PDA

View Full Version : We Are the Most Hated Team in Cricket!

Yankees
March 18, 2018, 02:44 PM
Ok, I'm going to spell it out. Will be obvious to most, but hopefully helpful for the rest.

WE ARE THE MOST HATED TEAM IN CRICKET.

Just look at the way that stadium celebrated India's win. Couldn't tell if this was a celebration of their independence or the rebirth of a new Indian state. Pretty sure the Pakistanis are happy too. And since the majority of the cricket world lives in the subcontinent, Bangladesh is the most hated team in the world. We can pretend otherwise or we can embrace. I say let's embrace it.

Their hatred of us will never change. Why? Because that hatred has very little to do with cricket and everything to do with themselves. Bangladesh acts as a mirror for these 3 countries, they see themselves when they see us. Shakib's behavior is no different than Gavaskar, Ranatunga. Cobra not any more obnoxious than Kohlis "routines." Even Pakistani players arent as hated and they straight up match fix. But they will never admit that. Instead this will just be an excuse for their visceral hatred. We are no different than them, they just can't handle that fact.

Hating Bangladesh is an excuse, an escape. Why? well why not? Just look at them:

India - India has one of the most skewed sex ratios in the world. Hundreds of millions of Indian men are and will remain a virgin. Their only "release" courtesy of a Kohli ton. India's desperate need for global approval unmet, mocked, and ridiculed by the global powers that be. Trump's son straight up came to India and said how poor it was. And they will still buy his crappy condos. There are only two Billion Plus countries. China rules the world, while the other plays cricket. A nation fully emasculated.

Pakistan - Taliban. Enough said. Must be frustrating looking down on Bangladesh all the way from the UAE.

Sri Lanka - about to plunge into another civil war. Killing off their minorities even as they celebrate Independence. Enough said.

Bangladesh is a distraction. Hating us, mocking us, is nothing more than an attempt to shield themselves from the truth. Seeing Bangladesh act the way our fans and players do is a reminder of who they are, and what they are. They will claim it's because of respect, and winning games, blah blah blah. Don't ever let them fool you with that BS. It has nothing to do with games won or lost. Nothing to do with Cricket. I have to highlight this before all the indo-pak internet-bahinis show up.

Sure, you can say BD is the same. Absolutely wee are the same. Our fans use cricket as a way to feel better about the country...just like they do. We are no better than those 3, BUT we are no worse.

So embrace it. We are the bad guys. The guys nobody likes. Shakib is uneducated and rude and has anger issues. Oh well, what are they gonna do about it? Kick out Bangladesh from cricket? Nope. Take away test status? Can't do that either. In fact, India's IPL teams will still pay big money for that same Shakib. ICC will still acknowledge that gunda as the best all-rounder on the planet. Pakistan will continue to pay big money to have one of our badtamiz visit their country. The Lankans and Pakistanis will still play in our BPL, happily accepting Beggerdeshis money.

So don't make excuses. Don't feel the need to defend ourselves on facebook or twitter or other forums. Because they have no choice but to just deal with it. Even as I write this, I know how many non-BD responses I will get and what they will say. Still can't stop me from pointing out the obvious. This post is a mirror. We are a mirror. And we are going nowhere, always here to constantly reminding them of their own s***** existence.

F%$# the World. Joy Bangla :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Shingara
March 18, 2018, 02:59 PM
I like our new goonda approach about things. We have been on the wrong end of the stick far too many times.

Mas_UK25
March 18, 2018, 03:00 PM
Timely, thread.

Couldn’t have wrote the stuffs, better. I feel exactly what you wrote and described.

It’s like a respite for them, to joind hands to mock/malign BD. They become bhai bhais, especially the two who have long been enemies and faught 4 or 6wars so far (who knows more maybe to come in future). Strangely but true. I’ve seen how both become best of friends when BD wins a game or does what it did to SL, last game. But they never credit the good points but always look for anything to write negative about BD.

As they say. Lions don’t loose sleep over opinions of sheep. In Bangladesh case here, being hated by others, know this... Tigers fight alone and wont loose any sleep over what blacksheeps of other nations, individually or together has to say about BD, chest-thumping!

Joy Bangla! :flag:

mufi_02
March 18, 2018, 03:07 PM
I agree on certain levels but not all.

SL is just pissed that they lost so badly and missed out on their independence trophy. They are going through communal riots. Fighting and killing going on between Sinhalese and minority Muslims. So the majority Sinhalese are just rooting against BD.

It goes through cycle.

When SL players wore masks, Indian player/commentators/pundit tore them apart and they were the most hated then.

India/Pak/Bd has too much history and bad bloodbath amongst them. One region yanked into three countries through the blood of millions. So of course they will never get along in a sports pitch.

SL just trying to act relevant. They have issues with India but share no history or animosity with Pak or BD.

Shaan
these are just crappy emotion, india and pakistan will be enemy again after tomorrow. i don’t give a crap their fake brotherhood on social media, in deep in their herat they just plainly hate each other’s. this is just l fake occasion as like enjoying a moment with diehard enemy on someone’s misery.

Moh899
And i love it! Love being hated yass! Dreamt of being here one day to be honest. This is the step towards the right direction.

