PDA

View Full Version : I need therapy

mufi_02
March 18, 2018, 12:14 PM
to calm the f down..

my voices are gone. yelling at rubel. yelling at computer screen. I need a BC group hug to calm me down. this is too much to handle.

another heartbreak! another last ball heart freaking break.

congrats india though.

Jadukor
March 18, 2018, 12:18 PM
Dinesh Karthik played like a boss. To come in and smack 6,4,6 in the first 3 balls.. thats just too good. We are pushing india but not quite good enough. I hope we dont have to face India anytime soon. It is always very painful.

Night_wolf
March 18, 2018, 12:18 PM
I almost had a heart attack. my fingers heart from clapping in that fizz over and Rubel bodai ruined one of the greatest overs in defending history

I also need a group hug

mufi_02
March 18, 2018, 12:21 PM
I am trying to find some positive to help me go through the rest of the day..but there is none.

it will haunt me. for a very long time.

Rinathq
March 18, 2018, 12:23 PM
Nah.. winning it would've required a therapy for me. With Soumya bowling the last and only 12 to defend..I knew the game was over.. just happened later then expected.

Jadukor
March 18, 2018, 12:26 PM
Heart Broken but I can deal with this better than what happened in Bangalore. We are even with Sri Lanka right now but India is still 2 levels above us

Jadukor
March 18, 2018, 12:29 PM
Group hug guys.. we need to invite zimbabwe for a 12 match series

WarWolf
March 18, 2018, 12:31 PM
I can think of only one therapy now. Slapping Rubel hard.

Yankees
March 18, 2018, 12:33 PM
I am trying to find some positive to help me go through the rest of the day..but there is none.

it will haunt me. for a very long time.

Here are some positives for you if you want:

would you rather this or a game that's over in the 14th over? Our boys fought back after a crap batting show. Rohit the hitman was blasting away to a easy 100, and we made a game of it.

That last over from Fizz was one of the best under-pressure performance from a Bangladeshi I've seen.

It's a meaningless trophy and we made the Indians take a lap of honor, with Shrastri waddling down the pitch.

We beat the Lankans so bad, their fans became Indian.

I'm proud of the way the boys fought that second innings. heck, I'm proud of the way they performed this whole series.

Roey Haque
March 18, 2018, 12:34 PM
Don't feel bad. When it's that close with a team on the decline like us, it just means we need new players to get over this hump. This is ABSOLUTELY the best we can do with this current crop. We need to find one or two more Shakibs, to totally obliterate small margins like the one's today.

Night_wolf
March 18, 2018, 12:34 PM

hahaha this made my day, thanks yankees!

mufi_02
March 18, 2018, 12:37 PM

I'm proud of the way the boys fought that second innings. heck, I'm proud of the way they performed this whole series.

:lol::lol::lol:

that will be my new way to describe lankans. too good.

Night_wolf
March 18, 2018, 12:40 PM
Don't feel bad. When it's that close with a team on the decline like us, it just means we need new players to get over this hump. This is ABSOLUTELY the best we can do with this current crop. We need to find one or two more Shakibs, to totally obliterate small margins like the one's today.

and India needs two more virats and they will be unbeatable. Bhai players like shakib dont grow on trees. we will not find two more shakibs while the current shakib is playing. we need utility players who can support the likes of shakib. so far the youngsters are way to hit and miss

paindu
March 18, 2018, 12:45 PM
It was golden opportunity certainly. It was a weak Indian side, some of whom clearly will never play for India again.

But lot’s of positives too. Bangladesh will be a force in tine.

simon
March 18, 2018, 12:50 PM
Therapy lagbey na
Obbhash hoya gesey

Navo
March 18, 2018, 12:51 PM
and India needs two more virats and they will be unbeatable. Bhai players like shakib dont grow on trees. we will not find two more shakibs while the current shakib is playing. we need utility players who can support the likes of shakib. so far the youngsters are way to hit and miss

Miraz batted well today and Soumya was not bad under pressure. I wonder if they could have given an over or two to Riyad, he bowled earlier on in the tournament didn't he?

Jadukor
March 18, 2018, 12:53 PM
Bhai players like shakib dont grow on trees.

Clearly you haven't been to roey's backyard garden. He is growing some Shakibs as we speak.

oronnya
March 18, 2018, 12:57 PM
Don't be upset bhaia. Heartbroken yes but to be honest never expected BD to win against IND. I am mad but trying to think about some of the positives like Mustafiz's brilliant over and some of the great over in the middle. Maybe we can be happy that we made a game out of this. Shakib and co. did everything to defend a sub-par total of 166. That's great! Our current team is not so good to beat teams like IND so easily. We don't have a venomous bowler or a clean hitter for T20. So maybe we can just accept the outcome and move on.

