May 11-15 v Ireland (only Test) @The village, Malahide, Dublin

May 19-20 v Leicestershire @Grace Road, Leicester

May 24-28 v England (test 1) @Lord's, London
June 1-5 v England (Test 2) @Headingley, Leeds

June 12 v Scotland (1st T20I) @GCCG Edinburgh
June 12 v Scotland (2nd T20I) @GCCG Edinburgh

Tigers_eye
April 28, 2018, 09:46 AM
I am very interested to see how Ireland starts their Test journey. They have some veterans and that should help. This should be huge deal for them.

Night_wolf
April 28, 2018, 10:36 AM
I am very interested to see how Ireland starts their Test journey. They have some veterans and that should help. This should be huge deal for them.

90% probability is it'll be a washout draw

aklemalp
April 28, 2018, 11:00 AM
If it's on WillowTV, it will be my first time watching a team play their first test.

Missed out on Bangladesh's inaugural because of lack of coverage.

aklemalp
April 29, 2018, 04:44 PM
Pakistan bowled out for 168 against Kent.

That tells the story of things to come?

Tigers_eye
April 30, 2018, 05:00 PM
90% probability is it'll be a washout draw
Dang, the practice match got washed out. :(

aklemalp
May 5, 2018, 01:44 PM
Asad Shafiq is feasting on Northamptonshire's bowling...an unbeaten 135.
Earlier Shadab took a 6-wicket haul...Pakistan are prepping up good .

Donal C
May 10, 2018, 02:05 PM
Tomorrow is gonna be a day of such emotion it'll be difficult to describe for any posters here. I dont expect us to be competitive, hell the forecast for the first two days is bad (last 3 days is good thankfully) but just to know this is even happening makes me so happy and proud of what has been an outstanding generation of cricketers.

If anybody wants to come close to even grasping the significance of this game not just to the current players, but the hundreds who came before who never ever had the chance we do today, I'll just leave this picture

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc125D4WsAA5ovC.jpg:large

And our Test kit is absolutely gorgeous too if I do say so myself.

tejkuni
May 10, 2018, 09:02 PM
Tomorrow is gonna be a day of such emotion it'll be difficult to describe for any posters here. I dont expect us to be competitive, hell the forecast for the first two days is bad (last 3 days is good thankfully) but just to know this is even happening makes me so happy and proud of what has been an outstanding generation of cricketers.

If anybody wants to come close to even grasping the significance of this game not just to the current players, but the hundreds who came before who never ever had the chance we do today, I'll just leave this picture

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc125D4WsAA5ovC.jpg:large

And our Test kit is absolutely gorgeous too if I do say so myself.

Best wishes for Ireland. Hopefully we will see an Ireland-Bangladesh Test Match soon.

aklemalp
May 10, 2018, 10:17 PM
A special occasion for Donal and his Ireland team. Glad that we have Ireland as a test nation :)

All the best :up:

Will be tuning in

Night_wolf
May 10, 2018, 11:21 PM
is this will be the first time in a country's test debut where not all 11 players are having their test debut?

Night_wolf
May 10, 2018, 11:22 PM
and what a story for Ed Joyce, left Ireland to play tests and by twist of fate having his test debut for Ireland :lol:

Firebreaker
May 11, 2018, 03:45 AM
What a bad weather it’s in Ireland. I remember last year too when Bangladesh and NZ were playing in a tri series most of the matches were wash outs

khanali
May 11, 2018, 05:02 AM
Pakistan I Think Easily Won This Match, There Are Many Posible Chances Ran Start During The Match :P You Can Also Watch Ireland VS Pakistan Highlights At https://highlightsguru.com/pakistan-vs-ireland-1st-test-day-1-highlights-may-11-2018/

aklemalp
May 11, 2018, 06:12 AM
Pakistan I Think Easily Won This Match, There Are Many Posible Chances Ran Start During The Match :P You Can Also Watch Ireland VS Pakistan Highlights At https://highlightsguru.com/pakistan-vs-ireland-1st-test-day-1-highlights-may-11-2018/
Nahhh, Ireland all the way.

