March 30, 2018, 10:29 AM
Papon needs to get on the phone now!
I second that!

roman
March 30, 2018, 10:44 AM
BCB may say if Zim can fire Streak, why would we hire him

aklemalp
March 30, 2018, 10:47 AM
Expect Taylor and the others to follow suit. (Aka retire)

Tigers_eye
March 30, 2018, 10:58 AM
Expect Taylor and the others to follow suit. (Aka retire)
lol, Taylor is the captain now. :) Replacing Creamer.

Yankees
March 30, 2018, 11:17 AM

good point. I wouldnt put it past those idiots.

al Furqaan
March 30, 2018, 11:39 AM
We should put in offers for both Streak and Lehmann.

Eshen
March 30, 2018, 11:52 AM
^^It should be considered a blasphemy to say the name of a gentleman like Streak in the same breath as Lehmann.

aklemalp
March 30, 2018, 11:55 AM
lol, Taylor is the captain now. :) Replacing Creamer.

Should have been Raza

NoName
March 30, 2018, 11:55 AM
Lehman is a racist and won't ever live in BD

Eshen
March 30, 2018, 11:57 AM
^^Yep, the guy has too much thug pride

godzilla
March 30, 2018, 12:12 PM
This had to be the most stupidest thing Zim management did so far. They had a bad game against uae, but overall did well throughout the tournament.

Good news for us I suppose if we can streak back

Lalshabuj
March 30, 2018, 12:56 PM

That's exactly what these clowns will be doing and thinking. I heard Stuart Law wanted to come back to BD if West Indies didn't qualify. Then "some people" in the BCB started leaking out that "West Indies ke jodi WC e qualify koraite na pare, tahle Law ke hire korbo keno amra." This was according to a report on Prothom Alo last month. So take it for what it is. These clowns even let Phil Simmons walk out the building twice on the same day, after he interviewed in December. Morons! Ugh.:facepalm:

bujhee kom
March 30, 2018, 01:46 PM
If an employee quits his/her job of his/her own free will, why should the employer have to act eager to approach them again (at the convenience of the quitter, since now he is fired from another job or all of sudden has no job)?? Why? Is there any guarantee that the candidate who quit before will accept an offer from BCB? Why would BCB take that risk to jeopardize their stand as an institution by approaching Streak or Law and be the 'beggar'? Why?

Streak and Law, both left Bangladesh team on their own will. No matter how good they (Streak and law) are as coach, I know, we all know that there is no shortage of cricket coaches in this world. BCB failing to hire or find a coach for the national team is a different issue or problem all together.

My opinion is, if they want their old job back - I mean who previously quit the organization - let them come to/ reach out to BCB. And if I was BCB, maybe I would reevaluate and consider them, at my own, new term, OR I will say 'thank you, but no thank you, good luck to you.'

These coaches are not charity workers, they get paid extremely well. A sport team's success and betterment is important, and nobody denies the coach's contribution or influence in that. But temporary-short term 'success' or winning in this true case, by having good coaches, is not going to sustain true improvement, upward curve or betterment of Bangladesh cricket. BCB, BKSP, HP Unit, cricket development, ministry of youth and sport, the authorities need to be strong, not spineless and have at least some kind of standard of ethic to operate, run the system. Or else it is like, 'ohh I wish all the 8-9 great cricket teams start to suck, and all their good players retire, age or kick the cans - and then we will sneak in and with our lame-hass mediocre team and win all the tests, ODIs and the world cup for a few years (while there is NO competition, i.e. the others are down) Ohh joy... what a great achievement that would be.'

kalpurush
March 30, 2018, 02:03 PM
If an employee quits his/her job on his/her own will, why should the employer have to act eager to approach them again (at the convenience of the quitter, since now he is fired from another job or all of sudden has no job)?? Why? Is there any guarantee that the candidate who quit before will accept an offer from BCB? Why would BCB take that risk to jeopardize their stand as an institution by approaching Streak or Law? Streak and Law, both left Bangladesh team on their own will. No matter how good they (Streak and law) are as coach, I know, we all know that there is no shortage of cricket coaches in this world. BCB failing to hire or find a coach for the national team is a different issue or problem with BCB.

