.
even their players which is why I always supported Sril team.

Jadukor
March 18, 2018, 07:14 AM
you are right, personnally I think Srilakan fans are the best in sub co.
even their players which is why I always supported Sril team.

As i said before i believe it is just the perception we get because of the size of their 1%. 1 Shade out of 20 million is equivalent to 500 shades if you consider 1 billion. I believe this because some of my best friends are from India. We just attract the worst here in BC from the net sometimes

mufi_02
March 18, 2018, 07:18 AM
from the pages of prothom alo online comments section to cricinfo to bc etc.

I noticed that too recently. Bharotiyo troll gula re PA comment section e regular dekha jai. Eto time kemne je pai. It gets hilarious and cringeworthy.

Jadukor
March 18, 2018, 07:24 AM
I noticed that too recently. Bharotiyo troll gula re PA comment section e regular dekha jai. Eto time kemne je pai. It gets hilarious and cringeworthy.

Just too many.. if they were interested in football prottek club er page e 100ta thakto

jeesh
March 19, 2018, 06:47 AM
I think Sri Lankan fans just cant take it; that they ve been knocked out by Bangladesh in front of a capacity crowd-a team they comfortably beat in all formats a month ago-in Bangladesh's den.

Obviously we didnt make things better with Shakib's protest and breaking the dressing room door.

But i d still think they d hate us regardless of those incidents.

We ll see how much of love they retain for India, the next time they play against them.

bolero
March 19, 2018, 07:00 AM

I agree and this problem is with the subcontinent fans in varying degrees.

You will not see English or Australians behave like this.

We have to cut the emotion first, easy to say.

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 07:11 AM
You will not see English or Australians behave like this.

I think you have no idea what you talking about. Change the sports on what those guys are passionate about you will see...

You haven't I guess witnessed English hooligans yet in soccer... Swat team gets involved in those.

bolero
March 19, 2018, 07:18 AM
I think you have no idea what you talking about. Change the sports on what those guys are passionate about you will see...

You haven't I guess witnessed English hooligans yet in soccer... Swat team gets involved in those.

In soccer, yes. Not cricket.Hooligans are a pain and cause a law and order problem.

I don't see the English behave like subcontinent fans in cricket

Shaan
March 19, 2018, 07:39 AM
In soccer, yes. Not cricket.Hooligans are a pain and cause a law and order problem.

cause cricket is football craze for us and cricket is not football for English.
The craze of cricket is equal to craze of football for football crazy nations.
and I see already cricket hooliganism in internet of certain nation the behavior of their intent is they owe the cricket, wait you'll see it after five years in day light.

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 07:40 AM

because they are not as passionate or cafre about cricket as much. Teh key word is passion here. In subcontinent the main sport is cricket - and hence you get that.

anyways back to thread...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22830356/colombo-awash-massive-support-india

hahah.... this is called Lack of backbone. It took just a cobra dance to change their allegiance from lanka to India. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bangladshi cricket is a cult - they convert you.

Night_wolf
March 19, 2018, 07:53 AM
because they are not as passionate or cafre about cricket as much. Teh key word is passion here. In subcontinent the main sport is cricket - and hence you get that.

anyways back to thread...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22830356/colombo-awash-massive-support-india

hahah.... this is called Lack of backbone. It took just a cobra dance to change their allegiance from lanka to India. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bangladshi cricket is a cult - they convert you.

we unite people. India Pakistan will one day unite and start their cricketing relationship because of us!

Purbasha T
March 19, 2018, 08:01 AM
Why are they so unhappy I don't understand!

We beat them fair and square even after the umpire favoured them with those no-ball calls in the last over of that "semi-final"- if they were fair and had real sportsmanship, they'd have accepted that!

Shakib threatened to forfeit so that the issue of inconsistent umpiring against Bangladesh comes to the fore. He had the right cause at heart but of course could've gone about it in a more gamely fashion - but even still nothing against Sri Lanka there, they just happened to be the opposition in that game!

Nurul got in Thisara's face (although somewhat un-street-wisely) because he got pushed by an SL player (it was reported by Cricinfo as well).

Also a tight game like that of course you're gonna celebrate a bit wildly after you win (I personally wouldn't have but that's just me and my own way of doing things) - especially after the SL players and also the whole SL stadium were imitating it during the match!

If you can't take it, why dish out?

bolero
March 19, 2018, 08:10 AM
we unite people. India Pakistan will one day unite and start their cricketing relationship because of us!

Let's unite, not divide as you said.

At least no hostilities, pls.

Not sure about Pakistan but Jai Bharat, Joy Bangla.