Mas_UK25
March 18, 2018, 03:12 PM
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win”. - Mahatma Gandhi

Shubho
March 18, 2018, 03:19 PM
F them all. Bangladesh all the way.

simon
March 18, 2018, 03:29 PM
At first we used to like Afguns but after they specially Shahzad did gundami with us I remember there was a lot of hate in BC towards Afguns.
The thing is no fans like it when inferior teams/fans have a go at you.

As long as we love/ respect ourselves we are fine.

Moh899
March 18, 2018, 03:36 PM
WE are the villains now guys! Cherish the fact! Everyone hates us but cant stop us tho.. so anyone behind keyboards and tv screens with big mouths having thins to say about us, guess what? Your opinions dont mean jack ****! We are getting better each day thats why everyone else is afraid. Simple fact!

al Furqaan
March 18, 2018, 03:37 PM
If only the Jews and Arabs played cricket, we'd have solved MidEast peace by now.

aklemalp
March 18, 2018, 03:40 PM
The Premadasa crowd was chanting Rohit Rohit Rohit,

They're sour cream.

They need to put on those masks they were wearing in India.

No disrespect though, I love Hathumalaa

Roey Haque
March 18, 2018, 03:57 PM
Where are you getting all this from? Is it based on reality? Or is it the way you feel?

Do not get baited into a slug fest on social media. The worst of people come out, and you will get screwed up pretty bad if you take it too seriously. Trust me.

No one dislikes in any one nation. And to that point, your nation should not define you to begin with. You should define your nation. Love individuals first and foremost! Nation should not even come into a first convo with anyone. I know you are a smart guy (judging by your other posts). Please do not get suckered into country baiting.

Vahroone
March 18, 2018, 05:32 PM
Emotional thread.

DinRaat.
March 18, 2018, 05:37 PM
Two words: Snake Dance.

Shubho
March 18, 2018, 05:39 PM
Emotional thread.

Hahaha. Too funny, Indiano.

iDumb
March 18, 2018, 05:45 PM
I actually prefer to be the most hated team and rise a whole nation's supporters against us. I take it as a compliment that we turned all of premadasa to Indians today.

and all these ppl who replies with "emotional threads" need to realize sports is emotional - that's why we watch it. We are not robots. Emotional does not necessarily always mean lack of intelligence.

Though we lost today.. this is waht i wanted .. a close faught contest and frankly i couldnt be any happeir. You can't write a script like this even if you wanted to. Proud of the boys. Yes it was a broken heart once again and India still mentally and profesionally a superior team than us but we are walking the talk. :up::up::up::up: More Bangladeshi brand of cricket to follow...

if you look back over the years some of the most memorable matches have involved BD.

So we earned all the hate. We injected life into a boring *** cricket nation like srilanka... this is a HUGE achievement. I hear even when Afghans play us they get tingling over their parts...

there is something about us.. they all wanna beat us . I say BRING IT ON !!

cricket_king
March 18, 2018, 05:54 PM
Well said. !@#$ the world. We're here to stay mofos.

Bharatfan
March 18, 2018, 06:09 PM
Ok, I'm going to spell it out. Will be obvious to most, but hopefully helpful for the rest.

WE ARE THE MOST HATED TEAM IN CRICKET.

Just look at the way that stadium celebrated India's win. Couldn't tell if this was a celebration of their independence or the rebirth of a new Indian state. Pretty sure the Pakistanis are happy too. And since the majority of the cricket world lives in the subcontinent, Bangladesh is the most hated team in the world. We can pretend otherwise or we can embrace. I say let's embrace it.

Their hatred of us will never change. Why? Because that hatred has very little to do with cricket and everything to do with themselves. Bangladesh acts as a mirror for these 3 countries, they see themselves when they see us. Shakib's behavior is no different than Gavaskar, Ranatunga. Cobra not any more obnoxious than Kohlis "routines." Even Pakistani players arent as hated and they straight up match fix. But they will never admit that. Instead this will just be an excuse for their visceral hatred. We are no different than them, they just can't handle that fact.

Hating Bangladesh is an excuse, an escape. Why? well why not? Just look at them:

India - India has one of the most skewed sex ratios in the world. Hundreds of millions of Indian men are and will remain a virgin. Their only "release" courtesy of a Kohli ton. India's desperate need for global approval unmet, mocked, and ridiculed by the global powers that be. Trump's son straight up came to India and said how poor it was. And they will still buy his crappy condos. There are only two Billion Plus countries. China rules the world, while the other plays cricket. A nation fully emasculated.

Pakistan - Taliban. Enough said. Must be frustrating looking down on Bangladesh all the way from the UAE.

Sri Lanka - about to plunge into another civil war. Killing off their minorities even as they celebrate Independence. Enough said.

Bangladesh is a distraction. Hating us, mocking us, is nothing more than an attempt to shield themselves from the truth. Seeing Bangladesh act the way our fans and players do is a reminder of who they are, and what they are. They will claim it's because of respect, and winning games, blah blah blah. Don't ever let them fool you with that BS. It has nothing to do with games won or lost. Nothing to do with Cricket. I have to highlight this before all the indo-pak internet-bahinis show up.

