PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful 2.0 Thread

Jadukor
March 20, 2018, 05:58 AM
He scored his 3rd century in DPL. ১৬৪ মিনিটের ইনিংসে ১২৪ বল খেলে করেছেন ১২৭। বাউন্ডারি ছিল ১৩টি, ছক্কা ৩টি

Should we try him in T20s?

http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1453726/%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AB%E0%A 7%81%E0%A6%B2-%E0%A6%89%E0%A7%9C%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8

DinRaat.
March 20, 2018, 05:59 AM
He scored his 3rd century in BPL. ১৬৪ মিনিটের ইনিংসে ১২৪ বল খেলে করেছেন ১২৭। বাউন্ডারি ছিল ১৩টি, ছক্কা ৩টি

Should we try him in T20s?

http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1453726/%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AB%E0%A 7%81%E0%A6%B2-%E0%A6%89%E0%A7%9C%E0%A6%9B%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8

Bhai BPL or DPL. This might be fake news.

MHRAM
March 20, 2018, 06:16 AM
Let him perform consistently for more than one season
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Jadukor
March 20, 2018, 06:46 AM
Bhai BPL or DPL. This might be fake news.

DPL.. that was a typo

DinRaat.
March 20, 2018, 06:50 AM
DPL.. that was a typo

Pretty big typo, the B and D are pretty far away on a standard QWERTY keyboard.

Night_wolf
March 20, 2018, 06:58 AM
ash 2.0 is way outdated. this is probably ash 20.0

to the question: No

roman
March 20, 2018, 08:08 AM
We need him. His scored 190 in his last innings. He could have been our solution for #3 in all formats. Match fixing incident is over. He has served the punishment. Time to move on and bring him back IF and only IF he continues to perform

Yankees
March 20, 2018, 08:14 AM
well why not? I was a big Ash hater, but we desperately need a number 3. Might as well try him out one series before the WC.

Gowza
March 20, 2018, 08:18 AM
Nazmul hossain shanto has recently hit 133* and 150*, why wouldn't you try him at number 3 if we need a number 3?

guppy
March 20, 2018, 08:18 AM
I would like someone to pose this question to Mashrafe (who was replaced as captain so the game could be fixed smoothly). Actually Mash might end up in jail for assault, so better not.

Yankees
March 20, 2018, 08:21 AM
Shanto > Ash for sure.

Jadukor
March 20, 2018, 08:23 AM
Pretty big typo, the B and D are pretty far away on a standard QWERTY keyboard.

I am a metal guitarist. Stretchy fingers is part of my skill set

roman
March 20, 2018, 08:35 AM
Nazmul hossain shanto has recently hit 133* and 150*, why wouldn't you try him at number 3 if we need a number 3?

Another player I am really counting on. Unfortunately, He could not exploit the opportunity given to him in one test. Should have given few more matches for sure. His time will come soon though.

Jadukor
March 20, 2018, 08:47 AM
Thats why i said t20. Ash can play all the shots in the book and usually lasts 5-6 overs regardless of format.

mufi_02
March 20, 2018, 08:49 AM
damn you jadukor! I was trying to stay away from BC and then you had to open as Ash thread and drag me in..

yes Ash should be given a chance in T20. As a pinch hitter. Shanto and other long term prospects for longer versions. Let them develop a bit. While Ash is a perfect fit for down the order quick run getter sort of role.

things you didn't know - Ash created the scoop shot. He was one of the first player to play that with considerable success.

Tigers_eye
March 20, 2018, 08:54 AM
Thats why i said t20. Ash can play all the shots in the book and usually lasts 5-6 overs regardless of format.
Why does opponent need slip catch practice in a live game? They have enough in the nets. :wave:

You haven't seen enough 4 and 6 balls which gives opponents a wicket? :waiting:

Tigers_eye
March 20, 2018, 08:57 AM
#3 is ALWAYS the most important position in ALL format of cricket. And you want to plug that with a Jodi laigga jai omabosshar chand? You crazy people.

roman
March 20, 2018, 09:10 AM
#3 is ALWAYS the most important position in ALL format of cricket. And you want to plug that with a Jodi laigga jai omabosshar chand? You crazy people.

With age, he may be a purnimar chaand now. We will never find out if we do not try :)

And I am no Ash lover.

NoName
March 20, 2018, 09:12 AM
Something about Ash makes all of us defy logic.

Night_wolf
March 20, 2018, 09:15 AM
things you didn't know - Ash created the scoop shot.

no he did not. douglas maralier was the first one to play it in 2001..ash played it in 2004 and made it famous among us in 2007 vs SA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ldAKLAFTdAk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mufi_02
March 20, 2018, 09:23 AM
^dhuro miya. eto technical hoile cholbe nah.

Ash popularized it and made it mainstream. no one knows about marilier.

Night_wolf
March 20, 2018, 09:25 AM
^dhuro miya. eto technical hoile cholbe nah.

Ash popularized it and made it mainstream. no one knows about marilier.

lol dilshan popularized it. do you hear people say ashscoop?

mustofa mia r koto ai beta ash re buke niya rakhba. prothom prem bad dao mia

mufi_02
March 20, 2018, 09:36 AM
^dilscoop is different. you play that over the keeper's head directly with a straight bat. ash scoop is with a slightly angled bat over the head of short fine leg.

prothom premer moton prothom kobita eshe bole..hath dhore niye cholo onek durer o deshe. oh Ash.

Jadukor
March 20, 2018, 09:50 AM
damn you jadukor! I was trying to stay away from BC and then you had to open as Ash thread and drag me in..

yes Ash should be given a chance in T20. As a pinch hitter. Shanto and other long term prospects for longer versions. Let them develop a bit. While Ash is a perfect fit for down the order quick run getter sort of role.

things you didn't know - Ash created the scoop shot. He was one of the first player to play that with considerable success.
Deep down we all want him to bat oil

Fazal
March 20, 2018, 10:09 AM
Ashraful who?

Eita ki Ashraful Jr? But.... but... the Sr got married just few years back.

Night_wolf
March 20, 2018, 10:15 AM
Ash thread r mamu post korbena ta ki hote pare

Night_wolf
March 20, 2018, 10:19 AM
an obsolete player who fixed matches. still this thread is in its 2nd page on day one

this is how ash is related to BC. we cant forget him.

ay jala jala jala a mon jure. ai jala jala jala ai ontore!!

One World
March 20, 2018, 10:28 AM
Do you know the ultimate battle of cricket the Ashes was named after him, the legendary Mohammad Ashraful.

"Pola to noy jeno agooneri gola re"

roman
March 20, 2018, 10:32 AM
We need Murad Bhai in this thread. Ash thread without Murad bhai and Fazal bhai thik jome na

Jadukor
March 20, 2018, 10:38 AM
Laugh all you want but another dpl century is just around the corner. Ash will be back soon.. kayes er kosom

roman
March 20, 2018, 10:46 AM
Laugh all you want but another dpl century is just around the corner. Ash will be back soon.. kayes er kosom

Ash's team is probably out of the DPL. Ar chain churi korte parbe na Ash

Yankees
March 20, 2018, 10:56 AM
ASh can replace Soumya as our number 7

Tam
Liton
Sabbir
Mush
Mullah
Shakib
Ash

Nidahas 2020 Champ team right there!

One World
March 20, 2018, 12:59 PM
I have been saying this for last few months, he deserves an entry and a slow (if not as laboriously as Riad) sedate acclimatization with the team. I believe team culture has shifted a lot.

Mahmood
March 20, 2018, 01:07 PM
I really hope Ashraful never comes back to national team.

Yankees
March 20, 2018, 01:08 PM

everyone deserves a second chance. But only on merit.

al Furqaan
March 20, 2018, 01:46 PM

This.

As his one time biggest fan, its time to move on. The guy is 34, let him mentor the domestic guys.

I wasn't on the Shanto bandwagon, but I really think Shanto needs to come in immediately and be given our #3 spot in the ODI team permanently with an eye on the World Cup next year.

We need to find another seam bowler to go with Rubel and Mustafiz and my bets would either Abu Hider or Yasin Arafat Mishu, again with an eye on next year's world cup.

