PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan's Inaugural Test vs India- June 14th to 18th 2018| Bengaluru

aklemalp
May 30, 2018, 05:47 PM
M.Chinnaswamy Stadium about to witness history yet again.

Afghanistan have packed four spinners into their squad.
No Wridhiman Saha. Most likely my boy Lokesh Rahul will perform the keeping duties. Test triple-centurion, Karun Nair makes a return to the national team

India Squad
Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara, Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay, Lokesh Rahul, Karun Nair, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Hardik Pandya, Ishant Sharma, Shardul Thakur,

Afghanistan Squad
Asghar Stanikzai, Mohammad Shahzad, Javed Ahmadi, Ihsanullah Janat, Rahmat Shah, Nasir Jamal, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Afsar Zazai, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Zahir Khan, Amir Hamza, Sayed Shirzad, Yamin Ahmadzai, Wafadar, Mujeeb Ur Rahman,

Gowza
May 30, 2018, 05:54 PM
4 proper spinners in Afghanistan squad not including Nabi and they've still got the young leggy qais ahmed waiting to come up to the national team. Their main pace bowler is injured though and batting I think is a bit suspect.

Donal C
May 31, 2018, 06:08 AM
I think its quite telling that while Ireland arranged a 3 day county game and two 2 day intra squad practice games ahead of our Test, Afghanistan are opting for three t20 internationals....

aklemalp
June 2, 2018, 11:16 AM
It looks like Dinesh Karthik will be the keeper for India in this match.

They have kicked out Parthiv Patel yet again

Yankees
June 2, 2018, 09:29 PM
I think its quite telling that while Ireland arranged a 3 day county game and two 2 day intra squad practice games ahead of our Test, Afghanistan are opting for three t20 internationals....

what's telling about it? AFG isn't in any position to turn down international games, regardless of format.

5tonne
June 3, 2018, 09:11 AM
Do we think their first test should have been against Bangladesh rather than India? The contest would have been closer.

aklemalp
June 3, 2018, 01:24 PM
Don't know why Afghanistan didn't add Shapoor Zadran in this squad. He bowled well in the latter part of his spell today.

But then again, the pitch will most likely be a spinning one for this match.

Donal C
June 3, 2018, 05:01 PM
what's telling about it? AFG isn't in any position to turn down international games, regardless of format.

Because IMO if they want to be ideally prepared for a Test they should be getting red ball practice in

Don't know why Afghanistan didn't add Shapoor Zadran in this squad. He bowled well in the latter part of his spell today.

But then again, the pitch will most likely be a spinning one for this match.

Zadran is garbage. Only plays due to nepotism IMO. Even today went at 10 an over, Ireland regularly smash him around as well.

MarufH
June 13, 2018, 11:36 PM
I'm proud of this team. They have players in this bunch that started off at devision 5! What an achievement.

al Furqaan
June 13, 2018, 11:55 PM
Afghan seamers look fairly good. Wafadar bowling up to 89 mph!

al Furqaan
June 14, 2018, 12:17 AM
Rashid's first over goes for 13.

Nabi 3 overs for 21.

Will Mujeeb do well in his first spell???

Shaan
June 14, 2018, 12:58 AM
these Afghan spinners are good for T20 but not for Test, they look as if they are in hurry like T20.

Shaan
June 14, 2018, 01:00 AM
on contrary Dawan playing t20 in test here, taking on AFghan spinners!

Gowza
June 14, 2018, 01:06 AM
Hopefully Afghans come back strong after lunch

Rifat_02
June 14, 2018, 01:08 AM
Afghanistan getting mauled here

adamnsu
June 14, 2018, 02:14 AM
Why is it there are no Indian trolls during a India match without Bangladesh than there is when Bangladesh plays against anyone?

cricman
June 14, 2018, 02:15 AM
we treated this Rashid Khan like Murali

horizon
June 14, 2018, 02:16 AM
Why is it there are no Indian trolls during a India match without Bangladesh than there is when Bangladesh plays against anyone?

They are probably busy in Afghan forums :)

Awla
June 14, 2018, 02:31 AM
any streaming link?