Sure, you can say BD is the same. Absolutely wee are the same. Our fans use cricket as a way to feel better about the country...just like they do. We are no better than those 3, BUT we are no worse.

So embrace it. We are the bad guys. The guys nobody likes. Shakib is uneducated and rude and has anger issues. Oh well, what are they gonna do about it? Kick out Bangladesh from cricket? Nope. Take away test status? Can't do that either. In fact, India's IPL teams will still pay big money for that same Shakib. ICC will still acknowledge that gunda as the best all-rounder on the planet. Pakistan will continue to pay big money to have one of our badtamiz visit their country. The Lankans and Pakistanis will still play in our BPL, happily accepting Beggerdeshis money.

So don't make excuses. Don't feel the need to defend ourselves on facebook or twitter or other forums. Because they have no choice but to just deal with it. Even as I write this, I know how many non-BD responses I will get and what they will say. Still can't stop me from pointing out the obvious. This post is a mirror. We are a mirror. And we are going nowhere, always here to constantly reminding them of their own s***** existence.

F%$# the World. Joy Bangla :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hello delusion. Meet depression!!!

DinRaat.
March 18, 2018, 06:11 PM
This thread is going to go off the rails real soon. UNLESS the train is a MagLev running on superconductors.

iDumb
March 18, 2018, 06:16 PM
This thread is going to go off the rails real soon. UNLESS the train is a MagLev running on superconductors.

yeah possibly.

Although I like the thread title. i do not agree with and condone some of those saying in the first post.

In my opinion it is a bad post even if some of it maybe true.

So participation positively in the thread by some of us do not mean we like the text of the first post. It's a little cringy reading for me. I dont' like it.

guppy
March 18, 2018, 06:47 PM
Venting after a loss is cool. Gloating after a win is cool. But this is some next level schizophrenia.

tejkuni
March 18, 2018, 07:44 PM
I agree in general, not completely.

paindu
March 18, 2018, 07:45 PM
I have a feeling most Indians, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans will enjoy this thread.

Mas_UK25
March 18, 2018, 07:53 PM
I have a feeling most Indians, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans will enjoy this thread.

Read my above messages. It responds automatically to this post of yours.

You’re starting the obvious. But you should know tigers have thick skin, they eat a lot of meat especially beef, which is allowed in and available in Bangladesh. If they had weak skins, they would been cautions and worried about what sheeps have to say and not bothered to do cobra dance nor expressed themselves.

Mas_UK25
March 18, 2018, 07:56 PM

You’re starting the obvious. But you should know tigers have thick skin, they eat a lot of meat especially beef, which is allowed in and available in Bangladesh. If they had weak skins, they would been cautions and worried about what some sheeps have to say and not bothered to do cobra dance nor expressed themselves.

paindu
March 18, 2018, 08:12 PM
PTSD. If anyone wants to study on the subject, OP might be a good place to start.

paindu
March 18, 2018, 08:14 PM

You’re starting the obvious. But you should know tigers have thick skin, they eat a lot of meat especially beef, which is allowed in and available in Bangladesh. If they had weak skins, they would been cautions and worried about what sheeps have to say and not bothered to do cobra dance nor expressed themselves.

I don’t know if you are serious. But if that is thick skin, it must be one sick tiger.

Bharatfan
March 18, 2018, 08:20 PM
The five stages of grief -denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. The Op is about to begin stage 3 soon

Antora
March 18, 2018, 08:41 PM
I love it. I've looked forward to this day for years.

The Slayer
March 18, 2018, 08:57 PM
:goal: Its good that you have yourself accepted this ultimate truth. Not just in cricket but in general :floor:

WarWolf
March 18, 2018, 10:15 PM
True or not true, who cares!

Shehwar
March 18, 2018, 10:32 PM
They can hate us all they want. I couldn’t care less. I’m proud of the way the Tigers fought. And in regards to the incident, you just don’t sit there and take injustice. Shakib did what he felt right.

godzilla
March 18, 2018, 10:45 PM
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win”. - Mahatma Gandhi

We were ignored, we were/still laughed at. We went to fight on the field. What did we win? :D

Gosh guys, its a game. No need to go all political fellas.

Vahroone
March 18, 2018, 11:26 PM
I don’t know if you are serious. But if that is thick skin, it must be one sick tiger.

In typical Bangla accent, I like referring to it as a 'Toy-ger'. :up:

DinRaat.
March 18, 2018, 11:39 PM

Do you like drinking water in cups or plastic bottles.

Vahroone
March 19, 2018, 12:42 AM
Do you like drinking water in cups or plastic bottles.

I prefer Vodka in a Beer glass myself, thank you.

Water is Haraam in my religion.

velu
March 19, 2018, 01:49 AM
do remember guys , you guys are hated for non-cricketing reasons :p

DinRaat.
March 19, 2018, 02:21 AM
Okay, i am out thread is being swarmed by Indian trolls.

Alien
March 19, 2018, 02:43 AM
Dunno, if you behave like an idiot people will hate you.

Years ago I remember everyone dislike Sreesanth for being a prick. Our players today are reincarnation of him.