TNAmrkFrmInd
March 19, 2018, 12:20 PM
Why are they so unhappy I don't understand!

We beat them fair and square even after the umpire favoured them with those no-ball calls in the last over of that "semi-final"- if they were fair and had real sportsmanship, they'd have accepted that!

Shakib threatened to forfeit so that the issue of inconsistent umpiring against Bangladesh comes to the fore. He had the right cause at heart but of course could've gone about it in a more gamely fashion - but even still nothing against Sri Lanka there, they just happened to be the opposition in that game!

Nurul got in Thisara's face (although somewhat un-street-wisely) because he got pushed by an SL player (it was reported by Cricinfo as well).

Also a tight game like that of course you're gonna celebrate a bit wildly after you win (I personally wouldn't have but that's just me and my own way of doing things) - especially after the SL players and also the whole SL stadium were imitating it during the match!

If you can't take it, why dish out?
Sri Lankans are subcontinental fans after all. Bangladesh doing the cobra dance after winning probably came off as arrogant and rubbing salt on the wounds of the Sri Lankan fans. It's the same reason they (and Bangladeshi fans) dislike Virat Kohli.

JoyBangla
March 19, 2018, 12:33 PM
I still don't understand why SL (or Ind for that matter) would feel bad on seeing the Cobra dance. It's just funny...but I guess some folks dont have same sense of humour.

aklemalp
March 19, 2018, 12:34 PM
I still don't understand why SL (or Ind for that matter) would feel bad on seeing the Cobra dance. It's just funny...but I guess some folks dont have same sense of humour.

Probably because they are used to Bangladesh being called the Tigers; and that they have moved away from that and changed into a Snake? :-/:-/

Yankees
March 19, 2018, 12:40 PM

If a team beats you at home during your own independence celebration, you are more likely to nitpick everything they do. Cobra dance is a good one to make fun of. Just let them be.

TNAmrkFrmInd
March 19, 2018, 01:20 PM
I think it kind of started from Mushfiqur Rahim's celebration when he chased down Sri Lanka's score in that first match. Looked like he was having a go at the bowler. It just snowballed from there and in the next game between the two sides, everyone at the stadium was either doing the cobra dance or the snake charmer gesture.

What happened that night only made matters worse.

kfirooz
March 19, 2018, 09:47 PM
I am Sri Lankan and I d like to add something very honestly and impartially. I don't think that there is any other who have been supporting Bangladesh cricket more than the Sri Lankan's. Of course outside of Bangladesh. Even though I did not like Bangladesh cricket much, I saw how much,almost every Lankan fan enjoyed your success. Whenever we lost to you it was hurtful but always with the understanding that "they are improving." In recent times our fans have come to realize that you guys are not just improving but a team that belongs in the top league and that we are no where near the team that we used to be. So there is no shame in losing to a better team.
Now let me tell you how this has turned upside down. Take me; I have been a close observer of Bangladesh cricket ever since Asia Cup 1997. Akhtar Ali khan won a lot of admirers here for a well made 70 odd runs in that tournament I remember. But I have been wary ever since I got to know how BCB sacked Gordon Greenidge for expressing his views on Bangladesh being not ready yet for test cricket.
We all know what followed and how Bangladesh entered test cricket for reasons other than cricket and the torture the players of early years were put through by an unmerciful and demanding management and fans. Actually they have sacrificed their honor for the rise of your cricket but you guys never seem to recognize that.
All of the above are just my thoughts on Bangladesh cricket.
Other Sri Lankan fans took pleasure in your improvement. However some events even though very brief put a distaste. The Mushfiqur Rahim incident where he pushed away a Sri Lankan batsman trying to check on a Bangladeshi close in fielder who was hit by a ball that he played. It was an act of sheer arrogance and South Asians don't do that.
Most Sri Lankan's accepted that there was an impiring blunder and it was not a scheme of sorts against Bangladesh. I think the players reacted too much.
Wild celebrations happen all the time but keep it to you. Making gestures at the audience is always offensive. Waving to them and bowing down are the kinds of gestures you make to the spectators. Not cobra gestures. The glass breaking incident was the last straw. Even though there is no proof against any player, we hear the said player has got away only because of a lack of video evidence. Most Sri Lankan's have held Bangladesh players in high esteem and this has shattered that image. Of course I do admit that them collectively supporting India too was a highly emotional reaction.
These are just my thoughts and an effort to present a different perspective with all due respect.
Thank you.

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 10:29 PM
Thank you for your thougths kfiroz. The only wrong thing from our side I saw was perhaps Nurul shouldn't have pointed his finger at the captain of the opposing team though he claims captain was foul cursing him constantly. Mahmudullah rightfully rebuked him on the spot - it was well caught. He got away lightly I think. And our management should have a word with him.

