PDA

View Full Version : Mohammad Mrittunjoy Chowdhury: 18 yo LMF bowler from Shatkhira

al Furqaan
March 26, 2018, 10:01 PM
He's been absolutely ripping apart Afghanistan U-17s in India. Took 5 for 13 and bowled AFG out for 96 all out after the BD cubs put up 500 for 7 declared.

His figures on tour so far with most recent first:

3 for 21
3 for 10
2 for 31
5 for 13
3 for 59
5 for 39

Those are some pretty sick bowling numbers and AFG age groupers recently went to the WC semis so this bunch must be decent at the least.

aklemalp
March 26, 2018, 10:12 PM
Wow, this is impressive.

Hope he is nurtured the right way and not follow the Taskin approach.

It would be nice if we see a picture of him.

Awla
March 26, 2018, 10:40 PM
The name is a bit strange!

al Furqaan
March 26, 2018, 10:46 PM
we have some decent pace prospects i think. out of uncapped guys i'd like to see Yasin Arafat Mishu get a look in for the Afghan series.

Shaan
March 27, 2018, 01:19 AM
yep i was amazed by his performance too, i hope bcb will polish him and others with great care.

Night_wolf
March 27, 2018, 01:40 AM
he is 18 years and 57 days old..how is he playing U-17?

DinRaat.
March 27, 2018, 02:53 AM
Anyone need help pronunce the name here it is.

Mmm-Rit-tun Joy Chowdhury.

DinRaat.
March 27, 2018, 02:53 AM
Another selfie star in the making, please don't give this guy the world at age 19

Shadow
March 27, 2018, 03:45 AM
A pace bowling academy should be there to monitor and nurture young prospects like him.

cricket_king
March 27, 2018, 04:04 AM
Mrittunjoy. Whattaname.

Shaan
March 27, 2018, 04:36 AM
Another selfie star in the making, please don't give this guy the world at age 19

do u know him personally? if not then why so negative???

DinRaat.
March 27, 2018, 04:40 AM

Because we gave Task in everything and look how he returned the favor to us. I don't want him to be wasted, I want him to start his career with no expectations.

adamnsu
March 27, 2018, 04:40 AM

DinRaats' underlying message is that usually these youngsters cannot handle stardom when they play for the national team at an early stage and get easily distracted.

DinRaat.
March 27, 2018, 04:46 AM
Keep the kid as far away from fame as possible.let him start from the mud and work his way up.

We have seen many Taskinesque Bowlers not be able to handle fame.

He should be a clean slate.

R0ssei
March 27, 2018, 11:47 AM
Wow, this is impressive.

Hope he is nurtured the right way and not follow the Taskin approach.

It would be nice if we see a picture of him.

Mohammad Mrittunjoy Chowdhury (Nipun)

https://preview.ibb.co/mhme9n/mrittunjoy_chowdhury.jpg (https://ibb.co/nEMCUn)

Apparently, he impressed with his reverse swing and cutters.

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 11:52 AM
^^ Thanks :up:

He looks like a tall bloke

al Furqaan
March 27, 2018, 02:36 PM
Got smashed around the park today. Only 2 wickets for 20 runs. :lol:

aklemalp
March 27, 2018, 06:07 PM
Got smashed around the park today. Only 2 wickets for 20 runs. :lol:

Yeah. Smashed lol

40 balls he bowled, with 31 of them being dots

Shaan
March 27, 2018, 11:52 PM
Well done by boys at least they won the odi's

Night_wolf
March 28, 2018, 12:17 AM
next under 19 WC is on 2020. he will be over 19 by that time. dont know if he can play that WC, if he can it will be interesting to see how he does

Sheikh_Saheb
March 28, 2018, 01:35 AM
Wow, this lad sounds promising. Can he play A-Team or something? Or send him down under, wont teach him to tamper, bl00dy oath mate.

regards,
Siraj

Gowza
March 28, 2018, 02:03 AM
Where's manik? What's happened to taskin? Even mustafizur isn't as good as he was (though he's still decent).

Really need some proper pace bowler coaching, there is talent but it's not being properly looked after.

Yeasin arafat got an 8fer a handful of matches ago and now he doesn't even make the xi.

Hasan mahmud can bowl upwards of 140kph but has he made any sort of impact domestically?

Has rubel develops much? Saifuddin was a good prospect in u19s, even did pretty well domestically at first (still does ok) but internationally not cutting it.

Wasn't Imran ali supposed to be pretty strong and fast?

Too much wasted talent.

Mas_UK25
March 28, 2018, 06:19 AM
I thought it was mithunjoy at first

Shubho
March 28, 2018, 08:15 AM
Mrittunjoy = Death and Victory??? Deadly victory? Victorious death?

fush_montor
March 28, 2018, 08:37 AM

Mrittunjoy = Mrittu ke joy koreche je

Max100
March 28, 2018, 09:11 AM
he is promising. but i think most promising player outside national team is qazi anik

aklemalp
March 28, 2018, 10:10 AM

Oh my. :-/:-/

Shaan
March 28, 2018, 10:33 AM
he who defy the death is mrittunjoy

One World
March 28, 2018, 10:37 AM
fush-montor bro is correct.

