PDA

View Full Version : Next Fixtures?

Shehwar
March 22, 2018, 03:26 AM
Folks,

What do we have coming up for the rest of the year in terms of international commitments? Couldn’t find any fixtures on Cricinfo for us.

adamnsu
March 22, 2018, 04:01 AM
Read somewhere there are possibilities of some games with Afghanistan but cant remember if its anytime soon either.

Shehwar
March 22, 2018, 04:35 AM
So we have no definite fixture with anyone this year??

adamnsu
March 22, 2018, 04:41 AM
I was referring to the next future games. We do have some reported fixtures though

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/bangladesh-cricket/bangladeshs-cricket-fixtures-2018-1513399

Vahroone
March 22, 2018, 04:44 AM
I was referring to the next future games. We do have some reported fixtures though

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/bangladesh-cricket/bangladeshs-cricket-fixtures-2018-1513399

Bangladesh tours Australia for Tests and ODIs in September? Nice!

Shehwar
March 22, 2018, 05:04 AM
West Indies in June sounds exciting! We should win that series.

DinRaat.
March 22, 2018, 07:25 AM
Bangladesh should play C-team against minnows WI.

hoodlum
March 22, 2018, 07:51 AM
May-June: 3 match ODI series against Afghanistan in India.
June-July: 2 tests, 3 ODIs and 3 T20s against West Indies in West Indies.
August-September: 5 ODIs and 2 T20s against Australia in Australia
September: Asia Cup in Bangladesh.
December-January: Home series against West Indies in Bangladesh.

R0ssei
March 22, 2018, 07:51 AM
^

Wait what? BAN has a C team?

Shehwar
March 22, 2018, 08:22 AM
May-June: 3 match ODI series against Afghanistan in India.
June-July: 2 tests, 3 ODIs and 3 T20s against West Indies in West Indies.
August-September: 5 ODIs and 2 T20s against Australia in Australia
September: Asia Cup in Bangladesh.
December-January: Home series against West Indies in Bangladesh.

Excellent! Need to comprehensively demolish those Afghans with a 3-0 scoreline.

hoodlum
March 22, 2018, 09:53 AM
Excellent! Need to comprehensively demolish those Afghans with a 3-0 scoreline.

I highly doubt that with Mujeeb and Rashid in devastating form.

Shehwar
March 22, 2018, 11:05 AM

Who are these people? Oh! the ones getting regular wickets against amateurs at associate level? We should send our A team against these lot.

Tigers_eye
March 22, 2018, 11:26 AM
Rashid, I am not that concern. Our boys can/should handle him. But Mujeeb!!!!

That boy will be #1 soon and will stay there for a long long time. There is no stopping of him. He has everything a spinner needs. Murali's 534 wkts is under direct threat. His biggest strength is he is humble. Sky is his limit.

al Furqaan
March 22, 2018, 12:43 PM
Rashid, I am not that concern. Our boys can/should handle him. But Mujeeb!!!!

That boy will be #1 soon and will stay there for a long long time. There is no stopping of him. He has everything a spinner needs. Murali's 534 wkts is under direct threat. His biggest strength is he is humble. Sky is his limit.

No way. Mujeeb is like Miraz minus the turn. He looks good against the Papua New Guinea’s and Oman’s. But Rashid is a class bowler and Has already troubled us despit his struggles in this tourney.

NoName
March 22, 2018, 03:33 PM
Why do you guys think Rashid isn't a threat?

Our boys **** their pants against half-assed leg spin so someone like Rashid will have no problems. He already gave us major problems few years ago when they toured and we end up losing a match to them at home. If that isn't enough, Rashid maintains a very healthy econ in most matches he has played in IPL where other famed bowlers have been spanked around.

Tigers_eye
March 22, 2018, 03:52 PM
No way. Mujeeb is like Miraz minus the turn. He looks good against the Papua New Guinea’s and Oman’s. But Rashid is a class bowler and Has already troubled us despit his struggles in this tourney.3/22/2028. Remember that date. (if we are still around) We will see. :)

I have seen Mujeeb bowl and I don't have to see anything else.

