PDA

View Full Version : Be the chief selector, make your own BD XI

ma_o_mati
March 29, 2018, 01:44 PM
Ok this is for fun. Make your dream xi of bd team.

Odi:

1. Tamim
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Ashraful
4. Mushfiq
5. Shakib
6. Riyad
7. Sabbir
8. Rofiq
9. Mustafiz
10. Masrafee
11. Nazmul hossain(the pacer)

aklemalp
March 29, 2018, 02:02 PM
How much will I be paid?

Yankees
March 29, 2018, 04:15 PM
How much will I be paid?

Silly Aklemalp, you don't get paid as the chief selector. You line your pockets directly from the BCB coffers. Whatever's left goes to cricket "infrastructure"

One World
April 3, 2018, 07:19 PM
Test: Tamim-Liton-Mominul-Ash-Mushfiqur-Shakib-Riad-Mosaddek-Miraz-Rubel/Razzaq-Mustafiz

ODI: Tamim-Anamul-Liton/Nafees-Shanto-Mushfiqur-Shakib-Naeem/Nurul-Mazid-Onik-Mustafiz-Mashrafe

T201: Same team as played in Nidhahas Trophy Final only replace Soummya with Ash

These should be our current teams based on performance.

Tigers_eye
April 3, 2018, 08:17 PM
Ok this is for fun. Make your dream xi of bd team.

Odi:

8. Rofiq
:waiting:

Night_wolf
April 3, 2018, 08:57 PM
Test: Tamim-Liton-Mominul-Ash-Mushfiqur-Shakib-Riad-Mosaddek-Miraz-Rubel/Razzaq-Mustafiz

ODI: Tamim-Anamul-Liton/Nafees-Shanto-Mushfiqur-Shakib-Naeem/Nurul-Mazid-Onik-Mustafiz-Mashrafe

T201: Same team as played in Nidhahas Trophy Final only replace Soummya with Ash

These should be our current teams based on performance.

what has ash done to replace Soumya in T20?

Tausif
April 3, 2018, 11:00 PM
Test: Tamim, Liton, Mominul, Mushy, Shakib, Riyad, Mosaddek, Miraz, Taijul, Fizz, Shahid
Bench: Shanto, Imrul, Roy, Nayeem

ODI: Tamim, Anamul, Mominul, Mushy, Shakib, Riyad, Sabbir, Miraz, Mash, Fizz, Rubel
Bench: Soumya, Liton, Onik, Afif

T20: Tamim, Liton, Shakib, Mushy, Sabbir, Riyad, Miraz, Fizz, Rubel, Rony, Apu
Bench: Zakir, Afif, Ariful, Rahi

Have your core performers in the XI and groom the youngsters with potential. Shanto, Afif, Zakir, Onik, Nayeem etc. should be around our seniors to learn from them as well as from the coaches/consultants.

Rinathq
April 4, 2018, 12:50 AM
Test:
Core team:
Tamim, Liton, Mominul, Mushy, Shakib, Miraz, Taijul, Fizz, Roy
Others:
Riyad, Tushar, Shahid, Nafees, Naeem, Abu Jayed

ODI
Core:
Tamim, Shakib, RIyad, Mushy, Mash, Fizz, Rubel
Others:
Shanto, Liton, Soumya, Miraz, Anik, Reza, Afif, Arafat

T20
Core:
Tamim, Shakib, Riyad, Mushy, Fizz, Sabbir
Others:
Nazmul Islam, Abu Jayed, Mithun, Liton, Saifuddin, Miraz, Ariful, Abu Hider, Anamul

Jadukor
April 4, 2018, 01:05 AM
Rinathq are you feeling well? Leaving Ryad out of tests? Lol

Rinathq
April 4, 2018, 01:13 AM
Rinathq are you feeling well? Leaving Ryad out of tests? Lol

Didnt leave him out.. Just dont think he is an auto selection based on his performance. Right now he makes the team and as long as he can develop some consistency, he can stay. But certainly not a core for this format at the moment

anon4567
April 4, 2018, 04:27 AM
Tushar Imran
Hannan Sarkar
Junaid Siddique
Sir Ash
Habibul Bashar (c)
Rajin Saleh
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
Enamul Haqur Jr.
Syed Rasel
Tapash Baisya

One World
April 4, 2018, 09:38 AM
what has ash done to replace Soumya in T20?