Apart from that - Shakib might have jestured to bring players out - But the fact is BD didn't pull out but played on. And he apologized later.

And that glass broken picture is just pure intentional negative image portrayed the lankan reporter - a desperate act to portray bd as bad when they failed to beat us on field twice.

THe srilanka supporting India was not surprising but rather expected at this time. And I loved it. Every single nagin gestures by players (ie flute gesture by sl), fans of either side.. I loved it.

The only thing that was missing from was Bangladesh couldn;t topple India unfortunately. And it would have been fitting had bangaldesh won - for one of the player (ie sabbir does it at home sometimes) to go point to the crowd with one hand and gesture to "be quiet" "shhh" with the other hand..

That would have set things on fire for some good rivalry between these two teams in future. We are living bangaldesh's cricketing history on its way up. and along the way if we can't make real enemies - we are not doing our job.

my opinion.

kfirooz
March 19, 2018, 10:37 PM
Respect your opinion. Bangladesh if not all cricketers should polish their communication and PR skills too. I can remember once a Bangladesh player calling and English player "ordinary' perhaps without understanding it's true meaning. That created quite a stir in the English press.

bolero
March 19, 2018, 10:59 PM
The issue is there are good and bad apples everywhere.We cannot generalise. And fans should remember this is a game after all.

Vahroone
March 19, 2018, 11:01 PM
Respect your opinion. Bangladesh if not all cricketers should polish their communication and PR skills too. I can remember once a Bangladesh player calling and English player "ordinary' perhaps without understanding it's true meaning. That created quite a stir in the English press.

That was Tamim Iqbal on the penultimate day of the test match vs Zimbabwe in 2011. Bangladesh were set a 350-odd target on Day 5 in this game - Zimambwe's comeback test after 8 years, mind you - and he came out and did a Sehwag but didn't follow through with the bat.

If he/they said some England-er was ordinary as well, I'm not aware of it.

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 11:07 PM
That was Tamim Iqbal on the penultimate day of the test match vs Zimbabwe in 2011. Bangladesh were set a 350-odd target on Day 5 in this game - Zimambwe's comeback test after 8 years, mind you - and he came out and did a Sehwag but didn't follow through with the bat.

If he/they said some England-er was ordinary as well, I'm not aware of it.

Tamim's brother Nafees Iqbal called English bowlers ordinary after he made 100 or something in a practice match. On field the England players taunted our players the whole series for that comment.

Some of you guys aren't aware of the abuse these guys get on the field by opposing teams and the crowd. You need a lot of mental toughness to do well in competetive sports. And then after they win , some nobody comes in and tells them how they should celebrate. GTFO!

kfirooz
March 19, 2018, 11:36 PM
Again, keep the celebrations, wild or not to your team like the Indians did after the final and if you are making a gesture to the gallery be sensitive. Because you don't understand all cultures. For Sri Lankans that was a sign of insult.
I stop on the subject at that and on Nafees Iqbal even then I felt he didn't truely understand the meaning of the word "ordinary". Again a case for choosing the right words or using your mother tongue if you are not comfortable with English.

abherath
March 20, 2018, 01:39 AM
What has happened is really sad. Sri Lanka and Bangladesh always have had great relations, as countries, government to government, among fans and players. I hope all could forget what happened last Friday and move on.

As a Sri Lankan fan, I am happy that Sri Lanka lost that match simply because there's no sense of satisfaction in winning after such an umpiring error in a crucial last over. If Sri Lanka won and went on to win the trophy I'd always have dwelt on that umpiring error.

However the behaviour by some players as the following pictures show has gone a long way in spoiling our excellent relations.

http://www.thepapare.com/wp-content/uploads/de64650b510a77a34082cb3d82b83c87.jpg
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/thumb/msid-63344056,width-400,resizemode-4/63344056.jpg
https://www.hindustantimes.com/rf/image_size_960x540/HT/p2/2018/03/17/Pictures/_1c4b48dc-29ab-11e8-933f-cd1ae5bb99b3.jpg

iDumb
March 20, 2018, 01:40 AM
Again, keep the celebrations, wild or not to your team like the Indians did after the final and if you are making a gesture to the gallery be sensitive. Because you don't understand all cultures. For Sri Lankans that was a sign of insult.
I==.
well I find it highly offensive and an insult that Srilanka in droves essentially played 12th man for a country they don't like in cricket and has cricketing history with in response to Bangladesh's defeat of them.