Roey Haque
March 22, 2018, 04:21 PM
Our bar is a very low one. Firstly, series win is not ensured. Secondly, winning by big margins is not ensured. The only thing that is ensured is celebrations. You can bet your bottom dollar Rahim and his crew will be doing the cha cha, or salsa, or samba if it is competitive, no matter what the team is.

al Furqaan
March 22, 2018, 07:32 PM
3/22/2028. Remember that date. (if we are still around) We will see. :)

I have seen Mujeeb bowl and I don't have to see anything else.

I've seen him too, which is why I think he's like Miraz except without the talent.

Mas_UK25
March 22, 2018, 07:59 PM
Asia Cup. Again in Bangladesh? Is this some record? 4 in a row.

Hoping we all most of 180mill BDeshis in BD and abroad. Get to see some games away from Dhaka. Asia cup has not been held in Chittagong either. Please get out of this mindset. Stage some games in Ctg and Sylhet. Thank you.

Yankees
March 22, 2018, 08:01 PM
Asia Cup. Again in Bangladesh? Is this some record? 4 in a row.

Hoping we all most of 180mill BDeshis in BD and abroad. Get to see some games away from Dhaka. Asia cup has not been held in Chittagong either. Please get out of this mindset. Stage some games in Ctg and Sylhet. Thank you.

I thought Asia cup was in India? will it be another T20?

Mas_UK25
March 22, 2018, 08:06 PM
I thought Asia cup was in India? will it be another T20?

50 overs this time.

Basically. They went for T20 format to benefit Asian teams for World T20 but no one went to final, let alone winning it. Now it will be 50ov format for Asia Cup, because real cricket world cup (50over format) is in 2019. They will rotate Asia cup around.

It’s to benefit asian teams. And ofcause a lot to play for regional mini, like Euros!

IMO. Asia Cup is indeed the Euros of Cricket. (Those who don’t know what Euros refers to, its the European Championship football).

Yankees
March 22, 2018, 08:12 PM
50 overs this time.

Basically. They went for T20 format to benefit Asian teams for World T20 but no one went to final, let alone winning it. Now it will be 50ov format for Asia Cup, because real cricket world cup (50over format) is in 2019. They will rotate Asia cup around.

It’s to benefit asian teams. And ofcause a lot to play for regional mini, like Euros!

IMO. Asia Cup is indeed the Euros of Cricket. (Those who don’t know what Euros refers to, its the European Championship football).

Except Euros is actually prestigious. But yea pretty much.

A ODI Asia cup in Bangladesh would be great news!

Match Adda
March 22, 2018, 08:44 PM
I have doubts about Australia series, they been saying no, Bcb ashabadi... rest looks fine.
India will be facing trouble to give visa to the Pakistani players in their teroteri ...
So most likely Bds getting another opportunity, another final to nail it ...
And giving us pain relief Advil.

Yankees
March 22, 2018, 08:53 PM
I have doubts about Australia series, they been saying no, Bcb ashabadi... rest looks fine.
India will be facing trouble to give visa to the Pakistani players in their teroteri ...
So most likely Bds getting another opportunity, another final to nail it ...
And giving us pain relief Advil.

:lol::lol: i love you Match Adda man.

Mas_UK25
March 22, 2018, 08:55 PM
:lol::lol: i love you Match Adda man.

He’s like the Jaffarullah Sharafat, of BC.

Rifat
March 22, 2018, 09:39 PM
Bangladesh should play C-team against minnows WI.

that kinda arrogance will bite us in da butt, right where it hurts. last time we toured West Indies we got our rear end handed to us...

Except for Mash as captain and a few new faces team almost the same as 2014. just sayin'

Jadukor
March 24, 2018, 10:19 AM
http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1456426/সিনিয়রদের-বিশ্রাম-দেওয়ার-ভাবনা-বিসিবির

BCBr bolod gula akhono vaabtese. Onno desh 2019 er planning o korey boshey asey ar amra akhono next series ke khelbe ba kader khelano uchit aigula nia akhono vabtesi. Headcoah er o kono khobor nai shob sri lanka gia khela dekhtese

Rifat
March 24, 2018, 10:52 AM
http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/article/1456426/সিনিয়রদের-বিশ্রাম-দেওয়ার-ভাবনা-বিসিবির

BCBr bolod gula akhono vaabtese. Onno desh 2019 er planning o korey boshey asey ar amra akhono next series ke khelbe ba kader khelano uchit aigula nia akhono vabtesi. Headcoah er o kono khobor nai shob sri lanka gia khela dekhtese

for now, they need the rest for next two months. I wish Bangladesh had a nice player rotation program like India so that even guys like Shadman, Afif, Saif, Nazmul Shanto and others can step up

Shehwar
March 24, 2018, 10:58 AM
Tbh resting the seniors against Afghanistan is not a bad idea! Some opportunities for the others waiting on the bench.