I am actually more worried about the talents that are coming out of the pipeline. Not a single one (except Momin) is talented or extraordinary. Tamim-Shakib-Mushy all made noise in their early year and didn't something extraordinary. Don't see such talent coming out. Also, we need a passionate coach like Siddons who will prepare at least 2 or 3 players to become their best. We need to talk about those issues more I guess now.

mufi_02
March 18, 2018, 12:57 PM
Miraz batted well today and Soumya was not bad under pressure. I wonder if they could have given an over or two to Riyad, he bowled earlier on in the tournament didn't he?

yeah so many could have should have will circle my head as I shower. have lunch. drive into oblivion. jodi eita hoito sheita hoito.

but we lost..

Mas_UK25
March 18, 2018, 01:02 PM
Pain went out when rubel gave 22runs. Last over didnt hurt at all...

mufi_02
March 18, 2018, 01:06 PM
WC bangalore loss OR Nidahas final?

for me it was the WC.

if I can get through that, inShallah I will be able to get through this as well.

Night_wolf
March 18, 2018, 01:08 PM
WC bangalore loss OR Nidahas final?

for me it was the WC.

if I can get through that, inShallah I will be able to get through this as well.

how can you forget about the 2012 asia cup you nisthur banda

mufi_02
March 18, 2018, 01:11 PM
^I was thinking about against India. but yes 2012 tops the list.

I went to bathroom and cried. at least this time I am not crying.

mufi_02
March 18, 2018, 01:13 PM
so all hope is not lost. I have an indian coworker who I regularly flirt with. She texted and said she feels bad for me and will take me out to lunch next week.

thank you rubel :D

Night_wolf
March 18, 2018, 01:13 PM
^I was thinking about against India. but yes 2012 tops the list.

I went to bathroom and cried. at least this time I am not crying.

yeah I broke my hand punching the floor in that match. that was too against Pakistan

comparing to that, these loses are dud vat

al Furqaan
March 18, 2018, 01:21 PM
Bad loss, but just like Bangalore, its unimportant.

In 2014 we let Binny run riot, but the next year dispatched Umesh, Shami, Mohit and others.

What is more important is fixing the side for the Asia Cup and the World Cup next year. And making sure FIzz is fit for all Test cricket we play. We can be a force in Test cricket at home, but we need the right type of surface for each specific opponent.

We also need to develop our bench strenght with A team cricket.

We can't consistently compete with even a 3rd string Indian team. People need to realize they have 7 times the population and 2 or 3x the per capita $$$ that we have. We should not be competing even with their 10th string side.

Main short term goals:

1) Get to the Asia Cup final vs India. Anything can happen after that.
2) Prepare to win 4-5 games at the next WC and at least have a mathematial shot at the semis until the final few rounds of group matches.
3) get some A team cricket in

BD_TigerZ
March 18, 2018, 01:23 PM
yeah I broke my hand punching the floor in that match. that was too against Pakistan

comparing to that, these loses are dud vat

Exactly.. I'm numb now. Experienced much worse, supporting chokers in other fields of sports also numbs it.. (Arsenal)

MHRAM
March 18, 2018, 01:27 PM
Don't be sad- nonsense from others

Are we going to be happy with coming 2nd. Est ?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

adamnsu
March 18, 2018, 01:30 PM
Will therapy get us a trophy?

simon
March 18, 2018, 01:34 PM
The most painful was the Asia cup.final to.Pakistan.
Then the Bengaluru.
Todays one is less painful because beforz this tournament we did not think we will reach final.

Mas_UK25
March 18, 2018, 01:42 PM
Exactly.. I'm numb now. Experienced much worse, supporting chokers in other fields of sports also numbs it.. (Arsenal)

Wenger out... lol

Mas_UK25
March 18, 2018, 01:46 PM
Mufi your too emotional pal.. need to let it be. After 2013/13 PL season where Liverpool missed winning the PL, I don’t feel pain at all, anymore. Especially after 2016 World T20.

When a part timer bowls last over 12runs to get. It was always unlikely he will defend it. And it’s not his fault at all. I don’t blame SS one bit. But for me main culprit was Rubel. Yes, yes he bowled superb for the first 3 - but, surely must’ve been able to concede less than 18runs??? Lots of runs to play with, he gave away 22runs!!! Another 4runs from it would’ve made the difference. 16runs last over, Sarkar could’ve pulled it off!