So it is appropriate for any gesture hurled at them. And shutting them at premadasa (in the final match) would have made the ultimate response and me very happy but as usual we messed up.

iDumb
March 20, 2018, 01:47 AM
again nurul hasans finger pointing (though in responsse - doesn't matter) at the CAPTAIN was the only error though a big one. I wouldn't take it nicely if a nobody bench player from opposition point finger at Shakib. But shakib may not have hurled expletives. but no excuse for that.

In my opinion Srilanka crowd DIDN"t have enough. No excuse for such utter vile display of indianism at the final just to get to us essentially given Indian team the best boost to elevate their fielding and later batting like nothing.....

Jadukor
March 20, 2018, 02:15 AM
Nurul was out of line and he was told as such by Ryad the senior player. But as i understand from the news reports, Nurul did not engage Thisara, he carried drinks on to the field and it was Thisara who engaged him with expletives and told him to gtfo the field. What is captured in the picture is nurul reacting to that.
Sri Lankan team and BD team have enjoyed friendly relations for as long as i can remember and i am sure things will get back to normal despite nosy indian trolls having heartburns over an incident that has nothing to do with them. There are facebook idiots on both sides making a big issue and spreading false narratives and the less we pay attention to those classless ppl the better

adamnsu
March 20, 2018, 03:15 AM
Good to see some mature Sri Lankan and Bangladeshi fans making some sense.

In the heat of the moment emotions run high especially during a close game.

Fans of both sides are throwing bouncers at each other which is also understandable due to what has transpired also things being made more spicy with trolls from other countries trying to put oil in the fire.

Let’s not try to belittle each other and finger point anymore. The tournament is over.

kfirooz
March 20, 2018, 03:21 AM
Yes and at the end of the day, cash-rich leagues will unite them all.

DinRaat.
March 20, 2018, 05:59 AM
Its like this....(analogy time), its like the number 69. You get what you give. Now some immature fans not like me obviously will think of this as a (intercourse position) but think about it rationally. analyse the 6 and the 9, its a fundamentally basic principle.

You get(9) what you give(6) therefore 69.

jeesh
March 20, 2018, 07:23 AM
Yes and at the end of the day, cash-rich leagues will unite them all.
Yep. Sri Lankan players need BPL, and i am pretty sure when SL organizes their T20 competition, quite a few of our guys will play there.

All will be forgotten amongst players.

Fans...not sure

NoName
March 20, 2018, 09:12 AM
If Nurul was abused for no reason while carrying drinks, then good on him for giving it back. Glad he isn't the putu putu type.

paindu
March 20, 2018, 09:30 AM
I suppose Bangladesh players have improved their credibility ?

One World
March 20, 2018, 10:32 AM
I would not mind if local clubs and BPL drag it down to a minimum participation, bid of Lankan players. No point boosting and helping their players financially after such ungrateful reactions.

adamnsu
March 20, 2018, 11:11 AM
I suppose Bangladesh players have improved their credibility ?

Yes they have! So smart of you to notice

kfirooz
March 20, 2018, 11:48 AM
http://island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=181734

The writer is credible

JoyBangla
March 20, 2018, 12:03 PM
BD cricket team must be given due respect by all opponents; they are no pushovers any more. And it has been quite some time since they have proved the same.
Some rabid fans of all the other subcontinental teams (Ind, Pak, SL) find some perverse pleasure in mocking BD cricket. Irony is they justify their perversion as being targeted against BD cricket fans...not realizing how it reflects on themselves.

I do feel the majority of fans of all the countries are far more large hearted and sporting.

One World
March 20, 2018, 12:51 PM
http://island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=181734

The writer is credible

This is the most pathetic investigative article I have ever read, no doubt like their team this kind of media works as a stalwart for that below par history of civil rights violation. Even during the tourney there was riot going on in most cities and pockets in and around the island.

If anything this reporter should be put into custody for using such derogatory remarks against our players. Did he forget how much money every year their players earn from our leagues? Can he come to the conclusion that from this point SLC will not send their players to play in our leagues? I think such disrespect needs to be pointed out and the exact same thing happened during that game. This kind of cry baby articles makes that incapable disruptive nature of Srilanka players more viable only.

Now, he is mentioning a caterer. Was the caterer native? Was he from India? Which team was he supporting? How much education does he have or how much credibility can we put on him as an eye witness of an incident of such importance? What if he or one of his colleagues did it mistakenly while serving food or drink and now trying to cover it up?

Another poor replication of how they were serving as host.

One World
March 20, 2018, 12:52 PM
BD cricket team must be given due respect by all opponents; they are no pushovers any more. And it has been quite some time since they have proved the same.
Some rabid fans of all the other subcontinental teams (Ind, Pak, SL) find some perverse pleasure in mocking BD cricket. Irony is they justify their perversion as being targeted against BD cricket fans...not realizing how it reflects on themselves.