Shaan
June 14, 2018, 02:38 AM
we treated this Rashid Khan like Murali

that is t20i, you don’t have time to settle down unlike in test. you have plenty of time wasting good deliveries. Rashid is good in t20👍

Shaan
June 14, 2018, 02:39 AM
india will win this by innings with huge run.

adamnsu
June 14, 2018, 02:54 AM
They are probably busy in Afghan forums :)

You might be right lol. But I thought they would set up camp at Pkpassion where support for Afghanistan is more.

dolcevita
June 14, 2018, 02:57 AM
that is t20i, you don’t have time to settle down unlike in test. you have plenty of time wasting good deliveries. Rashid is good in t20👍

The truth is that most bangladeshi batsmen are terrible, most notably against spin.

Shaan
June 14, 2018, 03:03 AM
The truth is that most bangladeshi batsmen are terrible, most notably against spin.

yes I agree with you, our players play with so much predetermination, they barely use commonsense while bating. But as saying Rashid is really good in T"20.

Shaan
June 14, 2018, 03:05 AM
funny Rashid and Mujeeb economy rate here in test seems more like T20 figure where in t20 the total opposite :)

Shadow
June 14, 2018, 03:08 AM
Rashid bowls mostly googlies and occasionally leg breaks. The Indian players played him smartly.

Rinan
June 14, 2018, 05:39 AM
This test will be finished by day 2.

Gowza
June 14, 2018, 06:34 AM
Surprising that the pacers are the ones with the wickets. I'm still confident mujeeb and rashid will adjust to this format.

Gowza
June 14, 2018, 06:48 AM
Rashid's first wicket, currently averaging 109, I'm sure that will improve.

Gowza
June 14, 2018, 07:00 AM
Now mujeeb with his first wicket!

tiger1000
June 14, 2018, 07:56 AM
If they can keep india under 400 they're still in the game

aklemalp
June 14, 2018, 08:41 AM
Welcome to test cricket Afghanistan.

A 1st day to forget. Jittery. Nerves perhaps.

Gowza
June 14, 2018, 08:47 AM
Tough first day but they came back really well.

al Furqaan
June 14, 2018, 09:20 AM
I don’t think Mujeeb will be as effective in Tests. Judging from what we saw of Ajantha Mendis. Granted Mendis has decent stats. Mujeeb most likely won’t average under 35 in Tests. Rashid though has a long of potential.

Seamers have been pretty impressive.

tiger1000
June 14, 2018, 09:54 AM
I don’t think Mujeeb will be as effective in Tests. Judging from what we saw of Ajantha Mendis. Granted Mendis has decent stats. Mujeeb most likely won’t average under 35 in Tests. Rashid though has a long of potential.

Seamers have been pretty impressive.

He's young, I think he'll develop into an excellent off spinner one day, his variations will carry him few years, but he's got excellent control of speed and flight, things rashid doesn't have, rashid will be good, but he'll be like a kumble at best, which is excellent, but still nothing like his ability in t20s

Gowza
June 14, 2018, 10:38 AM
Mujeeb also gets good bounce and decent turn.

Gowza
June 14, 2018, 10:44 AM
Would not be surprised if at some point Afghanistan fields a 3 or 4 man spin attack if conditions are right. Rashid, mujeeb, zahir khan, Amir hamza, Qais ahmed among others. They are pretty strong in the spin department.

Night_wolf
June 14, 2018, 11:45 AM
did not see the first day.

So what happened to rashid and mujeeb? flat track? indian batsman too good? first test jitters? or were they not that good in tests?

al Furqaan
June 14, 2018, 12:42 PM
did not see the first day.

So what happened to rashid and mujeeb? flat track? indian batsman too good? first test jitters? or were they not that good in tests?

I watched a bit here and there. Its a greentop but Rashid got his googlies to turn sharply. Nabi wasn't getting any turn, and I doubt Mujeeb was too (stream was crappy). But Rashid was turning the ball. But he's a wrist spinner. Ash and Jadeja won't turn the ball as much, but they won't need to. Afghan batters will fold on this track for under 250 in both innings. Then again Indian spinners aren't as good as Afghan ones, according to Stanikzai.

Afghan seamers bowled poor lines and lengths...half trackers, leg side wides and Dhawan and Vijay were in the mood of just putting em all to the fence. Hence why the Indian run rate hovered around 6 an over till tea.

Mandela
June 14, 2018, 01:54 PM
Rashid bowled lots of full tosses. Also difficult for spinner when they are brought in after 10 overs on a green wicket on day 1.

Rashid bowled really well last 10 overs.