The Test lineup is more settled I think:

1) Tamim
2) Liton
3) Mominul
4) Mosaddek
5) Mushfiq
6) Shakib
7) Riyad
8) Miraz
9) Taijul
10) Mustafiz
11) Ebadat

Fazal
March 20, 2018, 02:20 PM
With no real coach, Chahca in a leading role and the senior players playing the proxy coaching role...Sabbir slapping a minor... Sakib threating to walk out the game and then trashing the locker room...... Papon going in person and giving jhari before each game..... the team cobra dance ......all those circus going on.... actually this is not a bad time for Ashraful to retrun the team.... actually a perfect time indeed.

Roey Haque
March 20, 2018, 03:03 PM
no he did not. douglas maralier was the first one to play it in 2001..ash played it in 2004 and made it famous among us in 2007 vs SA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ldAKLAFTdAk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Commentator says "getting 15 runs an over vs McGrath is almost impossible". Damn! Can you say that about any bowler today?

aklemalp
March 20, 2018, 03:09 PM
Commentator says "getting 15 runs an over vs McGrath is almost impossible". Damn! Can you say that about any bowler today?

I remember when McGrath used to open the bowling and bowling out his quota of 10 overs in one spell..and finishing with figures something like this: 10-4-17-2

Gowza
March 20, 2018, 03:51 PM
Another player I am really counting on. Unfortunately, He could not exploit the opportunity given to him in one test. Should have given few more matches for sure. His time will come soon though.

Well he was very young then, still is, he wasn't pretty much straight out of u19s, actually he was still eligible for u19s and he had not much domestic cricket experience. He has achieved a lot more now since his maiden one test match selection.

Gowza
March 20, 2018, 03:54 PM
ASh can replace Soumya as our number 7

Tam
Liton
Sabbir
Mush
Mullah
Shakib
Ash

Nidahas 2020 Champ team right there!

You still want Sabbir on the 50 over team? Soumya deserves a spot much more than Sabbir does. Shanto should be picked ahead of both right now.

Gowza
March 20, 2018, 03:57 PM
This.

As his one time biggest fan, its time to move on. The guy is 34, let him mentor the domestic guys.

I wasn't on the Shanto bandwagon, but I really think Shanto needs to come in immediately and be given our #3 spot in the ODI team permanently with an eye on the World Cup next year.

We need to find another seam bowler to go with Rubel and Mustafiz and my bets would either Abu Hider or Yasin Arafat Mishu, again with an eye on next year's world cup.

The Test lineup is more settled I think:

1) Tamim
2) Liton
3) Mominul
4) Mosaddek
5) Mushfiq
6) Shakib
7) Riyad
8) Miraz
9) Taijul
10) Mustafiz
11) Ebadat

Only thing is this isn't the test line up. Liton hasn't been given a settled position and is still at risk of losi his spot, mosa hasn't secured his spot either. I don't mind the line you've put up but I'd probably swap in shanto for riyad.

al Furqaan
March 20, 2018, 04:19 PM
Only thing is this isn't the test line up. Liton hasn't been given a settled position and is still at risk of losi his spot, mosa hasn't secured his spot either. I don't mind the line you've put up but I'd probably swap in shanto for riyad.

I'd swap Shanto for Riyad too. I think Liton has his spot safe for now, but Musa doesn't. Hope Musa does well vs Windies - if he gets picked at all.

Gowza
March 20, 2018, 04:34 PM
Also keep an eye on qazi onik, seems to have a knack for taking wickets, at least hint he shorter formats. If mentored and coached well he could turn out to be a vaas or kulesakara type bowler.

cricman
March 20, 2018, 06:00 PM
I was following quietly, 3 100's is no joke but he's gotten a bunch of ducks. Also his S/R in his 1st 2 100's wasn't impressive but this one is impressive.

If he still has batspeed by the time he is eligible maybe in T20. You can't have enough players, who can score quickly. See India and England

Is it a testament of how much skill the guy has or the dearth of talent we have that he can come out of the wilderness and score 5 centuries. I remember he scored 1 vs U-19 boys and 1 in BPL

icricket
March 20, 2018, 07:17 PM
Yes for T20. Based on his domestic performance.

We need him. His scored 190 in his last innings. He could have been our solution for #3 in all formats. Match fixing incident is over. He has served the punishment. Time to move on and bring him back IF and only IF he continues to perform

adamnsu
March 20, 2018, 08:23 PM

I have to share the same sentiment. A corrupted person should not represent the national team any more.

One World
March 29, 2018, 01:32 PM
2.0 sounds matured and self-aware

http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1459846/%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%AB%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%AA%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BF-%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AB%E0%A 7%81%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%83%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%8D%E0%A 6%9E%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE

Kana-Baba
March 29, 2018, 02:07 PM
One more century from the wonder boy... the most prolific cricketer of all time.

Anyway, unlike most of you, I would want too seem him playing test cricket; his age and maturity along with slightly slowed down hand-eye coordination due to aging makes me believe that he will be suitable to play test cricket, not T20.

IMO Shanto, Shabbir, Mosaddek or Soumya - none of them are ready to play as top-order batsman in test cricket.

Roey Haque
March 29, 2018, 02:20 PM
I have to share the same sentiment. A corrupted person should not represent the national team any more.

Adam, it hurts me to say this, but Ashraful was not the only player fixing in that tourney. This is from an insider source. What he did was wrong, but he was the sacrificial scapegoat. There can be other reasons though for not bringing him back, but corruption cannot be one of them.

Kohli_Sox
March 29, 2018, 05:30 PM
Ash is better than soumya, kayes , shabbir etc etc. He deserves another chance. Likely to score plenty with his matured head now. Question is will the senior players risk their position by welcoming him?

Fazal
March 29, 2018, 05:49 PM
There may other corrupted players who are not caught red handed and punished, thats reality of life. But that cannot be an excuse for convicted corrupt.

And in my book a convicted corrupt, who sold his sole and the country for few bucks cannot be forgotten or excused.

al Furqaan
March 29, 2018, 06:10 PM
One more century from the wonder boy... the most prolific cricketer of all time.

Anyway, unlike most of you, I would want too seem him playing test cricket; his age and maturity along with slightly slowed down hand-eye coordination due to aging makes me believe that he will be suitable to play test cricket, not T20.

IMO Shanto, Shabbir, Mosaddek or Soumya - none of them are ready to play as top-order batsman in test cricket.

Mosaddek is ready. FC average is through the roof. He hasn't been given the opportunity due to Hathu's fascination with Sabbir, Imrul, and Soumya.

Kana-Baba
March 29, 2018, 07:34 PM
Mosaddek is ready. FC average is through the roof. He hasn't been given the opportunity due to Hathu's fascination with Sabbir, Imrul, and Soumya.

Please do carefully read my statement - I specifically mentioned for "top-order" position. For other positions Ashraful should not get chance as the others I mentioned including Mosaddek are very capable of performing.

DinRaat.
March 29, 2018, 07:36 PM
The thief is back.

Kana-Baba
March 29, 2018, 07:43 PM
Those of you who are whining about ethics or morality, should not forget that a country runs by a set a laws. This is not a banana republic. The legal system of the country clearly defines both punishment and reunification to the society.

Ashraful served his term, and now legally he should be considered for national team based on performance. Any exception to that on the basis of one or two persons emotion or boundary of ethics/morality is unlawful. Period.

Fazal
March 29, 2018, 10:24 PM
Those of you who are whining about ethics or morality, should not forget that a country runs by a set a laws. This is not a banana republic. The legal system of the country clearly defines both punishment and reunification to the society.

Ashraful served his term, and now legally he should be considered for national team based on performance. Any exception to that on the basis of one or two persons emotion or boundary of ethics/morality is unlawful. Period.

Love it or hate it, that's not how it works in sports or in civil society ...specially when you sell your team (in this case your country)..people get punishment they get some sort of chance.. but it will never be erazed from his life nor will he be completely forgiven and forgotten... And there is nothing unlawful about that.

Just ask Pete Rose about that.

