PDA

View Full Version : The Mujeeb Ur Rahman Appreciation Thread

aklemalp
March 25, 2018, 01:01 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQunCMOlkkhJ3gCw_N4fEu11oDk2EerY E8GdzOZhPVJDp6Xva96

*The first international cricketer(male) to be born in the 21st century.

*The youngest bowler to take a five wicket haul in ODIs

Current age: 16 years 362 days

Playing Role: Off-Spin Bowler

ODI CAREER:
Matches: 15
Wickets: 35
Average:16.62
Economy rate: 4.04
Strike Rate: 24.6

http://images.newindianexpress.com/uploads/user/imagelibrary/2017/12/8/original/zadran.JPG

cricket_king
March 25, 2018, 02:20 PM
So jealous of this guy. Afghans have evidently embraced unorthodox in their young players and are reaping three benefits of world class spinners in Mujeeb and Rashid Khan. Respect.

Mas_UK25
March 25, 2018, 06:40 PM
Afghans bongobondhu?

Yankees
March 25, 2018, 07:06 PM
Afghans bongobondhu?

lol was thinking the same.

aklemalp
March 25, 2018, 07:32 PM
I think he's more lethal than Rashid.

Al Furqaan may disagree...but this kid has the potential of being a real gem

DinRaat.
March 25, 2018, 08:05 PM
Afghan cricket is rising faster than we are rising.

19 years on and we are still rising.

iDumb
March 25, 2018, 08:13 PM
Ofcourse he is 16 and not a day older. This guy is younger than rashid? how is that possible?

DinRaat.
March 25, 2018, 08:18 PM
Why are we pulling about his age, he is a good player lets keep it at that.

iDumb
March 25, 2018, 08:26 PM
Why are we pulling about his age, he is a good player lets keep it at that.

right so a 30+ years old Rashid claiming to be 19 wouldn't be ok in any other sports. Its embarrasing.

U think that guy has 25 years career ahead of him if he is only 19 now?

DinRaat.
March 25, 2018, 08:29 PM
right so a 30+ years old Rashid claiming to be 19 wouldn't be ok in any other sports. Its embarrasing.

There is nothing we can do to prove his age, not saying that its good by we just gotta live with it.

Gowza
March 25, 2018, 08:42 PM
At the open age level we shouldn’t worry about a players ages, it should only be an issue where there are age restrictions. The more I see Rashid though, the younger I think he could be, and mujeeb imo does at least look u20 to me.

But neither of these bowlers will play age group cricket from here so not an issue for these two.

Night_wolf
March 25, 2018, 08:53 PM
agree with Gowza, as long as Rashid and Mujeeb not playing age level cricket anymore there is no point bringing their age.

if rashid is still 19 he will play for a long time. if he retires at 26-28 we'll all know the true story

aklemalp
March 25, 2018, 09:17 PM
agree with Gowza, as long as Rashid and Mujeeb not playing age level cricket anymore there is no point bringing their age.

if rashid is still 19 he will play for a long time. if he retires at 26-28 we'll all know the true story

Same thing was said of Afridi...

The Pashtun people are naturally bulkier and muscular at an early age.

I know a few 17-year olds who look like Mujeeb. Kids these days are maturing at an earlier age than a few generations ago. (Source?)

Tigers_eye
March 25, 2018, 11:00 PM
The guy who took down Murali.

Roey Haque
March 25, 2018, 11:04 PM
Spinbondhu

Roey Haque
March 25, 2018, 11:08 PM
Afghan cricket is rising faster than we are rising.

19 years on and we are still rising.

We are falling now actually.

But of course whether Afg's peak will match our peak is another question.

patriot
March 26, 2018, 01:09 AM
Wait till he plays against a top 8 team. This West Indian batting line would struggle against someone like a Suhurwardi Shuvo (possibly the worst SLA to come out of Bangladesh).

The problem I have with the false age of these Afghanistan players is the record books.

In the future, how will a genuine 20 year old feel when he picks up 100 wickets and realize that a '19 year old' Rashid khan achieved that feat before him.

anon4567
March 26, 2018, 02:09 AM
^ Mujib does look like a genuine16 year old kid. But I too don't buy for a second that Rashid Khan is 19.