Looks like no play will take place on the first day, which leaves it to a four-day test-- Ireland are more comfortable with that...enough to trash your team ;)

DinRaat.
May 11, 2018, 07:45 AM
Nahhh, Ireland all the way.

Looks like no play will take place on the first day, which leaves it to a four-day test-- Ireland are more comfortable with that...enough to trash your team ;)

Did I tell that it would be HUGE UPSET if WI manage to beat Afghanistan?

aklemalp
May 11, 2018, 07:59 AM
Did I tell that it would be HUGE UPSET if WI manage to beat Afghanistan?

Stick to the topic. Or else I'll report you.

One World
May 11, 2018, 09:03 AM
I just want to know what happens to ranking table if Pak absorbs some humiliation like an innings defeat or something :lol:

Will we be upgraded one position above? :fanflag:

RazabQ
May 12, 2018, 04:58 AM
Historic moment! Oireland with its first Test. Irish hearts must be swelling be pride!

RazabQ
May 12, 2018, 05:00 AM
Bit disappointing - First test and empty seats galore! I remember BNS was chock full on our debut.

al Furqaan
May 12, 2018, 05:11 AM
link???

RazabQ
May 12, 2018, 05:22 AM
google it brah

Night_wolf
May 12, 2018, 05:34 AM
Ireland makes test debut and 10 Irish players make test debut. this has to be the first time not all the players are making their test debut in their country's test debut

Night_wolf
May 12, 2018, 05:36 AM
I think Rankin becomes the first player in history to play Test, ODI and T20I for 2 different countries

khanali
May 12, 2018, 05:39 AM
Soo Test Day 2 Start Pakistan Lost His Wicket 1 At 13 Runs, Whats Happen NEXT :p
You Can Also Watch Day 2 Highlights Between Pakistan Vs Ireland :
https://highlightsguru.com/category/cricket-highlights/

khanali
May 12, 2018, 05:41 AM
Soo Test Day 2 Start Pakistan Lost His Wicket 1 At 13 Runs, Whats Happen NEXT :p
You Can Also Watch Day 2 Highlights Between Pakistan Vs Ireland :
https://highlightsguru.com/category/cricket-highlights/

Tigers_eye
May 12, 2018, 06:01 AM
Pak lost a 2nd wicket with 15 on board. :)

Tigers_eye
May 12, 2018, 06:02 AM
Asad and Haris took it to 22/2.

Night_wolf
May 12, 2018, 06:07 AM
only two players have SR over 50 in tests in this pakistan lineup..this truly is a test team and they are showcasing it on the field

Tigers_eye
May 12, 2018, 06:10 AM
Pak 30/2 after 16 overs.

Tigers_eye
May 12, 2018, 06:12 AM
only two players have SR over 50 in tests in this pakistan lineup..this truly is a test team and they are showcasing it on the field

The match is already cut down to 3.5 days. putuputu cricket may not bring result.

Donal C
May 12, 2018, 06:17 AM
Test debut

Stunning day

Nearly all 6000 tickets sold

Pakistan under pressure.

Ed Joyce finally recognised as a Test cricketer.

https://media.giphy.com/media/2rtQMJvhzOnRe/giphy.gif

aklemalp
May 12, 2018, 09:58 AM
Looks like Pakistan are gonna be happy with 250

aklemalp
May 12, 2018, 10:48 AM
Shadab and Faheem Ashraf doing a fine job for the 7th wicket

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 07:32 AM
Ireland tottering at 5/3, replying to Pakistan 310/9 declared

Shubho
May 13, 2018, 07:53 AM
Occasion getting to the Irish...

Yankees
May 13, 2018, 08:06 AM
I think Rankin becomes the first player in history to play Test, ODI and T20I for 2 different countries

Rankin can also now claim test wickets for 2 different countries. Incredible!

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 08:07 AM
So Rankin is the modern-day Kepler Wessels.

He played for both Australia and South Africa.