Snake dance, finger pointing outbursts, broken dressing room glasses. Every victory there is a monkey lap dance across stadium as if they won World Cup.

Doesn’t take a genius to figure out why they don’t like our players.

Vahroone
March 19, 2018, 02:54 AM

Years ago I remember everyone dislike Sreesanth for being a prick. Our players today are reincarnation of him.

Snake dance, finger pointing outbursts, broken dressing room glasses. Every victory there is a monkey lap dance across stadium as if they won World Cup.

True this. You never get the feeling that "Well, that was an expected win for Bangladesh". Every win is a surprise to the team too, looks like.

adamnsu
March 19, 2018, 03:19 AM
Our cricket team has always been hated since the inception.

In particular the Indian media has always outcasted our team. Until that 2007 WC did they change their tune.

In England, from my experience with fans and some MCC members Bangladesh cricket is now appreciated.

But doing these cobra dances , gangnam style dances, silly celebrations by a national team is always made fun of by others.

Man even as a Bangladeshi I cringe seeing these sort of things.

But the main thing is I am concerned how my team performs not other ram, shaan, and polapines from other countries think of us.

I hate how are players fielded, I hate how Sarkar is in the t20 team, I hate we have Walsh in the team.

Shaan
March 19, 2018, 03:23 AM

why others have to get bothered when someone else enjoy their victory?
that’s say a poor taste of those people who see things always in a vicious way. people will react in different way in their small achievements what is an achievement. i won’t care if srilankans or indian have a belly dance or have drunk dance after their every win, it is their deserved achievement hence they celebrate how they instantly feel, like you and me how we’ll celebrate after every exam result.
huh i still cannot get how you can be so sensitive when others have their own achieved things hence celebrating!! does their any guideline that you cannot celebrate in every single match where you won, guideline how to celebrate???

Shaan
March 19, 2018, 03:26 AM
i lived in europe in a scandinavian country for 25 years seen here how they celebrate in every single games, compares these ours are nothing. here people don’t care these things much at all, everybody knows it is just a celebration for the moment not for life time. take it easy people!!

DinRaat.
March 19, 2018, 03:36 AM
Yankees made a decent thread, and now we have this.

Jadukor
March 19, 2018, 03:55 AM
any guideline that you cannot celebrate in every single match where you won, guideline how to celebrate???

No there isnt. All these sides are bitter because for decades they dished it out to us and we took it and never gave back. Now we stand our ground and dish out every bit of sledging we receive and it is hard for them to digest. Our cricketers are not robots and they will not back down. If nagin dance works as stress release after a high pressure game then i am all for it. If cricketers are not breaching icc rules then they can celebrate however they want. The neighboring pundits can shove it

Night_wolf
March 19, 2018, 03:57 AM

wonderful. do keep on referring like that. but not here please.

this is a Bangladeshi forum and if you want to keep on posting here you will need to refer the team by the name it is known as.

adamnsu
March 19, 2018, 04:17 AM

No side to side head tilting in your own traditions ???

Navo
March 19, 2018, 04:53 AM
A friendship rekindled over our loss; thought this article would be appropriate for this thread: http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22830356/colombo-awash-massive-support-india

Night_wolf
March 19, 2018, 04:58 AM
We unite everyone. they may hate us now but history will remember us! someday they will sing songs about how BD united the great sub continent under one roof :lol:

Jadukor
March 19, 2018, 05:04 AM
I want more tri series like this. If Pakistan was in this one would have been interesting too. Oh wait.. then it becomes the asia cup. Nevermind.

DinRaat.
March 19, 2018, 05:21 AM
I realised by readi

Yameen
March 19, 2018, 05:38 AM

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="5336857" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.791044776119403"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/indian-gif-5336857">Indian GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/indian-gifs">Indian GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Wish we were as cool as you guys. Thank you, come again!

Alien
March 19, 2018, 05:49 AM
why others have to get bothered when someone else enjoy their victory?
that’s say a poor taste of those people who see things always in a vicious way. people will react in different way in their small achievements what is an achievement. i won’t care if srilankans or indian have a belly dance or have drunk dance after their every win, it is their deserved achievement hence they celebrate how they instantly feel, like you and me how we’ll celebrate after every exam result.
huh i still cannot get how you can be so sensitive when others have their own achieved things hence celebrating!! does their any guideline that you cannot celebrate in every single match where you won, guideline how to celebrate???

Those kind of reaction makes sense in rugby or soccer games, not so much in cricket.

Even Zimbabwe or Scotland who are much bigger underdogs don’t celebrate wildly like our players do on their occasional victories.

We don’t lose 99% of matches like Akram khan/Bulbul days and our players like Shakib are top ranking as well. These days our victories are well earned and not a fluke or down to opposition having bad day.

It’s time we behave like top ranking players as well.

Shaan
March 19, 2018, 06:01 AM
Those kind of reaction makes sense in rugby or soccer games, not so much in cricket.

Even Zimbabwe or Scotland who are much bigger underdogs don’t celebrate do wildly like our players do on their occasional victories.

