PDA

View Full Version : Ball-Tampering Bancroft?

aklemalp
March 24, 2018, 10:53 AM
Is that sandpaper?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can we talk about this? <a href="https://t.co/cmpRrOArgD">pic.twitter.com/cmpRrOArgD</a></p>&mdash; Dale Steyn (@DaleSteyn62) <a href="https://twitter.com/DaleSteyn62/status/977529080768843777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

aklemalp
March 24, 2018, 10:56 AM
"Australia's players and management are refusing to do any TV interviews at the close of play, incidentally, which goes to show how seriously this is escalating."

NoName
March 24, 2018, 11:02 AM
Seems to be a drama filled series with fans and players talking **** about opposition players' wives, especially Warner's .

Two officials already suspended from CSA for trolling Warner and his wife using an ex-lovers face pic (who ironically is in the same hotel lol)

Night_wolf
March 24, 2018, 11:33 AM
no longer can we call cricket a gentleman's game

aklemalp
March 24, 2018, 11:36 AM
If an Asian team would have been involved...

Jadukor
March 24, 2018, 11:44 AM
And people are up in arms over some cobra dance. Smith now admits that it was the leadership group's idea. This is pathetic.

Shadow
March 24, 2018, 11:48 AM
They admitted it.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22897468/bancroft-smith-admit-ball-tampering

aklemalp
March 24, 2018, 11:52 AM
This is pathetic from Australia.

Take away their test status

/s

Smith said he knew about it. They discussed this at lunch. It's the leader. He's the leader. He wanted the ball to reverse...

Desperate Aussies. Shameless

Night_wolf
March 24, 2018, 11:59 AM
this needs ban, smith saying it wont happen again. yeah right like this will save you.

If nothing happens then we will know nothing ever will happen to the big 3

aklemalp
March 24, 2018, 12:06 PM
The camera caught Bancroft.

In the slip cordon, he was heard saying: "They watching me."

Yankees
March 24, 2018, 12:22 PM
guys relax. It's only a silly little ball tampering. They didnt do anything truly evil like dance after a win.

Jadukor
March 24, 2018, 01:03 PM
Smith is like the new Rashid Latif. Even against India he was cheating by getting signals from the dressing room which was called out by Kohli at the time. Cannot believe an australian side could do this. Maan ijjot dubaise Australia cricket er

Shubho
March 24, 2018, 01:06 PM
guys relax. It's only a silly little ball tampering. They didnt do anything truly evil like dance after a win.

Lol. Too right.

"Typical emotional Bangalis." :D

RazabQ
March 24, 2018, 01:27 PM
They've admitted that they cheated. Then have the gall to say, "no biggie, we shall learn from this". Where are Gavaskar et al with their spirit of the game lecture?

RazabQ
March 24, 2018, 01:28 PM
Smith is like the new Rashid Latif. Even against India he was cheating by getting signals from the dressing room which was called out by Kohli at the time. Cannot believe an australian side could do this. Maan ijjot dubaise Australia cricket er[বাংলা]
আসলেই[/বাংলা]

Yankees
March 24, 2018, 05:14 PM
Is that sandpaper?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Can we talk about this? <a href="https://t.co/cmpRrOArgD">pic.twitter.com/cmpRrOArgD</a></p>&mdash; Dale Steyn (@DaleSteyn62) <a href="https://twitter.com/DaleSteyn62/status/977529080768843777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've been staring at the pic trying to figure out what that yellow stuff is only to realize Ive been staring at a man's crotch for 5 mins. Wonder what the people sitting behind me at starbucks thinks of me? :lol::lol:

DinRaat.
March 24, 2018, 05:44 PM
Don't see what is wrong with this. Can't wait for the English fans to come trolling with the ball tampering jokes.

Gowza
March 24, 2018, 05:58 PM
Been issues since smith has been captain, I doubt only the Aussies do it. This has been happening for decades from all teams just teams get caught more often because of the cameras now.

The degree of it is the worst thing, plus the leadership thing to. A foreign object is different to sugary saliva or "accidentally "dropping" the ball on rough turf.

Btw, earlier in the match Pat cummins stepped on the ball with his spikes, could've been construed as an accident but looked a bit fishy to me.

5tonne
March 24, 2018, 08:26 PM
Woke up to this news this morning. This is the headline news in all media. It certainly feels like all hells broke loose. Former Aussie players are furious. Looks like Smith won't be able to save his captaincy at the end of this. This has the potential to make cricket unpopular in Australia.

Yankees
March 24, 2018, 08:39 PM
Woke up to this news this morning. This is the headline news in all media. It certainly feels like all hells broke loose. Former Aussie players are furious. Looks like Smith won't be able to save his captaincy at the end of this. This has the potential to make cricket unpopular in Australia.

what would take crickets spot?

Rifat_02
March 24, 2018, 09:15 PM
Imagine if a Bangladeshi player did something like this, the genetics and honesty of 14 generations of Bangladeshis would be questioned by our respected neighboring countries as even a Cobra Dance makes them go wild
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

aklemalp
March 24, 2018, 09:16 PM
what would take crickets spot?

Kangaroo boxing?

Yankees
March 24, 2018, 09:18 PM
Kangaroo boxing?

nah mate that's racist I reckon ye bloody wallaby.

Yankees
March 24, 2018, 09:23 PM
Imagine if a Bangladeshi player did something like this, the genetics and honesty of 14 generations of Bangladeshis would be questioned by our respected neighboring countries as even a Cobra Dance makes them go wild

"first of all bangladeshi players lack respek. you see how they photoshop Dhoni. First learn mannerz then ball temper."

Tausif
March 24, 2018, 09:25 PM
Australians cheating as usual. Kohli complained about Smith earlier looking at the dressing room for instructions for DRS and now this major ball tampering. Lehman should resign and Smith should be banned from test cricket.

DinRaat.
March 24, 2018, 09:27 PM
All the Australia haters here.

5 World Cup wins, let that sink in guys.

Rifat
March 24, 2018, 09:30 PM
Been issues since smith has been captain, I doubt only the Aussies do it. This has been happening for decades from all teams ...

really? Don't remember last time Bangladesh did such a thing.

Gowza
March 24, 2018, 10:19 PM
really? Don't remember last time Bangladesh did such a thing.

There's footage of shakib rolling the ball on rough turf. I don't really condem ball tamping or get that surprised by it because teams do it, they're just really really good at concealing it usually. Obviously sometimes they do it more or worse than other times but I believe it's a fairly common practice.

TBH probably the teams that do it the least are the ones that lose the most.

Think about the current NZ/England match, England out for 58? Sure maybe, or maybe something fishy was going on. An interesting comment from jimmy Anderson after one of the days play when talking about swinging it, he said tbh he didn't really try to swing it. Innocent comments maybe, or maybe a slip of the tongue in that he meant he didn't try to tamper the ball like many other times.

Speculation of course so please no one take offence. My point is it's a pretty regular thing, it's just usually players are better at hiding it and probably in most cases foreign objects eg sandpaper or a razor blade probably aren't used. More likely players use rough turf or finger nails which at least I guess you'd consider organic tampering in the sense that they are only using themselves or conditions of play to affect the ball.

aklemalp
March 24, 2018, 10:22 PM
All the Australia haters here.

5 World Cup wins, let that sink in guys.

Yeah, sink all the way to Bancroft's balls

Yankees
March 24, 2018, 10:28 PM
Australians cheating as usual. Kohli complained about Smith earlier looking at the dressing room for instructions for DRS and now this major ball tampering. Lehman should resign and Smith should be banned from test cricket.

Ban one of the best players from cricket? :lol::lol: Keep dreaming. ICC doesn't have the (tampered) balls to do something like that.

Shadow
March 24, 2018, 11:01 PM
Ban one of the best players from cricket? :lol::lol: Keep dreaming. ICC doesn't have the (tampered) balls to do something like that.