Night_wolf
May 13, 2018, 08:11 AM
Rankin can also now claim test wickets for 2 different countries. Incredible!

actually he can now claim he took wickets for 2 different countries in test,ODI and T20I

Only player in the history of cricket to do so, Bravo!!!

Night_wolf
May 13, 2018, 08:13 AM
So Rankin is the modern-day Kepler Wessels.

He played for both Australia and South Africa.

only in tests and ODI, not in T20

Night_wolf
May 13, 2018, 08:14 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/2rtQMJvhzOnRe/giphy.gif

Donal did you see Ireland's batting in future??

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 08:19 AM
only in tests and ODI, not in T20

Well if there was T20 in Wessels' time, I'm sure he would have played.

We are talking about the formats that were/are available for both these players.

Night_wolf
May 13, 2018, 08:21 AM
Well if there was T20 in Wessels' time, I'm sure he would have played.

We are talking about the formats that were/are available for both these players.

record book will show rankin is the only player to play test,ODI and T20I for 2 different country.

They wont put an asterix and say Kepler could not play as at that time there was no T20

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 08:23 AM
record book will show rankin is the only player to play test,ODI and T20I for 2 different country.

They wont put an asterix and say Kepler could not play as at that time there was not T20

Hence my point, that he us a modern day Kepler Wessels.

Who knows, that Boyd may be better by some other soul in the next decade who will be the only one to play four formats( England's new 100 ball format)

:lol:

The future looks bleak :D

Night_wolf
May 13, 2018, 08:27 AM
Hence my point, that he us a modern day Kepler Wessels.

Who knows, that Boyd may be better by some other soul in the next decade who will be the only one to play four formats( England's new 100 ball format)

:lol:

The future looks bleak :D

what happens if rankin plays great in test matches? can England poach him again?

who knows, you might not have to look that far in the future to see who is the guy who played 4 formats of cricket for 2 countries..our man rankin could be the guy :lol:

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 08:53 AM
what happens if rankin plays great in test matches? can England poach him again?

who knows, you might not have to look that far in the future to see who is the guy who played 4 formats of cricket for 2 countries..our man rankin could be the guy :lol:

But he's too ordinary of a bowler to be considered. ..

England is already looking to poach Jofra Archer, and maybe finding replacements for Anderson and Broad.

Back to the cricket, Ireland are in deep trouble at 61/5

Kevin O'Brien battling like Tormund Giantsbane in the middle

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 08:59 AM
Shadab strikes twice..

It's now 63/7

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 09:24 AM
Oh boy, 8th down for Ireland

Rifat_02
May 13, 2018, 10:30 AM
Welcome to test cricket Ireland, but too many old players in the team, test status came too little too late me thinks

Night_wolf
May 13, 2018, 10:46 AM
Welcome to test cricket Ireland, but too many old players in the team, test status came too little too late me thinks

yeah..came too early for us and too late for IRE, it came at the perfect time for AFG

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 10:51 AM
A brave fightback to avoid the follow on by this last wicket pair.

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 11:04 AM
Enforcement of the follow-on.

Some folks of Cricinfo wanted them to not to so that their batsmen get some 'practice' for the 'bigger' picture: tests against England.

Night_wolf
May 13, 2018, 11:08 AM
England is already looking to poach Jofra Archer, and maybe finding replacements for Anderson and Broad.

Saw in cricinfo that he needs to wait for 7 years to qualify for england tat means he can play for England in 2022/2023. This is just absurd.

I cant get the qualification process for england. First half of rankin's representation for Ireland ended at "19 Sep 2012" then he started to play for England in "3 Sep 2013". Had to wait one freaking year in comparison to archer's 7. Rankin then last played for England at "17 Jan 2014" and started to represent Ireland again on "14 Feb 2016"..2 years!!

From 19 Sep 2012 to 14 feb 2016 [বাংলা]in just 3.5 years[/বাংলা] this guy represented Ireland than quit Ireland and Represented England then got kicked out from England team and Started to represent Ireland again!!

are you kidding me? why is the rule so lenient for him?

