PDA

View Full Version : Is Doctoring a Pitch Considered as Match-Fixing?

aklemalp
May 29, 2018, 07:10 PM
And by doctoring, I reference the 2015 Nagpur Test

It was a fifth day wicket on the 1st day of play.

Share thoughts and opinions.

Sorry, I don't want to include a poll.

Naimul_Hd
May 29, 2018, 10:19 PM
If a pitch curator deliberately alters condition of the pitch during ongoing test match then YES. If i am not mistaken, ICC match officials should ensure that curator does not do something which may alter pitch condition. Curator has to follow match official's instructions once a match starts.

horizon
May 30, 2018, 02:23 AM
If a pitch curator deliberately alters condition of the pitch during ongoing test match then YES. If i am not mistaken, ICC match officials should ensure that curator does not do something which may alter pitch condition. Curator has to follow match official's instructions once a match starts.

The above-mentioned Test pitch didn't get altered when the match was on.

On the other hand, we should forfeit toss to solve this issue.

zura
May 30, 2018, 04:01 AM
Forfeiting toss is the worst idea ever. You will then just see dead pitches which don't change much throughout the game.

bujhee kom
May 30, 2018, 05:04 AM
If doctoring the teeth is teeth-fixing...then yes.

Shadow
May 30, 2018, 06:55 AM
And by doctoring, I reference the 2015 Nagpur Test

It was a fifth day wicket on the 1st day of play.

Share thoughts and opinions.

Sorry, I don't want to include a poll.

If the pitches favor heavily towards either batting or bowling, they will get demerit points. We have seen that recently.
Deliberately doctoring the pitch to control the number of days the game will last may be considered fixing.

Fazal
May 30, 2018, 11:39 AM
.... in a way YES as you are tying to influence the result of the game.

Both are kobira guna.

bujhee kom
May 30, 2018, 12:14 PM
.... in a way YES as you are tying to influence the result of the game.

Both are kobira guna.

Mama, by both, do you mean pitch-fixing and Teeth-fixing?
Taar maane ki Dentist-er kache aar jabu naa? Dentist Haraam? Abong ekjun Dentist Iblish Sheitan-er arekti roop?

Taratari bolun amake...Ami koob songsoi-ye pre gechi...Amar ganjavitas hoye geche...Mookh theke koob baaje ekta gondhu ber hoi - Manoos-er sathe kota bolle manoos mookh firiye nei...bebechilum ek saitanist dentist-er kache jabu!

Fazal
May 30, 2018, 12:25 PM
BK Bhai.....rojayee dhorse.... ek thread-er comment ar-ek thred-e kemney ashlo?

... and yes don't go to the dentist.... instead eat chewing gum and buy a breath freshner.

... aaar haddi khaben na..... apnar shath shath ta biral-ke haddi diben.