Players have been fined and in some cases suspended for one or two matches as a result of ball tampering in the past. In this case,it would be something similar. Nothing more than that.

DinRaat.
March 24, 2018, 11:09 PM
Listen people.

Australia owns cricket, what the hell is ICC gonna do, fine Smith, unfortunately nothing. Because that would mean messing with a country that has played cricket for over 100 plus years, and losing support of a country that has been a heavy weight in internationals . Most likely Smith will get a slap on the wrist and a hefty fine, that would do no damage to his finances, all this wish wash of Smith losing captaincy is completely over fetched, Smith will not lose his captaincy, because he is such a key player for the Australian side and has led them to countless victories. Australia is an expert at damage control(see Darwin bombings), this whole fiasco will boil down by next week, Smith will still retain captaincy, Australian team will get a bad public image, but eventually time will take care of that.

DinRaat.
March 24, 2018, 11:21 PM
Wonder if the balls are rough or shiny.

Tausif
March 25, 2018, 12:05 AM

One of the best players caught cheating twice lol. I'm just saying what he deserves. Of course ICC won't do anything like that but that's a different discussion.

Rifat_02
March 25, 2018, 12:31 AM
This news is headlines all over Australia, there will be some punishment coming Smith's way soon seems like and even Lehmann

patriot
March 25, 2018, 12:40 AM
The only positive I see from all this is Lehman gets the sack and that opens up the possibility of BD hiring him as a Head coach.

He is a cheat and will feel right at home at the BCB offices with Papon and co.

G-man
March 25, 2018, 12:54 AM
Icc might go easy on them because of the politics of messing with straya..but i think CA will go full throttle. They won't stand by this one bit. CA will have a lot to lose if they go easy

Kohli_Sox
March 25, 2018, 01:39 AM
Australian government called for Smith to step down. Smith is not going to survive as captain

Shadow
March 25, 2018, 04:00 AM
Smith and Warner lost their respective captain and vice-captain position.

adamnsu
March 25, 2018, 04:07 AM
the odd thing is this will die down in a few days. There will be some punishment.

But these ball tampering IMO so disgustingly planned should be treated with more severe punishment.

simon
March 25, 2018, 04:11 AM
Nothing serious as long as they don't accidentaly break a glass door.

Jadukor
March 25, 2018, 05:01 AM
Warner and Steve smith both steps down

5tonne
March 25, 2018, 05:24 AM
Smith and Warner lost their respective captain and vice-captain position.

South Africa v Australia: Steve Smith, David Warner stand down from positions for rest of third Test.

Cricket Australia said in a statement that both Smith and Warner had agreed to stand down, with an investigation to be conducted "with the urgency that it demands".

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-25/smith-warner-stand-down-as-captain-vice-captain-for-rest-of-test/9585260

Mas_UK25
March 25, 2018, 05:31 AM
DinRaat and his fake Australian patriotism :lol: And trying to defend the ball tampering cheating scums!

Abid_Khan
March 25, 2018, 05:39 AM
As an Australian I am greatly ashamed and angry that something like this was planned

DinRaat.
March 25, 2018, 06:19 AM
DinRaat and his fake Australian patriotism :lol: And trying to defend the ball tampering cheating scums!

At least our players don't go to strip clubs :D and beat innocent people to a pulp.

simon
March 25, 2018, 07:05 AM
that was just village idiot level dumbness.

brockley
March 25, 2018, 07:57 AM
Most the Aussie players play on xbox most the time.
Their is 2/3 non drinkers in the Aussie team.
Just a surprise,Josh Hazelwood doesn't drink.
Gone are the days of raging alcoholics.
SYmmonds was the last of that era.

Roni_uk
March 25, 2018, 08:15 AM
Smith gets ban for one Test - that's too light! Come on!! I would have
- banned him for at least six matches.
- Bancroft - banned for a year.
- Team Aussie disqualified from this series!

5tonne
March 25, 2018, 08:31 AM
^Mind you they have resorted to deceptive but on-field tactics to win. It's like causing foul in football, nothing more than that. They didn't take money from the bookies to lose intentionally. I am sure ICC has given the punishment in accordance with the law. But also wait for CA's own punishment for the guilty players too.

brockley
March 25, 2018, 08:38 AM
Roni what of the 2 Bangladeshi players against Sri Lanka?
Got Rabada off.

Antora
March 25, 2018, 08:56 AM
Well Smith got a one match ban and stepped down as captain . Got off easy with that one match ban I’d say. But Cricket Australia I hope comes out harsher. Australian media and the people have expressed so much disgust at the events. Even after Sutherland’s press conference, people weren’t happy. Will be interesting to see who else was involved ...

Tigers_eye
March 25, 2018, 09:29 AM
Well Smith got a one match ban and stepped down as captain . Got off easy with that one match ban I’d say. But Cricket Australia I hope comes out harsher. Australian media and the people have expressed so much disgust at the events. Even after Sutherland’s press conference, people weren’t happy. Will be interesting to see who else was involved ...

Day-Night is crying!!!

Australia's downfall started with Alan Border's selfish record preservation. Should have let Waugh retire when he wanted to. That would mean Waugh becoming the highest test run scorer and replacing Border in the all time list. KARMA.

Tigers_eye
March 25, 2018, 09:30 AM
I wonder what type of sledging going on right now for the cheats. Not a good time to be in the middle. Aus 61/4.

aklemalp
March 25, 2018, 09:30 AM
So who will be their next skipper?

I nominate Josh Hazlewood

Tigers_eye
March 25, 2018, 09:34 AM
Smith gets ban for one Test - that's too light! Come on!! I would have
- banned him for at least six matches.
- Bancroft - banned for a year.
- Team Aussie disqualified from this series!

The ball condition didn't change. No runs added for SA. The Umpires continued to use the same ball.

I think punishment is fine.

Antora
March 25, 2018, 09:35 AM
Day-Night is crying!!!

LOL ! The rest of Australia is crying to sack Smith & ‘leadership’ group 😂.

Antora
March 25, 2018, 09:36 AM
So who will be their next skipper?

I nominate Josh Hazlewood

As far as I’ve seen on Twitter/some media reports, Tim Paine is Captain..

Tigers_eye
March 25, 2018, 09:37 AM
As an Australian I am greatly ashamed and angry that something like this was planned:up: :up: :up:
Learn something Din-Raat.

aklemalp
March 25, 2018, 09:37 AM
As far as I’ve seen on Twitter/some media reports, Tim Paine is Captain..

Tim Paine is like rookie in this team.

This is like SA giving Markram the captaincy against India..in the last ODI series.

But Paine is an experienced bloke...at one time I thought that he was gonna replace the aging Gilchrist

Habib
March 25, 2018, 10:40 AM
I didn't expect it from the Aussie team. As a fan of their cricket, I am really shocked just like their ex players. And as Michael Clarke pointed out, the mater of shame is not that an Aussie player tried to temper the ball because we could have considered it as that individual player's own fault, but the way the 'leadership group' planned to do it in the first place.

Tausif
March 25, 2018, 11:30 AM
The ball condition didn't change. No runs added for SA. The Umpires continued to use the same ball.

I think punishment is fine.

The outcome of the tampering on the ball does not matter. The fact that matters is that they intended to change the match by tampering and it was planned by the 'leadership' beforehand. Blatant cheating and they got off too easy.

Well at least Smith had the shame to resign from captaincy.

Rifat
March 25, 2018, 12:07 PM
There's footage of shakib rolling the ball on rough turf.

show me the footage or it didn't happen.

aklemalp
March 25, 2018, 12:14 PM

Was this something the Aussie media cooked up while their team was playing BD last year?

I heard something of this sort, but can't remember which series it was...

