PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2019: which teams will we beat?

al Furqaan
March 24, 2018, 09:45 PM
We will most likely go in the tournament ranked 7th as we've been for the past 3 years. We should beat the 3 teams ranked below us: Afghanistan, West Indies, and Sri Lanka. Out of PAK and NZ, we really ought to win one of those as well. From the remaining 4 opponents (SA/AUS/ENG/IND), if we play our best game and don't cop any bad calls we can win 1 game there. So I'll be satisfied if we win 4 games, but we'll have to play well to get any more than that. Most likely will need 6 wins to progress to the semis, or 5 with a really high net run rate.

Starting a poll here, and you can select as many teams as you want.

Yankees
March 24, 2018, 09:54 PM
i seriously think we will win 2 games. We will beat 1 of the 3 teams below us, most likely AFG. Will probably fumble one of the games from a winning position. And we will surprise by beating one of the teams above us, and be competitive (but not win) with another.

All in all, 2 wins and we will earn 2 games worth of "hearts"

DinRaat.
March 24, 2018, 10:00 PM
Lol, no way we can beat a grade A Australian side.

Unless the team decide to take steroids.

godzilla
March 24, 2018, 10:06 PM
India will out bat us as usual, aus/eng/NZ/sa - good luck for us is all I can say lol. Will throw a couple of bouncers at our batsmen, rest is history.

Tausif
March 24, 2018, 10:10 PM
I voted Afghanistan, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies. We really should be winning against Afg, Pak, SL, and WI. Have a better team than them imo. And New Zealand because we have beaten them before in CT and that should give our boys loads of confidence.

But I really want us to beat England. We are good against them in world tournaments and it would be great to continue that :D

Night_wolf
March 24, 2018, 10:13 PM
1999--Great WC
2003--Awful WC
2007--Great WC
2011--Awful WC
2015--Great WC
2019--Dont get your hopes up WC

aklemalp
March 24, 2018, 10:24 PM
If Ashraful is recalled, then BD can go all the way with this thing.

DinRaat.
March 24, 2018, 11:12 PM
We just need to win one match, and the tour will be hailed a blistering success, effigies of our players will be hung around the nation, youngsters will get houses, and the fans will remain eternally satisfied.

Joy Bangla :flag: :flag:

JoyBangla
March 25, 2018, 06:20 AM
Afg, SL, Eng are strong possibilities.
WI: could be close
NZ, Pak: more than close but could also end up one-sided losses.
Aus/SA/Ind: play hard...anything could happen.

So I think apart from nerves against Ind & Aus and to some extent SA, the rest are all possible victories.

Mas_UK25
March 25, 2018, 06:40 AM
England strong possibility? But Against NZ/Pak might lose one sided? Lol. It should be other way around.

I expect BD to beat SL, Pak, WI, and mighty Afghans. NZ, 50-50. England, a 30-70 chance for BD. It’s not easy to beat Eng at home since 2015.

Night_wolf
March 25, 2018, 06:45 AM
England strong possibility? But Against NZ/Pak might lose one sided? Lol. It should be other way around.

I expect BD to beat SL, Pak, WI, and mighty Afghans. NZ, 50-50. England, a 30-70 chance for BD. It’s not easy to beat Eng at home since 2015.

England had been our bunny for last 2 WC, could mental thing come into play..

DinRaat.
March 25, 2018, 07:10 AM

England will be a hero against all other teams except Australia, maybe India.

DinRaat.
March 25, 2018, 07:18 AM
The blokes that think we can beat Afghanistan have a serious wake up call coming.

Night_wolf
March 25, 2018, 07:31 AM
The blokes that think we can beat Afghanistan have a serious wake up call coming.

same thing happened in 2015 WC also, the blokes that thought we couldn't(including me) had that wake up call

It looks like I need another wake up call

DinRaat.
March 25, 2018, 07:35 AM
same thing happened in 2015 WC also, the blokes that thought we couldn't(including me) had that wake up call

It looks like I need another wake up call

That was fledgling Afghanistan. This is against Pubescent Afghanistan. :-|

aklemalp
March 25, 2018, 07:45 AM
Scotland almost beat Bangladesh in WC 15 also...
But they aren't gonna be in the next one...

Shehwar
March 25, 2018, 08:07 AM
1999--Great WC
2003--Awful WC
2007--Great WC
2011--Awful WC
2015--Great WC
2019--Dont get your hopes up WC

2011 we almost made it to the quarterfinals. Just got unlucky to be honest. West Indies needed 20 runs off 20 balls with 5 wickets in hand to beat England and they choked from there. If they had won that match then we would have been through to the quarterfinals. Just compare the Afghan luck compared to ours though. Unbelievable!!

Night_wolf
March 25, 2018, 08:16 AM
2011 we almost made it to the quarterfinals. Just got unlucky to be honest. West Indies needed 20 runs off 20 balls with 5 wickets in hand to beat England and they choked from there. If they had won that match then we would have been through to the quarterfinals. Just compare the Afghan luck compared to ours though. Unbelievable!!

tbh even if we made it to the quaterfinals It wouldn't have hide the awful WC we had playing in our soil. 58 all out to WI, 78 allout to SA. it was best that we didnot make it to the qf, or else all would have been forgotten