PDA

View Full Version : All About Avatars THREAD-Discussions, Gossips, Bragging Rights, etc

aklemalp
March 28, 2018, 07:39 PM
Thread is self-explanatory...

I wonder why Roey hasn't reported Dinraat as yet...concerning the latter's avatar..

I've changed mine yesterday. Went for something random.

I know that Zeeshan is a frequent changer of his avatars, but he always has that stock Steven Seagal cartoon one that he always revert back to...

Jadukor's Iron Maiden is pretty iconic as well...

mufi_02
March 28, 2018, 08:56 PM
I’ll think you are a genius if you can tell me what my avatar means

Night_wolf
March 28, 2018, 09:22 PM

are you asking aklemalp? because for rest of us its a very easy answer

aklemalp
March 28, 2018, 10:51 PM

I would not know what it signifies...

But I see the moon tho; Chandra, Purnima.

aklemalp
March 28, 2018, 10:52 PM

Drop the ball...or a few hints...or something else that might want to share.

Jadukor
March 28, 2018, 11:06 PM

Is that a cover from some Himu novel? Now i feel depressed thinking of Humayun Ahmed

Yankees
March 28, 2018, 11:17 PM
Drop the ball...or a few hints...or something else that might want to share.

Here's a hint: He Moo

Roey Haque
March 29, 2018, 12:10 AM
Arghh, Aklemmap, again with the overreaction just because it is related to Rahim. Of course Dinraat can upload any avatar he wishes, the avatar ain't the problem, the man's cricketing behavior, attitude and performances are...anyway...let's leave it at that

Let's see what comes to mind..

Furqan's Anamul Haque photo has become pretty iconic. Done ironically or not? I think I once asked him, but forget his answer.

ZeeShan's 3 dot/ 4 dot? head gopal bhar? also sticks to mind.

I remember iDumb having a Langdon Donavan photo, before he went no avatar. That was strange, I mean I watch a lot of soccer, and think he is the greatest player to come out of USA, but have him appreciated in a cricket thread, certainly cool. Again, don't know if it was genuine appreciation or ironic.

I once made Nadim a Nas Hossain avatar, don't know if he still has that one.

aklemalp
March 29, 2018, 06:16 AM
Here's a hint: He Moo

Not even gonna guess.

aklemalp
March 29, 2018, 06:18 AM
Arghh, Aklemmap, again with the overreaction just because it is related to Rahim. Of course Dinraat can upload any avatar he wishes, the avatar ain't the problem, the man's cricketing behavior, attitude and performances are...anyway...let's leave it at that

Let's see what comes to mind..

Furqan's Anamul Haque photo has become pretty iconic. Done ironically or not? I think I once asked him, but forget his answer.

ZeeShan's 3 dot/ 4 dot? head gopal bhar? also sticks to mind.

I remember iDumb having a Langdon Donavan photo, before he went no avatar. That was strange, I mean I watch a lot of soccer, and think he is the greatest player to come out of USA, but have him appreciated in a cricket thread, certainly cool. Again, don't know if it was genuine appreciation or ironic.

I once made Nadim a Nas Hossain avatar, don't know if he still has that one.

Hehe..."the man's cricketing behavior, attitude, etc..."

The Nagin dance, Dinraat's avatar exemplifies all of that. :lol:

DinRaat.
March 29, 2018, 06:20 AM
Hehe..."the man's cricketing behavior, attitude, etc..."

The Nagin dance, Dinraat's avatar exemplifies all of that. :lol:

It was either that or Shakib grabbing his balls you decide.

mufi_02
March 29, 2018, 09:33 AM

yes it was for akle. but I think he got close with "purnima".

80s/90s book covers by dhrubo esh makes me feel very nostalgic. this is just a homage to the great humayun ahmed and the beautiful covers by esh.

aklemalp
March 29, 2018, 11:03 AM

80s/90s book covers by dhrubo esh makes me feel very nostalgic. this is just a homage to the great humayun ahmed and the beautiful covers by esh.

At first glance I couldn't recognize those yellow figures...then I try a little harder, and polyps come to mind.

I don't know who Humayun is.

Roey Haque
March 29, 2018, 02:06 PM
Not even gonna guess.

Don't worry dude, you ain't missing out. It's a novel. And it ain't that good. Overrated character from an overrated author. But I never read it though. But I was getting mad with the constant references of it in Dhaka. So I asked, "who is this Himu?" They said it was "a kid with a yellow punjabi". I said "so?" They said "he was weird". I said. "and"? They said "he tells the truth". I said, "where is the story here?"...They said "you would not understand". I said "apparently not"

Actually, I do not like the writer at all. Bd can produce far greater authors than that chump. I also know things about his family, but that is a rabbit hole you do not want to get into. I only know these things because of being the conspiracy researcher that I am.

Sorry, that took a strange tangent, long story cut short, don't worry your brilliant mind with some HeMoo, SheMoo..

If you ever want to get into Bengali novels, you can start with Satyajit Ray. Most of his stuff is translated, so you can read.

iDumb
March 29, 2018, 02:50 PM
Don't worry dude, you ain't missing out. It's a novel. And it ain't that good. Overrated character from an overrated author. But I never read it though. But I was getting mad with the constant references of it in Dhaka. So I asked, "who is this Himu?" They said it was "a kid with a yellow punjabi". I said "so?" They said "he was weird". I said. "and"? They said "he tells the truth". I said, "where is the story here?"...They said "you would not understand". I said "apparently not"

Seinfeld is a show about nothing yet it is arguably the greatest comedy series in US TV history.