NoName
March 25, 2018, 12:17 PM
But did they break a glass door though? Our neighbors weigh that more

Tausif
March 25, 2018, 12:19 PM

I think he is talking about this? Something exaggerated by media. Umpires did not have any concern nor did ICC.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ywRHRwm6UlI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

al Furqaan
March 25, 2018, 01:59 PM
I think all teams do this, Smith just got caught slash admitted to it.

_Rafi_
March 25, 2018, 02:02 PM
I hope Smith gets away with some hefty fine but I want to see him play test cricket. He is afterall potentially an atg. In my opinion the whole matter is bit exaggerated by Aussie people. They might be too aggressive or arrogant but they don't cheat usually. Basically every other team was getting caught for ball tampering in last decade but I am struggling to remember Aussie involvement in any of those.
I think Australia is reacting to much. As a cricket fans from rival nations I dont feel that much anger to be honest. It’s probably down to their national pride about cricket and motto of playing hard and fair.

Gowza
March 25, 2018, 03:39 PM

It's on here somewhere, you don't have to believe me, I'm fine with that. It's honestly not important enough for me to search through the many threads and find it.

Gowza
March 25, 2018, 03:39 PM
I think he is talking about this? Something exaggerated by media. Umpires did not have any concern nor did ICC.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ywRHRwm6UlI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You realise the umpires didn't change the ball after catching out the Aussies? Sure there was concern by the umpires and certainly with the media but the umpires obviously felt like the ball wasn't changed, not enough to get a different ball.

I'm not saying it's fine or anything like that, just saying jumping on the Aussies, well most teams have been caught over the years for an incident or two and i believe a lot if not all teams do affect the ball.

Yankees
March 25, 2018, 03:59 PM
You have to hand it to the Aussie fans and media back home. They are not letting the players get away with it. Even the PM has condemned Smith.

If this was a South Asian team, all the media, former players, and fans would be making excuses left and right.

adamnsu
March 25, 2018, 06:26 PM
TBH this is more shameful than the under arm Chappel incident, although the latter being legal at the time.

NoName
March 25, 2018, 07:09 PM
You have to hand it to the Aussie fans and media back home. They are not letting the players get away with it. Even the PM has condemned Smith.

If this was a South Asian team, all the media, former players, and fans would be making excuses left and right.

Our PM would smile and wave.
Modi probably wouldn't care.
Nawaz Sharif would probably yell Conspiracy or say "Mashallah, this is the Pakistani way"

Yankees
March 25, 2018, 07:12 PM
Our PM would smile and wave.
Modi probably wouldn't care.
Nawaz Sharif would probably yell Conspiracy or say "Mashallah, this is the Pakistani way"

Inzamam: "inshallah boys tampered well"

If an Indian did that, rules would be changed to better accommodate them in the future.

Tigers_eye
March 25, 2018, 11:05 PM
...It’s probably down to their national pride about cricket and motto of playing hard and fair.:waiting:

Ball tampering is not fair nor it is playing hard.

_Rafi_
March 25, 2018, 11:22 PM
:waiting:

Ball tampering is not fair nor it is playing hard.

I know. They have not tampered wih the ball before. Thats why they are so angry knowing their cricket team cheated.

DinRaat.
March 25, 2018, 11:47 PM
Thats a shame, he is demoted of captaincy, but he is still playing, can be the shadow captain.

anon4567
March 26, 2018, 12:15 AM
23/03/2018: Why the hell is Tim Paine in the squad
25/03/2018: Tim Paine captain.

patriot
March 26, 2018, 12:47 AM
The whole Australia team along with the coaching staff are cheats and very good at that. Its only now they have been caught on camera. Pretty evident they have been doing this on a consistent basis for a long time. How would one explain the amount of reverse swing Starc was getting during the Ashes while someone like a Broad was getting none.

This is similar if not worse than the Russian Olympics doping scandal.

BCB should troll Australia and cancel our next tour on 'Moral Grounds'. Similar to something they did last year (or the year before) when they refused to visit us citing BS 'security concerns'.

DinRaat.
March 26, 2018, 01:21 AM
Lovely stuff seeing the fans at Pakpassion getting all riled up about cheating, the thickheads believe that Australia used ball tampering to decimate the pakistan bowling attack in the last test match.

Australia does not need to cheat to beat Pakistan :lol:

Jadukor
March 26, 2018, 01:32 AM
Pakistan is the PhD holder when it comes to cheating in cricket. From match fixing to ball tampering to falsely claiming catches.. they have done it all. Pakpassion should offer him the captaincy instead of raging over this incident.

DinRaat.
March 26, 2018, 01:55 AM
I can't believe it inside I am so gutted, I can't look at Australian cricket the same way any more, they got me into cricket in the first place and then they do this.

It's like you as a parent discover you child has been jacking off in his bedroom you can't look at them the same way anymore, hopefully this is just a bad dream.

5tonne
March 26, 2018, 03:14 AM
Inquiry findings due on Wednesday

Cricket Australia CEO to join colleagues in South Africa, findings of internal investigation to be known within 48 hours

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/james-sutherland-fly-to-south-africa-australia-ball-tampering-steve-smith-bancroft-warner-lehmann/2018-03-26

Jadukor
March 26, 2018, 03:34 AM
Yes better keep that door locked dinraat

Night_wolf
March 26, 2018, 03:40 AM
tbh among the 12 test countries the only ones I would be surprised to see caught cheating are WI,NZ,Ire And Zim.

Yankees
March 26, 2018, 03:46 AM
I can't believe it inside I am so gutted, I can't look at Australian cricket the same way any more, they got me into cricket in the first place and then they do this.

It's like you as a parent discover you child has been jacking off in his bedroom you can't look at them the same way anymore, hopefully this is just a bad dream.

yea it sucks and I'm sorry you had to experience that DinRaat. Only advice I can give is to just accept that it happened and tell your mom to knock first.

Yankees
March 26, 2018, 03:49 AM
tbh among the 12 test countries the only ones I would be surprised to see caught cheating are WI,NZ,Ire And Zim.

and BD!

Night_wolf
March 26, 2018, 04:02 AM
and BD!

we are no different than our sub con brotherens

Jadukor
March 26, 2018, 04:45 AM

Couldnt disagree more

DinRaat.
March 26, 2018, 07:43 AM
Ball tampering and now Stormy Daniels, what a week it is turning out to be.

R0ssei
March 26, 2018, 08:08 AM
A life-time ban on Smith & Co. is too much to me. No1 else got this kind of punishment before. On some instance, the cricket board of the accused country counter-attacked the umpire and made ICC withdraw the penalty.

I appreciate CA taking it very seriously while ICC only suspended for 1 match. It will be a shame to see No. 1 test batsman end his career like this.

tiger1000
March 26, 2018, 08:26 AM

Absolutely ridiculous statement

tiger1000
March 26, 2018, 08:50 AM
The only positive I see from all this is Lehman gets the sack and that opens up the possibility of BD hiring him as a Head coach.

He is a cheat and will feel right at home at the BCB offices with Papon and co.

He's a racist too, great let him work with the people he hates

godzilla
March 26, 2018, 09:44 AM
Lovely stuff seeing the fans at Pakpassion getting all riled up about cheating, the thickheads believe that Australia used ball tampering to decimate the pakistan bowling attack in the last test match.

Australia does not need to cheat to beat Pakistan :lol:

Haha, this made me laugh. But this is quite true. I remember the incident between Afridi and Latif, forgot what they where fighting about and afridi wanted to take him to court. Shoaib Akthar told both of them to fix their sh*t behind the door cause once in front of the judge, the Pandora's box would be open and all the past so called legends would be thrown under the bus for cheating/fixing and would tarnish Pakistani cricket brand.

Ahsan
March 26, 2018, 10:19 AM
it's not *****stan that CA will need to save player of Smith's stature. I won't be surprised if he gets even a life ban. Like you said, Aus cricket has a rich history, and for to keep that history clean, they will clean this act ruthlessly, IMO.