Both are Eid-innings type players. Ash has better chance of scoring ton when on song.

Ash won International T20 for us, Soummya did not rather lost one.

Ash is a better bowler as a part-timer also a better fielder based on performance.

Night_wolf
April 4, 2018, 10:37 AM
Both are Eid-innings type players. Ash has better chance of scoring ton when on song.

Ash won International T20 for us, Soummya did not rather lost one.

Ash is a better bowler as a part-timer also a better fielder based on performance.

what? a buira ash is a better fielder than sharkar? your fanboy got way to exposed now for me to take this seriously anymore

One World
April 4, 2018, 10:45 AM
Oops, I missed Fazle Mahmud.

He deserves a chance in ODIs beside Naeem/Nurul

Tigers_eye
April 4, 2018, 11:05 AM
what has ash done to replace Soumya in T20?1964'a ek ta T20 Eid innings khelsilo against WI. Riding on that one still. :)

One World
April 4, 2018, 11:12 AM
With due respect, members who continuously troll about player age (not specifically a certain player) in general, please show some restraint.

We should not be cocky about our age either. We all have our personal belief systems to resort to find an answer to that.

Tigers_eye
April 4, 2018, 11:15 AM
What timing: Sarkar cracks 158 (127) 9x4, 11x6.

His highest list A score to date.

Gowza
April 6, 2018, 12:09 AM
Current one-day top 7 should probably be:

1 tamim
2 liton
3 sarkar
4 shanto
5 mushy
6 shakib
7 nurul/sabbir

Top order positions could be swapped around depending on what works better.

Rinathq
April 6, 2018, 01:58 AM

1 tamim
2 liton
3 sarkar
4 shanto
5 mushy
6 shakib
7 nurul/sabbir

You may hate Riyad, but surely you know better then this! On an given day, Riyad is a better candidate then Sarkar, Nurul, Sabbir in this lineup. Shanto is also totally unproven so even he doesnt make the "Current" list.

Rinathq
April 6, 2018, 01:59 AM
Heard Mash said, he doesnt want Shanto to be rushed in the international scene. I agree with him. He is doing great, but no need to rush him and turn him into another Bijoy. Send him in the next A tour and then gradually introduce him in home fixtures

Gowza
April 6, 2018, 02:05 AM
You may hate Riyad, but surely you know better then this! On an given day, Riyad is a better candidate then Sarkar, Nurul, Sabbir in this lineup. Shanto is also totally unproven so even he doesnt make the "Current" list.

Trying to build a team for the WC. This sort of mentality is why the selectors always fall back on the excuse of no option for so and so because no one else has experience.

I don’t hate riyad, don’t know where that came from.

Gowza
April 6, 2018, 02:09 AM
Heard Mash said, he doesnt want Shanto to be rushed in the international scene. I agree with him. He is doing great, but no need to rush him and turn him into another Bijoy. Send him in the next A tour and then gradually introduce him in home fixtures

He did well on the last A tour, he does well in FC cricket, he’s one of the top performers in the DPL which includes 4 centuries and he should be held back?

As said above, trying to build a team for the World Cup, these guys need to be given experience at the international level to be anywhere near close to ready which is why I listed a lot of younger players because they need experience so the WC cup squad can be the strongest it can be.

Rinathq
April 6, 2018, 02:13 AM
Trying to build a team for the WC. This sort of mentality is why the selectors always fall back on the excuse of no option for so and so because no one else has experience.

you are trying to build a squad for the WC by axing one of the permanent players in the side? I thought Riyad is about 31-32 not 38!