Rifat
March 24, 2018, 11:06 AM
Tbh resting the seniors against Afghanistan is not a bad idea! Some opportunities for the others waiting on the bench.

At the same time, Bangladesh ranked #7, losing a series against Afghanistan will be very costly. I wonder what is the repercussion for that? It's a tricky situation no doubt.

Night_wolf
March 24, 2018, 11:32 AM
Shakib had enough rest. no point giving him more rest

hoodlum
March 24, 2018, 01:30 PM
Afghanistan will win the series 3-0 if all the senior players are given rest.

Shehwar
March 24, 2018, 04:10 PM

Nope. Our A team will thrash them. Players like Shahriar Nafees, Anamul Huq, Imrul Kayes, Nasir Hossain, Mominul Huq, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul Islam, Sohag Gazi, Al-Amin Hossain & co are miles better than the Afghan team!

Jadukor
March 24, 2018, 08:52 PM

Yes. If you take those guys out i dont see how we can even score 100 runs.

aklemalp
March 24, 2018, 09:05 PM
Bangladesh are coming to the Caribbean in the summer, right?

Rinathq
March 25, 2018, 12:42 AM
Bangladesh better take Afghanistan seriously. Afghanistan can beat a full Bangladesh side on a given day.

patriot
March 25, 2018, 01:37 AM
Rest for what? Seriously? Rest? for playing two three series a year?

How about resting the senior players from IPL and PSL?

With our full strength team, we will struggle against the Afghans. The last series was a 2-1 against them at home.

NoName
March 25, 2018, 02:47 AM
Can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic saying we should rest our main players against Afg lol

Shaan
March 25, 2018, 03:11 AM
I don't think bcb going to rest all the seniors, may be one or two senior might miss one game or two games just to give exposer to one or two new comers.

adamnsu
March 25, 2018, 03:46 AM
Shakib should be rested and maybe Fizz. Don’t think the other players need to be rested.

However I would like to see some new faces and players like Sarkar and Mehedi need to be axed

brockley
March 25, 2018, 04:19 AM
Moh ibrahim momand

@kayhanmomand
2h2 hours ago
More
Bangladeshis on Indians footsteps
@BCBtigers considers resting seniors in a series of international matches scheduled in #June vs @ACBofficials @MashalAtif @AFG_Sports

Resting Shakib.:floor:

hoodlum
March 25, 2018, 08:56 AM
Nope. Our A team will thrash them. Players like Shahriar Nafees, Anamul Huq, Imrul Kayes, Nasir Hossain, Mominul Huq, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul Islam, Sohag Gazi, Al-Amin Hossain & co are miles better than the Afghan team!

I hope you are following the WC qualifiers. Yes they lost to associate teams like HKG but after the initial slip they recovered well and won rest of the matches. They have beaten WI with ease.

hoodlum
March 25, 2018, 08:58 AM
I cant take a series loss against AFG so they should play full strength squad and rather rest some of them in the WI series. At the moment it looks much tougher to beat AFG than WI.

Rifat_02
March 25, 2018, 09:23 AM
It's laughable that the BCB is even considering resting senior players versus Afghanistan, as if our whole team will be tired playing IPL, makes me scared of the future if such intelligent beings are running and selecting out cricket teams. If anything they should rotate the useless dead weights and see who is more useless

Night_wolf
March 25, 2018, 09:25 AM
Virat kholi after all of Indian Schedule, IPL etc will go and play county cricket. Just because he wants to do well in England tour. and we talk about rest playing hardly 3/4 months a year

Look at kholi, thats dedication. forget about the man's talent. I would love to have a player like that with this amount of dedication, even if he has half of kholi's talent