Listen people.

Australia owns cricket, what the hell is ICC gonna do, fine Smith, unfortunately nothing. Because that would mean messing with a country that has played cricket for over 100 plus years, and losing support of a country that has been a heavy weight in internationals . Most likely Smith will get a slap on the wrist and a hefty fine, that would do no damage to his finances, all this wish wash of Smith losing captaincy is completely over fetched, Smith will not lose his captaincy, because he is such a key player for the Australian side and has led them to countless victories. Australia is an expert at damage control(see Darwin bombings), this whole fiasco will boil down by next week, Smith will still retain captaincy, Australian team will get a bad public image, but eventually time will take care of that.

Tigers_eye
March 26, 2018, 10:28 AM
Life ban it too much for Smith. May be make him sit out IPL. He and Warner both. That is the biggest hit they can make. Just last year, the players and the board had a big fight. Both of them had a big axe to grind. It is time for the Board to make a statement on the financial front.

One year of no IPL should be enough. Hit two birds with one stone. :)

Night_wolf
March 26, 2018, 10:50 AM
Absolutely ridiculous statement

and why is that?..we already had a cheat in ashrafool. shakib had a questionable ball rolling on the pitch. the sub con people of Ind,BD,SL and Pak are quite alike. ok exclude Pak. Pak falls in a different category

tbh let me counteract my previous statement. in this day and age no team will surprise me if caught cheating.

Night_wolf
March 26, 2018, 10:55 AM
banning smith is not the way. CA is over reacting. those goons would have praised smith if it didn't go public. you can not ban a talent like smith.

Yankees
March 26, 2018, 02:22 PM

No way. Our guys may be immature, but they are no cheats.

aklemalp
March 26, 2018, 02:22 PM
No way. Our guys may be immature, but they are no cheats.

*coughs*

Ashraful?

Yankees
March 26, 2018, 02:23 PM
Ball tampering and now Stormy Daniels, what a week it is turning out to be.

ball tampering with Stormy Daniels....allegedly

One World
March 26, 2018, 02:53 PM
In his defense:

after all he did not bite the ball, it was not holy enough.

5tonne
March 26, 2018, 07:48 PM
Darren Lehman set to announce his resignation over the ball tampering saga.

Smith and Warner might be banned for a year from all types of cricket. They both are going to loose sponsorships worth millions of dollars especially Smith.

The Age reports.

Jadukor
March 27, 2018, 03:30 AM
Message from Steve Waugh
"Like many I'm deeply troubled by the events in Cape Town this last week, and acknowledge the thousands of messages I have received, mostly from heartbroken cricket followers worldwide," he said. "The Australian cricket team has always believed it could win in any situation against any opposition, by playing combative, skilful and fair cricket, driven by our pride in the fabled baggy green."

"I have no doubt the current Australian team continues to believe in this mantra, however some have now failed our culture, making a serious error of judgement in the Cape Town Test Match. In 2003, we modified the Spirit of Cricket document originally created by the MCC, to empower our players to set their own standards and commit to play the Australian way."

"We must urgently revisit this document, re-bind our players to it and ensure the Spirit in which we play is safeguarded for the future of the sport, and to continue to inspire the dreams of every young kid picking up a bat and ball and for every fan who lives and breathes the game."

adamnsu
March 27, 2018, 03:43 AM
This is bad if not worse than the Pakistani trio saga of spot fixing committed by Salman, Asif and Amir, despite the latter being for monetary gain.

Yankees
March 27, 2018, 06:16 AM
This is bad if not worse than the Pakistani trio saga of spot fixing committed by Salman, Asif and Amir, despite the latter being for monetary gain.

No Way! Cheating to win is still marginally better than cheating your own teammates and fans out of a win.

DinRaat.
March 27, 2018, 06:53 AM
Should of married Stormy Daniels instead of Ivanka. Damn, what a match it would of been, fiery trump and stormy daniels.

Dictators would piss their pants at the sight of the dynamic duo.

Rifat_02
March 27, 2018, 06:55 AM

In my opinion the worst kind of cheating in cricket history was the day when a certain captain of a team had to claim a dropped catch just to win a match versus one of the weakest team in history of test cricket in 2003. That was one of the lowest point in the Gentleman's game, it was like robbing a beggar of his two dollars.

That is one of the darkest day in cricket which will never be given enough recognition of what it was as it was just a minnow country playing.

5tonne
March 27, 2018, 07:03 AM
One person who is having a good time is Ian Pont. He has been working tirelessly to collect all the articles related to this saga and generously sharing on tweeter. It's his "vaadro maash" now!

adamnsu
March 27, 2018, 08:37 AM
In my opinion the worst kind of cheating in cricket history was the day when a certain captain of a team had to claim a dropped catch just to win a match versus one of the weakest team in history of test cricket in 2003. That was one of the lowest point in the Gentleman's game, it was like robbing a beggar of his two dollars.

That is one of the darkest day in cricket which will never be given enough recognition of what it was as it was just a minnow country playing.

Well that Captain comes from the country which is well known for harbouring and encouraging dishonesty.

But I agree with you that incident has always been down played.

adamnsu
March 27, 2018, 08:44 AM
Should of married Stormy Daniels instead of Ivanka.

I think you mean Ivana because Ivanka is his daughter with that wife. Although I can see how easily the mistake can be made

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 08:47 AM
Should of married Stormy Daniels instead of Ivanka. Damn, what a match it would of been, fiery trump and stormy daniels.

Dictators would piss their pants at the sight of the dynamic duo.

Wrong thread dude?

NoName
March 27, 2018, 09:28 AM
I think you mean Ivana because Ivanka is his daughter with that wife. Although I can see how easily the mistake can be made

You mean Melania not Ivana

iDumb
March 27, 2018, 09:37 AM
You mean Melania not Ivana

No he means Ivana.

It doesn't really matter. They are all Russian spy.

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 11:04 AM
Press conference coming up in approximately 1 hour.

Might be some bans looming...

Tigers_eye
March 27, 2018, 11:57 AM
1st order of business, Warner is out. I will say that before the press conference commence.

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 11:58 AM
Link to the live press conference if anyone is interested:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/cricket-australia-press-conference-live-12260898.amp

Tigers_eye
March 27, 2018, 12:08 PM
^ Thanks. Unfortunately this event has not started yet. :)

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:10 PM
^ Thanks. Unfortunately this event has not started yet. :)

I think they will start at 6PM GMT

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:10 PM
Oh, it's on now... we have live pictures

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:15 PM
Check this one out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG5k0t7WdYY

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:16 PM
They're waiting on CA's head, James Sutherland

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:21 PM
Sutherland say that only 3 players had knowledge of the scheme: Smith, Warner, and Bancroft.

Lehmann not part of it

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:22 PM
Renshaw, Burns, and Maxwell will be the replacement players...

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:24 PM
Darren Lehman to continue as Australia's head coach

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:30 PM
Should have sacked Lehmann IMHO

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:34 PM
Comparing this to the 'Salman Butt and his cronies' episode...

Tigers_eye
March 27, 2018, 12:37 PM
Steve is Destroyed.

NCO is the main focus here with IPL looming. That is tied to M
+++
I didn't get the first part. buffered and then it got stuck. When I started to see, he said four were going back. Who is the 4th? 3 coming to SA.

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:39 PM
Steve is Destroyed.

NCO is the main focus here with IPL looming. That is tied to M
+++
I didn't get the first part. buffered and then it got stuck. When I started to see, he said four were going back. Who is the 4th? 3 coming to SA.

Nah, only 3 going home...

