PDA

View Full Version : 100 Ball/Fast-Food Cricket: Are you ready?

One World
April 20, 2018, 09:06 AM
Since 20 over cricket involves total 120 deliveries this seems obsolete long version for today's digital crowd and fans.

So ECB to the rescue again, curtailing 4 overs and adding a 10 delivery over in the end.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23243551/ecb-propose-100-ball-competition

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23249618/fast-food-cricket-coming-whether-or-not

aklemalp
April 20, 2018, 09:13 AM
The radicals have 'arrived'

Tigers_eye
April 20, 2018, 04:40 PM
What's the difference between 120 balls and 100 balls innings with 11 batting? Why not make it 8 a side to help the batsmen even more?

Tigers_eye
April 20, 2018, 04:41 PM
Better yet, 6 hitting derby, make it a game. Russell - Gayle contest. Who needs bowlers? Make the machine bowl long hops.

Yankees
April 20, 2018, 05:17 PM
hmm I dont care enough about T20 to be bothered by this. But for those who enjoy T20, would you watch this?

Yankees
April 20, 2018, 05:19 PM
What's the difference between 120 balls and 100 balls innings with 11 batting? Why not make it 8 a side to help the batsmen even more?

The difference is that 100 balls would be 40 minutes less and fit within a 3 hour window, which would convince BBC to air it and Brits can watch it free on TV.

It's actually not a bad idea if it gets people watching cricket again. Cricket's popularity in England is declining fast.

Jadukor
April 20, 2018, 06:50 PM
hmm I dont care enough about T20 to be bothered by this. But for those who enjoy T20, would you watch this?
Looks like ECB was inspired by your radical ideas:lol:

Roey Haque
April 20, 2018, 08:09 PM
I think T20 is the best. 3 hours of good cricket fits nicely into one's schedule. And there are good and bad bowlers in T20, it's not a batsman's game. Also, even the best batsman can hurt the team if they take too long to settle in T20. So it is completely fair. Add to that, every little chance or opportunity is magnified. T20 is perfecto!

Many things need to change in cricket, but not T20.

godzilla
April 20, 2018, 09:30 PM
As if that 3.2 additional over makes the game so much longer ... Literally a difference of 15min

aklemalp
April 20, 2018, 10:06 PM
So after the year 2020, T20 cricket will die, and this new format will fill that void.

Meanwhile, ODIs and Tests will still be thriving.

You got something good; don't mess it up. Like the way they did in that period in the noughts...the era of 'super-subs'.

So, on topic: the last over, yeah the same one with the 10 balls in it, let the keeper bowl it...just for exhibition sake.

DinRaat.
April 20, 2018, 10:39 PM
What a garbage idea, no wonder Britain has lost its empire.

Yankees
April 21, 2018, 01:14 AM
Looks like ECB was inspired by your radical ideas:lol:

:lol: They should just hire me. Clearly our values are aligned.

Roni_uk
April 21, 2018, 06:00 AM
they are butchering the cricket!!

T10
T15
T20
T100

what more?

Yankees
April 21, 2018, 06:27 AM
As if that 3.2 additional over makes the game so much longer ... Literally a difference of 15min

well it's 3.2 extra overs per side. So we are really lookking at 30 minutes. Add the time it takes to change ends and field placements, that gets stretched to 40 minutes. BBC could easily slot a sitcom in that time frame.

DinRaat.
April 21, 2018, 06:29 AM
well it's 3.2 extra overs per side. So we are really lookking at 30 minutes. Add the time it takes to change ends and field placements, that gets stretched to 40-45 minutes. BBC could easily slot a sitcom in that time frame.

Downton Abbey, is the correct term I believe.

adamnsu
April 21, 2018, 06:56 AM
Arro kotto ki dekbo? How many more versions of the shorter formats will we see?

There was a tournament that came before t20. It had zones, so if a player hit through that zone they would get more points. Was kind of fun.

Ask there was a strange format in Pakistan where there would only be 2 batsman.

DinRaat.
April 21, 2018, 07:07 AM
T5 is by far the worst, of the lot.

aklemalp
April 21, 2018, 07:14 AM
Ask there was a strange format in Pakistan where there would only be 2 batsman.

It wasn't strange. I remembered playing it. This was before T20 was ever concieved of.

It was called 'Double wicket'.