I do feel the majority of fans of all the countries are far more large hearted and sporting.

Wonderful post! I wish everybody carried such empathical sense of yours. :up:

adamnsu
March 20, 2018, 01:41 PM
The recent discussions I have with English colleagues one of whom is an MCC member and English cricket fans, is Bangladesh is a decent squad and play decent cricket. They in particular like Tamim tbh over Shakib for his flamboyant batting. 8/9 years ago the tune was much different before.

There are some media journalists who write off Bangladesh. You should see the backlash the English would say in those articles.

So in UK I have seen some changes.

TBH even the British born Bangladeshis now take more interest when Bangladesh play.

Heard the commentary when Fizz came to play in his first match. The commies just kept on talking about him.

One World
March 20, 2018, 02:43 PM
The recent discussions I have with English colleagues one of whom is an MCC member and English cricket fans, is Bangladesh is a decent squad and play decent cricket. They in particular like Tamim tbh over Shakib for his flamboyant batting. 8/9 years ago the tune was much different before.

There are some media journalists who write off Bangladesh. You should see the backlash the English would say in those articles.

TBH even the British born Bangladeshis now take more interest when Bangladesh play.

Heard the commentary when Fizz came to play in his first match. The commies just kept on talking about him.

Very nice.

Also next time ask them to check Lords leader-board. We have two names proudly etched their for good.

iDumb
March 20, 2018, 02:49 PM
Agree with one world. That article is an utter disgrace and such distastefull.. calling us names. Who the f is he to make jdugment. you are a report.. report the news. If it's an opinion piece write it's an opnion peace and make sure it's ok for world wide consumption and not a third class post in a public forum like ours.

I didn't see a single report by the SL media when their confused/loss of identity fans abused our iconic fan . Where is that report??

92% literacy rate but write worse than illiterates... can't pen even a decent article without showing their true emotion/color.

Bharatfan
March 20, 2018, 03:04 PM
There's a great rivalry brewing here. BD vs SL. They both can spring a surprise on their day. It's natural the fans take their rivalry to the next level. After a few results in the last 3 years, instead of Dhoni's you will see Mendis' head in some BD players' hand. Loved all the BD vs SL games in the Nidahas

adamnsu
March 20, 2018, 04:38 PM
Very nice.

Also next time ask them to check Lords leader-board. We have two names proudly etched their for good.

I don’t think that’s a good idea as it sounds cocky to ask someone to look out for Bangladeshi names.

I haven’t been to Lords myself though. When I do I will have a look.

adamnsu
March 20, 2018, 04:46 PM
If you thinks Clementine’s article was nasty you haven’t read articles by some New Zealand sports writer. The articles include things that highlight even the country in a poor light.

Oh well one stupid writer from the Island who is obviously writing crap to keep his readers happy. It’s all garbage and poorly written.

One World
March 20, 2018, 08:23 PM
I don’t think that’s a good idea as it sounds cocky to ask someone to look out for Bangladeshi names.

I haven’t been to Lords myself though. When I do I will have a look.

I wonder if that is the right mindset to feel oneself cocky while defending baseless mockery although your situation might be different.

adamnsu
March 20, 2018, 08:26 PM
I wonder if that is the right mindset to feel oneself cocky while defending baseless mockery although your situation might be different.

I never mentioned I was being mocked so my situation was indeed different.

Shade
March 21, 2018, 02:31 AM
Seriously!

For Christ sake this trophy means nothing. And Shakib to go to next level over a no ball speaks volumes to his capacity as a leader.

Whatever happened Bangladesh lost the respect of the average Sri Lankan fan.

Shade
March 21, 2018, 02:36 AM

Pakistan, Sri Lanka has weakened teams due to retirements. That has allowed BD to be competitive. And credit to BD for that.

But forgive us if we do not regard you the next world cup winner. For you are not.

JoyBangla
March 21, 2018, 03:21 AM
Pakistan, Sri Lanka has weakened teams due to retirements. That has allowed BD to be competitive. And credit to BD for that.

But forgive us if we do not regard you the next world cup winner. For you are not.

I am an Indian btw.
Yes, it may appear hard to imagine BD as ODI WC winners; but they have potential to win the cup.

On a different note, what fun would there be if we always 'knew' the outcome of sport? Isn't that the reason why cricket (in particular) is thrilling?

Jadukor
March 21, 2018, 04:50 AM

Wow my predictions.. top-notch

DinRaat.
March 21, 2018, 04:52 AM
Some of the trolls here honestly are a disgrace to the art of trolling.

adamnsu
March 21, 2018, 05:08 AM
The trolls are on a roll.......