NoName
June 14, 2018, 10:24 PM
My CI loaded weirdly and it reversed Afg and Ind score's and I almost spat my drink out thinking Afg was close to scoring 400 :lol:

Rifat
June 14, 2018, 11:26 PM
Give Afghanistan some more time....still getting used to Test Cricket. here is an unpopular idea: invite them for a 3 match test series in Bangladesh. prepare flat tracks.

Rifat
June 14, 2018, 11:35 PM
Go Afghanistan...their batting needs to click to make a match out of this.

Rinathq
June 15, 2018, 01:10 AM
Their test bowling attack even with Rashid and mujeeb not performing is still way better then our so called experienced bowlers

Rifat
June 15, 2018, 01:36 AM
Their test bowling attack even with Rashid and mujeeb not performing is still way better then our so called experienced bowlers

i was very impressed with their medium pacer, Yameen Ahmadzai. even their seamers got decent variations to decieve Indian batsmen

Gowza
June 15, 2018, 02:27 AM
Ouch 3/35, Rahmat shah arguably their best batsman is gone.

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 02:54 AM
Give Afghanistan some more time....still getting used to Test Cricket. here is an unpopular idea: invite them for a 3 match test series in Bangladesh. prepare flat tracks.

still recovering from 3-0..cant handle another 3-0 so early

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 03:16 AM
Rashid is solid with the bat. I predict in 4-5 years he'll be number 1 in test all rounder ranking. will be the first 19 year old to reach number 1 too

tiger1000
June 15, 2018, 03:19 AM
Fully expecting a Nabi 50 and rashid 30

tiger1000
June 15, 2018, 03:20 AM
Rashid is solid with the bat. I predict in 4-5 years he'll be number 1 in test all rounder ranking. will be the first 19 year old to reach number 1 too

Hahaha

Leave the teen alone

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 03:20 AM
Vv: ""porumayaa iru, porumayaa iru.varum, varum, varum"- DK advising Ashwin[বাংলা] in tamim[/বাংলা]. Sounds good advice to Afghanistan too" --- It means stay patient, the reward will come

even when we are not there we are there :lol:

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 03:25 AM
Afg will do good. they are still in T20 mode. once they understand this is not T20 and playing like T20 wont do good here they will adjust

Sheikh_Saheb
June 15, 2018, 03:28 AM
Vv: ""porumayaa iru, porumayaa iru.varum, varum, varum"- DK advising Ashwin[বাংলা] in tamim[/বাংলা]. Sounds good advice to Afghanistan too" --- It means stay patient, the reward will come

even when we are not there we are there :lol:
What's tamim?

You guys are following AFG around ?

Cheers
Siraj

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 03:31 AM
What's tamim?

You guys are following AFG around ?

Cheers
Siraj

should have been tamil..mistakenly wrote tamim

Sheikh_Saheb
June 15, 2018, 03:36 AM
should have been tamil..mistakenly wrote tamim
Ah I see. No worries. Do you speak the tongue mate? Its a mouthful aye, or so I heard.

Cheers
Siraj

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 03:39 AM
Ah I see. No worries. Do you speak the tongue mate? Its a mouthful aye, or so I heard.

Cheers
Siraj

no I dont speak tamil. but the error was obvious, you dont need to know tamil to make it out

Sheikh_Saheb
June 15, 2018, 03:41 AM
no I dont speak tamil. but the error was obvious, you dont need to know tamil to make it out
Good on ya, I wouldn't have the slightest.

Cheers
Siraj

Sheikh_Saheb
June 15, 2018, 03:47 AM
Damn AFG is sinking like a rock.

Cheers
Siraj

Rifat_02
June 15, 2018, 04:13 AM
Afghanistan are being shown their place, getting smashed here badly. A few T20 wins versus Bangladesh got to their heads

Sheikh_Saheb
June 15, 2018, 04:25 AM
Perhaps, but 3-0 is no fluke; Snake dances notwithstanding.

Cheers
Siraj

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 04:48 AM
can afg take it to day 3?

dolcevita
June 15, 2018, 04:52 AM
Only BD team can make Afgan team look like a formidable unit.

BCB should take 50% of the money invested for men and use it for developping women's cricket.

After 21 years if a team can't win a trilateral tournament including Zimbabwe that only means that this team is terrible.
I have been closely following them for over a decade.