Night_wolf
March 25, 2018, 09:33 AM
I will go and do hartal in front of BCB office if they rest shakib. this guy took rest in SA. got injured and had enough rest. he looked laking fitness in the SL tri series. he needs matches to become match fit not rest

aklemalp
March 25, 2018, 09:36 AM
I will go and do hartal in front of BCB office if they rest shakib. this guy took rest in SA. got injured and had enough rest. he looked laking fitness in the SL tri series. he needs matches to become match fit not rest

He should take a leaf from Virat and get a six-pack

Max100
March 25, 2018, 12:38 PM
our A team for ODI should be (based on form, mix of experience and young talent)

anamul (wk)/Liton Das
shadman islam/ saif hassan/abdul mazid
najmul hossain shanto
naeem islam (c)
towhid ridoy/nasir hossain
mohammad ashraful/rokibul hasan
farhad reza
arafat sunny/sohag gazi
qazi anik
mohammad shahid/shafiul islam
robiul hauque/asif hossain

godzilla
March 25, 2018, 01:23 PM
Read somewhere there are possibilities of some games with Afghanistan but cant remember if its anytime soon either.

Afg deserves a full series. Not just 2 off set t20 or ODI. Apart from test they might even win the t20 or ODI.

Yankees
March 25, 2018, 02:19 PM
AFG just beat the windies again and you guys wanna rest the seniors? lol

hoodlum
March 25, 2018, 02:20 PM

BCB wants it not the fans.

aklemalp
March 25, 2018, 02:22 PM

We(Windies) are minnows bro. Bangladesh are top 8 team now,.
So they can afford to rest their star players.

Shehwar
March 25, 2018, 03:39 PM
I hope you are following the WC qualifiers. Yes they lost to associate teams like HKG but after the initial slip they recovered well and won rest of the matches. They have beaten WI with ease.

I am following it. I don’t rate this West Indies side and everyone who followed the tournament would have known Scotland was the best side of this tournament would know how West Indies got lucky against them and Afghanistan sneaked through because of a series of unbelievable results that went in their favour. They are not capable of chasing anything over 230 against a half decent bowling side.

6alltheway
March 26, 2018, 11:10 AM
Our bar is a very low one. Firstly, series win is not ensured. Secondly, winning by big margins is not ensured. The only thing that is ensured is celebrations. You can bet your bottom dollar Rahim and his crew will be doing the cha cha, or salsa, or samba if it is competitive, no matter what the team is.

Its the nagin dance :facepalm:

Match Adda
March 26, 2018, 09:25 PM
Bd can’t afford to lose Afghanistan.... they need all veterans, especially sakib. So sent a full team and if they need rest , sent them bora bora with bcbs paycheck... this is April, still 2 month to go... take rest now why then ? **** kotha bolo sala fouls .....

Match Adda
March 26, 2018, 09:35 PM
Obviously Bd needs winning momentum to go one minnow to another (afg to wi) ... one lose can be a costly one which we saw what happened in tri series of Bd against srilanka... so shorbot khao now rather then in June July .... Afghanistan is a strong opposition party, u gotta play them smart.
Otherwise Ana harri .....

DinRaat.
March 27, 2018, 02:55 AM
Obviously Bd needs winning momentum to go one minnow to another (afg to wi) ... one lose can be a costly one which we saw what happened in tri series of Bd against srilanka... so shorbot khao now rather then in June July .... Afghanistan is a strong opposition party, u gotta play them smart.
Otherwise Ana harri .....

Good to see you back, I thought you got lost under that huge pile of money.

Match Adda
March 28, 2018, 10:43 PM
Good to see you back, I thought you got lost under that huge pile of money.

Got busy with the motel business... not sure about huge pile money or not ...but last ball 6 still hunting me down .... especially against India ... had a opportunity to seal the big mouth **** but damm luck never favor us , u can say starting with the toss luck.... I have dought about match referees who is saying its tail or head ... otherwise no way India win a toss in a vital moment...
Asia cup final
World Cup match
Champions trophy semi
Only test in India
Nidhas final
There is many more in past .... after 2007 drama
I proud of my boys who fought hard .. but luck and ***** chor cotta not letting us winning.