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 01:46 PM
Saw in cricinfo that he needs to wait for 7 years to qualify for england tat means he can play for England in 2022/2023. This is just absurd.

I cant get the qualification process for england. First half of rankin's representation for Ireland ended at "19 Sep 2012" then he started to play for England in "3 Sep 2013". Had to wait one freaking year in comparison to archer's 7. Rankin then last played for England at "17 Jan 2014" and started to represent Ireland again on "14 Feb 2016"..2 years!!

From 19 Sep 2012 to 14 feb 2016 [বাংলা]in just 3.5 years[/বাংলা] this guy represented Ireland than quit Ireland and Represented England then got kicked out from England team and Started to represent Ireland again!!

I haven't looked into this much. But Archer is interested in playing England instead of the Windies (financially, makes sense ).

I think because of the Irishmen's close proximity to the Englishmen, they got first choice and dibs on the poaching process. /s

Now, I think Donal can shed some light and provide us with some more in depth information concerning this.

I'm just a layman just as you are.

aklemalp
May 13, 2018, 01:49 PM
A couple of drop catches in the slip cordon, Azhar Ali the culprit could cost Pakistan the match. This is looking like it'll be a drawn game.

Amir was pulled out of the attack halfway through his 4th over..

Donal C
May 13, 2018, 02:25 PM
An excellent recovery and some pride restored after the first innings shambles. I still doubt we'll make Pakistan bat again, but it would be amazing if we could manage that, would be some achievement.

Its like the anti Bangladesh debut, horror first innings, maybe better fortune the 2nd?

Donal C
May 13, 2018, 02:29 PM

The rule isnt lenient. Its to do with him being from NI, therefore having access to English and Irish passport, plus the ECB's own eligibility rules.

Rankin holds a UK and Irish passport, and the ECB back then regarded all Irish players as "homegrown". Hence why he could retire from Ireland and play for England the next day. The ICC eligibility rules were changed at some period around 2014 IIRC, which reduced the waiting period for an ex FM cricketer to play for an Associate to 2 years instead of the previous 4.

Archer's case is to do with the fact that the ECB have a 4 year residency period waiting time which is of their own volition. Jofra holds a UK passport IIRC so if the ECB wanted to they could call him up tomorrow, but they simply donw want to alter their criteria to suit own guy. Hence why Archer would have to relocate to the UK for several years before being eligible for selection. It has nothing to do with the ICC or Rankin or anybody else, its purely down to the ECB's own rules.

Night_wolf
May 13, 2018, 02:57 PM
The rule isnt lenient. Its to do with him being from NI, therefore having access to English and Irish passport, plus the ECB's own eligibility rules.

Rankin holds a UK and Irish passport, and the ECB back then regarded all Irish players as "homegrown". Hence why he could retire from Ireland and play for England the next day. The ICC eligibility rules were changed at some period around 2014 IIRC, which reduced the waiting period for an ex FM cricketer to play for an Associate to 2 years instead of the previous 4.

Archer's case is to do with the fact that the ECB have a 4 year residency period waiting time which is of their own volition. Jofra holds a UK passport IIRC so if the ECB wanted to they could call him up tomorrow, but they simply donw want to alter their criteria to suit own guy. Hence why Archer would have to relocate to the UK for several years before being eligible for selection. It has nothing to do with the ICC or Rankin or anybody else, its purely down to the ECB's own rules.

so confusing. I wish Eng would just stop poaching other countries' players

Shadow
May 14, 2018, 06:12 AM
Mohammad Abbas has got 4 lbws.

aklemalp
May 14, 2018, 11:06 AM
The fightback from Ireland is noteworthy

Rifat
May 14, 2018, 11:07 AM
Well played Thompson :clap: his first International test fifty that too at a very crucial match.

I want Bangladesh Ireland Test match in Ireland...

Night_wolf
May 14, 2018, 11:10 AM
if Ireland can score 80 more anything can happen..especially with pak batting

Rifat
May 14, 2018, 11:11 AM
if Ireland can score 80 more anything can happen..especially with pak batting

Job not yet done for Ireland. they need at least 175+ run lead if possible...

aklemalp
May 14, 2018, 11:11 AM
100 partnership up.