Rifat_02
June 15, 2018, 05:07 AM
It's embarrassing how we lost to this Afghanistan side even though it was t20s, only we can do such, let's not forget how we lost to Hong Kong

tiger1000
June 15, 2018, 05:08 AM
It's embarrassing how we lost to this Afghanistan side even though it was t20s, only we can do such, let's not forget how we lost to Hong Kong

They're still a good t20 team

Rifat_02
June 15, 2018, 05:12 AM
They're still a good t20 team

Still no excuse for losing 3-0, they are not multi time t20 world cup chanpions like West Indies and our players have been playing t20s longer

tiger1000
June 15, 2018, 05:49 AM
Still no excuse for losing 3-0, they are not multi time t20 world cup chanpions like West Indies and our players have been playing t20s longer

Our t20 teams a joke, especially with no Mustafizur, no coach, no fast bowling coach, not spin bowling coach, no fielding coach

Poor selection, line and length of Roy would have troubled Afghanistan, Hider should have played earlier, Mossadek should have bowled more

Umpires were very bias, they gave 1 decision against Afghanistan wrong, gave us over a dozen

Ultimately we played very poorly first 2 games and only turned up to the third match

DinRaat.
June 15, 2018, 06:48 AM
Is it bad, that I find this extremely funny, even though I support the emerging Afghanistan side, 2 days how can you be that ill prepared.

DinRaat.
June 15, 2018, 06:49 AM
The Jadwin combo, is like the Starc-Johnson combo, there was a saying back in the summers of 013 and 014..

"If Mitchell Starc doesn't get you Mitchell Johnson will"

This is exactly whats happening here.

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 06:53 AM
test finishes in 2 days lol

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 06:57 AM
the commentators were talking about how Afg was playing number 1 side and they might fare well if played against Bangladesh

Bangladesh came so many times in their talking that when after the end Harsha bogle said "so Bang.." Corrects himself "...Afghanistan loses the test in 2 days" LOL hahahaha.

Sheikh_Saheb
June 15, 2018, 07:05 AM
I've started watching URU vs EGY now. Just checked the score out of curiosity. AFG folded pretty quick.

Cheers
MSS

ToBeFair
June 15, 2018, 09:33 AM
:D:D:D:D:D

aklemalp
June 15, 2018, 09:34 AM
Wow, that escalated quickly.

Premature

bujhee kom
June 15, 2018, 09:47 AM
Hahaaha! Yeah..."We have better spinners than India..." Talk nah! Pathetic./
This is Test cricket!

tiger1000
June 15, 2018, 09:59 AM
the commentators were talking about how Afg was playing number 1 side and they might fare well if played against Bangladesh

Bangladesh came so many times in their talking that when after the end Harsha bogle said "so Bang.." Corrects himself "...Afghanistan loses the test in 2 days" LOL hahahaha.

Bangladesh never got the slow proper introduction to this level we were thrown in at the deep end, we never lost in 2 days.

They won't talk so much against Afghanistan, as they shouldn't, but when we were that poor, the insults were non stop and no sympathy was shown

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 10:03 AM
Bangladesh never got the slow proper introduction to this level we were thrown in at the deep end, we never lost in 2 days.

They won't talk so much against Afghanistan, as they shouldn't, but when we were that poor, the insults were non stop and no sympathy was shown

first 2-3 years I dont remember if any insults were thrown tbh. the first insult came in Australia when that australian guy(RIP) said australia can beat BD in one day.

Spitfire_x86
June 15, 2018, 10:28 AM
first 2-3 years I dont remember if any insults were thrown tbh. the first insult came in Australia when that australian guy(RIP) said australia can beat BD in one day.
That was in first 2-3 years (less than 3 years from playing our first test)

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 11:28 AM
That was in first 2-3 years (less than 3 years from playing our first test)

yes I know..that is what I am talking about..it came in 2003

tiger1000
June 15, 2018, 11:42 AM

Toothless tigers was the name that existed long before that insult on Australia tour

Minnow jibes were a constant too

aklemalp
June 15, 2018, 12:00 PM

David Hookes:

"Steve Waugh should send them in to bat, bowl them out before lunch, bat until tea and declare, then send them back in and roll them again before stumps. It could be all over and done with in a day. The reality is that Bangladesh doesn't deserve to be in Test cricket and they certainly shouldn't be given any favors but on the field."

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 12:29 PM
Toothless tigers was the name that existed long before that insult on Australia tour

Minnow jibes were a constant too

I cant remember toothless tigers. minnow is a normal word. we were/are minnows.