It is not the story but the way it is told - simplified for the masses yet brining in some strong emotions. Humayun Ahmed was a big phenomenon in 80s to 90s. I guess the timing also helped him but regardless the guy is a master story teller.

You have good memory btw. Referencing my landon donovon pic. :up: But my favorite avatar is by a member name Orpheus who doesn't post anymore with an avatar that says Virgin. iconic.

aklemalp
March 29, 2018, 05:08 PM
I forget the guy with the Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction avatar....

That one also stands out

Jadukor
March 30, 2018, 06:13 AM
I don't know who Humayun is.

He was a wonderful writer and one of the best from Bangladesh. His dramas kept the whole country captivated and his novels were also quite brilliant. I wish you could read bangla because i am sure his Misir Ali and Himu catalogue would have made a fan out of you.

aklemalp
March 30, 2018, 10:50 AM
He was a wonderful writer and one of the best from Bangladesh. His dramas kept the whole country captivated and his novels were also quite brilliant. I wish you could read bangla because i am sure his Misir Ali and Himu catalogue would have made a fan out of you.

Oh kool, thanks for the reply. Sounds like he was a really good storyteller. :)

Would have never known had this thread not been created.

Encourage others to dissect fellow members' avatar

aklemalp
April 1, 2018, 06:51 AM
Who else salivate after seeing Shingara's avatar?

Tigers_eye
April 1, 2018, 08:59 AM
Who else salivate after seeing Shingara's avatar?

me. me. me.

Antora
April 1, 2018, 10:24 PM
I miss my avatar from like 2008. A GIF of 'cricket mafia' me, Habibul Bashar and Ashraful. Guess I was co0l back then and now I'm just a grandma :P

Tigers_eye
April 2, 2018, 08:36 AM
I miss my avatar from like 2008. A GIF of 'cricket mafia' me, Habibul Bashar and Ashraful. Guess I was co0l back then and now I'm just a grandma :P
:lol: Buri, chul color koro. Grandma to Grand child conversion hoitey beshi shomoi lakbe na. Ar tumi Grandma hoiley, amra ki? :facepalm:

Tigers_eye
April 2, 2018, 08:38 AM
One of the best "of the new world order." Too many legends we have. Each great in their own style of writing. :)

Night_wolf
April 2, 2018, 09:43 AM
TBH we all have our avatars, some unique, some very good, some not so good but the best avatar of the forum has to be Tiger_eye's one. you cant beat that! something so close to your heart!

Antora
April 3, 2018, 12:08 AM
:lol: Buri, chul color koro. Grandma to Grand child conversion hoitey beshi shomoi lakbe na. Ar tumi Grandma hoiley, amra ki? :facepalm:

LOL:lol: given I joined when I was an annoying 13 year old to now being a wise (i think) 24 year old, I'd say I've transitioned to a grandma or at least a wise old woman...

Antora
April 3, 2018, 12:10 AM
My current avatar with the penguin in headphones is really weird I've just realised...
I don't even remember where I found it or why I decided to use it :-|

simon
April 5, 2018, 02:18 PM
Don't know about others but my avatar is the "cool"est :snob: because it features the lord of the Winter-fell, sheet-er ....... kakku, if you saw his video u know him, he is the bad *** (kharap pasa) :cool:

By the way, T_E bhai and Ahnaf got the same avatar, now I understand for T_E bhai but Ahnaf's love for Jomie Shudhon kakku has to stop someday. :-p

Roey Haque
April 5, 2018, 05:29 PM
^ LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheeter kakku.........:floor:

aklemalp
August 12, 2018, 08:50 AM
My current avatar is of myself.

Taken recently on a road trip to Delaware. Stopped out for gas, and saw a cool looking water tower. So whilst asking my brother to take a picture of the water tower, he took one of me pointing to it- off-guard is the term attached to these types of pictures.

ToBeFair
August 12, 2018, 09:17 AM
Do you like my avatar? It is Mikey.

Shadow
August 12, 2018, 09:29 AM
Do you like my avatar? It is Mikey.

I like it.

Zeeshan
August 26, 2018, 10:05 PM
I like all of my ones. I mean other than Omega, sniper I self-deprecatingly used Bruno and Biebz and other sandbags.

Dictators got me in trouble which is really stupid cuz the definition is so vague. Tayle to bola jay Dubba is also a war criminal.

I am surprised no one uses Bangladesh flag as brand name.

I used to like the cartoonized avys of Mahmud and Ahmed B

RS one is pretty symbolic and fitting.

Not an animal lover but BK always made me smile.

I really need to find out what happened.

I respect people who uses their own photo.

Tarpor ase Simon meyelipona obhotor niye. Dude...

There was a member called Orpheus who proudly wore his virginity like a badge of honor.

Pretty sure forgetting tons

Zeeshan
August 26, 2018, 10:07 PM

Don't forget Jafar Iqbal's ones as well. Kemon jano jen Jen bhaab.

aklemalp
November 13, 2018, 03:28 PM
I respect people who uses their own photo.

Very few of us...

Roey Haque
November 13, 2018, 07:51 PM
^ Oh, that's you. I always thought it was Tamim.