R0ssei
March 27, 2018, 12:43 PM
According to ESPNcricinfo:

In reference to the view within the team that Warner had hatched the idea and delegated it to his opening partner Cameron Bancroft with the captain Steven Smith's approval, ESPNcricinfo has been told "the truth is starting to come out". With the CA Board holding a teleconference with the head of integrity Iain Roy and the chief executive James Sutherland following the former's hurried investigation, sources close to the board confirmed Warner "is the issue".

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:45 PM
Tim Paine is new Aussie test skipper

Steven Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft will leave South Africa

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22932540/smith,-warner-bancroft-leave-south-africa

One World
March 27, 2018, 12:49 PM
https://preview.ibb.co/eEogN7/kay.jpg (https://ibb.co/f05T27)

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:50 PM
^^ replace the 'A' in Aussies with a 'P'

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 12:52 PM
And cricket expert, the legendary Aakash Chopra chimes in:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So, three batsmen hatched a plan to tamper with the ball to HELP the bowlers. And bowlers didn’t know about it. I need time to process this. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SandpaperGate?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SandpaperGate</a></p>&mdash; Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) <a href="https://twitter.com/cricketaakash/status/978687717088419840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

One World
March 27, 2018, 01:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">'The abuse Australia's players and their families are getting? I'm afraid they've brought it upon themselves'<br><br>Strong words from <a href="https://twitter.com/Swannyg66?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Swannyg66</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SAvAUS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SAvAUS</a> ball-tampering controversy. <a href="https://t.co/0D6E7iGS1f">pic.twitter.com/0D6E7iGS1f</a></p>&mdash; BBC 5 live Sport (@5liveSport) <a href="https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/977961812820869120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yankees
March 27, 2018, 02:08 PM
The biggest winner out of all this is going to be India and England. Road to finals WC 2019 suddenly very easy.

NoName
March 27, 2018, 02:31 PM

Lmao:lol:

kalpurush
March 27, 2018, 03:00 PM
And cricket expert, the legendary Aakash Chopra chimes in:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So, three batsmen hatched a plan to tamper with the ball to HELP the bowlers. And bowlers didn’t know about it. I need time to process this. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SandpaperGate?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SandpaperGate</a></p>&mdash; Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) <a href="https://twitter.com/cricketaakash/status/978687717088419840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 27, 2018</a></blockquote>

:umm: Well, I wonder what's the entire story is!?

adamnsu
March 27, 2018, 03:12 PM

In the photo it seems like Wasim was doing some ball tampering himself

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 03:14 PM
:umm: Well, I wonder what's the entire story is!?

Use your imagination:big_hug:

kalpurush
March 27, 2018, 03:15 PM
A life-time ban on Smith & Co. is too much to me. No1 else got this kind of punishment before. On some instance, the cricket board of the accused country counter-attacked the umpire and made ICC withdraw the penalty.

I appreciate CA taking it very seriously while ICC only suspended for 1 match. It will be a shame to see No. 1 test batsman end his career like this.

CA is doing nothing but to cover up...

It is the Australian PM, media and the sports/cricket fans who are pushing it ...

Tigers_eye
March 27, 2018, 03:24 PM
The biggest winner out of all this is going to be India and England. Road to finals WC 2019 suddenly very easy.Aussie FTP:

5 ODIs and T20 @Eng. Biggest beneficiary.
1 off test and 3 ODIs @ Zim. I am not sure if this will occur or not.
Then our tour to down under. :) If we can steal one game, we would be among the lucky ones.

Yankees
March 27, 2018, 03:42 PM
Aussie FTP:

5 ODIs and T20 @Eng. Biggest beneficiary.
1 off test and 3 ODIs @ Zim. I am not sure if this will occur or not.
Then our tour to down under. :) If we can steal one game, we would be among the lucky ones.

They cancelled our tour awhile back. Not profitable :(

DinRaat.
March 27, 2018, 04:23 PM
Indian armchair experts are chiming in.

Gowza
March 27, 2018, 05:23 PM
Ball tampering has happened before, don’t remember anyone getting long term bans.

Warner atm seems to be in the firing line more than the others.

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 06:05 PM
Ball tampering has happened before, don’t remember anyone getting long term bans.

Warner atm seems to be in the firing line more than the others.

Warner was only the vice-captain.

Smith is gonna get it hard.

Gowza
March 27, 2018, 08:21 PM
Warner was only the vice-captain.

Smith is gonna get it hard.

Depends on what they find out about it in the investigation. As I said Warner seems to be in the firing atm. All sorts of stories flying around the main one atm is that Warner was the ring leader in this one, smith knew about it and perhaps gave some sort of approval but atm the focus is on Warner, especially since his relationship with the other players seems to be breaking apart based on reports.

There's even talk that Warner might retire and that some players don't want to step on the field with him ever again.

We're just going to have to wait and see.

DinRaat.
March 27, 2018, 08:23 PM
I always sensed something fishy about David Warner. He seems too aggressive at times.

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 08:30 PM
Depends on what they find out about it in the investigation. As I said Warner seems to be in the firing atm. All sorts of stories flying around the main one atm is that Warner was the ring leader in this one, smith knew about it and perhaps gave some sort of approval but atm the focus is on Warner, especially since his relationship with the other players seems to be breaking apart based on reports.

There's even talk that Warner might retire and that some players don't want to step on the field with him ever again.

We're just going to have to wait and see.

Yeah, I read that he has gone rogue. He even left the whatsapp group in which all the players were a part of.

There is probably a bigger plot that we don't know about.
Before the current series started, he did mentioned that he was interested in a political career after cricket.

The foreshadowing.../

NoName
March 27, 2018, 08:45 PM
Warner seems to dimwitted to be in politics lol

DinRaat.
March 27, 2018, 08:48 PM
Warner seems to dimwitted to be in politics lol

He looks like a typical high school stereotype white kid that always thinking with their fists not their heads.

Our football team/ rugby team is full of players like Warner.

That was actually pretty rac

Sheikh_Saheb
March 27, 2018, 11:03 PM
According to reports, the bad blood between Warner and his teammates may be impossible for the Aussie cricket team to overcome.According to The Courier-Mail’s Robert Craddock, the anger from Aussie cricketers towards Warner is a response to testimony the star opener reportedly gave Cricket Australia’s integrity unit investigators which claimed the bowling unit of Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins and Nathan Lyon were aware of the ball tampering plot.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/mourning-cricket-stars-want-to-quit-fourth-test-against-australia/news-story/0fe412945dcb7cd6fa9fbed961450e8f

Looks like Smith volunteered to be the fall guy in the face of Warner's testimony. Getting murkier than a clogged up Dunny. Warner's not my cobber either; but I think there's a back story which is being covered up.

regards
Siraj

iDumb
March 27, 2018, 11:17 PM
Australia is the new pakistan.

First they b**** about not getting enough pay from their board.. gonna stop playing blah blah then they get caught tampering.

IPL banning them would be the next step for them to be fully Pakistanis.

------------------------

Random thoughts:
IPL has poor integrity. They have such power but they rarely punish international players for indiscretion. For ex: i thought there would be coordinated effort not to bid for Ben Stokes after he was in news for brawl/mocking dsiabled kids - nope. didn't happen. Gayle/other West indian players with female harrasment issues - still gets picked... Now both smith and warner will most likely keep playing for IPL. If ipl pulls away from their contract - its' gonna hurt. that's 2 million a year each. OUCH!!!

Sheikh_Saheb
March 28, 2018, 12:52 AM
IPL is a money making venture mate, and they wont touch their key investments. Just a slap on the wrist is the most that is expected anyway. Remains to be seen if CA does more than just lip service.

regards
Siraj

Sheikh_Saheb
March 28, 2018, 12:58 AM
AFL is number one anyway in OZ. This scandal could push Cricket further down the rung. AFL Footy season has just begun and Cricket like always will gradually take a back seat as the season progresses.

regards,
Siraj

Gowza
March 28, 2018, 03:11 AM
Just heard smith and Warner have apparently been given 12 month bans.