They all ridin dirty...........:D

iDumb
March 21, 2018, 09:41 AM

you guys are not really high on the respect list either with your media onslaught about a broken door and our celebration and ultimately giving India a 12th man boost.

Look at the posts in the beginning of the thread, all talking positively of Lanka fans till you start showing more and more of you. In fact ultimately showing lack of self respect turning premadasa to wankhede stadium.

What is so wrong about the celebration? the underlying problem is you can't swallow the back to back defeat. Had you won - none of these broken door, nagin dance how it's ??offensive would have made headlines there. Instead you would move on to talk about your anomosity with india.

And you would see our press and people talk about that no ball non constant. but we are not doing that now because result went our way. That is the natural course of events.

So harping on and on about our playere and fans and how you lost respects reflects very poorly on you because that shows you are analyzing the events emotionally and not with clear head.

One of the sri lankan reporter wrote some senior official warned that Bangladeshi behavior will turn for worse.. if it's true I can guess who that senior traitor might be. This is the type of text that made on to your news paper.

jeesh
March 21, 2018, 10:15 AM
Seriously!

For Christ sake this trophy means nothing. And Shakib to go to next level over a no ball speaks volumes to his capacity as a leader.

Not average, i think almost all Sri Lankan fans. And i dont think its the snake dance or the broken door. Its just that they cant accept the defeats-and the manner. They thought finally, Hathu will turn things around, then you get knocked out in the hands of a team you beat a month ago.

But will your lack of support make a difference to Bangladesh or their fans? Nope. More to lose for SL in this.

And i can assure you-while your fans are making memes trolling our team, your players will very soon make truce, if they want to play in BPL-and quite a lot of them including Thisira will.

One World
March 21, 2018, 10:23 AM
..and still we are feeding Champaka and Gamini and many others with handsome monthly remunerations. Those islanders totally proven their ungrateful nonsensical mentality. I am glad that it got unleashed.

Rifat
March 21, 2018, 10:48 AM

Of Course, The English players and fans should know a great deal about Tamim Iqbal. haha

jeesh
March 21, 2018, 10:56 AM
..and still we are feeding Champaka and Gamini and many others with handsome monthly remunerations. Those islanders totally proven their ungrateful nonsensical mentality. I am glad that it got unleashed.
To be frank, having lived here for the last ten years i learned that particularly the new generation-they need an enemy to be content in life. Which is why despite the end of 30 years civil war, there is still so much of ethnic conflict which led a social media blackout for nearly a week+state of emergency. Not too long ago the headlines were about fighting private university education.

And when they re tired of trying to pick up fights each other, now they have found a new enemy in the Bangladesh cricket team.

At least i am glad something has united them. A nobel peace prize to Shakib and his team

Night_wolf
March 21, 2018, 11:22 AM
Not average, i think almost all Sri Lankan fans. And i dont think its the snake dance or the broken door. Its just that they cant accept the defeats-and the manner. They thought finally, Hathu will turn things around, then you get knocked out in the hands of a team you beat a month ago.

But will your lack of support make a difference to Bangladesh or their fans? Nope. More to lose for SL in this.

And i can assure you-while your fans are making memes trolling our team, your players will very soon make truce, if they want to play in BPL-and quite a lot of them including Thisira will.

the manners I get it. this was a team SL used to beat left right and center with their legends and its hard to digest this team doing cobra in front of you and the aura you had over them going out.

what I dont understand is how you can not accept the defeat. after everything cools down SL needs to look at their team, they are not the al mighty team with likes of murali,vass,malinga,sanga etc anymore. Haturi is not a magician who will make Kushal perera into jaysuria or akila into murali overnight. SL needs to look at BD and see this team is good enough to beat them, just because you beat them couple of months ago doesn't mean that this team is going to roll over in SL.

with current SL team and current BD team there is no shame for SL in losing to BD. SL is not as strong as IND/AUS/ENG etc that losing to BD will mean hell has frozen over. any sane SL fan will agree to that

Night_wolf
March 21, 2018, 11:25 AM
To be frank, having lived here for the last ten years i learned that particularly the new generation-they need an enemy to be content in life. Which is why despite the end of 30 years civil war, there is still so much of ethnic conflict which led a social media blackout for nearly a week+state of emergency. Not too long ago the headlines were about fighting private university education.

And when they re tired of trying to pick up fights each other, now they have found a new enemy in the Bangladesh cricket team.