BCB is very serious about any potential risk of match fixing. I doubt Ashraful will get any chance in national team under this management. Don't believe me? Look at Al Amin. He was never officially accused of match fixing, but he is pretty much phased out of the national team... and we know why is that.

So people who are dreaming about Ashraful comming back to the national team...keep dreaming on...

Jadukor
March 29, 2018, 10:28 PM
like people say.. 30 is the new 20. So by that logic Ashraful is merely 23. Plenty of talent and years left in him to play for Bangladesh. We just need a leap of faith with this guy

Rifat
March 29, 2018, 10:57 PM
His strike rate is very slow for 2018. and even in DPL too. let him play in BPL first and then we can consider him for T20. I still think he can walk into the test side today if Bangladesh was playing a test match today. Experience in Test matches matters a lot(so does in other formats but moreso in tests than any other formats)

Night_wolf
March 30, 2018, 12:09 AM
like people say.. 30 is the new 20. So by that logic Ashraful is merely 23. Plenty of talent and years left in him to play for Bangladesh. We just need a leap of faith with this guy

we took enough leap of faith with him. how many times do we need to die?

if we need to take a leap we need to do it with shanto

Roey Haque
March 30, 2018, 12:20 AM
What if....Ashraful returns to test cricket, not now, but when he is 47 and scores a ton. That would make him test cricket's both youngest and oldest centurion. Right now JB Hobbs has the record at 46 years of age done in 1929.

Roni_uk
March 30, 2018, 06:12 AM
Ya its about time. Please bring him back. He has another 2/3 years in him before he reties.

Jadukor
March 30, 2018, 08:12 AM
we took enough leap of faith with him. how many times do we need to die?

if we need to take a leap we need to do it with shanto

Just replace Kayes with Ash. What is the worst that could happen? You get those triple bouncing leg spinning off breaks as a bonus

Night_wolf
March 30, 2018, 08:32 AM
Just replace Kayes with Ash. What is the worst that could happen? You get those triple bouncing leg spinning off breaks as a bonus

Kayes needs to get the chop as well. he is the only guy who has played 30+ test match has a lower percentage of 50+ scores than Ash.

Ashraful scores a 50+ score 11% of the time

Kayes scores 10% of the time

last two years that 10% has come down to 5%

Jadukor
March 30, 2018, 08:34 AM
Kayes needs to get the chop as well. he is the only guy who has played 30+ test match has a lower percentage of 50+ scores than Ash.

See i knew it.. let us reclaim that valuable 1% advantage.

mufi_02
March 30, 2018, 08:36 AM
nekre has no heart. mone raikho ek maghey kintu sheet jai nah.

Night_wolf
March 30, 2018, 08:41 AM
you guys will bring ashraful from kobor and score ducks for Bangladesh if that was possible, why you love ducks so much from that chicken?

Jadukor
March 30, 2018, 08:57 AM
you guys will bring ashraful from kobor and score ducks for Bangladesh if that was possible, why you love ducks so much from that chicken?

Enough with your sensible and well reasoned arguements Nekre. We dont wanna hear it. We want early eid celebrations. We need to see the cobra dancing aguner gola one last time

mufi_02
March 30, 2018, 09:00 AM

[বাংলা]সবাই তোমাকে কষ্ট দিবে। তোমাকে শুধু এমন একজনকে খুঁজে নিতে হবে, যার দেয়া কষ্ট তুমি সহ্য করতে পারবে। [/বাংলা]

said Humayun Ahmed. For us, it is Ash.

DinRaat.
March 30, 2018, 10:03 AM
Bring him back, at least I get to say "I told you so"

RazabQ
March 30, 2018, 10:35 AM
2.0 sounds matured and self-aware

http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1459846/%E0%A6%AE%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%AB%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%AA%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BF-%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AB%E0%A 7%81%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%83%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%8D%E0%A 6%9E%E0%A6%A4%E0%A6%BE
If he needs Mash to tell him to work on his fitness, after having been a professional since his teens, then he really has not matured. Let him continue to perform. Based on other player's form and team performance, he could ostensibly come back.

roman
March 30, 2018, 10:54 AM
Puran Prem bhola jay na. Aah those days..

Yankees
March 30, 2018, 10:59 AM

last two years that 10% has come down to 5%

IT BOGGLES THE MIND HOW IMRUL CONTINUES TO HAVE A PLACE IN THE TEAM.

IT
BOGGLES
THE
MIND

I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE. DAMNIT :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

kalpurush
March 30, 2018, 02:34 PM
And in my book a convicted corrupt, who sold his sole and the country for few bucks cannot be forgotten or excused.

^^^ that's interesting! Emotional and a hot slogan while you march on the DU campus, specially when you are young!! ;) :)

BNP & K: We all know what she or her sons did -> yet we forgive her and wants to reward her...

BAL & H:: Same as the above, not proven yet but we all know!?

Trump: American made him the most powerful person on earth knowing all ...racist, corrupt, abuser, liar (lied to Canadian PM and so on)

Well, I can go on and on and on...

Punosch: Morally I am with you Fazal bhai, but in reality things are different, unfortunately.

Look at the Aussie ball-tempering saga -> Do you believe three batters plan to temper the ball and the bowlers do not know that?

kalpurush
March 30, 2018, 02:41 PM
If he needs Mash to tell him to work on his fitness, after having been a professional since his teens, then he really has not matured. .

This.

Ash is ash and will remain Ash in regards to his maturity and so on...

aklemalp
March 30, 2018, 02:43 PM
One return century from him and the bandwagon will swell.

Greatest talent to go to waste in cricket.

Fazal
March 30, 2018, 02:54 PM
^^^ that's interesting! Emotional and a hot slogan while you march on the DU campus, specially when you are young!! ;) :)

BNP & K: We all know what she or her sons did -> yet we forgive her and wants to reward her...

BAL & H:: Same as the above, not proven yet but we all know!?

Trump: American made him the most powerful person on earth knowing all ...racist, corrupt, abuser, liar (lied to Canadian PM and so on)

Well, I can go on and on and on...

Punosch: Morally I am with you Fazal bhai, but in reality things are different, unfortunately.

Look at the Aussie ball-tempering saga -> Do you believe three batters plan to temper the ball and the bowlers do not know that?

KP Bhai,

People often try to justify or try to minimize someone's crime with example of thousands of unpunished crime in this world. That may fly with others, but not with me.... example of Trump, BNP and BAl has no relevance in this matter. Just because they go unpunished doesn't mean we have to forgive and forget every crime.

I don't follow Bangladesh politics and I rarely respect a politician except few like mandela, Carter, etc. Nor am I saying these for cheap popularity.

I follow Bangladesh cricket because of our passion and something I can be proud of my country living away from home. We give our unconditional love for players like Mashrafee (for example) who give 100% effort, that's why he is our hero, our role model. Playing national team and representing your country is a big privilege, it comes with money and fame, but it also comes with responsibility.

Selling games while playing for your national team for you may be another minor crime, but for me it a big NO ... NO.... this is where a boundary is crossed and at that point I can never trust that player again in my life, nor can I support him ever.

Yes I can understand he paid his price and he need some kind of rehab... that's why I have no problem if continue to play in local team and earn some money...but playing for the national team ...sorry I cannot except him ever.

Historically a cheater is always a cheater.... its a matter of time when (not if) he will again show his true face.

Eshen
March 30, 2018, 03:00 PM
If he needs Mash to tell him to work on his fitness, after having been a professional since his teens, then he really has not matured. Thanks for pointing that out.

I rather continue with Soumya than bringing this moron back.

Yankees
March 30, 2018, 03:05 PM
we should bring Ash back and have him partner with Imrul at the top. Uff ki jori. mashallah.

kalpurush
March 30, 2018, 03:23 PM
KP Bhai,

People often try to justify or try to minimize someone's crime with example of thousands of unpunished crime in this world. That may fly with others, but not with me.... example of Trump, BNP and BAl has no relevance in this matter. Just because they go unpunished doesn't mean we have to forgive and forget every crime.

I don't follow Bangladesh politics and I rarely respect a politician except few like mandela, Carter, etc. Nor am I saying these for cheap popularity.