Pakistan desperately needs a wicket or two

aklemalp
May 14, 2018, 11:13 AM
Ireland has shown great resolve after the drop catches by Pakistan.

This match could have been long over by now.

My coach always says:
"Catches win matches."

aklemalp
May 14, 2018, 11:29 AM
The partnership finally broken

aklemalp
May 14, 2018, 11:45 AM
KOB into the 90s

aklemalp
May 14, 2018, 12:17 PM
Kevin O'Brien writes his name into the history books.

Ireland's 1st test centurion.

NoName
May 14, 2018, 12:37 PM
KOB is the Irish Aminul Islam

horizon
May 14, 2018, 12:43 PM
Job not yet done for Ireland. they need at least 175+ run lead if possible...

Won't probably be enough. The pitch is better now. They will need rain gods too. There's a rain forecast tomorrow.

Donal C
May 14, 2018, 12:47 PM
Someone kill me.

I refuse to believe that what I have witnessed today is real

ahnaf
May 14, 2018, 12:48 PM
Donal must be super happy.

Edit : well. looks like i am late to the party.

ToBeFair
May 14, 2018, 01:01 PM
IRE has a very good chance to win this match. And I believe they will, because IRE is not BD.

As for Pakistan, I did not understand how they enforced follow on when they were leading first innings by less than 199 (or may be I am ignorant about follow on rules). But irrespective of the rules, it was a mistake for Pakistan to not bat again.

aklemalp
May 14, 2018, 01:11 PM
As for Pakistan, I did not understand how they enforced follow on when they were leading first innings by less than 199 (or may be I am ignorant about follow on rules).

Law 14.1.2

A 4 or 3-day test(after 1st day abandoned without toss) - follow-on is 150
A 2-day test- follow-on is 100
A 1-day test- follow-on is 75

R0ssei
May 14, 2018, 01:13 PM
IRE has a very good chance to win this match. And I believe they will, because IRE is not BD.

As for Pakistan, I did not understand how they enforced follow on when they were leading first innings by less than 199 (or may be I am ignorant about follow on rules). But irrespective of the rules, it was a mistake for Pakistan to not bat again.

I think since the 1st day was washed of due to rain, the match is officially a 4-day test. So, the follow-on criteria changed from 200-run lead to 150-run lead for the first team (PAK).

RazabQ
May 14, 2018, 03:53 PM
Another 50 odd run and maybe an Irish sized upset in the cards. If that happens, the Guinness will flow freely. Well played KoB!!!

Firebreaker
May 14, 2018, 08:01 PM
I wonder who will win a Test between Bangladesh and Ireland in Ireland. Ireland usually perform well but once they are expected to do well, they fail so I think Bangladesh will win the match

Yankees
May 15, 2018, 01:09 AM
What a performance from O'Brian! If Ireland somehow manages to win, would that hurt Pak fans worse than 2007?

Night_wolf
May 15, 2018, 07:02 AM
This might come down to 10-20 runs! what a comeback from Ireland! great debut from their golden generation

aklemalp
May 15, 2018, 07:15 AM
Rain might save Pakistan from defeat and embarrassment

One World
May 15, 2018, 08:43 AM
Bangladesh should invite Ireland for an only test series right after Eidul Fitr before the Windies tour and
try the bench strength as much possible.

khanali
May 15, 2018, 10:11 AM
Finally, Pakistan Win This Test, You Can Watch All Matches Highlights @
https://thecrickethighlights.com/category/cricket-highlights/

bujhee kom
May 15, 2018, 10:13 AM
Finally, Pakistan Win This Test, You Can Watch All Matches Highlights @
https://thecrickethighlights.com/category/cricket-highlights/

Thank you, Khan Ali bhai, for the link.

aklemalp
May 15, 2018, 10:36 AM
Good debut from Ireland.

Good job from Pakistan to make a regulation win turn to a paltry one.

Not impressive

Kob MOM

bujhee kom
May 15, 2018, 11:47 AM
So Ireland harilo...Pakistan jitilo.

anon4567
May 15, 2018, 05:57 PM
Bangladesh should invite Ireland for an only test series right after Eidul Fitr before the Windies tour and
try the bench strength as much possible.

Or play the game at Ireland taking a detour on the road to the Windies tour. Having previously been the new kid in the block ourselves and getting bullied by the "Cool kids" in the recent past (Still getting bullied by Australia), at least we should stand up for teams like Ireland, Scotland, Afghanistan, PNG, Nepal, etc.

aklemalp
May 16, 2018, 07:58 AM
http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F1146577_900x964. png&w=750&cquality=40

Night_wolf
May 16, 2018, 08:07 AM
dont think KOB was notout

khanali
May 16, 2018, 08:08 AM
What a Winning By Pakistan Cricket Team Hope You Enjoy This ;)
Pakistan vs Ireland 1st Test Day 5 Highlights (https://highlightsguru.com/pakistan-vs-ireland-1st-test-day-5-highlights-may-15-2018/)

aklemalp
May 16, 2018, 08:10 AM
dont think KOB was notout

Was probably from the penultimate day. The writers of the article probably didn't update it.

aklemalp
May 16, 2018, 08:11 AM
What a Winning By Pakistan Cricket Team Hope You Enjoy This ;)
Pakistan vs Ireland 1st Test Day 5 Highlights (https://highlightsguru.com/pakistan-vs-ireland-1st-test-day-5-highlights-may-15-2018/)

Okay, ...

Night_wolf
May 16, 2018, 08:14 AM
So the last 3 debuting test playing nations had one centurion each..off to Afg now

aklemalp
May 16, 2018, 08:20 AM
So the last 3 debuting test playing nations had one centurion each..off to Afg now

Can you make out that emblem/logo/patch on Aminul's helmet? And its significance...

Rifat
May 16, 2018, 10:46 PM
Very impressive debut from Ireland nonetheless. And well played Pakistan thoroughly enjoyable and competitive good spirited cricket that was

Fazal
May 24, 2018, 12:50 PM
1st TEST Day 1: Belongs to Pakistan.

This PAK team is young but very talented. And looks like they are well coached.

Fazal
May 25, 2018, 04:35 PM
1st Test Day 2: Belongs to Pakistan.

Too many missed opportunity by England helped Pakistan to increase the lead.

Jadukor
May 25, 2018, 04:38 PM
Akhon ki apple watch dia spot fixing kortese pakistanira?

Fazal
May 29, 2018, 09:20 AM
wow... this young PK team man handled ENG in 1st TEST.

Are they that good? Or suddenly ENG that bad?

How come we cannot hire any decent coach for so long and (kind of) dysfunctional PCB can hire Mickey?

Gowza
May 29, 2018, 09:35 AM
I think England need to find the talents and bring them up, they've got young batsmen like Lawrence and joe Clarke who in the longer format are pretty consistent and very young but still quite experienced. Joe root was brought in at about 23 and he flourished and the current batting line up hadn't been working, they haven't found anyone.

Heck they could bring in ten doeschate, can't be any worse than the current lot (wonder if he's eligible or not for England).

aklemalp
June 1, 2018, 08:01 AM
Pakistan are tottering at 78/6

aklemalp
June 1, 2018, 09:15 AM
Shadab about to score 3 half centuries in consecutive matches.

He's currently on 48*

Tausif
June 1, 2018, 09:33 AM
Shadab is really good

Fazal
June 1, 2018, 04:11 PM
TEST 2: Day 1 Belong to England.

Mistake by PAK after winning the toss? It will be hard for PAK to come back to the game.

aklemalp
June 2, 2018, 10:43 AM
This Dom Bess is a good batsman

aklemalp
June 2, 2018, 11:09 AM
Amir strikes straight after tea.

Dawid Malan the batsman out

Local boy Johnny Bairstow comes in

200-4

The lead for England is only 26. They need a big partnership here.

aklemalp
June 3, 2018, 09:05 AM
Pakistan on the verge of an innings defeat