We don’t lose 99% of matches like Akram khan/Bulbul days and our players like Shakib are top ranking as well. These days our victories are well earned and not a fluke or down to opposition having bad day.

there is nothing call big or small team when comes to express your inner feelings. Football, rugby can celebrate and cricket cannot celebrate the thrill of heart, what kind of logic is this?? Rugby is not our cup of tea so, for our people they might find rugby way of celebration weird but not necessarily for the people of those nation or team. Just tell me if your one family member lets say your little sister won a small medal in school athletes be it silver or bronze but her way of celebration is very joyfulness for her, she really enjoy her achievement will not your family support her and enjoy the celebration she is making. or will you say you are a loser go away I don't care, i feel embarrass, I'm sure not, you'll love her achievement no matter what medal. that's call family bond, same goes with our own nation you just need to feel how our boys are feeling out there with their victory on every single match be it against Zimbabwe or Nepal.:up:

jeesh
March 19, 2018, 06:53 AM
Bangladesh is like that scrawny little underperforming kid in class who flops in everything he does.

And one day when he does do sth positive, and beats others-they simply cant accept it.

This is the scenario we face.

Kohli celebrates like a wildly; its ok. We do it; no one can accept it.

Night_wolf
March 19, 2018, 07:36 AM
Bangladesh is like that scrawny little underperforming kid in class who flops in everything he does.

And one day when he does do sth positive, and beats others-they simply cant accept it.

This is the scenario we face.

Kohli celebrates like a wildly; its ok. We do it; no one can accept it.

kholi is like that kid who is a big a hole but he is the most talented kid in the class. wins most of the time. you cant stand him but you want to play like him.

BD is like that kid in school who always lose all the time. you feel bad for the kid. after decades of losing the kid became somewhat decent. still not good enough to rain supreme you but good enough to challenge you. you feel good for the kid as after decade of non performing the kid is finally showing something. but to your surprise the kid's mom and dad(read fans here) start behaving like their semiwhat decent kid is like you and the best kids in the school. after respecting you for decades you see the lack of respect because the kid just started wining some match. and you cant take that.

you can take kholi bad mouthing you as he is the best player in your school but you cant take the same thing coming from the kid's(BD) mother and father. so you retaliate against the kid. abusing his parents(fans) and him. as a result the kid retaliates back and you cant take that also.

its a vicious chain

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 07:46 AM
can we delete this thread and talk about cricket

Purbasha T
March 19, 2018, 08:14 AM
The dark-skinned rice farmers and fish mongers (and now the snake charmers lol) from the eastern wasteland and the perennial whipping boys (in cricket and non-cricket matters) of the sub-continental powers now have the audacity to see them eye-to-eye on a cricket pitch - why is it surprising that the patronising pie-holes of our former "masters" find our rise so difficult to swallow?

It shouldn't be surprising at all. :)

The trophy hosts though are a serious case of post-loss soreness.

Disclaimer: good/bad souls reside on all parts of the divides (it'll be ignorant to suggest otherwise) but unfortunately it's the bad apples that make all the headlines.

brockley
March 19, 2018, 08:22 AM
Doubt Bangladesh most hared.Australia,England and India hated much much more.
Tho the incident the other night hasn.t helped.

Purbasha T
March 19, 2018, 08:23 AM
Of course, not saying we ourselves are perfect - we need to learn that the best comeback happens ON THE PITCH. We need to learn street-wiseness and effective decision-making but that's for us to figure out for ourselves, not for others to point out by standing on a moral high horse while they have their own shaky ships in that asepct to govern.

When others' focus is solely on the foot that you've put wrong, you know you're heading in the right direction.

brockley
March 19, 2018, 08:38 AM
Intetestingly S A is using the incident of no ban by the ICC to get Rabada off a shoulder charge on Steve Smith in their series.

adamnsu
March 19, 2018, 08:54 AM
I think it is far more important what we think of our team than what others do!

paindu
March 19, 2018, 08:59 AM
Intetestingly S A is using the incident of no ban by the ICC to get Rabada off a shoulder charge on Steve Smith in their series.

Makes perfect sense.

brockley
March 19, 2018, 09:16 AM
I really don.t think Bangladesh hated at all.The incident is hated.
Most ppl overseas know little about Bangladesh except their test wins against England and Australia.And England and the world cup.They don.t know Bangladesh in a rut or when they win a one day game or t20.

IndYeah
March 19, 2018, 09:18 AM
The victim mentality of a few is on display loud and proud, in this thread.

Why are BD fans not able to see the difference between "celebrating" victory with passion, and a celebration routine that's offensive to opposition team and fans?

Its not just a case of BD being criticized for doing what others do. Andrew Flintoff did something stupid to celebrate an ODI victory in India, and was roundly criticized for it. So much so that Sourav Ganguly retaliated by taking his own shirt off after a famous win at Lords.

Nobody would begrude BD players or fans if they celebrate when they win. Problem is that the players and fans seem to go way OTT and carried away. No amount of justification and defensive BS is going to change that fact.

This thread is a perfect example of that. BD's antics got them the result of Lankan fans - who, just like BD, have absolutely no love for Indian team - turned them into rabid India supporters.

