PDA

View Full Version : Pink Ball did it for New Zealand

R0ssei
March 22, 2018, 07:44 AM
Trent Boult: 10.4 - 3 - 32 - 6
Tim Southee: 10 - 3 - 25 - 4

That's the bowling figures of NZ's opening bowlers in the 1st Test (D/N) against "mighty" England. Who said pink ball cannot be sporty? Boult, one of rear breeds of swing bowling, hence one of my favorite bowlers, made the world remember the art of swing and pace. Southee wasn't less impressive either. I can't help enjoying any of the Big 3 toppling, especially in Test cricket. It reminds us of the beauty of cricket: on a given day it can be anyone's game.

ENG were all out scoring only 58 in 20.4 overs. At one time, they were under threat to score the lowest test total ever made when they were only 27/9. The 10th wicket secured 31 runs while the previous 9 only managed 27, thanks to Overton's unbeaten 33. Kane didn't even have to use a 3rd bowler and he himself is unbeaten on 91 in NZ's 1st inning reply of 175/3 after 1st day.

New Zealand vs England- 1st Test Day 1 Highlights:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8Odk2kWpofQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Long live pace bowling, long live swinging.

DinRaat.
March 22, 2018, 07:55 AM
Lets take a moment and laugh at all the English fans on the forum(Adamnsu,MasUk...etc)

:floor: :lol: :lol:

And they said they were gonna win the next worldcup

Tigers_eye
March 22, 2018, 11:32 AM
Lets take a moment and laugh at all the English fans on the forum(Adamnsu,MasUk...etc)

And they said they were gonna win the next worldcupWhat am I missing here? Overseas one test innings : 6 50 over WC games at home?

tiger1000
March 22, 2018, 03:27 PM

Englands got a solid team and can win the world up if they don't choke

What's one test in new Zealand got to do with that

Yankees
March 22, 2018, 04:11 PM

meh i don't mind the English. The only guy I dont care for is Morgan. When asked during the PSL if he would travel to Pak, he said something like no I'm tired, I have had a long season. Dude just man up and tell the truth: "If I was too much of a scared punk to go to Bangladesh, I sure as hell won't be going to Pakistan"

Mas_UK25
March 22, 2018, 08:26 PM
What am I missing here? Overseas one test innings : 6 50 over WC games at home?

:lol:

Don’t think this Kangaroo knows exactly the difference between between test and ODI.

Mas_UK25
March 22, 2018, 08:28 PM
Talking about Englands chances in the WC next year. If England don’t make it to the final. It will be the biggest failure in England cricket history.

aklemalp
March 22, 2018, 08:33 PM
Talking about Englands chances in the WC next year. If England don’t make it to the final. It will be the biggest failure in England cricket history.

I thought losing the Ashes was.

Mas_UK25
March 22, 2018, 08:34 PM
I thought losing the Ashes was.

Won ashes plenty. Need a WC badly.

DinRaat.
March 23, 2018, 06:40 AM
Won ashes plenty. Need a WC badly.

Only chance of winning the world cup for England is if they don't verse Australia or India in the final.

Stick to watching football on rainy days and sipping english tea and watching downton abbey

DinRaat.
March 23, 2018, 07:13 AM
58/10 I laugh every time I look at it.

aklemalp
March 23, 2018, 07:15 AM
58/10 I laugh every time I look at it.

Bangladesh were dismissed for that same score in 2011 WC.

DinRaat.
March 23, 2018, 07:22 AM
Bangladesh were dismissed for that same score in 2011 WC.

Twice to be honest back in 11 and 14.

Mas_UK25
March 23, 2018, 07:39 AM
Only chance of winning the world cup for England is if they don't verse Australia or India in the final.

Stick to watching football on rainy days and sipping english tea and watching downton abbey

Don’t get Football involved, no comparison there :D we all know who’s million years superior than Aus and Ind put together, at that sport :lol:

Times have changed. Aus in final or not, doesnt matter :). England did beat Aus to win World T20 in WI 2010 :lol: and also beat Aus in Semi Final CT 2004. Aus is no problem for England. Only problem it may acquire if they play India on a slow turning ish, dry wicket like CT 2013. Otherwise, England should walk through to the final and win it.

DinRaat.
March 23, 2018, 07:52 AM
Don’t get Football involved, no comparison there :D we all know who’s million years superior than Aus and Ind put together, at that sport :lol:

Times have changed. Aus in final or not, doesnt matter :). England did beat Aus to win World T20 in WI 2010 :lol: and also beat Aus in Semi Final CT 2004. Aus is no problem for England. Only problem it may acquire if they play India on a slow turning ish, dry wicket like CT 2013. Otherwise, England should walk through to the final and win it.

You guys didn't walk through the T20 WC final did you. :facepalm: :floor: :lol: Don't cry after Warner or Glenn Maxwell hits the winning six.

Mas_UK25
March 23, 2018, 09:14 AM
You guys didn't walk through the T20 WC final did you. :facepalm: :floor: :lol: Don't cry after Warner or Glenn Maxwell hits the winning six.

England beat Aus in the final of World T20 WI 2010. Enough said. We beaten Aus enough times in big games. And now days, aus is more easy for England than say, SL or BD. 4-1 last odi series in Aus :lol: thumping... England also only team to win ODI series in BD for 4-5years.

Roni_uk
March 23, 2018, 11:34 PM
England missed a trick, if Shakib was their captain, he would have brought the team home by now E-)

junaid
March 24, 2018, 09:03 AM
Don’t think this Kangaroo knows exactly the difference between test and ODI.
New Zealand Vs England (https://thecrickethighlights.com/new-zealand-vs-england-1st-test-day-2-highlights-23-march-2018/) 1st Test Day 2 Highlights – 23 March, 2018

Tigers_eye
March 24, 2018, 09:19 AM
Don’t think this Kangaroo knows exactly the difference between test and ODI.
New Zealand Vs England (https://thecrickethighlights.com/new-zealand-vs-england-1st-test-day-2-highlights-23-march-2018/) 1st Test Day 2 Highlights – 23 March, 2018
Hello Junaid, I don't get what you are trying to say.

Thanks for the highlight link though.

DinRaat.
March 30, 2018, 04:48 AM
How many World cups have the English won..

Oh what's that ZERO

We have won 5 please try to win one at least.