At least i am glad something has united them. A nobel peace prize to Shakib and his team

what can I say..we are uniters..we made the unthinkable happen:-Indian crowd cheering for Pakistan

bolero
March 21, 2018, 11:56 AM
From an Indian perspective, I am not sure either Bangladesh or Sri Lanka is hated.There is rivalry on cricket field, yes, but by and large both countries are seen as friendly neighbours by India. But there is a diametrically different view on Pakistan, it is seen as war by other means.It is not that Indians hate Pakistani people, but the Pakistan establishment which is seen to support terror. It is not for nothing that 3 countries, India, Bangladesh and Afghanistan hinted at Pakistan, without directly naming it as the source for terror in UN General Assembly. If 1 country is saying this, we may say it has an agenda. If 3 countries have the same opinion, there is a problem with the country concerned.

adamnsu
March 21, 2018, 01:01 PM
From an Indian perspective, I am not sure either Bangladesh or Sri Lanka is hated.There is rivalry on cricket field, yes, but by and large both countries are seen as friendly neighbours by India. But there is a diametrically different view on Pakistan, it is seen as war by other means.It is not that Indians hate Pakistani people, but the Pakistan establishment which is seen to support terror. It is not for nothing that 3 countries, India, Bangladesh and Afghanistan hinted at Pakistan, without directly naming it as the source for terror in UN General Assembly. If 1 country is saying this, we may say it has an agenda. If 3 countries have the same opinion, there is a problem with the country concerned.

Tbh I also feel on and off the field BD Ind SL people get along in general. It is due to the media and certain immature dim witted individuals who are internet warriors to start cooking up hate and escalate things.

Good to see a mature Indian put it out nicely!

adamnsu
March 21, 2018, 01:06 PM
All my Indian friends would rather not follow cricket than to support Pakistan. But again a small sub set.

Indians and Pakistanis hate relationship is greater than the Eng and Aus rivalry on a cricket field. But perhaps the younger generation might be different. Who knows and who cares.

End of the day it’s a game

tejkuni
March 21, 2018, 04:21 PM

The writer is credible

I think the writer will loose credibility after this article. He did not mention ICC's findings and to be fair he did not contact Shakib for his side of the story.

Even if Shakib did it, the key question is, did he do that intentionally or it was an accident?

Now about the Nagin dance at end by a group of BD players, I do not think it was done to insult the SL fans. It was done out of excitement and joy. They certainly have gone over the board. The amount of reaction by the SL fans are also out of proportion, not normal.

Hopefully everything will be okay, otherwise it will be a loose-loose situation.

bolero
March 21, 2018, 10:25 PM
Tbh I also feel on and off the field BD Ind SL people get along in general. It is due to the media and certain immature dim witted individuals who are internet warriors to start cooking up hate and escalate things.

Good to see a mature Indian put it out nicely!

Thanks.

JoyBangla
March 21, 2018, 11:33 PM
Thanks.

I don't think Ind-Pak cricketing encounters will lose their edge any time soon. By and large both sides have a way of tying cricket to their historical narrative.
One can also say that about Pak and BD; however there is a big difference between Ind-Pak and Pak-BD relations that spillover on the cricket field.
The difference is this that Ind-Pak continue to fight political and shadow wars, instigated by Pak nearly all of the time.
Pak-BD do not have such fights on a day to day basis; hence it is not unexpected that history notwithstanding cricket encounters between these two countries are seen as just that. Having said all that and as an Indian (and a Bengali) I am sometimes confused by a certain level of denial of a BD cricket fan towards Pak atrocities during founding of the country. Maybe it is good to move on, but there is a difference between moving on and denial.

Yankees
March 21, 2018, 11:38 PM
I don't think Ind-Pak cricketing encounters will lose their edge any time soon. By and large both sides have a way of tying cricket to their historical narrative.
One can also say that about Pak and BD; however there is a big difference between Ind-Pak and Pak-BD relations that spillover on the cricket field.
The difference is this that Ind-Pak continue to fight political and shadow wars, instigated by Pak nearly all of the time.
Pak-BD do not have such fights on a day to day basis; hence it is not unexpected that history notwithstanding cricket encounters between these two countries are seen as just that. Having said all that and as an Indian (and a Bengali) I am sometimes confused by a certain level of denial of a BD cricket fan towards Pak atrocities during founding of the country. Maybe it is good to move on, but there is a difference between moving on and denial.

Denial? huh? First I've heard of it. Please clarify.

Agree with your other points.

Vahroone
March 22, 2018, 12:31 AM
All my Indian friends would rather not follow cricket than to support Pakistan. But again a small sub set.

I'd support Pakistan if it's for the greater good. I remember back in 2011/12 I despised England so I gunned for Pakistan and was delighted with the 3-0 whitewash that they inflicted in the UAE.