Krishna
March 28, 2018, 03:28 AM
AFL is number one anyway in OZ. This scandal could push Cricket further down the rung. AFL Footy season has just begun and Cricket like always will gradually take a back seat as the season progresses.

regards,
Siraj

Still Cricket is their most popular sport if you consider 'representing the country'. In Australia, they enjoy AFL regionally but taking pride for the country in sports generally take place in cricket mostly. My aussie friend said once that In Australia, when you say 'Australia's captain', it generally points towards the cricket captain..not soccer, volleyball etc. In that sense Cricket is Australias national sport, bigger than AFL and more loved and respected..

Yes they aren't crazy about cricket like we desis. But it isn't as low as you are supposing. Your example of choice is more equivalent to England, where Football is too high for Cricket where sometimes even rugby is more adhered..

Yankees
March 28, 2018, 04:29 AM
Just heard smith and Warner have apparently been given 12 month bans.

Honestly I think its a bit OTT. The same "message" would have been sent with a 6-8 months ban. But then again, I'm not Australian so it's upto their fans to decide.

Just checked the dates, and if the ban is as of today, both should still be available for WC 2019. But at what form after going so long without any int'l games, who knows?

anon4567
March 28, 2018, 04:50 AM
Cricket Australia is a disgrace.

Sutherlands must be sacked immediately and the ludicrous suspensions overturned. What a f###ing overreaction. Australian news media are also another bunch of d#ckheads making a mountain out of a molehill, just like the Chris Gayle BBL incident.

G-man
March 28, 2018, 04:57 AM
Reason why it may be ott is becayse in straya, sports people are held in very high esteem, higher than probably academics and philanthropists, entreprenuers etc. This sacntity applies to any sport in Straya. More sports proplr have probably been nominated for aust of the year award than any profession.

Cricket australia will face outrage, from politicians givt groups and corp sponsors of they don't put their foot down.

A fair sentence is very debateable here n ca much rather err on side of too harsh than pay the thr price for too linient.

Sheikh_Saheb
March 28, 2018, 06:27 AM
Still Cricket is their most popular sport if you consider 'representing the country'. In Australia, they enjoy AFL regionally but taking pride for the country in sports generally take place in cricket mostly. My aussie friend said once that In Australia, when you say 'Australia's captain', it generally points towards the cricket captain..not soccer, volleyball etc. In that sense Cricket is Australias national sport, bigger than AFL and more loved and respected..

Yes they aren't crazy about cricket like we desis. But it isn't as low as you are supposing. Your example of choice is more equivalent to England, where Football is too high for Cricket where sometimes even rugby is more adhered..

Aussie here mate(from Richmond,Melbourne), and I can tell you for sure, AFL is king. Cricket is important don't get me wrong. But there's the Ashes and the WC and there's other games and tourneys. The current tampering shenanigans are a temporary distraction. Folks are back to being busy tipping and betting on Footy games myself included.

Its AFL, Cricket, NRL, Tennis roughly. But once the AFL and NRL season come to a close Cricket rules the roost.

regards
Siraj

5tonne
March 28, 2018, 06:45 AM
Certainly an ott reaction for something that apparently everyone has been doing. 12 months is way too long. In another country it would have been a 5 test match ban at the max. And why banning them from playing IPL? That's 2 million loss for each. They already lost enough. Lost captaincy forever, ICC fined 1 match fee, banned from another, lost sponsorships. But the jealous journos and their pommy buddies still want more heads.

tiger1000
March 28, 2018, 06:52 AM
Certainly an ott reaction for something that apparently everyone has been doing. 12 months is way too long. In another country it would have been a 5 test match ban at the max. And why banning them from playing IPL? That's 2 million loss for each. They already lost enough. Lost captaincy forever, ICC fined 1 match fee, banned from another, lost sponsorships. But the jealous journos and their pommy buddies still want more heads.

Bcci banned them from ipl

Who's been sanding the ball down?

This isn't mint saliva or something like that is it

1 year too long I agree for Smith, Bancroft should have for few games and Smith 6 months, Warner the one year

5tonne
March 28, 2018, 07:50 AM
Bcci banned them from ipl

Who's been sanding the ball down?

This isn't mint saliva or something like that is it

1 year too long I agree for Smith, Bancroft should have for few games and Smith 6 months, Warner the one year
BCCI didn't ban them until CA handed their decisions. If CA said they would be allowed to play in franchise leagues BCCI wouldn't bother. After all, it's IPL, where corruption breeds.

People had bit the ball before, rubbed against zipper, scrambled seam with fingernails. This was a failed attempt anyway. The shape of the ball wasn't changed. And they were just trying to change the shape of the ball. They would still require to execute their skills to make the ball swing and bat & field well to WIN. Not very similar to taking money from bookies to delibaretly loose. The punishment though has been of similar extent.

I am not saying it wasn't a crime but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. CA just tried to appease media and sponsors. Now they will lose the India series at home, the WC and the Ashes.
ICC's punishment plus removing from captaincy was adequate in my opinion. They were going to lose millions in sponsorship deals anyway.

Now that the bar is raised so high, we will wait and see what happens when a player from another country gets caught with ball tampering.

Krishna
March 28, 2018, 08:31 AM
Aussie here mate(from Richmond,Melbourne), and I can tell you for sure, AFL is king. Cricket is important don't get me wrong. But there's the Ashes and the WC and there's other games and tourneys. The current tampering shenanigans are a temporary distraction. Folks are back to being busy tipping and betting on Footy games myself included.

Its AFL, Cricket, NRL, Tennis roughly. But once the AFL and NRL season come to a close Cricket rules the roost.

regards
Siraj

You didn't get my point mate. I wrote AFL is the most popular sports there, but it's still a local sport. It doesn't carry any representatives for Australia in international arena. And cricket is never a spectator sport. Even in our country, a village field soccer matches draws more people than Dhaka premiere league final. By choice of 'most popular' sport AFL is no.1. But Australia is not a single sport country(compared to Bangladesh and Cricket) and Australians support almost all sports played in the country. But in this case, Cricket is a premier summer sport and is considered a National Sport as it enjoys equal popularity in all states of the country. It's the most participated sport here and the second most popular sports by choice. I am not opposing AFL is the most popular sport there but the the notion that( you wrote as if) the cheating incident is insignificant to one sports lover Aussies day to day life because of the anticipations for the upcoming AFL season. That's wrong.

By the way my Dulavhai is from Australia. I have gone there once too..

anon4567
March 28, 2018, 09:42 AM
What's more impressive is Smith taking the blame. If this was any subcon country, they would have thrown the youngest player under the bus. The leadership group would have denied any involvement. His honesty in midst of the scandal is quite impressive.

Let's face it ball tampering is common in cricket. Literally every team has done it just within the past 3 years. The more serious nature of this offence is because it was premeditated. If Smith didn't admit to any wrongdoings, Bancroft would probably have gotten a match ban, that would be it.

aklemalp
March 28, 2018, 10:00 AM
Well at least Australia have a solid skipper now in Tim Paine.

anon4567
March 28, 2018, 10:04 AM
I'd really miss us playing against Warner and Smith when Bangladesh tour Australia in September. Our first (real) overseas test win would have been even more sweet had they been playing.

Now this will be a cakewalk.

aklemalp
March 28, 2018, 10:08 AM
I'd really miss us playing against Warner and Smith when Bangladesh tour Australia in September. Our first (real) overseas test win would have been even more sweet had they been playing.

If Smith were to play, he would have made his triple-century; with the form he is in.

NoName
March 28, 2018, 11:42 AM

Lmao what

Night_wolf
March 28, 2018, 11:45 AM

first stop your moonwalk and come down to earth brother lol!

iDumb
March 28, 2018, 11:52 AM
BCCI didn't ban them until CA handed their decisions. If CA said they would be allowed to play in franchise leagues BCCI wouldn't bother. After all, it's IPL, where corruption breeds.