I follow Bangladesh cricket because of our passion and something I can be proud of my country living away from home. We give our unconditional love for players like Mashrafee (for example) who give 100% effort, that's why he is our hero, our role model. Playing national team and representing your country is a big privilege, it comes with money and fame, but it also comes with responsibility.

Selling games while playing for your national team for you may be another minor crime, but for me it a big NO ... NO.... this is where a boundary is crossed and at that point I can never trust that player again in my life, nor can I support him ever.

Yes I can understand he paid his price and he need some kind of rehab... that's why I have no problem if continue to play in local team and earn some money...but playing for the national team ...sorry I cannot except him ever.

Historically a cheater is always a cheater.... its a matter of time when (not if) he will again show his true face.

:up: Wonderfully said and agreed :)

Fazal bhai, I did not try to justify what Ash did, rather reflecting the reality -> Ash might be back if he keeps performing like he is currently doing...regardless we dislike it or not as we have no say... and it depends on BCB and who is running it...

iDumb
March 30, 2018, 03:28 PM

Just to correct you. He did this in BPL I believe. Was not playing for the national team. When it came to exodus for ICL - he remained true to his country and didn't divert despite the huge amount of money offered to him.

BPL initially was seen by everyone as money making gig. Nothing else. Sometimes a little perspective is important. I live by the principal of forgiving ppl for their mistakes. Specially young people. We all have our lack of judgement sometime.

One World
March 30, 2018, 08:26 PM
Plethora of 6 and 9. Fans hatred towards someone who became scapegoat in a local league for cheating is really astonishing. Dhaka Soccer is known for fixed matches but it did not stop us cherish those players when serving in national team. I was expecting little more advanced perspective from some of the honorary members here. Reminds me Noc's signature.

NoName
March 30, 2018, 08:41 PM
Aus banned an ATG in the making and a Great for something small as ball tampering and here we contemplating bringing back a once in a blue moon type player who was convicted of fixing :lol:

Night_wolf
March 30, 2018, 10:43 PM
for people who thinks he only cheated in BPL, he admited himself cheating while playing for Bangladesh

DinRaat.
March 30, 2018, 10:57 PM
for people who thinks he only cheated in BPL, he admited himself cheating while playing for Bangladesh

Does he mention what matches.

Night_wolf
March 30, 2018, 11:01 PM
Does he mention what matches.

no but when the bodai got caught he admitted he cheated while playing for BD as well

he was playing the honest card so that his ban would be less severe. but his brain could not process what amount of honest information to through out. so he admitted all

I am sure about one match. we were playing against NZ in T20 WC. NZ scored 200+. ashraful played tuktuk while chasing while having no intent to fire. we end up scoring 140 something because of that.

Jadukor
March 31, 2018, 12:21 AM
This looks like a hit thread! Well done thread opener

Yankees
March 31, 2018, 02:05 AM
no but when the bodai got caught he admitted he cheated while playing for BD as well

he was playing the honest card so that his ban would be less severe. but his brain could not process what amount of honest information to through out. so he admitted all

I am sure about one match. we were playing against NZ in T20 WC. NZ scored 200+. ashraful played tuktuk while chasing while having no intent to fire. we end up scoring 140 something because of that.

he did? News to me. Now I feel even less sympathy for him (whatever little there was). Not because he cheated, but because he admitted it without being directly asked. What an idiot.

If anyone of you ever get in trouble, remember the golden rule: stfu and lawyer up, and only admit to things when there is evidence. Honesty gets you nowhere. Good lesson for us all.

Night_wolf
March 31, 2018, 03:50 AM
he did? News to me. Now I feel even less sympathy for him (whatever little there was). Not because he cheated, but because he admitted it without being directly asked. What an idiot.

If anyone of you ever get in trouble, remember the golden rule: stfu and lawyer up, and only admit to things when there is evidence. Honesty gets you nowhere. Good lesson for us all.

In this case honesty actually helped him, he would have been banned for life, but since he showed honesty(big question mark, I dont trust this fool, played the honesty card to get sympathy and he got many) his sanction was reduced and he came back playing cricket.

MarufH
March 31, 2018, 02:39 PM
এখনো যারা "আশরাফুল" প্রেমে মগ্ন, এইটা তাদের জন্য!
আসুন পড়ি, জানি ও অন্যকে জানাই..

১. আশরাফুল তো নিজে থেকেই সব দোষ স্বীকার করেছেন…

তর্জমা: আত্মগ্লানিতে রাতের ঘুম হারাম, দিনে অস্থিরতা। অনুশোচনা পুড়তে পুড়তে ‘খাঁটি’ হওয়া। কোনো নির্ঘুম এক রাত শেষে সুন্দর ভোরে মনস্থির করে ফেলা। এরপর মিডিয়ার সামনে অকপটে সব স্বীকার!

আশরাফুলের ব্যাপারটি কি এরকমই ছিল? মোটেও না! আকসুর জালে সে বন্দী হয়েছিল। আকসুর হাতে ছিল সব প্রমাণ। আকসুর কাছে শুরুতে সবই অস্বীকার করেছে। পরে একটার পর একটা প্রমাণ দেখাতে শুরু করার পর আস্তে আস্তে সে ভেঙে পড়ে। জিজ্ঞাসাবাদের প্রথম দিনেই সব প্রমাণ চোখের সামনে দেখার পর স্বীকার করে। যদিও তখন করা আর না করার পার্থক্য সামান্য। তবে আকসুর জন্য আশরাফুলের স্বীকারোক্তি জরুরী ছিল আরেকটা কারণে। স্বীকার করা মানে তখন তাকে জিজ্ঞাসাবাদ করে জড়িত অন্যদের কথাও জানা যায়।২. মিডিয়ার সামনে কান্না করে নিজের ভুল স্বীকার করেছে আশরাফুল, জাতির কাছে ক্ষমা চেয়েছে…

তর্জমা: আবারও ওপরের কথা দিয়েই শুরু করতে হয়। নিজে থেকে কিছুই করেননি। আকসুর কাছে ধরা খেয়ে এবং স্বীকার করতে বাধ্য হওয়ার পর, এবং আরও কয়েকজনের নামসহ অনেক কিছু বলার পরও আশরাফুল চুপচাপ ছিলেন। পরে প্রথমে কালের কণ্ঠ পত্রিকায় নিউজ হয়। এরপর প্রথম আলোতে। সাংবাদিকরা সব ছুটে যান আশরাফুলের বাসায়। তখন কথা বলতে বলতে এক পর্যায়ে কেঁদে ফেলেন আশরাফুল। ক্ষমা চান।

আশরাফুল পরে একটি টিভিতে বলেছিলেন, মিডিয়ার কোনো এক বড় ভাইকে বিশ্বাস করে বলেছিলেন আকসুর কাছে ধরা খাওয়ার কথা। সেই বড় ভাই পরে নিউজ করে দিয়েছে। যাই হোক, তাতে সেই বড় ভাইকে আমরা বিশ্বাসঘাতক বলতে পারি। তবে এটাও বুঝতে পারি, ওই বড় ভাই নিউজ না করলে আকসুর রায় না আসা পর্যন্ত আশরাফুল কিছুই বলতেন না। স্বীকার করা বা জাতির কাছে ক্ষমা চাওয়া তো বহূদুর।

শেষ কথা একটাই, নিজে থেকে কিছুই করেনি আশরাফুল (ফিক্সিং ছাড়া)। কাজেই তার সাহস আছে, সত্য স্বীকার করেছে, এসব কথা বলে ‘সত্য’, ‘সাহস’ এই ধরণের শব্দগুলোর অপমান করবেন না!

৩. আশরাফুল তো দেশের সঙ্গে বেঈমানি করে নাই। ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি টুর্নামেন্ট একটু ভুল করে ফেলছে। মালিকপক্ষই তো সব দুই নম্বর!