This word has a closer link to Sanskrit. Regularly used in Bengali literature under British India. Common theme is someone who defied death which seemed inevitable, in scenarios like having the illness during an epidemic but still got cured, or getting attacked by a deadly animal during a jungle trip but still came back alive, got hurt badly near death in a war but still remained strong and ready for the next, in cricketing terms surviving deadly overs while keeping calm to ensure victory etc.

mufi_02
March 28, 2018, 10:43 AM
fush-montor bro is correct.

This word has a closer link to Sanskrit. Regularly used in Bengali literature under British India. Common theme is someone who defied death which seemed inevitable, in scenarios like having the illness during an epidemic but still got cured, or getting attacked by a deadly animal during a jungle trip but still came back alive, got hurt badly near death in a war but still remained strong and ready for the next, in cricketing terms surviving deadly overs while keeping calm to ensure victory etc.

does that make Riyad a classic Sanskrit hero?

One World
March 28, 2018, 10:59 AM
does that make Riyad a classic Sanskrit hero?

I will leave it to the experts ;)

iDumb
March 28, 2018, 11:32 AM
**** you learn everyday in BC .

He should feature in our national team just to have a discussion on his name by athar and arun lal

simon
March 28, 2018, 12:07 PM
Mrittunjoy is the Bangla equivalent to names like Chuck Norris, Sunny Deol, Rajnikant, Hathuresinghe.

R0ssei
March 28, 2018, 12:57 PM

Shouldn't it be "Mrittunjoyi" then? :confused:

মৃত্যু কে জয় করেছে যে = মৃত্যুঞ্জয়ী

iDumb
March 28, 2018, 01:11 PM

Then it may be a girls name . Guys name in bangal don't end with eeee.

R0ssei
March 28, 2018, 01:14 PM
Then it may be a girls name . Guys name in bangal don't end with eeee.

Have you seen HIS nickname?

It's NIPUN for God's sake

Shubho
March 28, 2018, 01:51 PM

That makes a whole lot more sense than the meanings I guessed.

Mrittunjoy = He who defies death

aklemalp
March 28, 2018, 01:52 PM
^^That's a bada$$ name, i tell yah

fush_montor
March 28, 2018, 02:41 PM

both mean the same thing..loose variations of each other...interesting thing about his name is that it’s not a common bengali muslim name; Mrittunjoy being the decorative name of the hindu god Shiva and all that...he must have been named after the literal meaning of the word and it DOES sound bada$$!
His nickname Nipun of course means somone who’s flawless at his craft...let’s hope that is indeed the case with our man

Tigers_eye
March 28, 2018, 03:22 PM
Arnab would get a kick out of this thread.

Yankees
March 28, 2018, 04:00 PM
You just have to search "Mrittunjoy" on FB to find that it's not a very uncommon name in Bangladesh. Mostly Hindus, but lots of Muslims too. Some of my favorites:

Shifat Mrittunjoy
Mrittunjoy Mistry (sweet death over victory?)
Mrityunjoy Chakraborty (now that's a mouthful)

Shubho
March 28, 2018, 04:21 PM
All we need now is for the boy to live up to his name.

Mas_UK25
March 28, 2018, 05:39 PM

Martyr?

Kohli_Sox
March 29, 2018, 05:33 PM
This guy is the real deal I tell you

DinRaat.
March 29, 2018, 05:35 PM
This guy is the real deal I tell you

A real deal, like Taskin.

Fazal
March 29, 2018, 06:00 PM
A real deal, like Taskin.

Taskin was never a real deal. For some it may be, who were gugu Gaga about his looks, height and speed.Some of us saw potential, but never declared sure success like others.

He had some early success here and there with a promise of good future but he rarely had constant success.

Not that I am saying this kid real deal, as I haven't seen him, but Taskin is a bad example to compare with this kid.

horizon
March 30, 2018, 12:21 AM
Is this guy playing against Afghanistan U-17?

Night_wolf
March 30, 2018, 12:30 AM
Is this guy playing against Afghanistan U-17?

yes

3 for 21
3 for 10
2 for 31
5 for 13
3 for 59
5 for 39
2 for 20

DinRaat.
March 30, 2018, 02:45 AM
Taskin was never a real deal. For some it may be, who were gugu Gaga about his looks, height and speed.Some of us saw potential, but never declared sure success like others.

He had some early success here and there with a promise of good future but he rarely had constant success.

Not that I am saying this kid real deal, as I haven't seen him, but Taskin is a bad example to compare with this kid.

Sarcasm brother, surprised you didn't pick it up.

Fazal
March 30, 2018, 10:15 AM
Sarcasm brother, surprised you didn't pick it up.