Instead of recognizing why this happened, a bunch of posters here are living in some delusional fantasy world where the world is "against" you. Sorry to say, but most cricket fans don't really care enough about BD to be "against" you. That's just cold harsh reality.

In any sport, in any country - most neutrals would automatically gravitate to supporting the underdogs. Why doesn't that happen for BD? Its because of the OTT nonsense that comes across as arrogance and obnoxiousness without really strong performances to back it up.

And if you are not mature enough, or logical enough to be able to see that. Then, it serves you right to live like a frog in the well, blinded and believing that the "world" is out to get you.

Night_wolf
March 19, 2018, 09:32 AM
^the less you talk about mentality the better. first get out of your "Bangla fans means arrogant" mentality

asche upodesh dite ajaira

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 09:33 AM
^^Ind Yeah enough of your dumb monologue. You don't have to teach us how to celebrate. Everything seems offensive because people can't take a Bangladeshi defeat.

I read articles by foreign media when their country gets beaten by BD. With their prologned crickdeting history it's hard for them to swallow certain defeat so it hurts much more. And in reply they pick up non sense things like how BD should celebrate..

Please talk about cricket. We are perfectly fine the way we are and it will continue. we are not really craving for your approval.

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 09:37 AM
Did anyone think how a nagin dance is offensive to Sri lanka??? Is nagin their national dance and pride?? or related to any of their race, creed, color, culture??? how is it offensive.. just pure dumb comments.

Max100
March 19, 2018, 09:38 AM
great article, loved it

i think we are partly responsible for that too

we throw stones at west indies bus, when west indies is loved by all cricket board.

among india team, our well wisher are gavaskar and harsha but once they said,something we like--we start saying more nasty things about them

i think we should keep maintaining our low profile

but i like our new aggressive attitude, we are not pushover anymore. this sakib, tamim, mushy, riad and mash changed the whole attitude of BD cricket.i am proud of my team

IndYeah
March 19, 2018, 09:38 AM
Again, you can get as salty as you want and shoot the messenger. Reality bites. When you write absolute nonsense about how the world "hates" Bangladesh etc, you are going to see contrary opinions expressed. Too bad if you don't like it.

Or is it that only blind one-eyed one sided opinions are allowed on here? So far, the forum and mods have been admirably even-handed. Let's hope it stays that way.

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 09:43 AM
This is what opposing fans want from Bangladesh after Bangladeshi win.

Go up to their captaiin and fans and say "we know you are a better playing nation than us and a superior team but thank you for giving us a chance to play with you and we got lucky we won. but 9/10 you will win. We are so lucky to have played with you and lucky to have won. thank you. Sure it was a no ball but it's ok we are just lucky to be here".

any deviation from that would be offensive.

The sense of entitlement by some is astounding.

IndYeah
March 19, 2018, 09:43 AM
Did anyone think how a nagin dance is offensive to Sri lanka??? Is nagin their national dance and pride?? or related to any of their race, creed, color, culture??? how is it offensive.. just pure dumb comments.

Its not about "nagin", its about the celebration routine reflecting some sort of dominance over the opponent. You can be happy for yourself without putting the opponent down. How and why this simple obvious fact is invisible to you guys, I can't understand. Why do you think Lankan fans got so triggered with it? Its not like the gangnam dance - because that dance does not imply any kind of predator-prey type superiority.

Some of you may have watched the CPL last year, and there was this one bowler who celebrated by writing down names in his imaginary notebook after dismissals. That provoked a retaliatory response when eventually a batsman took him apart with a bunch of boundaries. If a celebration involves denigrating someone else, then its mean-spirited. And people will respond negatively to it. And not because they "hate" Bangladesh or some such nonsense. That would be a "pure dumb comment".

IndYeah
March 19, 2018, 09:44 AM
This is what opposing fans want from Bangladesh after Bangladeshi win.

Go up to their captaiin and fans and say "we know you are a better playing nation than us and a superior team but thank you for giving us a chance to play with you and we got lucky we won. but 9/10 you will win. We are so lucky to have played with you and lucky to have won. thank you. Sure it was a no ball but it's ok we are just lucky to be here".

any deviation from that would be offensive.

The sense of entitlement by some is astounding.

Dude, your napolean complex and delusion level is too strong. I guess my words will be simply fall on deaf ears if you think like this.

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 09:48 AM
Again, you can get as salty as you want and shoot the messenger. Reality bites. When you write absolute nonsense about how the world "hates" Bangladesh etc, you are going to see contrary opinions expressed. Too bad if you don't like it.

Shoot the messenger? Who message are you carrying? You are only speaking for your self and giving your not so intelligent opinion. And I pointed that out.

I really don't care if the world hates Bangladesh. What I care about is the team that i support go out there and fight like real tigers and win. And I celebrate that. And I will defend them as a fan if someone shoots their mouth off on how they don't appreciate their defeat.

Don't understand these dumb nationalistic fights.

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 09:50 AM
Dude, your napolean complex and delusion level is too strong. I guess my words will be simply fall on deaf ears if you think like this.

Right now you are diagnosing me. What online medical degree is that you possess. Your words are too dumb to be taken seriously so it falls no where.