তর্জমা: আকসুর জিজ্ঞাসাবাদেই আশরাফুল স্বীকার করেছে, ২০০৪ সাল থেকে সে বাংলাদেশের হয়ে আন্তর্জাতিক ম্যাচেও স্পট ফিক্সিং করেছে। ৩টি ম্যাচের কথা তো স্বীকারই করেছে। ২০০৪ সালে ভারতের বিপক্ষে ওয়ানডে, ২০১০ সালে ভারতের বিপক্ষে টেস্টে, ২০১২ টি-টেয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপে। আশরাফুল বলেছিলেন, সাবেক তিন ক্রিকেটার তাকে এই জগতে এনেছেন। আইসিসি তখন জানিয়েছিল যে এসবেরও তদন্ত হবে। কিন্তু আইসিসি বলে কথা, পাড়ার যুব সমিতির মত সংগঠন। সেই তদন্ত শুরুর খবর নাই।৫. ভুল করেছে, শাস্তি পেয়েছে। মাফ করে দেওয়াই যায়। মানবিকতা বলেও তো ব্যপার আছে!

তর্জমা: অবশ্যই আছে। অবশ্যই ক্ষমা কেউ করতে পারেন। কেউ ক্ষমা নাও করতে পারেন। কোনোটাতেই ক্ষতি বা সমস্যা নেই। তবে তাকে ‘নায়ক’ বানাতে গেলেই সমস্যা! নিষেধাজ্ঞার শাস্তিতে তার প্রায়শ্চিত্ত হয়নি। পাপের ফল কিছুটা ভোগ করেছে বলা যায়। আবার জাতীয় দলে ফিরে বছরের পর বছর বাংলাদেশের হয়ে অসাধারণ পারফর্ম করলে, অভাবনীয় কিছু করলে, দেশকে অনেক অনেক জয়, অনেক ট্রফি আর সাফল্য এনে দিলে হয়ত বলা যাবে কিছুটা প্রায়শ্চিত্ত হলো।

সেটার জন্য আগে ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে দারুণ খেলতে হবে। ২ বছর পর নিষেধাজ্ঞা পুরো উঠলে জাতীয় দলে ফিরতে হবে। এবং আলাদিনের চেরাগ পেতে হবে। তাইলেই কেবল অভাবনীয় কিছু করা সম্ভব। তা না হওয়া পর্যন্ত আশরাফুল ‘খলনায়ক’ হতে পারে, নায়ক নয়। শাস্তি ভোগ করেছে। ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটে ফিরছে। সাধারণ প্রক্রিয়া। বাড়তি উচ্ছ্বাস কেন? অতি উচ্ছ্বাস দেখিয়ে এই সময়ের তরুণ ক্রিকেটারদের, বা ভবিষ্যত প্রজন্মকে আমরা কি বার্তা দিচ্ছি? ফিক্সিং করো, ইচ্ছেমত টাকা কামাও। ধরা খেলে সমস্যা নাই। ৩ বা ৫ বছর নিষিদ্ধ। মিডিয়ার সামনে কাঁদবা। ভুল করেছি বলে রব তুলবা। নিষেধাজ্ঞা শেষে ‘জাতীয় বীর’ হয়ে ফিরবা, তাই তো?

- collected

Gowza
April 1, 2018, 03:44 AM
Well, another ton from ash but he still isn't putting up very good strike rates, their total is being chased down as we speak.

Shehwar
April 1, 2018, 04:03 AM
No way! Isn’t this his 5th ton? Unbeaten as well and he had mentioned ahead of the match that he was gonna try to score another hundred. What a waste of talent!

kalpurush
April 1, 2018, 05:28 AM
Well, another ton from ash but he still isn't putting up very good strike rates, their total is being chased down as we speak.

For Test, does it that matter!? :)

kalpurush
April 1, 2018, 05:31 AM
No way! Isn’t this his 5th ton? Unbeaten as well and he had mentioned ahead of the match that he was gonna try to score another hundred. What a waste of talent!

Well, watching in-form Ash is a treat to the eyes!! He could be back in national team, you never know!?

Tiger Manc
April 1, 2018, 05:32 AM
3 centuries in a row!

Gowza
April 1, 2018, 05:40 AM
For Test, does it that matter!? :)

If he is to be recalled to the test team then he should prove himself in FC cricket. Playing tuk tuk one day cricket and scoring runs is still different to scoring runs in FC cricket which is the best indicator for test match skills.

Gowza
April 1, 2018, 05:45 AM
I think it should be noted that 4 out of the 5 matches where ash got centuries his team lost, and given his strike rate has been low and he's also been not out in some of those innings then that has to be noted.

cricman
April 1, 2018, 09:18 AM
I think it should be noted that 4 out of the 5 matches where ash got centuries his team lost, and given his strike rate has been low and he's also been not out in some of those innings then that has to be noted.

The team has been 1 down or 2 down in within the 1st 2-3 overs in these instances.

He's playing for the worst team and the bowlers can't seem to make any inroads.

I don't think he's ODI material, if he can flip the switch. I would want him on T20 and I'd want him for Tests

Tigers_eye
April 1, 2018, 09:39 AM
The team has been 1 down or 2 down in within the 1st 2-3 overs in these instances.

He's playing for the worst team and the bowlers can't seem to make any inroads.

I don't think he's ODI material, if he can flip the switch. I would want him on T20 and I'd want him for Tests
Cricman citing!! Well it is an Ashraful thread. :D

How things with you?

Jadukor
April 1, 2018, 09:56 AM
Why arent the others scoring 7 centuries so that we dont have to talk about Ashraful's 5?

Kohli_Sox
April 1, 2018, 11:21 AM
Ash is ash. Bring back Ash.

Ash did his time. Everyone deserves second chance. Our batting order needs him.

Kohli_Sox
April 1, 2018, 11:28 AM
https://youtu.be/1pSYmBYjDl8

cricman
April 1, 2018, 11:44 AM
Cricman citing!! Well it is an Ashraful thread. :D

How things with you?

Trying to figure life out, watching sports from afar.

More Interested in Tiger at the Masters then these Tigers at the moment

kalpurush
April 1, 2018, 04:15 PM
Why arent the others scoring 7 centuries so that we dont have to talk about Ashraful's 5?

Hey, at least, he gave you a hit thread...!;)

aklemalp
April 1, 2018, 04:42 PM
Ashraful 1.0

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/192700/192741.jpg

Ashraful 2.0

http://cdn.thedailystar.net/sites/default/files/beta2/uploads/2013/03/sp057.jpg

weekyd
April 1, 2018, 07:40 PM
The only Ashraful I will ever consider in the BD squad is an Ashraful jnr.

One World
April 2, 2018, 09:52 AM
Ash is ash. Bring back Ash.

Ash did his time. Everyone deserves second chance. Our batting order needs him.

Although I second your opinion, but sometimes as ShineDown says, Goodbye is a second chance.

bujhee kom
April 2, 2018, 11:12 AM
Insh Allah, If Allah permits, I will dine at Ashraful's Schuawan Restaurant at Bashabo in a couple of weeks.

I will post photos the dishes, menu and the bones after I am done eating and picture of Ashraful along with a few words (Duas for BC-bashi) from him and in this thread.
Hopefully I can go there with Rabz, Auntu, Sadi (Warwolf), Magicboy and Ahnaf. And hopefully they will fork the bill and treat me Insh Allah!

ahnaf
April 2, 2018, 12:14 PM
Insh Allah, If Allah permits, I will dine at Ashraful's Schuawan Restaurant at Bashabo in a couple of weeks.

I will post photos the dishes, menu and the bones after I am done eating and picture of Ashraful along with a few words (Duas for BC-bashi) from him and in this thread.
Hopefully I can go there with Rabz, Auntu, Sadi (Warwolf), Magicboy and Ahnaf. And hopefully they will fork the bill and treat me Insh Allah!

Absolutely Javed Bhaiya. Let us know when you land :)

Shobsheshe ashraful ke shoho ekta group hug hoye jabe? Ki bolen?

Night_wolf
April 2, 2018, 12:20 PM

BC BD get together?

bujhee kom
April 2, 2018, 01:10 PM
Ashraful 1.0

Sean Penn 1.0

Sean Penn 2.0

Sean Penn 3.3

ahnaf
April 2, 2018, 01:23 PM
BC BD get together?

Adnan bhai get together e ashchilen na age ekbar?

bujhee kom
April 2, 2018, 01:23 PM

BC BD get together?