Shingara
March 18, 2018, 01:51 PM
I knew we couldn't win. I had a feeling that we would screw up in the last ball. And, that's what we did. We gave away a 6! We just don't have the mentality to squeeze the opponent.

Shingara
March 18, 2018, 01:52 PM
Why didn't Riyad bowl ? Did Shakib forget about him ? He could have done better than Apu or Miraz.

Mas_UK25
March 18, 2018, 01:55 PM
I knew we couldn't win. I had a feeling that we would screw up in the last ball. And, that's what we did. We gave away a 6! We just don't have the mentality to squeeze the opponent.

Mentality. Is the key, especially such situations/moments of the game, in a big game.

BD needs a proper quality psychologist.

Roey Haque
March 18, 2018, 04:08 PM

Nothing gets you success quicker than talents! I want to see us get over these humps. Are you suggesting we change nothing and just tell the current bunch to keep practicing? Right now our best is not good enough. Especially when they come with so much baggage like Rahim. If we can improve our best right now, that sets a new benchmark for youngsters to emulate.

iDumb
March 18, 2018, 06:25 PM
I am actually more worried about the talents that are coming out of the pipeline. Not a single one (except Momin) is talented or extraordinary. Tamim-Shakib-Mushy all made noise in their early year and didn't something extraordinary. Don't see such talent coming out. Also, we need a passionate coach like Siddons who will prepare at least 2 or 3 players to become their best. We need to talk about those issues more I guess now.

very well put. Future is concerning for me as well... current team has been many years in the making. And we just starting to be competetive. Our benchc strength is non existence.

DinRaat.
March 18, 2018, 06:26 PM
Sabbir Rahman is talented.

mufi_02
March 18, 2018, 06:37 PM
Mufi your too emotional pal.. need to let it be. After 2013/13 PL season where Liverpool missed winning the PL, I don’t feel pain at all, anymore. Especially after 2016 World T20.

you are a liverpool fan? nice to see another reds fan. you are right..we will never walk alone.

man city QF draw is very interesting. can't wait for that.

anyway done with cricket. enough for now. need a hiatus. until some next big games fellas! gotta work on my himu novel.

let's bleed green and red.

oronnya
March 18, 2018, 07:32 PM
very well put. Future is concerning for me as well... current team has been many years in the making. And we just starting to be competetive. Our benchc strength is non existence.

It's surprising that with so many idols from the country to follow and with so many improved facilities we are simply not getting any talented or smarter cricketer. People like Nasir, Sabbir, Soummyo, Miraz showed so much promise at the beginning but all faded away with time where it should have been opposite. We simply don't have players to fill in the shoes of Mash, Tamim, Shakib, Mushy or even Riyad. That's depressing!

Mas_UK25
March 18, 2018, 07:49 PM
Consistency. Is what lacking from these talented but been ‘very’ hit of nothing group of players; Soumya, Sabbir, Liton.

Not asking them to score every game. Least to it bit more consistently, do it every other game, but do put something of a little contribution even when your not at your best, in T20s every contribution could help. A 9ball 20 from Sarkar could’ve been highly useful this final match, or from Das. Sabbir came well this game but its his first 50 in ages and it doesn’t mean his back to form and nothing went wrong before.

Lots of things to work on. These are talented bunch, stroke players, have the shorts and power. They need to understand that they have to take more responsibility and play good cricketing stuffs and take the team forward.

Jadukor
March 19, 2018, 05:02 AM
It's surprising that with so many idols from the country to follow and with so many improved facilities we are simply not getting any talented or smarter cricketer. People like Nasir, Sabbir, Soummyo, Miraz showed so much promise at the beginning but all faded away with time where it should have been opposite. We simply don't have players to fill in the shoes of Mash, Tamim, Shakib, Mushy or even Riyad. That's depressing!
The huge skill gap between domestic and international
level is to blame in my opinion. Once you are out of the side it is impossible to return as an improved player because the domestic bowlers wont test your technique or temperament. This is what we have seen with Nasir and Anamul both of whom did make a comeback after scoring a mountain of runs but were woefully short of international standard. There is no short term fix to this other than making our FC competitive. What we could do is put some of these guys in HP and A team squads and send them off on 3-4 tours every year.

adamnsu
March 19, 2018, 05:21 AM
Very difficult to get into any international team without talent these days.

But it takes alot of persistent hard work, concentration and good mentoring to harness the talent to convert talent into an international contributing player.

Such players keep making the same mistakes over and over again because the lack of the above 3. Then it becomes "wasted" talent!

Rifat
March 19, 2018, 03:28 PM
1) Get to the Asia Cup final vs India. Anything can happen after that.

I am sick and tired of "Anything". I want to win ;)