Rifat_02
March 19, 2018, 09:58 AM
Its really funny that some fans of certain countries come here to teach behavior to us fans when they themselves used to burn down stadiums when loss was imminent , maybe these fans are too young to remember how badly their crowd or fans have behaved in the past, the other day I was seeing Gavaskar trying to do a Shakib and pull his team off the ground just because he got out, look at your own history first before coming to find faults here.

Night_wolf
March 19, 2018, 09:58 AM
IndYeah you are no messenger. I have never seen you post one positive post in this forum. even your positive posts utters superiority complex. We dont need lecture from people with vindictive mentality like you. likes of you only come in this forum to disturb the forum atmosphere when we play India.

IndYeah
March 19, 2018, 10:07 AM
Shoot the messenger? Who message are you carrying? You are only speaking for your self and giving your not so intelligent opinion. And I pointed that out.

I really don't care if the world hates Bangladesh. What I care about is the team that i support go out there and fight like real tigers and win. And I celebrate that. And I will defend them as a fan if someone shoots their mouth off on how they don't appreciate their defeat.

Don't understand these dumb nationalistic fights.

I'm least interested in nationalistic fights, and never want to put down or diminish BD.

I am simply responding to some outrageously false and delusional assertions here, claiming that those who respond negatively to the naagin dance and threatening to walk off etc, are doing it because they "hate" bangladesh. This is simply not true.

IndYeah
March 19, 2018, 10:10 AM
Its really funny that some fans of certain countries come here to teach behavior to us fans when they themselves used to burn down stadiums when loss was imminent , maybe these fans are too young to remember how badly their crowd or fans have behaved in the past, the other day I was seeing Gavaskar trying to do a Shakib and pull his team off the ground just because he got out, look at your own history first before coming to find faults here.

Good display of ignorance. go look at the videos of the SMG incident. Gavaskar was given out legbefore with a big inside edge, and was cursed out by the bowler after that. Applying today's rules to that, he would be given not out by DRS, and the bowler would be banned for a bunch of games.

Still, what SMG did was wrong. And he should not have done it. But to use that incident to justify Shakib's idiocy is...idiotic.

By the way, using incidents by random crowds to tag fans of a billion+ people? Very smart. And if you want to get right down to it, those fans also were from a certain region of India. And spoke a certain language. I'm sure you know what I'm referring to. So once again, your own words are going to bite you in the rear-end. As is often the case when you spout nonsense.

IndYeah
March 19, 2018, 10:12 AM
IndYeah you are no messenger. I have never seen you post one positive post in this forum. even your positive posts utters superiority complex. We dont need lecture from people with vindictive mentality like you. likes of you only come in this forum to disturb the forum atmosphere when we play India.

Excuse me, do I need a certificate of "positive attitude" to post here? If you haven't seen "one positive post" from me, then maybe you need to run a search and go do some reading.

Last I checked, this forum was supposed to be an open discussion space, as long as you are within the rules. Please don't resort to ad hominem attacks on me, because that is usually frowned upon in most forums. Even when "moderators" do it.

Night_wolf
March 19, 2018, 10:15 AM
Excuse me, do I need a certificate of "positive attitude" to post here? If you haven't seen "one positive post" from me, then maybe you need to run a search and go do some reading.

Last I checked, this forum was supposed to be an open discussion space, as long as you are within the rules. Please don't resort to ad hominem attacks on me, because that is usually frowned upon in most forums. Even when "moderators" do it.

dont need search to remember your posts. you come here to only vindicate. we have been enough patient with posts like that. open discussion doesn't equal to be vindictive every chance possible

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 10:19 AM
And if you want to get right down to it, those fans also were from a certain region of India. And spoke a certain language. I'm sure you know what I'm referring to. So once again, your own words are going to bite you in the rear-end. As is often the case when you spout nonsense.

Are you saying your fellow Indian country men that supported team India, got passionate about their team but behaved erratically and the reason is because they were Bengali? (Were those calcutta fans?? I don't know) . If this is what you are saying, you are on a different level. I will let your Indian brothers have a go at you. Don't be so pathetic.

I never understood why Ganguly speak so negatively about BD in media when he was loved by so many bangladeshis then and to some extent now. Its because of fans like you - who is gonna question his allegiance to India despite him carrying team india for a good potion of indian cricket history

Unbeleivable comment.

Night_wolf
March 19, 2018, 10:21 AM
I feel like giving up moderation. I am not fit enough to be a moderator anymore. I need to speak my mind to these vindictive trolls and be subject to ban. being a moderator I cant speak my mind. I had enough

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 10:24 AM
Shahrukh khan also got heat on twitter for supporting Pakistani criketers at some time ago, forgot the incident. Ppl were calling to send him to pakistan. These are very disrespectable reactions and filled with hate for ppl creed, religion instead of lauding them for who they really are. An Indian who spread the love for Bollywood world wide.

Learn to appreciate your own first before lecturing others on how they can celebrate or not. Please. Ofcourse I am talkinhg about you only now after your regional comment.

Ppll in this forum would have gotten permanent ban if they said soemthing similar to a region of bangladesh. perspective for you

adamnsu
March 19, 2018, 10:30 AM
I think this thread is encouraging hate now :D

Tournament is finished. We were all high on emotion (some are still high on God knows what). Lets just move on.