My opinion is, if they want their old job back, let them come to/ reach out to BCB. And if I was BCB, maybe I would reevaluate and consider them, at my own, new term, OR I will say 'thank you, but no thank you, good luck to you.'

These coaches are not charity workers, they get paid extremely well. A sport team's success and betterment is important, and nobody denies the coach's contribution or influence in that. But temporary-short term 'success' or winning in this true case, by having good coaches, is not going to sustain true improvement, upward curve or betterment of Bangladesh cricket. BCB, BKSP, HP Unit, cricket development, ministry of youth and sport, the authority need to be strong and have at least some kind of standard of ethic and operation to run the system. Or else it is like, 'ohh I wish all the 8-9 great cricket teams start to suck, and all their good players retire, age and we will sneak in and with our mediocre team and win all the test, ODIS and the world cup for a few years, Ohh what a great achievement that would be.'

Some good valid points made by dear bujhi besji bhai. :up:

Though, I like Streak, I tend to go with Javed here for the same reasons ^^^ :)

Fazal
March 30, 2018, 02:25 PM
And my opinion?

I dont have a damn opnion... just get us a permanent coach....lula khora boba..kala shada... lonba baitta...mota shukna.... I don't care as long as he start moving the team in the right direction and provide us hope of better futire.

iDumb
March 30, 2018, 02:27 PM
While bk has good points .. if an employee was very vital to an organization he can be approached back . Not all are McDonald's jobs and needs to be evaluated with clear thoughts . Steve jobs was let go from Apple but he was re approached by Apple again when the company was about to go bankrupt . And look what he did .turned the company into the most valued company in the world . This is an extreme example but there are thousands of examples at other low levels .

Talent are poached left right at tech companies . No body thinks about these "book lessons" on employer employee relationships .

If streak is a right fit for our team and we need a bowling coach ..he can be approached if all of a sudden he is available. Nothing wrong with that

iDumb
March 30, 2018, 02:33 PM
^having said that Walsh should not be fired to accommodate him imo. But either can be delegated to other levels of agrees. Streak influence may be over exaggerated. And I don't particularly like the idea of two bowling coach running the team .

Bcb should cont to explore other options

nightwatchman
March 30, 2018, 03:47 PM
Why can’t we ever try a Bangladeshi coach like Salahuddin?
I know we are not professional and don’t have coaches who can teach strategies and footwork at this stage but at least can keep our prmadonnas in check...
These BD coaches at least won’t leave the country for other jobs

Roey Haque
March 30, 2018, 05:46 PM
we want Streak...we want Streak...we want Streak...we want Streak...we want Streak...we want Streak

Yankees
March 30, 2018, 07:20 PM
^^ looks like Roey is streaking again.

DinRaat.
March 30, 2018, 07:22 PM
Trying our best to win back our ex.

aklemalp
March 30, 2018, 07:23 PM
Trying our best to win back our ex.

Ex-bowling coach to be exact.

Fazal
April 6, 2018, 05:49 PM
Streak is a damaged good now. He shouldn't have jumped the ship for Zim job.

brockley
April 6, 2018, 06:25 PM
https://www.theindependent.co.zw/2018/04/06/zimbabwe-cricket-board-brink/
Moves 2 sack the board.

Max100
April 6, 2018, 10:49 PM
streak should be our main coach, if not bowling coach

Rinathq
April 7, 2018, 01:47 AM
I dont see BCB going after Streak..... specially since they have no plans to get rid of Walsh. But yea ideally he should be our head coach plus bowling coach. With Kirsten helping, we would just need a proper fielding coach and a spin consultant.

Rifat
April 7, 2018, 09:33 AM
He deserves much much better than that.

RazabQ
April 8, 2018, 12:46 PM
wow Zim Board now accusing the guy of racism. That is just not right. From every account he has been a standup guy and a patriot.

al Furqaan
April 8, 2018, 01:41 PM
ZC are imploding now. There are calls for a rival board to be set up. First time thats happened. Thats the only way ZIM can actually move forward.