DinRaat.
March 29, 2018, 12:00 AM
Got busy with the motel business... not sure about huge pile money or not ...but last ball 6 still hunting me down .... especially against India ... had a opportunity to seal the big mouth **** but damm luck never favor us , u can say starting with the toss luck.... I have dought about match referees who is saying its tail or head ... otherwise no way India win a toss in a vital moment...
Asia cup final
World Cup match
Champions trophy semi
Only test in India
Nidhas final
I proud of my boys who fought hard .. but luck and ***** chor cotta not letting us winning.

What motel business are you starting?

I bet a loaded guy like you gets all the chicks

Sheikh_Saheb
March 29, 2018, 12:27 AM
Asia cup final
World Cup match
Champions trophy semi
Only test in India
Nidhas final
Can we consider the positives? BD boys have been doing relatively well running India that close. Let's not be sooks and try build on these, things can only get better from here. Crying conspiracy at the drop of a hat wont get us anywhere.

regards
Siraj.

anon4567
March 29, 2018, 12:31 AM
Id be in favor of resting senior players just to see how a young BD squad performs.

The WI team in the Qualifiers was a second string team.

Tigers_eye
March 29, 2018, 09:07 AM
Id be in favor of resting senior players just to see how a young BD squad performs.

The WI team in the Qualifiers was a second string team.Well Bravo, Carlos, Russell all were injured. Only Pollard could have been added. They got Samuels and Gayle what more they need in batting?

Awla
March 29, 2018, 10:26 AM
Why is the series against Afghanistan being held in India?

Night_wolf
March 29, 2018, 10:31 AM
Why is the series against Afghanistan being held in India?

Afg home ground is India. so tour to afg will be in india as tour to pak is in uae

anon4567
March 29, 2018, 10:52 AM
Is the Australia tour off the table? I read the Prothom Alo linked in an earlier page, it seems like we'll be touring WI in June-July, when the Aus series was supposed to happen.

From what I gather spending some time on the cricket subreddit you have to take the FTP (published a while back) with a grain of salt.

One World
April 6, 2018, 02:05 PM
Hope this takes place, would not mind to attend the games if possible.

..ফ্লোরিডা এবং হিউস্টনে একটি ত্রিদেশীয় সিরিজের আয়োজন করতে যাচ্ছে বাংলাদেশ, পাকিস্তান এবং ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ। সবকিছু ঠিক থাকলে আগামী আগস্ট-সেপ্টেম্বরে সিরিজটি অনুষ্ঠিত হবে।

ত্রিদেশীয় এ টুর্নামেন্ট প্রসঙ্গে পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের (পিসিবি) সভাপতি নাজাম শঠী বলেন, ‘আগস্ট বা সেপ্টেম্বরে বাংলাদেশ এবং ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজের সঙ্গে আমাদের একটা সিরিজ আছে। যেটা ফ্লোরিডা ও হিউস্টনে অনুষ্ঠিত হবে। তবে সিরিজটা এখনও চূড়ান্ত হয়নি। প্রাথমিক আলোচনা চলছে।’

ত্রিদেশীয় এ সিরিজ নিয়ে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের (বিসিবি) প্রধান নির্বাহী কর্মকর্তা নিজামউদ্দিন চৌধুরী সুজন বলেন, ‘আমেরিকাতে একটা টুর্নামেন্ট আয়োজনের কথা চলছে। তবে এখনও চূড়ান্ত হয়নি। সবকিছু ঠিকভাবে চললে সিরিজটি আয়োজন করা সম্ভব হবে।’

http://www.thikana.us/?p=4086

Rinathq
April 6, 2018, 02:52 PM
Would definitely be down for Houston

RealSports
April 6, 2018, 03:07 PM
I hope the tour to the caribbean happens because I'm looking forward to it. I love watching Cricket being played in the caribbean. It's especially great when there's a sizable crowd. I love the atmosphere there. Let's not forget the weather excluding the rain.

al Furqaan
April 6, 2018, 03:55 PM
Houston? Its gonna 100 degrees in the summer. Why not Miami? Miami will be 90 degrees max and the humidity will resemble Dhaka weather.

RealSports
April 11, 2018, 12:29 PM
Not enough series or games this calendar.