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 12:30 PM
David Hookes:

"Steve Waugh should send them in to bat, bowl them out before lunch, bat until tea and declare, then send them back in and roll them again before stumps. It could be all over and done with in a day. The reality is that Bangladesh doesn't deserve to be in Test cricket and they certainly shouldn't be given any favors but on the field."

and the goat aus team were unable to bowl us out on the first day let alone in the first session

our batting was ok at times, sucked at times..it was always because of our bowling we struggled in tests

tiger1000
June 15, 2018, 01:57 PM

You honestly don't remember Toothless tigers

They called us Toothless tigers as much as they called us bangladesh

Yankees
June 15, 2018, 05:59 PM

take out the names and the higher ranked team beat the lower ranked team 3-0. That sounds about right to me.

One World
June 15, 2018, 10:20 PM
Respect to the member who perfectly forecasted a 2 day wrap up :up:

Night_wolf
June 15, 2018, 10:29 PM
This test will be finished by day 2.

when will we win the world cup? please say I will be alive

adamnsu
June 16, 2018, 12:53 AM
Test cricket is a totally different ball game. Bangladesh is still learning after all these years to play.

However playing against India was never going to be easy to say the least. Unless they play with us, Ireland or Zimbabwe could they have done better.

Shaan
June 16, 2018, 02:24 AM
problem with afghans are the mind set, the habit, attitude they have towards the game suits them very well in t20. this is the way mostly their batsman plays, these set of players cannot change overnight the way they play. in t20 you don’t need technicallly correct as a batsman, all you need is hit the ball as far as hard as possible with sheer technique, just need to meet the ball with the bat, you need to go bang bang from the the very first ball kick on, you need not be patient. This is how current set of Afghans play cricket. they need different set of players for the test.

Shaan
June 16, 2018, 02:36 AM
feel funny when some indian fans trying to show sympathy towards afghan by saying it is part of the the game, we love afghans. but then i thought for second things would have been different if afghans have beat india the sympathy, and love would have gone into drain. the moment you challenge indian team you become their enemy, right now afghans are like little doll for indians for cuddling. then soon they will be curse for indians as soon afghans will beat indians in t20s.

Shingara
June 16, 2018, 06:02 AM
We scored 400 in our first test first innings.
Bulbul scored 145.

Shobai ki vuila gesey ?

One World
June 17, 2018, 05:02 AM
^We folded less than 100 in second innings

tejkuni
June 17, 2018, 08:31 AM

Javed Miandad made insulting comments even before Bangladesh started the first Test. I for got the exact words.

zura
June 17, 2018, 09:28 AM
feel funny when some indian fans trying to show sympathy towards afghan by saying it is part of the the game, we love afghans. but then i thought for second things would have been different if afghans have beat india the sympathy, and love would have gone into drain. the moment you challenge indian team you become their enemy, right now afghans are like little doll for indians for cuddling. then soon they will be curse for indians as soon afghans will beat indians in t20s.

Hit on the nail right there.

aklemalp
June 17, 2018, 09:33 AM

isn't this a typical SC mentality?

look at SL supporting INDIA in Nihadas trophy final, and Indians supporting Pakistan in a PAK V BD game in Kolkata...

adamnsu
June 17, 2018, 10:26 AM
I once exposed the prejudice held by an Indian journalist.

When BD beat India in 2007 he tore us apart and highlighted every negative aspect about BD team he could find and had called us lowly as his headline.

I highlighted this to his editor he said he wasn’t biased at all. Then I pointed out that Zimbabwe nearly beat Australia in a match and he labelled Zim them as fervent and said much positive things about them. The sports media took down the BD article.

Indian journalists initially were pathetic towards BD. We all know how Rajesh and his goonies used to write about us.

But after performances they changed their tune. I think Afghan are lucky compared to us that the Indian and Pak media are positive about them.

Donal C
June 17, 2018, 10:30 AM
Said it on page 1 and will repeat it here.

Afghanistans preparation for this was shambolic. They were always going to struggle but their batting isnt so crappy as to get bowled out twice in two sessions. Preparing for an India Test and they play Bangladesh in 3 t20's on rank turners. That too when their 3 best players (Nabi, Rashid, Mujeeb) are coming off the IPL and hadnt even seen a red ball for months. It was beyond stupid. They couldve played Bangladesh after the Test. Ireland had a practice game with a county and some red ball intra squad games plus domestic cricket. Definitely helped.