Absolutely, Ahnaf, let's meet and eat! Group Hug is a must with Ash...if not group hagu!
Nightwolf, meet us in Dhaka from your Australia!

Night_wolf
April 2, 2018, 10:31 PM
Adnan bhai get together e ashchilen na age ekbar?

yeah sei 2012 te. BD vs Zim er khela dekhtesilam sobai.

Polapain er modhe ami, Tumi, Mac r Magic_boy chilam. echara Zunaid bhai Suaziburo bhai, Rabz bhai, SS bhai, Auntu bhai, Riankhan bhai aro oneke chilo. dukher bepar hoilo Zim er sathe match ta harsilam:-|

DinRaat.
April 3, 2018, 01:19 AM
Ashraful 1.0

http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/192700/192741.jpg

Ashraful 2.0

http://cdn.thedailystar.net/sites/default/files/beta2/uploads/2013/03/sp057.jpg

Ashraful 3.0

http://www.dhakatribune.com/assets/uploads/2013/07/Ashraful_6.jpg

Yankees
April 3, 2018, 01:28 AM

Is it true that if you eat there, you end up ashrafull?

DinRaat.
April 3, 2018, 02:05 AM
Is it true that if you eat there, you end up ashrafull?

That was a poor joke, by your standards.

adamnsu
April 3, 2018, 03:42 AM

Hope you have great time there. Please give a review of the place

Night_wolf
April 3, 2018, 04:00 AM
Absolutely, Ahnaf, let's meet and eat! Group Hug is a must with Ash...if not group hagu!
Nightwolf, meet us in Dhaka from your Australia!

Australia was never mine! I am at what is mine!

BK da open a get together dhaka thread at the get together section, lets meet!

Jadukor
April 3, 2018, 05:41 AM
Old is gold guys. Ash etodin por aisha akdom fatai fello. I am not worried about his strike rate. There is nobody better than this guy as a front and backfoot player. If he can score premidated centuries that means he still has it in him to succeed. Send him to A team tours this year and then consider him for WC 2019 based on performance.

DinRaat.
April 3, 2018, 06:30 AM
Same ole same ole.

One step forward, two steps back.

anon4567
April 3, 2018, 07:02 AM
Ashraful 3.0

http://www.dhakatribune.com/assets/uploads/2013/07/Ashraful_6.jpg

Reminds me of the original Spider-man trilogy, in that exact same order.

DinRaat.
April 3, 2018, 07:27 AM
For the die hard Ash fans

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2mb-rQqYUu4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

simon
April 3, 2018, 01:07 PM
Ei deķhun Sirji'r usilay apnader ekta get togeza hoye jacchey, tarporeo apnara tar strike rate er pechon lagsen.
Arey miyas, we have hard hitters like Roeyhim,Ryad,Sub-bir to make up for Sirjis s.r.

roman
April 3, 2018, 02:37 PM
Amader Sirji ekhono BC te dui ta hit thread khilar khomota rakhe. Sirjir Eid innigs er jonno BC teo get together hocche. Koi Banglar Brad Pit Sub Bir to ekhono ek ta hit thread amader ke upohar dite parlo na. Kono g2g upohar dite parlo na. Admit it, moner gohine ajo apnader Sirjir jonno bhalo basha lukiye achey. Dui ta eid innings khelate abar shei bhalo basha solat solat kore beriye ashchey.

anon4567
April 3, 2018, 07:38 PM
Somethings just never change..
Ashraful equal #2 for most ducks on DPL (3 Ducks).. :facepalm: :lol:
Just 1 duck away from #1..
https://i.imgur.com/3rElbXb.png

bujhee kom
April 4, 2018, 01:41 PM
Ei deķhun Sirji'r usilay apnader ekta get togeza hoye jacchey, tarporeo apnara tar strike rate er pechon lagsen.
Arey miyas, we have hard hitters like Roeyhim,Ryad,Sub-bir to make up for Sirjis s.r.

Amader Sirji ekhono BC te dui ta hit thread khilar khomota rakhe. Sirjir Eid innigs er jonno BC teo get together hocche. Koi Banglar Brad Pit Sub Bir to ekhono ek ta hit thread amader ke upohar dite parlo na. Kono g2g upohar dite parlo na. Admit it, moner gohine ajo apnader Sirjir jonno bhalo basha lukiye achey. Dui ta eid innings khelate abar shei bhalo basha solat solat kore beriye ashchey.

Ahha bhaiyos, Khawanor Malik Allah, Upash Koranor Malik Allah.
Ashraful is only Usila and the Cook!
BTW guys, do you think that Ash will refuse to take money from us BC Chanda party when we go eat at his restaurant? Do you think he will treat us with the meals for free? Taholey bolo, amra kheyeo asbo, abar asaar pothe Tiffin-Carrier kore kichu Bari-te niye asbo...to eat later as midnight snack.

Fazal
April 6, 2018, 05:46 PM
Ashraful is the only Usila and the crook?

Nocturnal
April 6, 2018, 10:52 PM
He played for Kalabagan ... His team won 2 out 13 matches they played .. Total 4 points and relegated to Tier 2 ... The other team got relegated won 5 matches (10 points) .. Not even close what his team did .. Big deal he scored those 5 centuries!! Let him play Second tier next year and score 5 double and promotion back to DPL ... We can may be consider him for national team then!

Jadukor
April 8, 2018, 02:50 AM
Why are you people going bananas over Ash playing for kolabagan? Yes it is true He played for the weakest team but if you think logically it means he must have therefore faced the strongest possible opposition bowling in DPL. He wasnt so lucky like that guy Gordon Greenidge who never had to face the ferocious WI pace attack. Imagine the difficult examination Taskin Abul Rubel etc gave him. He probably had to grind and sweat it out for long periods and play out perhaps 6, 7 balls before finding a loose ball to hit. People say we have better options.. somebody young and twice as good then why arent those folks scoring 10 centuries and ending this debate? When Ash bats oil, he is a beast.. he can hit like Shabbir on steroids and also be as sublime as Soumya on lipton cha. #givehimachance

DinRaat.
April 8, 2018, 06:11 PM
Why are you people going bananas over Ash playing for kolabagan? Yes it is true He played for the weakest team but if you think logically it means he must have therefore faced the strongest possible opposition bowling in DPL. He wasnt so lucky like that guy Gordon Greenidge who never had to face the ferocious WI pace attack. Imagine the difficult examination Taskin Abul Rubel etc gave him. He probably had to grind and sweat it out for long periods and play out perhaps 6, 7 balls before finding a loose ball to hit. People say we have better options.. somebody young and twice as good then why arent those folks scoring 10 centuries and ending this debate? When Ash bats oil, he is a beast.. he can hit like Shabbir on steroids and also be as sublime as Soumya on lipton cha. #givehimachance

....and match fix better than Mohammad Amir and pakistan combined.

Kana-Baba
April 8, 2018, 07:38 PM
Guess who has the highest average in DPL? Haters aren't gonna like that. :)

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=12250;type=tournament

Yankees
April 8, 2018, 08:28 PM
....and match fix better than Mohammad Amir and pakistan combined.

Amir is a national team level fixer. Ash is only BPL good. Still has a long way to go to catch up the pakistanis.

Night_wolf
April 8, 2018, 08:52 PM
Amir is a national team level fixer. Ash is only BPL good. Still has a long way to go to catch up the pakistanis.

ash has been fixing for national team since 2004, ash would say to amir "ristey me to hum tomara bap lagte hain"

DinRaat.
April 8, 2018, 09:18 PM

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=12250;type=tournament

Guess who has fixed the most matches for Bangladesh? Haters aren't gonna like that. :)

Gowza
April 8, 2018, 11:21 PM

Shouldn’t more than just that average be considered? Like strike rate? Career average (to show consistency)? Talent ceiling?

Roey Haque
April 9, 2018, 01:24 AM
Ashraful can be our batting coach. His "Do as I say, not as I do"style shall prevail.

Boom! Kill two threads with one stone.

Jadukor
April 9, 2018, 04:51 AM
You cant kill threads with a stone. Try one of your horrible rahim jokes... that might drive people away from my hit thread

Kana-Baba
April 9, 2018, 10:14 AM
Shouldn’t more than just that average be considered? Like strike rate? Career average (to show consistency)? Talent ceiling?