Let's face it falsifying age is a common practice even in Bangladesh. But it's usually by a single year, or at most 2 years. Rashid Khan looked like someone who is 26-27 when I first saw him play on TV as a "16 year old".

jeesh
March 26, 2018, 08:27 AM
Age aside i think top teams will also have a hard time against these two. Particular Adil Rashid who has this awkward action, quicker in the air giving batsmen less reaction time. He's proven himself at all the T20 competitions against top players.

Mujeeb will be easier to figure out. Similar to Akila Dananjaya. Shows terrific temperament. Gets much more purchase than say Mehedi Miraz. And that delivery which goes the other way is always bound to pick up wickets.

Tigers_eye
March 26, 2018, 08:32 AM
Wait till he plays against a top 8 team...When you can turn the ball both ways with control of length and speed.... there is no stopping. Batsmen would second guess and that is it.

He already did it in U-19 WC and BPL. Just watch IPL stats if they let him play. He should be the new Fizz.

DinRaat.
March 26, 2018, 10:49 AM
We are falling now actually.

But of course whether Afg's peak will match our peak is another question.

I know we are, but that is admitting it is rude and some would find it too hard to swallow

aklemalp
March 26, 2018, 02:14 PM
When you can turn the ball both ways with control of length and speed.... there is no stopping. Batsmen would second guess and that is it.

He already did it in U-19 WC and BPL. Just watch IPL stats if they let him play. He should be the new Fizz.

There's a trend going around:

IF you are a mystery spinner, you will be found out.

I don't know how the greater teams will handle him.

aklemalp
April 9, 2018, 07:51 PM
Not a bad IPL debut: 4-0-28-2, with 1 runout.
Wonder why Ashwin didn't open the bowling with him; he was the 3rd bowler used.

https://cdn.firstwall.com/wallimages/2018/04/09/405_blogger_f15e35973751a031601cc6ca88f18b7f_thumb nail_thumbnail_1523285706.jpg

bujhee kom
April 10, 2018, 05:27 AM
Hhmmm...matha-e chul onek ghono...Got a head full of hair.
Bowling is good, now just needs a good hair-cut.

adamnsu
April 10, 2018, 06:36 AM
Do we need a separate appreciation thread for every foreign player? I think this should all be dumped into one thread.

tiger1000
April 10, 2018, 07:59 AM

Did anyone hear him talk on mic in ipl, they asked him how ipl helped him and Afghanistan cricket, he replies about how ipl will help youngsters in the team

Which '18' year old calls his team mates youngsters

I don't think he's 30, but he's mid 20's

This mujeeb guy at least is under 20

Tigers_eye
April 10, 2018, 08:49 AM
Did anyone hear him talk on mic in ipl, they asked him how ipl helped him and Afghanistan cricket, he replies about how ipl will help youngsters in the team

Which '18' year old calls his team mates youngsters

I don't think he's 30, but he's mid 20's

This mujeeb guy at least is under 20
He was talking about Mujeeb and those who (aged group) aspire to be in IPL one day.

From CricInfo his current age is 19 years and 202 days. If three/four years shy, that puts him under 24. Do we have a talent like him who had success in the intl arena at that age barring Shakib?

tiger1000
April 10, 2018, 03:18 PM
He was talking about Mujeeb and those who (aged group) aspire to be in IPL one day.

From CricInfo his current age is 19 years and 202 days. If three/four years shy, that puts him under 24. Do we have a talent like him who had success in the intl arena at that age barring Shakib?

He's a great player, never said he wasn't, 19 he is not.

No teenager ever refers to other international players as youngsters

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2018, 08:36 AM

No teenager ever refers to other international players as youngstersMujeeb younger to him playing IPL. Zahir Khan (leg spinner) was bought by IPL team who hasn't played for Afghans yet (U-19). There is your two. Give people the benefit of the doubt if the information is unknown or unverified.

Gowza
April 11, 2018, 08:40 AM
Don't forget rashid recently captained Afghanistan for a lot of the WC qualifiers, therefore he probably considers himself a senior player of the side.

