PDA

View Full Version : World CUp 2019 Schedule released

iDumb
April 25, 2018, 09:05 AM
http://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F1144345_900x2250 .png&w=1140&cquality=40

let's start planning :)

aklemalp
April 25, 2018, 09:13 AM
The Win-Afg game on July 4th is gonna be a cracker!

roman
April 25, 2018, 09:16 AM
Will try to watch 7/2 and 7/5 games from the stadium.

mufi_02
April 25, 2018, 09:48 AM
I didn't knew about this format. So all 10 teams play against each other?

Group stage runs from May 30th to July 4th. 45 days of group stages. That's way too long.

or am I missing something

iDumb
April 25, 2018, 09:52 AM
I didn't knew about this format. So all 10 teams play against each other?

Group stage runs from May 30th to July 4th. 45 days of group stages. That's way too long.

or am I missing something

you are not missing anything. I don't like this format either. It's way too long. My prefered format is group of 4... creates group of death.. is more fun following. Gives more chances to weaker teams.

This format is good for making money.

roman bhai was thinking the same, either first 3 games or last 2 games make sense for someone flying to watch...

hopefully this thread serves as the reminder for anythng wc related.. ie tickets sale, schedule change, etc.

aklemalp
April 25, 2018, 09:53 AM
They're following 1992 WC format.

Hope all the teams have matching uniforms

iDumb
April 25, 2018, 09:55 AM
each team plays 9 games in group stage lol where as you could have won the wc playng 6 games only before.

Tausif
April 25, 2018, 10:01 AM
This seems more like a league than a cup. Regardless, will try to plan my Europe trip around WC time and attend Ban vs Ind and Ban vs Pak as well as the final.

mufi_02
April 25, 2018, 10:28 AM
^this totally feels like a league.

do a 2nd leg with 18 games and it can get interesting. in that case, I won't mind having such league once every 2 years.

the top 10 teams will be the premier league. the next 10 (zim, Ireland, Scotland, etc.) can make tier 2 league. and relegation/promotion between the 2 leagues.

that will give great relevance to games like BD/Afg etc..

godzilla
April 25, 2018, 11:16 AM
If we have to play 9 games, can't see our guys playing semi's. Considering only senior players are stepping up most off the time (win or loose), it's not happening.

Night_wolf
April 25, 2018, 11:30 AM
I am feeling bored just looking at the schedule

al Furqaan
April 25, 2018, 12:17 PM
Its a good format IMO, apart from there not being any Associates. But a 12 team WC wouldn't have been that much longer.

1) With 9 games spread out over 5 weeks, you can't win by a fluke, or even just with home advantage. Previous world cups, all you needed was to win 3 knockouts to lift the Cup. 2015, 2011 world cups could have just been won on a fluke. 2007, 2003, 1999 were better formats with a Super 6/8 stage before the knockouts which makes it more challenging. In this format, the team that consistently plays well will win. You can almost rule out Pakistan who fluked the Champions Trophy last year with basically just 2 big wins (SL were in poor form and SA are known chokers).

2) The tournament will be cut throat. Every win will be critical and I am predicting at least 1 team to miss out progression due to net run rate.

3) We are playing 3 games in London, but hopefully we got lots of UK Bangladeshis into the ground for all 9 games.

With this format, a team will need 6 wins to qualify for the semis. 5 only if they are extremely lucky. Looking at our present form, we don't stand a chance to qualify.

But we really need to beat Afghanistan, West Indies, Sri Lanka, and I'd love to beat Pakistan just to hush up their fans who have been unbearably obnoxious after their fluke CT win. A win against any of the other top 5 sides would be a bonus.

MarufH
April 25, 2018, 01:55 PM
I agree ^. We will . get plenty of matches against everyone! I am so excited!!! :goal:

Night_wolf
April 25, 2018, 02:08 PM
Its a good format IMO, apart from there not being any Associates. But a 12 team WC wouldn't have been that much longer.

1) With 9 games spread out over 5 weeks, you can't win by a fluke, or even just with home advantage. Previous world cups, all you needed was to win 3 knockouts to lift the Cup. 2015, 2011 world cups could have just been won on a fluke. 2007, 2003, 1999 were better formats with a Super 6/8 stage before the knockouts which makes it more challenging. In this format, the team that consistently plays well will win. You can almost rule out Pakistan who fluked the Champions Trophy last year with basically just 2 big wins (SL were in poor form and SA are known chokers).

2) The tournament will be cut throat. Every win will be critical and I am predicting at least 1 team to miss out progression due to net run rate.

3) We are playing 3 games in London, but hopefully we got lots of UK Bangladeshis into the ground for all 9 games.

With this format, a team will need 6 wins to qualify for the semis. 5 only if they are extremely lucky. Looking at our present form, we don't stand a chance to qualify.

But we really need to beat Afghanistan, West Indies, Sri Lanka, and I'd love to beat Pakistan just to hush up their fans who have been unbearably obnoxious after their fluke CT win. A win against any of the other top 5 sides would be a bonus.

well Kenya went on to the semi with 2 creditable wins only in the 2003 format so your argument is kinda contradictory isnt it? although kenya did have that no show NZ match to help them, anyway age akta fluke CT jiti amra tarpor na hoy r keu fluke vabe jitse bola jabe taina

Night_wolf
April 25, 2018, 02:37 PM
Lol most of the games are day games, day games in England means day-night games in the sub con..9 games so that cash cow can be milked, games happening in the perfect timezone of cash cow. talk about being a sell out icc :lol:

Ajfar
April 25, 2018, 02:44 PM
@iDumb/Roman bhai, please keep me in loop if you guys make any decision. As long as it falls after Ramadan, I’m down to go.