That is a different story.... I just mentioned one aspect of statistics.

BTW, strike rate is not a problem for a guy who has all the shots in his sleeve. Anyone coming from a long vacation (or ban) would try to spend time on the field as much as possible. Ashraul just did that intelligently. It is only matter of time that he would accelerate the pace.

Talent ceiling? You must be kidding. This guy sweeped McGrath for a boundary in Cardiff! Talent was never a question for him. It was his brain fart that raised eyebrows.

Gowza
April 9, 2018, 04:41 PM
That is a different story.... I just mentioned one aspect of statistics.

BTW, strike rate is not a problem for a guy who has all the shots in his sleeve. Anyone coming from a long vacation (or ban) would try to spend time on the field as much as possible. Ashraul just did that intelligently. It is only matter of time that he would accelerate the pace.

Talent ceiling? You must be kidding. This guy sweeped McGrath for a boundary in Cardiff! Talent was never a question for him. It was his brain fart that raised eyebrows.

Please stay calm and neutral, I never said ash didn't have a high talent ceiling. As far as strike rate, i've said it before his team lost most matches where he scored the tons and in most of those matches his strike rate was under 80 so either ash has lost his hitting mojo ability or he made some pretty poor decisions out in the middle being a senior player because he clearly should've upped his strike rates in those innings and given his team a better chance.

A strike rate of 75-80 in the current one day game is low, keep in mind his talent, experience and that it was domestic cricket(I.e. Not as high quality as international cricket which ash has played plenty of). Youngsters like Liton and shanto scored well with really good averages and struck in the mid 90s.

If ash was trying to get time in the middle he did a good job but those strike rates are certainly nothing to defend considering his team win/loss record in those matches.

Rinathq
April 9, 2018, 05:59 PM
Agree with Gowza on this one. SR under 80 isnt acceptable anymore... Unless he can score a 100 9 out of 10 days, that SR doesnt mean much. Although I will say this, With the team he played in, most of the time slowing down was required because of the lack of reliable batsmen around him. Lets see how he plays in this upcoming BPL.

Jadukor
April 9, 2018, 06:48 PM
Strike rate is not an issue with Ash but consistency is. The real issue as kana-baba pointed out is whether he can overcome his brain farts. He scored slowly because he wanted to preserve his wicket and score a ton and the biggest takeway is that he was able to do that without losing his wicket.

Yankees
April 9, 2018, 08:14 PM
Ash and brainfarts are like Laila Majnu. Cant have 1 without the other.

aklemalp
April 9, 2018, 08:29 PM
So prior to this competition, he had only made 5 List A centuries?

I've checked his career stats on Cricinfo, and saw that he has 10 List A centuries now.
Quite a feat.

Also, as a batsman, his List A batting average is dreadful: 25.57. This is slightly better than his ODI average: 22.23.

History will look at those stats and ignore him. I don't know about the BCB selectors.

One World
April 9, 2018, 09:09 PM
Stats does not always replicate capability of a player. I find the new Ash can be an asset for BD.
Nobody knew what Mash can do with his almost broken pair of knees and look where he is now.
And yes those players like Mash proves time to time that age is just a number.

aklemalp
April 9, 2018, 09:16 PM
^^ we can't run away from the stats .

The past will always haunt us.
Hence, that's why I said that it's quite the feat of him doubling his number of List A centuries in this tournament alone. Ashraful 2.0 is hungry.

Gowza
April 9, 2018, 09:50 PM
So let me ask this, why pick ash over liton or shanto? They’ve been more consistent for longer, have more time on their side, better strike rates etc.

Jadukor
April 10, 2018, 01:53 AM
Best way to make a statement would be by making runs on an A team tour. It is time BCB sends all our reserve players on A team tours to get them match ready for WC 2019. Ash should play no 3 and must score runs before being brought into the national setup. He plays pace and spin equally well and if he has matured over the years as the five centuries seem to indicate then he should have no problems scoring runs abroad. Once he does that we will have a good option to replace Kayes, Soumya or Shabbir with Ash for England WC 2019.

Ash has a century in Eng against the Aussies and so there is no doubt he has the ability to do it again. He can be the wildcard we need because Soumya, Shabbir, Kayes has done nothing in Champions Trophy and right now these 3 are a liability to our batting. We can experiment with Liton Shanto amd Ash as replacements to see if it works.

Fazal
April 10, 2018, 12:00 PM
Ashraful 2.0 is hungry.

Already? Ramadan is still one months away.

Fazal
April 10, 2018, 12:04 PM
So let me ask this, why pick ash over liton or shanto? .

you ask too many hard questions. Because 1st love is hard to forget...

aklemalp
April 10, 2018, 12:04 PM
Already? Ramadan is still one months away.

Eating for 2 since it's Ashraful 2.0:DE-)E-)

Fazal
April 10, 2018, 12:05 PM
Ash and brainfarts are like Laila Majnu. Cant have 1 without the other.

yes. and also brainfarts are farts... but without any smell.

Fazal
April 10, 2018, 12:07 PM
ash has been fixing for national team since 2004, ash would say to amir "ristey me to hum tomara bap lagte hain"

Baap re baap... eta hindi naki urdu?

aklemalp
April 11, 2018, 09:20 AM
Ashraful 2.0 failed today in his time at the crease for East Zone in BCL action.

He cracked 12 off 59 balls with a solitary boundary; he also occupied the crease for an hour and 18 minutes before being trapped leg before wicket by the 'elder statesman', Abdur Razzak

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2018, 09:36 AM
So let me ask this, why pick ash over liton or shanto? They’ve been more consistent for longer, have more time on their side, better strike rates etc.
Because he has a history of fixing matches and others don't? #shouldershrug
+++
(A general statement not necessary related to Cricket) Making money any way one can is the motto of Bengalis. Even if that is detrimental to his/her motherland. And supporting it? That is in our blood.

One World
April 11, 2018, 10:51 AM
You know what is more hurting, finding out the thought process of some of the senior members here. Most BC members are highly educated or positioned at top places who actually represent the group which lead and shape the way our nation should and does modeling and bring things into fruition.

If I am a politician and has past record of many faulty stuffs then I have a better chance to get elected and find a position in the cabinet. If I was imprisoned for some reason it actually notches up my chances. If I am a businessman, the bigger a loan-defaulter I am, the better. Black money all the way. Even probably I can fund a BPL team for making some of it white and still the team will not have any problem to find enough fans.

Now if it is Ash it is a different story. He is the ultimate, should have been an angel, a citizen of Utopia, an Orwellian representative from a country known for corruption. I will write perhaps against him playing in future encounters from a computer using stolen net lines, or from a building which did not meet RAJUK's policy or may be while accepting a number of bureaucrats among my relatives who take bribe regularly when I do not mind keeping good connection with them (who knows if I need their help to get something done in future).

At this point, I do not even care anymore whether he gets to be part of our NT for any format.

:D :flag::flag::floor:

Rifat
April 11, 2018, 11:26 AM
He served his time. I don't see any problems with him coming back, but it has to be performance and merit base. so far he is making a good case for the Test team...

One World
April 11, 2018, 12:16 PM
Question is are you still keeping your facebook account or abandoning it because of Cambridge Analytica data breach?

Are you planning to buy some FB share since it is growing again?

Fazal
April 11, 2018, 01:04 PM
Yes !!! Without Ashrful there is no fun.
Yes !!! Without cheating there is no fun.
Yes !!! with so many corrupt politicians and business man roam in the city (dhaka) how can we dare playing morality card for Ashraful? First get rid of all the corrupt, only then talk about Ashraful.
yes !!! how dare we mention his advanced age as negative? How dare we discriminate him?

Wow I am impressed by the these logic?

Amare Mairalaa...

One World
April 11, 2018, 01:52 PM
He served his time. I don't see any problems with him coming back, but it has to be performance and merit base. so far he is making a good case for the Test team...