.... sorry... getting old.... brain doesn't work like before.:)

nightwatchman
March 30, 2018, 03:34 PM
Wish he becomes a legend and defies death so people will remember him afterwards ...
We need hard working smart cricketers not good looking inconsistent speedsters who try different short balls one after another

horizon
March 30, 2018, 04:36 PM
yes

3 for 21
3 for 10
2 for 31
5 for 13
3 for 59
5 for 39
2 for 20

This post says he's 18 years old then why is he playing in U17?

aklemalp
March 30, 2018, 04:43 PM

There's a window in age-group cricket that allows some overaged cricketers to play in the age group under...

For me it was August 1st, I was able to play under-15 cricket (in my last year in that age group) while starting as a 15 year old and ending as a 16-year old.

It is accepted all over the world.

tiger1000
March 30, 2018, 05:15 PM

And playing against bunch of 22 year olds

Night_wolf
March 30, 2018, 10:57 PM

I had the same question. but he just recently became 18, I guess he made it because some cut off day

al Furqaan
March 31, 2018, 01:28 AM
I don't think U-17 is officially sanctioned by the ICC (unlike U-19). So you could probably play a 30 year old and no one would really care.

Mas_UK25
March 31, 2018, 08:14 AM
A lot players have come from Khulna Divsion. There’s a lot of talents there. Mashrafe, Shakib, Razzak, Anamul, Mustafizur, Rubel, Even Haba was too. If BCB has a good vision, open up an academy by before Padma bridge gets done. Not everyone, every talent out there will want to travel to Dhaka for to use BKSP. Not every kid out there (hidden talents) want to travel so far.

DinRaat.
March 31, 2018, 08:20 AM
A lot players have come from Khulna Divsion. There’s a lot of talents there. Mashrafe, Shakib, Razzak, Anamul, Mustafizur, Rubel, Even Haba was too. If BCB has a good vision, open up an academy by before Padma bridge gets done. Not everyone, every talent out there will want to travel to Dhaka for to use BKSP. Not every kid out there (hidden talents) want to travel so far.

Sathkira has produced some talented cricketers too.

bujhee kom
April 2, 2018, 03:48 PM
Who is this guy? A junior (Mohammadad) Mithun Chokroborty naki?
Cheleta ki dance janey? Actor?

Mas_UK25
April 2, 2018, 04:56 PM
Sathkira has produced some talented cricketers too.

Which falls into the same category, Khulna Division.

Also Soumya Sarkar, from there too.

Khulna Division has a lot of talents, for sure. We need a academy there more probably hidden.

Tigers_eye
April 3, 2018, 09:08 AM
Who is this guy? A junior (Mohammadad) Mithun Chokroborty naki?
Cheleta ki dance janey? Actor?The funny part is, the senior is originally also from the same region. :)

The Jr. knows D I S C O.

Tigers_eye
April 3, 2018, 09:32 AM
A lot players have come from Khulna Divsion. There’s a lot of talents there. Mashrafe, Shakib, Razzak, Anamul, Mustafizur, Rubel, Even Haba was too. If BCB has a good vision, open up an academy by before Padma bridge gets done. Not everyone, every talent out there will want to travel to Dhaka for to use BKSP. Not every kid out there (hidden talents) want to travel so far.Adding Rana (deceased), Al Amin (Bowler), Mo Mithun (WK-BAT), Miraz, Arafat Sunny, Syed Rasel, Robiul Islam, Shohag Gazi, Nurul Hasan (WK) and so many more.

godzilla
April 4, 2018, 08:10 PM
DinRaats' underlying message is that usually these youngsters cannot handle stardom when they play for the national team at an early stage and get easily distracted.

I donno how old Dinratt is but in this day and age, all damn teenagers and even alot of adults are like that. Taskin is just not a good bowler atm, him taking selfie has nothing to do with his cricketing skills. Like they say, practice makes perfection.

DinRaat.
April 4, 2018, 08:33 PM
I donno how old Dinratt is but in this day and age, all damn teenagers and even alot of adults are like that. Taskin is just not a good bowler atm, him taking selfie has nothing to do with his cricketing skills. Like they say, practice makes perfection.

24, back in my days. Facebook wasn't so much popular, heck I got my first phone when I started university, and still have it with me today. Taskin wastes his valuable time taking selfies and hanging about(assuming by his Facebook usage), in this time he can be a better bowler

bolero
April 5, 2018, 02:38 AM
I like the name. Prophet Mohammad is revered in Islam and Mrityunjay or Mrittunjoy (in Bangla) is Lord Shiva (revered among Hindus).

So the bowler will do well. Early days yet, its all about consistency.

Yankees
April 5, 2018, 02:54 AM
I like the name. Prophet Mohammad is revered in Islam and Mrityunjay or Mrittunjoy (in Bangla) is Lord Shiva (revered among Hindus).

So the bowler will do well. Early days yet, its all about consistency.

His friends call him Jesus.

adamnsu
April 5, 2018, 03:00 AM

Its not about taking selfies but managing his feet on the ground and not getting diverted with the new fame. These things happen alot with our players regardless of what practice they do.

Rifat
September 24, 2018, 04:17 PM
Can he be a surprise inclusion to World cup 2019? is he Ready? I want to see him play BPL... I think this kid will have a fizz like impact. Let's see...