Shadow
April 21, 2018, 07:18 AM

You can't have T5. It has to be F5. Though it sounds weird. It goes like this T20: Twenty-20, T-10: Ten-10.

On a different note, if they really think of truncating the overs they can do with 15 overs. Making a bowler ball 10 deliveries for the last over just to make the number 100 sounds farcical.

DinRaat.
April 21, 2018, 07:20 AM
You can't have T5. It has to be F5. Though it sounds weird. It goes like this T20: Twenty-20, T-10: Ten-10.

On a different note, if they really think of truncating the overs they can do with 15 overs. Making a bowler ball 10 deliveries for the last over just to make the number 100 sounds farcical.

Oh sorry, T6, Hong Kong Super Sixes, god that was a joke of a tournament.

Yankees
April 21, 2018, 07:47 AM
why so much negativity? T20 has neither the history nor the tradition of the other 2 formats. If there is one arena to experiment, it's this one. I for one can't wait to see how many pacers injure themselves bowling the 10-ball over.

Also, the world doesn't need another T20 league. Would rather see something different. If fans are itching for T20 games in August, they can tune into SLPL Lankan Premier League. By 2020, that might fold again and be renamed Sinhalese Premier League Ram Slam Global T20 Blast.

godzilla
April 21, 2018, 01:29 PM
well it's 3.2 extra overs per side. So we are really lookking at 30 minutes. Add the time it takes to change ends and field placements, that gets stretched to 40 minutes. BBC could easily slot a sitcom in that time frame.
Well if it ain't broke, why try to break it? If anything, they should fix the god damn test match. Useless format for this generation.

adamnsu
April 21, 2018, 10:53 PM
It wasn't strange. I remembered playing it. This was before T20 was ever concieved of.

It was called 'Double wicket'.

It was strange to me and I guess many others as it didn’t take off and wasn’t popular

aklemalp
April 22, 2018, 06:39 AM
It was strange to me and I guess many others as it didn’t take off and wasn’t popular

It was more of an exhibition rather than something to take seriously. You wouldn't find the puritans loving this.

Instead, the puritans created T20 cricket.
The same puritans are responsible for this new 'fast food' cricket that is the subject of this thread.

aklemalp
April 22, 2018, 06:41 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Puritans also created double wicket.

godzilla
April 23, 2018, 09:20 AM

Isn't that gully cricket 😂

aklemalp
April 23, 2018, 09:25 AM
There's six-a-side five-over cricket.

roman
April 24, 2018, 09:11 AM
Just kill this game. Like T20 wasnt enough

Roey Haque
April 24, 2018, 10:21 PM
Promote more T20, slowly phase off test and ODI. I do love ODIs though. But even that is tough to watch every ball start to finish. A game should be watched end to end, and the viewer must be entertained at any point of the game when he switches on the TV or turns on the stream, or whatever.

Americanize cricket completely. Make it prime time EST. Have pre and post match press conferences every game. Use the DRS automatically on every close call, so no appeal is needed. The verdict will come down by itself. We all know when an appeal should be made anyway, why make the bowlers do it.

Let's see, what else. I think two subs should be allowed in the second innings, I mean why not. So much unnecessary selection drama. A team must be allowed to adjust after the first innings, so they can put themselves in the best position to win the game. And have as many premier talents on display while they are doing it, so good for the crowd also. We do not want to be stuck with a guy who provides no value. If a guy is in the team, we want to know why he was there, succeed or fail.

aklemalp
April 25, 2018, 12:18 PM
Nothing comes close to test cricket.

Find a different sport to satiate your poor attention span...like dice, or coin toss, or marbles.

Lol

Roey Haque
April 25, 2018, 05:23 PM
Test cricket is a waste of time and money. I hope ICC decommissions this loss leader pretty soon.

#PutTesttoRest

Yankees
April 25, 2018, 06:03 PM
Test cricket is the best. 6 hours of work, five days at a time. That's like a work week for most of us. Finally, athletes I can relate to!

Plus, there's this midget in the office, I call him the..... short leg.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6zXDo4dL7SU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DinRaat.
April 25, 2018, 08:09 PM
Test cricket is like women, alot of waiting but nothing exciting happens.

Rifat
April 25, 2018, 09:28 PM
Test cricket is like women, alot of waiting but nothing exciting happens.

Not true. Timing is everything ;). You have to take charge.