Night_wolf
June 17, 2018, 10:43 AM
Said it on page 1 and will repeat it here.

Afghanistans preparation for this was shambolic. They were always going to struggle but their batting isnt so crappy as to get bowled out twice in two sessions. Preparing for an India Test and they play Bangladesh in 3 t20's on rank turners. That too when their 3 best players (Nabi, Rashid, Mujeeb) are coming off the IPL and hadnt even seen a red ball for months. It was beyond stupid. They couldve played Bangladesh after the Test. Ireland had a practice game with a county and some red ball intra squad games plus domestic cricket. Definitely helped.

shows which team is giving preference to which format

Rifat_02
June 17, 2018, 11:40 AM
I once exposed the prejudice held by an Indian journalist.

When BD beat India in 2007 he tore us apart and highlighted every negative aspect about BD team he could find and had called us lowly as his headline.

I highlighted this to his editor he said he wasn’t biased at all. Then I pointed out that Zimbabwe nearly beat Australia in a match and he labelled Zim them as fervent and said much positive things about them. The sports media took down the BD article.

Indian journalists initially were pathetic towards BD. We all know how Rajesh and his goonies used to write about us.

But after performances they changed their tune. I think Afghan are lucky compared to us that the Indian and Pak media are positive about them.

There was also Mandira Bedi saying some unsavoury stuff about BD in that world cup as the host. Also, Remember when Navjot Singh Sidhu was saying something like both cockroaches and birds fly but a cockroach is not a bird to refer to BD? Not to mention Geoffrey Boycott was saying his Grandmother could bat better than Bangladesh batsmen, and that Pakistan talk show where they brought a guy painted black to represent a BD player. We were like the step child of cricket for getting test status in 2000.

Afghanistan on the other hand will still be praised if they lose by 700 runs the next day.

The BD team has received and still receives some very bad hatred, some uncalled for, that's why it feels doubly sweet when we give back some to the cricket world. I hope the team rises again and makes the haters silent once more

One World
June 17, 2018, 12:09 PM
^It is that suppressed inferiority complex exposed through superiority while in terms of cricket BD hold oldest and richest history compared to all other subcontinent nation's.

roman
June 17, 2018, 12:23 PM
Afghans are getting all these praises simply because of their flamboyant brand of cricket. Rashid is very popular in India as well because of his IPL performance. BD on the other hand, win a match here and there, very boring game approach most of the time, has no popular player like Rashid and Mujeb. And back in 07, there was no IPL. So our players were unknown to them. So it was easy to pick on them. And also the bully attitude India has towards us helped

tiger1000
June 17, 2018, 02:53 PM
Afghans are getting all these praises simply because of their flamboyant brand of cricket. Rashid is very popular in India as well because of his IPL performance. BD on the other hand, win a match here and there, very boring game approach most of the time, has no popular player like Rashid and Mujeb. And back in 07, there was no IPL. So our players were unknown to them. So it was easy to pick on them. And also the bully attitude India has towards us helped

Also for the fact its like a charity case

adamnsu
June 17, 2018, 03:40 PM
There was also Mandira Bedi saying some unsavoury stuff about BD in that world cup as the host. Also, Remember when Navjot Singh Sidhu was saying something like both cockroaches and birds fly but a cockroach is not a bird to refer to BD? Not to mention Geoffrey Boycott was saying his Grandmother could bat better than Bangladesh batsmen, and that Pakistan talk show where they brought a guy painted black to represent a BD player. We were like the step child of cricket for getting test status in 2000.

Afghanistan on the other hand will still be praised if they lose by 700 runs the next day.

The BD team has received and still receives some very bad hatred, some uncalled for, that's why it feels doubly sweet when we give back some to the cricket world. I hope the team rises again and makes the haters silent once more

Mandira got bitter after BD beat India tbh. Boycott would use his grandmother to other teams and players as well.

Aussies were the worst like David hookes and I really wanted him to witness BD beating Australia. But A lot Aussie and Kiwi journalist would say really mean stuff.

I remember a UK sports journalist get torn apart before he said lower ranked teams had no place in the World Cup and BD did quite well.

Pakistanis media also chose a darkened and short lady to make fun of our female players. But that’s a common complex about us that is from my personal experiences with many of them. But after that white wash against Pak teams they have had to change their tune.

TBH the only way you can change people’s perspective is playing good cricket. InshahAllah I also hope our team sorts itself out and being us joy and pride again.