People had bit the ball before, rubbed against zipper, scrambled seam with fingernails. This was a failed attempt anyway. The shape of the ball wasn't changed. And they were just trying to change the shape of the ball. They would still require to execute their skills to make the ball swing and bat & field well to WIN. Not very similar to taking money from bookies to delibaretly loose. The punishment though has been of similar extent.

I am not saying it wasn't a crime but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. CA just tried to appease media and sponsors. Now they will lose the India series at home, the WC and the Ashes.
ICC's punishment plus removing from captaincy was adequate in my opinion. They were going to lose millions in sponsorship deals anyway.

Now that the bar is raised so high, we will wait and see what happens when a player from another country gets caught with ball tampering.

agree with this. IPL/BCCI wouldn't have done anytihng if CA didn't do much. This is probably over the top. But it's understable. they had to differentiate themselves from Pakistan.

iDumb
March 28, 2018, 11:54 AM
If Smith didn't admit to any wrongdoings, Bancroft would probably have gotten a match ban, that would be it.

this probably would be true temporarily until CA would decide to ban Bancroft for life and he would start ratting out (without any choice) his captain and vice captain. ICC was never the problem here. It was cricket australia.

And Why the president of australia making comments on this.. He should run his country and not make comments on sport events.

RealSports
March 28, 2018, 11:57 AM
Punishment isn't severe enough. I would've given a 2 year ban to both. They should've known better anyway. Poor stuff. Australia Cricket is just being laughed at.

iDumb
March 28, 2018, 11:59 AM
IPL bans these two but still pays 2 millions for Ben stokes after he knocks ppl out in Bar and mocks a disabled kid on tv. Character of the highest paying international sensation in ipl

simon
March 28, 2018, 12:08 PM
achcha, ball-tampering korle ki roja bhangbey naki ?

Tigers_eye
March 28, 2018, 12:28 PM
IPL bans these two but still pays 2 millions for Ben stokes after he knocks ppl out in Bar and mocks a disabled kid on tv. Character of the highest paying international sensation in ipl
And your president grabbed ....., cheated on wife, mocked disabled, bullied everyone with name calling, harassing, lying, making up facts (if he only knew the meaning of facts), flip-flopped on issues.... :goal:

bujhee kom
March 28, 2018, 01:36 PM
Dekhen, dekhen...sobgula ki khusi, ki haasi...khub santi...khub moja paitese mone hoi...

In the photo it seems like Wasim was doing some ball tampering himself
Heheheh!!! Adam bhaiya...apni ekjon sharaf admi...but apnar baj pakhir chokh...sob kichu dhora pore jai...
For the non-Bangal speakers (like brocley and aklemalp)...I think Adam bhai is onto something here...Akram seems like he is indeed tempering with the balls...but, I think there might be some other game being played here by the dude...I think he is playing pocket billiard...in another word, chulubulu....when khaujani comes, listen man, we all play.

Heheheh...Roja na bhangleo, amar mone hoi, Simone...tumar Owazu nosto hoye jabey...BTW bhaiya, eita khub khorab obbhaas...Don't start ball tempering in public...public haasbe.
Anyway make sure you wash your hand afterwards...don't touch food with that hand or shake somebody's hand without washing, capiche?

Night_wolf
March 28, 2018, 01:41 PM

depends on the end result

Tigers_eye
March 28, 2018, 03:02 PM
achcha, ball-tampering korle ki roja bhangbey naki ?Tumi apple'a kamor diba, ar roja korba? Instead khashi'r roast'a kamor dao.

Yankees
March 28, 2018, 04:16 PM

I agree with what you're saying except for the wait and see part. ICC handed their punishment already. It was that 1 match ban. This is entirely CA going over the top.

So another player from another country would not get the same ban, most likely something like 5 tests, etc. Certainly if it was Kohli, no way BCCI risks not having him for the world cup.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like Smith and Warner punishment is way too harsh. I don't even like the guys and I feel sorry for them.

adamnsu
March 28, 2018, 04:49 PM
Heheheh!!! Adam bhaiya...apni ekjon sharaf admi...but apnar baj pakhir chokh...sob kichu dhora pore jai...
For the non-Bangal speakers (like brocley and aklemalp)...I think Adam bhai is onto something here...Akram seems like he is indeed tempering with the balls...but, I think there might be some other game being played here by the dude...I think he is playing pocket billiard...in another word, chulubulu....when khaujani comes, listen man, we all play.

Ha ha Bujhee Kom bro. Well how can I help it. The sign is placed at such a level like it is censoring the same place that Wasim Akram has placed his hand. And look at the extreme joy and pleasure in his face.

horizon
March 28, 2018, 05:34 PM
I thought they deserve bans but in my mind it was between 1 series to 3 months. I never thought this 1 year ban is coming. It's too harsh, but that's what you get when all other factors are against you. Remember, the allegation is not only that they tampered with the ball, but also they denied it to the umpires and lied in the post-match press conference.

NoName
March 28, 2018, 05:57 PM
It may seem harsh, but this will set the tone and fear for any idiot who dares to ball tamper in the Aussie team. CA is sending a message, short term pain long term gain sort of thing.

I also commend Smith to being honest about the whole thing and coming out clean unlike other teams, especially Saffers. The gall on Faf to be taking jibes and having a moral high ground when he was caught using his zipper a few years back.

G-man
March 28, 2018, 07:50 PM
magellan
LG
ASICS
Sanitarium

all dumping sponsorships

work quiet closely with magellan as they are a client...not surprised by this. domestic comps all around the world will be dumping them...

bigger they get harder they fall

G-man
March 28, 2018, 08:08 PM
i think aust is still too much game for us, but financially it'll be in CA's best interest now. we can take a financial opportunity here and get a tour, home or away

Sheikh_Saheb
March 28, 2018, 08:11 PM
Bancroft had it coming, lads got a Ban in his name.

Cheers
Siraj

anon4567
March 28, 2018, 10:33 PM
I feel bad for Bancroft, fellow Western Australian nevertheless. He's the youngest player in the team, and his spot is the most vulnerable. I think the leadership group used this as an opportunity to manipulate him.

They should have been softer on Bancroft. Wonder how this would have played out if he did rat out Smith and Warner instead.

anon4567
March 28, 2018, 10:36 PM
first stop your moonwalk and come down to earth brother lol!

I was being sarcastic. Still disappointed that we won't get a chance to play against Smith, Bancroft and Warner in their own backyard. Smith is the best test batsman of our time, a modern day cricketing legend. It's a shame he has shattered his career.

And Bancroft is an emerging cricketing name in the state I live in, at the moment third only to the Marsh bros.

Yankees
March 28, 2018, 10:39 PM
David Warned, Cameron Bannedcroft, and 12 months a Smith all got way too severe punishments. 6 months at most would have been fair.

anon4567
March 28, 2018, 10:40 PM
^ Yup, Bancroft even less so. It is very clear he got pressured into it.

DinRaat.
March 28, 2018, 11:55 PM
^ Yup, Bancroft even less so. It is very clear he got pressured into it.

Only good thing to come out of WA other than coal.

anon4567
March 29, 2018, 12:24 AM
Only good thing to come out of WA other than coal.

Iron ore and Mitch Johnson mate.. we were really driving the Aussie economy and the Ashes on the good old mining boom days.

Yankees
March 29, 2018, 12:44 AM
David Warned, Cameron Bannedcroft, and 12 months a Smith all got way too severe punishments. 6 months at most would have been fair.

sorry, let me re-do that. Stebanned Smith.