Rinathq
April 6, 2018, 02:17 AM

you are trying to build a squad for the WC by axing one of the permanent players who also happens to be the top performing batsmen in the last world cup and CT? I thought Riyad is about 31-32 not 38!
Statistically, He averaged over 50 with the highest SR in the team last year. He should be the first name in the next WC list! Thats where "hate" came from

Gowza
April 6, 2018, 02:19 AM
you are trying to build a squad for the WC by axing one of the permanent players who also happens to be the top performing batsmen in the last world cup and CT? I thought Riyad is about 31-32 not 38!
Statistically, He averaged over 50 with the highest SR in the team last year. He should be the first name in the next WC list!

Who said anything about axing him? He can still be in he WC squad, doesn’t mean he has to play every match of every series leading up to the WC.

Rinathq
April 6, 2018, 02:25 AM
Who said anything about axing him? He can still be in he WC squad, doesn’t mean he has to play every match of every series leading up to the WC.

I thought u were trying to build a squad for the next WC. Why would you experiment with a spot thats taken by a proven performer? Contradictory much? Or do you just wanna shuffle and bring new players for the sake of it?

Gowza
April 6, 2018, 02:27 AM
I thought u were trying to build a squad for the next WC. Why would you experiment with a spot thats taken by a proven performer? Contradictory much? Or do you just wanna shuffle and bring new players for the sake of it?

To give enough players enough experience so they are ready for the WC.

A proven performer already has enough experience.

Rinathq
April 6, 2018, 02:31 AM
disagree with that... For me, Tamim-Shakib-Riyad-Mushy-Mash-Fizz.... we shouldnt have to experiment with these positions. We need to find an opener, another finisher and a couple of bowlers right now. Thats more then enough to worry about for the next 2 years.

Gowza
April 6, 2018, 02:38 AM
disagree with that... For me, Tamim-Shakib-Riyad-Mushy-Mash-Fizz.... we shouldnt have to experiment with these positions. We need to find an opener, another finisher and a couple of bowlers right now. Thats more then enough to worry about for the next 2 years.

What if they get injured? Or are having a baby during the tournament or a family member becomes ill or decide to take a break from the game? Back ups need experience.

You are certainly entitled to disagree, no qualms here.

Tiger Manc
April 7, 2018, 03:29 AM
ODI Squad

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Liton
4. Imrul
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiqur
7. Riyad
8. Sabbir
9. Mosaddek
10. Mehidy
11. Mashrafe
12. Taskin
13. Abu Hider
14. Rubel
15. Mustafizur

In reserves I would have Nazmul Hossain and Nurul Hasan.

tanvir_nus
April 7, 2018, 06:27 AM
ODI
1) Tamim
2) Liton/ Anamul depending on form. But we need a right hander here.
3) Shakib
4) Mushfique
5) Mahmudullah
6) Shabbir
7) Ashraful - Crucial, I think we need his experience for WC 2019. Get him in and I think we can win the WC. In a non important position as well so he can settle in.
8) Nayeem Hasan - Again, I think if we can add him in the squad this will bring a lot of unpredictability and fear in opposition. I also feel this guy is supremely talented.
9) Mashrafe
10) Rubel
11) Mustafizur

This will be a world cup winning squad.

Yankees
April 7, 2018, 11:48 AM

1 tamim
2 liton
3 sarkar
4 shanto
5 mushy
6 shakib
7 nurul/sabbir

I like this lineup. I would also go with:

1. Tam
2. Liton
3. Shanto
4. Mushy
5. Shakib
6. Moss
7. Nurul (wk)

Roey Haque
April 7, 2018, 08:21 PM
Player combinations won't help. Culture needs to change. Get rid of the demon Rahim. Be on the right side.

One World
April 9, 2018, 09:14 AM
Culture is quite important but definitely combination with leadership can go extra miles.

Mash captaincy with Riad's resurgence in WC is stellar example.