Rifat
April 25, 2018, 02:58 PM
@iDumb/Roman bhai, please keep me in loop if you guys make any decision. As long as it falls after Ramadan, I’m down to go.

I am down too :)

Rifat
April 25, 2018, 03:00 PM
Goal: win at least 6 games in group stages. show no complacency...that's the key. I like this format.

roman
April 25, 2018, 03:43 PM

I am down too :)

Wonderful. In sha Allah we can plan out something

mufi_02
April 25, 2018, 04:05 PM
I want to go too but bhoy lage. Eto taka khoroch kore jabo pore dekhbo 75 all out.

I’m auctioning myself if any sylethi brothrers are interested to let me stay and eat at their place in London or Birmingham.

al Furqaan
April 25, 2018, 07:14 PM
well Kenya went on to the semi with 2 creditable wins only in the 2003 format so your argument is kinda contradictory isnt it? although kenya did have that no show NZ match to help them, anyway age akta fluke CT jiti amra tarpor na hoy r keu fluke vabe jitse bola jabe taina

Well Kenya were fake semifinalists in 2003.

As for PAK last year, I'm just calling it how it is.

Yankees
April 25, 2018, 07:23 PM
i hate this format. What little chance we had has been completely shut. No way we win 6 games to get to the Knockout round. In the 2015 format, 6 wins total would have been enough to win the whole thing.

This tournament is heavily favored for India and England imo. Knowing eng, I give the edge to india.

Night_wolf
April 25, 2018, 08:20 PM

trump will be proud!

fake semifinalist..fluke CT win...lol..where are our fake wins and fluke titles..please I will take a fake one

kalpurush
April 25, 2018, 08:36 PM
let's start planning :)

BCB already has ...

Playing T20s with the Afghans E-)

aklemalp
April 25, 2018, 08:41 PM
Prediction: Alex Hales will make at least 1400 runs in this tournament.

tiger1000
April 26, 2018, 08:45 AM

Pakistan just chucked their way to the title

R0ssei
April 26, 2018, 08:47 AM
There may be a fight over the 4th spot assuming IND, ENG & SA will be the top 3 teams.

AUS may suffer in batting if Warner & Smith don't come back or not match ready. Their bowling unit struggles with injury as well. Although PAK is playing good LOI cricket, they will always be inconsistent, fighting with board and hence unpredictable. That opens up opportunities for NZ and BAN provided BAN beats WI, SL & AFG in the first place.

I know it's a far-fetched dream.

roman
April 26, 2018, 08:53 AM
NZ in ICC events is a different team. They have performed consistently well over the past few ICC events. My top 4 teams are England, India, New Zealand and South Africa. Australia/Pakistan can squeeze in if South Africa chokes.

But I want my Bangladesh to lift the cup :D

DinRaat.
April 26, 2018, 07:00 PM
Lol, another easy show for Australia, we will hopefully win this.

NoName
April 26, 2018, 10:04 PM
Lol we will end the tournament with matches vs Pak and India b2b

The internet won't be prepared :lol:

Night_wolf
April 27, 2018, 01:19 AM
Lol we will end the tournament with matches vs Pak and India b2b

The internet won't be prepared :lol:

its a good thing for me in this long tournament, wont be watching it after june 24

Night_wolf
April 27, 2018, 01:21 AM
Hey just saw that we have a match in cardiff!!! we are undefeated there so far! and we play England in cardiff! hattrick of wins vs them in the WCs?..after defeating Aus and NZ in cardiff lets conquer their mother country!

Yankees
April 27, 2018, 02:20 AM
We will win 3 games.

Lose to SA, then defeat our bunnies NZ and Eng. Once the fans back home start dreaming of WC victory, we will lose thee next five (including loss to AFG). Finally, we will defeat Pakistan to prevent them from reaching the semis.

Boys come home to a heroes welcome! Hasina gives everyone a plot of land from tax payers coffers. Isam spins some bs about how BD should not be taken lightly. End scene.

Tiger Manc
April 30, 2018, 12:19 PM
Not a single game in the north!?!? *****!!

Afghans have got 3 games in the north

Hassan61
May 3, 2018, 01:23 AM
Well i think Pak ftp will help them a little as right before worldcup Pak will play 5 ODIs and 1 t20 in england in May. They might get an oppertunity to test things before worldcup.

iDumb
May 30, 2018, 10:11 AM
For those of you who want to get world cup tickets. This is the info. It seems to me it will be relatively easier to obtain tickets for cricket than other major events ie football lol

There are 3 phases:

Phase 1:
Family Ballot: Ends June 1st. (lottery system)

The name is confusing and when u read about it you are under the impression only ppl associated with cricket can apply here. That's not true. Anyone can apply. You have to register here:

https://www.icc-cricket.com/cricket-world-cup/tickets-about

Shortly they will email you with a link to register you username and that will take you to the ticket portal.

For BD vs Pak and BD vs Ind it shows mid demand meaning chances are pretty high if you apply you will be allocated the tickets.

Phase 2:Public Ballot. Starts in July (lottery system).
Anyone can apply. No need to do that silly family ballot registration. People who don't match for games in Family ballot will be entered for here.

Phase 3: First Come First Server (starts semptember)
- Basically you grab any tickets that is available and buy on the spot.

Unlike Fifa, they do not allow you request to sit together if you purchase tickets separately. So if you want to sit together you have to know who you gonna go with and how many tickets. That's the rate limiting factor.

Good luck.

MohammedC
May 31, 2018, 12:37 PM
Just applied for 4 matches. Not including India and Pakistan matches. Ticket price for India match is bit too high. £70 minimum and £235 maximum.

One World
May 31, 2018, 01:33 PM
Pak in Eng is always profitable for ECB