G-man
March 29, 2018, 12:58 AM
Iron ore and Mitch Johnson mate.. we were really driving the Aussie economy and the Ashes on the good old mining boom days.

a curious case of correlation or causation? mining boom long gone and australia's dominance/moral high ground long gone.

adamnsu
March 29, 2018, 03:41 AM
I think Cricket Australia want to send a strong message to players not to cheat in the future with severe bans for these players. Kudos to them!

Yes many may think this is too much, but sometimes such harsh measures are required to stop such things happening again.

DinRaat.
March 29, 2018, 04:34 AM
a curious case of correlation or causation? mining boom long gone and australia's dominance/moral high ground long gone.

Pathetic Fallacy more like it

5tonne
March 29, 2018, 07:24 AM
Darren Lehman just resigned.

aklemalp
March 29, 2018, 07:27 AM
Darren Lehman just resigned.

Guilty conscience?

Or afraid that he might get ratted out?

5tonne
March 29, 2018, 08:00 AM
Guilty conscience?

Or afraid that he might get ratted out?

He said he had made the decision to resign after watching Steve Smith's gut-wrenching press conference in Sydney as well as Cameron Bancroft fronting the media in Perth.

"The feeling is that Australian cricket needs to move forward and this is the right thing to do," Lehmann said.
"I really felt for Steve, as I saw him crying in front of the media. As I stated before I had no prior knowledge of the (ball-tampering) incident and do not condone what happened, but good people can make mistakes.

"My family and I have copped a lot of abuse over the last week and it's taken its toll. Life on the road means a long time away from our loved ones and after speaking with them at length over the last few days, this is the right time to step away.

"I'm ultimately responsible for the culture of the team and I've been thinking about my position for a while. Despite telling media yesterday that I'm not resigning, after viewing Steve and Cameron's hurting, it's only fair that I make this decision.

"This will allow Cricket Australia to undertake a full review into the culture of the team to begin to implement changes to regain the trust of the Australian public. This is the right thing for cricket."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/darren-lehmann-quits-as-coach-of-the-australian-cricket-team-20180329-p4z712.html

Jadukor
March 29, 2018, 08:01 AM
That was hard to watch. The steve smith press conference. I feel sorry for him

Shadow
March 29, 2018, 08:10 AM

He seemed very regretful. He also tried to shield others in the conference after that incident.

aklemalp
March 29, 2018, 08:12 AM
So they might grab Kirsten as their coach?

Shadow
March 29, 2018, 08:24 AM
So they might grab Kirsten as their coach?

Wasn't Justin Langer supposed to be next in line ?

iDumb
March 29, 2018, 08:41 AM

he might be the captain but he is still a kid really. I guess ppl don't realize how young the players are.

A lot has been taken away from him. It hurts becuase such a stupid thing caused you to lose so much. millions!! If things weren't taken away, it wouldn't have hurt this bad.

While I like no "cheating, tough" policy, I also realize the situation and the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Cricket Australia should have handled this better. Sometimes its better to let ICC do their thing and you do thing behind the door. But I suppose Aussie ego has gotten in the way. I didnt like the moment their stupid *** president started making comments on this.

Tigers_eye
March 29, 2018, 09:02 AM
For most of us (subcontinent) the punishment is too harsh because we are reactive. Aussie culture is proactive. Just like Fridi, or fool, we would be saying they broke the law, ICC punished them; that is it. Subcontinent boards wouldn't bother after that. And if the correct people are on the top, we would be even trying to lower ICC punishment by fighting it. :facepalm:

5tonne
March 29, 2018, 09:03 AM
Wasn't Justin Langer supposed to be next in line ?

I think he would be the coach. Gillespie just took over Sussex role for 3 years.

5tonne
March 29, 2018, 09:04 AM
For most of us (subcontinent) the punishment is too harsh because we are reactive. Aussie culture is proactive. Just like Fridi, or fool, we would be saying they broke the law, ICC punished them; that is it. Subcontinent boards wouldn't bother after that. And if the correct people are on the top, we would be even trying to lower ICC punishment by fighting it. :facepalm:
Most people including the Aussies are saying the punishment has been too harsh.

Tigers_eye
March 29, 2018, 09:45 AM
Most people including the Aussies are saying the punishment has been too harsh.That is because they see a remorse Smith, Warner losing sponsorships.

This is an exemplary punishment to set a tone and change the culture of winning at all cost. I hope our board bring in the boys and briefs them what is acceptable.

anon4567
March 29, 2018, 09:46 AM
I'm disgusted by our politicians involvement in Sports. Started when Julie Bishop (Foreign Affairs Minister) threatened to boycott the FIFA World Cup at Russia due to deterioration of international relations between the two country. Honestly who the f### is she to make decisions for Socceroos? Same with our PM and the cricket team.

anon4567
March 29, 2018, 09:50 AM
Dear Australia,

Heard you need a new coach, feel free to take Courtney Walsh. ;)

Regards,
Bangladesh Fan

Rinathq
March 29, 2018, 10:18 AM
It was very hard to watch... I do feel sorry for Smith for the first time
But guys. I have nothing against this ban.. to me, he deserved it after pushing a young kid in his 7th game to do this... If he did it, I would've been more sympathetic... But imagine the damage he caused to Bancrofts career and reputation

R0ssei
March 29, 2018, 10:24 AM
What does Jack Kallis do nowadays? Didn't he coach KKR before? If you get a world class all-rounder as a head coach, you won't need a separate bowling coach (Walsh hasn't done anything anyway). We can pay him more and allure him to take the job.

kalpurush
March 29, 2018, 11:15 AM
This is an exemplary punishment to set a tone and change the culture of winning at all cost. I hope our board bring in the boys and briefs them what is acceptable.

This.

All cricket boards should follow CA in this issue.
And, here is ICC realizing it...

ICC to review code of conduct, ball-tampering set to be bigger offence

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22951750/icc-review-code-conduct-ball-tampering-set-bigger-offence

aklemalp
March 29, 2018, 11:18 AM
This.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22951750/icc-review-code-conduct-ball-tampering-set-bigger-offence

Well done. Now this takes the game under the microscope.

But the punishment should be a couple of games and a fine.

Something similar to Tom Brady and deflategate.

aklemalp
March 29, 2018, 11:28 AM
I hope that CA doesn't turn to be worse than WICB.

aklemalp
March 29, 2018, 11:42 AM
All indications that Langer is set to take over.

5tonne
March 29, 2018, 08:59 PM
That is because they see a remorse Smith, Warner losing sponsorships.

There has been reactions from all corners that the punishment doesn't fit the crime way before Smith's presser and the sponsors pulled away. You can check tweeter.

5tonne
March 29, 2018, 09:18 PM
If ball tampering is illegal, pitch doctoring should be illegal too. I hope ICC comes down hard on that.

iDumb
March 29, 2018, 11:53 PM
Do you think cricket Australia's response against these two was a bit of retaliatory for the recent pay dispute ? As I remember these two were in the forefront and very vocal regarding getting more money .

horizon
March 30, 2018, 12:21 AM
This.

:up::up::up::up:

5tonne
March 30, 2018, 02:50 AM
Do you think cricket Australia's response against these two was a bit of retaliatory for the recent pay dispute ? As I remember these two were in the forefront and very vocal regarding getting more money .
Not really. Losing Smith and Warner is a big blow to Australia's winning chances too. If your team has no1 ranking player and you suddenly lose him your whole game plan is sure to be affected. Add to that an aggressive batsman like Warner. Together they have scored 35% of total team runs in last three years. Who would want to sponsor a losing team? CA is already losing sponsors.
As much as it was about sending a strong message CA want these players to come back in the team. In fact CA was contemplating giving them a two years ban but decided against it thinking that might end their careers.

Sheikh_Saheb
March 30, 2018, 04:06 AM

Yep, agreed. Rap on the knuckles from CA, slap on the wrist from ICC.

regards,
Siraj