Likewise, Pakistan vs Bangladesh nearly all the time. At least Indian and Pakistani fans operate on a similar wavelength.

bolero
March 22, 2018, 01:39 AM

What the Pakistan Army had done to Bangladeshis in 1971 is nothing short of a holocaust.As a Bengali, you must be aware of that.India had no option but to support Mukti Bahini as India could not absorb so many million refugees escaping mass murder.

Although we have moved on as you rightly said, we can't be in denial.

Night_wolf
March 22, 2018, 02:15 AM

not surprising. there were Bangladeshies themselves supporting pakistan in 1971 and did not want Bangladesh. their kids run among us now, so you will see these kind of people everywhere, even in this forum, they are Bangladeshis on paper but I treat them as Pakistanis. Their fore fathers had name for themselves "al bodor" "al shames" "rajakar". all of these words have become insulting words in bangla vocabulary, straight banglay jake bole gali.

adamnsu
March 22, 2018, 03:59 AM
What the Pakistan Army had done to Bangladeshis in 1971 is nothing short of a holocaust.As a Bengali, you must be aware of that.India had no option but to support Mukti Bahini as India could not absorb so many million refugees escaping mass murder.

Although we have moved on as you rightly said, we can't be in denial.

As important as to stop the influx of refugees, there was also a huge political implication as well.

DinRaat.
March 22, 2018, 06:53 AM
not surprising. there were Bangladeshies themselves supporting pakistan in 1971 and did not want Bangladesh. their kids run among us now, so you will see these kind of people everywhere, even in this forum, they are Bangladeshis on paper but I treat them as Pakistanis. Their fore fathers had name for themselves "al bodor" "al shames" "rajakar". all of these words have become insulting words in bangla vocabulary, straight banglay jake bole gali.

A neutral perspective here.

Time is the greatest cure, time heals. Will time eventually heal the relationship between Pakistan and B.D when the old generation die, maybe we can forgive them for their atrocities.

Just saying. What do you think, will it happen.

Night_wolf
March 22, 2018, 07:06 AM
A neutral perspective here.

Time is the greatest cure, time heals. Will time eventually heal the relationship between Pakistan and B.D when the old generation die, maybe we can forgive them for their atrocities.

Just saying. What do you think, will it happen.

Brother I am not from the 1971 generation..I was born way after that. do you think I have any scars from 1971? yet do you see me forgive Pakistan?

Just learn the history of what happened during that time, that is not related to any older generation or younger generation. its related to every Bangladeshi, born before 1971 or in 2018

Pakistan after all these years dont even acknowledge what they did, dont even ask for forgiveness and say lets bygones be bygones..and you what to forgive those piece of junks?..just google what happened in 1971 and see the horrifying pictures, I think you know the history by just bits and pieces and never researched the true story

adamnsu
March 22, 2018, 07:20 AM
Pakistan after all these years dont even acknowledge what they did, dont even ask for forgiveness and say lets bygones be bygones..and you what to forgive those piece of junks?..just google what happened in 1971 and see the horrifying pictures, I think you know the history by just bits and pieces and never researched the true story

Most Pakistanis that bring up this 71 discussion and probe the views with me think why Bangladeshis wanted to leave. Some actually can not handle the truth and accuse me that things like 21 Feb or Operation search light never happened and are lies.

Pakistan has been teaching their youth by their education system that their army forces were innocent in the whole process and no wrong doing was from there side at all.

I dont think Pakistanis young or old will never properly man up to their past mistakes as they have ensured this cycle goes on.

Their parliament expressed extreme disappointment every time BD execute a person responsible for murders, calling them "friends".

The media personalities also dont help. Some of you may have seen that Bangladeshis are portrayed as dark skinned fish eating people.

That being said, I am never rude to a Pakistani and help them without hesitation. However I will never support their sports team or country.

Yankees
March 22, 2018, 12:58 PM
People act like 1971 is history. It's not. Both my parents are older than 1971. Let that sink in. Both my parents are older than Bangladesh itself and were refugees of a genocide. And that's true for many of you. That's barely history, more like the present. It's way too soon to be talking about forgive and forget. Until Pakistan formally apologizes, there should be no forgiving from our part.

JoyBangla
March 22, 2018, 01:19 PM
I am sorry; did not wish to initiate discussions on this painful subject. I think denial was an incorrect word; maybe casual approach would be more apt. In any case, just wish strength for BD.

Mas_UK25
March 22, 2018, 08:50 PM
Thread gone south...

G-man
March 22, 2018, 09:11 PM
sri lankan fans to bd independence.

dam that's something.