No matter how many time you repeat and paraphrase your post, haters will hate :lol:, example right above :lol:

Fazal
April 11, 2018, 03:10 PM
.. sure its all hater's fault... Ashhraful is a nishpaap shishi....a victim here....all those Ashraful's haters forced him to do the dirty job ... that's one way to see the issue if that pleases you.

Can I join a**-kissing fans please....

One World
April 12, 2018, 08:53 AM
More you vent, more vulnerable childish insecure you sound.

Nocturnal
April 12, 2018, 03:18 PM
I was more hurt when players ditch the national team and joined the ICL back in 2008 than Ashraful's cheating. I was actually happy cause that made him (Ash) not available for the national team. He is just a rubbish international batsman. Avg / Strike rate / consistency / experience .. the incredible number of matches he played .... Just waste of spot .. free ride ... If you give someone that many years and match they bound to score few "Eid" innings here and there. He is no great match winner. He can only get a national call if he out do all these new generation player who gets more runs with way better strike rate and consistency in domestic cricket. He has long way to go even for a national 25 member practice squad spot.

Night_wolf
April 12, 2018, 10:37 PM
ash blind fans were blind 10 years ago and still blind

Jadukor
April 12, 2018, 11:37 PM
I was more hurt when players ditch the national team and joined the ICL back in 2008 than Ashraful's cheating. I was actually happy cause that made him (Ash) not available for the national team. He is just a rubbish international batsman. Avg / Strike rate / consistency / experience .. the incredible number of matches he played .... Just waste of spot .. free ride ... If you give someone that many years and match they bound to score few "Eid" innings here and there. He is no great match winner. He can only get a national call if he out do all these new generation player who gets more runs with way better strike rate and consistency in domestic cricket. He has long way to go even for a national 25 member practice squad spot.
The standard of our team has risen over the years and it is true the Ashraful of the past would not be in the first 25 players right now. However to say he was not a match winner during a period where we used to win one or 2 games a year is unfair. He played a major role in our victories back in those days. Ashraful of the past need to be compared with his peers in the team back in those days rather than the likes of Mushfiq Tamim Shakib Ryad that we have now. Compared to Golla, Rokon, Rajin Kapali Aftab etc.. Ash was the match winner in the team and the only guy who could compete with the big teams. His debut century combating Murali was not a fluke and neither was his century in Cardiff vs the Aussies or the half century vs SA in WC. He was brought into the squad way too early and never did justice to his talent but we have to acknowledge that the entire team rose to international standard only in 2007 when the likes of Shakib Tamim Mushy arrived at the scene. What Ash needs to do is prove he has matured and can be consistent. He doesnt have to prove the skill and the obvious talent he has to anyone who has watched him at his best. He faced both spin bowlers and pace bowlers of much higher quality during his days and if he finds form he will do better than the current passengers we have. I hope he gets sent to A team tours so that we really know if he can still deliver.

icricket
April 13, 2018, 11:07 AM
The standard of our team has risen over the years and it is true the Ashraful of the past would not be in the first 25 players right now. However to say he was not a match winner during a period where we used to win one or 2 games a year is unfair. He played a major role in our victories back in those days. Ashraful of the past need to be compared with his peers in the team back in those days rather than the likes of Mushfiq Tamim Shakib Ryad that we have now. Compared to Golla, Rokon, Rajin Kapali Aftab etc.. Ash was the match winner in the team and the only guy who could compete with the big teams. His debut century combating Murali was not a fluke and neither was his century in Cardiff vs the Aussies or the half century vs SA in WC. He was brought into the squad way too early and never did justice to his talent but we have to acknowledge that the entire team rose to international standard only in 2007 when the likes of Shakib Tamim Mushy arrived at the scene. What Ash needs to do is prove he has matured and can be consistent. He doesnt have to prove the skill and the obvious talent he has to anyone who has watched him at his best. He faced both spin bowlers and pace bowlers of much higher quality during his days and if he finds form he will do better than the current passengers we have. I hope he gets sent to A team tours so that we really know if he can still deliver.

Best post of the thread. Agree 100%.

Nocturnal
April 14, 2018, 12:58 AM
Regardless of the era / year / team / Venue ( para, local, int) typical score would be 5,0,7,80 ... Grand Avg of 23 with 70ish strike rate! In the process lost 3 matches & won 1 .... Still we talk about HIM year after year .. thread after thread! *sigh*

Kana-Baba
April 16, 2018, 06:14 PM
Fun fact, that may seem irrelevant at this moment to some of us:

জিম্বাবুয়ের সাথে বাংলাদেশের প্রথম জয়, আশরাফুল ৫১* (২০০৪)
আস্ট্রেলিয়ার সাথে প্রথম জয়, আশরাফুল ১০০ (২০০৫)
শ্রীলঙ্কার সাথে প্রথম জয়, আশরাফুল ৫১ (২০০৬)
দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার সাথে প্রথম জয়, আশরাফুল ৮৭ (২০০৭)
ইন্ডিয়ার সাথে প্রথম জয় আশরাফুল ২৮ (২০০৪)
নিউজিল্যান্ডের সাথে প্রথম জয় আশরাফুল ৬০* (২০০৮)
আয়ারল্যান্ড এর সাথে প্রথম জয় আশরাফুল ৬৪* (২০০৮)
ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ এর সাথে প্রথম জয় আশরাফুল ৫৭ (২০০৯)

* Copied from internet, may have factual error, could not get time to verify.

aklemalp
April 19, 2018, 08:10 AM
Failure for Ashraful 2.0 in the latest BCL fixture

Fazal
April 19, 2018, 08:38 AM
More you vent, more vulnerable childish insecure you sound.

Who is being childish here. People will have different opinion, you don't need to agree with them. When you start doing name calling other, they have every right to name call you back. Dont like this name calling (back to you), stop starting this name calling business. Don't start name calling and then complain when some do the same to you.... that is childish my friend.

I have nothing to be insecure. As far as I am concerned I have seen the last of Ashraful in the national team already.... there is no comming back.

Ashrful's national team career is more or less over....it doesn't mater how many centuries he scores....how hard it to understands that? Of-course unless you are a blind Ashrulf a##kisser.

It doesn't matter what you or I think about his offense, by this time we should all have a good idea what current BCB management think about his offense. Its a kobira guna...there is no pay your price and returning back....

Fazal
April 19, 2018, 08:40 AM
ash blind fans were blind 10 years ago and still blind

no doubt about that.

Looks like finally they are coming back from hibernation.

One World
April 20, 2018, 10:56 AM
But I love Rangpur Riders and their players! I cannot stop being a fan oh no :facepalm:

প্রতারণার দায়ে সোহানা গ্রুপের ব্যবস্থাপনা পরিচালক মো মিজানুর রহমানকে গ্রেপ্তার করেছে পুলিশ। গতকাল বৃহস্পতিবার সন্ধ্যায় তাঁকে গ্রেপ্তার করা হয়।

গ্রেপ্তারকৃত মিজানুর রহমান কক্সবাজারে ১১৩ কাঠা জমির ওপর নির্মাণাধীন পাঁচ তারকা হোটেল হোয়াইট স্যান্ড রিসোর্টের চেয়ারম্যান। তিনি রংপুর রাইডার্সের ফ্র্যাঞ্চাইজি এবং এশিয়ান টিভির সাবেক ব্যবস্থাপনা পরিচালক। মো. মিজানুর রহমানের ফেসবুক পেজে তাঁর সঙ্গে রাষ্ট্রদূতসহ বহু গণ্যমান্য ব্যক্তির ছবি পাওয়া যায়। এক সময় তিনি ওয়ালটন গ্রুপের ভাইস প্রেসিডেন্টও ছিলেন।

গুলশান থানার ভারপ্রাপ্ত কর্মকর্তা আবু বকর সিদ্দিকী প্রথম আলোকে বলেন, মিজানুর রহমানের বিরুদ্ধে গ্রেপ্তারি পরোয়ানা আছে কমপক্ষে ছয়টি। এর মধ্যে তিনটি সাজা পরোয়ানা। তিনি বিভিন্ন সময় প্রতারণা করে লোকজনের কাছ থেকে টাকা পয়সা হাতিয়ে নিয়েছেন।

And I love facebook too, want to buy a lot of share of that company. :bighug: