PDA

View Full Version : Australia cancel hosting Bangladesh later this year

Vahroone
May 9, 2018, 07:27 AM
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23448922/australia-cancel-hosting-bangladesh-later-year

Pity. They were supposed to tour Zimbabwe and host Bangladesh and now neither of the series are going through.

Donal C
May 9, 2018, 09:01 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/dgbg.gif

roman
May 9, 2018, 09:08 AM
Good Job, Why waste time playing a team like BD. Proud of the Aussies

DinRaat.
May 9, 2018, 09:23 AM
Good Job, Why waste time playing a team like BD. Proud of the Aussies

BD is not financially viable or feasible, other than a few hundred expats and me of course. Who would go to watch them?

DinRaat.
May 9, 2018, 09:25 AM
Just a kind reminder before the BD army invade this thread.

Australia WC wins 5 , Tri Series wins = alot(too lazy to search up stats), Semi Finals/Finals = many times Dancing Wicket Keeper = 0

Bangladesh WC wins 0 , Tri Series wins = 0 Semi Finals/Finals = 0 Dancing WicketKeeper = 1

aklemalp
May 9, 2018, 09:41 AM
Just a kind reminder before the BD army invade this thread.

Australia WC wins 5 , Tri Series wins = alot(too lazy to search up stats), Semi Finals/Finals = many times Dancing Wicket Keeper = 1

Bangladesh WC wins 0 , Tri Series wins = 0 Semi Finals/Finals = 0 Dancing WicketKeeper = 1

FTFY

http://im.rediff.com/cricket/2013/may/15gilly2.jpg

:)

Max100
May 9, 2018, 09:42 AM
how about invite them in BD and beat them convincingly. they are not the same team anymore. if we have a good team selection, we can win

DinRaat.
May 9, 2018, 09:48 AM
how about invite them in BD and beat them convincingly. they are not the same team anymore. if we have a good team selection, we can win

That's cute.

https://tenor.com/view/you-serious-spiderman-gif-7178438

DinRaat.
May 9, 2018, 09:51 AM
If Australia do come to BD, I just want to see Tamim Iqbal score a hundred. If he does that, you guys should see that as a successful tournament.

His 96 against Australia, was one of the best knocks I have ever witnessed from a Bangladeshi, it takes real character to pull something like that off, when everyone around you is collapsing, this is why for me Tamim Iqbal will always, well and truly be one step above, all the other Bangladeshi players

roman
May 9, 2018, 09:54 AM

They were suppose to tour us last year I think, but they have cancelled the tour as well. The reason was security

Night_wolf
May 9, 2018, 10:11 AM
lets not give some people the pleasure they are seeking here

RazabQ
May 9, 2018, 10:20 AM
What goes around comes around. Aussie board thinks we are not worth it - let's keep that in mind when the Tigers are more of an attraction.

kalpurush
May 9, 2018, 10:47 AM
BD is not financially viable or feasible, other than a few hundred expats and me of course. Who would go to watch them?

Fox, Trump & Friends!

Krishna
May 9, 2018, 10:56 AM

with

Fox, Trump & Friends!

With.

CNN Hillary & Friends

Nayadiganta Jamat & Friends

BTV Awamilig & friends

Shadow
May 9, 2018, 11:30 AM
It was on the cards, just got officially confirmed now.

Forget about International matches, what about A team tours ? The last HP tour doesn't count as they played against a team made of U19 players.

al Furqaan
May 9, 2018, 12:17 PM
Fair play. Wait to be drawn in an away series vs Australia in 2030 or so and become the first Asian side to win a Test series in AUS.

For now, invite them to BD and beat them 2-0 this time!

Tigers_eye
May 9, 2018, 02:15 PM

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/11143/scorecard/1104284/bangladesh-vs-australia-1st-test-bdesh-v-aus-2017/

Test # 2272.

Night_wolf
May 9, 2018, 06:39 PM
Fair play. Wait to be drawn in an away series vs Australia in 2030 or so and become the first Asian side to win a Test series in AUS.

For now, invite them to BD and beat them 2-0 this time!

2030? lol more like 3020

DinRaat.
May 9, 2018, 07:10 PM
lol 3020, the Hasina-Turnbull trophy.

cricket_king
May 9, 2018, 08:17 PM
Disappointing, would've actually headed to northern territory to watch them.

anon4567
May 9, 2018, 09:50 PM
I had previously mistaken to think Cricket Australia was any different from BCCI, when in reality they are equally spineless. All they care about is the $$$. This greed for dollar has even touched the land of the 'fair-go'.

The main reason they cancelled the tour was because they can't televise it? What a load of BS.

anon4567
May 9, 2018, 10:02 PM
If they had allowed broadcasting rights for free, SBS could have showed the matches. Goes to show only thing CA cares about is making hundreds of millions from international tours, if you can't cross that mark p*ss off to the country you came from.

I have never seen a board be this spineless and disrespectful, openly admitting that we don't bring enough money to the table hence we can't play with them in their backyard.

Rinathq
May 9, 2018, 10:36 PM
This tour was never gonna happen. Hope BCB steps up and fills the void with a short series. And we will answer CA next year

anon4567
May 9, 2018, 10:45 PM
^ I was going to suggest playing against Ireland, as they have a relatively free schedule and we can really use some test wins (or test matches) at this stage.

Rifat_02
May 10, 2018, 01:29 AM
All those good performances and series wins last few years mean zilch, these Aussies still think Bangladesh team is in 2003 era, to put things in perspective we got more Australian tours in 2000s when Bangladesh team was poor.

And why don't Australia tour Bangladesh instead for an ODI series?? It's been 7 years since they last played an ODI in Bangladesh and it's ridiculous, is that not financially viable now for BD?

bujhee kom
May 10, 2018, 12:40 PM
Australia ekta Beyadop. Trump phone rekhe diye bhaloi korechilo.
Ami amder Netri-ke advice dibo, next time uni jokhon aus-der leader-er sathey kotha bole, jatey uni shomoi nai boley phone-ta ekebarey mookher upor rekhe dei!

Shalok, Bangalir sathe Gaddari?! Asoon, ekta BC-te ekta strike-Hortaal kori...ektu bhang-choor kori...

BTW the meaning of Hortaal is not 'Riot'~..It is 'strike'...There is a very clear and distinctive difference between calling a Strike and starting a Riot. A Riot has no moral cause, it is 'most' often between ethnicity, sect or religious followers acting on the emotion of 'revenge' and counter.
A strike is a political call to boycott regular order of business, school etc. as a response to an 'authority' when the 'authority' is found to be unfair and uncompromising to a otherwise legit request. Yes, a strike can get violent, but by no means it is a 'riot'. People who lived through historical riots have nightmares of events that they lived through. Riots are Hindu-Muslim riots of Bengal, Gujrat, Shiat-Sunni riots in Karachi, Black and Whites riots in Johannesburg, Detroit, Newark and the Bronx!

adamnsu
May 10, 2018, 12:43 PM
First their players cheat and now cancelling tours. Screw you Australia!

godzilla
May 10, 2018, 01:38 PM
Isn't it sad that a whole generation of players will never tour AUS at this rate? Likes of Shakib and co has been playing for decades yet will never get to play an international match there.

Yankees
May 10, 2018, 02:50 PM
When historians write about the extinction of test cricket, probably titled "test cricket - death by a 1000 cuts" this will be one of the chapters. oh well, let's move on. What does our schedule look like now?

Yankees
May 10, 2018, 02:56 PM
I really think Bangladesh should be an early mover here, and just stop playing test cricket.

Funnel all that FC cricket money into List A, ODIs, T20s, and The Hundred! format.
Inevitably, there will be a Hundred ball world cup, and we should put ourselves in a position to win it. And we need a domestic T20 competition. Get rid of NCL and have a two-level T20 league.

godzilla
May 10, 2018, 04:14 PM
I really think Bangladesh should be an early mover here, and just stop playing test cricket.

Funnel all that FC cricket money into List A, ODIs, T20s, and The Hundred! format.
Inevitably, there will be a Hundred ball world cup, and we should put ourselves in a position to win it. And we need a domestic T20 competition. Get rid of NCL and have a two-level T20 league.

I would support that 100%. Test cricket has never been my cup of tea. It's long, boring, maybe you get 5h of intensity out of the whole 40h. Scratch that, odi is the new test, T20 is the new ODI and soon, most likely 100 ball or ten-ten will replace t20.

bujhee kom
May 10, 2018, 04:58 PM
Apnara je jai bolun na keno...Eta ami kuno bhabei mene nite parchi naa!
Eto ekebare amar Meye-er bier ashor theke Jamai udhao-er obostha! Amar , I mean apnader, I mean BCB ebong shara Bangladesh-er cricket premi-der maan Izzat-er upor Hamla!

Mone rakhish aus, er ekdin protishodh nibo! Toder oi Maait Mait look it's a poisonous Snaaik-er chouddo gushthi kilai.

mishu
May 10, 2018, 07:15 PM
So future of cricket will be pretty much Australia playing New Zealand and England. India divide in four part and they play each other... till the sport dies out loll

Night_wolf
May 10, 2018, 09:55 PM
Isn't it sad that a whole generation of players will never tour AUS at this rate? Likes of Shakib and co has been playing for decades yet will never get to play an international match there.

they already played a world cup there

bujhee kom
May 11, 2018, 06:03 AM
We should invite the Aus Indigenous Team to BD for a series.

Jadukor
May 11, 2018, 11:39 PM
Australia touring Bangladesh would be an exciting prospect. With the condition of our current pace attack, i think this is a blessing in disguise. We already had a horrible SA tour so no need to see a repeat.

brockley
May 12, 2018, 12:54 AM
Their going to be a T20 series in Oz as a repacement.

Of course the test series cut is awful.Even if tv and cable ignored showing the series.They could stream on the CA website or on radio ABC.Or streamed on Radio by Sen or ABC.

horizon
May 12, 2018, 08:07 AM
The future of cricket is more T20s. See Bangladesh is playing Afghanistan T20, but no Tests on the horizon. At most, there could be ODIs.

I understand it doesn't go well with the fans. But this is the reality.

NoName
May 12, 2018, 02:10 PM
We should just reject their dumb offer

tiger1000
May 12, 2018, 04:00 PM
Test cricket is still the best

Roey Haque
May 12, 2018, 07:23 PM
Good. No team should invite Bd unless they remove the lame character Rahim from the locker room.

aklemalp
May 12, 2018, 07:32 PM
Good. No team should invite Bd unless they remove the lame character Rahim from the locker room.

But he's just a "plant", as you mentioned in the satirical thread.

It's like whackamole...if you remove the plant, you gotta go up the hierarchy.

One World
May 15, 2018, 08:45 AM
There will most probably NO BPL also.
No coach
Minimized/Canceled tour
Long gaps
No BPL

pretty much sums up how inept our Board is

anon4567
May 15, 2018, 07:10 PM

We have immature idiots, they have cheats. I say its fair play.

aklemalp
May 15, 2018, 07:25 PM

:applause::floor::floor:

5tonne
May 15, 2018, 08:41 PM

Ashraful says Hello.

Tigers_eye
May 16, 2018, 08:27 AM
So future of cricket will be pretty much Australia playing New Zealand and England. India divide in four part and they play each other... till the sport dies out loll
Add South Africa to it for some breadcrumb series here and there and that what basically comes down to. no lol.