Tigers_eye
April 13, 2018, 11:50 AM
Mujeeb ki jinisah bhujo ekhon. Murali's record will fall.

hoodlum
April 13, 2018, 12:02 PM
People here in BC still doubt about his potential. They will get the answer in the upcoming series of Afghanistan. Bangladesh is going to face him in the bilateral series against AFG and also in the Asia cup. They are in the same group with us.

Night_wolf
April 13, 2018, 12:03 PM
Mujeeb ki jinisah bhujo ekhon. Murali's record will fall.

what record? Murali's ODI and Test wickets record?

even if for argument sake say Mujeeb is the greatest talent ever to walk in the face of the earth, he needs minimum 120 test matches to get to 800wks and a minimum of 325 ODI matches to get to 535 wickets.

No way while playing for Afg he will play that amount of matches.

Now let throw out the argument sake, He is yet to showcase his talent in either ODI or Test matches vs Credible opponents, just base on T20 performance saying he will brake murali's record is ludicrous

hoodlum
April 13, 2018, 12:06 PM
I think Nayeem Hasan can be a similar version of Mujeeb. He needs to work on different variations like him from now on. He is also tall like Mujeeb.

Gowza
April 13, 2018, 04:48 PM
Bowling Kohli after he's got 20 odd striking around 130 in a chase, that is quite impressive.

tiger1000
April 14, 2018, 03:06 AM
Rashid Khan is better, this guy is another mendis but with a superior googly

As for kholi he never picks the googly

Mridul
April 17, 2018, 10:59 AM
Rashid and Mujeeb combo in test matches in Asian pitches will be deadly. I am looking forward to Afghanistan vs. India test match. India will most likely make green pitches against Afghanistan.

Night_wolf
April 17, 2018, 11:08 AM
Rashid and Mujeeb combo in test matches in Asian pitches will be deadly. I am looking forward to Afghanistan vs. India test match. India will most likely make green pitches against Afghanistan.

it'll be a normal batting pitch..Afg cant nither out bat india nor they have batsman who would be able to bat 2 days..so a normal batting pitch is the way to go for india when playing teams like us afg and SL

al Furqaan
April 17, 2018, 08:36 PM

Nah it will be a flat patta track like we had at Hyderbad and would have drawn the Test if not for Shakib's customary brain fart.

Afghans will be bundled out for under 200 in both innings. But with their bowling (India is weak against quality spin but only if the ball is turning) AFG have a chance to pick up 10 Indian wickets for under 500 runs.

Will most likely lose by an innings though.

Gowza
April 18, 2018, 01:40 AM
india vs Afghanistan is going to come down to the batting more than likely. Afghans batsmen won't be able to bat for long enough, even on a spinning wicket india's batting is just too strong, unless mujeeb and rashid both bowl out of this world for two innings in the same match and the Indian batsmen collapse two innings in a row.

aklemalp
April 18, 2018, 07:32 PM
So only India will pose a threat to them?

That means they will run through all the other oppositions.

Gowza
April 18, 2018, 07:49 PM
So only India will pose a threat to them?

That means they will run through all the other oppositions.

No, the Afghan batting isn't strong enough for the top teams, the lower half ranked teams they may have a chance in some matches. Well I'm just basing this off how strong their batting is in ODIs, they may surprise us in tests but if they can't do it in one-dayers they prob can't in tests...but as I've been saying they've got some batsmen in their domestic comps that are very consistent and are playing big innings regularly so you never know.

aklemalp
April 23, 2018, 07:31 PM
Watched him bowled the final over under pressure today...he had to defend 17. A cakewalk for experienced death bowlers. But is Mujeeb a death bowler? Nah.
This did a world of experience to him. His skipper trusting him to bowl the final over.

The ball he bowled to Pant (his first) was a peach. Pant didn't pick him.

This is a duel I expect to see in the years to come.
Also him versus Prithwi Shaw

aklemalp
May 6, 2018, 05:12 PM
Career best bowling figures for him in T20s:

4-0-27-3

Earns him the man of the match

Gowza
May 6, 2018, 05:28 PM
Can’t wait to see him and rashid in the upcoming test against India.

aklemalp
May 8, 2018, 11:22 AM
Most economical Punjab bowler today

4-0-21-2