IndYeah
March 19, 2018, 10:31 AM
Shahrukh khan also got heat on twitter for supporting Pakistani criketers at some time ago, forgot the incident. Ppl were calling to send him to pakistan. These are very disrespectable reactions and filled with hate for ppl creed, religion instead of lauding them for who they really are. An Indian who spread the love for Bollywood world wide.

Learn to appreciate your own first before lecturing others on how they can celebrate or not. Please. Ofcourse I am talkinhg about you only now after your regional comment.

Ppll in this forum would have gotten permanent ban if they said soemthing similar to a region of bangladesh. perspective for you

Nice try at changing the subject when you can't argue against the points I raised. India is unity in diversity. No need to lecture me either on "appreciating my own". That's just the thing, I'm perfectly capable of appreciating, AND criticizing my own when its called for.

Apparently, that quality is lacking in a few. Its like a lot of black folks still claim "OJ Simpson didn't do it", instinctively defending him regardless of evidence, and even his own "confessions".

IndYeah
March 19, 2018, 10:33 AM
dont need search to remember your posts. you come here to only vindicate. we have been enough patient with posts like that. open discussion doesn't equal to be vindictive every chance possible

Sure. Open discussion means 3 page threads filled with posts about how "they" hate us. And when anybody dares to express a contrary opinion to such paranoid trash, its they who are being "vindictive". And get accused of being trolls. What alternate version of reality is this?

Rifat_02
March 19, 2018, 10:42 AM
Good display of ignorance. go look at the videos of the SMG incident. Gavaskar was given out legbefore with a big inside edge, and was cursed out by the bowler after that. Applying today's rules to that, he would be given not out by DRS, and the bowler would be banned for a bunch of games.

Still, what SMG did was wrong. And he should not have done it. But to use that incident to justify Shakib's idiocy is...idiotic.

By the way, using incidents by random crowds to tag fans of a billion+ people? Very smart. And if you want to get right down to it, those fans also were from a certain region of India. And spoke a certain language. I'm sure you know what I'm referring to. So once again, your own words are going to bite you in the rear-end. As is often the case when you spout nonsense.

What Rubbish and Racist comments, when Gavaskar does it its due to bad decision it is half justified, when Shakib does it after a bad decision its termed as bad behavior of bangladesh players

And are these incidents all caused by Bengalis as well Yeah?

-https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/unruly-cuttack-crowd-adds-shame-to-india-s-defeat-in-2nd-t20-vs-south-africa/story-DiqfYjp1ZdDvTLFvXx5bRM.html

-November 9, 1969 - India vs Australia, Brabourne Stadium

Crowd has never been at their best when India are losing or a decision goes against their team. Similar incident happened in 1969 Test as well, when things went out of hand for the visiting Aussies.

The mob, who were already seething due to the poor performance from the Indian team, lost it when umpire Sambhu Pan raised his finger as he gave S Venkataraghavan out caught behind. As the batsman walked off in disbelief, a bemused wicketkeeper Brian Taber remarked, "He missed it by a foot!".

The stands were set on fire and bottles and chairs were hurled. Despite that, the umpires decided to carry one with the game despite the missiles making their way into the playing area.

It took Jehangir Irani, one of the official scorers, who stormed out in in protest, requesting the match to be suspended. Australians, however, stayed on the ground for another 20 minutes as the police tried hard to get the unruly ground out of the ground.
Policemen at a cricket stadium. Advertisement billboards were torn apart by angry fans during India-West Indies ODI match at the Keenan Stadium, Jamshedpur.

- November 6, 2002 - India vs West Indies, Keenan Stadium

West Indies were in the thick of things again as mob at the Keenan stadium turned violent during the One-day International. The visitors did well to chase down a competitive score from India and were only 12 runs adrift from India's total when Jamshedpur fans started to throw bottles on to the pitch and light fires in the stands.

Advertising boards around the Keenan Stadium were also ripped apart and umpires and players had to rush back to the dressing room. Windies were awarded the match on the Duckworth-Lewis rule.

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 10:47 AM
Nice try at changing the subject when you can't argue against the points I raised. .

what point is that? The only Indian supporters that go erract are Bengali Indians? Good job!! You wave that flag of yours while listening to the national anthem. The irony.

We don't criticize our players when it's not necessary to please ppl who don't matter. Get that? Now be gone.

iDumb
March 19, 2018, 10:50 AM
Rifat_02,don't waste your time on this guy. Let his countrymen do it. If not - then shame on them. He is really being the messenger here LOL he claimed it.

paindu
March 19, 2018, 10:54 AM
I think this thread has great potential. Many tourists will visit this site for this pilgrimage of thread.

aklemalp
March 19, 2018, 11:01 AM
I feel like giving up moderation. I am not fit enough to be a moderator anymore. I need to speak my mind to these vindictive trolls and be subject to ban. being a moderator I cant speak my mind. I had enough

Close thread would be a good step forward

***just my two cents**

One World
March 19, 2018, 11:05 AM
Good jubilation, if not celebration. :lol:

Dom fatano hashi cholbe